The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2013, 08:53 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Saturday Mawnin All

Nice an sunny 'ere The wind is a little cool but it's a nice day

Clint as far as power steering goes, I have a rack and pinion on mine and it works great. That's been the easiest way that I know of since I was turning wrenches on old hot rods.
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

We had some sun/clouds today and a high of 28!! Next week looks like a mishmash of things, warmer temps - in the 40's and 50's a few days, some rain, some snow then colder again. Whatever....

We went to Wal Mart this morning and did some shopping. Came home and cleaned some. Did laundry. Filled up the bird feeders, shoveled the snow off the deck. I decided to clean the oven this evening, which hasn't been cleaned for awhile.... the whole house smells like burnt roast now, lol! Me and my bright ideas. Turned on the ceiling fans and opened the windows for awhile to air the place out. Made your eyes burn!! It's a self cleaning oven and the whole stove sure gets hot while it's doing it's thing. I wanted to get my hair washed tonight, but reckon I'll do it in the morning. I don't want to go to that wedding shower tomorrow smelling like burnt roast, lol.

Mike... sure hope you get your pizza! I enjoyed mine last night at Panini's. I have 4 leftover pieces to take a couple days for lunch next week.

Well Clint... you'll have to let us know when you'll be on TV so we can watch. I'm gonna forget by the time summer comes, so I'll need reminded.

Well you all have a good evening.
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening Peoples, as Cassy would say...

Nice clear and 'warm' day here. Didn't do much though. 2 curling quarter finals on for the Grand Slam of Curling - Nationals. So now it's down to Jeff Stoughton and Mark McEwen duking it out for the championship tomorrow. Also Scotties Tournament of Hearts is going on. It's a little hard on the ears when the women start shrieking. I just turn the volume down. They do play well, just not as aggressively as the men do.

Mike - I found the answer to your question. It takes more than just 6 posts/day to fill one of these web pages. I think it's around 45???

Clint - You're a movie star?? What car did he want to buy from you? Don't tell me you lost the 67...Should send him over to Mike's to look at the vette and Rolls.

Scot - I think Ted will have his 70 done before you start sanding down your 72. I was really happy for him that he was able to find that OEM W25 hood and get it all fixed/painted with the car. For some reason the stock hood on his (previously maroon) car had the old fashioned hood pin tie downs that none of the Olds ever came with. I believe he said the car was originally bought and modified for racing. It was ordered by Stedelbauer Chev Olds (here in Edmonton) and delivered to Calgary AB (just 180 miles south of here). Car is from Freemont. Looking really good in that silver/black combo.

Hmmm, just made some chicken nuggets. Put some Franks red hot on them. I put that $hit on everything.....
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:14 PM

The weather here isn't too bad, but the roads are slick, I saw five vehicles that had spun out (two hit the barriers between the two lanes of US 31) within a ten minute span, one a GMC extened cab 4x4 hit about 100 yds in front of me, the snow plowed up against the concrete barrier exploded into the air, they then bounced across two lanes and hit the guard rail, and back again to the concrete barrier, I stopped to see if they were ok, the driver was shaken up, and her passenger had already jumped out and ran around to the drivers side, opened the door, and was checking on her. Both gals were ok and had a cell to call for a tow truck (the police are automatically dispatched to any tow truck call that involves even the smallest accident, or anyone going off of the road). Supposed to get a mix of snow and freezing rain tomorrow night into Monday morning, then it will warm up into the 40 for two days before winter and more snow return.
Old January 27th, 2013, 07:44 AM

Mawn'in all

Like to missed it [De mawn'in]

All de ice is gone up ere in de mountains so, I guess I get to go home today.

Blue bird day up ere.

Sandy we made s trip to Walmart too.

Y'all up in de frozen north travel safely
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:16 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by slantflat
Pizza! I'm going into pizza withdrawal. I'm having pizza tonight come hell or high water, even if I have to go by myself. Man, I need some new friends. My friends either live a million miles away or they have wives that won't let them out of their sight, or they just can't be counted on to keep plans.
Good Morning all ,

For gods sake , get some pizza man ! .... as far as the friend thing goes , I know what you mean . That is one pet peave of mine , having a spouse ( man or woman , or whatever ) that won't let the significant other go do anything , that really irritates me . I've been there and done that when it comes to be counted on . I try not to do that anymore . It's funny how another can get your mind all goofed up . I wish that was my only problem when it comes to my wife , but it's too late now . She never had respect , or listened to what I was saying . Everyone makes mistakes , but learning from your mistakes is very important . Some people just like to reapeat themselves forever it seems .
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:24 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I don't want to go to that wedding shower tomorrow smelling like burnt roast, lol.
What's wrong with smelling like roast ? Maybe they will kick you out , and then you can go home earlier .

Clint - You need to send me your signed autograph if your gonna be famous .
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:25 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
The weather here isn't too bad, but the roads are slick, I saw five vehicles that had spun out (two hit the barriers between the two lanes of US 31) within a ten minute span, one a GMC extened cab 4x4 hit about 100 yds in front of me, the snow plowed up against the concrete barrier exploded into the air, they then bounced across two lanes and hit the guard rail, and back again to the concrete barrier, I stopped to see if they were ok, the driver was shaken up, and her passenger had already jumped out and ran around to the drivers side, opened the door, and was checking on her. Both gals were ok and had a cell to call for a tow truck (the police are automatically dispatched to any tow truck call that involves even the smallest accident, or anyone going off of the road). Supposed to get a mix of snow and freezing rain tomorrow night into Monday morning, then it will warm up into the 40 for two days before winter and more snow return.
People just drive like crap ! Some of them never learn . I see this everyday .
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Stayed up until 3am last night. I haven't done that in awhile, well, except for when I'm at work. Slept with few interuptions until 130. Coolish today, a little overcast but that will keep it a little warmer tonight.

I got my pizza! I was beginning to doubt that I would, especially when around 6 my neighbor brought over some chicken and rice. About 730 I was online and I thought, wonder if Pizza Hut has any online deals. Yup, so I ordered and went and picked it up. Just finished up the last couple pieces now. That should hold me pizza-wise for a little while.

Allan I love those Red Hot commercials. I don't eat hot sauce but if I did I'd buy that brand, just for the advertising. Just say the words, Frank's Red Hot and -everyone- in earshot will say that line.

Work tonight. I work four this week then have four off, and that will change my days off for the next month. I got three days I need to take off before the beginning of March. I need to plan a trip somewhere.

The Fiat has electric power steering. I didn't know the motor was in the steering column. It doesn't work when the engine isn't running, I would think it would. Hm.

Okay gonna get ready for this day.
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Just an Olds Guy

yuuuuuuuuuppp! Sunday afternoon already. Another purdy quiet one on the mawnin posts...

Nice day up here. Taking advantage of it while I can. Next week starting on Tues it's supposed to drop to -13° F not counting wind chill for the next couple days. Yay! That means it's too cold to snow much.

Jeff Stoughton won the Grand Slam Nationals this afternoon! My turn to win a game tonight too!

Bryan - you're not alone. I think the crazy drivers have spread faster than a computer virus. In fact it seems like nowadays newbie drivers have to prove to the examiner they're certifiably looney and dangerous just to get a license. Getting so I don't like driving much anywhere. Ever go out at night when peeps are supposed to be home in bed? Naw - they're all out on the streets doing dumb things.

Mike - burp! good pizza dude! Goes better with Franks Red Hot. Hmmm Graeme got ya beat. He stayed up till 7:00 am this morning. I gave him $hit because it's going to play havoc with him getting up on Monday. So where you planning to go for vacation? Take the amphicar to FL and cruise the beaches?

Jamesbo - No problem! It's Jack's turn to drive tonight so we're taking his truck. Anyone who wants to mess with him better have insurance.
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It was a partly sunny day today, temps around 32 degrees. Guess we're supposed to get the freezing rain starting in the wee hours of the morning, hope it's all just rain by rush hour. I hate ice and I worry about Nicole driving. They were treating Rt. 91 earlier with the beet juice or whatever they put down nowadays. Getting ready for the ice, I guess. Hope it works!

Jean came down this morning and I drove us to Strongsville for the shower. It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be, lol. Emily's parents were really nice, and so was the other family we met. The hall was decorated really nice, and they had real good food!! George and Emily got lots of nice gifts. The wedding is Feb. 16th.

We got home goin on 6, and Jr. and Elyse were here visiting with Larry. Larry went and got chicken for supper and they all ate. I wasn't hungry. They left 7ish. I made my potato salad finally, so I'll have it to eat this week. I've been hungry for it. Guess I need a taste of summer.

Well you all stay safe out there and we'll chat tomorrow.
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:04 AM

Mawn'in

Tis Monday so guess what?

I luv de smell of toast,

GTG
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Wake up!!!! Morning All!

A slushy mess out here this morning, temps at 38 and going up!! Light rain coming down. Ice in places that haven't been salted. Supposed to be like 58 tomorrow then temps start falling again. Snow coming back in and a high of like 18 on Friday. This winter sure is making up for last year.

Quiet in here this morning. Steve and Brian are busy with reading their emails from Friday and catching up on stuff. Clay is pounding away out there,lol. No calls as of yet. Probably gonna be a long day!

Nicole made it to class safely - I texted her. She's feeling better finally. Just has a cough once in a while.

Jamesbo... have fun smacking whitey around!

Well you all have a good Monday!
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:46 AM

Glad it is Monday. Long weekend here. Grace woke up Friday. Ight with a gall stone attach. Roads were a sheet of ice but we crept along the 10 mi to the hospital. Made it there ok and they operated sat and we came home yesterday minus a gall bladder. Amazing what they can do these days? Anyway looking forward to getting to back to normal this week. Supposed to warm up a little here this week. Gotta make a decision about going to the beach next weekend. We have the beach house the next couple of weeks but iVe missed some quality car time the past 2 weekends. Gotta find some time to work on that beast if we are going to be on the road by April............hoping it will stay warm enough here this week to do some painting. Well Mac and I are off to inspect the neighborhood. Good day to all
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:21 AM

Digging out of our next round of storms.. I got about 6" of the good stuff - Sorry Sandy.. I do feel that the *snow* is good stuff..
It should be hitting you there Clint.. Hopefully you want some more..
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Captain Starfire

Just lost an epic post.... have to catch up later!
Had the miserable thing on my clipboard; but then hit "post" button and copied something else to clipboard.... and guess what? It didn't post.
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:09 PM

Good Evening

Just rain and more rain. The animals are lining up at the front door with a demand that I get the ark build. Still waiting on the twin turbo 455 to come in to finish up
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy all.

What a pretty night out. Full moon, stars, mild. Supposed to stay right around 50 tonight, and then the rain comes in tomorrow afternoon. This will be the first storm we've had since the dogs pulled their little stunt, so I'll be nervous all night tomorrow.

John I've lost posts of epic proportions before, so once in a while I right click and save so I can paste it back if I need to.

Last night was a pip. Me and another guy were going to change a slide. Got the old one out, ready to put the new one in only to find that we had the wrong one. And, we didn't have the right one. It was supposed to come in from JFK this morning, so dayshift got to finish up the slide. So we were on break the rest of the night, but still had to stay till the end to give turnover. Tonight will probably be an engine change or something.

That time again, so have a good night everyone and I'll see you tomorrow.
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Quiet evening looks like.

Pat - I think you can charge admission if you build it. Remember Field of Dreams? If you build it they will come..... Sorry to hear you guys are being swamped. Your grass must be floating and infested with snails by now.

Mike - Have a great evening. They probably left that slide for you guys to finish up tonight. Speaking of epic..this site wasn't found by my browser for a while. Maybe something in the weather.

John - everytime I have something that I don't want to lose during the 'post' process I first copy the whole dang thing (CTRL + A, selects all the stuff in your dialogue box, then CTRL C - copies it to short term storage). That way if it doesn't post you can go back to the thread and paste (CTRL + V) and try all over again. If it still doesn't work? Keep on doing it till you wear down your puter's resistance and it posts it!

Not feeling good. Hope it's not the dang flu or whatnot. Slept about 3 hours this afternoon and had 5 cups of quick chicken soup.

Ciao for now.
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:20 AM

Mawn'in all

Never did warm up yesterday on de golf course but de say, I's gonna warm up to 70 today [when de course is closed]

De hottie bev cart girl took up wit a member who likes to fly her around so sh quite [retired] we gots a new one dats got de personality of a wet dish rag.

Started off like I knew wth I was do'in den fell apart an played like a goat, then de worm turned and I started play'in good again. Not real sure why I put myself thru dis.

Welp, Have a great day Olds friends, I'll check wit cha later on
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:46 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Pretty froggy here this morning. Supposed to be a beautimus springlike day into the upper 70's But tomorrow is a chance of strong stroms and high's near 80*

Sorry to hear about the wallflower of a bev cart gal Jamesbo Maybe she'll come around soon once the newness has worn off and she get's to know everybody

Yall have a great day Olds peeps
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Very thick fog around here this morning, but temps at 50 degrees, so I'll put up with the fog! It's so spring like out there. I already have daffodils up about 4 inches, and Hyacinths poking up out of the ground.... guess Mother Nature knows what she's doing. Supposed to be 18 on Friday and now they're calling for snow Friday and Saturday.

Where's Clint????

Not much going on. Nicole has some kind of interview or something later today out in Solon. There was an ad in the paper for a vet assistant/receptionist.... it's been in the paper before, quite a few times. I don't know if people just don't like working there or what. So we'll see what they say to Nicole. I think she will be filling out an application today. It would be nice if she gets a job....

Another quiet day in here. I got a book and a half read yesterday. God I got tired of sitting!!! I didn't want to sit at home last night. I worked out when I got home, but there's not a whole lot to do to keep me on my feet all evening. Maybe tonight I'll take a walk or something. I hate these dark evenings. I should start my spring cleaning now, lol.

Adrian.... if you're out there, what happened that caused you all to lose power for so long?

Well you all have a great day!
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hell froze over here last night. This morning it was -42°C or -44°F with wind chills; take your pick. Not very nice either way you slice it. Supposed to stay like this till humpday then it warms up a bit.

Jamesbo - even if you played part of the game like a goat it would be so bad. Sorry to hear about the beer babe change. No fun having sour suds delivered by Miss Prune juice.

Mike - you like Studebakers? Saw a nice 52 busniessmans coupe on evilbay the other day and thought about you. Interesting car with the luggage pass through. Never realized how plain those cars were on the inside. Doubt if it floats like your amphicar though.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Cutlass Lover

Wow! It's like spring time here, lol. Up to 55 degrees and a warm breeze blowing. I really enjoyed my walk at lunch time!! It's still cloudy, but that's ok. I've had my fan on in here since this morning. The air is soooo dry in here - My nose was so dry this morning it hurt. I turned on my fan to circulate some air. Clay and Steve both had their heaters blasting. I have 4 containers with water in them, sitting around in here. The water really evaporates fast cause it's so hot in here. I'm surprised Brian didn't turn off my fan while I was walking. It's 76 in here now.... still too hot.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:45 AM

Warm down ere today also but tomorrow de say, It's gonna get nasty wit wind storms and possible [ya know what]
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Originally Posted by Allan R
Hell froze over here last night. This morning it was -42°C or -44°F with wind chills; take your pick. Not very nice either way you slice it. Supposed to stay like this till humpday then it warms up a bit.

Jamesbo - even if you played part of the game like a goat it would be so bad. Sorry to hear about the beer babe change. No fun having sour suds delivered by Miss Prune juice.

Mike - you like Studebakers? Saw a nice 52 busniessmans coupe on evilbay the other day and thought about you. Interesting car with the luggage pass through. Never realized how plain those cars were on the inside. Doubt if it floats like your amphicar though.
Allan, the West is getting nailed this year...into the -40's is getting really uncomfortable and can be dangerous....how much snow you guys have? We have a dusting and +5 here today...
Mike., how many amphicars were built?

Ted
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yup, you got that right Ted. We lost some of our snow 2 weeks ago when it got warm and rained some too. Then it decided to get cold and snow again so we're back up with snow piles everywhere. On the sides of my driveway it's almost 5' high and spread out over a distance of 8' so it'll take a while to melt off in the Spring. The windrow on the street left by the plows have turned to ice and are about 30" high and 4' wide. They were 'supposed' to get cleaned up over Christmas..... yeah right. When I back out of the driveway in the summer I usually end up dropping about 7-8" down to the asphalt from the sidewalk, but now it's downhill to the sidewalk, and uphill to the road! City is supposed to maintain a maximum snow pack on residential streets of 5cm (2") but we're well over 25 cm. When it gets warm the drawback is the whole front street becomes impassable. You're right, the -40 temps are not fun. At that temp you can hear the trusses and stuff in the house make funny noises at night.
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Captain Starfire

I know, I know

Allan & Mike, I do need to start pasting to a saved external file off the bat; thing is, I always think I'm just gonna' have a coupley sentences; then it turns into a few paragraphs. I had the dern thing on the clipboard (believe it or not, I know my way around a PC, since I've done my livelihood on one for over 20 years). But it's just a little quirk of human nature to try and save a minute, and then lose an hour (i.e., "laziness").

Well, wiffie & I have been watching a few episodes of the original (the only ones, as far as I'm concerned) Hawaii Five-0, with the REAL (and dead) Steve McGarrett, all the way from Season 1. We're on Season 11 now, with one season to go. Poor Kono was launched years ago (I liked him), and they say Danno hit the door before the 12th season. So the 12th and final season is gonna’ seem like "The Steve McGarrett Show," with a guest appearance by the Governor on occasion, just for old times’ sake.

It’s nice to just sit down and veg for that 45-50 minutes each night, when we can, just to let dinner digest. Then it’s pretty much time for beddy-bye.

Enjoy the balmy weather while you have it, Sandy! It sure won’t last for long. Our weather down here sounds like Hotlanta’s; downright warm today and tonight, but storms blowin’ in tomorrow with a chill following. Spose to be nice for the big game Sunday.

And speaking of which, it took me 50 minutes to get Downtown Friday to pick up the better half (then another 70 minutes to get to Ponchatoula); traffic is already tied in knots. Yesterday she hopped on the Canal Streetcar and met me away from the CBD…. it worked great, so we’re gonna do it again today. We'll play the rest of the week by ear. She may not go in on Friday; it’s gonna’ be completely insane down there.

They have the cleaning crews out on the streets 24/7 now, scraping up crap that has been welded to the pavement since before Katrina. You’d swear we run a sterile ship if you were just a weekend visitor!

In reality, part of the charm of N.O. is its patina, which doesn’t always smell like honey nectar. Dem’ shucked ershta shells (“oyster,” for those of you north of the Mason-Dixon), start reeking pretty good after 24 hours.

But anyhow, it should be a show of shows. They’re gonna’ have to invent a word stronger than “hype” to capture all the network rigamarole CBS is engaging in this week. All the big-guns are here, and they’re poised for battle….. Then NFL Experience opens at the newly refurbished Convention Center tomorrow; that should really be a hoot for the football lovin' kids and their parents. I must be gettin' old, 'cause I worked at the Worlds Fair in '84 the year that hall opened. Hard to believe it would need a facelift after only 29 years.

Last subject: we hired a new guy a couple weeks ago and he sits basically a cube away from me. He wears enough perfume to make Estee Lauder blush. I asked him once nicely to tone it down, and that I find it overpowering; and he agreed. Two days later, he’s right back like he showered in the stuff. What’s a mother to do….? It's really unpleasant to have to sniff this stuff all day, every day. Maybe I could pick up a few rancid ershta shells and ....

Well, y’all have a great resto’ yer Tuesday, Oldsmobuddies.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 29th, 2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:14 PM

John, Are you try'in to tell me dat dare are episodes of Hawaii Five 0 dat don't end wit "book'em Danno ?' I don't beleive it.
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Could be worse - the punch line could've been " Ahhll be baaack!"
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Captain Starfire

Yep, Jamesbo, 'tis a fact. They never show that last season in syndication or reruns, it seems. But Steve and Govna' are 'bout the only ones left.

See the Amazon reviews of Season 12 for some inside dope.

Aloha....

[Spoiler alert --> McGarrett FINALLY puts Wo Fat in jail!!!]
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:34 PM

Musta been during during my absence in the sixties. Ya know what de say, " If you remember the 60's...............you weren't there."
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Just an Olds Guy

John, ever notice how McGarrett could make the tires screech on grass and sand, especially when jamming the brakes to the mat? That always amazed me. Must have been something dubbed in there.

When I first started watching the new version of Hawaii Five-O I thought I'd be disappointed but it kind of grows on you. Sort of like Trekkies got used to not seeing William Shatner on the bridge of the Enterprise in spin offs.

I think just about everyone who originally starred on H50 is dead. Danny William (James MacArthur) was the last to go IIRC in 2010 at 72 yoa.
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Always room for one more

Hey, evening everyone.

We got a little bit of rain about 8 hours early tonight. Maybe that will be it for the whole storm. I wouldn't mind.

Work was suckful last night, and I'll just leave it at that. It's gotta get better. I almost want to put in for that lead job but I can't take a $400 hit on my pay each month.

Allan I like Studes towards the end of the line. I love Larks, and the original Loewy coupe. Not the one with the huge fish mouth. Of course give me a Stude of any vintage and I likely wouldn't turn it down.

Scot I'll comment here on your picture of the Fitch Sprint. That roof treatment over the back glass is something that is glued on. I think the Sprints of the late model Corvair are more or less just visual "improvement," but the early ones had suspension upgrades. I'm not really up on my Sprints. I think I see two Oldsmobiles in the picture. The car furtherst to the right of the picture, you can only see the fender next to a Chev, I believe looks like an Olds. And the car you can only see its headlight between the two men, and its left fender looks like an Olds.

John maybe if you ask Sandy really nice she'll send you her fan.

And off yet again to high school, oops I mean work. Good evening to you all and be ready for hump day.
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:05 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. It actually made it over freezing today for the first time in a week and tomorrow it will be in the high 50's.

Allan - minus 42 C? That's crazy! Hope it warms up there soon, if I was up there, I don't think I'd want to go out of the house, not even to walk the dog.
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all,
Ready for Blackberry 10? Just a few more hours till it launches. Wonder how well it will do?

Darrell - Yup, that was with wind chill. Went out for a short time and it was not fun. Without wind it was only -28. I can hardly wait till spring.
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:00 PM

Let's see, 9+" of snow last week, none today on the ground with mid 50 temps and a 1 1/2" of rain to boot...Hmm I've got 25' of clay around me (and in this general area) which adds up to 6" of water in the basement, not sure if the pump is up to the task, tomorrow the temps plunge and lake effect snow from Weds through Sat. It's really gonna suck around here.
Old January 30th, 2013, 04:33 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Just droppin in to say hi. Had to get out early yesterday and plow. had 3-6" to push around.

Monday I had to leave early to see if I could get a coyote or 2. They didn't show. They've been trying to lure the dogs out behind the barn and they're just too bold and too many of them right now. So I'll be leaving early in the morning till I can thin the pack.

Have a day Olds friends,
Old January 30th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Captain Starfire

Sandy, dearest, may I please have your fan, if you wouldn't mind?

Just a quick good morning to my Oldsmofriends.... was windy as Obama's inaugural address on the way in this morning. (oops.... political?)
But we beat the rain. Spose to have that solid line of storms move in real soon; hope no power loss or anything.

Was 70* at the Plantation, but spose to hit the 30s tonite.

Well, y'all have a great humpity-hump day. I'm sure the rain won't dampen the spirits of the Big Easy too much today.

(BTW, Sandy, just so I'll know, what's this person a fan of, and is it a man or a woman? )
Old January 30th, 2013, 04:44 AM

Mawn'in all

Warm and damp but de air's got dat eerie feel'in like we's fix'in to get hammered.

Jes curious ere. Down ere de say, "If de wind blows outa de south ya better get the wood on de porch." Is dat true whar y'all live also?

Clint, Good luck eliminat'in sum pesky Cyotes. I hate dem sucker.

John, Y'all cath'in de weather already or did it blow north of y'all?

GTG batten down de hatches