The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2012, 06:15 AM

Sandy,

Down ere it's really late to be plant'in beans. Most of the time I do it on Good Friday. But it's been so dry ya'd have to prime me to spit, so I waited til de day before rain.
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

Wow! But I guess you guys have had warm temps for awhile though. Wish our ground was warm already. I have some Kentucky Wonder pole beans.... I should try them. Make it easier for the deer to get them if they're up high, lol! I started Blue Lake bush beans. That's what I had last year.
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

This has nothing to do with anything, lol, but last night when Larry was watching American Chopper, they showed the inside of Paul Sr.'s garage. Have you all seen the beautiful Oldsmobiles he has in there? I didn't know he was in to the classic cars too. He sure has some beauties in there. Looked like a gorgeous 69 442 drop top amongst others......
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:48 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All Not so good here but we'll make it

Like Jamesbo said cow + flat rock

Well I get this call from my daughter and she is having car troubles. Seems what Mike's van did is contagious It's a 2001 Cavalier, so can't be much right? Well I leave werk early to find a slew of cops wit lights going and a whole lane blocked on a busy two lane with folks trying to get to work and school She's freaking out and even was able to get her car just to the right of the white line, so I don't see why all of the commotion

Anywho I get them to help me push it waaaaay off the road good enough for them to let me leave it there long enough to take her to school and come back and see what's gwan on. Hmmm da boyfriend musta put Phord plugs or something on it (Sorry Clint I couldn't help it ) Well the battery is fine but when I turn the key, nothing no dash lights, nothing. Hmm so I'm thinking ignition switch or fuses. Well it's not the fuses so I guess my day will consist of trying to get this POS going again Hopefully it'll stop raining soon so I can trouble shoot it. And if it's too much trouble, I'll just shoot it

Well I hope you all have a better day than I
Old April 18th, 2012, 01:19 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Well it seems there is an open recall for this POS and it just so happens to be for the ignition So I'm waiting on someone from the Chubby dealership to tell me if they will honor the recall or tell me to grab my ankles
Old April 18th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Scot I'm sorry I started a trend. I hope the Chevy people will help you. Since you most likely won't be dealing with any of the places around me, your chances of success are more than mine would be. I friend of mine had a Cavalier that quit on him driving to work one day. It wasn't the ignition, it was a rod through the pan.

Got a distributor for the van, and while I'm at it, will get a new cap and rotor, plugs, wires, and an air filter and whatever else I can see to replace while the doghouse is off. I love G20 vans but working on the engine and messing with the cover can be a PITA.

Work tonight. Gonna be nice, a little chilly but no rain. I think we're done with the rain for awhile, which I like.

Okay time to go. Hope everyone is having a nice evening.

Mike
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:01 PM

good day all

Late in the day I know but what ya gonna do when all you do is work. Hope everyone is good. Starting to warm up here been to a couple of cruise ins and had some good times with more to come. Hang it there summer is on the way.

Jamsbo the photo brings back some memories. what about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSdFfO120pM
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:17 PM

Good Evening All.

Nothing exciting here lately.

The weather has been nice lately, so I decided to go for a drive when I got home tonite. One of these times I should take a pic or two.

Watching the NHL playoffs right now (Are we allowed to mention sports in this thread?)

I will need to get caught up on a few posts now.
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:37 PM
CQR

Hardy har har Scot. A cavalier you say? You do know that you are supposed to leave the title in the glovebox in case of a mechanical breakdown or running low on fuel, whichever comes first.

Hope you get her going again. I'm not sure what GM was thinkin when they came up with their new 'ignition switch'. Just replaced another one in an 07 Envoy today. (4th one in this vehicle)

Paul, rounding up the bowling season. have 2 weeks to go. I'm ready for some outdoor sports. Mowed the lawn tonite. Wasn't really looking forward to that part of summer tho.

Bought another .22 today. Had a loose barrel on my Model 190 and no-one could fix it. So, I tackled it myself, and after a little jerry rigging, got that tightened up.
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:53 PM

Clint, my bowling season ended last Friday. So now I store the bowling equipment until September and onto CARS!
Old April 19th, 2012, 04:53 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda wet dis mawn'in but spose to clear out.

Although I appreciate everyone's comments 'bout bowl'in, Guns, hockey and broke down Chebys, Pat's post of Sophia Lauren really stood out as a fine example of a note worthy post.

Scot, I can can hardly find a Cheby Dealership 'round ere. Most of dem have gone Tango Uniform.

Today should be fun. Gotta go to de big city and 2 lanes of de Alpharetta Autobaun [Ga 400] are gonna be closed while sum GDOT guys lean on their shovels.

GTG study Pat's post sum mo.

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old April 19th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunny and in the 50's now, heading towards 70!! I came to work another way this morning, so I was here by 5 till 8. Don't like the little back road, but beats sitting in traffic - to quote Jamesbo - watching the ODOT people lean on their shovels, lol!

Well I got Teepo back yesterday afternoon. Left work at 10 to 5, met Larry at the house and off we went. I'm very happy except...................

Her steering wheel is crooked. Her steering wheel should not be crooked!!!! It goes to the right. The rocket is not straight up and down. I don't like it!!!

Evidently they took off the steering gear box to clean it and paint it. I just figured they'd paint it on the car. So how did they mess up the steering wheel?

How can I get it straight again?? Is it worth it to take her back over there or is it an easy fix to get it straight again? Blue??? Scot??? Rob???? Anyone?

Does it mess with the alignment or anything? I don't know anything about crooked steering wheels, lol.

Other than that, the paint on the trunk looks beautiful, the power steering lines look much smaller than the ones that were on her - there's more metal showing and they are spread out, where her old ones were like on top of each other. But they look very nice - even without stripes! I'll take a pic soon and show you.

I will wait to hear from you guys on the steering wheel before I call Don himself and complain. It's just such a PITA to miss work to get over there and drop her off and all that crap. If it's something Larry can fix, I'll do that.

Quiet in here. Brian is off tomorrow, so that will be nice! Keep me a little busier!!

Well you all have a great day! Good luck with the ignition, Scot!
Old April 19th, 2012, 05:39 AM
CQR

Mornin Olds lovers.

Sandy. They may have reattached the column to the gearbox a spline or 2 off. it might be a quick easy fix. If that is all it is, there should me no reason to re-align it.

Not supposed to hit 60 today, gonna look like Ohio today.
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thank you Clint. But how do I fix it? Or what should I watch for if I have them fix it? What are the steps so I know they're doing it right?
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:40 AM
CQR

It depends on how they took it apart. The input shaft on the gearbox is splined. they will need to remove the pinch bolt, pull off the coupler, and reinstall. They should start by making sure the tires are pointing straight ahead. then they can set the wheel to the tires.
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

They won't have to disassemble my steering wheel, will they? Inside the car?
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
They won't have to disassemble my steering wheel, will they? Inside the car?
To be brief

Nope
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Cutlass Lover

Good!! Thank you Jamesbo, lol. It looked to me when I got down on the floor in front of her in the garage, that the front tires are like leaning to the left some, but steering wheel is to the right, from the inside? Know what I mean? Hard to explain.
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:07 AM

Call Don and tell him sum one in his shop Flubbed the Dubb.

He should know exactly how to correct it. Maybe sumone got in a hurry to get it back to their favorite customer.
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Cutlass Lover

I found this old thread, which is pretty interesting. I sure hope they don't have to go through all this. Just cause I wanted the box painted.....

93-97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Steering Box swap w/ Pics ( 1 2)

Here's a response from Blue - sounds pretty simple to me, but what do I know, lol??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDchanic
You shouldn't have to align it - you haven't disturbed the caster, camber, or toe, and if you put the pitman arm back the way it was, the steering wheel should line right up, too.

Not a wheel alignment, a steering wheel alignment.
In a perfect world the steering wheel would stay perfectly lined up.
I've never done one and had the wheel stay aligned at 12 o'clock, maybe I have no luck.
With the wheels pointing straight you loosen the tie rod adjusting sleeves and evenly turn them whatever direction is needed to align the wheel and when it's straight tighten them back up. It doesn't change anything but the steering wheel position, turn the adjusting sleeves unevenly and you will mess up the toe.
When you do a wheel alignment you clamp the steering wheel in the straight position and bring the front end alignment back to it.
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:29 AM

X2 what Jamesbo said nothing worse then a flubbed dubb
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Lol!!!! I know, but I want to make sure they know how to fix it. She ain't a Chebelle.... she's an OLDS! I don't want my tires wearing out and crap like that.

Scot..... Do you have a magic book somewhere for Oldsmobiles that tells exactly how they should fix this and get everything straight again?????
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Lol!!!! I know, but I want to make sure they know how to fix it. She ain't a Chebelle.... she's an OLDS! I don't want my tires wearing out and crap like that.

Scot..... Do you have a magic book somewhere for Oldsmobiles that tells exactly how they should fix this and get everything straight again?????
Sandy, go out side and smoke a cigarette.

You've got your OCD in overdrive dis mawn'in. It werks exactly de same on a Chebelle.

If ya can find Blue, he can fix it blind folded.
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo.... you know how I get, lol! When something ain't right w/Teepo, I don't have "rest in my a$$" until it's fixed and fixed right!!! How could they screw it up, just taking it off to paint it? Cause and effect..... I don't want to take it back over there and have them make the steering wheel straight, and my tires still be off, or some crap. I don't think they work on many Olds'.... not many people do anymore.

I have faith that Scot or Blue will 'steer' me in the right direction, lol! Until then, sorry, but ya gotta listen to me whine.......
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:31 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Mawnin All

Sandy Clint told you right. It's an easy fix. Just call Don an splain to him that Teepo ain't no Chebelle and you want the steering wheel situated @ 12 o'clock whilst driving straight down the road
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

It should have been that way to begin with, but evidently whoever worked on her couldn't grasp that concept or something! They must not understand that everything is supposed to line up. I've only had her front end lined up one time, and that was when I got the new tires on her a few years back. They look cocked inwards to me now.....
Old April 19th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

Ok Jamesbo..... You'll be happy to know I just talked to Don Sitts and he told me to bring the car back over and he will see that she is fixed! I asked if I should call the Service Dept., and he said no, he was going to go right out and tell them that I would be bringing her back in and I would be waiting on her and they will get her right in!! He did not sound pleased with them, lol. He said they will put her on the machine and make sure everything is good!! So I guess I'll be using a vacation day next week to go get that done. Shoulda been done correctly in the first place......

I have to take a 1/2 day off on Tuesday and take her to Highland Rd. Auto Body so Bob can have his Sherwin Williams rep there with their computerized camera and he's gonna see if he can match her paint. I showed him those 14 paint sticks I have already, where they tried, but he seems to think he can do something the other place couldn't or somethin. I'm taking the rims over to him tomorrow at lunch time and dropping them off so he can start cleaning them up for paint. Steve won't be happy with me taking time off, but oh well!!! This is Teepo we're talking about.
Old April 19th, 2012, 11:49 AM

Sandy,

I wouldn't know Don from Adam's House Cat but he sounds like de kinda guy who would make things right.

Good fer ya.
Old April 19th, 2012, 11:51 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Well I got the car towed to Hamby Chubby Dealership and they are gonna honor the recall and change the ignition switch and harness. Yay! Now I pray that IS the problem. I guess it could be the BCM, but I wouldn't think so since it died while going down the road Definitely a safety hazard whatever it is.

Glad to hear Don will take care of the issue Sandy, he sounds like a good guy. I would take him all of your business if it were me. It's hard to find decent people in the business this day and the way the economy is now. Good luck with matching the paint as well.
Old April 19th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Cutlass Lover

Yeah, Don is a great guy. He sponsors so many of the shows and cruise in's around here. He has a great reputation for being a decent, fair guy. I'm sure he doesn't want anyone saying anything bad about their workmanship!! I've been pleased with everything they've ever done to Teepo up to this point. I knew he'd make it right with me, it's just the PITA of having to take her back and miss work and all that aggravating crap, ya know??

Glad to hear your daughter's car will be fixed Scot! I too hope that is the problem and nothing else shows up!! Nicole came by at lunch time and surprised me! I noticed the Intrigue has scratches on the back bumper..... asked her what she hit and she said nothing, she hasn't been driving. So maybe someone scraped her. I don't know. My poor little Oldsmobile.....
Old April 19th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy doody! Another night when my neighbor's son brought over his dog and distracts my dogs. Fun. Now they have to be in the house all night without being out and I have a feeling he does this on purpose. Why I couldn't tell you, except maybe that he's a *****.

So! Day two is upon me. Last night wasn't so bad, except I had to stay till the end. Who ever heard of staying at work the whole required time? Well I got to bed around 11 this morning and the dogs let me sleep until 5. How nice!

Sandy Don should know by now how you are with Teepo. I'm sure it doesn't phase him in the least, and I know he will get things right. I wouldn't want to be in the poor dude's shoes who messed up.

Scot I'm glad the Cavalier will be fixed, and I hope that fixes it. I worked at a couple Chevy places for awhile and that was one car that had really very few problems.

Okay off to work. Everyone have a great night.

Mike
Old April 20th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All! Happy Friday!!!!!!

Sunny and in the high 50's here now, we're heading to get close to 80 today!!!! Of course storms later and into tomorrow with temps dropping to 49 for the high tomorrow!!! I wish it would just stay warm already. Hate to say it, but we need some rain, lol. My flower beds are really dry......

Quiet in here. Brian is off today so it's nice, lol. Steve does have his friggin heater going.... Man can't possibly be cold!!! It's on every day. It got up to 82 in here the other day and I looked at Brian and told him that's just ridiculous, and I went out and flipped on the AC!!! It's 76 now and climbing.....

I gave Teepo a nice sponge bath last night and a coat of wax. She liked it!! Still have to do the trunk yet. Also gotta clean out the inside and clean the windows and polish the bumpers. Will get that done this weekend.

I have the rims in Tincanio so I can run them over to Bob in Macedonia at lunch time.

Well you all have a good day, once you wake up, lol!
Old April 20th, 2012, 06:47 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice damp mawn'in down ere.

Sandy, I'm gald ya got things go'in in de right direction.

I'll get back when I have sume time to update.

Crazy world we live in ain't it.
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:10 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon Mawnin Peoples

Well the courtesy from da Chubby place never happened as promised yesterday eve nor this morning so I called them to see what's gwan on. Well it seems they are waiting on the harness and it won't be in until Monday morning So much for customer service and common courtesy Man I sure wish I'd had bought the Alero I looked at instead of the Cavalier now but everyone knows hindsight is 20/20. I know I know the Alero and the Cavalier are pretty much the same car but Oldsmobile put a bit more "pride" in their cars. Yeah the Cavalier is a great first car, but having to deal with people that act like they don't need your business makes me want to sell it and try another make of car. I do know this, if it ain't reliable I don't need it. I guess we shall see Monday evening hopefully

Well enough venting

Jamesbo this is a crazy world we are living in.

Well I guess I better get off here for now, so we'll check yall later
Old April 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone. I think I'm posting to the Good Evening thread lately.

Friday! I got out really early this morning, so I hope that doesn't cancel an early out for my Friday. Well, I have the whole weekend plus so it doesn't matter.

I've been feeling neglected and negative lately. Poor me. I need a vacation. But where to go? I think I'll stay home and play with the dogs. When I leave their "vacation" is going to dog jail. Wish I could take them with me some time.

Well everyone have a great evening and weekend.

Mike
Old April 20th, 2012, 06:23 PM

Good Evening All.

Well, the stretch of nice weather here is over. Rain today, tomorrow and more next week. They are even predicting some of the solid rain on Monday. Guess the Delta will be staying parked for a while.

I heard today I am now working until the end of June!

Nothing exciting planned for the weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:40 AM

Good morning all

Everyone must be out doing yard work or off to do car stuff today for me to be the first one to post. Going cruising today and work on the 48 tomorrow. No more out of town work in the foreseeable future. Have a great weekend all.
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:40 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon All!

I bet your glad of the no mo out o town werk Pat

Congrats on your job extension Paul

Beautimus day here in the heartland, yard sales everywhere as usual when the Mossy Creek Festival is here I guess I am stuck with yard werk

Well yall have a great day
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey everyone! Looks like I been missing out on a great social thread here. Today is looking really good here - bit windy but sunny and clear. No 'yard werk' for me yet. The snow has finally gone but the ground is still wet and frozen in most places.

Got to the shed yesterday to find some car stuff and also took out the 'one pull' start lawmower and weed wacker. Tried them to see if they still run and unfortunately they do.

Was going to BBQ today, but the wife told me otherwise. Guess it would help to ask before I start taking out stuff to make....and here I thought she'd appreciate not having to cook. Oh well.

Wish I could take the Cutlass out for a spin, but it still needs some front end finishing and alignment. Have a great day everyone!
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:22 AM

Afernoon all

Beautifful day

Unfotunately tragedy hit my wife's family and today we had to bury her sister's oldest son [24]

With rue my heat is laden
For golden friends I have had
For many a rose lipt maiden
and many a light foot lad

By brooks to broad for leaping
the light foot boys are laid:
The rose lipt girls are sleeping
in fields where roses fade
-Housman