The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2013, 09:28 AM

Mawn'in all

Unseasonably warm

Sorry ken, I get my A's an G's confused sum times

Anyone ever spent an hour talk'in to a machine while upgrad'in cable only to find out from a live person de gotta disconnect your ole cable box from Timbuktu before de new one will werk?

Der luck de whole thing ain't out in de street.

Wish it weren't too early to have a cocktail
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:52 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I did go out and start Teepo this afternoon! She liked it, lol. Started right up as usual. Let her run for 35 minutes. Turned on the heat and AC, backed her out of the garage a little ways then pulled her back in. She was all happy.
Allans right . I would let her sit the winter , because starting the car and letting it run in park at high idle is bad for the engine .

Originally Posted by 442much
Well thanks for all the B-day wishes.
Happy B-day . I hope you didn't pass me up .

Originally Posted by Allan R
Bryan - ummm, nope not going there.
He He ....
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:30 AM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Unseasonably warm

Wish it weren't too early to have a cocktail
What do you mean it's too early for a cocktail??

It's warm here too, in the 50's again today. Enjoying the nice weather, hope to get some time later to get the car out for a ride.

Happy Sunday everyone.
Old January 13th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
What do you mean it's too early for a cocktail??
Gotta side with Darrell on this one Jamesbo - remember what Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet sang "It's five o'clock somewhere" - bottoms up!

Now to keep er between the 'navigational beacons' is another story...
Old January 13th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Another warm day here, though very cloudy and a few light sprinkles. It was 66 degrees!! I ain't complainin....... Cooling off now though, it's in the 50's and will continue to drop. Rain has started in some places already. So that means ice for the morning drive. Gonna be in the 20's tonight.

I went up to Jean's today and her and I went to the cemetery and took the Christmas decorations off the graves. Then we went and had brunch. It was nice, just the two of us for a change. I enjoyed it. I visited for awhile and came home 5 ish. Larry isn't talking again, so I figured why sit around here all day?

Nice to hear from you, Ken. Glad to know you're still around.

Adrian.... thanks so much for the package! So nice of you guys!!

Back to work tomorrow already. The weekends go way too fast. Tuesday is payday finally, so that will be nice. I'm not looking forward to seeing how much my check went down, though.

Have a good evening all.
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Always room for one more

Evening all.

What a nice day here. Over 70 again, and sunny. Tonight it is clear and still upper 60s, which will diminish to rain for the next three days

Time for work. It's nice being off five days, but now I have to go back for four. Although I'm still in 12 hour mode so when I get off at 7 every morning it's like an early out.

Hope everyone has a good evening and a good start to the week.
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:10 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

A bit brisk this morning. My phone says its right around 0`F But we are supposed to get warmer and maybe into the 50's by the end of the week. They postponed the Hare Scramble for yesterday because of the weather, so next Sunday should be much closer to race weather.

Ken, lets get together for a beer when you are in town.

Got My 4 wheeler together and running yesterday. It sounds good, but now I have a lot of fuel mapping to do. I found out that my exhaust header was titanium. Yea, was. I tried to weld in the O2 bung and ended up shattering the pipe. So now I made my old header fit the aftermarket exhaust and get it all welded up. http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...k/IMAG0977.jpg
The camshaft lobes are quite a difference from stock.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...k/IMAG0973.jpg I hope it gives me the bottom end I'm looking for.
Its kind of neat to be able to see how far off the factory fuel map is.

Mike which one was your first car?

Mine was a 70 Torino GT. Loved that car, and what an ugly pos it was.

Have a great Monday all.
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Hi Clint! Where is everyone?? It's cloudy and dark here, temps at 32 degrees. No ice this morning - we didn't get as much rain as they were saying, around here. I don't know about other areas. Sun is supposed to shine later....

Not much going on in here. Another quiet Monday morning. Guess everyone is trying to wake up, lol. Hope we're busy today.

Scot..... I had to take this pic with my phone Friday night when we were in Wal Mart. These peaches were no bigger than a friggin walnut, lol, and look at the price they want for them!!!! Outrageous!

Have a good day all!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; January 14th, 2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:38 AM

Mawn'in all

Warm but de cow is christening de flat rock so whitey won't get smacked today.

Believe it or not, I've got writers block dis mawn'in.
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:28 AM

Happy Saturday all,

What a pleasant surprise this mawnin. It wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. Still have to leave the car plugged in to give it a fair chance though. I'll be going out later to buy a new cell for Graeme - his old one seems to eat batteries faster than Mike devours stacks at AH! I'm thinking of the Galaxy SII or SIII. IMO the iPhone is a little too price heavy for what it delivers, and both of us don't really like Blackberry even though it's a great phone. He's used to a touch screen and after looking up all the cool features of the Galaxy SIII I'm leaning more toward it than ever. Lately Graeme's old phone won't hold a charge longer than 10 hours and batteries don't last longer than a month.
I love my Galaxy SIII

but as with any "smart phone" it can use battery life.
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:36 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All

Cloudy today with no mention of Elsie and her flat rock. Looks like we may get some of the wet stuff tomorrow afternoon

Happy Belated Berfday Ken

Sandy those are some wee little peaches Probably grown in Guatemala or somewhere

Holy cow Clint I've never heard of a titanium header before, 'cept maybe on the Challenger space shuttle or something Wonder what that will bring at the recyclers?
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:19 AM

Morning all, little cooler yesterday, only a few degrees but it was noticeable that's for sure.

Your welcome Sandy, sorry to hear you didn't get more of that candy

Happy belated Bday Ken, hope it was a good one for you.

I'm hoping to get out and hit whitey soon Jamesbo as I put my hand up for a friendly comp at work thinking I probably shouldn't have done that but it will be a fun day I'm sure

First day back to work I will be the acting leading hand for 2 weeks as my boss has gone on holidays and he asked me to "step up" should be interesting

Time to get ready and start another week olds friends,

Adrian
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Monday mawnin all,

We're back to normal here. More snow.... oh yay! Gettin long in de tooth.

Clint - Now that Bible joke was really funny! I'm still smiling...although I think I prolly hit a home run and found one of the 'corners' HE was laughing about...

Jeff - When I went to the cell store and checked out the SIII, it was pretty amazing till I saw the price. Also found out it has the same problems with all the background apps it's running - uses up a lot of battery life. I know you can select them and turn them off, and the phone has some uber cool features but we're going to look at other options. Graeme isn't looking for or needs all the whistles and bells. So we might look at the Nokia Optimus. It also has a really good review for a more modest product but is windows 7 OS and is highly rated for durability and battery.

Adrian - Ha ha ha, now when someone says 'You're not the boss of me' you can tell em to stuff a sock in it because now you are ... for awhile anyway.

Jamesbo - at a loss for words? De links must be yer inspiration. Close yer eyes and imagine yer on de links and jess whacked whitey a good one. See? Yer righters block's all gone!

Mike - wakey wakey, time to git up!!

Sandy - yer kidding! You have manly looking hands there! Those peaches are pricey aren't they?

Well, looks like I gotta go unbury the car and shovel the walks before we head out to the market. Later.
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:36 AM

Welp, I got a call from de "Corn" Cobb County sheriff's dept dis mawn'in.[Sandy dat's over by de Big Chicken whar your friend werks]

De ax me if I had an Colt AR-15 stolen in 1998. Guess what? I went and picked it up at de sheriff's dept. I jes got home and before I got ere I sold de sucker.

De market fer des things has gone plum crazy.
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Allan I'm awake! Got home a little early this morning and had some domestic chores to do, but was in bed by 8:15. Decided that I was done sleeping(well, the dogs decided) around 2:30 so now I have a little time to myself to get something done.

Clint Car #1 is a 1970 Cutlass 4door sedan. I bought it in high school from some friends of the family. Drove the wheels off that car until I decided spending 20 on gas a week was just too much. Enter VW Bug. And from there.... Anyway the Olds is well on its way to returning to Earth's basic elements, but with me it will stay. One of these days.....

"Jerry I need you to get me another picture of Man Hands!"

Adrian I used to be acting lead quite a bit when I worked on the Ramp. When all the work was done I'd let everyone go home instead of sitting doing nothing until the shift ended.

Hey the sun is out! Nice day. 60s. Don't know what the rain situation is but it looks nice now.

Jamesbo I know several people that live in Cobb county. I asked one of them if they were a West Cobb Snob. He got all offended so I assumed the answer was yes.

Think I'll go do something productive.
Old January 14th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

C'mon up and help shovel dis white stuff! Bring de pups - they'd LOVE romping in it! Course they might get lost again cause it's deeper than they are tall....

Got beat at curling last night by a team of girls. I think our lead, second and third spent waaaay too much time admiring their (the girls) butts and couldn't get focused. We just never seem to catch a break in that league.

Got another batch of beef marinating in the downstairs fridge. Man we got so much supplies in 2 pantries, 2 fridges and a freezer I doubt we really need to go shopping for at least a month. You'd think the cold war was still on the way Joanne stockpiles food.
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Always room for one more

Allan the dogs love snow. A couple years ago Atlanta got a crazy storm and we got I think 6 or 7 inches of snow. The dogs ran through it like they were nutty. Likely they had never seen snow. I on the other hand, have seen snow and I've seen enough.

We had a weird two minute downpour about an hour ago. I hope that's it for the rain tonight.

A friend of mine texted me that he wants to sell his Corvair for 4K. I think that's about 3K too much. I have a feeling this is to appease his wife, and the high price is designed to attract little interest.

Okay off to work. On the way I'm mailing an application to replace my license. The FAA, in their infinite wisdom, has decided everyone must have a plastic laminated license and we must pay them $2 to get it. If we don't have it by the end of March we can't practice our craft. Why this is funny to me is that up until this new measure, if we laminated our paper certificate it was no good.
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by slantflat
The FAA, in their infinite wisdom, has decided everyone must have a plastic laminated license and we must pay them $2 to get it. If we don't have it by the end of March we can't practice our craft. Why this is funny to me is that up until this new measure, if we laminated our paper certificate it was no good.
Sounds like nothing more than a money grab.
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:43 PM
GM Enthusiast

Good evening everyone. Hope you all had a great day. Finally took down the Christmas tree today, even though the 9 and 6 year olds protested against it. I asked them how long I should leave it up and they said, "all year" . Should have known, right?

Jamesbro - Hope you got over your writers block. See you shouldn't wait until the end of the day to start drinking!

Sandy - Those peaches are ridiculously small...except for the price. Did they take them off a dwarf bush?

Allan - How much white stuff did you get? I'm guessing the Olds is tucked away nice and warm?
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Darrell, we only got around 3" today in most areas but some get more than others. Wed we're supposed to get another 3-5". And you would be 100% right, the Silver Surfer has been safely tucked away under his new custom car cover from Big Sky since Nov 7. I can't wait for this dang weather to break so it's warm enough to work on it again. Really want to try out that new 3.42 gear set and posi. But it won't run worth crap till I put in the new fuel tank, lines and rear bumper.
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:08 AM

Mawn'in all

Still have de cow on de flat rock down ere.

Mike, De funniest thing 'bout Corn Cobb County to me is de city of Smyrna has completely disappear. Folks what gots a Smyrna zip code still say de live in Vinings. I guess it mo socially acceptable to live in Vinings dan lowly ole Smyrna.

Den of course dares good ole Kennesaw. Whar de have de anti Marta bumper stickers dat say "Come to Cobb and Rob"

If ya ever take a filed trip up thar ya gotta stop in dis crazy place. It's right downtown across from the locomotive museum.

http://www.wildmans-civilwar-surplus.com

Dis guy walks 'round bare foot in his store wearing a pair of 45 acps on his hips.

Tis a strange strange world we live in.

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:34 AM

Good morning all,
Mac and I just got back from our mornin walk. Just beat the rain. Gorgeous here the past several days but I think the party is over. Man I'm tired of scraping undercoating. That stuff is relentless. Got some in my eyes sat and I've been paying for it ever since.
Jamesbo I don't think I'd want to cross that Wildman up.

Clint my first car was a 61 Valiant. Bought it for 125.oo. What an ugly POS. woulda made your Torino look like a Vette. This thing didn't have any floors so I cut a couple pieces of plywood to fit. Had to quit driving it when the seat fell through......
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy here and temps at 27 degrees. Supposed to get up into the 30's and have sun later.

Well I got my first paycheck for the year, and I lost $30.81. Doesn't sound like a whole lot, but that bought one of my prescriptions. It just sucks!!!!! I didn't dig out my last pay stub to see exactly what went up - I heard it's Social Security and payroll taxes. I'll do that tonight so I'll know. Not that it makes a difference I guess. Gone is gone, doesn't matter.

I'm gonna go to the hairdresser after work - this might be the year I let the gray just come on in, lol. I'm not gonna be able to afford to get my hair colored anymore. It was funny..... when Nicole had her hair colored a couple weeks ago, Katy found 2 gray hairs!! Nicole was shocked, lol. I told her that's what happened to me. I was around 20 when I started finding them and yanking them out. By the time I was 26, my part line was being colored, lol. Katy keeps telling me I'm still too young to let my hair go gray. I don't know.... we'll see. That's about the only thing I do for myself anymore.

Darryl..... nice to hear from you. Yeah those tiny little peaches were as hard as walnuts too, lol. I wouldn't give .99 cents for them, let alone what they are asking! I sure miss fresh fruit this time of year. Blackberries, blueberries, they're all so expensive right now.

Mike... sounds like someone other than the gubment is getting a little extra money.....

Well you all have a good day.
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:25 AM
CQR

Morning all.
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Captain Starfire

Whelpt, looks like one more in a long line of dreary, wet days at the Plantation and The Big Easy (worse on the Plantation). I doesn't seem as if it will ever end.... Supposedly we'll see sun Friday, but I'll believe it when I see it. Temps down to 40s at night and 50s in day.

Quite a surprise, Jamesbo! Hope you got what it's worth. I'm completely out of the loop on gun values. I've always wanted an "automatic" pistol (not really automatic, but not a revolver). But I doubt I'll ever get one.

Looks like the Dirty Birds will really have their hands full on Sunday! I'm going to go out on a limb and say they get their avian ***** handed to them, but they're full of surprises; so we'll see. Hard to see those SF guys losing. I think I'll actually be pulling for the birds for the first time in my life. Kill da' Niners!

The stage CBS is setting up for THE BOWL is pretty incredible, I must say. They're commandeering all of Jackson Square for almost a month.....They had 18-wheeler trailers with fork lifts unloading the components on Decatur St. yesterday. Hope there's not too much collateral damage, but the stage will be facing the river, and have St. Louis Cathedral as the backdrop. It will be appropriately SUPER....

They will be broadcasting all their pre-game shows (and probably a lot of network telecasts) from Jackson Square, starting a week before the game.

I must say, I'm getting a little excited; this will be quite an event.

They're still finishing some of the streets and cleanups in the city that they've been doing for months now; but everyone promises that it'll all be done on time.... but after the World's Fair in '84, everybody's holding his breath... But I think it will be done.

C'mon, Mike, quit baiting me like that....
Originally Posted by slantflat
"Jerry I need you to get me another picture of Man Hands!"
Morning, Clint

Y'all have a dry day....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 15th, 2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:49 AM

John, My friend you sound like the press. Let's get the nomenclature straight. "Semi Automatic" is what you meant.
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Captain Starfire

I know what I meant, my friend Prof. Jamesbo... ... that's why I put it in quotes.... they are popularly called automatics. I know it's not a hand-held machine gun. Thing is, a revolver is a semi-automatic, too... I was making an (apparrently feeble) attempt to distinguish them from each other.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
John, My friend you sound like the press. Let's get the nomenclature straight. "Semi Automatic" is what you meant.
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:30 AM

Wheeeeeeeew, Glad we got dat straight
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Captain Starfire

I was so paranoid when I lived in Mid City N.O. that if I was sitting on my couch in the living room, my .357 was about 5" from my hand. At night, it was by my side.

BTW, ca. '87 or '88, when I was a young, eligible bachelor living in his Mid City bachelor pad, I was awakened one night around 2 a.m. by about 4 rapid-fire gunshots piercing the air in my alley, directly outside my bedroom window....

It was the ex-hubby of the drunken lady next door who was coming to terrorize her, as she was playing house with some other loser.

I can honestly, say, it was one of the 2 or 3 most fearful moments of my life (another that pops to mind was our Ponchatoula house getting struck by lightening during a thunderstorm while we were watching TV one night).

That jackass flew into his cab (he was a cab-driver, nonetheless!) and tore down the street as fast as his drunken keester would propel him.

Needless to say, I called the cops.

But thank God, I never had to use the ol' S&W.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 15th, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old January 15th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin All,

Quite a pleasant surprise last night and this morning. Went out and cleared the snow - the temp was a pleasant 35° and there was very list mist coming down. Made the snow heavy, but it was also compacted and didn't look as intimidating.

This morning was even nicer. Right now it's 45° and the wind has picked up. Gusts around 25-35mph for most of the day. Needless to say it's melting snow like crazy. The downspouts are flowing and the streets are a real mess. Gas stations will be selling lots of wiper fluid today. Apparently we're way warmer than AZ, TX, NM for the first time in a long time... The trend is supposed to continue till at least Thursday. We got lucky having all this wonderful weather in January. I might have to put on the coveralls and do some work on the car!

Clint - wow, you sure talk up a storm don't ya?

Jamesbo/John - NFL? Whassat? Yeah I know. lots of guys up here are big into the bowl, but its just not on my radar. Y'all enjoy!

Sampson - I know exactly how you feel about undercoat. Wear eye protection and a dust mask. I seem to remember John giving me this advice recently.....

TTYL - de supermodel just got up (um, she says she's a *night person* but all that means is it's hard to plan daytime activities around the Sleeping Beauty). I think she wants to go out and get the car all dirty...
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Captain Starfire

We will....

Allan,

I'm not the biggest football fan ever lived, but I do love the Saints. Also, part of the reason I'm a little hyped about the 'Bowl is that this is #10 for N.O., but it's been 10 years since our last one. (First one since Katrina.) The city has had withdrawal symptoms!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that nobody throws a party (or a huge event like the 'Bowl) like N.O. I've been here for all of them, including the ones in the old "Sugar Bowl" (Tulane Stadium) and they are truly spectacular events.... regardless of who plays in them. They're unlike any other event in the world; domestically, you'd have to compare it to the Indy 500 or the Kentucky Derby.

The atmosphere is really starting to heat up down here.... the NFL has arrived and they have basically TAKEN CONTROL of downtown... for better or worse.

Mawnin All,
Jamesbo/John - NFL? Whassat? Yeah I know. lots of guys up here are big into the bowl, but its just not on my radar. Y'all enjoy!
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well Clint.... that was short and sweet, lol!

It got up to 33 here so far. I had to go to Twinsburg at noon, so I couldn't take my walk. The sun is shining nicely. We are to be in the 20's next week, and a whopping 15 degrees for the high on Tuesday, I think. Gonna be a cold friggin week.

We got a nice 4 page attachment included in the envelope with our paychecks today explaining the 2013 tax changes.... didn't do a damned thing to make me feel better, lol. Also got our W-2's. I would think for making the amount of money I made, I'd have something to show for it? Didn't take any vacations.... don't have the money for Teepo's seat covers..... have very little in savings... didn't make any big or little purchases.... I'm stumped! Oh wait...... I do buy gas and food, and pay for health insurance! Guess that's where it went, lol.
Old January 15th, 2013, 12:40 PM

John, I think we've talked 'bout me freez'in my a$$ in Tulane stadium in Super Bowl 9 [I think] Sttlers vs. Vikings.

I wish I had a pic of 8 Steeler fans [beer gut, hard hat and all] walking down Bourbon street arm in arm with their individual t-shirt spelling S-T-E-E-L-E-R S Sorry I don't have a clue what de did when one of them passed out.

Yep, I'd agree N.O. is de best place for de party. Hint, jes stay away from de hotel elevators in de hotel dat holds de press corps. Had ta wait an hour to get outa one once.
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Everything was wet and crappy today but the sun was out. Turned out to be a nice afternoon. Now it's raining. And I thought the weather in Chicago changed quickly.

Went for a walk this afternoon. I was almost home and a big old truck went past and it smelled like a demolition derby in the 70s. Fuel mixed with oil in dirt. Man do I wish I could go to an old-fashioned crash em up derby.

Sandy the FAA is part of the government. Affectionately known as "The Feds" and oddly enough I made my check out to The US Treasury. And I agree, I think someone figured out how to save his job by getting a few extra dollars into the treasury.

Sampson it takes a special person to drive a Road Toad. The 60-62 Valiants were built in Australia and they sold like hotcakes. They still have a loyal following.

And again it's time for work. Tonight I won't make the mistake of walking through the paint hangar and breathing in a few pounds of chromium VI.

Hope everyone has a great night. Hump day awaits.
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening everyone!
It was fantastic here today - warm warm warm. Just like having Spring in January. I LOVE it!

Mike - the sad part of the demo derby's is they used a lot of the big Olds cruisers and wagons for those bashes. Sad loss of an otherwise fabulous car. BTW you best be careful and be wearing your respirator if you're being exposed to hexavalent chromium. That stuff is toxic as hell and can cause some serious bronchial effects that you don't want to have. Be careful ok? I know when it's used commercially it is carefully controlled. How the hell did you get into an area that should have been secured when that stuff was being used?

Just also a note to let you know that Tony (Tony72CutlassS) is alive and well. Got an email from him and he says he's been working overseas for the past 2 months. He's found some new parts for his car that he hopes to get working on when he gets back. Sounds like he's been overworked.....or maybe just partying too hard.... I'm sure he'll let us know when he gets back.
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:03 PM
GM Enthusiast

Wasn't that warm here today but still nice enough to go for a ride. Got the car out today and blew the dust off of it.

Hope everyone had a great day.
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:51 AM

Mawn'in all

Warm and MAYBE de cow is leav'in

GTG down de Alpharetta Autobahn an get my annual physical dis mawn'in. Ugh

Here comes my annual lecture 'bout does and don'ts. My doc actually gave me a book titled " How to live to be 100."

I mean really WTH wants to live dat long.

Enjoy de day Olds friends,
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:32 AM
CQR

Mornin all!

Jamesbo, good luck. My father gave me a book called 'The Baby Boomers Guide to Living Forever'. It was written by his Doctor that gives him Chelation therapy. Seems to have done wonders for him, and my neighbor, but I'm not ready for that yet.

Darrell, How is it you new englanders are soakin up all the global warming? I had a customer call me yesterday asking if we thawed water lines

Allan, You sure know a lot about some nasty products. We're you involved with Chemical warfare in your professional days?

Been fighting with Century link almost all day yesterday. Still can't get them to give me the features they owe me. Seems every time I fax or e-mail their paperwork that they sent me that shows what the plan included, that person disappears and I can never get a hold of them. I'm gonna send them a note this week stating that since they have breeched the contract that I have no other choice than to mitigate my damages and find another carrier that will fill my needs. Then I'll wait for them to sue me. Beware the Green Sphincter.

Well, gonna get into the 50's today. That will be a nice change.

Morning John, Mike, Sandy.

Have a great Humpday all
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Always room for one more

Morning everyone.

I'm mad at myself. I don't like rain but we've had enough that it doesn't phase me when I'm out in it. Everything is a muddy mess. I guess it's better than snow. Ten times better than snow.

Allan where our office is we have to walk through the paint hangar and the other day the ventilation system wasn't working so the primer they were spraying was just hanging in the air. Now, all the painters had their PPE on and they had signs up saying don't come in, but I'm wondering how they thought we'd get to work. Our department is sort of the bastard child of maintenance. We get moved around every few years and there is no real place for us to work. We used to work out of the old Eastern hangar but some nimrod said oh, we don't need that. Uh huh. Anyway when I'm walking through the hangar and they're painting I hold my breath. For a few feet.

Clint are your customers asking if you'd come to the house and thaw the lines in the house? Often I'll ask my mechanic if he'd come mow my lawn.

It's raining pretty good now, hope it makes it a good day for sleeping. The dogs don't like to go out in the rain so maybe they'll leave me alone.

Have a good day everyone we'll catch up later. Friday tonight.
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy and dark here, temps in the high 20's right now. Supposed to get up to 38 later on with sun. Next week is lookin like a single digit week. burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Not much going on here. Nicole went with me to the hair place last night, then we ate at Subway. Didn't get home until going on 9:00. I got gas in Macedonia for only $3.08/gal. last night!!! I was happy. It's still $3.29 here in Twinsburg. So now Tincanio has a full tank.

Nicole is going to one of her cosplay conventions this weekend in Columbus. She's leaving Thursday afternoon. So she's going to the shop to work after class today since she won't be here on Friday. I hope she doesn't run into any bad weather.

I got a call from that guy at the apartment collection agency on Sunday afternoon, looking for Nicole. So I called him Monday pretending to be her. He said they've only received one $100.00 payment about a month and a half ago. I told him that Charlie said he's paying on it. I gave him Charlie's phone number, lol, so they can talk direct. Maybe that will get ole Charlie paying on it! He's in Fort Rucker Alabama now until May or so.

Jamesbo..... hope you're healthy!!

Clint.... good luck with Century......

Mike.... hope you get some good snoozing done.

Well guess I better do something, so I'll chat later! Have a good hump day!!