The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM
"Car"mudgeon

As Macon, GA turns...

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/2...st-Macon-Diner

Or should I say "As the Waffle House Turns"
Old December 9th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It was cloudy, some drizzle, dank and chilly here today. Temps made it to 40.

I went outside and put red bows on all the little pine trees we have in the front yard. They look all Christmasy now, lol. Got the decorations put on the inside Christmas tree this morning. Nicole helped some before she left. Got the Christmas cards ready to mail, and made 2 batches of sugar cookies. I was too lazy to roll them out and cut them, so they're just gonna be round ones this year. They taste just the same, lol.

That was about the extent of my day. I got my hair washed and dried in between, somewhere. I also got the Olds calendars in big envelopes so I'm ready to mail some of them. Teepo is in March this year! She looks soooo pretty with those pink blossoms behind her. I took that pic in the spring.

Haven't gotten an email from Bellacinos yet, so I don't know for sure if they're still planning the get together tomorrow night or not? I hope I hear tomorrow. They had said Dec. 10th at one of the last cruise ins, but who knows. That seems like so long ago, already.

Jamesbo... hope you can golf tomorrow. The weather people said last night that we will probably have snow when we wake up on Tuesday. I havent seen any weather yet today to know if they changed it or not.

Well gotta get stuff ready for work tomorrow, so you all have a good evening.
Old December 10th, 2012, 04:36 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice dis mawn'in. Gonna try to get in 9 befo de thunderboomer hit.

Allan, Are ya sing'in "We're having a heat wave..........."

Scot, Looks like ya needs to take your "heater" everwhere ya go des days.

Mike, OK 1 mo time. Go to de Coffee Cup when ya visit your mom in Pensacola an eat sum Nassau grits an/or go to deFish House and eats sum Grits a ya ya. or if ya don't like grits ............go to the Naval Air museum. De got a Corsair down there dat looks like it jes came outa de box.

Have a GREAT Week Olds Friends
Old December 10th, 2012, 04:37 AM
CQR

Well, thats what happened to my long post.

Wasn't CO's fault. I had my daily BSOD. Damn I need a new puter.

Have a great Monday everyone. bout 10F right now and spose to get breezy today. Stay warm.
Old December 10th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

All ready to go and am gonna walk out the door, well, be pulled out the door by crazy dogs, in a few minutes.

Jamesbo I'll go to the Coffee Cup when I'm there, and I'd love to take in the Naval Air Museum. I'm guessing it's at the airport?

Gonna be cold up in the Motor City. Highs of 30s and lows of 20s. A stark contrast to the 70 it was here yesterday.

Everyone have a great day, the Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise I'll be back tomorrow evening.
Old December 10th, 2012, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
My current Maytag washer is 20+ years old, My dryer was 25 years old when I replaced it. My parents had Maytags that lasted as long. Whirlpool now owns Maytag, so I'm not as sure of the quality, I always thought Whirlpool made a decent product, but my brothers wife just replaced a 7 year old washer.
My 6 year old Kennmore dryer Heating Element Failed. as I searched the part numbers online I found it to be a Maytag part number. The wife and I opted to use this time to replace the Electric Dryer with a Gas Dryer (that we shoulda bought instead of the electric)
Old December 10th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's raining here, temps to drop all day from the 50's to the 20's tonight. Burrrr..... Mike.... take a warm jacket and gloves with ya! Wish ya could swing on down our way - only a 3 hr. drive from Detroit, lol.

I hope you get your golf game in, Jamesbo!!

Clint... hope that isn't an inclination to how the rest of your day is gonna go, lol! I hate it when that happens.....

I sent an email over to Brad at Bellacino's asking about tonight, so I'll see if he gets back to me...

Steve is back today. Heater is blasting. Don't know how he can be cold..... It's quiet in here otherwise.

I stopped by the post office this morning and mailed my Christmas cards and payments to Ahuja and Akron General. I'm down to owing Ahuja $821 now, so they'll be paid off next August. Akron Gen. I still owe $1031 for that MRI on my jaw. They won't be paid off until Nov. next year. It is what it is..... and I is broke, lol!

Well you all have a good Monday!
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, Olds hombres y muchacha

Muggy and warm in the swamp this morning; the same rain and cold are on their way to the Deep South... they're givin' it 100% chance today, and the Big Chill spose to hit The Big Easy overnight, awaking to temp's in the 30s manana. Talk of 20s on Wed.... Brrrrrrrr!

Anybody remember Hamilton dryers? My parents got one when I was knee-high to a grasshopper, and an aunt bought one one around the same time (very early 60s). Those things were impossible to destroy

The frames would rust out after 30 or 40 years and they would eventually crumble; but the stinkin' things wouldn't quit dryin'. I believe they were the original clothes dryers.

Ours had an ultraviolet light that came on during the cycle; and you could look up at it thru the window. I wonder how many adults have burned retinas now from staring at those pretty red and blue lights when they were kids.... !! ??

They prolly went out of business due to no repeat customers..... they all died before the dryers did

Y'all have a great week, Olds buddies.
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:27 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I still owe $1031 for that MRI on my jaw.
I hope it's not the same problem I had .... I think my problem was related to TMJ or something like that . I had a clicking in my jaw everytime I tried to open or close my mouth , and my jaw got so soar that I could barely open my mouth to eat anything or chew . The problem magically went away completely without going to the doctor , but it took months and months for that to happen . I was really suffering for a while .
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:36 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by crzyjef
My 6 year old Kennmore dryer Heating Element Failed. as I searched the part numbers online I found it to be a Maytag part number.
Did you ever try and repair that problem ? If it's the same thing I'm thinking of . There was some kind of thermostat or something that was fairly easy to repair , and then my moms dryer worked for a number of years after that before we had to replace it again . I think the problem was the dryer would not heat up the air inside the dryer leaving the clothes still wet when the cycle was over .

Originally Posted by Bee Oh Pee
They prolly went out of business due to no repeat customers..... they all died before the dryers did
LOL
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:06 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All

Gonna be a nice day here until we get round 1 this evening. Looks like John is enjoying round 2 right now Hopefully it won't get too warm here and contribute to the storm's intensity.

Allan if you had a blimp along about Wednesday or Thursday you could make it down here by dinner time if you hit the jetstream jest right

Jamesbo I hope cha got in 9 because it looks kinda rainy up your way You are unfortunately right about the "heat" But as far as Flag City goes, (that's Macon, GA for the non-Georgians) it is as bad as west of Northside Drive in Hot 'Lanta in places.

Well I hope everyone has a decent Monday
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hey Bryan.... yep, I have TMJ in the right jaw. I woke up last New Years day and couldn't open my mouth. ( I know... every man's dream, right? Lol! ) It hurt like a bit*h!!!! Sharp pain right up in to my brain it felt like. So I put off doing anything until May and finally went to my doc who sent me to an oral surgeon, who wanted an MRI. The disk on the right side of my jaw is stuck out forward. He said I could open my mouth one day and it wouldn't close again. Anything is possible. I ate soft non chewable foods for 6 weeks, went back to him, and no change. So he just advised I try not to chew too much (yeah, right) and just take it easy on the jaw. I have to chew on that side though, because if I try to chew on the left side, it just throws the whole jaw out of balance and it sends those shooting pains in to my brain! He said I could have surgery, but I elected not to at this time. I don't want to have to wear one of those things that go over the head to hold ice and heat on the jaw afterwards. I had to meet my $1500 deductible on my insurance with the MRI so I was responsible for the whole $1700 bill, they didn't cover a lot of it. My jaws popped ever since I can remember. My dentist didn't seem to think anything of it. I've always been a gum chewer too, which isn't good. Now my jaw doesn't even pop anymore, it makes a grinding sound and it's painful as hell when I chew the wrong way.

I got an answer to my email from Bellacinos. The get together has been rescheduled to next Wed., the 19th.
Old December 10th, 2012, 09:18 AM
CQR

Yup Sandy, Looks to be that way. Mike and Allan, Do you know how heavy your Saturn motor is? I'll tell you, Its too heavy for the first knuckle on my right index finger to prop up with a jackstand under it. Damn that hurts. I'm glad I was close enough to the 'up' button on the lift to get myself unstuck. Thats gonna leave a mark.
Old December 10th, 2012, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by oldsguybry
Did you ever try and repair that problem ? If it's the same thing I'm thinking of . There was some kind of thermostat or something that was fairly easy to repair , and then my moms dryer worked for a number of years after that before we had to replace it again . I think the problem was the dryer would not heat up the air inside the dryer leaving the clothes still wet when the cycle was over .

LOL

Yes.. actually I did repair it and sold it..
the buyer of the dryer paid me for the part $50 + purchase price and small fee to fix it..
they have indicated it is working great..
it was the Heating Element.. I could have fixed it and keeped it for us to use but we wanted to go back to a Gas dryer as we didn't like the efficiency (or lack there of) of the Electric Dryer.
Old December 10th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Captain Starfire

Me too

Bry, I guess it depends on a lot of things (including severity and cause), but in my case, I had constant popping whenever I'd eat about 7-8 yrs ago, and a lot of soreness. My dentist made me a custom dental splint to wear at night. It simply snaps over my lower teeth. I could really use a new one now, 'cause it doesn't fit as well as when it was new. But the problem is GONE... absolutely cured it.

I must admit, I'm pretty faithful to it. I've prolly missed maybe 2-3 nights of wearing it in that period of time.

I think I grind my teeth at night.

If you don't have insurance or are short on cash, you can get a cheap-o universal fit one at the drug store (or even Wally World) and try it.

HTH....

Originally Posted by oldsguybry
I hope it's not the same problem I had .... I think my problem was related to TMJ or something like that . I had a clicking in my jaw everytime I tried to open or close my mouth , and my jaw got so soar that I could barely open my mouth to eat anything or chew . The problem magically went away completely without going to the doctor , but it took months and months for that to happen . I was really suffering for a while .

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 10th, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old December 10th, 2012, 10:34 AM

Welp, Got in 17 1/2 befo de bottom dropped out. Left a brand New Titelist in the middle of the 18th fairway an raced to de cart barn.Still got drenched.

Mike, Nope de Naval Air Museum isn't at de airport [north of downtown], It's at the Navy Base.[sorta southwest of downtown]
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:09 AM
CQR

Good Morning all.

Jamesbo, did you go back and pick up your *****?

Well, a customer wants to sell me their Buick. They don't want to put intake gaskets on it. It looks to be worth a penny or 2, but the market is pretty soft right now. I'll offer them a grand and see how bad they want to sell.

Ordered a coupla calendars last night. I found a long lost friend on FB the other day. I have been terribly worried about her because of the guy she was with the last I had seen her(1990ish). She is doing great and has a great family. They (Her and her Husband) are putting together a 442. How strange is that? So I picked up a calender for them as well.

Happy Tuesday all.
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:10 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Tuesday Mawnin All

Cloudy and mild this mawning, supposed to rain again this evening.

Well Jamesbo at least you got in more than just 9 before the 19th

Yall have a great day Olds friends
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:29 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite chili dis mawn'in.

Naw, I didn't go back an pick up my *****. I left them thar fer de mowers to find when/if de sun comes out.

I may try to run up to Buford dis mawn'in and look at the drop top and see how must rust/Bondo de ole girl has.

Clint, I always like Granny Sports but I guess dat's blasphemous.

John, I won't tell you how much I have paid my periodontist to make me 'Bite Guards' that I've tried fer a while an then toss out.

Hey, Did you watch de Dirty Birds Sunday. De looked like poop on a white rabbit.

Have a great day OLDS friends
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A little snow this morning, temps in the 30's. It looked like the sun was trying to come out when I came in to work. We're supposed to be sunny the rest of the week, but cold.

Clint.... hope your finger is feeling better!

I have to go to the dentist tonight for my 6 mo. appt. Maybe I'll ask him about one of those mouth guard things to wear at night. He never suggested it though....

Another quiet day. God I was sooooo bored yesterday by 9am! It was a long day. Didn't do anything last night. Brought some boxes down from the garage to put presents in to wrap. Watched some TV, that's about it. Nicole went to the movies with friends. She's thinking about going to Alabama to visit her friend Scott, who came here to see her back in March. That ought to go over like a lead balloon with Larry. I told her I'm not getting in the middle of it..... just what I need - more stress!

I have to take an Olds calendar over to my friend Bob at Highland Rd. Auto Body pretty soon. I should do that at lunch time. I need to go to Macedonia anyhow, one of these days, and get some things for Christmas while no one is with me.

Well you all have a great day!
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Captain Starfire

Top o' the mornin' to all....

Nip in the air, as was predicted; nice and low humidity, w/ brisk N. wind to ruffle all those hair-do's. It was 40 even at the Plantation, but 30s are expected tomorrow. Only one kitty (Fat Fred) wanted out this morning, I guess 'cause he has the most insulation.

James, if da' Birds looked like poop on a rabbit, da' Saints looked like the poop repository... man, dey stunk up da' joint.... We made our Home Boy Eli Manning look like the Superbowl quarterback he is.

Sad thing is, for us to just have a break-even season, we gotta' beat dem Panthers ourselves .... Fat chance. And add to dat, we gotta' beat the Jerry Jones gang in dare own back yard. Sheesh (as Mike would say). If we even DO get Sean Peyton back next season (he's not currently under any contract to the Saints), he sure has his work cut out for him. Wouldn't that be funny if da' Cowtoys put a whoopin' on da' Saints, and den ol' Jerry hired Sean right from under us? Don't know if da' city could take dat.... But Sean lives in the Dallas area and has a cordial (we're told) relationship w/ Jerry.

Now they're talkin' about extending some of the Saints Bountygate punishments into next season. Will it ever end....?

Well, y'all have a warm day, Oldsmobuddies .

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 11th, 2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:30 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by CQR
Well, a customer wants to sell me their Buick. They don't want to put intake gaskets on it. It looks to be worth a penny or 2, but the market is pretty soft right now. I'll offer them a grand and see how bad they want to sell.
What year is it ? I love the Buick I got for a $1000 .... even though it's a money pit so far . It looks like the PO never fixed or kept up on the maintenance on the car . I would still make a profit if I decided to sell it right now though .
Old December 12th, 2012, 05:05 AM
CQR

Morning, all.

Bry, Its an '03 Century. I haven't heard back from them yet.

Well, I dropped a battery on my foot yesterday, so. I'm 2 for 2. Not sure whats gonna happen today, but I'm afraid to go tinkle.
Old December 12th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Captain Starfire

Happity Humpity Day, all

Frost on the pumpkin this morning.... although hay isn't in my barn....
'Twas 39 at the plantation, nice & dry, although still cloudy, which kept the temps up dis mornin'. It's spose to clear out today and we'll have temps in the hi-20s Thursday morning on the North Shore.

Clint, sorry to hear of that tootsie... man, that must hurt... Of all things, I dropped a full bottle of soy sauce on my bare toenail a couple years ago and MAN! The pain of it all.... got the ol' black toe, and limped around for a week or so. So I feel at least some of your pain... Be careful tinkling today!

Whelpt, ol' Tagliabue rescinded the player bans last night... Vilma was vindicated.... Whoop-Tee-Doo . At least the players won't have to carry that albatross into next season.

Y'all have a great Wed-Nes-Day, folks.
Old December 12th, 2012, 05:34 AM

Mawn'in all

Let me try dis post A-gain

Rain has gone but it's in de 30's dis mawn'in

Went to look a Cutlass drop top fer LI yesterday [guess he must be 51?]

Mike, What happens when ya put jet fuel in your car? I saw on de news [along with normal killings] Dat sumone in NJ forked up an delivered jet fuel to gas stations.

Gotta go to de city and pick up my pick up dat my step son borrowed and 1/2 returned. Kids Geeze. He's werk'in as a nurse in a major hospital an called me de utter day to ax me how to check de oil in his car. Guess de don't teach kids dat kinda s stuff in college.

Welp, Y'all have a great day and please pray fer me not to go postal.
Old December 12th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

SUN IS SHINING!!!! What a wonderful thing. No gray today. Temps in the 20's so it's frosty out there. Supposed to get into the 40's.

Jamesbo.... don't go postal!!! Breathe..... Breathe....

Clint.... sorry to hear that. Hope your foot is ok.

John.... I didn't think it gets that cold in LA? I thought you all were warm year round, guess I was wrong, lol. How's the kitten working out at it's new home? I looked on One Of A Kind's Pet Rescue website yesterday, where we took Emmett, and I didn't see his picture, so I'm hoping he got a forever home. Nicole could sure use him right about now.....

I'm gonna go to Macedonia at lunch time and get Nicole a Famous Hair gift card and drop an Olds calendar off to Bob at the body shop. I should be able to make it in an hour, lol. I'll have a can of soup when I get back here, for lunch.

It was sooooooo slow in here yesterday. Larry said he was pretty dead too. It's getting to the point of scary. Wouldn't be surprised to see hours getting cut again like back in 2009. I sure hope not though. I can't afford it right now.

Larry was going to get Elyse (grand child) another savings bond for her birthday on Saturday. That's what he usually gets her. He said his bank is not selling them anymore! I really don't think anyone wants to invest in them anymore. Maybe 40 years ago or so they were a good idea. I turned in the one someone got for Nicole when she was born, and after 20 years it was only worth $13, which isn't much. No one wants to invest in the government anymore.....

Well you all have a good day and stay warm!!
Old December 12th, 2012, 06:43 AM

Good morning all

It's been raining for at least 40 days and 40 nights here. I am going through withdrawal not being able to drive the 57.

Jamsbo, I required all three of my boy's to learn basic car maintenance before they were allowed to own a car and it still did not work with the oldest. Him and three friends drove his rabbit to Disneyland in CA after graduation and on the way back just outside of Stockton CA the car just stopped running. When he called me to ask what to do I asked him what happened before it stopped running. His answer was, It was weird every time I went around a corner the oil light would come on, this went on for several miles, the the temp light went on too, then the car started slowing down and just quit. My answer was son you just ran your car out of Oil. The rest of the story is too long to tell, but it ended with me going down and bringing the car home and installing a new engine.
Old December 12th, 2012, 06:43 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by CQR
Well, I dropped a battery on my foot yesterday, so. I'm 2 for 2. Not sure whats gonna happen today, but I'm afraid to go tinkle.
Ouch ! I hope it was just a AA battery
Old December 12th, 2012, 06:52 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by citcapp
It's been raining for at least 40 days and 40 nights here. I am going through withdrawal not being able to drive the 57.

Jamsbo, I required all three of my boy's to learn basic car maintenance before they were allowed to own a car and it still did not work with the oldest. Him and three friends drove his rabbit to Disneyland in CA after graduation and on the way back just outside of Stockton CA the car just stopped running. When he called me to ask what to do I asked him what happened before it stopped running. His answer was, It was weird every time I went around a corner the oil light would come on, this went on for several miles, the the temp light went on too, then the car started slowing down and just quit. My answer was son you just ran your car out of Oil. The rest of the story is too long to tell, but it ended with me going down and bringing the car home and installing a new engine.
He ran a Rabbit out of oil ? Well at least with the bigger motors like we have , it takes longer to run the motor out of oil . My dad taught me all that stuff too , and it's a good thing I listened to the basics at least , because I had this car back when , that you would have to put a qt. of oil in like every week IIRC .

edit .... or was that transmission fluid ? The tranny was easy though . When the car wouldn't move anymore , it needed tranny fluid .

Last edited by oldsguybry; December 12th, 2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old December 12th, 2012, 07:37 AM

Thanks Pat fer de advice. Now all ya gotta do is teach me how to teach his mama how to listen.
Old December 12th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Captain Starfire

Whelpt...

Jamesbo, that's the price you pay for marrying a supermodel .

Sandy, it gets a mite chilly (not to coin a phrase) in our neck of the woods; especially on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain. Nothing like true Yankee weather (or Canadian ) weather, of course ... When I picked up the better half from the airport Monday, she said she hadn't seen the sun since last week; it was cloudy & overcast in Peoria the entire time she was there. I know she hated that as a kid, and doesn't like that now. But the big chill had set in my Monday morning in central IL, and she was glad to be returning.

I think Yota is doing great; I haven't heard a lot in the last week or two, but the channels we used (Daria's good work friend) gave me confidence she would have a good home. Miss the little urchin, but our three keep us more than busy. We have one with bulimia (I'm 75% serious!). Fat Fred gorges himelf and then goes and rups it all up at least 4-5 times/week. I guess we could take some sort of drastic action, but we just learned to step lively when getting up in the mornings. As long as they all know where the litter box is, we can't complain too much....

Boy, some guy up in PA had a '72 GS 455 on fleaBay this week that made me weak. It was extremely similar to the one I had, and restored nicely.

But I guess I want perfection, and I ain't gonna' find the "perfect" GS. It was one of my least fave colors, Antique Gold. But at least it has the black interior instead of brown, which (sorry to offend any brown-lovers) I also dislike.

It was built on the same assembly line as mine (Fremont), and was also a special order car, like mine. It lacks the gauge package and the N25 "thru the bumper" exhaust that mine had. And it also has the 3.08 open rear end mine had, at least before I added the posi. And it came with the factory body-side moulding, but it appears that was ditched during the resto. Also, since it was originally sold in San Diego, it has EGR and CA emissions, which I'm not wild over, although that wouldn't be a deal-breaker.

And, the guy's asking about $30k for it, which I doubt he'll get -- even though I know there's at least that much in the resto.

I really miss that car, mostly b/c I had it for so long (almost 30 years) and knew it so well. But it's just as well. I need to be downsizing, rather than upsizing.... Still have a practically complete set of '72 Buick literature.

Adios, amigos....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 12th, 2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old December 12th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

What I great time in Michigan I had. The weather was cold but clear. Didn't run into any sort of problems, short of missing the first flight I wanted and being delayed on the second flight, due to a huge downpour just as we were pushing back.

The Ypsilanti Heritage museum was spectacular. I'm not a Hudson guy but every car in there was gorgeous. The building itself was from the 30s, replete with a one car showroom and brick walls with 50 coats of paint on them. The place is considered the last remaining Hudson place, and it has all its records and paperwork dating back to day 1. The place also had a Tucker mockup that they used to scream around in for the movie, a "body in white" Nash, lots of transmissions, pretty much anything that pertains to the Willow Run factory. No B24s, though.

The Chrysler museum was beautiful. Though, not a place that I'd return to any time soon(their closing notwithstanding). All the cars were perfect with long, boring storyboards next to them. Several hemi cars, a 57 Fury, an engine from a Sherman tank which is a 30 cylinder. Cool stuff. Nothing really reached out and grabbed me. I'm glad I went, and it's a shame they are closing. Didn't have any trouble getting home.

Clint was the battery from the Saturn that tried taking out your finger? Hope you're done with all that for awhile.

Jamesbo I used to put jet fuel in my Mercedes diesel. That guy ran like a champ! It is too thick to run in a gasoline engine, so the first little bit that is mixed with gas will make the engine run poorly, then eventually it will stop all together.

John that Buick sounds like a honey. The exhaust through the bumper is awesome. I've got a car I've owned for 25 years. It's in terrible shape but I'm not selling.

Seems like it's getting lighter out. I woke up around 1 this afternoon, and it was cloudy. Still cold though, maybe 50? I'll go out and rearrange the cars and put the cover back on my neighbor's boat, again.

Oh one thing I saw in Detroit. As we were driving in the shuttle to the rental car place, the driver told us the president was in town taking credit for some business adding a few jobs, and that the main roads would be blocked until he left. I didn't think any more about it until I was on I94 West and looked up and saw Air Force 1 climbing out. Graceful. Then it disappeared into a cloud.

Okay almost time to start the routine for work.
Old December 12th, 2012, 12:28 PM

Morning oldsmobuddies, cloudy with a chance of rain today, will be a nice change.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Clint, hope you don't make it a third

You almost got a full game in Jamesbo, I haven't been able to go out in a couple months now

Hope it clears up for you soon Pat so you can take out the 57 before the snow comes

Here's hoping for a quicker finish to the week Sandy. Nothing worse then a slow week at work.

I just finished an extra night shift so I will be having a shower then crawling into bed for a couple hours I think.

Have a good evening all,

Adrian
Old December 13th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

I'm never first, lol.... where are ya?? It's cold and frosty here again. Temp at 25 degrees. But the sun is out!!!!

Not much going on. Nicole and I got the sugar cookies iced last night, so now I can start dividing everything up to give away, and have some room on my little counter again. I'll be glad when it's all over with.

I should go up tonight and take Lin shopping. Will have to see how she feels when I talk to her at noon. She still didn't sound good yesterday when I talked to her. Coughin her head off.

Scot.... Let me ax ya sumthin... since you are smart about heating and such ...

I have a little 3 drawer plastic cabinet from Wal Mart in here, under one of the cafeteria tables I work on, probably 2-1/2 ft. tall. It's about a foot from the wall of the office, in front of the cold air return vent that is on the wall.

Brian took it upon himself when I was off on my b'day in Oct., to move my cabinet out from under my table - he thought there isn't enough air getting into the cold air return vent, and by moving my little cabinet, it would help air circulation. So I've been tripping over my little cabinet where he moved it to the other side of my other table since Oct. Soooo... this morning, I put it back. Mind you, it is all open under these tables. The cabinet is a foot away from the cold air vent. There is nothing blocking the vent, nothing right up against it.

I'm not a furnace person by any means, but I really don't think my little cabinet being under the table is blocking any air flow?? What do you think?? I told him when he moved it that I would give it a month. Having the cabinet out for the past month and a half hasn't made a bit of difference in the temperature in this room. As long as no one plays with the thermostat out there, it's the same in here. I tripped over the damned cabinet 3 times yesterday, so this morning I put it back. I want someone's take on this, who is familiar with how this cold air return crap works so I can tell him when he says something to me. I was doing it when he came in, and he hasn't said a word so far. He will bit*h to Clay when I'm not in here I'm sure. That's how he rolls, lol. Seems to me as long as the vent isn't blocked off by things being right up against it, it should work whenever the furnace is on..... He's sooooooooooooooo ****!

Well on that happy note, you all have a good day wherever you are!
Old December 13th, 2012, 05:56 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili down ere too

Sandy, I been out by de road gett'in up a dead Coyote. Looks to me like sumone decide to run off de road to kill de varmit. I hate de suckers.

Old December 13th, 2012, 06:09 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Mawnin All

The cow has departed after an extended stay ALL day yesterday We even had a bit of sleet or hail last night for about 5 mins. Now it's a little brisk outside and will get up to around 60ish by this evening.

Sandy as long as it is not right up against the return and blocking any airflow, it is fine. Airflow is pretty much like everything else and is going to take the path of least resistance. You can have too much "supply" air and it cause uneven airflow in over-sized ducts, but you can never have too much "return" air. I hope that helps

Jamesbo when I was werkin on the farm in Henderson, I kept my 30-30 in the closed cab Case tractor just fer poppin dem coyotes.
Old December 13th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Cutlass Lover

Glad to see you're around Jamesbo! Thanks Scot. I didn't think that having my cabinet sitting a foot away from the front of the cold air return vent (where it's been sitting since I started here 4 years ago) was making a darned bit of difference in the temperature. He said that he thought not enough air is getting into the cold air return, when he moved my little cabinet. Gee.... the cold air return vent in Steve's office is behind the door.... maybe Steve should shut the door so air gets into the vent!
Old December 13th, 2012, 06:18 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

I made it thru the day yesterday without further injury. I guess I choked on a Viagra pill yesterday, because I had a heckuva stiff neck.I think I have a cold of somesort.

I'm a proud owner of that little buick.
Attachment 173158

Have a great Thursday all.
Old December 13th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', podna's

Nothing new & exciting to report; chilly, but not quite as frigid as they predicted, as usual. It was 31 on the patio; kitties opted to stay in, as we figgered.

One more Buick is always a good thing, Clint! Looks like a nice addition.

Mike, great to get away to the Big Mitt (is it a just coincidence they named the ex-Presidential candidate that?). Shame they're closin' down those historic buildings. So often we show very little regard for our history. I guess it all comes down to the almighty dollar. And speaking of the almighty dollar -->

I have extremely fond memories of driving up to N. Mich every year (~1300 miles from here) until about 5 years ago, when my Mom-in-law sold the property 'cause nobody but me & better half would pay the exorbitant taxes . We went up over 15 yrs w/out missing, and the better half was born the year my parents-in-law bought the property. She cried when it was sold. But we weren't willing to keep it up by ourselves, and yet have the entire clan share its benefits. We're just selfish like that...

Jamesbo, hope the coyote assassin didn't mess his car up too bad....

Have a great, warm day, all....
Old December 13th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone, for one more minute.

My neighbor wanted to go to breakfast when I got home this morning. Anyone else I would have said fat chance, but any excuse to get this guy out of the house I'll take. He's a big pain in the neck and his wife is fed up with his antics, so she ignores him sometimes. I think if he'd make an effort he'd start feeling better and wouldn't be so old and crankity all the time.

John the Hudson place isn't closing, just the Chrysler place. It's been there since 99. They lost money two years in a row and they didn't want it to be three. Of course I could transfer to Detroit and move in there, and take a different car to work every day. Rumble seat roadster one day, Hemi Cuda the next day....

Clint what are your plans for the Buick? Nice little car. Needs a little bit of color.

Jamesbo was the dead coyote in your yard? Maybe John's neighbors were up your way and the coyote was just in the wrong place.

Sandy maybe you should put Brian behind the door.

Okay I'm wacked. Off to bed and I'll try to sleep a little later this afternoon. The pressure is off. Monday is over. Two more and I'm off 11.