The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2012, 11:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by slantflat
Your picture didn't come through. I'm thinking light blue sport coat and yellow tie, with plaid pants.

Well the impromtu rain has cleared out and the sun is back out. Think I'll change the oil filter in the Saturn.
Really? It shows up fine on my screen. Nope, it's a cartoon of an undertaker (top hat n suit) sittin at his desk waiting for customers.

BTW when you change the filter on your 'high Saturn'? You know how nasty awkward the location is especially for drips onto the transaxle. Take an old 1 qt plastic oil container and cut it one of the large flat sides out so it leaves a 'boat' with the funnel still attached. Then jam it in just above the transaxle before you loosen the fliter. All the oil from the filter and housing will go straight down into the boat/tray and drain out to your waiting catch basin. Works like a charm!! Wish I'd a thunk of it about 12 years ago though.
Old August 21st, 2012, 11:48 AM

Hahahahaha

But, I'm not a funeral director, I own a cemetery. I prefer to see myself as more of a "Wart Wimble kinda guy" [a la Tumbleweed cartoon ]

"You plug 'em, we'll plant 'em"

"With Wart at the spade, you've got it made; rest assured, you're well interred."

http://www.tumbleweeds.com/claudewart.html

Old August 21st, 2012, 12:01 PM
CQR

Nice looking piece of fiberglass Mike. Hope you can get it together and out of your life. I had a Z28 like that. just didn't work out well for me.

Allan, I'm assuming she fell off her perch. Yes, Turkeys like to perch when they sleep. Also, the tom was kinda rough on her, I wouldn't have blamed her if she were to leave and find a battered hen home, but she stuck with him.

Made me feel pretty sick gettin the deed done. Glad the kid was at work.

Yellowbook is an advertising agency. They used a recording as an approval for a year long yellow pages and online contract for the shop. I could probably fight it, but I could spend more doing that than the contract lays out. You don't want to hear me sing. It's prolly more fun listening to the tom gobble.
Old August 21st, 2012, 12:15 PM
Captain Starfire

Still muggy, but dry for a change...

Whelp, it was sposta get a little cooler, and that's about all it did; but at least it's not raining today; I took the day off 'cuz I have a dentist app't this afternoon and I had 2 monster truckloads of gravel (36 tons total) delivered. It's like an act of congress to get the $$ from the skinflint neighbors that share the road; but I guess the onus goes on the one who hates puddles and mud the worst, not to mention who has to travel the longest on the road.... and both would be me.

But anyhoots, James, I'm w/you on that "no problem" crap. We need to start some sort of smart-alec retort to that, like, "Thank God it wasn't." But it would prolly just draw a look like you were from another planet.

Crazy thing... I find myself thanking cashiers and bank tellers.... I had it so drilled in my poor brain when I was a kid that now that I'm on the other side of the Winn Dixie check-out counter, I still say it...

But in all fairness, I do see some parents really training their yunguns good with the "sir" and "ma'am" thing. It's a breath of fresh air, IMHO.

Mike, sorry to hear of the Vette woes. I remember when those came out, although I never really lusted after that generation until the '80s came out with the built-in rear spoiler. I remember visiting Banner Chevrolet in N.O. at the time back then when about 6 new '80s were coming off the transport; and they were all different colors. I pretty much lost my complete train of thought .... I really wanted one. I only waited 24 years to get one....

Clint, hope things get better; maybe you can "salvage" the carcass, if you catch my drift?

Y'all have a great Tuesday. Maybe I'll snap a pic of the new gravel and post it... man, that's getting pretty scary to be posting pictures of gravel....
Old August 21st, 2012, 03:17 PM

Good morning all, beautiful day out. Thanks for the well wishes.

Good to hear lots of you guys and girl are getting out to all the car shows. There are not many around here that I know of but that's ok I still have a very cool car The guys at work want me to bring the olds in one day so they can see it but Tink doesn't want me to so I will have to work on her to change her mind Maybe buying her the car she wants with the insurance money will do the trick hehehe

Sorry to hear about your corvette dream Mike, sadly your not the only one in this world who that happens too. We don't have MOPAR cars over here that I know of unless you want to ship one back If you do end up getting an aussie car I can help you try and find any parts you need but it is just best to buy a complete working car

Looks like you had a wonderful cruise to that show Sandy. It is just the best feeling being able to cruise without any worries isn't it

I went out a few weeks ago for a round Jamesbo and I hit one of my best scores with the new clubs I bought and I didn't even have a driver

Back window is all fixed in the olds too so no more water in the trunk.

Over here a trunk is something you put old blankets in or the like at the end of your bed. The hood is called the bonnet ,the trunk is the boot and fenders are guards but bumpers are bumpers and wheels are wheels hehehe have I confused you yet?

Well time for me to do something today, have a good night ya'll,

Adrian
Old August 21st, 2012, 05:52 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Adrian I didn't realize the Chryslers over there weren't referred to as MOPARs. What I want is a VH Charger. Or a VJ/VK wagon. Oh ya.

John and Clint, the Vette just goes to show that often something isn't always as it seems. But I can say been there done that.

Didn't get to the Saturn today. I thought I had enough oil but I only had a quart and a half, and I didn't want to go back out. So I put in the half and that will get me by until next week.

The Soup **** was on Seinfeld tonight. My favorite episode. I also saw a hilarious thing on youtube with Hitler calling George Costanza and getting his answering machine. Made me want to sing about springtime.

So that's it for my weekend. Didn't get to do anything to the smashed F85, or the yellow truck. Just what did I do? I was busy the whole time. Oh well.
Old August 21st, 2012, 07:44 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

Went to a cruise night tonite and arrived just as it started to rain. I was hoping it was going to pass just north of here, but I guess I not.

Mike, maybe you'd get more done if you did less?

Adrian, good to hear you have the Olds finished and can drive it without the swimming pool in the trunk. And like Mike, there are a few Australian cars I'd like to have as well. A Holden Ute SS or the HSV version would be nice

Clint sorry to hear about the hen.

Sandy, after tonite, I now have 2 cars that have been driven in the rain and need to be washed
Old August 21st, 2012, 09:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all.
Had to get the grass cut before it got dark. Tomorrow is trash day. Whilst I was out I got a chance to talk to my neighbor across the street. When they go away they ask me to look after their place. Anyway, long story short he invited me to go to the Phillipines with them next year. Not sure if I want to because I've heard it's really hot and muggy. He says that's true most of the time, unless you go in the 'cold season'. So I'm thinking about it.

Supposed to rain like heck here tonight and all day tomorrow. The thunder is just starting to make itself heard. Prolly gonna be an evening of boomers. Should be nice and soggy in the mawnin when I go out for my walk.

Jamesbo - Clams got legs! Anyone else remember this?

Also: Wiley's dictionary

Mike - are you nuts? You can't run even a Saturn with only 1 1/2 qts of oil!! Or did you just top up the existing with 1/2 qt? Really, try that boat thing I told you about. It will save a huge amount of time not having to clean the CV boot.

Clint - Fer darn sure, DONT be fallin off de bed and break yer fool neck!

Well, dats it fer me tonight. Sleep tight and de good Lord Bless y'all.
Old August 21st, 2012, 09:22 PM
Always room for one more

Hahaha no Allan I left out a lot of the story. The car burns quite a bit of oil, and it was down a full quart, so I put in the half quart and that will last me the week until I can get more oil. In fact the reason I have the car in the first place is because my friend's wife drove that car and one day she drove into the garage and the engine was making a knocking noise. He said, what's that noise? She said, oh that's the car it's been doing that for a few days now. He pulled the dipstick and it didn't even register. So actually yes, you can run a Saturn on 1 1/2 quarts. Though I try not to do that. My friend told his wife, maybe we should think about getting you a new car. I love reminding him of all that.

Beautiful night. Seventy degrees and clear. I wish I could sleep outside. Have a good night everyone.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 01:59 AM

Guten Morgen aus Düsseldorf...

No more heat in town.. Last night we had a thunderstorm
and the air is fresh now.. down from 34°C to 21°C...

Here is a link to a nice Video from last weekend car-show..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl6xE...ature=youtu.be

And I be happy to won a price in a local newspaper
photo contest...
The winner pic !!

Nice day all

Udo
Old August 22nd, 2012, 02:57 AM
Kiwi Ciera Driver

Well it'll be reaching 50 degrees here tomorrow, spring is on the way.

But I'm not worried about spring a'comin' as the good wife sent me a text tonight "I need help now, car has stopped just outside town and is on fire"

'Crap' I thought and headed out imagining a pall of smoke hovering over her beloved Ciera - but the car wasn't actually on fire, all the smoke was from the grossly overheated motor!

The bottom hose had blown off about 6 miles before, all the coolant was gone and the motor was doing a Three Mile Island trick, the Ciera was out of action for a bit..dang!

Now where in NZ would I ever find an Olds 3-litre V6????
Old August 22nd, 2012, 04:04 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Wednesday Mawnin All

So Mike it sounds like the (High) Saturn changes it own oil Every try Marvel Mystery oil or Engine Restorer?

Congrats on the prize winning photo Udo

Jamesbo your score on #6 sounds like what Allan got at the gas station the other day

Well yall have a happy hump day
Old August 22nd, 2012, 05:10 AM
CQR

Happy humpday Mornin all.

John, She really was in pretty bad shape. Not sure the pluckin and processing would have been worth it. They are fairly old for eatin anyhow. (I think they are 4 or 5 years old)
Gavel, huh? reminds me. Did Sandy ever get hers in?

Adrian. Guards? lol. While you are takin orders, Let me know if you find a Falcon XC Cobra for a steal.

Allan, I don't have to worry about that. The wife makes me put on a funny coat with the sleeves sewed to the opposite sides and then straps me in as snug as a bug.

mmMmmm Jodie Foster

Mike a lot of the saturns and also a lot of Toyota's use oil real bad. they use a low tension ring set up and it seems that once it gets overheated, they start really drinking the stuff.

congratulations on the exposure Udo

Scumdog. Is this the old early 80's carbed 3.0? Man, did I hate workin on those. The brackets for the accessories were a bear, and they seemed like a harley, cuz you couldn't keep them from leaking?

Have a great day all.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 05:40 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A cool 56 degrees here but sunny! Gonna be a good night for Chick Fil A. It's a balmy 76 degrees in here. Fan is on!! Brian has been turning down the AC all week cause he gets cold.... Thankfully, Steve has not turned on his heater yet!! I'm sure that is coming in the next few weeks. Oh joy... oh joy!

Adrian! Nice of ya to pop in, lol!

Clint.... No gravel yet. Larry is supposed to be calling around, but has been real busy at work, which is a good thing. I gave him the info on the places I called.

Udo... Beautiful picture and congratulations!!! That's a great thing!

Allan R.... I remember those cartoons, lol. We used to have some funny ones, didn't we?

Where is Jamesbo this morning??

Ok car guru's...... tell me how to get the distributor out of my sister's 84 Delta?? Seems my nephew has put all sorts of stuff on it to loosen it up, has turned and pulled, turned and pulled, and the thing won't budge?? I think it has a 305 motor, I'm not sure. Whatever came in the car. What can he do to get it out???

Also.... What kind of stuff do you all use on your tires?? Whatever Bob put on at the bodyshop when he did my rims, got washed off in that torrential rain I ran through the other day. I have McGuire's 'Hot Shine' spray but I think it's kinda sticky, and I have some other McGuire's stuff you rub on, that I really don't like. And how do you cover your rims when you put it on, if you're spraying it??

Have a great day all!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; August 22nd, 2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 05:42 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter nice cool clear mawn'in down ere.

Allen, Yes I bermember B.C. De funnies down ere have gotten so small and so political, I don't read anything but Peanuts des days.

Clint, Besides an Amphicar, the only utter non Olds I still have a hanker'in fer is a Shelby GT 350. I don't see it in my future but I drove one when I was a pup an it was a BEAR. Maybe I should correct dat. I'd also like a Testarossa, like one of de last ones when Enzo was still walk'in de factory floors to bless each one.

Adrina, No drive, huh? Dat's my best club. If ya want I can send cha a 3 wood dat de batteries went out in. It's gather'in dust in my bag.

Clint, I'm hav'in a battle wit AT&T advertising right now. It's a PITA but I told dem to go eat fish heads and rice cause I wasn't pay'in dem. The sales agent said I could cancel my contract if it wasn't worth the money.[and it say so on the contract] the home office says, We don't cancel contracts.

Mike, I'm so sorry but I jes can't keep up wit your cars. Seems like every day anutter one shows up.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:46 AM

photo contest...
The winner pic !!
Congrats!
Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:51 AM

Also.... What kind of stuff do you all use on your tires??
I use Armor All, gives a nice clean look without the gloss. I clean with Westly's Bleach White first.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy everybody.

Boy did I sleep good this morning. Went to bed around 3, woke up at 8 to give the dogs breakfast(which they still haven't eaten), slept until 1. And it's beautiful out.

Jamesbo the Saturn has been around a long time. I got it in 07 after said episode with the non-existant oil. I think it also has a bad/going bad head gasket. So I'll drive it until it gives up.

Udo that's a very nice picture of the Cutlass. It could be a centerfold.

Scumdog that's too bad about the Ciera. If it's that overheated I guess you couldn't rebuild it.

Clint that Falcon looks like Eric Bana's from Love The Beast. Great movie. What is that parked next to the Falcon in the picture?

Sandy I don't use anything on my tires. I like the non-shiny look. I used to just get some cheep silicone spray and put that on there, gave it sort of a semi gloss look.

Well I guess I'll see what the afternoon holds for me.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:45 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Humpday y'all

Last night was cow & drums for the better part of 4 hours. Plenty o' light show too! After the first 20 or so boomers, I drifted off to sleep and could care less. Woke up this mawnin and it was a bit muggy.

Recto and I went for a walk down to Rona (about 4 miles). He needed a replacement air filter for his lawnmower and we both needed the exercise. Poor guy. He and his son don't have a clue about any kind of mechanical mtce on equipment. His mower still had the original filter from 13 years ago (plugged solid), original oil (don't even go there) and spark plug. Cleaned the plug, installed the filter and fired it up. He said "Wow, it runs like new now - it's not chugging anymore". I really had to laugh because when he first got it he couldn't start it. I went over, pumped the primer, engaged the safety and pulled the chord. Vrrooomm! He couldn't believe it. Anyway about 2 weeks later he comes over and says the lawn mower won't start again. I go over and try it - nothing. Then I noticed there's NO GAS in the primer bulb. Yup - tanks empty. So I walked back across the street and brought over my gas can and filled his tank. Pulled the chord...Vrroommm!! He says: "Doesn't it run the whole season on a tank of gas?". I love that guy. He makes me smile. Today I showed him where the oil drain on the bottom bung was. Him and his son had been trying to figure out how to drain the oil for the past 13 years but couldn't figure it out.

Clint - So what you're trying to say discreetly is you and your wife are into 'bondage"?

Udo - Congrats on the newpaper win. That video was nicely done too. Great cars at the show. Didn't see yours there??

Mike - Our 'low' Saturn doesn't use much oil at all. Leaks about a cup/month with dripping and very little actual consumption. It gets around 2000 miles before I need to top it up.

Sandy - my dear! I use Simonize tire spray. Clean the tires first. You can spray this stuff on even if the tires are a bit damp. It foams and sets into the rubber. Finishes like a light satin and dark rich black. Use a cleaner degreaser to clean those white letters first? The result will really pop. When all done - just wipe any residual off the wheel trim - it doesn't harm it. The thing I like about the Simonize is it lasts a long time. Even through a drenching rainstorm.

Now about the 84 Delta 88? It's a 307 Olds engine, not a 305 chebby. To get the distributor out? Undo the dist collar bolt and clamp (remove completely). The dist will turn side to side - that's how you set the timing. What you need to do is pull it straight up quite forcefully. The HEI dist sometimes binds if it's never been out. You may need to use a pry bar to apply upward pressure to pop it out of the hole. Just be careful not to break the lower casing. I'd also replace the O rings on the shaft before re-installing it. I pulled an HEI last year and it took a LOT of effort to get it out.

scumdog - is the motor toast? Sorry to hear bout that. I'm guessing the car doesn't have a temp gage? You'd think at least she would have seen the hot engine light? Hope you can get it running again without much hassles.

Jamesbo - ifn I members dis right my intradukshun to 'whack whitey' was called playing 'whack $hyte". Y'all prolly know the routine. WHACK!!! Shyte! cuss cuss cuss, repeat de process anudder 359 times or until ya gives up. Whuts a birdie? I hear dey shoot eagles and birdies in dat game. Downright unfriendly to wildlife ifn ya ax me. Also sounds like huntin. Dey gots boogy men? I hears some golfer say de shot a bogey - is dey good eatin? Best watch out fer da roogaroo if y'all puts whitey in de brush.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:12 PM

Allan, a "Birdie" is one under par, and "eagle is two under par. I seldom make a birdie, and have never shot an eagle. But I'm told de taste alot like chicken.

How to cook a coot

Take one coot. Pluck and clean the bird. Put a brick in the cavity. Season well with salt, pepper, and garlic. Place in a large casserole dish. Add 3 cups water to dish. Bake, covered, 12 hours. Add 1 bottle white wine. Return to oven for a further 12 hours. Add 4 chopped onions and one more bottle of white wine. Bake another 12 hours. Continue adding 1 bottle of white wine every 12 hours until the brick is soft. Then discard the coot and eat the brick.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Now that's funny right there
Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:25 PM
Just an Olds Guy

LOL! Par... I heard that onceertwice before. I think it was just after I tooted in de elevator. I looked around and said Par - don ay myoi! None of em believed me though cause id smelled like a dead bird or eagle... call it wutchu want.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 01:49 PM
Cutlass Lover

You're funny, Jamesbo!

Allan R.... I've never heard of Simonize.... where do you get it? Thanks for the dist. info.... my nephew has been prying on the thing for weeks and it ain't a budgin', lol. He's never seen anything quite like this.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Olds65
Guten Morgen aus Düsseldorf...

No more heat in town.. Last night we had a thunderstorm
and the air is fresh now.. down from 34°C to 21°C...

Here is a link to a nice Video from last weekend car-show..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl6xE...ature=youtu.be

photo contest...
The winner pic !!

Nice day all

Udo
Awesome video! Thanks for sharing! ~ Super Film! Vielen Dank für die gemeinsame Nutzung

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Ok car guru's...... tell me how to get the distributor out of my sister's 84 Delta?? Seems my nephew has put all sorts of stuff on it to loosen it up, has turned and pulled, turned and pulled, and the thing won't budge?? I think it has a 305 motor, I'm not sure. Whatever came in the car. What can he do to get it out???
Sandy, has he tried taking the cap and rotor off and putting a rag over the weights (to protect his hand) and turn the SHAFT counter clockwise. That should break the gears and the he'll be able to pull it out from there.

There are other things you can do but I'm afraid to give that advice as you can mess things up if you're not careful lol!
Old August 22nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sandy, it's a foaming tire product. Looks like this: I can get it at most of the auto parts stores here. You mean that it's not available in your area or you've just not looked for it?

Steve, I never heard of that trick before. How does it break the gear loose? On mine I didn't really care about the HEI because it was trash anyway. So I just put a block of wood under the HEI casing and applied pressure with a pry. Had to bounce it a few times and finally it popped up.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 05:31 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Had two car related fails today. First was the Corvette. Remember a while ago I stripped out the fuel filter bowl and couldn't get it to thread back in? I found some "glue" at the store that said it resisted gasoline. So I glued the bowl in, let it set over the prescribed 3-6 hours, and voila, the car started and didn't leak. But that wasn't good enough for me so I grabbed the line and wiggled it. The housing came undone and it started to leak.

The second was the mirrors on the yellow truck. I got the three screws loose on the passenger side door, only to find out they didn't go into nutplates, they went into a plate that was not attached to the inside of the door. So I needed to take off the door panel to get the job done. Not enough time. Also didn't get anywhere with the drivers door. Not even a screw knocker could get them out, although my air compressor only was putting out 40psi.

So, I decided to find out why the compressor was not functioning properly. It was in fact putting out full pressure, but the line that goes from the pump to the tank was loose, in fact it's just copper bent with no special ends, just B nuts that tighten around it with a glob of sealer. The sealer had deteriorated and most of the air was venting out and not going into the tank. Seems like a simple fix, for next week.

So that was my afternoon. Now it's time for work.

Allan my car also leaks around the valve cover. Enough to make a mess but not enough to mess with. It contributes to the oil consumption. So does putting my foot into it passing cars or taking off from a stop sign. I always give the pedal a little blip when I go through the gate at work if the gate people give me any flack.

Okay! Happy Wednesday night to everyone, check you all out tomorrow!
Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:39 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - I'm trying an experiment on my wife's (low) Saturn. I put it out in the driveway with my Sonata and hogged the whole garage for my Cutlass. Joanne SAYS she doesn't mind, but I'm curious to see if she means it. Prolly should put the 'leak pad' aka piece o plywood in de driveway under where her car parks..

Gotta drain and drop the fuel tank tomorrow. Good thing I've got some spare gas cans in the shed. Drat! I've got almost 3/4 of a tank in the Cutlass I need to drain...anyone need some free gas??? Also got to place an order for some parts from ILT. I find their quality to be very good and shipping cost +++reasonable out of all the US suppliers I've dealt with.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Steve, I never heard of that trick before. How does it break the gear loose? On mine I didn't really care about the HEI because it was trash anyway. So I just put a block of wood under the HEI casing and applied pressure with a pry. Had to bounce it a few times and finally it popped up.
Well you know when you stab a distributor it turns (thinking and rolling my eyes with an almost confused look on my face) clockwise? That's the gears sliding into each other. Sometimes, you can "use" the gears in the opposite manner to "push" the body of the distributor upward and free of the gears. It doesn't always work, but a combination of that and some fierce cursing and a pry or two at the base and usually they come out.

It's probably the o-ring that's hardened and won't 'squish' to slide out.

P.S. I used some incorrect wording up above, you're not trying to break the gears...you're trying to turn the shaft so the gears slide out of each other. This force can also help overcome the dried factory o-ring. Is that better?

Last edited by ah64pilot; August 22nd, 2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:22 AM
CQR

Mornin all.
Steve. That makes more sense. With your previous post, you were my new hero. A guy who cam break distributor gears with a rag and his hand

Allan, I'd be up for the bondage thing, but I think she just wants me to keep my hands to myself
Don't you have a Sonata and a Saturn to store that cutlass fuel in?

Jamesbo. I dealt with AT&T a few months back. They ended up returning my check because they said I couldn't modify the contract. I told them I didn't need a 13 page contract for them to do a little advertising with them and crossed out the stuff I didn't like.

Its really getting sad. Seems anything bigger than a mom and pop outfit has gotten to the point they are tripping over dollars to pick up pennies. Doesn't make sense to me

Mike dang that leak. My neighbor has a saying that fits here. 'If it don't stink, don't stir...'

have a Thursday all.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:25 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Mawnin All

Well today is round #1 of my dilemma. So wish me luck, I shouldn't need it but you never know. But like Apollo Creed said in Rocky "Ding, Ding"

Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:31 AM

Mawn'in all

Cool mawn'in and spose to be anutter nice one

Scot, Rotsa Ruch Go get 'em

Clint, De odd thing 'bout AT&T is they call me 'bout once a week try'in to sell me sum'en else. I don't beleive in be'in nasty to people jes do'in their job. But de truth of the matter is I wouldn't pi$$ on AT&T if they were on fire.

Mike, I ain't de brightest bulb in de box. It might be helpful if ya could make a program and give de cars numbers so I could keep track of whose on first. Obviously de Rolls would be #1 maybe de Vette # 2. Den I could bermember what cha're do'in to which.

I'm look'in [kinda sorta] at a Trail Brazer fer de Super Model. Anyone got any plus minus on dem. [Mike I know ya got one sum whar out dare. Get de weed whacker out and go look] ELEPHANT STEW

1 Elephant, Medium size,
2 rabbits (optional),
gravy.

Cut elephant into bite size pieces and cover with gravy.
Cook over kerosene fire for about 4 weeks at 465 degrees F.
This elephant serves 3,800 adults and 35 children.
If more are expected, two rabbits may be added.
Do this only if absolute necessary,

as most people do not like to find a hare in their stew

Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:43 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Scot, Rotsa Ruch Go get 'em
Thanks Jamesbo

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
so I could keep track of whose on first.
I thought what was on first

Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another nipply morning here, lol. Temps in the 50's but sunny and heading for the 80's later on.

It was a nice night at Chick Fil A last night. A few cars there I hadn't seen before, which is always nice. I took a few pics of them. Will get them downloaded. Tonight is Bellacino's night!! Gonna be gorgeous.

Thanks for the dist. info, guys. I'll pass it on to David and see if it helps him any. I know he's been prying like crazy to get that thing out and it's not movin at all.

Scot... what's your dilema? The post office thing? I hope all goes well for you!!

Jamesbo.... you're funny today!

God it's quiet and boring in here.... again. Gonna be a long day!

Have a good one, all!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:16 AM
CQR

Jamesbo, The trailblazer was the first auto that came out with more on board computers than the Apollo mission I have several customers who put a buttload of miles on them. They have the normal GM issues. Instrument clusters are common, fuel pumps every 80K, front axle seal leaks.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
Captain Starfire

No gravel shots yet

Mike and Clint, I still bear the ignominy of having owned a Vega hatchback when I was a young-un. When I bought it in late '74 it was a nice little 2-yr. old car w/ 26,000 miles; paid $1500. When I sold it in '76, it was a nice little 4-yr. old car w/ 52,000 miles that burned a quart of oil every 300 miles.

The thing drank STP for its morning snack. And no sense changing oil when you suck it down like that...

I then got big-car fever and found my '73 Delta Royale 455 on the used lot of Dixie Buick. It was a huge 4-dr sedan -- gorgeous, and they only wanted $2700 for it. And the guy gave me $900 trade-in for that Vega.

When I went back to Dixie after couple weeks to get the plate, there was the Vega, all polished up in their inventory.... I'd hate to hear the story of the unfortunate guy or gal who wound up with that POS.

Gotta love the Soup ****, Mike. It's based on a real-life guy and restaurant. Spike Feresten says the "real" **** figured out the connection right away and was pretty pi$$ed.... Elaine: "Next!!!" I'm watching Season 8 and caught "The Comeback" last nite, where George is determined to zing a guy that zinged him about scarfing shrimp at their meeting. It's hard to pick a favorite....

Sandy, have you ever used Westley's Bleche White, whether on blackwalls, whitewalls, RWLs, etc.? It's lo-tech and cheap and I've used it for over 20 years. I personally keep all my sidewalls au naturale; try it and see how you like it. Just be sure you spray it on a dry tire, then use a wet brush to scrub (it does require a little scrubbing; but it's worth it). Hose off and they look new. Don't have to worry about gettinng any silicone on the rims, paint, etc. If you overspray the Westley's, just hose it right off.

Today's birthday: Every boy's favorite genie in the 60s, Barbara Eden. Went to see her at the Blue Room in New Orleans around 1980.... talented lady, on top of her more obvious attributes. Happy 78th, Barb.

Can't wait to get dat cool weather y'all talkin' 'bout... it's spoze to hit 90 again to-day.

Y'all have a great Thursday, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 23rd, 2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:59 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Thursday everyone.

Not a bad night at work, but it drug out a little longer than it needed to. But the good news the pressure is off- Monday is over.

John you're right about picking a Seinfeld favorite. I think the Soup **** is my favorite, though. I called my one dog schmoopie when I was watching it and he ran away.

Scot good luck with Round 1. Maybe you'll get a TKO and no need for Round 2.

Jamesbo would it help if I started calling all my cars by their names instead of just the make or model? Lessee, besides the High Saturn, there's the Big Boy, Leviathan, the GDC, Diamond Crystal, Big B, hm who am I missing. I think I'm going to call the Rolls Square Wheels or something.

Sandy have fun at Bellacino's tonight. Take a poll as to what others do for their tires. I'll bet you'll get as many different answers as people you ask.

Clint I'm going to clean up the carb on the Vette and try it again. Only this time I will be smart enough to leave it the he-ll alone. I might even put the filter in it this time.

You know Paul I've been thinking about what you said. That's been my problem all along, I don't focus. I feel like everything I have to do needs to be done first, so I start all these things and never get to finish them.

But now it's off to bed. Looks like an overcast day today so it will be good sleepin' weather. I just have to convince my helpers of that.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:54 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by cutlassgal

Scot... what's your dilema? The post office thing? I hope all goes well for you!!
Yes and Thank you

Originally Posted by slantflat
Scot good luck with Round 1. Maybe you'll get a TKO and no need for Round 2.
Thank you Mike and Round 1 is officially over. Telephone hearing to determine if I get unemployment benefits after the POS PM fictitiously lied about why I was being terminated. He pretty much quoted from the "legal" page they sent him as to "Reasons claimant cannot be granted UI benefits"

So it went very well I think. As I was totally prepared and had several witnesses on standby to testify on my behalf as to my work ethic. performance and attendance. Well the POS PM waived his right to "attend" and therefor his prior fictitious statements about me and my performance/attendance was not allowed into "evidence" Basically it was just the hearing officer for GA D.O.L. and I. Hopefully he will decide in my favor and then not only will I receive benefits but will get back pay since 7/9. It has been tough without any income but we keep our heads up and always stay afloat. Many thanks to my awesome TW as I couldn't do it without her.

Now for the next round. It begins next week and it is much more serious.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:55 AM
Captain Starfire

Schmoopie

OK, Mike, here's more Seinfeldia:

Alexandra Wentworth (or "Schmoopie," Jerry's girlfriend in The Soup ****) is the real-life wife of George Stephanopoulos.

It's a practically infinite subject; and I echo your previous statment that for every real-life situation, there's a Seinfeld analog....

(It's obviously a slow day at the salt mine today.)

Good luck, Scot... we're pulling fer ya'.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 23rd, 2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:12 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks John

Well it looks like Tropical Strom Issac is heading straight for us and is about to slam into Puerto Rico. I think we should be getting rain and wind by early next week here in Gawga.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:22 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Thursday all,

Nice quiet cool day here with plenty of skeeters makin their presence known. Either have to take a bath in deet or wear coveralls. Thing I'll go for coveralls cause they don't smell so bad since I washed them.

Steve - that makes sense. I too was a little confused by your description of breaking gears, but I figured out what you meant. Now if you could actually do that? You'd be doing more than pulling the dist -- you'd be pulling the engine apart to do the cam and find all de lil pieces broken off. X2 on that O ring problem. It should just break though if it's that brittle. What I ran into was oxidation between the shaft and the intake. Tended to want to make the disty stay put even after dousing it with lube. Sometimes I really hate distributors.

Clint - whattaya mean hands off? Dint ya wash up at de shop??

Scot - Rootin for ya bud! Glad to hear the PM is a lazy a$$ who thinks things will just happen how he wants. Usually I've found that when someone doesn't show at a hearing like that? It's taken by the arbitrator as an admission of wrong doing; especially since you have character witnesses in the wings and are ready to produce them. What's stage 2 and why is it more serious? Is there a chance the arbitrator can overturn the wrongful dismissal and you could go back to working with that idiot who had you canned?

John - I'm not really into Seinfeld but just the idea of a soup **** sounds intriguing. And about Barbara? That's a picture any of us would have drooled over back in the day. Even at 76 she looked very well preserved

Mike - I agree. Once ya get that carb 'fixed' leave it the heck alone.

Jamesbo - whut de supermodel needs is a new family truckster wagon. You knows de one....

Sandy - have fun at Bellacinos tonight.