The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2014, 03:20 AM

Mawn'in all

Unseasonably warm dis mawn'in

Mike, I jes remembered,I got anutter friend in Savanah dat grew up on de same street as me. If ya want a second opinion. let me know

De only thing I can tell ya is, I once had a shopping ceneter down thar and in de summer it's hoter dan Hades. Oh yeah, I once took "Jack Black " [my long departed black lab] down thar and de wouldn't let him on Tybee Island beach.

Hope you got in touch wit Matt, He likes Savanah and was very involved in getting their Book Fest going. I think he's kinda tired of the small town cronyism but, I'll let him tell ya 'bout dat

Sandy, How'd it go yesterday?

GTG to de big city dis mawn'in

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old February 19th, 2014, 03:22 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan. It sure was. Maybe everyone is storing up for today.

Paul. I'd love to test drive and critique for money. Oh, wait I do. Not near as glamorous tho. Been real depressing at work. People are really having a hard time. I don't don't really care for making people cry when I give them an estimate to get their car running. I sure would like to see all this recovery the media is talking about.

Scottwithtwot's, I have an old unlimited plan with Sprint that I would be crazy to dump now. besides we are still under contract with the new phone, It would be tremendously painful to bail now.

John, I don't think I've been getting enough dodo? Woke up around 12:30 with a killer sore throat. and now my lower back aches terribly. I don't feel a fever yet, but I'm afraid it's on its way.

Sandy, I hope you are fairing ok today. Hope it starts to clear up for you out there. With all the wind we've had, It shoulda blown at least some of our sunshine your way.

Mike, I can't offer any advice on any of those places except DEN. I don't think that Delta has a hangar here. and it sure isn't a place you want to work outside in the winter. I figure Denver would be out because of the snow anywho.

Well, Have a day all.
Old February 19th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Sunny and a lovely 41 degrees out!!!!! Birds are singing. Its a great thing. Hotter than hell in here of course. Already up to 74. I turned on the fan. I dropped the temp at home this morning it was hot in there too.

I've been awake since before 5 am. Stupid steroids! Face is turning bright pink right on schedule. Stupid steroids again! Guess that means the rest of the symptoms will start on schedule too. But maybe they wont be as bad??? I'm hoping. Can't hurt! I took my anti nausea pill. Burping like a pig though. It starts while I'm getting the treatment....

Got the box of 10 injections of Neupogen UPS last evening. Will give myself the first shot around 5:30 tonight when I get home. Lets pray I wont have bone pain throughout the course!! Or even after its done for this month, ok?

It went ok yesterday. I didn't have enough of the anti numbing cream on my port though so it hurt like a bitch when she stuck the needle in. Almost cried. Guess I'm supposed to slather that stuff on like peanut butter by the gobs! I thought I was to rub it in....learning the hard way. Lots of people in there. So friggin depressing. I listened to music on my phone with headphones. It helped. I could tap my feet and hands and didn't notice the cold from the ice on them as bad. I also didn't have to listen to other people talking about their symptoms and such. I can't deal with that. There is no privacy whatsoever in there. I think treatments should be private. We're like an assembly line. One person gets up and leaves, another comes in and takes the chair. It's sadder than sad. Larry got irritated at me of course. He vented to Nicole last night before I got home. Told her how I was complaining to the nurse about how I felt last time and how everyone was staring at us. I didn't see anyone staring? And the nurse asked me about what I went through so I told her! Guess I should have sugar coated it. NOT! I told it like it was. Like he would be the perfect patient..... so he told Nicole that she could take me next time lol. I really could drive myself. Its not bad at that point. Its the day after that it starts. I came into work at 1:00. Larry just stayed home. Hes been real slow over there. Might have to lay off. I hope not.

So that's about it. Look for more complaining to come in the following days.

John... thanks for that link about the head coverings. I just don't have any extra money to spend. It sucks that insurance wont help pay for any of these things. I'd like to be one of the cancer patients that the Prez puts on T V to talk about the wonderful healthcare plan. I'd let him know exactly how it sucks!!!! Then they'd put me on the watch list forever lol. A person going through cancer shouldn't have to worry about not having an extra $40 to buy something to cover their bald head....

I have to call Cigna this morning and find out why I have 2 bills for surgery on Jan 21st. I already have the $1800 bill for the port surgery that day that I have to make arrangements to pay. Then Rehmus 'office billed over $600 for 'surgery ' on that day too. She didn't do any surgery. I ended up in the ER, and I already got that bill too. So I have to find out what's up. At least I've met my deductible so Cigna will start kicking in some now. Not much but it will help. I'll take anything!!

The Intrigue is not wanting to start Nicole said. Guess its that throttle position sensor again. I told her to ask Larry to replace it while hes talking to her lol. I saw where some coolant had leaked onto the snow yesterday morning too. I'll have to look under it tonight when I get home. Defer said nothing wrong with it..... cant afford to take it back.

Well you all have a good hump day. I gotta do something.
Old February 19th, 2014, 06:00 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful morning, 60 already and plenty of sun. Can't beat it.

Sandy I hope things went okay for you yesterday and you're feeling okay today.

Jamesbo I spoke with Matt briefly. He was not at a place he could talk and said he'd call me back. Hot in Savannah in summer, like it isn't in Atlanta?

Clint not long after my best friend moved to Denver it was on the bid and I was out there to visit, and he almost had me convinced to move out there. This was before I had my dogs. I've always loved Denver. I talked with a guy right after DIA opened and he said our gates are miserable in the winter. I wouldn't go there now, too far away from my family.

Scott everyone laughs at my cell phone. It's got to be 8 years old by now, flips open, texts by hitting each button until the correct letter comes up. The battery is dying and I guess I'll have to upgrade but I'm not looking forward to it. I wouldn't use all that extra stuff why should I pay for it? Hm, I bet I could find a new battery on the internet.

John did I drive on the Lake Ponchartrain Causeway? At one point I was on some long bridge and looked over and saw another roadway that went so far and just stopped. I wouldn't want to take that detour.

Had the TR6 out for a short ride yesterday. Went and filled it up with gas. I had planned on registering it, but even after all this time I forget that it has to be insured first before I can get license plates for it. My insurance guy is on vacation so that will be a job for next week.

Paul what are your overall thoughts on your Mustang? Is it a 6 speed? I've been toying with the idea of the Fiat turning into a Mustang. Not so sure just yet. I had an 03 Mustang, not a bad car but a few shortcomings.

Okay late for the Awful house. Gonna get this mop of hair cut then the rest of the day is up for grabs. Hope everyone has a good humpity.
Old February 19th, 2014, 09:26 AM
My sweet ride since 1970!

Happy Hump Day! Omaha is checking in with good weather today too..41 and sunny. However in typical Nebraska style...tomorrow its supposed to snow.

Sandy my friend...don't ever not cry if you feel the "need." If God had not intended us to cry he would not have given us the ability! As for Larry, give him my email addy...I would love to chat with him (he won't like it, but he needs to hear what I have to say.) You are spot on regarding the privacy issues you mention-wish the medical community could get with the program! Here in Omaha we are home to 2 MAJOR med schools and we'd like to think that puts us on the leading edge, but I am not sure that is true.

Mike I bet you can find that battery. Speaking of that I got Sprint to switch out the battery on my Samsung Galaxy SIII. They were not convinced that there was anything wrong with the one I had. They tested it overnight and texted me an apology this morning cuz it flunked their tests..GRIN!!! BTW Mike what color is the TR6? I have a long time friend who covets one.

Gotta actually get to work so its a short note today. More later if I can...

Keep the Olds' rollin'

Greatscott
Old February 19th, 2014, 09:36 AM

Well the snow plows came by last night while I was at work, and I had a huge pile at the end of my driveway, the heavy wet stuff... "aye cap'n I'm given 'er all she's got" (read with a Scottish brouge) heavy on the throttle, and quickly on the brakes to avoid sliding into the house. Went out a little while ago....what a pain, the snowblower don't like the heavy stuff either, too packed. It'll be 40ish today and maybe 50 tomorrow, with rain, followed be plunging temps into the teens, and of course freezing rain 'n sleet. Oh Joy.
Old February 19th, 2014, 10:31 AM

Mike, Ole friend. You thing Atlanta gets Hot, you won't like Savanah
Old February 19th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo I never said I didn't like hot. So you're saying Atlanta's got nothing on Savannah in hotness? As Preston Tucker once said, it isn't the heat it's the humility.

Been trying to move inop vehicles around on the driveway. Not having a lot of luck. My tools of choice(read that the only things I have) are a floor jack and come along.

Gotta go to the library and make some reservations on their computer. I don't have a printer that works at home and I need to print out the confirmations.

Scottwithtwots the TR6 is currently mostly white. It was originally Mimosa yellow. A horrid color. Don't know what color I'm going to paint it. The seats are black, and seeing as how the interior needs to be redone, it may not stay black.

Dan when I lived up home I would try to wait out the snow plow. Didn't matter if I shoveled right when it snowed or waited, the plow would always come past right after I finished. He must have been waiting around the corner for me.
Old February 19th, 2014, 02:50 PM

Morning all, cooler today which is nice.

Allegra slept for 7 hours last night which was nice. Hopefully she will keep that up

One more OT shift tonight before my holidays end and I am back to work next week

I just don't understand the health system over there Sandy. I was reading in the news the other day about this guy that got bitten by a snake. After all was said and done with his visit to the er and all that he got a bill for 89k for it. He didn't stay overnight of anything like that so I just can't figure out how they get away with charging that much for medical help over there. I would hate to see what your total bill would be without your insurance

Glad to see that the weather is fine enough for you to go smack whitey around Jamesbo, even if you did play like a goat

There is nothing wrong with keeping your cell phone Mike, I'm sure flea-bay will have a fresh battery for it. Like you said we pay far to much for junk we just don't use or need these days.

Got new front tires put on the morris yesterday. Delivery truck with my tires was an hour late as they don't have my size on the shelf then they weren't going to do the alignment thinking I didn't have the time. I found the time as I knew it was bad, turns out both sides were 7 mm out It is like a whole different car now, no wheel shake at 80kph now, took it up to 105 and still no shake, I am very happy with that

Have a warm day everyone

Adrian
Old February 19th, 2014, 05:34 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. We actually had thunder, lightning and heavy rain today, a big change from all the snow we've been having. I broke my snow shovel on all the heavy crap I've been throwing around so I went to Homer Depot today to get a new one. Of course, you can forget about finding one or rock salt for that matter as both are completely out of stock. But if you want patio furniture or a lawnmower, there's plenty of them! Told me that they did not think anymore were coming in. Geez, it's still only February, not like I'm looking to buy one in May. Fortunately the local hardware store can order one in for me. Hope it comes before the next storm. I dont know about everyone else here, but I'm definitely ready for spring.

Hope you all enjoyed the day.
Old February 20th, 2014, 04:18 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all

Whelpt, my luck would have to run out eventually... feel a miserable sore throat coming on. Hopefully I can nip it in the bud before it becomes a full-fledged cold. Getting up at Clint's butt-crack hour don't help nuttin' IMHO, especially when you're cheating urself on the other side.

And speaking of Clint, where y'at, hombre?

I'll be back after the raisin bread, p. butter, and worm...
Old February 20th, 2014, 05:24 AM

Mawn'in all

Still unseasonable warm. De keep talk'in 'bout showers but ain't seen any yet

John, I think it's time fer de ole salt water w/ aspirin.

Mike, Savannah is hotter than any place I can remember in de Summer

Adrian, Don't feel pregnant. No body over here understand de health care system either.

FWIW, I usually carry a hip flask in my pocket fer snake bite [and a snake in de utter one]

Sandy, Ya sound like you're getting thru it OK. How many more ya gotta take?

GTG
Old February 20th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Captain Starfire

I'm back

Mornin', all....

'Twas 60 and muggy, but thank goodness not as froggy as Tuesday. Made it in yesterday and today for 6:00 w/ no problem or delay.

I think the whole country is ready for spring to spring, Darrell.

The Causeway is the 24-mile bridge smack in the middle of Lake Pontchartrain. At one time, it was the longest over-water bridge in the world; but I think Japan (or some other Asian country) built a longer one (technically, I don't theirs is 100% over water).

I don't think you drove on it, Mike. It goes shore to shore, north and south (Metairie to Mandeville). It was built in '56 as a single, 2-lane, 2-way span. But they had a series of horrific head-on's in the late 50s and 60s and they built a second span -- adjacent to the original -- in '69; so now, each span has two lanes moving in the same direction.

Paul, when it's foggy or the weather's exceptionally bad (hi winds, etc.), the patrolmen convoy traffic in bunches across the bridge, usually at 45 m.p.h. The "pace car" straddles the 2-lanes and everybody follows behind -- so there's no passing, speeding, or slowing.

That TR will be one cool looking ride once it's fixed up, Mike... such classic lines. Good luck w/ it! Is Mimosa Yellow what I used to call "Babysh1t Yellow"? If so, I agree w/ you -- horrid.

I spoke to Pete last night and he's so glad the '6 doesn't have to sit outside his house anymore... I think he felt guilty about banishing it from his garage when he got the Stag, onto which he's in the process of putting a Weber carb: he ordered some machined aluminum (or aluminium, as they say) adapter and linkage from Grt. Brit.... the previous owner had apparrently put a Rochester Dualjet on it !!! Yikes... my Vega had one of those.

BTW, those cell phone batteries are a commodity; you could find 10 different vendors on the web.

I facilitated Aunt Jean's move to the rehab nursing home yesterday; I didn't eat until 7 p.m., so stayed up a little past my usual
bedtime; so "dodo" suffered again last night. I'm taking all my secret remedies and herbs to head this cold off at the pass.

Sandy, hope you're feeling OK today! Maybe you can take it a bit easy? Just keep thinking of Teepo and that beautiful (and updated?) interior. Go take some pictures of the trunk if you get bored to show us just how pretty that spare and jack are... ;-)

Whelpt, y'all have a great one, Oldsmopals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 20th, 2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old February 20th, 2014, 05:58 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John, Sorry I was late. the missus told me to sleep in a bit so I didn't get any more sick. So I listened.

Had a skiff of snow last night. Darrell, I'm with ya. I'm throwin in the white towel.

I bought a matching set of 1967 Colorado license plates yesterday. I have to go to the DMV and see if I can get them double registered.

Have a day all.
Old February 20th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

A little sun out right now but supposed to cloud up and rain. Temps at 29 now but heading to 52. Lots of flood watches out for later when we get downpours. Its supposed to get windy overnight too. Back to the teens next week.

I'm feeling pretty yucky today. Diarreah kicked in at 1 am. Stopped at the drug store on my way in to work and got something for it. Not fun. I had a packet of peanut butter crackers and ginger ale for supper last night and just laid on the couch. Larry gave me the Neupogen shot. I was too shaky. I had some rice crispies this morning when I got here. Nothing tastes good at all.

Jamesbo... this is only 2. 4 more to go.....

John and Clint.... hope you all feel better soon. It's that time of the year.

There's a guy from AFLAC coming in this afternoon to talk to Brian and I. I used to have it and could have brought it here with me but I didn't know that. We'll see how much its gone up!

Well you all have a good day. I'm tired.
Old February 20th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Monday for me. Been a nice day here but rain is supposed to move in tonight. Then nice again but not as warm. Ah but we've seen it, we know what's possible.

Sandy I hate that you're feeling yucky. Maybe you can get past it a little quicker this time. Don't overdo it, no need to.

Clint hope you enjoyed your extra time sleeping. When I was in school many eons ago, I worked from 8pm to midnight(and lived an hour from work) and went to school all day. I'd get home from work by 2am and have to get up at 6 for school. This was only three days a week as I was off work two days during the week. But if I got home and in bed 15 minutes early and still had to get up for school, boy was I thrilled! I have always put the alarm clock across the room so I don't do the snooze button.

John I think we're on the same page of ugly yellow. I was just about to comment that I couldn't guarantee the car would stay yellow, when Pete said, it really is a lovely color it needs to be painted back. So I didn't say anything.

Hope you guys start feeling better soon.

I went to sign up for the Savannah bid last night and like a dumbass I don't know my license number. So I have to wait until tonight to look at it, then I can sign up from work. I just didn't want anyone seeing what I was doing and knowing my business. Eh, I can be sly.

Okay gonna get the dogs ready and then hit the road. After this week I have ten days off, so I can use up my vacation before March.

Have a good evening everyone, just one more and it's the weekend.
Old February 21st, 2014, 04:49 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Late worm.

Mike I used to work at Village inn when in high school and they had me work the 5-5 shift on the weekends. Most of my weekends i was a total zombie. I only went off the road once from falling asleep. The Torino did pretty good keeping it together.

Sandy, I have Aflac. Still pretty inexpensive in a relative kind of way. Hope you get to feeling a little better today.

John, Hope you're feeling better, Last night was the worst so far. Only have a slight fever this morning. Hangin around 100. Only had to have one lozenge last night. But the aches are worse. Broke down and finally took some dayquil. I hate taking crap like that.

Have a Friday all.

Last edited by CQR; February 21st, 2014 at 04:58 AM.
Old February 21st, 2014, 05:04 AM

Mawn'in all

De cow came wit a vengeance last nite but it's blown outa ere dis amwn'in

Allan, I see de curling canadains are playing de curling brits today. Good luck [in whatever they're trying to do]

I jes went to my wife's chiroprator, She's from Winepeg. I had to tell her to talk slower cause [being southern] I had no idear what she was say'in]

Sandy, Well one more time and your gonna be half way finished. [Dat's my possitive thought de jour]

Mike, I spoke wit Mat las nite, give him anutter call if ya have time. He jes had an operation an is on sum powerful drugs.But he'd luv to talk wit cha [or anyone else fer dat matter]
Old February 21st, 2014, 05:27 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Elsie has landed and put an end to our springlike weather we had. It got up to 79* yesterday. Today after Elsie departs will get up to around 65*

Sandy hang in there, you are almost halfway finished with the treatments. Hope you are feeling better.

Allan I thunk you missed your opportunity to come down. The crazy Canuck Goozles around here think winter is over and are in mass exodus mode. Me thinks they will get somewhere near Kentucky and say "Uh-oh let's head backo Gawga!"

Clint I hope you get to feeling better brother. You are probably like me and rarely get under the weather, but when I do it's a doozie.

Mike so you plan on commuting to Savannah? Man that's a 3 hr drive from my house. I can understand wanting to get away from one of the busiest airports in the world though.

Adrian you are so right about inflated medical bills over here, it is outrageous to say the least. I mean with your example of a snakebite, I know it's expensive for them to prepare the antivenom and all but 89K? Who sets that price? I wish I knew because they could use a swift kick in the pants

Speaking of phones I broke down and joined the smart phone crowd. I like it. For $45 month I get unlimited everything, only $10 more a month than I was paying for talk and text, no data.

Whelp the strom is about to pass and it should fair up nicely Y'all have a great day
Old February 21st, 2014, 08:32 AM
My sweet ride since 1970!

Better late then never I guess...Hi All!!!

I honestly have no idea what happened to Thursday! Although certainly had a typical Nebraska weather day: dry in the early morning, then sleet, then snow, then REAL snow, then warmer then SUNSHINE and its all gone by dark!

Sandy, hope today and the weekend are good to you and that you can bounce back from this weeks chemo without too much discomfort.

Seems as though the Olympic hockey game is the big news today. May just have to shut the cell off for a bit and enjoy the game. Like the old joke goes...went to the fights one night and a hockey game broke out! Wish I understood the rules, but even so fun to watch.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice enough the Wendy is going to get out and at least run on the driveway for a bit. I hate to drive her with all the salt and gunk that is on the streets around here. But she has got to get some fresh air:-)

Going to go look @ some houses for a new client, so talk to you all soon!

Scott
Old February 21st, 2014, 09:00 AM

Good mid afternoon. Mother nature is a *&%$#!
Old February 21st, 2014, 10:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon all.

I stayed home today, I feel like crap. Mostly my taste. I can't drink anything, even water tastes like shi* today. Gatorade, ice chips, water with lemon, lemon tea, it's all yucky. God I just don't know what to do. I'm supposed to be drinking to get the toxins out of my body, but it just ain't happening. Even popsicles aren't good. I'm not hungry at all, gut is messed up. I'm suckin on lemon drops but mouth just tastes awful. I've never experienced anything like this.

Guess bitching about it isn't gonna help any.....

We have a little sun on and off today and its in the 40's. Pretty windy out there. Nice to be able to see the grass in places.

Gonna lay back down now. Have a good one.
Old February 21st, 2014, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Guess bitching about it isn't gonna help any......

Sandy, Would you mind if I borrowed your quote [it's for de Super model]
Old February 21st, 2014, 02:21 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone.

Rained most of the night but was done by sun up. Turned out to be a nice day, though at 60 it seemed cold compared to the past couple days. Still better than freezing.

Clint and John hope you guys are feeling better today.

Sandy complain all you want. I'm with Jamesbo. Drink beer. It's mostly water and if you drink enough you won't give a damn. Chin up sweetie we're with you.

Oh Scot I thought you were going to push one of my buttons. I hate when people say Atlanta is the busiest airport. There's no way it can be. What's funny is every time that comes up the person saying it quotes different numbers. ATL has more people. Or they have more planes. Or they have more arrivals/departures. I know they don't have more people than at least a couple other airports. Just media hype. It started with Mayor Shirley trying to out do everyone else. Okay rant off. Thanks for not saying that.

But yes, Savannah. Funny, usually when there's a bid for a place there usually isn't there's lots of talk about it. I haven't heard anything. That means either no one cares or everyone is putting in for it and keeping it hush hush. Charleston is also on the bid, and so is Nashville. Both those places are a bit far to drive for just a couple days off. Savannah works 4 on three off. Jamesbo I'll give Matt a call some time next week.

Two T Scott, I'm not familiar with Nebraska, how close are you to Verdigre? A guy at work wants me to ride out there with him and bring back a 65 Chevy truck. I really don't want to go, because that would use up a good bit of my vacation. He's been saying he wants to go there for months. I have a feeling he will back out yet again, but I said I'd go with him so if he wants to go, then it's off to Nebraska. No way I'm going if there's still gonna be snow. Hm. There's my out.

Okay night two is upon me. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.
Old February 21st, 2014, 02:25 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Afternoon everyone!

Cold as a witches heart up here right now - plenty of cold winds blowing too.

Scot - Gawja isn't anywhere close to being winter up here. Any of those Canadians packing up and leaving are just wimps.

Jim - Yes, Brad Jacobs put a real licking on David Murdoch. Got up early just to watch. It was a blowout right from the first end. Game ended at 9-3 for Canada after just 8 of the 10 ends being played. First time I saw Brad and the team smile all week long....they made history by matching the Womens Gold. First time in Olympic history that Canada has won both Golds in curling at the same time! An we beated the US mens hokey team playin de semi finals 2. Mebbe we'll git luckee and beet dem Swedelanders in de Golden mache. Anyhoo we's in 3rd place in de medals standins wit a few more ta be decided. Doin purty good huh?

Dan - I think ya best pologize to ma nature. She might get even more upset...and send you Canadian weather for the next month or so...

Clint - just for you...

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I feel like crap. Mostly my taste. I can't drink anything, even water tastes like shi* today.
Sandy - hope this makes you at least smile....
Old February 21st, 2014, 03:33 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Allan R
Scot - Gawja isn't anywhere close to being winter up here. Any of those Canadians packing up and leaving are just wimps.
Allan I meant the Canadian Geese were heading north only to find out winter isn't quite over yet

Mike yeah I've always heard Atl being one of the busiest, but I'd think not THE busiest. Good luck with your bid.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 02:47 AM

Mawn'in all

Chillier dan yesterday but clear [but dark]

Headed to de mountains when de bride wakes up

Gonna make sum Brunswick stew today

Sandy, I hope today fairs better than yesterday fer ya

Mike, Dis falls under de rather large umbrella of "None of my businees" but I'd stay put.

Enjoy de weekend Olds friends

And get well
Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:58 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Sup Olds fiends????

Purty much no action here today except Jim???

Well, things have quieted down a bit with the drug lords that moved in next door. Honest to Gawd, there must be 10-12 cars/trucks coming and going from there all day long. Makes life in the cul de sac somewhat unsafe for the kids playing. If it's their regular pattern though they just are gone for a visit to another house they're using to peddle their merchandise, and I don't mean jackets.... They show up here for about 10 days and then leave for a week. They're NOT user friendly and make a God Awful lot of noise at all hours of the day/night. I hope the police do something about them sooner than later.

Scot - Yup, them birds have a timing clock and beacon. Don't worry, by the time they gradually make their way up to the land o' plenty the weather will have turned. I look forward to their arrival. The huge flocks usually do a straffing run over the house and they do a lot of honking as they go. LOL - ever see the 'duckhunter' commercial for Woodpecker Beer? Have a lookee - it's an oldy but I love watching it

Jim - ifn yer luckee de bride will still be sleepin when ya git der. Put sumuv dat der Brusnwich Stu in a goodee bag fer me and send it along woodja?? I woud loves ta tryit!!

The rest of you - WAKEY WAKEY!!!
Old February 22nd, 2014, 02:38 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy all.

Nice day today. Sixties and for the most part sunny. Gonna be like this for awhile, I'll take it.

Jamesbo you're probably right. I would literally be spending my life either working or traveling. That's no fun. It would be tough keeping two households running along with spending 200+ in gas a week. Wish I had the right answer. I really need to get out of the department I'm in.

Allan I didn't know the neighbors were geeks. That's a fancy word I learned from my buddy Johnboy. I remember when the house was sold to a guy who would rent it, but I don't remember anyone moving in. Boy that's too bad. If you're the one who drops a dime be sure it's anonymous, as the repercussions would be unbearable.

How's things today Sandy?

Last night tonight before vacation. Ten glorious days not at work. Although I'll probably go up there one time to get my extra car. No need for it to sit there while I'm home that long. The guy who wants me to go to Nebraska with him never said peep about it yesterday and I know he's off tonight, so I guess we're not going. Big surprise. I didn't want to go anyway.

Welp, time for the dogs to go out and then git to gittin' . Hope everyone has a good night and is whoopin' it up over the weekend.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 02:44 PM

Morning all, weather is a bit cooler today which is nice.

Stick in there Sandy, you can whine all you want that's why we're here

With the medical thing Scot I reckon it is all about greed, you want us to fix you then you will pay or you will die

Stick with it Allan, they say winter should be over soon so it should start to warm up for you and everyone else up there.

Well my yard just got smaller, my cheap father in law finally coughed up for that section of fence so I no longer have to look after half of the other block I am quite happy as I got nothing for it except alot more wear and tear on my mower that I had to fix. Normally I don't care about helping people out but there is always a certain amount of give and take with something like that

Time to put the gas tank back into the morris. There was a small leak from where the sensor bolts onto the side of it. Lets hope the damn thing has stopped leaking, I can't afford to have gas leaking all over the place like that

Have a warm weekend everyone,

Adrian
Old February 22nd, 2014, 02:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yeah Mike. It's a bit of a downer right now. The old neighbors were a little on the messy and reckless side but that's just 3 boys growing up. Their parents weren't exactly role models and ended up in the big D (no, not Dallas TX). They sold the house and I met the owner in December. He's probably Lebanese or something based on his name. He decided to buy and make the house an 'investment' aka rental property. When he emailed me and told me the new 'tenants' were moving in I was hoping for a nice young family that fit the mold of our area. Nope, more like Hells Angels. Obviously the landlord failed to do his due diligence on criminal background checks. That could come back to bite him in the ****.

You taking your puter on vacation with you? I'm with Jim - I wouldn't want to go to Nebraska to get that car either. I'll be whoopin it up at 05:00 Sunday local time ( I guess that's close to 7:00 am your time) as Canada takes on Sveeden in the Olympic Gold medal game in men's hockey.

If we don't hear from you, have a wonderful vacation. Wish there was room in one of your carry-ons for me.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 03:02 PM
Always room for one more

Allan I'm not going anywhere, or at least have plans to. I'm using up vacation that I'd lose come March 4. That's when I get new vacation and we can't carry any over. It didn't occur to me that Jamesbo meant don't go to Nebraska. I thought he meant don't go to Savannah. Either way he's right. Hm.

I'm just sticking around and getting a bunch of things caught up.

Okay -now- I'm going. I'll be home early tonight, as I had 6 leftover hours of vacation to use, so I'll leave at 1. That way I can still sleep and get up and go to Awful house.

Good night everyone. Good night Irene.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 03:40 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ok, that means plenty of time to work on cars and play with the pups. I could get into that pretty easy myself...
Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:04 PM

Good evening everyone.

Well, I've ordered more parts for the Cutlass. Not going to reveal all my secrets though.

Today was a very nice day, above freezing and the snow is melting.

Mike, enjoy your time off. I'm sure you can think of something to keep yourself busy.

Allan, good luck with your new neighbours.

Jamesbo have fun in the mountains.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!
Old February 23rd, 2014, 05:31 AM

Mawn’in all

Nice clear day in de mountains

Allan, Scot] an jes about everyone else] may have a different recipe fer Brunswick
But mine is basically a shredded cooked Boston but, wit 2 shredded cooked chickens, a couple of chopped onions, a couple cans of diced maters and a couple cans shoe peg corn cooked in a BIG pot in sum chicken stock.

I serve it wit hoe cakes [hot water, corn meal, salt] fried in small patties
Old February 23rd, 2014, 05:42 AM

Morning folks, Well at least the sun is shining, but this week will still be a cold one, so I better get my cup 'o joe to get things going.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 06:48 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning all.

Sunny today and headed to 70 I think. This will last a couple days then back into the arctic freeze. I mean really, March is right around the corner how much more of this do we have to put up with? Well, I can remember when I was a kid the errant snow in May.

So indeed 1o'clock came last night and I was done. It happened that the shop with the blaster machine I like was wide open and no one around, so I slipped in and cleaned up two rims that have been riding around in the car for weeks. They came out purdy. Still got home and in bed by 3. Gotta love it.

Paul you're right. Everything I have is a project. I could be on vacation for a year and still not get everything done. Well, maybe I'll have a little fun this week in amongst all the stuff I hope to get done.

Guess I'll get into something. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 07:56 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

It's sprinkling here and supposed to rain this evening. And like Mike said it's probably gonna get up to around 70*

Jamesbo the absolute best Brunswick stew comes from Fincher's. I have tried many recipes from the BBQ joints all over and none can hold a candle to Fincher's. Heck it's so good the astronauts took some up in space with them.

Congrats to Canada for capturing the gold in hockey. Looks like Canada has more gold medals than the US but the US has more medals overall than anyone but Russia. I haven't caught hardly any of the winter games on the tube, so what should I care?? It seems to have been poorly put together from what I could tell. The summer games is where it's at

Whelp I gotta change a p/s pressure hose on the daughter's Xterra. Y'all have a great day
Old February 23rd, 2014, 08:13 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all.

Sunny again and temps in the 30's. Snow is melting but cold coming back this week.

Still feeling sick. Like I have the flu. Achy and gut rumbling. Taster still off. I was able to eat some scrambled eggs and fried taters this morning, but when I cut a piece of ham and chewed it once, I had to spit it right out. Oh lord it was terrible! This is no way to live. I may do 4 of these treatments and tell her I'm friggin done. 4 of them should lower that 31% chance of distant recurrence in 10 years to at least 15%. I can live with those odds. I'm gonna die of something eventually anyhow. We all are. I want to feel good whatever time I have. You know its been shown that chemo only helps 3 out of 20 people who get it and does more harm than good in the other 17. That, I believe. This crap is not at all good for your heart and other organs. Causes major issues. I'm sure it will come back and bite me in the *** the next few years....

Gonna try to go shopping with Larry later on. He went over to the shop. He gets bored sitting around. Then complains that he gets no time off to rest....

Hope I feel better tomorrow. Gotta go back to work. I see me missing Bellacinos cruise ins on Thursday nights. I may be taking Thursdays and Friday's off work to rest. Steve and clay can make snide comments like they did when Brian had to take off. No one understands how miserable this makes you feel. I know I didn't feel this bad the first go round 23 years ago.

Looked online yesterday at my claims with cigna. They charged $3295 for the 10 shots of neupogen. Multiply that by 6 months.... Cha ching!!!! What a money maker.

Clint.... thank you very much!!

Well I'm not fit company so you all have a good day. Talk to ya tomorrow.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:41 AM

Morning all, still dark out here but probably the same hot day to look forward to.

Enjoy your time off Mike, I know I did I got a few things done which was nice but mainly just rested and helped out with Allegra doing the night shift so Tink could sleep but that is all gonna change now as I am back to work this morning

Talking about neighbors Allan I too will be getting new ones. The current ones didn't get their lease renewed as they got a 2nd dog and were not allowed to. The next ones won't be allowed dogs so I hope that turns out ok as all the previous ones with them the dogs always bark at you regardless, which is annoying. Teach your dog when to bark at people it isn't that hard

You would think with all the money these companies are making they would put it back into better research to find a cure for all these illnesses but there is no money in people being healthy I guess. We are thinking of you Sandy, hopefully your taste comes back soon.

Time to go back to work, take care olds mates,

Adrian