The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 28th, 2014, 05:26 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone.

Cold morning here, only 39* and breezy. I imagine de ex HA and honker house is using a lot of heating because they left the windows open. Nice little surprise for the ******** landlord to absorb.

Mike, you didn't take pictures at the car show?

Jim, USA seems to be playing better today. Can they make up the 10-6 deficit? Pretty bright outfitsdey are wearin today.

John, HAPPY BIRTHDAYS buddy!

Time to put a cot of poffee on.

Enjoy your day.
Old September 28th, 2014, 08:26 AM

Nope, Allan de didn't make it

My uncle set his alarm for 2:00 a.m. so he would miss any of it. I'm not dat hhard core
Old September 28th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, all...

Raining on & off most of the morning, but I don't have any outdoor stuff planned for today. Guy's spose to come in the a.m. tomorrow to install landscaping curbs in front of our casa. I'll be able to do a whole bunch more stuff myself after that.

Thanks, Allan! Should be a real nice day. Headed to my fave restaurant, as I mentioned, this afternoon, and will watch the Saints tonite. Hope I bring 'em luck. Dallas seems either hot or cold, so I'm hoping they're cold.

Jamesbo, we're headed back up for a little more than a week real soon. And of course PAINTING is on my agenda. Bought some of that elastomeric coating for the naked parts of the deck. A neighbor did hers and it came out really nice. Really can make weathered wood beautiful. We shall see.

Whelpt, hope ol' Sol is good to my Oldsmofriends on his day.
Old September 28th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Always room for one more

Nah Allan I'm not much of a picture taker these days. I used to take lots of pictures and now I have albums and albums full of pictures I never look at. Besides have you tried taking a picture at a car show lately? If people will even get out of your way, there's still someone who will walk right in front of you.

John I forgot you said today was your birthday. Hope you have a good one. You should whoop it up good! If you want some help with the painting when you're in the mountains give me a shout.

Still sort of misty here and overcast. Rain is supposed to come later on so it's inside stuff for me today.
Old September 28th, 2014, 11:05 AM

Happy Berfday John
Old September 28th, 2014, 12:45 PM

https://picasaweb.google.com/6971dan...KOrwNLwhsikhwE Hey guys, check to see if this link is good, I posted it in General Discussion, a week ago, but was having problems w/Picasa, which seems to be "fixed" for the moment. If not, I'll probably open a photobucket account.
Old September 28th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Always room for one more

Pictures look good. Love the baby Ferrari...
Old September 28th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan, it came up just fine on my puter. Is that a Nash Metropolitan I saw on there? I remember getting a ride in one of those when I was just a wee boy. And it was crowded with just a driver and 2 kids!! Yikes.

I think my favorite car out of all those would be this one, which I would give to my wife. (I'm thinking 1951??) She hates verts because the wind gets in her hair and ears. I'm sure she'd make me drive it all the time
Old September 28th, 2014, 02:00 PM

Well now that the link is fixed, I'll post my Caddy pics in General Discussion.
Old September 28th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Captain Starfire

Thanks Jamesbo & Mike. Sal 'n' Judy's did not disappoint... they've been there for over 40 years and seem to just get better. I had panne veal w/ fettuccine alfredo and better half had trout amandine w/sautéed green beans. A baked crabmeat au gratin appetizer started us off, and of course the fab (signature) salad followed. Good time (and a few extra pounds) were had by all! No room for dessert, but we hit the Blue Bell when we got home. ;-)

Drippy wet weather on & off down here all day. Fine w/ me... hopefully, they'll be able to pour the curbs tomorrow morning so I can get my stuff done in the not-too-distant future.
Old September 28th, 2014, 07:29 PM

Good evening everyone!

It has been quite a while hasn't it? Things just seem to have been busy non-stop since the OCA Nationals.

I really haven't had much time to figure out what is wrong with the Cutlass. I've driven it around here a bit and have a list of the next couple of things to try but never seem to have the time to do any of them. The only thing I have concluded is that it seems to overheat on the highway but run normal temperatures in town.

Work has been crazy for the last month and a half and I've been putting in extra hours.

About 3 weeks ago I was rear-ended in the Mustang. It was stop and go traffic and I was pretty well stopped, so nothing too bad but the Mustang is going in for work tomorrow. It's going to need a new rear bumper, muffler and some exhaust pipes. When it was hit, the bumper got scratched and a puncture or 2, knocked out a reflector and pushed the passenger side muffler ahead a couple of inches as well as bending the exhaust tip on that side. Wonder what I'll get as a rental while it is in for work?

Add in trying to enjoy what was left of car show season up hear with the Delta and I just haven't had the time to post.

Oh, and I have been looking at houses. Came close with one, until inspection day.

Looks like I have 10 pages of Good Morning Thread posts to get caught up on. That shouldn't take too long, should it?

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old September 29th, 2014, 03:55 AM

Mawn'in all

A little drizzle but not enough to stop me from playing golf and not enough to allow me to not water de weeping wilow. Wish it would either do one or both

Scot, Congarts on de grand baby. Ya know Grand parents and grand children get along so well because de have a common enemy

John, My bagel jes ain't hold'in up after your description of the berfday repast

Mike, Ere ya go
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
Old September 29th, 2014, 04:53 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo. I think thats what my next door neighbor did with his motorhome. Altho his isn't spose to do that. All the wiring is green underneath. It is an absolute disaster. any slight chafe or mark in the insulation will cause a green spot. He's getting it cleaned up to get it sold before we have any more issues.

John, Happy belated. Hope it was good.

Dan. Nice pic's. That 66 Sure looks straight. Thats hard to do with black.

Scot, Congrats! I'm glad it's you and not me. (Yet).

Mike, Is it the VC or your Vert that you are looking for correct date codes for?

Karen Carpenter had a more than exceptional voice. Very under rated by my generation. They did really well just using a Rhodes and primitive electric guitar and mixing studio.

Have a Munday all.
Old September 29th, 2014, 05:19 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

It was raining earlier but has stopped, still not looking good for my last cruise attempt at Summit tonight. They'd cancel the show if someone dropped a glass of water.

Jamesbo that's just what I need. Just as I was thinking, that thing looks top heavy, the voiceover said, it's not top heavy. I still don't think it would do very well in any kind of chop.

Clint, now that you mention it I need wires for both the wagon and convertible. The convertible's wires would have to be second quarter of 69. When you say, so we don't have any more issues, do you mean you're helping work on the RV and it's causing trouble or do you mean there are issues just because he has it next to you?

Scot congratulations! The Cast needs an addition.

Paul that's too bad about the Mustang. Hope it gets put back to perfect. Watch your tire wear in the back.

Okay time for Awful house. Got a few errands to run this morning. Hope everyone's week starts out good.
Old September 29th, 2014, 05:39 AM
CQR

Mike. Things are working on the moho. but he needs to get rid of it before any more corrosion causes more electrical issues.
Old September 29th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone,

I guess the HA and hookers weren't much at cleanliness. The owner showed up yesterday and had to order a dumpster to clean out the house. Also gone are multi doors with holes in them, framing and drywall that was trashed and a lot of carpet and underpayment. Lots of personal stuff and trappings also hit the dumpster, along with about 200 lbs of apples from the back yard. Personally I hope the house ends up for sale instead of staying a rental. We'll see.

Paul, sorry bout the stang. You should be able to get another Stang as a rental.

Jim, nice amphibus. Don't bother wit de tree, it'll water itself wit its tears. Go whack whitey.

Clint, WTH is green wiring?

Time for a kuppa koffee.

Enjoy your day.
Old September 29th, 2014, 06:23 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', folks

Spose to be drying up today. Still quite soggy from yesterday, and not sure when ol' Sol will make his presence known. A little warmer at 73* at the Plantation.

Thanks, Clint. 'Twas very nice. BTW, did we mention Karen previously, or is that something you just happened to stumble upon? You're bringing up tender memories. ;-) BTW, did you know Richard was one of the foremost Chrysler 300 collectors & experts in the world?

I won't mention the embarrassing shellacking the Saints took last night. Downright humiliating.... What's wrong wit' dem Boys?

Hope you're feeling a little better day by day, Sandy.

Jamesbo, I heard ya'. If you ever make it down here, we need to take a run over to Lacombe. I have a food hangover today.

Whelpt, the curb guys are here. Hooray! Y'all have a wondermous day, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; September 29th, 2014 at 06:28 AM.
Old September 29th, 2014, 12:15 PM
CQR

John, I may have spoken about her, but not recently. Since it's Monday and raining I listened to 'The singles' album this morning while making lunches.
Old September 29th, 2014, 12:24 PM
CQR

Allan, This gentleman had lived in his Moho near the cali coast doing a welding job for a Nuclear power plant and ever since then his coach has suffered from terrible corrosion. Seems the corrodign element won't leave as it seems t o just keep getting worse. He has many wires that look worse than this.
Old September 29th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Always room for one more

I find that motorhome and/or other type RV wiring is horrible. The people building them run the wires wherever they can get them to fit and not be seen. Poor splices, poor quality connectors. It's amazing there aren't more fires in them.

And on a related note, I got my Airstream Service Manual today. We'll see how close the manual is to the actual build. I haven't looked through it yet but I'm hoping it will have a schematic for the water lines.

Rain seems to have gone, but it's still overcast and everything is wet. Don't know if Summit will be going on tonight, but I'll take a run down there anyway, I need to get some oil.
Old September 29th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Captain Starfire

Clint, I don't have that "greatest hits," but I wore out "A Song for You," which I believe was their second album. See if you can pick up a good used one from Amazon or eBay. Unfortunately, I had the album and it, along with my others, was washed away 9 yrs ago. BTW, same goes for the Bread album, "Baby I'm a Want You." You can pick them up used for just a few bucks and they have "great" songs not on the greatest-hits albums.

Curbs done! Came out fab.... He had done the concrete walkway (the stuff that still looks new) directly in front of the house a couple weeks ago. I might have him back and have him run the walkway around the other side of the house, as soon as I can straighten out from this go-round. The new walkway beats the heck out of the bricks that were there before. But as Allan noted a couple weeks back, they ain't givin' concrete away nowadays.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; September 29th, 2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old September 29th, 2014, 01:38 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy all

Rainy day in Gawga.

Happy belated Birthday John

Thank ye all for the congrats on my great news. I am ecstatic to say the least. Anywho I have about 8 months or so to prepare. I wish she'd had finished college 1st but $#!+ happens? She was on bc but the 98.9% effective was valid for around 5 yrs I guess

Clint I didn't go back and read all of the comments but that looks to be a rub or rodents chewing.
Old September 30th, 2014, 04:57 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Cool and humid this morning. We've had 1.5" of rain in the past 36 hours.

Scot, that is a google picture. The ones I've been dealing with are much worse. He has been having problems with his slides not working all the time. Mike is right. there isn't a real good diagram for this, and there are 4 looms of wires going from the front towards the back. and most use red, orange, and white heavy wires. Moho's are only meant to make it to the end of warranty, then it's time to scrap them.

John, The flatwork looks great. We need to replace our sidewalks here. Since 1940 there has been a lot of moving and shifting. Listened to some Doug Stone today. then had breakfast with my bride. With all this rain, it's putting her behind schedule on getting the hay in.

Hope everyone stays warm

Happy Tuesday all.
Old September 30th, 2014, 05:10 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Supposed to be nice this week. Summit was of course canceled last night. Turns out I can still go one last time; I'm off Oct 13, which is Columbus Day, and I thought they wouldn't have it, but the cruise is listed in their events calendar.

John the sidewalk and curbs look great.

Well the dogs are done with their breakfast so I'm going back to bed. Stayed up until 3 last night. Work tonight so sleeping in is in order. See ya's later.
Old September 30th, 2014, 05:43 AM

Mawn'in all

Like Mike said, Spose to be a nice one

John, I love your home. But I jes can't picture pigs rooting around in such a nice area

Well got to go water a-gain. It jes spit rain yesterday

Have a great day Olds friends
Old September 30th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone.

Cool overcast with showers here so likely not much gonna happen outside. Where has September gone? Another couple weeks and it's going to be time to switch over to winter tires. Hey don't laugh, it's better to do it in October than freeze yer **** ding it in November. I was a little shocked the other day, it's not even close to Halloween and some stores already have Christmas lights and decorations out on shelves!

Can't eat for another hour but today I'm thinking mushroom and cheese omelet with a slice of whole wheat toast and peach juice. For now though I think it's time for a cuppa koffee.

John, I'm with Jim. Your house looks terrific.

Mike, so you have till October 13 to get those wires and polish the absolute crap out of the vert and detail the inside.

Scot, I missed something with the grandpa thing.....but congrats! I hope.

Clint, I watched a show on how,they build mohos once and it appears there's a good reason why there's no wiring diagram. It depends on the options and who's working the line.as to what and where those wires get tucked. Same with water lines, they're sposed to follow a pattern.....

Enjoy your day.
Old September 30th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Captain Starfire

Good Tiu's day to all

Moderate & muggy today... but I'll take it rather than the Arabian desert or the Arctic tundra.

Thanks all! Catch up later on... gotta' run an errand....
Old September 30th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Always room for one more

Originally Posted by Allan R

Mike, so you have till October 13 to get those wires and polish the absolute crap out of the vert and detail the inside.

Naw Allan the convertible isn't going to get a nice detailed engine compartment. The AC has been messed with and the only thing left original is the box on the firewall, but it's been modified. It has an HEI distributor and the regulator has been taken off, and the battery cables look like something that would be on Mad Max's car. Some of the things I'll eventually make right, but with the goofy look of the AC it isn't worth it to me to try to put it all back. I'll spend my efforts on the outside of the car. Now the wagon on the other hand...

Clint I think that's true for most things.

Beautiful out. Sunny and cool. Work tonight. Dark and uncool.
Old September 30th, 2014, 10:15 AM

Well, it's 20 degrees cooler than two days ago, fall keeps makin' it's way in. Took my car to get the windshield repaired from a stone chip I incurred Sunday while going to the Caddy show, they threw some epoxy in there, said it would take 30 minutes, 50 minutes later, I was on my way.
Old September 30th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan they have those 'while you wait' windshield repair stands all over the place up here. Usually there's no one in front so it really only takes 30 minutes from start to finish. You must have taken it to a shop where they had to take it in and out - that's at least a 20 minute free for all for the car jockey and setup/takedown of equipment?
Old September 30th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Always room for one more

Ah, time for work. It's Monday. Saw the foreman at Summit last night when I went in to get oil. I should get an extra day off for that. Who wants to see him in regular life? Oh good to see you he says. What are you working on. I have this and this and I had to sell this and blah blah blah.

I've always wondered about the windshield repairs. Does it leave a little spot that catches the wiper? Can you still see where the nick was?

I don't know if I've mentioned that I like Metropolitans. I've been looking around at them and I think that will be the next acquisition. I know I said I was going to get a trailer. Metropolitans are smaller.

Okay have a good evening everyone.
Old September 30th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, some windshield repairs are close to invisible but most aren't. The idea is to stop the crack from spreading by forcing the repair resin deep into the crack or chip. It also depends on the size of the repair. If it's bigger than about 1" they likely won't attempt it.

Metropolitan? Heck that thing makes a Prius look huge.
Old September 30th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Captain Starfire

Mike, I think it depends on the original chip or crack. The chips IMHO are much easier to repair invisibly than the cracks. I got a couple chips on my truck when I first bought it, so I had a guy come out to the house and repair them. To this day (over 14 years later), I still can't see where the repairs were made. This might not be typical! My poor better half is plagued with windshield woes. And I'm usually the one driving her car when it happens, unfortunately (for me).
Old September 30th, 2014, 07:51 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Long time again since my last visit.

My sales territory has expanded greatly which means lots of windshield time and some overnights. Was in upstate NY last week, going to PA the end of this week. Been bad in keeping up on here but my crazy schedule should ease up a little bit going forward so I'll be on here more often.

Originally Posted by slantflat

Darrell on the right track is good news. I've wanted to start my own business for awhile now but not sure I have the talent.

Mike - don't sell yourself short. You never know when the opportunity presents itself.

Clint - hope everything is good with you too. Did you get the VNat order yet? If not, let me know.

Have a great night, look forward to catching up with everyone.
Old September 30th, 2014, 07:56 PM

Good evening everyone!

Last week a coworker was making toast at work and did it ever smell good. A few of us asked what it was. I never knew that Cinnabon made bread! I never should have bought a loaf. It is very good.

So when I dropped off the Mustang, they told me they don't rent Mustangs or convertible. Around here, the easiest way to get a Mustang is to rent a convertible. They went through a list of choices, and the one I ended up with was... a Nissan Xterra I've never driven an SUV before. It is nice to be sitting so high, but I can feel the high center of gravity. And the 4.0L V6 is thirsty.

John, the curb work looks good.

Mike, is it shorter to list the cars you don't like?

Allan, how could you mention winter? It is still September!
Old September 30th, 2014, 09:22 PM

I took my car to a long time auto glass shop here, about two minutes from my house, I can see where the repair was made, now only about 3/32" in dia. It is very smooth and I can't catch a fingernail on it. It was about the size of a quarter, including the spiderweb of cracks. If it was in my line of view (it was on the passenger side), and/or the size of a credit card or larger, they would have replaced the windshield.
Old October 1st, 2014, 05:07 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Not a bad night at work, but a long one. Hey, the pressure is off. Monday is over.

I think the sight has gone bonkers. It's showing hundreds of posts that I've already seen, instead of just the new ones.

Paul you're probably right. How long will your car be in the shop?

Okay time to hit the sack. Have a good day everyone.
Old October 1st, 2014, 05:23 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, Good to hear from you. Sounds like things are going well? My order was filled completely. Thanks,

Paul, Nissan likes to map their FI on the rich side. They always have.

Cool in the house this morning. About 64F. Spose to cool off even more and rain this afternoon. Well gotta go load tree limbs in the Yota in the dark Have a Wednesday all.
Old October 1st, 2014, 06:08 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite chili dis mawn'in

Sandy get back over here and get off FB .................... Please

Mike, So sorry but de Super model filled my monthly quota of werk problems 'bout 7:00 a.m.
Old October 1st, 2014, 07:43 AM

I think the sight has gone bonkers. It's showing hundreds of posts that I've already seen, instead of just the new ones.
I had that happening last night, when signing into threads, seems ok this morning.