The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2015, 04:50 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite chili dis mawn'in but clear as a bell

Mike, Ya ougta make a You tube of your sing'in and post it. I' sure de pups love a European serenade.

Unfortunately de only song I know in a foreign language is

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-001

Dat oughta wake y'all up.

At de risk of offending any ISIS Oldsmobile owners. Dis $hit is really gett'in old.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old November 20th, 2015, 05:21 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Paul, Good choice. I always cheap out on the rental and end up with a Yaris or something.

London, A bit chillier here may get near 6c today but will be -10c tonight. We have a BBQ on Sunday for our race series awards ceremony. One last ride for the year. the Missus and I are gonna take the Bikes since I already have started tearing apart the Quads.

Jamesbo, you may as well get used to it. It's like Rock and roll and it's here to stay. Heck they are bringing them in by the truckloads.

Mike not sure if I posted this or not, but several years ago, I had a large branch blow off the cottonwood and land on a customers Elcamino SS thankfully it was just the windshield, but it was close to be way worse.

Have a weekend all.
Old November 20th, 2015, 08:59 AM

Zo, I'm on a local Fb page and there's a wreck very near me where a lady taking her kids to school get t-boned by an "unlicensed" driver.

After they take her off in an ambulance, Dumb ole me make de mistake of ax'in if they were "Foreign"?

I get jumped on like white on rice for not being PC

Guess what? Juan No Hablo Englise.

This PC $hit chaps my a$$
Old November 20th, 2015, 09:09 AM

Well, looks like we are going to get our first snow starting tomorrow morning, 3-6", with maybe a little more Sunday (depends on lake effect), so I better go fill the gas can.
Old November 21st, 2015, 06:37 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Jamesbo, You should know better. Newspeak.
Old November 21st, 2015, 09:48 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got up early for the dogs, had breakfast, decided to go back to bed. It was cold in the house and I just wasn't feeling it. Didn't get up until almost noon. I thought, wow I'm wasting this day. Nah, I got that funeral to go to at 3. Smack in the middle of the day. My suggestion was that the funeral be at 6, then we all go to the Awful house afterward. No one else liked that.

Jamesbo I hope the people were okay. Did you actually go to the accident? I'm kinda surprised this whole PC bs has lasted as long as it has. I mean, it was going on when I was a kid. You'd think, we'd have wised up by now. Guess not.

So, sleep breakfast, sleep lunch. Not going back to sleep. It's overcast and 50ish, maybe I can get a little something done in the house before I have to go. Work tonight, so I'll sleep late tomorrow for sure.

Have a good day everyone.
Old November 21st, 2015, 12:36 PM

Got a fire going in de mountains

Cooked 4 pans of corn bread an 8 chicken thighs fer T day dressing and 2 pounds of sausage fer sausage swirls

Mike, don't get me started. De whole town I live in has become a cut thru fer morons gett'in to de Alpharetta Autobahn as fast as de can. Going out de drive is ask'in fer a train wreck

Clint, I often feel I was born in the wrong century
Old November 21st, 2015, 01:59 PM

Pics from WW2 era at Continental Motors in Muskegon (where I live), captions are very generic. http://photogrammar.yale.edu/search/...&month_stop=12
Old November 22nd, 2015, 02:56 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

It's 6pm and I still got the worm? I think the worm moved to Toledo. If this was supposed to be the first "Don't post on the Good morning thread" day I didn't get the memo.

Gonna be cold as a mother tonight. Not sure what to wish for. If I work inside where it's warm(ish), I'll be on something big. If I work outside it will be cold and windy. Well, whichever. I got out the all-weather gear for tonight.

Dan those are cool pictures. I wish I knew more about radial engines. You know they were used in cars way back. And tanks.

Okay off to work. Hope the week starts out good for everyone. It's gonna be a short one.
Old November 22nd, 2015, 05:32 PM

I did a quick search for Muskegon Piston Ring and Sealed Power, without much luck, both started here and sold off by the founders kids.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 04:31 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

So sad that everything is mega conglomerate Dan, Talk about too big to fail. If Allied Signal goes under the country would come screeching to a halt.

Mike, Hope if you worked outside that chinook winds made it better.

Jamesbo, Me too. But then I thin of how far we've come in the personal hygiene department.

Had a beautiful day yesterday. Mid 60's and just a light breeze for the BBQ awards ceremony. The missus finished on the podium for year end points. Gonna be nice again today, but getting colder and snow by Weds./Thurs.

Have a Monday all.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 04:50 AM

Mawn'in all

Frost dis man'in. But gonna try to smack whitey later

Clint, Tell de boss Congrats from all of us.

Pretty funny golf joke in de Humor de jour thread I started years ago.

Mike, I sure hope ya got de gas turned on.

John, De coons gave away anutter one yesterday. I'm gonna give up on pro ball. They're nutt'in but a bunch of over paid bums wit dred locks

Have a Great Day OLDs Friends
Old November 23rd, 2015, 08:00 AM

Clint, congrats to the wife. Jamesbo, the Mother Superior golf joke?..that's a good one!
Old November 23rd, 2015, 08:02 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mornin All

It's a bit nippy but will be gorgeous shortly.

Tell the missus congrats Clint

Clint you ever try this from Continental Sausage in Denver? http://www.continentalsausage.com/pr....D1OLKmrM.dpbs I saw it on Andrew Zimmern and thought it would be good.

Have a great turkeyday week all And be sure not to clobber anyone on Black Friday after giving thanks for what you already have
Zimmern
Zimmern
Old November 23rd, 2015, 09:07 AM
Captain Starfire

Havin' a rather brisk week thus far in da' hills.... 'Twas a nippy 25 this mernin'.

Hit Wally World this mornin, had a Heavenly Bake Shop apple fritter, then placed a sizable order from Parts Place for the GS, which had been brewin' for a year; finally pult the trigger. Let's hope quality is all it's hyped up to be on these resto items. I'm going to ship them back EXPRESS if they're not.

Rocky Mountain Congrats to you and the Missus, Clint!

Sorry about all the traffic, Jamesbo. I feel yer pain.

Dan, I'm going to take a gander at those pic's when I get back somewhere with some bandwidth.

Visited our friends in TN on Saturday and had a decent enough time. Went to a huge indoor craft fair in Knoxville, which really wasn't my speed; but it was just an excuse to do a bit of socializing. And we had a great meal at a cozy little restaurant downtown. I'd do the meal again, but once is enough for the craft fair. And they have the audacity to charge you $8 to get in, then each of the hundred-something vendors doubles his or her prices 'cause they've been charged some outrageous fee to rent the booth.

I don't see that in my plans for November 2016.

Anyhoots, let's get back to da' subject of food, since that's my default topic: I'm dreamin' of stuffed bird w/ mashed taters, baked macaroni, and extra gravy for Thursday.

Y'all have a great (and warm)
Thanksgiving week, Oldsmofriends.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 03:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Cold as a mother last night, but thankfully I was working inside. Gonna be a whopping 2 degrees warmer tonight.

Gas man came today. Still no heat in the house. He turns on the gas and I turn on the furnace and the fan comes on and he says good to go. I wait, and wait. No heat. Fan goes off. I remember this from before. Some electronic valve isn't opening to allow the gas to the burner and after a couple minutes the fan stops. I don't know if it's a bad valve or the little computer board is not sending the signal. Guess who my heating and air guy was, the neighbor who's no more. Well, it's going to have to wait until next week. Scot what would you charge for a service call all the way up here

Good show Mrs. Clint! Good way to finish the season.

John was the apple fritter your reward for enduring the craft show?

Okay time for night 2. Have a good evening everyone. The pressure is off, Monday is over.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 08:22 PM
Captain Starfire

Originally Posted by slantflat
John was the apple fritter your reward for enduring the craft show?
I guess it's better dan nuttin', eh Mike? Man, Monday or Friday, you need to get you and the pups some heat. That's brutal. Hope you have one or two portable heaters; I love mine; have about 3 here and a few home.
Old November 24th, 2015, 05:14 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Thanks for the thanks all.

Scot. I've had Continental but not the Jackalope. We do most of our own sausage but I'll look for it.

John, I need to make a huge order too for the Suzuki's. I need to get my poop in a group if I'm gonna get these ready for AX in January.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old November 24th, 2015, 05:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Mike, Either ya need to get de heat on or find a fat girl to keep ya warm

Missed a hole in 1 by 4 " yesterday

John, One of de things dat makes me violently ill is going to cutsie shops dat reek of scented candles, Like eucalyptus or some other strong odor.

When it get warmer ya need to hit de Mountain City Flea market Usually some good buys on Craftsman tools.

Corn bread is drying out good. It oughta soak up some good flavors when I make de dressing.

GTG Family coming dis mawn'in

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old November 24th, 2015, 10:01 AM

Break time. Removed the ignitor from my oven, which hasn't been coming on, the ignitor would glow orange, but needs to be white hot in order to allow the gas valve (electric signal) to open, but not enough time to get to the parts store before going to work. Getting the bottom of the oven out was a real pain...until I figured out how easy it was! Mike, you could also have a three dog night to keep warm, just need one more.
Old November 24th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

In a stroke of genius I took tonight off. Got lots to do for my trip to Florida so an extra day will be nice. And I like not being there.

It was right at 50 in the house this morning when I got home, so the space heater came on and was on all morning. After I run a couple errands this afternoon I'm going to crank up the wood stove. I wish I could use that as my sole source of heat. One year my gas bill(like everyone's) was over 400 a month and I was so mad the next year I didn't call the gas company. I moved the TV into the spare bedroom and ran the space heater when I was in there. My bed is heated so I closed the bedroom door and it stayed, less cold, and I wore a coat when I was in the kitchen. I figured I'd go as long as I could then I'd call. Nope, it started warming up in the spring and I was so happy I beat the system! Of course I didn't have dogs to worry about. Didn't do that again, though.

Jamesbo one time I went into Bed Bath and Beyond with my mother and I started sneezing and couldn't stop. Finally I went out to wait in the car. Oddly enough, when I got outside I stopped sneezing.

I hate to think of all the huge orders I could put in for all my wrecks.

Okay going to make something of the rest of the day. Happy Tuesday everyone.
Old November 24th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Captain Starfire

Mountain hola's.... 'Twas anudder 25* mernin' here in the N. GA hills. Figgered out if I put the heat on "Emergency" I get electric heat w/out the miserable heat pump compressor cutting on half the night. Maybe it will cost a little more (?); but it sure is quieter, since our bedroom window is right above the unit.

The craft fair did have its share of cutsie odors; but that was the least of my problems. It was a huge facility, so I could usually steer clear of the overly pungent ones. But it was pretty crowded in there, and I just have no bloody interest whatsoever in 99% of the wares on display. There were a few nice folks peddlin' their stuff, and some of the photographers had some cool prints of junk yards and old trucks & stuff. Had it not been for that, it would have been an unmitigated disaster for me. (As it was, it was borderline. I'm, just not a big fan of jewelry and pottery, and my lower back really starts screaming when I'm on my feet for hours on end and not really walking.)

Clint, finished off my ordering for this round w/ a medium order from CARS, and a little order from OPGI (mostly sale items, as their stuff is usually a bit more expensive than the rest). So far, I have to say ordering was pretty easy from all, although the CARS web site is the most antiquated functioning and feeling.

Jamesbo, woosh youda' got that HIO... I'm sure that sweet taste woulda' lasted well into 2016. I'm mighty jealous of that cornbread stuffing (dressing?) you're whoopin' up. I'm making one, too, but mine starts with a Pepperidge Farm bag.

Methinks me was also born in the wrong century; but thank goodness at least I got a brief taste of sanity and order as a kid.

Scot, we're countin' yer posts. Wonder how many carts get sold & delivered Thanksgiving week. They are very popular in Tellico Village, where my buddy lives in TN. The geezers are flying up & down on them like shopping carts at Wally World.

And speaking of WW, I made my (seemingly) daily trip there this merin', since the better half announced yesterday she'd like to make one of her world-famous pecan pies on Thursday. No arguments from my corner. Peeled pecan halves must have gold filigree, though, as no nut could possibly cost that much otherwise. But it will be worth it.

Whelpt, as soon as better half returns from her neighborly visit down below, we're headed to the Chatuge Dam for a brisk walk.

Y'all have a great one, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; November 24th, 2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old November 24th, 2015, 09:42 PM

Well, we are a little busy at work, they offered overtime for Thanksgiving day (3X pay), we get Thurs.- Fri. as paid holidays, I opted to work Friday, then taking Sat. & Sunday off.
Old November 25th, 2015, 03:47 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Brisk, and brisk. The space heater is getting a workout. I sure hate to spend any more money on my mediocre furnace, especially since the AC is built in and it works great. My dream is radiant floor heating. Cha-ching.

Got a jump start on all the things I have to do before I leave tomorrow. Today I'm going to give the truck a much needed wash and clean out all the junk that's accumulated inside.

Dan it's hard to turn down triple time. We used to get double overtime for working holidays, but that quietly turned into regular overtime. I take all my holidays off, and since my department is a 24/7 operation it's like having 10 extra vacation days.

John I haven't had pecan pie in ages. I used to have a friend that had pecan trees in his yard, and I'd bring my Mom buckets of pecans. She made so many pies, which I thought was terrific, she went into pie tilt mode. That guy is still my friend but he moved and left the pecan trees behind.

I'm going to be extra early to the Awful house this morning. That's okay, got a few errands to run then a bunch of things to get ready for tomorrow. Have a good Hump Day everyone.
Old November 25th, 2015, 03:56 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike have a safe trip,

John, you want me to give you a list of Suzuki Part numbers to order?

Dan, I'm thinking I'm gonna have to go in on Friday and finish up the Scout trans. But my boss is soo tight he squeeks when he walks. I'll be lucky to make $5 an hour. And it looks like there may be some plowing to do.

I could get it all done today but I have to go in and get my head cut on today. I wonder if they'll find a brain.

Happy thanksgiving everyone.
Old November 25th, 2015, 05:15 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite chili dis mawn'in

Woke up in de middle of de night to use de ablutionary convenience, and de step son is sleep'in on de sofa.

I wish I'd listened to my grand pa "Always marry an orphan"

John, I won't tell anyone your cheat at dress'in making. Sure hope ya don't eat dat god awful KFC with the Pepperridge farms bread crumbs dressing.. But I guess de gotta sell their stale bread to sum one.

Safe travels Mike, I got an idear. Why not sell a car and buy sum gas so de poor pups don't get cold. IMHO Space heaters and dangerous.

GTG change de locks on de house before sum one else decides to crash
Old November 25th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Couple questions. Yesterday when I was changing a tire on the Dodge van I wanted to check the brakes, but couldn't get the drum off. Didn't seem to be corroded on or anything and the drum would turn, just wouldn't budge. Dumb question, is there some special way to get this thing off?

Found a radar detector in a box I was going through this morning and it says it reads X, K, and Ka. This thing is pretty old, are these bands of radar still in use? The manual says, This radar detector is NOT designed to help you break the law. Hm.

Gonna take the dogs to jail in a little bit then go get the truck ready. It will be quiet in the house tonight, and that's funny because the dogs don't usually make any noise. It's a sad quiet.

PS the reason I was changing the tire was that the tread picked up about a 3/8 bolt right in the middle. Looks too big for a plug, what's the biggest hole that can be patched with a radial patch? The tire has good tread and is only 5 years old. Hate to replace it.

Okay see ya.

Last edited by slantflat; November 25th, 2015 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Another question
Old November 25th, 2015, 12:23 PM

Mike don't put them in doggie jail. I just burned 2 dozen sausage swirls breaking up a cat fight. I think they could help me out
Old November 25th, 2015, 05:08 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Happy Turkey Day All (In case I don't get a chance tomorrow)
Gas man came today. Still no heat in the house. He turns on the gas and I turn on the furnace and the fan comes on and he says good to go. I wait, and wait. No heat. Fan goes off. I remember this from before. Some electronic valve isn't opening to allow the gas to the burner and after a couple minutes the fan stops. I don't know if it's a bad valve or the little computer board is not sending the signal. Guess who my heating and air guy was, the neighbor who's no more. Well, it's going to have to wait until next week. Scot what would you charge for a service call all the way up here
Wouldn't charge nothin for the service call Mike. Heck I saw gas in Warner Robins for $1.65 gal so jetting up there and back wouldn't take much. The trick question is when are we both off at the same time? I still need to take a gander at Jamesbo's trailer. I think I asked you before, but what set-up do you have? You said the A/C is built in, so is the furnace tied into the same ductwork? Also what is the square footage it is heating? Propane or LP gas? Reason I ask that is because I have a fairly new 3 ton drive (fan) furnace that was never used on the heat side that is all in my way at the shop.
Originally Posted by CQR

Scot. I've had Continental but not the Jackalope. We do most of our own sausage but I'll look for it.
Cool let me know if you do try it. I think sausage is the only staple that I like more than bacon

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
Mountain hola's.... 'Twas anudder 25* mernin' here in the N. GA hills. Figgered out if I put the heat on "Emergency" I get electric heat w/out the miserable heat pump compressor cutting on half the night. Maybe it will cost a little more (?); but it sure is quieter, since our bedroom window is right above the unit.
Anytime it gets below 35* F, the heat pump is running without producing much output of heat. A heat pump (believe it or not) removes heat from the inside during A/C mode and takes it outside. It does the exact opposite during heat mode. In other words it takes heat from outside and brings it in. So running in emergency or auxiliary heat mode when it is 35* or below is actually recommended.
Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
Scot, we're countin' yer posts. Wonder how many carts get sold & delivered Thanksgiving week. They are very popular in Tellico Village, where my buddy lives in TN. The geezers are flying up & down on them like shopping carts at Wally World.
It isn't unusual for me to log 250 - 300 miles on each day. Needless to say, I fill up usually once a day. Today and Tuesday I had to fill up twice

Couple questions. Yesterday when I was changing a tire on the Dodge van I wanted to check the brakes, but couldn't get the drum off. Didn't seem to be corroded on or anything and the drum would turn, just wouldn't budge. Dumb question, is there some special way to get this thing off?
I used to wack them on the side corner with said BFH. Sometimes there are two threaded holes in the front of the drums between the stud(s) Find a bolt or two that threads in and run them in about three or four turns each until it budges. Then you should be able to pull it off.

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving All
Old November 26th, 2015, 12:19 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to you all,

Good luck to all the turkeys out there!!
Old November 26th, 2015, 05:20 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy Thanksgiving!

London, you must've been talking to me specifically. Thanks!

Other turkey is in the oven (no KFC this year ).

The menu keeps growing, although it's not as lavish as when we had the whole family over. Decided to heat up some green peas and make my world-famous green bean casserole, as well. And of course, can't forget better half's (best in the world guaranteed) pecan pie -- preferably with a huge scoop of vanilly ice cream, partially melted on top and a pint-size cup of steaming café au lait to wash it down.

Blustery looking day in da' hills, but only 47* and dry, thank goodness.

Hope Mike had a safe trip and enjoys his holiday iffin' he's not among our number today.

Jamesbo, was thinking of just throwing out all this food and running on over to Helen for Thanksgiving. You game? Please wish your better half a great one today for me and my B.H. Sorry for the interlopers. In your next life, you'll be married to a 6'-tall orphan.

Clint, I'll take a rain check on the Suzuki parts ordering this time ... Lord love a duck -- it was practically mission-impossible to get my Olds, Buick, & Yamaha orders done this week. The Yamaha has these little plastic thingies called "rivets" that hold many of the body panels and plastic parts together, and of course one or two mysteriously evaporated during the big tear-down and repaint. I would think the dealers would stock these little boogers, but Blue Ridge Yamaha over here didn't have a single one in stock (and they're $3.-something apiece). So I placed a Partzilla order after the Buick & Olds orders just for good measure. I've had very good luck with bike parts thru them -- no B.S., good prices, good service. If you haven't tried them for your Suzuki parts, give 'em a shot.

So have a great one, Clint, Scot, Dan, Darrell, Mike, and Jamesbo, Jef & Bry, and all other Oldsmofriends I might have forgotten who've popped in & out over the years. Thoughts to you if you're out there, Allan. And a special prayer goes out to our heavenly friend, Sandy.

I invite everyone to join in a special grace before meals today in particular 'thanksgiving' for all the incredible gifts we've all been blessed with, this year and thus far, and to help us remember those less fortunate than we are. Hope it doesn't offend anyone or break the board rules.

Happy Turkey Day, all~!

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; November 26th, 2015 at 05:52 AM.
Old November 26th, 2015, 06:29 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Gonna leave in about 5 minutes to go get the trailer and head to Florida. Really looking forward to this. If you've never been to the Turkey Rod Run, I highly recommend it. About a thousand cars, huge swap meet, food, all inside the Daytona speedway.

Thanks John for those nice words. I've got more to be thankful for than I deserve. If I can give back half of what I've received in good fortune I'll be doing good.

Scot it's a package unit that sits on the side of the house, and only the ducts run inside. The AC is integral. It's natural gas, not sure what the square footage of my house is. Some places it's listed as 1500 and other places it's listed as 2400. That's quite a split.

Okay time to hit the road. See you guys in a few days. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old November 26th, 2015, 07:02 AM

Mawn'in all

Gett'in it done fer T-day

May we all be thankful for our many blessing and all the gifts we have received.

Also think'in of the many friends and family that no longer bless our table

Have a great one dear Olds friends
Old November 26th, 2015, 07:45 AM

Made a chocolate pecan pie with a hint of rum thrown in. Clint, you must really like your job to work for such a Scrooge . Mike, is there a brake shoe adjuster to back those off from the drum? usually accessable from the back side. Everyone have a good Thanksgiving, drive safe.
Old November 27th, 2015, 04:38 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Scot Continental has some great German sausages. I actually may have to go down and buy some today.I'm hungry just thinking about it.

Dan, The guy can be a jerk, but I'm not sure what he would do without me, and his wife is really hot. Mom made a Pecan pie and almost overcooked it. The pecans were well roasted it was delicious.

Mike, Are you taking the Airstream? Or the carhauler in case you find something you don't already have? Whack that drum with a hammer at a 45 degree angle to see if you can break it loose. It's most likely rusted on the center hole. a 3/8 hole is pretty big, but they do offer a plug/patch that should work.

John, The Suzuki has those pushpin rivets too. I buy them by the 10 pack from RMATV/motorcycle.

Happy Friday Oldsmopeople.
Old November 27th, 2015, 08:07 AM

Mawn'in all

Well It's a blue bird day soooooooooooo

I cleaned out my )P)&*^&*^*&(P*n gutters

Glad dat's done

AND I'm glad I survived anutter Thanksgiving

My sister in law has some dutch friends. and they fried up some flour, yeast, sugar concoction dat dey dusted with powered sugar. Pretty good.Wish I could remember de nmae of it.Oliebollen { I googled it]
Old November 27th, 2015, 09:33 AM

Survived T-Day, though the 80 mile drive home was fun, a heavy relentless rain. Stopped down to the third generation owned tire shop this morning, and ordered a pair of Conti True Contacts for the Aura, they give me as good of a price as the Tire Rack, so that's cool. Off to work in an hour, then to a buddy's house tomorrow for the Michigan/Ohio St. game.
Old November 28th, 2015, 04:40 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter blue bird day

Clint, Everybody safe and sound out your way?

Geeze Louise where do these nut cases come from?

John/ Mike y'all can both turn de heat off today. It's amaz'inly warm [dat is of course if Mike ever got de heat on]

GTG family com'in dis mawn'in

Have a GREAT weekend Olds friends
Old November 28th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy College football rivalry day, Olds friends. Leftover consumption is well under way; one of the best parts of the holiday. Jamesbo, I'm sure yours was better, but that cornbread stuffing was so good, it made me want to kick my dog... good thing I don't own one.

Y'all have a great weekend....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; November 28th, 2015 at 08:37 AM.
Old November 28th, 2015, 11:51 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon All

Beautiful day here, it's almost hot

Scot it's a package unit that sits on the side of the house, and only the ducts run inside. The AC is integral. It's natural gas, not sure what the square footage of my house is. Some places it's listed as 1500 and other places it's listed as 2400. That's quite a split.
Oh well, that furnace I have wouldn't work. being a package unit, it should have on board diagnostic via the circuit board. Most of them will "flash" a code as to what is wrong, if anything. Just count the flashes on the circuit board diagnostic light after resetting the power on the unit and give it a call for heat at the t-stat. Sometimes it will be the flame roll out sensor that will be open and it has a push button reset on it.
Originally Posted by CQR
Scot Continental has some great German sausages. I actually may have to go down and buy some today.I'm hungry just thinking about it.
After watching that show and looking them up online, it sure has my mouth watering

Hope all is doing well and being extra safe in their Holiday travels