The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Captain Starfire

Got dat right, Jamebo...

Looks like we're gonna' have to take the day off from painting today. Maybe I'll get out there this evening after it blows over and towel dry everything and maybe we can finish tomorrow.... I'm workin' in the front, and Better Half is in da' back.

I gots a ton of other stuff I can be doing... the guy at the paint shop said my parts are ready, so I'll mosey on over there and see what they look like. And go to the grocery. And get a haircut. And....

Scot, dems is some funny movies! Too bad Les had to go croak a bit before his time. I always liked him... my Mom used to swoon. I've probably said this before, but he was the star of Episode #1 of the old Boris Karloff-hosted show, Thriller. We have 'em all on DVD.

Y'all have a great Friday & weekend, Oldsmofriends....
Old April 10th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Rain today, you know what that means. Not very much sleep. Eh, it's Friday how bad can it be. Famous last words I know.

I don't recall if the steering on the van squeaked when I initially went to see it. It doesn't bind, doesn't drag, just squeaks. I'm not too worried about it but I'd like it better if it was quiet.

Clint how far away from DIA are you? My buddy lives in Highlands Ranch, it seems like I looked that up and it's about a half hour from you.

John hope the parts are to your liking. I hope they are better than that Ford sitting out front. Safe trip home tomorrow, hurry back.

Okay time to scoot. I'm sending Jedi mind waves out to my work so I can get off early in the morning and have all/most of the day to do my own stuff. Have a good evening everyone.
Old April 10th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Fun time at the boneyard. Got a few things for the Sonata and something for the Saturn. Had a good look at that idler pulley arrangement. Could possibly get it without removing the engine mount...Found an SL1 with brand new belt but unfortunately no AC so it's the wrong size..

Mike - WD40. No squeaks and you won't need an air freshener in the van either...

Wonderful temp outside - a blistering 70° at the boneyard and prolly about 85° in my coveralls. Grilled for din din. Mmmmm, good steaks! Fresh yellow taters smothered in butter, apergas steamed to perfection and Kale salad!! Life just doesn't get much better.
Old April 10th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Evening All

Waaaaay too much going on round here. Think I will head back to the South and hideout

Got the 70 convertable split and began to work on the frame. Definitely will be a labor of love

Allan, where are we at with curling?

Have to get caught up....

Have an Evening All
Old April 11th, 2015, 04:53 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Good night at work. Our plane got in late because of the weather. We were changing an engine. Got the old one down, found out the new one came from the shop missing one lift point. Took the engine back to the shop, they put on the new lift point, got ready to hang it and found out the forward engine mount was backward. So there it hung, by the chains, when turnover came and that was that. At least we were inside and didn't get drenched by the downpour.

I feel pretty good right now, like I could stay up. I have a feeling after a nice hot shower I will feel like crawling into bed. Sposed to be nice today, hate to waste it.

Well have a good day everyone. I'll figure out what to do after everyone has their breakfast.
Old April 11th, 2015, 06:07 AM

Mawn'in

Beautimus in de mountains

May take out Das Boat and see how she's runnng
Old April 11th, 2015, 08:13 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Cooler and overcast with showers later. Might help with all the dust in the air.

Mike, sounds like a real SNAFU last night. Nice when they can't shift the blame back to you guys.

Jim, don't forget to put in the drain plug.

Ted, Mike McEwen is at the top being chased by Brad Jacobs and Brad boo hoo. Jeff Stoughton lost his last ever competition, but the crowd gave him a standing ovation. All the games stopped to honor him as all teams applauded him. Jeff gave the final game broom to a young girl in the crowd. Sportsnet really sucks because they only selectively decide what games the televise. TSN kicks butt by covering ALL the games.

Dan, don't ya just love guys that wade into dead threads? I'm still shaking my head on that.

Gonna be a quiet one here today. Enjoy your day
Old April 11th, 2015, 08:29 AM

Dan, don't ya just love guys that wade into dead threads? I'm still shaking my head on that.
Yup, and us hayseeds on CO know nothing of Tuckers.
Old April 11th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Always room for one more

Clint you wouldn't happen to know this guy or heard of him, would you? A friend of mine said he wants to buy one, fix it up, and drive it home to Wisconsin. I'm afraid he's nuts enough to do it. The Citroen DS has got to be the ugliest car ever.

Slept until 2. Beautiful out now, I think I'm gonna go cut up an old camping trailer.

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4969840423.html
Old April 11th, 2015, 01:36 PM
CQR

Mike, I don't. Sorry. I'm about 30 minutes from DIA (good traffic) and about 30 Minutes from Highlands ranch. It would make a good triangle over the greater Denver area. DIA is NE, I'm NW, And HR is S.

Happy Saturday all.

Last edited by CQR; April 11th, 2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old April 11th, 2015, 02:08 PM

Hi All

At long last the "Yank" is back on the road looking pretty good.

Big thanks to Chris from Back to life cars. He certainly managed a resurrection of what was

A very ordinary car and has made something special. Hope you all like it.
Old April 11th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

London, what is that in the W36 striping?
Old April 11th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Always room for one more

Sharp looking car!
Old April 11th, 2015, 04:00 PM

Nice looking car. Allan, It appears to be "455".
Old April 11th, 2015, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
London, what is that in the W36 striping?
Just loved the stripes on the 442 so I thought I would put my own spin on it. Same goes for the rear spoiler.
Just a couple of subtle changes to make it mine.
Old April 12th, 2015, 03:45 AM

Mawn'in

Nice day in de mountains

Yank, Dat's a sweet drop top [hood where you come from I think]

2 poached wit corn beef hash and toast on de agenda

Looks like anutter rainy Monday com'in up
Old April 12th, 2015, 04:00 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Looks like a beautiful morning shaping up. Gonna be a junkyard day after the Awful house. I hope Monday forgets to rain.

So I think I've gotten in a little over my head. My young friend in Wisconsin has a 70s Celica he likes to take racing and it needs quite a bit of work before he can take it out again. I said I'd go up there and help him with it, but it needs some extensive sheetmetal work and from the sounds of it, structure. Neither one of us welds, so maybe we can come up with some bolt on stuff temporarily so he has some time to find someone who can weld in more permanent stuff.

John hope you guys had a good trip back to da Swamp.

Allan here is an ad for you. There's a banner ad above this message box, it is the Hyundai Sonata, and the woman is saying, This is the best INVESTMENT I've ever made!

Okay gonna get going. It's early, I want to continue on with momentum of yesterday. Didn't get a lot done but was pleased with the day. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.
Old April 12th, 2015, 05:28 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Cool one today hopefully not windy like yesterday.

Went to a bee dee partay yesterday. Philippine style. It was different.

Mike, some cars are investments only if they really appreciate over time. Don't see that ad on my putter though, and I've never seen a Hyundai as as an investment. Good reliable cars as of late but not investment. When I bought the low Saturn, I saw it as an investment of safety for my missus and son because CR rated it very highly for safety at the time. Certainly not an investment car though. I paid around 19k for it new and I think I'd be hard pressed to get 1.5k if I sold it now.

Jim, put some on fer me. Ahl bee right over.

London, the car looks nice. Personalized cars always have some uniqueness that draws the eye. Good to see the stripe in the right place.

Dan, 73 meelyun and counting...

Ted, the men's and women's semi and finals for GSOC Players Championship today. Wanna bet it's Mike McEwen or Bottcher? I like Sweeting to win on the women's side.

Time to make some koffee. Enjoy your day.
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:37 AM

Thanks for the nice comments.
As you can imagine the English are not used to the roar of a V8 opening up all four barrels and it's so much fun seeing people jump when I put my foot down.
At the traffic lights I even had an older lady in a Prius start to lecture me about saving the planet, four thousand revs soon stopped her, or I think it did, I couldn't hear a word!!
I should have done this years ago.
Beautiful weather in London this week sunny and into the low 70s.
Old April 12th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Always a good way to end a conversation with the owner of a Lunch box on wheels. That's what I call Prius anyway.

Windier here than a political rally. 2 days in a row. Who'd a thunk it?

Ted, Anna Sidorova is outcurling Eve Muirhead. Could be close. I was disappointed that Bottcher team lost to Jacobs. This aft it will be Jacobs and McEwen head to head. I'll take McEwen, someone needs to put Jacobs in his place and I think it's McEwen. find out later if I was right.
Old April 12th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Eve beats the Ruskies (Ana)with 2 steals and wins the Players Championship (Women's side). Good for her. Now it's the mens turn.
Old April 12th, 2015, 04:12 PM

A buddy of mine refers to the Prius as "Pious", due to the attitudes of the owners. Two of his nephew's have them (both friends of mine also), they are not that **** though, as one has a '70 442 4spd that he throttles, and the other has an '85 Z/28 and a '88 Iroc Z.
Old April 13th, 2015, 05:02 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Woke up a little after 2 and couldn't get back to sleep. The weekend went way too fast.

Nice looking car London, Be great to go cruising around the Moors looking for Cathy And Mr. Heathcliff.

Mmmmm Poached. Haven't had poached in ages. Or soft boiled for that matter.

Allan, You able to see the lawn yet? Bout ready for the first mowing here.

Mike. I hope its not rust on that Yota. Those really Celica's had terrible rust issues. He may be better off finding a dry car and transferring over the the go fast parts.

Have a good Monday all.
Old April 13th, 2015, 05:36 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp Elsie is fix'in to hit de flat rock so no smack'in whitey today

London, I'm try'in to get a mental pic of you driving dat drop top around. What kinda mufflers ya got?

Mike, Better get dem pups ready fer a storm. Spose to rain most of de week

Allan, Are any of the curlers [now dat sounds weird to me] Pros are all de ammeters?

Watch de Masters yesterday wit de Super model. She kept googling players. And now knows more about their lives, girl Friends etc dan she does about what's a double Eagle. Kinda like reading golf trash magazine [ if there is such a thing]

Have a GREAT week Olds friends
Old April 13th, 2015, 07:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Brisk 32* here this mawnin. Spoda warm up tho.

Sad face. Brad Jacobs wins men's side ONLY because McEwens front end over swept his draw shot 2" too far. Darn it anyway.

Jim, none of these events I bin describing are ammeter. Dere all perfess. An yes der are pro curlers same as der are pro whItey whack ears, footyball,baseball an such. Good question tho, I'd prolly ask de same bout Spieth if I dint know about how he got to de masters. I mean, how hard izit ta hit a ball wit a stick?

Clint, yes sir the snow is gone now. Ground is still froze in a lot of places though. Maybe in a week or so I'll put the de thatcher on the mower and get it ready for fertilizer and growing season.

Mike, how'd it go with the Yota?

Well, at least it's not windy. Enjoy your day.
Old April 13th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

No Awful house today. I stayed up until 130 talking on the phone, and didn't get up until 930. Different crowd this late, might as well take my time getting ready for the day.

My friend with the Toyota is in Wisconsin. We need to come up with a time I can go up and help him. This car has more rust than good metal, but for some reason I have yet to figure out, he wants to find good cars and cut them up to patch up this one. Luckily for the good cars, he doesn't have a lot of money and no skills. My role in the project would be to help attach a few random parts and to be positive. Wow, that will be a challenge. I'm usually Mr. Negative.

Jamesbo it was supposed to be nice yesterday and we had rain most of the day. Not a lot, just enough to irritate me. Sprinkles already started up today, so it's inside stuff for me. Got a couple errands to run this morning.

Clint I'm gonna fly in Friday afternoon, and see if we can swing by on the way back to my buddy's house. Not sure how late I'll get in, how late do you stay on Fridays? Maybe the boss will give you an early-out.

Okay, heading out to the hometown of Doc Holliday. Gonna see if I can round up a speedometer cable for the van. This time, though, when they tell me they don't have it, I'm going to get the part number so I can do a search online. So happy Monday to everyone see you all later.
Old April 13th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by slantflat
Clint I'm gonna fly in Friday afternoon, and see if we can swing by on the way back to my buddy's house. Not sure how late I'll get in, how late do you stay on Fridays? Maybe the boss will give you an early-out.
Now that's right funny. Mike? Clint IS the boss/owner.
Morrison Car Works You'll recognize some of the photos..
Old April 13th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Always room for one more

Uh yes Allan I know this. I was being a wiseguy.

Went to the Dodge place today. The guy says there is only one cable left in the whole world and it's in Texas. Well I guess I'll call Texas. Hope I don't have to fly out to get it.

Looks like it's clearing up a little here. Seems a little humid to me, too. Maybe I can go change some oil or something. I don't want to sit in the house all afternoon. Oh there's the TV remote...
Old April 13th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Okee dokee Mike. No worries, I didn't know you knew that. So yer a wiseguy huh?? Movie star in our midst all the time and we didn't know it? Looks like you were a bit younger and thinner back then

That Dodge cable sounds like the story Crystal Glass told me when I was looking for a replacement back glass for my Cutlass. (back in 87). They said it was in TX too (must be a honey hole for car parts or sumpin??) and it would cost 600.00!!! plus shipping I went to the boneyard and found one that had tint, defog on glass and only cost 20.00. Shoulda known to take the harness and dash plate too My buddy helped me get it out. Hot work in 80° weather. Hotter for the guy inside than outside. Hope the Dodge peeps have your cable!
Old April 13th, 2015, 02:15 PM

[QUOTE=Jamesbo;811267

London, I'm try'in to get a mental pic of you driving dat drop top around. What kinda mufflers ya got?

Not actually sure what make they are but they are 3 inch pipes that hang a couple of inches too low.
Too many speed humps in London which can be a pain.
Old April 13th, 2015, 06:50 PM
Captain Starfire

Home Sweet Home

Back at the Swamp this evening. I have to say, the ol' F-150 is such a pleasure to travel in. It fits my big-**** frame. Having that 5.4 is so sweet in this era of 4s & 6s. So I'm enjoying the $2 gas while it lasts.

So's, we put whatever the heck we want in the bed (usually fairly full, believe it or not), zip up the TruXedo TruXport, load up the 3 kitties, and hit the road.

Wound up painting all day Friday, Sat., & Sunday. Balconies are finally starting to look good. Got a whole coat of paint on the rear railings, which took about a day & a half; they need another whole coat when we get back. Got almost thru most of the touch-up's of the front, but still have a few of the support posts to do.

More good news was that I got the pieces back for the bike and they're fairly nice -- not the absolute best I could imagine, but for $200, I'd say very nice. I can spot the remnants of 3-4 fisheyes scattered among the 3 pieces, and I'll be the only one who would see them. So it's back to gether for the Yammie when we go back.

Whelpt, y'all have a great week, Oldsmofriends.
Old April 14th, 2015, 04:59 AM

Mawn'in all

Elsie's ere

Mike, Hope you didn't falll asleep in a cargo hole. De pups would miss you during your unintended flight.

John, Glad cha made it back to de swamp. Didn't know de kitties traveled wit cha. Would you like a few more? Sylvia [ de Super models' Tuxedo] has taken to sleeping on my head

Allan, 1 mo curl'in question and I shut up. Do they have sponsor packages like golfers i.e Do de get $$$ fer wearing a Molson hat? while on de ice.

Scot, Come out come out where ever you are.

London, When I was a pup I had a 66 Austin Healey 3000. Besides drowning out in every mud puddle the pipes scrape everytime I went outa de drive way. An dis was way back before many speed bumps were around. Can't imagine now a days

Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 14th, 2015, 05:40 AM
Damsel in Distress

Morning uall

@ Sammy yes come all the way down south like san Antonio, and come and fix my car.....

Sunny and blue skies today here, warm...rain finally stopped chiwawas..

Getting ready for work, which Im not n the mood

when the cutlass is down so am I, got the blues for other reasons but at least when driving the cutlass it makes me feel better

Viewing/Rosary for my oldest sister on wed and mass thrs..

annywaays..everyone have a good day

peace and love to all

Last edited by becerra66; April 14th, 2015 at 05:53 AM.
Old April 14th, 2015, 06:16 AM

WITH rue my heart is laden For golden friends I had, For many a rose-lipt maiden And many a lightfoot lad. By brooks too broad for leaping 5 The lightfoot boys are laid; The rose-lipt girls are sleeping In fields where roses fade.
Old April 14th, 2015, 06:20 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Nice 39* mawnin but rain and cooler this afternoon. Skeeters are already out which is not good. They're the small ones that bite.

Jim, no worries. I don't mind questions. The answer is yes. If you look at the team uniforms they are adorned with sponsors sorta like an Indy race car. Without sponsors I doubt most of the team could afford the constant traveling, entry fees and accommodation. There are also major sponsors like Ford, WFG etc that help cover the promotion and hosting of the events. Hey, if y'all want to wear a Molson hat, that's cool. I wear different ones from Siemens who gave me promo hats. They were the sole source supplier of our trains so a couple hats isn't going to bust their promotion account.

Mike, hope you're feeling better this mawnin. Things are what they are. No karma involved. I'd love to go with ya to Awful House and just yak.

Clint, sup? Not like you to e so late. Mailing chicks?

Terry, sometimes ya just gotta take life by the horns instead of letting it take your reins if ya get my drift. She's smiling down on you so think about the good times. I know you'll miss her but she'll always have a special place in your heart. Posted more pics for you.

John, what's Tiu telling ya today?

Scot, hmmmm? I know yer lurking, Brian too.

Hopefully the last of the ice will melt au jourd-hui. Enjoy your day.
Old April 14th, 2015, 06:37 AM
CQR

Morning.

Allan, Sorry. Doing some research today. Dang work is gettin in the way.

Terry, Sorry for your loss.

My Female friend from High school autoshop is bringing in yer 442 for a gear change today. Don't have room for it yet, but we'll get her in.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old April 14th, 2015, 06:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Clint, what year and gear change is she looking for?
Old April 14th, 2015, 06:45 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by CQR

Allan, Sorry. Doing some research today. Dang work is gettin in the way
do tell sir! I believe you're becoming Canadian. We seem to say 'sorry' bout dang near everything. Sorry bout dat!
Old April 14th, 2015, 07:24 AM

Clint, post a pic of her car.
Old April 14th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Damsel in Distress

@ Allan thats the only way I roll by the horns...thank you I will go check what you posted been swamp at work today..

Alll of our testing websites are down