The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2015, 08:28 PM

The foot tends to bother me a bit more every day, would like to get surgery done and out of the way.
Old April 1st, 2015, 04:44 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Dan how long before surgery?

Allan, We're spose to get snow tonight and tomorrow too. I'm gonna stop buy ace tonight and get me some ground up chicken poo in a bag for the lawn. Was almost 80 yesterday.

Mike. I have it bad too. I usually make a big purchase come spring time. But I've been pretty good the past couple of years. I don't have the money this year and don't have anything I really need either.

Jamesbo. How a bout a pic of the place in the throws spring? How'd the downed tree work out?

Ted. It can be. But I've finally gotten the missus trained that she doesn't have to win to have fun. That seems to have slowed the injuries a little. We've raced soo long, it would be hard not to.

Have a Humpday all.
Old April 1st, 2015, 05:13 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone,

Not so nice here. Lucky we didn't get the snow, but did get more rain and winds are sure howling.

Yesterday a guy replied to the ad I had on line for my Cutlass. We have Kijiji up here, sorta like CL down there. Anyhoo he's coming by today and seems like he's more than willing to pay the ask even though there's still a bit left to make it drivable. Little things like fill with gas, chase down the RF brake line leak, wheel align and new mufflers. I told him I'd also give him a full documentation of the cars restoration to date. Looks like it could be outta here by the weekend. Not giving him all my parts stash so I'll be starting to post that in the Parts for Sale shortly after the car leaves. That means I'll finally be able to park in the garage and de boy will park on the other side when the Saturn goes. Won't lie, the money from the sale will be a nice chunk o change to do some upgrades to the house before we put it up for sale next year. I guess in the long run this works out for the best as it would have cost a fortune to have the car shipped to the new location.

Clint, chicken poo for the lawn? Why not just fling some of Earls stuff on there and water it in?

Dan, sorry to hear it's getting worse. Maybe with luck they can move it up if you nudge them and complain more about the pain?

Canada hits the ice shortly taking on Swizzerlend.

Onee dokee, koffees hot. Enjoy your day.
Old April 1st, 2015, 05:20 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Uhhhhhh? Did not know you were selling your car Allan. Bummer. Do you think you will get another after you move? I do not see it on Kijijij....I would float it

Last edited by sammy; April 1st, 2015 at 05:27 AM.
Old April 1st, 2015, 05:27 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Highly likely Ted. It'll be close to the U.S. West coast. Seems like they have barn finds popping up there all the time. Maybe something like a mid fifties I can resto mod. Hey look at it this way, I can get a good $$$ out of this one and likely not have to pay a lot for a new one. Maybe start looking into the rat rod look so the cost factor also goes down. There's quite a following for rat rods and they don't even need paint or interior to speak of. Need to consider that I'm getting younger all the time. Interested in a new 60 gallon compressor and media blaster?
Old April 1st, 2015, 05:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Might hafta look into a Chebbie though cause there's way more offerings and parts availability than Olds. Besides, I wouldn't want to desecrate a brand I spent a generation learning about and working on. I'll still hang out here even if the cars gone.
Old April 1st, 2015, 05:39 AM
CQR

I'll give you $12.56 USD for the Media cabinet.

Shipped.
Old April 1st, 2015, 05:49 AM

What is the world coming to?
Old April 1st, 2015, 05:51 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yore all hart. I got a good deal on it when I bought it, but not that good. Lessee now, dat would work out to around $412.84 CAnadian? Shipped? Hey I'd rather deliver it in person.
Old April 1st, 2015, 06:00 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by sammy
Uhhhhhh? Did not know you were selling your car Allan. Bummer. Do you think you will get another after you move? I do not see it on Kijijij....I would float it
I pulled the ad because the guy pretty much guaranteed the sale. It was priced fairly high so I was expecting it to be there quite awhile. Also had 18 pics of it that showed a lot of detail, and have a folder with all the work done and receipts for parts. It was in the Edmonton and area under Classic Cars.
Old April 1st, 2015, 07:20 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Allan, just out of curiosity, why didn't you post the car 4 sale on CO?
Old April 1st, 2015, 07:38 AM

Dan how long before surgery?
Not until the end of May.
Maybe with luck they can move it up if you nudge them and complain more about the pain?
They will let me know if something earlier opens up, must be a busy surgeon.
Yesterday a guy replied to the ad I had on line for my Cutlass.
WTF!!!
Old April 1st, 2015, 07:43 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Thought about it, but decided there were enough local buyers to support the sale. Most of the time on CO there are just a lot of tire kickers and the threads go really off topic. Besides, no one in the US would have considered the asking price.
Old April 1st, 2015, 07:47 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Well, I am excited 4 you but a the same time kinda bummed....good that you will be sticking around
Old April 1st, 2015, 08:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

thanks Ted. You see the Swizzerlend game? Canada was on their game and won handily. Lots of steals. First time I saw Simmons flash a rock though on his last shot. Onwards and upwards. Still tied vit Thomas fer first as he easily pummeled the Eyetalyens. Didn't wear his fancy golfing getup today. I see an article in today's news about him setting a fashion statement.
Old April 1st, 2015, 08:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Clouds and weak sun here today, but warming up to around 50*. Tomorrow supposed to be around 70* but rainy/stormy. I'll take the warmth! Supposed to be cooling off again and snow chances this weekend.

Thanks for the thoughts, friends. Came through the surgery just fine. The worst part of the whole thing is when they have to put in the IV. I just hate needles since everyone hurt me so bad in 2012 when I was going through that kidney crap. Lord! My palms sweat just thinking about it. Up to that point, I was never afraid of needles.

I'm very sore today. He went back in to my abdomen to get rid of more of that bulge. It's very stinging and burning feeling today. Glued together again. He did liposuction on the side of my right breast below the underarm. Said I have to keep all this gauze packed in there for about 3 months so the skin stays pushed in. I guess it will sag or something if it doesn't have constant pressure on it - my brain was fuzzy yesterday when he was talking, lol. I haven't had the bandages off yet, I'm supposed to shower today. I guess I have little foam rings around the new nipples. I have to put some ointment on them every day and keep these foam rings around them. I'm afraid to look, lol! I will wait until Larry gets home to shower. I feel better with someone here. The surgery took a little over 2 hours, Larry said. I go on the 9th for my post op checkup.

Hopefully I will like the results and won't have to have any more surgeries! To early to say right now. I will look the way I want to though. I'm paying for it!! I didn't like the right one, so he worked on it again.

I went to see my regular doc, Dr. Bressi on Monday about this back pain. She felt around my back, made me lean forward and such. She says it's lumbarsacrila or something like that. I still don't even know what I did. But I've had the pain for over 3 weeks now. She took x-rays and wants me to do some physical therapy. So I have to find a place that has late hours so I don't miss work, and make sure they're in Cigna's network. There's a place right by Giant Eagle so I'm going to check with them. I was feeling soooo friggin good!! This too shall pass though.

So I took Teepo for a spin around the block last Sunday. She liked being out in the sun! There's still a lot of debris on the sides of the roads like in turning lanes and such. I worried about getting something in her tires. Plus the roads are in such bad shape I don't want her to get shook to pieces. They're planning a lot of road construction this year from what I read in the paper. They're going to be doing major resurfacing on Rt. 91. It needs it desperately!!

The Riverfront starts cruisin on May 11th. I put on the calendar to take a half day of vacation. We have the Olds spring dustoff on May 5th. Hope the weather is good. We're supposed to have snow on Sat. & Sunday. This sucks......

Got my paint from Eastwood. Her air cleaner doesn't really need painted, but I figured I should do something. Still have to order the new stickers. Fusicks doesn't show the QK sticker for the oil filler tube, so I guess I have to get that one elsewhere. Bob told me he'd paint the air cleaner and also put her on a lift to see where the tranny is leaking from. I looked under her Sunday before I started her, and there's 2 bolts at the back of the tranny and it was wet there, and also on a cross member bar or something that's under where those 2 bolts are. So I don't know if that's where the rear seal is or not. But Defer replaced the rear seal last spring. I don't know. I added tranny fluid when we got back from our drive. I love driving that car!!!! I parked her back out in the rear garage so I can keep Tincanio in the house garage until it ever decides to stop snowing. Maybe by July.....

I'm off work the rest of the week. Well we have Friday off anyhow. So I'll probably have the payroll lady use time off without pay for a couple of the days. Don't want to use up all my 7 days of sick time yet!!

I invited Jean down for Easter dinner. Don't know if she'll come, she's supposed to let me know. I'm going to miss Nicole when I color eggs. We always did that together. Lin is going to Tina's for Easter. Jr. will be over to join us. We got a nice 10 lb ham. Yummmmm..... I remember last year when I couldn't eat the ham or my deviled eggs cause of the chemo. I am soooo thankful this year!

Clint.... Yeah, I wondered too why he said to bring tissues? Guess they were playing with our heads like they're known to, lol. Now there's 2 new guys killing people. The wolves. I don't get that whole thing. I thought for sure the walker was going to kill Glen in the woods and that Daryl and Aaron were going to get it trying to get in to that car! Glen should have killed Nicholas... I wonder what the new and improved Morgan thought looking at Rick all bloody and shooting Pete! I'm sure he didn't like it. He's a changed man, lol. Now we wait for 7 months. Arrggghhhhh!!!!

Well I guess I'm gonna listen to some Joel again and lay down. I had country videos on the last few hours. You all have a great April Fool's day!!!
Old April 1st, 2015, 08:42 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Yowza just woke up. We got some pretty bad storms last night and the dogs kept me up until about 4. My neighbor called me about 9 and woke me up, and I thought, I guess I should get up. I closed my eyes and suddenly it was after 11.

Sandy I'm glad everything worked out so well.

You know what, I think I'm going to take a page from Scot's book.
Old April 1st, 2015, 10:15 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy April Fool's Humpity, folks! Sandy, glad things seem to be headed in the direction of long-term peace and being in one piece... Here are some more prayers and hopes that you've crested the mountain -- and that it will be downhill all the way.

And speakin' of mountains, it's a gorgeous one here today. We got a little taste last nite of what Mike got this morning. But it's dried up now and spose to stay that way at least for today, then back to ol' Elsie on (Holy) Thursday. Made a run to Heavenly Bake Shop and had some heavenly confections for breakfast. Awesome.

Allan, sorry so late with the response (I fergot), but no, I don't encounter Mr. No-Shoulders too often in da'Swamp. I've seen a few, and that one last year or so (black racer?) really startled me, 'cause he was so fast, long, and close. But I do think of 'em frequently when I'm down on all fours pulling weeds in the same patch I saw him in....

So, it's back to the garage for now... Have a great one, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 1st, 2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old April 1st, 2015, 10:41 AM

Allan, is selling your car an Aprils fools joke?
Old April 1st, 2015, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155

X2 I didn't know de had dat in Canada
Old April 1st, 2015, 12:59 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Ummmm ....never thought of that.....
Old April 1st, 2015, 01:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Are you kidding me?? Today's April 1. OMG!! This was my FIL's BD!! RIP Felix. The 'other' significance of this date completely slipped my mind....

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
X2 I didn't know de had dat in Canada
We gots lots of stuff up here dat yewd prolly love ta experience. Sorta like Ted goin to NO for a culture speerience. We duznt have prezidents day tho, but we gots stuff like 'gullible day' ever so offen..

Ummmm ....never thought of that.....
Ted, you are a great guy. I was impressed that you'd have been willing to float the car to ONT. Sadly I guess I did pull the wool on ya bud. Sorry but it was a fun April Fools prank. Hope no hard feelins?? That car is going to be with me for a lot longer. It has a tremendous amount of sentimental value since it was my Dad's car. I think he would prolly be chuckling at you guys and winking at me for this conniving fools scheme of mine. Somehow I just knew you would be checking the Kijiji site for it. I guess it might have sounded purty convincing to ya. When you come through Edmonton next time, I'll make it up to ya with a cold one ok?

Canada's win on the ice was for real though
Old April 1st, 2015, 06:41 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Hehe, ya got me Allan...hook, line and sinker!. And yes, if it was on Kijiji, I would have bought it and returned it to you. And, yes I would have floated it for you for nuttin!. And, you are a good fibber..... I had a plan already going thru my head, as to how I would purchase or float the car for/from you. And, no hard feelings, just you are buying lunch when I come to see ya

Have an Evening All
Old April 1st, 2015, 08:20 PM

Allan, you devious potlicker!
Old April 1st, 2015, 08:26 PM

Sandy, glad to hear that things went well with your surgery.
Old April 1st, 2015, 08:26 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hello Oldsmofriends. Was 50 and sunny here today, finally starting to warm up.

Got some time yesterday to start putting back on the bumper fillers on the 85 Riv. They are an improvement over the 1st gen fillers but they are still not easy to get them to fit right. It took me about 2 hours to carefully get one of the front ones in there with all the trim too. Hopefully the rest won't take as long. Still waiting for my rechromed front bumper to come back from the platers. I'm trying to get it ready for the Riviera show in Illinois at the end of June.

Sandy - I hope that you're happy with the results and do not need to go through any more surgeries.

Allan - sorry to hear you have to sell your Cutlass. Didn't realize you had all these big plans from selling your car and your house.

Dan - Hope you're able to get that taken care of quickly.

Clint - I thought the last episode of TWD was so good I had to watch it again. Glad I have it on my DVR, it's going to be a long 7 months. Thought your weather was warmer, I guess it winters last revenge, LOL.

Have a good night all.
Old April 1st, 2015, 08:50 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Sounds like you got Darrell too
Old April 1st, 2015, 09:11 PM

Should we tell 'im?
Old April 2nd, 2015, 02:56 AM

Mawn'in all

Worm

Gotta beat feet to de doc's in de big city at zero dark thirty

Allan, Ya got me on 2 counts. BTW What year is it in de frozen north? Is dis de year of de Moose or Polar Bear. I never can remember
Old April 2nd, 2015, 05:31 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, I'm kinda glad for the hiatus. I need to get stuff done and not sit around in front of that tube.

Jamesbo, good luck with the doc. hope its better news than my pop got.

I can say I was only fooled for about 3 minutes with Allans Shenanigans. He obviously sleeps better than I and didn't get up near early enough.

Hope everyone has a fabulous throwback.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 06:19 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone. Dare I come in this mawnin . And here I thought I'd put my fishin rod away for the day. Gotta say it got some good action and fer awhile I thOught it was gonna break. Life needs to have some fun or it gets boring eh?

Was a. Wry nasty weather day yesterday. Today isn't windy but temps below freezing again. Spoda snow and rain later.

Jim, its de same year as you got son. Er diidja mean what year izit in my head? Wouldn't make much diffrent wit my antics. Today up here it's a speshully holiday called "recovery day" yew tink dat might fly 2 days innarow? Axshully it's de year ov our currency - de loonie.

Clint, I sleep like a baby except I don't wet or soil myself actually I call an all nighter a sleep dats not interrupted ta go pee. Not like in my younger days when it meant something completely different. I didn't expect you would be fooled BTW.

Dan/Ted, yeah you guys tell him.

Darrell, good to hear the progress on the Riv.

Last day of round robin. Carter has been really struggling last 2 games. Canada is down 1 going into the 4 th. Simmon makes a nice triple run back for the blank. Nice shooting.

Enjoy your day.

Last edited by Allan R; April 2nd, 2015 at 06:28 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 09:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

One more to go! Win over Finland with the last rock by the slimmest of margins. On to the Eyetallyuns. If Norvay loses der last game and Canada wins their, Canada gets starting hammer in the 1-2 game. Less den an hour ta wait.

Ted - you following along? Anyplace in particular you want that lunch??
Old April 2nd, 2015, 05:34 PM
GM Enthusiast

Sounds like you got Darrell too
Yep Sammy, he did. I forgot what day it was, guess I should have known. LOL
Old April 3rd, 2015, 04:53 AM

Worm, coffee!
Old April 3rd, 2015, 05:01 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin All

A balmy 13C yesterday!

Allan, I have been relying on you for curling updates...I began to tear down the 70 cutlass convert and have been in the shop everyday this week. The car is rough, but it is all there and solid...here I go again

Clint, ya gettin anymore winter down your way?

Mike, how's the painting coming?

Darrel, glad I was not alone...I feel much better

Jim, ya need to come up for a visit...we got a pretty good setup North of the 49th

Back out to the shop....I have started it....no turning back

Have a Day All
Old April 3rd, 2015, 06:27 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice but spose ta get wet later

Monday they're calling fer rain a-gain Like fer the 3rd week in a row.

Sammy, I was up in de Lorentian mountains when a tornado hit my home. Didn't know it cause all de TV was in French. Never seen markers on the top strand of bob wire cause it was snow piled up dat high. Guess it was to show skiers/snowmobiles whar not to go Think in 2 weeks it got up to a hgh of -8

Tanks fer de invitation but Sorry, I'm wit Sandy, I wanta live in Margarita ville
Old April 3rd, 2015, 07:23 AM

But wait, there's more!
Old April 3rd, 2015, 07:31 AM

I got a second opinion on the front end this morning, from someone that I have used many times in the past. $836 instead of $2200, They are not concerned with the weeping from the steering rack, don't worry about the weeping strut, not bad, it can wait. Lower ball joints are bad, right stabilizer link, 2 outer tie rods.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 07:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Friday y'all

Snowd a skiff last night and it's slightly cooler. Must be punishment for the over normal high temps we had earlier. Any of you doing anything special for Easter this year?

Ted, the last 2 games of Round robin weren't played all that well IMO. It's like,e the Simmons rink has lost thEir magic, especially Carter and Johnny Mo. Still they ended up winning a tighter than shoulda been game against the Italians. Today John Shuster USA plays in a tiebreaker against FinLand. John has been playing very well and deserves to win. Then at 4:30 AB time it's the much anticipated 1-2 game (rematch) of Norvay vs. Canada. That should be a close matchup. You should be done working on the vert by the time it hits the air down in Port Perry at 6:30?

Jim, we gots margritville up here too. Long as ya can keep it twixt de navigational beacons of de 401 and de OPP. Visit in de warm spell an a purty er place you'll never see. BTW we gots de links up here too, but no carts. Ya has ta ride horses twixt greens. Dat also helps fertilize de grass an de ponies maneecures de edges of de greens. Best of all no mr. No shoulders in de long grass....

Mike/Scot, you guys hangin out? Haven't seen ya here fer awhile. Is that what you were saying back a few days ago Mike?

Dan, a potlicker?

Clint, where is and how to replace Saturn SOHC oil sending unit. Can't find that in the Haynes manual I have. I'm going to reinstall that stupid alt cover and figure if I'm going to do that I MAW do that sender.

Late start here. Time to put on some wake up juice. Enjoy your day.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 08:01 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan, that's a better estimate, but likely only half the work. Still sounds like a lot of $$. Struts aren't hard to replace and you can get the readdybuilt ones from Monroe pretty cheap. They including wheel align in that quote, cause you'll need one.

So is the Saturn still under that warranty and does it need to be fixed? Sounds like GM is encouraging owners to do nothing until there's a failure and by that time the warranty extension will have run out.