The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2015, 06:22 AM

Rain. Grass is getting a bit high, need it to stop raining long enough to dry out so's I can cut it.....and trim the hedges.
Old May 10th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Mothers Day. Do something nice for your missus or mudder.

Gonna be beautiful day here, plenty o sunshine and around 65.
Old May 10th, 2015, 09:02 AM

Afternoon everyone
Nice day in London, just got back from a classic car show, plenty of American muscle there. Around 80-90 U.S cars including at least 9 Olds.
Everyone seems to be into the 'rat' look. Don't get it myself. Patina just seems to mean dented and rusty!
Lovely day to have the roof down and the shades on.
Old May 10th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Afternoon All

Lots of heat around these parts today...calling for rain in the pm

LC sounds like you have more Olds showing up than we do

Allan, took your advice and gave my wife some new wheels

My son played an exhibition football game a a local University...almost time for the big leagues...great experience for the team..

Have an Evening All
Old May 10th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ted, that's not exactly what I said but if it works, good for you. What did she get? New rims or a new ride?
Old May 10th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone Happy Mothers Day.

I was so tired last night I went to bed before midnight and still slept until noon. Well, I got up at noon. The dogs woke me up a couple times but they were fairly relaxed all morning.

This afternoon I went and got some gas for my neighbor's mower, and then couldn't figure the thing out. It looks like it's missing parts, so instead of screwing it up completely I just put it back. Got out the electric mower and mowed until I ran out of cord.

London I agree whole heartedly with you about "patina." I don't get the people who clear over patina. Nor do I get the people who paint their car to look like it has patina.

The thermometer on the back porch said 90 this afternoon. Awesome! No rain in sight. Waxed the Mustang yesterday. I was only going to do the front bumper, since I'm taking it to Florida I didn't want the bugs to stain it, but I figured what the heck, might as well do the whole thing it needed it. Got it vacuumed out, too.

Work tonight and tomorrow, then off Tuesday and early Wednesday I'm leaving. This week is my sister's week long birthday party.

No idea what's in store for me tonight. Hope everyone's week starts out good. Have a good night everyone.
Old May 10th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Originally Posted by Allan R
Ted, that's not exactly what I said but if it works, good for you. What did she get? New rims or a new ride?
Bought her the X5...used and had everything that a person needs to make a daily commute comfy. My son is getting her Mazda3...and we spent the day in the garden doing stuff that she wanted done...now I am makin pizza for supper with all the trimmings....hopefully that snow has disappeared for ya!
Old May 10th, 2015, 05:04 PM

Ya know, I went fishin' the other day but they (that's you guys) didn't bite
Well, I got registered for STD this morn. ,
not even a nibble, ya must be wise in yer years
Old May 11th, 2015, 04:21 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Dan, That stuck out like a sore thumb. I was going to say something but then I thought about those wise words from Admiral Ackbar. I hear you about drying out. We have had close to 4 inches of precip in that week or so. and the lawn got mowed half azzed before that because it was too long then. Now I have some that is probably 15" high.

Ted, just curious what trimming go with Pizza? I can only think of Beer.

Mike, send some of that global warming my way please. We had about 4" if snow on the ground yesterday Morning. It was gone by 2. Toppled the neighbors crabapple tree into their house. We lost a couple little limbs so we lucked out.

London, I'm with you. Ratting things out here is rear big. and some of the stuff they come up with is hideous.

Jamesbo, it's still high, but we are still ok for now. I'm hoping we get into a drying pattern or we may have issues. 7 miles downstream from the store it's real high and angry (Thats where my shop is) But I'm across the way from it. My shop is next to a small stream that is about 10 times faster than it usually is, but it still need to come up about 6 feet before it comes out of its banks.

Have a Monday all.
Old May 11th, 2015, 06:42 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Taking the Sonata in shortly to get the front end repainted. Paint should not be cong off after only 2500 miles.

Cool anD clear. Spoda be nice later. Moms day was good for de missus. Gotta do that again shortly for her BD. double whammy like kids born close to Krimmitz.

Kwik kuppa koffee and I'm on my way. Enjoy your day.
Old May 11th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all

Short "Mernin'" dis mernin -- screwed up my arm yesterday scraping crap out-u-da gutters on side of the garage. I'm still gonna' take 'em down one of these years; but had a few minutes to burn yesterday and decided to get up on the ladder. Wish I hadn't. But anyhoots, time heals all wounds. So, hopefully in 4-5 years, I'll ferget all about it.

Clint, send some of that chill down our way... I'm still in disbelief you guys are still getting pounded in May.

Jamesbo, glad S.M. liked it... I don't send out too many, but this joke was one of the better, I must admit. (Essentially political, so can't post here.) Since our mountain trip getting close and we still have a little trimming to finish on the deck rails, I'll be picking our ur brush...

Where Sandy B?

Have a great week, Oldsmofriends...

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 11th, 2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old May 11th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Just an Olds Guy

LOL, just found out how to remove oil drips from the driveway really effectively. Scrub down with a degreaser like Zep Orange to get the majority of it away, rinse, then shoot with brake cleaner and brush it. Rinse with water before it turns to that white efferevescent color and you're golden.

The body shop manager (not the owner) took in my car this mawnin. He was NOT happy to see me. Tough *******. He looked disgusted that I would complain. 'What's wrong with it?' he asks. In all honesty if he couldn't see it had more chips than a bag of Doritos? He needs to be in a different job. Finally he say's its the paints fault. No **** Sherlock! So I'll be getting the car back in about 3 days. Meantime I'm driving the low Saturn.

Hey Mike/Clint - here's one for you. The idle (after warmed up) will fluctuate from about 650 down to around 500 for a second then bounce back up to normal. It does that about every 30 seconds or so. I'm wondering if it's a fuel issue because I can't see that being a vacuum leak. Vacuum should increase the RPMs right? I'm wondering if it needs a replacement fuel filter. The car runs fine when driving and goes ok with throttle, so I don't think it's a fuel pump issue. No codes thrown on the OBDII.
Old May 11th, 2015, 01:24 PM
CQR

Allan, you don't have your defrost on do you?
Old May 11th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Good day for sleeping. Got home a little late. Dogs only got me up a couple times today. I should quite saying dogS. It's my boy that comes and wakes me up. I think my girl would sleep all day long if no one bothered her.

Allan I second Clint's idea. Sounds like the compressor is cycling. Your Saturn should have separate buttons for the AC and recirc. Not sure, but if you have the recirc button pressed in even by itself I think the compressor still cycles.

Another day at 90. Clint how much do you want? My yard has finally taken a breather from the tremendous growth it's been having.

Friday tonight. Last night was busy all night long. Wouldn't mind it to be a bit lighter tonight, I have to stay up in the morning and do some running around.

Okay have a good night everyone.
Old May 11th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Clint/Mike
No gentlemen. The AC wasn't running, and the defog/defrost is not in play. I put the circulation to vent position. I know that AC will cycle in defrost position to keep the compressor seals from drying out. And I also know about the AC recirculate feature.

The drop in rpms occurs when the engine is warmed up - at cold temp it runs at higher rpm as designed. Once it reaches operating temp (about 190°) the idle drops become pronounced. It's enough to make the car feel like it's stumbling. I don't think it's a vacuum issue, and I'm sure it's not related to AC operation. I'll test the AC tomorrow and see what happens. My immediate guess would be the AC will cause the engine to run at higher rpms - up from 625 to around 700 or so? The recirculation button isn't based on the compressor - it simply closes the loop of air circulation in the cabin.
Old May 12th, 2015, 04:10 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan, maybe you have a lazy o2 sensor and the rpm drop is in reference to the rich/lean swings. Or possibly there is enough build up on the IAC motor pintle that it can't reach its target RPM and hunts for the best average.

Mike, I got the front yard and part of the back yard mowed last night. It's not a good job but I had to start somewhere. I'll have to go back over it again tomorrow or the next day. I'm sure with the sun coming out the next few days it's going to hit overdrive and really get with it. How often do you have to mow down there?

John, It's headed somewhere. cuz it's nice here again. It seems the latest snowfall on record in Denver was June 12th 1947. So this is not an anomaly. Actually This was the second mothers day in a row for snow. Why they say not to plant until after Mom's day.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old May 12th, 2015, 05:36 AM

Mawn'in all

Got a little rain to change things from hot to muggy

Did y'all miss me yesterday. Had a day long battle wit de city over a road widening that would kill 6 specimen Oaks in my front yard.

When I got Alzheimers an don't know $hit. I'm gonna get me a guvment job

Have a great day Round 2 wit de city morons is about to start
Old May 12th, 2015, 06:14 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin ,

Rain and cool here. Definitely needed the rain!

John, hope your arm is better. We are not getting any younger

Clint, do farmers use irrigation in your area?...oh, and I put anything I want to use up onto my pizzas! Anything goes

Jim, good luck trying to save the oaks. Ya cannot stop progress but you can sc**w it up

Have a day friends
Old May 12th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Grass got its first haircut yesterday and looking good. Killed off some more red lily beetles that had the guts to show up. I think it's going to be a real battle to control them this year but at least now I know they're out there.

Clint, I was leaning toward IAC too. It's in a stupid place to access though. Might have to take the TB off to get at it. The O2 sensor is new (Bosch) so I thiNk it's fine.

Jim, just thought you stayed on the links fer Anutter round. Diidja win yer case?

Dan, 81 meelyun.

Well de TV guys coming out, again. They can't seem to figure out why the TV freezes and pixilates. So far they've redone all the connections and wiring. I tHink it's the main modem or the PVRd box itself. We shall see. The dude is Spoda be here in about an hour.
Old May 12th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

My plan for staying up didn't work out so well. I got home early, around 530, and took care of the dogs and had a bite to eat. While I was sitting reading my emails from last night I got so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open. So off to bed I went. The dogs didn't come get me all morning. If I hurry and get ready I can make the Awful house for lunch and still see the morning crew.

Jamesbo I hope you prevail. Does the road actually need widening? What's on the other side of the road? Let them jog around your yard so the road can widen and your trees are safe.

We didn't see any rain here on the south side. I heard on the way home this morning there was rain in Alabama headed this way, but it's blue sky and nice out. Hope it stays that way. Clint I mow about every week and a half.

Guess I'll see what this day is all about. Have a good one everybody see you later.
Old May 12th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all

Sky fell yesterday afternoon, after threatening and turning black as dusk hours before that. I'd say we got close to an inch. They say more today, a break tomorrow, and more o'same thru endo'week. I was going to give the grass another whack before heading up to the hills, but now it's not lookin' bloody likely.

Thanks, Ted.... I don't think it's any better today, but I keep trying to use it. I called the orthopedist I've been seeing for 15 years for other issues; but they said he doesn't do arms & shoulders any more... The last thing I saw him for was tennis elbow about 4 yrs. ago. Oh, well. I think I'm just going to roll the dice and see how it goes for another week, and try and take it easy. But that's always easier said than done. Just doing normal, everyday things that don't require a lot of strain can be painful. We shall see.

Allan, I presume you've opened the bonnet and stuck your head under there to see if anything visible is coinciding with the rpm drop? My first thought would be electric coolant fan cycling. Those fans (especially if it's two) definitely make their own noise, but the power draw is also enough to pull down a few rpm's on a smaller motor, as I'm sure you already know.

Anyhoots, got a load of crushed concrete coming after lunch, so there goes my "take it easy" for the day. I'll do the best I can; but if I leave the road in this condition whilst we're in the hills and we get more rain, it will be a total mess when we get back, and will require twice the fill. So a stitch in time saves nine...

Hope the meeting goes well, Jamesbo. Better you than me.

Y'all have a great Tiu's day, Oldsmofriends.

p.s.: got a real interesting story about "Freya's day" if I can think to tell it before I get sidetracked in the future. Has to do with my favorite subject these days, ****'s and WWII.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 12th, 2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old May 12th, 2015, 10:27 AM

Weird, I came on here (The Clubhouse), and all of the posts/threads were from 2009 instead of today, I went to "quick links" "today's posts" to get today. Anyhow, I went and seen the surgeon, for a pre-surgery discussion as to what they were going to do, some paperwork, and what I consider big plus, no cast! I told him that I had concerns because I get cramps in my right foot arch frequently when sleeping, and didn't know what would happen if I got one with a cast on my foot. He agreed that it might be a problem, so I will wear a boot right from the start ( he gave it to me, and I will bring it to surgery). The boot puts my foot in a better 90° position in relation to my ankle/leg, so I will wear that for eight weeks.
Old May 12th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Afternoon Oldsmopeoples

Dan - still sounds a bit uncomfortable but I'm glad you're seeing some progress. BTW, if you start the NGMT from the clubhouse link it automatically starts you at the first page.

John - I wish I could give you a good shoulder to work with. Trade you for a gimped up lower back?? Pretty much a straight across trade. Yes, I understand about the cooling fans, but that's not it. They only kick in when the engine temp reaches over 220 and this car never gets that hot since we don't do stop/go driving with it. De missus wants to use it for shopping in a bit so I have to wait to pull the TB and have a look there. Want to hear a real good joke? O'Reilly wants 37.00 for an IAC motor, RA wants about the same. Here in the land of Canuck the best price I can get is around 65.00!!! Even the boneyards here want 28.00 for a used one! I'll pull the TB and check for carbon build up, then measure resistance on the IAC pins. If it's bad I'll bite the bullet.

Ted - a very pleasant 17° here today with blue sky and gentle breeze. We also need the moisture but I'm supplying it out of the hose for now.

Time to do the Billy the Exterminator thing again, and again, and again....these RLB's are nasty and seem to never end.
Old May 12th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Quiet in the house. I've been a zombie all afternoon. Didn't get anything done I wanted to, took the dogs about 4 then came home and fell asleep. Decided to go grab a bite, now I think I'll hit the sack. I think this midnight shift is finally getting to me. I think I've said that before.

I don't know what an IAC is on a Saturn but my car either doesn't have one or it's never gone bad. Maybe it's the Throttle Position Sensor. I don't know why, that's what everyone always says.

Dan I don't find that weird. At the bottom of my screen every time I log into the Good Morning thread, there's several posts from many years ago. One of them is from our beloved, if not absent, Citcapp Pat, and a couple from our favorite Jamesbo.

John a nice heating pad on the shoulder will do wonders. Maybe if you glued those stones together they wouldn't wash away. When are you due back to the mountains?

Think I'll hit the sack early. You know, I wish I had a friend named Huggy Bear.

Have a good night everyone.
Old May 12th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - the IAC is a compensating vacuum motor on the TB that reacts to engine idle speed (or is supposed to). Your car has one too, but likely it's never created a problem. Most of the issues with IAC's are built up carbon deposits created by the EGR valve. I replaced the EGR a few years ago when the SES light came on and my OBDII indicated the EGR pintle was frozen. Actually it was caked solid with carbon. New EGR and it was back to good. I did the TB clean then too but it could easily have built up carbon again and created a problem with the IAC.

I did run the AC today and I didn't notice the fluctuation, but the rpms were up about 100 because of the AC.
Old May 13th, 2015, 03:00 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Slept less time than the amount I'll be driving. That can't be good. Eh, if I get tired I'll stop for some pop or something.

Allan it's likely if that part failed on my car it did so before I got it. My friend had every speck of service done at the Saturn place. Even tires. I put just shy of 80K on it.

So I'm off to hang out on the beach. Be back Friday. I'll try to check in while I'm gone, it all depends on who has a computer handy. Enjoy the rest of the week everyone.
Old May 13th, 2015, 04:17 AM
CQR

Mornin all

Safe travels Mike. I get sleepy driving so much anymore I carry a bag of sunflower seeds in the truck. It doesn't have to be a long trip either. Just from here to the shop. I think I somehow hypnotize myself.

Good luck Dan, Hope it all goes well.

Allan, Hope you have better luck with your RLB than I have with the Box elder bugs. They seem to be slightly dwindling but for the last 6-8 years have been terrible.Hardly ever saw them 12-15 years ago. Must be in a cycle, cuz I can remember them as a kid along with the striped cucumber beetle. Haven't seen one of them for years.

John, Is that what everyone uses down there? Concrete? I make it a point to look at the ground in craigslists ads and stuff to see if the pic is from the west or from the east by the dirt. Our dirt is brown and it seems like most places out east have a light gray or white ground. Must be all the limestone.

Ted. yes. lots use irrigation. I'm sure it depends on the crop also. But even the 'farmers' up in Yampa that the wife buys from irrigates the hay. and It's been dry up there, so they have already started.

Have a Humpday all.
Old May 13th, 2015, 05:03 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin,

Cool and cloudy...
Allan, those darn bugs have destroyed our lilies for the past 3 years. Tried soapy water but did not work that well. I may have missed it, but how are you controlling them?

Mike, safe travels...

John, a load of crushed concrete to deal with is just what your arm needs. What do you use it for?

Clint, hay made under dry conditions and a controlled source of water must come out perfect every time! Our windows to make hay are getting smaller every year due to more rain.Is it expensive to buy?

Have a day friends
Old May 13th, 2015, 05:11 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day but could use a little more rain on de garden

John, Looks like I'm gonna have to learn ya how to take it easy.Do nothing then rest.

Clint, De guy dat cuts my hay is covered up an won't take on 1 single more acre. But no irrigation round these parts

Mike, Safe travels but ya sound like a Yankee say'in "Pop" in Hotlanta there's only Coke

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old May 13th, 2015, 05:59 AM
Captain Starfire

Heidi Ho Heidi Hi

And a happy humpity, while we're at it... Muggy as a tropical isle today, but Elsie not supposedly in the forecast. Getting near 90 again, so I can't wait for "real" summer to come next month.

I buy this stuff this guy calls "crushed concrete" to patch holes in the gravel road. Truth be told, I think he puts a lot of dirt in it. The last time I bought it from him, a lot of it seemed to wash away. Time before that, it worked like a champ. So if this batch washes away in the rain -- even partially -- I've had it with this guy.

Truth be told again, the folks who live next door to us (we've never actually seen them, although they've been there for over a year!) drive like banshees on the road, and seem to aim for the holes, wet or not. You can tell who repairs the road. Sorry -- idiots, IMHO -- truth be told.

Yeah, Ted... just what the arm needs! Maybe you can give me a lesson or two in putting the selector in "Neutral," Jamesbo. There's just an outside chance the shoulder is doing a tad better this mawnin'. The only time it really hurts is when I try to raise it in any direction. Puttin' on a shirt is a killa'.

Anyhoots, let me get cookin'... Have some sort of software training session from the workstation at 10:00 and I have never even logged into the system...

Y'all have a great one, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 13th, 2015 at 06:13 AM.
Old May 13th, 2015, 06:21 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Still cool enough for the furnace to be kicking in. Otherwise a beautiful morn with light breeze.

Buddy with the TV service (Telus) said the problem was the DSL connection outside which he claims to have replaced. Took him about an hour. So far so good, I think.

Ted, I'm using a combination of Raid Crawling Bug with Chrysanthemum oil and pyrithine and careful monitoring. One good thing about RLBs is they don't have any camouflage and are easy to spot. I blast em with spray which kills em on contact. Thing is they can be hidden in the bottom of leaves so it takes a lot of effort to get them all. I also,squish them just to make sure they're really dead. We never had these pests till last year. These buggers also hide in the top 1/2 inch of soil around the plants so I also cultivate that dirt carefully while actively looking for them.

Clint, I don't drive much anymore. Never used to bother me but I think some of the aging factors are playing hell with the desire to drive. I kinda like Jims idea. Spits were almost a staple back many years ago. Them and punkin seeds. Not anymore though cause they're too salty.

John, get a local contractor with a bobcat for hire. You weren't planning to do this by hand were ya?

Hopefully the body shop calls today so I can get the Sonata back. The boy wants to practice for his drivers license. Ok, koffee time.
Old May 13th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Captain Starfire

Allan, this pile (2 yds.) will last me at least 6 months, hopefully. There are prolly about 10 holes in the road at this point, which is maybe 4-5 wheelbarrow loads. About an hour and I'll be done!
Old May 14th, 2015, 04:43 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan. The long trips (cross country) seem to be easier to me to stay awake than the shorter trips (15-30 minutes) Don't know why.

John, How far away is next door?

Jamesbo and Mike. The proper pronunciation is 'Soda'.

Ted. you're right it would be perfect, but it never seems to end up this way.usually it'll dry up and the golf courses will have the rights to use the water or it'll be perfect and they'll cut it and just as they are ready to bale it the monsoons come and drench it for a week (like last year).

Welp, I gotta get with it. I have a lot of prepping to do this weekend for a place to put a new shed.

Have a Thursday all.
Old May 14th, 2015, 05:36 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin,

Thanks Allan for the advice. Same here, the RLB have just shown up around here in the last two or three years...another imported pest?

John, waiting on the Freyas day story....

Clint,really? The boys at the courses take precedent over the agricultural ones. I guess we will be really good golfers as we starve

Have a day friends
Old May 14th, 2015, 06:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning

It's dryer here than a popcorn fart. We really need some rain, especially the guys fighting all the forest fires. We don't have any water rationing though so I'm still out watering most every day.

Didn't get the Sonata back yesterday so I'm hoping today is the day. How long can it take to paint a bumper cover? I think they're delaying as much as possible because it's warranty and it's costing them money.

Ted, I have no idea where they came from but the theory is Calgary who in turn got them from ???? We have 6 varieties of lilies and when they bloom it's incredibly pretty. BTW it's not Freyas day yet - Thor would not be amused being passed over like that.

Clint, new shed? Sounds like fun. Hope it doesn't get the tax man sniffin around. Weird that golf courses get priority water. Lucky you live by a creek. Just hook up a pump and instant water that doesn't go through a meter.

John, don't kill yourself doing that stuff.

Jim, we call it Pop up here too. Whut happened at silly hall? Any decision from de idiots?
Old May 14th, 2015, 07:18 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day down ere

Still fight'in wit city engineers

Well since we all live on de same orb, I spose I should except Pop or Soda.

Reminds me of when I was 6 years Old Dis new kid from Lonk Island moved onto our street. After hang'in wit my sister one day she went home and said, "Mom, I need sum tennis shoes" Her mom said, You've got sum. No mom they're sneakers"

Very nice lady and we still stay in touch.

anywho GTG kick sum a$$ at city hall
Old May 14th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Had an uneventful trip yesterday. The Mustang is not overly thrifty, giving an average 29.9 mpg. Though that's better than if I would have brought my truck.

Spent yesterday afternoon cutting up posts and flooring that used to be a gazebo. Today I ran around looking for paint to use on hubcaps for my Mom's car. All the paint is flaking off and they look awful. No luck finding what I wanted, so they stay the same for now.

Lots of people in and out for my sister's birthday, so today I took my Mom with me to find paint and then we went and had a nice lunch. Nice to spend time with her without a toddler or others around.

Leaving tomorrow after breakfast so I can be home in time to get the dogs. Hope everyone has a good afternoon and I'll see you tomorrow some time.
Old May 15th, 2015, 04:46 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo call it whatever you like. But we all know it's better when they are wobbly pops.

Ted, Allan, Not golf courses specifically per se. But recently the farmers have been on tighter well restrictions than the urban areas. Makes sense since most lawmakers are from the city and already know that we can get all the food we need from the grocery store. We don't need no stinking farms.

Allan, I guess the county hires a bunch of interns to look at google earth pictures from today and 5 years ago to see if anything has been built on the property. But this one should be small enough and sits on it's own foundation to be considered portable.

Mike thats pretty good mileage considering. I can't remember. Is that a V6?

Happy Friday all.
Old May 15th, 2015, 06:05 AM

Mawn'in all

Me thinks Elsie is headed dis way

Clint, Does Your shop still smell like a rock festival jes left.

Mike, Did cha get any good seafood? D
Old May 15th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Got the Sonata back yesterday. So far so good. They gave me a bill for 551.00 to show me how much it would have cost without warranty. That's BS. I've never received a bill for warranty work of any kind before. Called the owner and asked why. He says that's standard practice, but that I am not to pay it. Maybe they're going to charge it back to insurance from last year? Hope not.

Worked on the Saturn yesterday. R&R the TB. It was filthy with carbon. Installed new IAC. Removed and checked plugs, they were perfect so they got cleaned and put back. Only have 30k on them anyway. Fired it up and it ran MUCH differently. There was a small fluctuation in the idle even at high rpm so I changed out the front O2 sensor with a new one I had on the shelf. Fired up again and it seemed more stable. Went for a test drive and it's much more responsive. Low idle seems to be fine but need to test it more to find out if the problem is totally resolved. Thanks Clint.

Mike, just an FYI. Pressing the recirculated air button doesn't cycle the compressor. Verified that yesterday. Sounds like yer having fun being Mr. fixit at your moms.

Ted, NOW you can ask John for the Freyas day story

Clint, how big a shed? Up here the freestanding ones that don't need permits have to be 100 sq ft or less.

Darrell, are the bumper fillers pretty much the same on all B bodies. Wondering if I should pull the ones off the 84 Delta Royale in the boneyard and save em.

Jim, never envy fun battling de burocrats is it? Wish you luck my frend.

Guys comin to do a quote on central AC today. I don't think the missus was impressed wit me fer dat.

Koffee time! Enjoy your day.