The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2015, 05:40 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Got home last night and about collapsed. Flew out to see my friend with little sleep, got little sleep while I was there, slept on a tiny couch, it goes on. We did get a few parts put back on his car, which sadly, I don't believe will ever run again(which I didn't tell him), but it was important to him so that's okay. I was sure glad to get home.

So this morning I'll hit the Awful house and then pick up the dogs. Not sure what else, maybe I'll just hang out and we'll play. They will be tired too, from sleeping on the concrete and barking at all the other dogs.

Have a good Saturday everyone.
Old May 2nd, 2015, 05:41 AM

Mawn'in from de mountains

Different puter

Nice Goat

GTG Das Boat on clear mawn'in awaits
Old May 2nd, 2015, 08:02 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Nuttin much goin on.

How do you like de new puter Jim? Diidja chunk de ol one out in de lake?

Mike, bark bark bark bark, rrrruffff ruff bark bark! Bet they're glad to see you.

Dan, can't keep em all. Hindsight is always 20/20

The ex HA house next door has a contract out on it. Met the dude who was executing it yesterday. He did a good job and will be making regular return visits every 2 weeks.
Old May 2nd, 2015, 08:54 AM
Always room for one more

Allan when I go pick them up, and also drop them off for that matter, I go to the back because the two of them can be quite a handful. Today I paid the tab and went to the back with the girl, but they weren't there. The attendant had them outside in the back. So we walked to the back and they were at the back of the yard, and when they saw me I don't think they believed it was me. They stared for a minute and then my boy started wagging his tail slowly, and I said, are those my puppies? They about pulled the attendant's arm out of the socket running towards me. They had a fit. I've been trying to do a little house cleaning this morning and they won't let me be. They must have really missed me. I know the feeling. I pity anyone who doesn't know the love of a devoted dog. Or two.
Old May 2nd, 2015, 11:35 AM
Captain Starfire

Fab Saturn Day

Hola, all. 'Nudder gor-joo-us day in da' Swamp. Welcome back, Jamesbo, Mike, & Terry...

Don't blame you, Dan. When you boil it down, a car show is a car show. But sounds like you got something special up there on that weekend. I have to walk gingerly on that weekend, as the better half's birthday falls on one of dem days . Nice Goat, BTW... I had a ratty '68 for almost a year in H.S. I worked at Winn Dixie pretty much just to put gas in the thirsty rod...

A couple friends and I drove over to Biloxi last night to see Boz Scaggs, as we did last year when he came to Hard Rock over there. He and his band didn't disappoint. I wish we hadn't been quite as close to the speaker, and that he'd have played a little longer. If I recall correctly, he played a solid 2 hours last year; we got somewhat less than that last night. But as it was, I got to bed at 2 a.m.

Whelpt, let me go get sumpin' done on this textbook-weather day. They don't come that often down here. Have a great one yourselves, Oldsmofriends.
Old May 2nd, 2015, 11:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

John - That's cool. Love Boz too. Couple of my favs are "Lido Shuffle" "JoJo","Lowdown" and "Breakdown Dead Ahead". Ahh, it's good to be older than the young generation and appreciate some great tunes. Very distinctive sounds.

Here's nother goodie:

Send some of your gorgeous Swamp weather our way??? Thanks John! Could also use some wet weather if you got some of that to spare
Old May 2nd, 2015, 12:19 PM
Captain Starfire

Weather being sent!

It should arrive any year now, Allan

Boz is pretty much looking his age (who ain't?) (he's 71 in June), but he sounds fab... I'll go back if he comes back.
Old May 3rd, 2015, 02:36 AM

Mawn'in

Worm

Geeze Louise John, I got a better chance of wak'in up at 2 a.m dan stay'in up dat late.

Speak'in of concerts. A few weeks ago de Super model went to John's favorite place [De Fox] to see Bob Dylan. [sans Jamesbo] Said she couldn't understand a single werd. What's knew, I saw him on TV 20 years ago wit subtitles

Mike, I'm glad you got home safely to your four legged family

Headed fer anutter blluebird day in de mountains. Hope it holds up til Monday

Allan, I'll send ya sum Gawga weather dats samp weather comes with skeeters
Old May 3rd, 2015, 06:44 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Got a few scattered very light showers overnight, so hell ya Jim, send it. Bit cool up here still ( frost on de ground ) mawnin so I doubt the skeeters will stick around. Prolly take one look an head straight back ta Gawja.

Quiet day shapin up.
Old May 3rd, 2015, 09:22 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Jamesbo 2am? That's what time I went to bed. The dogs woke me up around 7 and then again around 11. I thought, I'm pretty awake now I might as well get up. Don't plan on much before work.

Beautiful day here. I'd like to think this will stick around awhile but I haven't seen the forecast. Nice yesterday, too. I took the other flatbed over to the shop, parked the Mustang at my neighbor's house, and took the Corvette to get some gas in it. Man that clutch needs some serious adjustment.

Here's a question for the electrical type. The Corvette's right turn signal doesn't always flash. It comes on and stays on. Once in a while it flashes like normal. The left one works fine. Now, it worked before I cracked this car up, so what is likely that the body shop screwed up, a ground somewhere? Pinched/chafed wire? The power antenna doesn't work either; they replaced it. It's always something with this car.

Well see you a little bit later. I gotta make something of this afternoon.
Old May 3rd, 2015, 09:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, probably a corroded ground on the passenger side. I had that with my Cutlass years ago and after a cleanup and reinstall the pigtail connection all was good.
Old May 3rd, 2015, 10:04 AM
Captain Starfire

Not quite "bluebird" down here, but...

... it'll do. Pushin' 80 and humid, but Elsie not likely to be makin' an appearance. Did a little tyin' up of loose ends on the landscape this morning before the sun got too bad (it never made a wholehearted appearance either, thank goodness). Rosemary bush was attacked by ants -- pile went halfway up the poor thing. And dilly-dallied in other assorted outdoor things. I spilt a whole cup of iced coffee near the F-150 Friday nite rushing into the car to go see Boz, and I was in just one of those moods -- you can imagine what ushered forth from my lips. To make a short story shorter, it's still there. And man, does old coffee stain concrete! I know I'll regret it, but squix on it for now.

Jamesbo, I know Bob's a poet extraordinaire and he wants to free the people and all that good stuff, but his singin' (and playin', for that matter) is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I know I'm in the minority of my/our age group. Just never could get Bob Fever. But I do hope to make it back to the Fox one of these days.

Speakin' of troubadours, I think Joni Mitchell (she compares herself to Bob often, and I'm a huge fan) is still in the hospital. That's over a month... There were false reports recently that she was comatose; but her web site contradicts that. But she'll never perform again -- and that's the point, Lord love her: she has no voice at all anymore. She's been smoking (a lot) for decades and it's taken its toll. Saw her once at Jazzfest about 15 yrs ago and she could still warble pretty good back then.

While we are on the subject of music (aren't we?) I got a few Steely Dan comments, but I'll hold on to 'em for now, since I prolly made 'em already at some point. They came down here (N.O.) in the last few months and I declined to go; ticket prices were outrageous. My paternal grandmother used to say "Let them come see me," God rest her soul.

Did anybody win any money on the fight or the Derby yesterday? I couldn't have cared less who won the fight, but watched the Derby. A good friend of mine is a handicapping kinda' guy and he picked the fave (and winner), American Pharoah; so I was pullin' for him. What a gorgeous animal. That's two K.D. wins in a row for jockey Victor Espinoza. Bully for him.

Whelpt, enough drivel for a Sunday. I think it's time for me to relax in front of sumthin' good, like a good ol' WWII **** documentary on Netflix.

Have a great day of the sun, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 3rd, 2015 at 10:31 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2015, 02:55 PM
Always room for one more

Thanks Allan I'll check it out. The shop had the car all apart, wouldn't surprise me if they goofed a little putting it back together. Although, this was a really high-end place, specializing in exotic stuff like Ferrari's, Lambo's, Rolls. Someone said they specialized in Corvettes, so that's why I took it there. They couldn't wait to get rid of me, mainly because the car was there 5 months(they couldn't get the paint right), and it was a lowly Chevrolet amongst the elite.

Weather is supposed to be nice for the next couple weeks. Won't that be a switch. I'll probably be gone a day next week, and a couple days the week after, but I'll be able to get out and get stuff done and not worry about rain or mud. Might even get a car washed.

Work tonight. All three this week. Hope they go easy on me. Have a good night everyone.
Old May 4th, 2015, 04:14 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

What was the name of that cow again? She's here and letting it all out on that flat rock. This is like one of those rains you easterners have. Warm tho.

Mike. may be a weak flasher. I had one in Brit when I got her.

Dan thats my favorite body for the GTO's. Not sure why I like the big cars. just do.

We went and made a run thru Saturdays supercruise then had pizza and wings. then we went hiking yesterday after watching the kid show her bosses horse.

My employee became a dad yesterday so I guess I'll be alone this week at the shop.

Have a Monday all.
Old May 4th, 2015, 04:46 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin in All,

Sunny and warm ....Finally

Dan, that is why I think I will keep my 66 Bonneville. I am with Clint, I have grown attached to the boat....I think I would regret selling it.

Clint, send some our way...we could use a nice spring rain! What cow?

Allan.....what's up?

Mike, glad you are back safely from your travels....blinker is on the fritz or maybe a bad ground?

John, always thought Joni was a class act. Speaking of music, at my sons football games they have music .....hate to say but I do not know many rap artists. I asked the kid to play some Led Zepplin and got a very blank look in return

Have a Day All
Old May 4th, 2015, 07:12 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all....

Decent enough day in da' swamp... gettin' humider & humider each day; 30% chance of scattered Elsie's, increasing during the week. And temps will be increasing as well, supposedly hitting 90s by end of week. Oh, boy, here we go!

Well the "vacation" is over -- I go pick up the better half from the airport this evening. She's leaving Mom's in Peoria noonish today.

Ted, IMHO, Joni's in a class by herself. I started off by buying Court and Spark when I was in high school just for the song, "Raised on Robbery," and was seduced more and more into her genius thru the years. She kinda' lost me in the 90s, but her first 20 years are enough for me ;-)

Oh, and BTW, anybody who ain't heard of Zeppelin needs to be edumacated . I saw them at LSU in '75. In all honesty, though, they were never a great "live" band. It was thrilling just to see Jimmy Page live in action, and John Bonham (Lord rest his soul) was entertaining to watch; but Robert Plant's vocals kinda' needed the cover of the studio.

Originally Posted by sammy
John, always thought Joni was a class act. Speaking of music, at my sons football games they have music .....hate to say but I do not know many rap artists. I asked the kid to play some Led Zepplin and got a very blank look in return
OK... 'nuff of the music critic's corner; better get started on whipping the house into shape to pass inspection this evening. Have a great day of the moon, Oldsmofriends.
Old May 4th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Woo hoo, the street sweeper was just here. Wouldn't be news worthy anywhere else I guess but I'm so sick of driving through paved streets that look like gravel roads it's something to cheer about here. Now just need some rain to wash away the dust....

Gonna hit the bottle depot later. Got 4 trash bags filled that need recycling. Puts a few coins in my pocket and clears out some garage space.

Ted, not much I guess. I see you're gonna be up around 27 today. We'll be lucky to hit 17. Wednesday its Spoda drop to -1 overnight. Crap. Tomorrow we decide on new provincial gubment. Wanna place any bets? Doesn't look good for Jim Prentice, but what can you say about a guy who enjoys the pain of shooting himself in the foot over and over?

Clint, congrats to him! Boy or girl? So that palomino was her bosses? What a beautiful animal, very nice lines. Tori really looked sharp too! Always wanted to date a woman who knew how to use a Riding crop an Spurs knew a girl down in Dayton who brought her bullwhip to the office one day to show me. You wouldn't believe how envious the other guys were! Cathy was married tho and we just shared a common interest in horses. Very pretty girl. Jeez, I just realized that was back in 1977!!! Wonder how life went for her....

Jim, hope whitey dint put up too much of a struggle.

Late koffee. And in the spirit of celebrating Star Wars throughout North America - May the Fourth be witcha. Enjoy your day.

Last edited by Allan R; May 4th, 2015 at 08:30 AM.
Old May 4th, 2015, 08:29 AM

My first encounter with the "cow pi**ing on a flat rock" expression was in an EK Gann book where the expression was being used to describe an Amazon jungle rain that kept him (and his airplane) on the ground.
Old May 4th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Originally Posted by CutlassDad
My first encounter with the "cow pi**ing on a flat rock" expression was in an EK Gann book where the expression was being used to describe an Amazon jungle rain that kept him (and his airplane) on the ground.
Agh, now I get it
Old May 4th, 2015, 10:27 AM

Dag nabbit lost my whole tome [post]
Old May 4th, 2015, 02:05 PM

ONE MORE TRY

I thought I invented "De cow on the flat rock" Oh well learnt sum'in new every day

Beautimus day to smack white 41/42 and get new computer

Garden is planted but so day you'd have to prime it to spit
Old May 4th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Day two of awesome weather. There might have been more but I wasn't home. I can hear lots of people mowing.

My boy has come up with a new way to annoy me. When I let them in after their breakfast, he waits until I get into bed then comes to get me to let him out. So I get up and let him out and he takes about two steps onto the porch and comes back in. I said, that's it for you. So around noon today he comes to get me with a seemingly urgent plight. So I get up and he does the same thing. Then about 2 he comes and without even opening my eyes I say beat it. Not sure how to break him of this new bad habit, but it can't continue that's for sure.

Ted the blinker was working fine when I took the ditch. So it is something that happened while the car was at the shop. My time for them to reassess their misdoings is long over, so I'll have to get it up on jackstands and check it out myself.

Last night at work wasn't too bad. Changed a slide on the service door on an MD90 and helped a guy lube and inspect the elevator and stabilizer. Man that's high off the ground. No clue what's in store for tonight, but the pressure is off, Monday is over.

Hope everyone's week started off good. See ya's all later.
Old May 5th, 2015, 04:17 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike what all is on your companies fleet? Do you have certain guys work on certain birds? Or is it whatever comes thru the door?

Jamesbo, Maybe you did, but then I'd have to ask when you taught it to my father? Are you insinuating is dry out there? You can have some of ours. The creeks rising and the wife is a bit gunshy. She's ready to start sandbagging already and they haven't even posted a flood warning yet.

Ted, These old coots call her Elsie. That was the name I was trying to remember.

Allan. A little boy. Sounds like they get to go home today. The mare is the one she trained to show at the national western stock show this year. she really likes that horse, but he won't sell.

John. I don't think we have anything as minor as a slight chance of rain all week. I think we got your guyses weather. Doesn't look like one day of sun all week.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old May 5th, 2015, 04:58 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin All,

Thanks for the rain Clint!...ya must have been listening

Allan, has Alberta changed color?

Time to process some fibre.......

Have Day All
Old May 5th, 2015, 05:20 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter pretty one. Hot but dry

I set out about 12 maters a few weeks ago.But I'd like to put out anutter 20 or so but I think I'm gonna wait fer a cloudy day

Ere's sum scientific data to ponder

https://www.facebook.com/calico.cris...7/?pnref=story
Old May 5th, 2015, 05:26 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I can hardly move. I lubed the fan blades on a 767 engine last night, mostly by myself. That's a lot of trips up and down the ladder. I did Number 1 engine and the guy doing Number 2 engine had all sorts of help. Hm. I must have done a good job because we ran the engines up and there was very little vibration.

Clint we pretty much work on all the planes, some people do autoland and avionics and some people don't. In our department there are some glory hounds that get all the big jobs, especially if there's a sheet metal repair. The current mainline fleet consists of, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, MD88, MD90, 717, A319, A320, A330. There are also several versions of a few of these planes.

Boy my bed is going to feel good today. Hope my boy understands the importance of leaving me be. Tonight is Friday. This week is going fast, even though I'm staying to the end every day.
Old May 5th, 2015, 07:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Ted, today we'll find out if orange replaces blue. We already know it's not going to be green or red. I guess any things possible with around 45% of the vote that could swing on a whim. So far advance polls have been busier than past, might be a good sign? The analysts on BNN are nervous and so is the business market. Can't say I blame them.

Clint, send some of the moisture up our way. C.O.D. Or whatever, we really need (want) it!

Mike, sounds like an auction.

Great! The sweepers yesterday did a stellar job of pushing the gravel off the street and up onto the sidewalks. Can't this city do anything right?

Koffee time. Enjoy your day.
Old May 5th, 2015, 08:12 AM

Allan, Don't you like tater chips?
Old May 5th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim - they have waaaayy too much sodium and saturated fats for my dietary needs. Prefer popcorn. I'm tryin to live longer by making healthier lifestyle choices and tater chips aren't on my radar. I do buy de occasional bag for de boy and missus though.

Why d'you ax? You gonna ship me a crate??
Old May 5th, 2015, 08:57 AM

Ya haven't seen Chris' thread?

BTW according to my periodontist. Popcorn is horrible fer your gums

But like I always say, If it taste good, spit it out, it'll kill ya
Old May 5th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yup, I saw it but passed on any comments since I don't scribe to tater chips anymore.

Yer right, popcorn kernels do get in the gums between teeth which is why I gotta floss afterwards. Problem is most stuff tastes good, but I'm stickin to the healthier choices. It's kinda important to me and so far my BP, HR, cholesterol and triglycerides are doing much better too. Gotta work hard at stayin healthy - it's not that easy from what I've been finding out. Oh yeah - excercise too. At least 30 minutes of brisk walks for the ticker health. My morning routine looks like a trip to the drug store...
Old May 5th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Slept good today. My boy woke me up around noon to go outside, then I went back to bed until after 4. I'm still a little sore but feel way better than this morning. Lord only knows what's in store for me tonight, but it's Friday.

Beautiful out. I'm going to be loving this weather my whole weekend. I have two reduced days, one because tomorrow I'll sleep most of the day, and Thursday my sister is flying through and I'm going to see her. But Friday and Saturday I can be wide open. Well, it's a nice thought.

Okay off I go. Have a good evening everyone. Don't overdo while celebrating another country's holiday.
Old May 5th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Ted!
AB is drinking orange crush now. Landslide majority.
Old May 6th, 2015, 04:26 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Another fan lube at work last night. Actually, this was a 757 and we swapped out the blade set, as well as lubed the new ones, instead of lubing the same blades and putting them back in. I don't know why we do that for the 757.

Question for the masses. Do power brakes help a car stop easier, or is it just a different feel for your foot? I need to redo all the brake system on my V8 Corvair and thought about putting power brakes on it, as well as a dual master. Late model Corvairs have Chevelle brakes so they're pretty big for the car to begin with, is it worth the hassle to put in a booster and figure out where to get the vacuum? On this car the engine is in the back seat.

It's getting lighter earlier here. Now when I leave work at 7 it's already light. I like coming home in the dark. Though it is pretty seeing the haze rising off the lake.

Jamesbo any interest in your friend's place on the lake?

Well I hope since I got home a little early this morning I don't have to sleep as long today, and I can get something done. And of course today is...
Old May 6th, 2015, 04:45 AM

Mawn'in all

Like Mike said, Beautimus

Mike, Nope no interest in my friends lake house, no interest in any cemetery lots, no interest in my shopping center site for sale. Pretty much no interest in anything I'm trying to sell.

Enough of the pity party

Might as well sneak off and try to play 18

I wanta plant more maters but it's too hot and dry.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 6th, 2015, 05:43 AM
CQR

mornin all.

Mike. Same braking force with easier effort. Is your motor going to create enough idle vacuum to make it work in slow maneuvers? (What cam do you have?)

Jamesbo, I'd be interested in the lake house if the property taxes were low. We got our valuation in the mail for next year. Not good! Funny how our property tax never went down during the crash, but now that the economy is "improving", my appraised value increased by over a third. Over $100K. Come get some this water. We have too much.

Allan, help me out. How many parties do you have up there, and which one is orange?

The missus didn't get home til late. she was up at the store making a hay bale wall along the creekbed. the water was about 6" from running over the bank. Spose to be rainy til next week also.
Old May 6th, 2015, 05:51 AM

Clint, won't wet hay be ruined?

Allan, X 2 on what Clint said. I'm a mite confused 'bout your polotics
Old May 6th, 2015, 05:55 AM
CQR

Jamesbo, It was already rained on. Not something they could sell anyhow.

Attachment 159393
Attachment 159394

Last edited by CQR; May 6th, 2015 at 06:06 AM.
Old May 6th, 2015, 06:21 AM
Captain Starfire

My gawd...

Clint, you's got yo-sef some water there.... and I thought we were bad. And CA, WA, OR, and ID are in a drought. What a whacky whorld.

Gettin' hotterer and hotterer each day down here in da' swamp, but still not the dog days yet, thank goodness. Elsie not in sight for the present. Planning on whacking the grass whilst Jamesbo is whacking whitey -- poor mower! I'm going to have to set it real high, and Good Lord willing, hit it again next week to get it down to where it should be. Fire ants are going berserk. Piles everywhere. I bomb them with stuff, but they just seem to get up & move 2' over. The ants have won the war.

Whelpt, let me get a move on before the day passes me by. BTW, word has it, Joni's leaving the hospital soon. We shall see....

Have a great one, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 6th, 2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old May 6th, 2015, 06:45 AM
CQR

The wifes employee and the SIL are Famous.

http://www.9news.com/media/cinematic...ential-floods/