The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2015, 07:11 PM

You didn't have surgery already did you?
That will be Friday.
Old May 21st, 2015, 04:12 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to be anutter nice one

Allan, Scot's de HVAC guru. pm me and I'll give ya his private number. All I can say is my Carrier has been a real POS 4 compressors in 6 years. IMHO where the compressor is made makes a big dif. De one which speak Mexican aren't worth a hoot

Mike, Glad your girl is on de mend.

John, My boy is coming in from From Ft Carson wit his kids or I'd come see ya'll
Old May 21st, 2015, 04:23 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Dan, Good luck under the knife. Hope it all goes well and you can start really healing.

Mike, Isn't it funny all the early mechanics seemed to start off with bicycles? My great grandfather was one of the very early mechanics for Henry Ford and Barney Oldfield. Did a lot of work in the old shop behind dad's childhood home. My dad always told me stories and I always figured there was a lot of embellishment but found his name in Barneys Wiki link.
How long before the Airstream is ready for camping?

John good to hear you're just getting older. I overdid last weekend and my right shoulder is giving me fits as are my fingers. I'm hoping we don't have to fire up the chipper until fall. There is at least 2 Elms that will need to come out then. If thats the way they want to act than I guess they can just pound sand. It's sad really. Far too common and the further decay of the 'community'.

Allan, I haven't put anything in it yet and I already know I need double the space. I'll put the trail quad, and the dirt bikes in there with the mower, trimmer, and whatnot in there. It'll be bursting at the seams before you know it.

Ted, Thank you. It sure is pretty and green this spring, A guy told me we have had rain 17 of the last 20 days. Dat ain't normal! The wife has chickens(used to have turkeys in there) and that's the coop on the right and the panels are for the miniature horse and 2 mini donkeys we have to try to keep the orchard grass down with.The horse is trained to drive, but they are really just lawn ornaments and keep the place zoned for horses.

Jamesbo, just get a picture of something off the interwebs. That way they will seem to be very endangered in your area if they can't readily find one, making it all the more imperative they save the habitat.

Well rained a bit more last night. I noticed my feet are starting to look a little different. I may need to go in and get it looked at.

They are having some soggy graduations up at Red Rocks Ampitheatre.
It may dry up a little and maybe get into the 60's for the weekend. At least it won't be in the low 40's like it was all day yesterday.

Have a day all.
Old May 21st, 2015, 05:16 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

What a nice morning. Sunny, coolish, a pleasure to be out. Hope we don't get an impromptu shower like we did yesterday.

Clint the Airstream will not be ready for awhile. I'm going to take everything out and swap around the floor plan. Instead of a rear bedroom I'm going to put it in the front and have the living space and galley in the back. That is really cool about your great-grandfather. I've always been told I'm related to Clark of Louis and Clark, but I haven't been able to trace it fully.

Thanks Jamesbo. She's getting around nicely which is a huge relief. Thank God He invented cheese.

Think I'll hit the junkyard today. Not sure what to do this afternoon, my buddy is supposed to call me to go up for pizza. If he doesn't call then I'll go in to the dinner at work.

And now, Awful house.
Old May 21st, 2015, 05:31 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin,

Allan, I have a window ac, but the condo in Florida has a Carrier also. It does like compressors....3 in the last 4 years. The crop loss is put towards income to offset the taxable portion. I put all into a folder and give it to my accountant to figure out. always have some funds to fix up my Olds

Clint, do you live in town? Around here, if ya kept a small horse in your backyard you would have every nieghbor wining
While you are at the docs getting your feet checked get your toe nails clipped..it will make swimming easier
There is a 68 442 on eBay....funny, the guy phoned to see if I wanted for 5000...said no . He said he was in no rush to sell...a fellow CO member sends me a link showing it on eBay with no reserve.

Have a day friends
Old May 21st, 2015, 06:28 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin y'all

Looking like paradise outside right now. Bright sun and blue skies (just like ol Willie usta sing about) and a very gentle breeze. Pleasant 50* heading for 75.

Mike, yes the 4100.00 is an installed price. Good to hear the girls making a recovery. Hey I just thought of something. You don't need to got married cuz those pups keep you hopping more than a woman would.

Jim, I saw that Carrier anD York were not recommended because of higher than average unreliability. Sounds like you got de whole tree o lemons wit yours?

John, how's de shoulder progressing?

Ted, sounds like you have a plan. What's the starting bid on the 68 and does it need a lot of help?

Dan, speedy recovery and hope all goes well Tomorrow.

Clint, quack quackquackquack. Send some up her would ya? I hear ya on the shed. Maybe shoulda got 2 of them.

Trash guy just beeN and went. First he's been on time in months. Ok, koffeetime.

Enjoy your day.
Old May 21st, 2015, 09:15 AM

Clint ya need a new pair of shoes, so no one will notice!
Old May 22nd, 2015, 04:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin y'all

Dare I say werm?

Yesterday was absolutely perfect and de misuses BD went off without a hitch. I is back in her good graces! Yay!

Dan, thinking about you. Hope all goes well.

Today the boy starts his new job.

Gee, it gets light out now around 4:15 here. I guess I'll wait a bit to make some koffee. Windows are open and there's a really nice cool breeze. Love it.

Enjoy your day. BTW Pick and pull has this weekend 50% off. LOL sounds like a Michael Jackson theme....
Old May 22nd, 2015, 04:33 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan HBD to the missus. Congrats on the new job as well. Something he's looking forward to? 4:15? it's 5:17 here right now and too dark to see the coop or the mules from here. The Robin's are singing their heads off, but they start that at about 3:45.

Dan break a leg today. Oh wait! Hope it goes well and you can speedily heal up.

Ted, Yes we live in Denvers largest suburb. But we live in one of the oldest neighborhoods in the city. Houses here were mostly built from the teens to the 40's and with our large lots, we are one of the few places that allows for critters. We do get the occasional complainer but it is what it is. Our Ex-Next door neighbor would get a little pissy and even turned us in to code enforcement but they verified we were doing nothing wrong. So when he put up a for sale sign I made a sign of my own and placed it next to his.

His realtor thought the sign conveyed an "unfriendly appearance" to the neighborhood, I informed her the sign didn't do that, her client did.

Mike, Good to hear she's doing well, all 3 of our mutts are Hypothyroid and get pills twice a day. 2 of them get it in a bit of wet dog food and Arnie(mine) is so happy he's getting a treat he takes his plain.

Well you'll never believe it but it's raining again. have a great Weekend
Old May 22nd, 2015, 04:50 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Clint, bermember? We're in the same time zone. It was Indeed 5:10 when dat got posted. Strange you guys haven't got sunlight by then. Maybe something to do with the mountains? More likely due to cloud cover and rain though. Send it on up. My water bill this month is gonna be a whopper.

BTW, love the sign.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 04:51 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin,

Allan,HBD to your wife also. Ya got any rain lately? The guy phoned me and said he had an offer for 3500 and he was takin it off eBay....then he tried to sell me a VW convert after dissing the value of Oldsmobiles.....not! Car needed a lot....even in my eyes

Clint, love the way you operate

Mike is your trailer an old one?

Hopefully get out for a cruise this weekend!

Have a day friends
Old May 22nd, 2015, 05:15 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Ted, nuttin. Absolutely dry as a popcorn fart. Only good thing is there's really no skeeters.

Sounds like that guy was in the wrong line for brains when he was born.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 09:45 AM

Afternoon fro de mountains
Old May 22nd, 2015, 03:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice day and I don't think it hit 80. Should be fairly cool tonight at work. Don't know what the rain situation is. Hope there isn't one.

Didn't make the junkyard yesterday. While I was at the Awful house my neighbor across the street called and needed some help working on his wife's car. So I did that, then did some mowing. My buddy called and wanted to meet for pizza so I went up to Marietta for the evening. Good time.

Ted I have a 1984 Airstream Sovereign 31. The guy I got it from used the hell out of it for years(he bought it when it was about 5 years old) but when his wife got sick he stopped using it. It needed some work to be camp-ready, so of course I started ripping and tearing and now have decided to take everything out.

Dan hope you did okay with the surgery today. John hope your arm/shoulder is on the mend.

Okay off to work. One of three. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 06:06 PM
Captain Starfire

Hola, Oldsmofolks

As Jamesbo can attest to, it's been fabulouso up here in da' hills last coupley days. No rain on the horizon 'til Tuesday, which they're sayin' is 40%. Then Wed & Thu spose to be pretty wet. If we're gonna do any painting and touch-up, need to do it Saturday or Monday. Sunday is devoted to da' 500.

Have a nice time wit da' boy, Jamesbo. Sounds like a nice visit in store.

Clint, at least you don't need galoshes wit dem webbed hoofers. Mytee convenient!

Cut the grass today... what a PITA it is... really no lawn; just a lot of overgrowth sproutin' in a rocky mountainside. One of these days, we're gonna have somebody do some landscaping. It looks OK when trimmed, but there's never really been anything professional looking here at all. One of these days. (Just like everything else.)

Went and had a burger with these friends who have a place across the street from Uncle Bob. They had taken us out on their boat last year, so we reciprocated as well as we could. Very nice couple, although they have a few years on us.

Whelpt, let me skedaddle; the night is here. Have a great one at work, Mike.
Hasta luego, Oldsmofriends.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 09:33 PM

Well, here I am, a quick post before I nod out. had the surgery at 12:30 pm, and was at my brothers place until 8pm. I have been sleeping on and off and feel pretty good, no pain yet after 12 hours. I took my lunch bag, cloth and insulated, put ice in it along with water and Gatorade, and a couple of munchies, my pills are near by just in case I need them. So, the right leg is elevated above my hip most of the time, as I am allowed 30 minutes every 3 hours to whatever (like be here ), I have a pressure cuff on the opposite leg to prevent blood from pooling, and getting deep vein thrombosis, do leg lifts on the booted leg, and stretching and bending of the left. See ya later, time to go back to the couch.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 04:16 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin peoples,

Werm.

Beautimus yesterday. Got to 82 here. More of same for today, right now I have de windows open to let the house cool down. Maw in is soooo nice and fresh/cool. Smells nice too. I magine it's prolly as nice as de mountains.

Ted, enjoy your cruises again!

John, nothin quite like good ol lard cooked fries is there?

Got my koffe ready so time for a slurp. Mmmmm, mmmm nectar o de Gods. Enjoy your day.

Dan, good to hear you're doing well. How long till you're allowed to walk on it?
Old May 23rd, 2015, 04:36 AM

Glad de surgery went well

John, Ya needs to do like I did, the farm/cemetery is a maintenace PITA yp keep up but de mountains don't got yard and nutt'in to paint. I vote go aux natural
Old May 23rd, 2015, 06:54 AM
Captain Starfire

Gor-joo-us day again

Don't get no betta' dan dis, IMHO.

Dan, hope you convalesce well... and have a lot of reading material.

Allan, I think the crinkle cut fries were better than the burger! I try not to think what they deep-fry them in, 'cause they taste so good. The best part of the burger is the fresh lettuce & tomato. It's an average patty, and they use "rubber cheese," unfortunately. Won't be getting cheese in the future. Better half gets the blue cheese burger, which she sez is fab; but I'm not a blue cheese kinda' guy.

I agree mit choo, Jamesbo; will have to think long & hard about what to do with the yard; if you ever make it up here, you can give us some pointers . But for now, I'll try to mow once a month or so during the summers. It'll give me an excuse to come up, anyhow. I'm done dealing with the neighbor -- although he's mighty convenient for tree trimming; that's also on our (long) list. View is becoming occluded.

Whelpt, have a great Mem Day weekend, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 23rd, 2015 at 07:01 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 07:17 AM
Just an Olds Guy

John, dats zackly why I likes ta grill my own burgers. I use"real" cheese on me at de eNd of cookin. Some got sharp cheddar,some got Swiss, and some get jack. My burgers only use lean beef and end up being 1" x 6" finished no dey are better den any burger you'll ever buy. After dat, it's a nice fresh bun an choice of condiments an fixings which there are never shortage of. I also like tamed hell a pee Nyos on my burger.

Your shoulder ok fer doing all dat mayntenance? I'm get rim quite de tan from waterin in de sun and generally bein out n about.

Gotta go get the oil pressure switch I ordered for de low Saturn. Part source foned and said its in. 20.00 is cheaper than NAPA and Rock Auto for the BWD part. Ole doekely I'm on my way.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 08:48 AM

How long till you're allowed to walk on it?
Allan, Eight weeks on crutches w/boot, no weight on that ankle. Homecoming will be interesting in a month. John, I don't care for bleu cheese in particular, but grill up a 6-8oz beef patty with black pepper, kosher salt, and cayenne pepper (if cooking inside ventilate), melt blue cheese on top w/saute'd onions, a slice of tomato 'n lettuce...a cold beer, and you're good!
Old May 23rd, 2015, 09:58 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I don't friggen believe this. Yesterday was hot? Today it's already 75 at 10:30 and the friggen molding on the Sonata has popped loose again!! Can't those imbeciles at the body shop do ANYTHING right? Lessee now this will be the 7th time I've had to go back there??? Total and complete BS. If they hadn't damaged my car while they were fixing it last year I wouldn't be having any of these issues on the rear door molding. Well they say their work is guaranteed lifetime and I'll just keep being a visitor till they finally get it right. The proper thing to do is get OEM molding tape or a new damn molding.

The side they never touched

The side they "fixed" 2x now - front of molding

The side they "fixed" - rear of molding tape came loose. It will press in and pop out again. grrrr!
Old May 23rd, 2015, 10:31 AM

Allan. If it were a 69 Olds, I'd say the plastic thingy that holds the trim on is worn out.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 01:17 PM

https://www.hyundaicanada.com/Pages/About/Contact.aspx I would use the form t air my complaint.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 02:50 PM

Catching on some recent posts... central A/C units. Size them to run 100% on the hottest day expected.
The temptation is to oversize, but then the unit short cycles and cannot dehumidify.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 03:03 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another nice day. It seemed a little chilly last night. But I didn't complain, because I know it was better than the icy wind that whips down the ramp in the winter.

Dan glad everything is going okay. Since you can't get up, do you have a bell or something to summon someone if you need anything?

John yardwork is a never ending battle with me. I don't mind doing it most times, but I have way more to do than I have time/capability/desire for. You could build walls about 50 feet out and fill in all around the house and have a completely level yard.

Night Two. I wouldn't mind a repeat of last night. Plane didn't get in till after 10 and we were done and gone home by 5. Rarely do we get a twofer like that, though.

Okay have a good night everyone. Wish I could watch the Indy 500 tomorrow but alas, I'll be sleeping. I'm sure I can scare up a picture of what the latest (yawn) Corvette Pace Car looks like. I like Corvettes, but geez have a little imagination sometimes.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 05:11 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Allan. If it were a 69 Olds, I'd say the plastic thingy that holds the trim on is worn out.
If it was a 69 Olds I'd be able to fixit myself. The side trim is platic and is held by 2 sided tape. spoda be holded by 2 sided tape. Tehres also some garnish clips that are spoda keep i lined up with the holes in the door, but noooo. Someone at that shop should be shot.

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
https://www.hyundaicanada.com/Pages/About/Contact.aspx I would use the form t air my complaint.
Dan - this isn't Hyundai's fault. It's the bodyshop who fixed the car last year when it got hit by an unsecured load. June 29, 2014. If anything, I'd be telling the BBB and Insurance company they have a lemon on their list. I think they didn't clean the paint surface when they put the molding back on, and the front of the molding isn't lining up with the garnish clip to seat it in the right place. You can clearly see where the molding is bending outwards from that fixation point. Tanks fer de thought though.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 09:12 PM

Since you can't get up, do you have a bell or something to summon someone if you need anything?
Nope, I can move around for 30 minutes every three hours, to make something to eat, wash, whatever.
Dan - this isn't Hyundai's fault.
True, but I found that when a dealer under performs, and you contact corporate, things get done in a hurry and to better results.
Old May 24th, 2015, 03:15 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Boy I should play the lottery. Last night was just like the night before. Our plane that we were supposed to work on had to go back out, and the next plane got there after 10, and we were done and gone by 5. We even helped some guys on another plane in between things.

Allan I'm afraid the only way you're going to be happy with that car now is to sell it. I'm guessing you will have perpetual problems because the shop already is tired of you, and doesn't want to do the right thing. I hate this. What ever happened to people taking pride in their work.

Looks like a nice day shaping up. Hope I can get up a little early and move a couple things. Tonight is Friday, got four days off coming up.

Have a good day everyone see you later.
Old May 24th, 2015, 06:11 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin Oldsmopeoples.

Carbon copy of paradise again today. Ordered the AC install yesterday. It'll be done on June 15, so a late BD present. Ameritech is a Trane product and my research indicates it should be a decent unit. 13 seer 3 ton capacity.

Mike, no sir you'd be wrong about that. I love this car but I'm kinda picky about the workmanship, or poor workmanship that continues to be evidenced. If I didn't care about cosmetic appeal of the car it would be full of dents, missing paint and perpetually dirty. The car is a wonderful performer and incredibly nice to drive. It also has a lot of nice options since it's a Limited model. I could care less if they're tired of me, they'll keep seeing my punum till its done right. I don't think I'm being unreasonable asking for a repair to be done right.

Dan, I think I should clarify this was an independent shop. Not fixed at a Hyundai dealership. That's why I said it's not Hyundai's fault. Forgot if it was the right or left foot that got worked on? So long as it heals well I guess it won't really matter.

John, de natural look an be quite appealing to some long as it don't connote abandoned property. Den ya hit de vagrant nesters tryin ta lay a claim.

Clint, I was thinking of you yesterday Eve when I was grillin some poke chops. I thought "where de heck is Clint? Do I hafta drink both of these tall cold beers by myself?" Heard no answer so I did

Ted, how was cruising yesterday? You're probably busy plowing under the wheat and planting corn?

Scot, time to make a monthly visit brother.

Time fer a koffee and morning news. Enjoy your day.
Old May 24th, 2015, 09:12 AM

Allan, I didn't realize that it wasn't the Hyundai dealership. Just slightly sore this morn. I haven't taken any pain pills yet (Norco), just the anti inflammatory. Nothing like getting woken up at 6am to the sound of the cat tossing cookies, and me hobbling around trying to clean it up. I am going to head out to the grocer's this afternoon cuz T bones are on sale for 5.99lb, almost half off, then I'll rest for a bit, then give the laundromat a try, as I don't want to tackle my basement steps. I am not supposed to be on my feet for that long, but it has to get done. I see that Sandy is back in the hospital, I wish her the best with her battle.
Old May 24th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Captain Starfire

Hola, folks...

Whelpt, another gor-joo-us day in paradise. Spoiler alert for anybody who was planning on watching a delayed / recorded Indy 500 -- turn away now!

Montoya did it again. Gotta' give him credit... he had gotten down to 30th position and came back up to win... Penske does it again. Fine race, IMHO, although the beginning was a bit tedious.

Allan, arm seems to be doing pretty good as long as I avoid 1 or 2 very specific strenuous positions. Been doing my exercises daily and taking my medicine. So far, so good. So sorry about that body shop. It becomes a matter of who has the stronger stomach... I'd keep bringing it back to the lice just out of principle; but they really do make you want to give up.

Mike, it looks great with the grass cut, but we need to do something better in the long term. BTW, interested in any free used furniture: ;-) Got a sofa & loveseat the boy & girl would love.

Whelpt, y'all have a great rest o'holiday, Oldsmofriends.
Old May 24th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey John. I'm witchu. Unfortunately for dem I'm a strong believer in warranties and since I is retired I have the time to be a royal PITA to them as much as they've been one to me with their substandard repairs. A good shop would have quality control, right? I see this is mostly the fault of the shop manager (not the owner) who just doesn't like me. Too bad he doesn't understand what good customer service is. Wouldn't surprise me if he was the one who did the molding hisself.

Dan - T bones for 5.99?? Score buddy! Send me a few would ya? No -wait, send the bones to Mike for his pups. How did you find out Sandy was back in de hospital? She hasn't posted here in ages.
Old May 24th, 2015, 02:30 PM

She hasn't posted here in ages.
Facebook.
Old May 24th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Captain Starfire

Oh, yeah, Allan & Dab... fergot to say -- my burgez is da' best.... but it's nice to be able to go somewhere close, not spend a fortune, and have 'em wait on you and clean up after. But it's tough to compare any burgers I eat out to my own. Dan, if I liked the Bleu Cheeze, I'm sure I'd love yours! (Better half would likely swoon.)

There's a place in N.O. called Port of Call (in da' French Quarter) and they had the best burgers I knew of (at a restaurant) hands down when I was in my 20s. But the last time I went about 10 yrs ago their prices were thru the roof and the quality (and size) had diminished greatly. I guess it doesn't matter that much anyway, since I very rarely make it into town anyhowz. But in the old days, it was 15 minutes away.

Actually Ground Pati was pretty darn good when I was about 40 yrs. younger! And there were "branches" all over the Greater N.O. area. In fact, we triple-dated there in our tuxedos for our H.S. graduation.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 24th, 2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old May 24th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

What a glorious weekend it's been. Too bad I had to waste it on work. If I'm to believe the forecast, there will be rain here and there the next several days.

I saw that Sandy was back in the hospital on facebook also. I must have missed something somewhere. One time she posts that she has a lot of pain and the doctor thinks it might be cancer, and now she's in treatment for bone cancer. I missed the middle part. No matter, I hope she gets over it quick.

Been reading up on Dodge vans and the like, and came across this one guy who's had more than his share of bad luck on a van he bought. Anyway, it got me to thinking, maybe my oil pressure problem is due to sludge. Sometimes I have good pressure, some times it's bad. Maybe sludge is sloshing across the oil pickup. So here's a question. What if I drained the oil and put in 5 quarts of ATF and ran that around town for a couple days. Would it be too thin for the lube requirements of a 318? Could I take it out on the highway? Is this a bad idea?

John did you get your new furniture? The dogs would love some new stuff to lounge on. They'd go crazy trying to figure out the cat smell.

Well time for Night 3. It might be pushing it too much to hope for another light one. That's okay, I got four off and they can't touch me. Okay have a good night everyone.
Old May 24th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Captain Starfire

Gee...

Hadn't heard about Sandy. I'm a little shocked... and saddened.

Mike, yes, we did. Bring that big van up here and take 'em home witchoo next time we're up.
Old May 24th, 2015, 04:28 PM

T bones for 5.99??
The *%#@ "Product of Mexico", that just pissed me off! no where in the ad did it state this, and USDA inspected they claimed? A wasted trip, I'm ticked!!
Old May 24th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Just an Olds Guy

There was this place I used to go to every Friday when I lived down in Dayton (OH). It's called Max & Ermas. Apparently it's still there. Any of you who live close might really enjoy their food. It was jumbo size back in the day and the floor was always coated with broken peanut shells. Sorta like a tradition I expect. Good food though at a great price. Beer was cheap then too. Max & Erma's They have oodles of locations now. Appears they've really franchised out.

Dan - Thanks. Keep us updated? Bone cancer is a real bitch. My Dad had to have a bone marrow transplant and it didn't help a bit.

John - I'd love to check out your burgers! That NO quarters sounds like it would be uber cool too. Why is all the food I like stuff I'm not spoda eat now???

Mike - Those are basically tractor engines. I don't think I'd put only ATF down the crank although it's got the viscosity to lube. What I'd do if I thought it was really sludged up is pull one of the VC's and look at the top end. If it's sludged up? Drain about 1-2 quarts of oil and plug it back up. Then add 1-2 quarts of ATF and run it for half an hour. It should clean nicely if that's what you're after. It might however clean too much and you could end up with leaks where there weren't any before though. Your call.
Old May 24th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
The *%#@ "Product of Mexico", that just pissed me off! no where in the ad did it state this, and USDA inspected they claimed? A wasted trip, I'm ticked!!
Wow, I would be too. How do you feel about Canadian Beef? A lot of the stuff the USDA has been passing off as USA beef is actually Canadian born, raised and shipped to the USA for market. It's part of the "Country of Origin" labelling. You'll see that on the label. BTW we get tons of good eats here (mostly poke and poke ribs, not much beef cause we're a major beef producer in AB) that are USDA and sold as such in our markets. Gotta say, dem are good eatin and the cost is easy to swallow too.