The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Well that didn't last long. I'm in a snit. I thought the best way to separate me from that which irritates me was to distance myself. Well I missed interacting with everyone else and someone who is smarter than I am said there's really no use stressing over it.

Had an awesome time with John and Better Half yesterday. How nice to relax with friends and also drive around and see different sights for a change. And of course an excellent meal. I pity anyone who doesn't know these people.

Beautiful here. Foggy this morning but sunny now, don't know when the rain is supposed to come back. I heard rain all week, wouldn't be sorry if that were incorrect.
Old April 7th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Damsel in Distress

No...Im forced to drive this

Ahhhh ahhhh...so tired of driving the van...dont get me wrong...Shes a great van...but no as cool...after the fiasco with Express Lube I haven't driven to work...yet...wanna make sure DnD is ok

Allan still wking on the carb stuff suppose to by a rebuilt one this weekend..the pic of the car was a few weeks ago..
I miss driving DnD to work....

Dont think their out yet..but Im a goog old country girl..so Im very aware of what learks..I let my ears listen first and nvr walk out in areas like this with out the cowboys boots....I thought that very same thing Allan..thanks for looking out

Last edited by becerra66; April 7th, 2015 at 03:20 PM.
Old April 7th, 2015, 03:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - so good to have you back. You can always vent on us if you're in a funk. We get it.
Old April 7th, 2015, 09:55 PM

Soon the blood suckers will be airborne and the air will be alive with what sounds like drones passing overhead. Just it will be skeeters.
By the way, the mosquito is Alaska's State Bird.
Old April 8th, 2015, 04:26 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin All

Wurm, I guess

Jim, I live in the frozen north because we have less disease...it all dies when Old Man Winter sets in. I have no idea if it is true, but sounds good

John, sounds like you had a good time with Mike. . You have a bike?

Mike, glad you are back. I would have liked to meet up with John when I was in NO, would have been fun touring around with a "local"

Allan, appliances do not last. I keep an old kettle from my mother as a back up...so far it has outlasted 3 new ones....and a rotary phone for emergencies when the power goes out

Have a Day All
Old April 8th, 2015, 04:28 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike. Glad to hear you all had a good time.

hope everyone has a good day.
Old April 8th, 2015, 05:28 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to be nice dis mawn'in wit afternoon showers.

Saw Tiger say " He werked his a$$ off practicing." Maybe I should go to de range again today and try to figger out why I've been playing so poorly

Mike, Glad ya had a good time. John and his much better half are alot of fun.

Guess I should be happy living above de gnat line [Hey WTH is Scot?] and below de White socks line.

FWIW Y'all really need to watch de Masters on TV. Forget about golf and jes look at de grounds.It's absolutely amazing dis time of year. 1st claas all de way an de only sporting event left that de sell refreshments cheap.
Old April 8th, 2015, 05:44 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', Boys & Girl(s?)

Brite & sunny morn in da' hills thus far. Three different forecasts for today on 3 channels. Weather Channel sez 50%, and that's the highest. We'll see. Been doing a little more pressure washing, hoping to get down a coat of paint on the railings and stairs before we leave. We'll have to see whether the weather cooperates.

Thanks for the kind words... Better half & I are blushing Mille Miglia red.

Glad to hear you made it back in 1 piece, Mike. Was hoping you didn't get stopped after putting down those two hi-fructose Cokes.

Jamesbo, I'd think if you really liked playing 'goff' (as my BIL pronounces it), maybe finding a pro and getting some 1-1 lessons would be fun, and a good investment. You may find a couple things that improve your game on a quantum level. Just need to loosen the rubber bands on the money roll.

Ted, I have an '07 Yamaha FJR. I brought it here to the mountains last year to ride and unfortunately, dropped it whilst climbing Brasstown Bald, about 10 miles from the house. Thank goodness, no MAJOR damage to me or the machine; just a major PITA, and 3 scratched and scraped panels. I have no confidence this paint guy will have them ready by Friday, but it was worth a shot. I'll bring the panels home and do them myself if he hands 'em back to me untouched. They were MUY difficult to remove (for me), so I hope it's all worth it. It will feel fantastic to start putting it back together, which won't happen until our next visit to da' hills.

Whelpt, let me get back to the pressure washer before the Weather Channel prophecy comes true. Y'all have a great humpity, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 8th, 2015 at 05:50 AM.
Old April 8th, 2015, 05:59 AM

John, I have hundreds of lessons.De sign in de traing booth says, "Practice makes permanent" [not perfect] So, I'm always worried my practice makes me permanently poor.
Old April 8th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

One more day till GSC. Then that's it for the year.

Jim, I tink her right. BYW I don't take lesson an I plays like a gote too.i likes it dat way tho. Sides, I'm not about payin de pros ta show me what I can't do no matter wut. I've oft admired de masters grounds an foliage on de TV.

John, you must love painting. Don ha gotta wait a day or so fer de wood to dry after its pressure warshed?

Mike, so rum an cokes yer fav?

Dan, sometimes I thing that up here too.

Darrell, wutchu up to? Progress on de Riv yet? The bumper come back yet?

Looks like the weathers finally here. All week now it Spoda be in the high 50-50 range. Happy days!

Enjoy your day.
Old April 8th, 2015, 07:21 AM

Allan-you caught me on a worm technicality.
Old April 8th, 2015, 07:39 AM

Saw Tiger say " He werked his a$$ off practicing."
Jamesbo, look at it this way, you'll probably win as many tourney's as Tiger Woods! high praise indeed.
Old April 8th, 2015, 07:58 AM

not sure if it is OK to post this here but:
i need one or 2 vendor spaces for Spring Carlisle April 2015. (not car corral)
PM or phone 3308276109
let me know if you know of any
thanks
Tweed
Old April 8th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Tweed,
Prolly won't get the exposure here that a new thread would asking the same question. Thanks for the visit, and good luck with your quest. Wish I lived close enough to take in Carlisle. It's like an annual Mecca I only get to hear about.
Old April 8th, 2015, 02:04 PM

Hi All,

Someone, who shall remain nameless, suggested that I should drop in if for no other reason that to just say hi. I won't be a regular on here but maybe I'll post something from time to time. Today, I saw a reason to comment.

Allan....you know Carlisle isn't far from MD.... About 90 minutes tops from my house and that's driving so as to not attract the law peeps.

Haven't played a lot of golf over the years but have been out a few dozen times and even managed a hole-in-one on a par three several years ago. That was more luck than skill as even a blind squirrel can find a nut from time to time. Normally my score reflects me getting my full moneys worth!

Brian
Old April 8th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful and hot day today. It didn't feel uncomfortable in the house but I looked at the Tstat and it was 83 in here. So the deal with the dogs is if it gets over 80 I turn the air on. My air kicks ***, after only a few minutes it's below 80 already.

Hi Brian. Stick around.

John right after I stopped for gas in Hiawassee my neighbor called and said you'd better get home quick, it's thundering and lightning. I said, it will be 2 1/2 hours. I think I made it in 2:10. The dogs were fine, the room not tossed, and the storm passed when I got home, so I was glad.

Ted to answer your question, the convertible is drivable, the wagon would be drivable if I did the brakes on it, and the 4 door is smashed flat because a tree fell on it. And the 65 would be drivable if that tree wouldn't have jumped out in front of it. (different tree)

Okay time for work. Everyone have a good evening.

Last edited by slantflat; April 8th, 2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old April 8th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Just got back from Costco....uh huh uh huh. Dats de way to drop some coin uh huh uh huh... and most of it was stuff we use all the time. Had to make 5 phone calls to de missus for clarification on stuff dat was 'on de list' and some stuff dat wasn't but prolly shoulda bin....

Brian - So you're saying I should fly down to Carlisle and you'll pick me up and drive me to your place??? That would be GREAT. Bring the Challenger and we could see if the local law enforcement is up to the chase. Wooooo HOOOOO! Bo and Luke Duke lives again!! Now we just need to get Miss Daisy to show up. I'm sure you could find someone who fits that description purty easy!

Mike - WTH?? A tree fell on your 4 door? When did that happen? Thought you just got that recently. What a bummer
Old April 8th, 2015, 07:41 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone, happy hump day. As of yesterday, all the snow was finally gone from my yard. But guess what, we had flurries today. Winter just doesn't want to let go.

Allan - Everyone's off from school this week so if I'm not working, I'm with all of them. I have not had any time lately to get back to the Riv. I have the front fillers on but I'm still getting the back ones in. My heat gun has been getting a lot of work lately, definitely helps getting them to fit better. Haven't checked in with Sandy's bumper mart lately, I need to shoot them a message. I sent them my original 63 Riv bumper and they had to do a little extra work on that one so I suspect that's what is holding up my order.

Mike - Sorry to hear about the car.

Yep, Carlisle is around the corner, and I would like to go, just not sure I have the time right now.

Have a good night all.
Old April 8th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Darrell! Nice to see you again.
We had the spring break up here last week. Have fun being Mr. Dad all week
Old April 9th, 2015, 05:07 AM

Morning Everyone.

Allan, you would need to fly into Baltimore so I could pick you up and bring you to my place. Then we could leave the next morning to head up to Carlisle and hey, we could take the Challenger and try to pull off being the Duke boys. We have the color of the car covered and I think I can get us a Miss Daisy too that likes cars! Too late to put into play for this spring but let me know about the fall or next year and we'll make it happen. Then you can cross that one off your bucket list.

Mike, sorry to hear about your bad luck with the trees and your vehicles. Sounds like you need to start washing those vehicles with tree repellant.

Another dreary and cold day and it's spoda be spring....wth? Also noticed yesterday that while the price of crude dropped, our gasoline prices increased $0.16....double WTH?

Hope everyone has a good day.

Brian
Old April 9th, 2015, 05:17 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Brian welcome to the thread.

Mike sounds like you need to move out west where there are fewer athletic trees.

Allan, I dropped over 6 bones at Costco on Saturday. And that was without shop stuff

Darrell we had thunder, rain and hail last night. but no snow

Have a Thursday all.
Old April 9th, 2015, 05:20 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Got home late from work this morning so might as well chime in before I hit the sack. Not a bad night at work, just long.

The tree falling on the car happened many years ago. I still have the car under a cover on the side of the house. It's the first car I bought way back in 1984. I can't bring myself to get rid of it. Besides the tree, it is rusted up to the windows, and the interior is all ripped up. One of those "someday" projects.

Looks like it will be a pretty day. Hope I don't see too much of it. Have a good Thursday everyone.
Old April 9th, 2015, 05:29 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik g'mawnin to all.... Looks nice around here; scant chance of rain, which means it'll be above 80 today.

Glad the pups were OK, Mike. I'm sure that hearing that news did nothing to increase the fun of the ride home on Monday. Maybe they're getting better about the storms & such....

Allan, I don't live to paint, but it needs to be done and it's hard finding somebody reasonable who does as good a job as I (assisted by Better Half sometimes) do. I really take my time, and it lasts. We paid a guy about 3-4 years ago to do the railings and such and two years later, it was peeling in places. Lesson learned. The thought of painting is much worse than the actual task once you get everything mixed and set up. And of course, the painting per se is the easy part -- the hard part is the surface prep (sanding, scraping, cleaning, etc.).

On another note, we got a crazy notion yesterday afternoon and decided to go shop for a couple "counter stools" 'cause the bar stools we have at the kitchen counter are too high. So we visited 3 or 4 places and found two we liked, and bought them. Only thing, we wound up buying a sofa and love seat too . Nothing like laying down a chunk of cash on a whim... too bad it couldn't have been car parts. But we needed them, and since they had to be ordered, we'll pay the bulk when they come in next time we're up. Anybody need a nice decent dark green sofa and love seat? They're yours for the pick-up. (Can be used as puppy furniture in the Greater Stockbridge area.)

Welcome aboard, Brian (and Tweed, too).

Clint, how much is a bone? Me hasn't spent any of 'dem dat I know of.

Darrell, good to see Leslie gracing our thread again.

Where is Scot?

Y'all have a great Day of Thor, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 9th, 2015 at 05:40 AM.
Old April 9th, 2015, 05:41 AM
CQR

John I always use a Bone as a unit of $100.
Old April 9th, 2015, 05:55 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day down ere

Cemetery is kinda quite so I'm headed North

Clint/ John, I always called dem Cat eyes

For those of you what's don't follow golf [cause you're too busy curling]

At 75 the golden Bear still has a few shots left

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
Old April 9th, 2015, 06:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone.

Wow, a hotbed of activity already this mawnin! Dats great!

Looking for a beautimus 65 here today. That should melt the last of the snow and ice hopefully. Soon as frost is out of the ground I can get the lawns lookin like Augusta....

Jim, wutchu mean? Ders life udder den kerlin? Yup, ol Jack made de news up here. He's got 6 green jackets but I betcha dey don't all fit anymore.....

Brian, that would be a hoot. Not sure about the fall. I'm going to be out on the West coast then. Soooo tempting though. Hope Miss Daisy will still be available when we go. Sounds like your weather is colder than ours? Yikes! Gas here is still around $3.45/ US gal. That's after a slight drop of .35 last week. It fluctuates up here whenever someone sneezes it seems.

Clint, yikes. 6 bills? You musta filled up 2 carts? Amazing how much ya can spend trying to save on stuff isn't it? Now I'm scared to go get a replacement 1/4" drive. Might have to stop a Snap on truck somewhere.

Mike, prolly not gonna happen with that one? Sounds like John has a deal for ya.

John, I unnerstand completely. No one will do the job as well as someone with a vested interest. Doggy furniture fer Stockbridge area? Cool, a Puppy special!

Ted, 2 more hours till de rocks start sliding. It's you and me bud. I don't think the others are into it like us... how's progress on the vert?

Scot/Adrian? Where are ya?

Weel, went back and fixed at least a doz auto corrects this stupid eye pad did on my typing. Prolly mixed one or two. Time for a kuppa koffee.
Old April 9th, 2015, 10:27 AM

John, I would swing by and hep ya paint but de first thing I did when I got up ere was take my shoes off an go barefoot.
Old April 9th, 2015, 11:14 AM
CQR

Allan, One cart (It did have printer ink in it. )

Jamesbo. That was cool. He looks shorter than I remember back when he was doing the Pennzoil Commercial with the old tractor.
Old April 9th, 2015, 12:57 PM

Clint, I think ya got Jack and Arnie mixed up
Old April 9th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice day for sleeping. Only had to get up a couple times, and got up for good around 430. Gonna be a nice night, too.

John I asked the dogs and they said their favorite color is dark green. Didn't I tell you I was thinking about driving the truck up there one of these times?

Jamesbo I remember that commercial. I used to use Pennzoil until it like tripled in price. No I use synthetic in most of the cars and it's triple that price. Hm.

Clint my friends almost had me convinced to move out there a few years ago. A leisurely drive in the mountains, a bright, and deep blue lake in the middle of God's country, a couple really cool railroad museums, almost had me. I'm going to be visiting them next week, by the way.

Okay time for work. Night 2. Friday awaits.
Old April 9th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Didn't really get a chance to watch much curling. Kept purty busy driving the missus around to her 'oh I just want to check this place for a minute' stores. Don't EVER believe that for a second. Lucky for me I could drop her off and go somewhere else for 45 minutes at a shot. I will be watching the curling tonight though because it's my 2 favorite players of the past decade: Stoughton vs. Howard. I wish both of them could win... oh well.

The hot water tank dip tube decided to pack it in so I needed a new one. Jeepers they're scarce around this neck of the woods. The HWT is right below a drop floor so getting in/out of there is a real PITA. And, the water line runs about 2" away from the gas line to the furnace. Nasty. I decided to use flex pipe with shark bite connectors to solve the problem of no soldering. Really cool, the SB fittings are spoda hold up to 3000 psi which would be a real disaster if I ever had that in the lines. The flex hose will do the trick nicely and also has a dielectric connection on one end. I still have to install the shut-off in front of it, but that will be a breeze. Not many places sell dip tubes, which is a bit of a concern.

Jim - didju watch dat holi in won de golden bare did on dat par tree? Sposedly it never happened ever in tourney play to hm before. Nice way to play de last game huh? Bye de bye, I usta use ol Pennzoil all de time till Costco stopped stockin it.

Clint - you must have a heck of a lot of printers...I only buy stuff every 6 months or so. The printer cartridge refill program at Costco isn't that good. It screws with the printers sensors and registers the cartridge as empty. Brings up all kinds of diagnostic messages I could do without.

Mike - Enjoy night 2. I won't use synthetic in the Saturn unless I want a lake on the floor. But syn works great in the Sonata. I usually wait till it's on sale cause that stuff is pricey as gold up here. On sale I can get 5qt for around 27.00 which isn't bad.

Gonna grill some rib eyes shortly...so perfect outside! Blistering 65°! Tomorrow I'm hitting the boneyard. Spoda be even warmer. Purty soon it'll be too hot and we'll be wishin for snow or sumpin...
Old April 9th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Terry - Condolences for your loss. Prayers sent. I'm sure your sister is in a better place now.
Old April 9th, 2015, 08:48 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Well, we've been stuck in a crappy weather pattern lately, the sun has been AWOL since Sunday and I don't think it supposed to improve until this Saturday. Spring is taking its sweet time getting over here to this neck of the woods.

I got an email today from Sandy's Bumper Mart letting me know that my bumpers have been rechromed and are ready for pick up. It's a 250 mile drive for me to go get them so I need to figure out when I can find the time.

Allan - Actually with my wife home this week, I've been spending more time working late. I find time to play with the kids, just not as much as I'd like.

Clint - I bet you're really disappointed that you didn't get any snow this week. LOL

John - Good to hear from you too. You'd be happy to know that I've got the kids hooked on the Naked Gun Series and Spy Hard. They miss some of the adult humor but there's still enough stuff they find is funny. One of those movies seems to end up in the Blue Ray player every week.
Old April 9th, 2015, 09:55 PM

A bit of blustery weather on the way home tonight, heavy rain and wind, got about 2 miles from home on the business route of US 31 at our downtown area, and the traffic lights were out, and debris, like a metal roof or building was across the highway, along with a street light and what appeared to be the traffic light itself in the roadway (hard to tell with the poor visibility and wind/rain), the emergency vehicle was blocking the lane going the other way, and they really needed one in my lane to keep anyone from running right into it. I had to detour a couple of blocks while slowly weaving around debris, which was blown up about two blocks on the side street. We are right on Muskegon Lake at that point, which is adjacent to Lake Michigan, so strong WSW winds always play havoc. I have to wait til morning to see just what happened.

Last edited by 1969w3155; April 9th, 2015 at 10:05 PM.
Old April 9th, 2015, 10:47 PM

Here's what I came upon. http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...l#incart_river
Old April 10th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Not a bad night at work, but it drug on for-ever! I was tempted to take tonight off, but decided I'd save the day for some time in June when I attempt Australia again.

Dan that's quite a storm you guys got. Never saw a roof take out a traffic light before. Would have sucked to be the guy rushing the yellow.

Are steering columns grease-able? The Dodge van squeaks something awful when I'm driving. Maybe I can find a nice tilt column to swap in.

Okay time for bed. Hope the bad storms predicted for Atlanta today go somewhere else.
Old April 10th, 2015, 04:56 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike Not easily. It depends on whats squeaking. It does have bearings that can be greased but if they are making noise it's probably too late. Maybe one of the horn contacts is dry. Thats easy just pop the wheel off and lube it up with some light grease. If you have any time let me know and we'll try to meet up for lunch.

Darrell, Not as disappointed as you may think . It's a bit niply this morning tho. humid and right about freezing. The baby chicks are not gonna be happy when I kick them outside this morning.

Dan. Looks like you fared better than Rochelle Il. I saw a Vid of that twister. It was pretty good size.

Allan, I do have more than the average bear but I only bought for the one here in the Home office. 2 XL blacks and 3 Tricolors was over $100. That'll last us over a year tho. I've never had luck with refilled cartridges. My Aunt uses them and her photos look like abstract water colors.

Jamesbo, I guess you're right. Sorry, Hey at least I Had someone from the right era.

Have a day all.
Old April 10th, 2015, 05:26 AM

John, I ain't try'in ta telll ya what ta do BUT I don't think I'd be try'in to paint in de mountains. It looks like it's fix'in to come up a cloud
Old April 10th, 2015, 07:17 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone.

Not much going on this morning.

Dan, that's really nasty looking.

Mike, was it squeaking when you bought it? Just when turning or all the time? You check the collar that bolts it to the dash subframe?

Ted, was prty tired last Night so I'm just finishing the Stoughton match I PVRd. Looks like Jeff is in the drivers seat.

Enjoy your day.
Old April 10th, 2015, 07:35 AM

Looks like you fared better than Rochelle Il. I saw a Vid of that twister.
Yep, I saw that vid too, pretty nasty. Tornadoes of that magnitude are very rare in these parts, I'd probably sh*t myself if I saw one of those bearing down us!