The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2016, 05:41 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening all. Sunny and 73 today. Supposed to be that way all week. Guess it is our Indian Summer.

Took out the Olds today and put about 50 miles on it. Since I added the performance sway bars it handles so much better. The only problem is I'm hanging on for dear life when I make turns. That nice bench seat and center arm rest doesn't exactly hold me in place very well. lol.

John -how about a newer pick up truck? They are relatively low-tech compared to the upscale cars with the modern drivetrain and conveniences. My Silverado is very easy to get in and figure out how to use everything.

Clint- well it sounds like the both of you had fun at least anyway. Hope you weren't hurting too bad today.

Dan - sounds like a nice house, enjoy your new diggs.

Mike - they are nice even though they are a little plane jane. Actually saw a sister to that today, a black 68 4 door Dart. Wouldn't mind having it myself.

Night all.

Last edited by OLD SKL 69; October 17th, 2016 at 05:47 PM.
Old October 18th, 2016, 04:58 AM

Mawn'in all

Dan, did cha read the post about de guy in Germany that has a girl friend in Maine dat needs a ride in a muscle car. Just saying

Played like a goat a-gain. My game is in la toilet and I hate it.

Mike, I thought about you dis mawn'in when I ate my BIG bowl of grits with butter and chopped up sausage

GTG I got another B'hai family coming today

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old October 18th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all....

Thanks, Jamesbo. Ishmael I ain't. We've never been to Ashville, much less Biltmore. I'ts been on our bucket "mountain" bucket list since 2009. Lookin' forward to it eagerly.

Mike, I don't got no powder, so I can't take one~! And Jamesbo's right... be sure your Mama is in FL when you taste dem grits, 'cause you be sure to swing out and try to slap her. BTW, I pay a total of about $47 to StraightTalk for my android, and I think it's just a dilly. I knew absolutely nuttin' about app's & data plans until last year. After a month of use, felt I knew just what was goin' on. As Jerry and Elaine once said,

Decent trip to S. Shore yesterday... but it took basically the whole day. Got stuck in the thick traffic on way home. Made the mistake of stopping at the Costco in N.O. w/ Better Half and $267 later, we were headed norte.

And speaking of Better Half, she went to Wally World whilst I was in MI last week and forgot a bag of groceries on the cashier's lazy susan. So we call 'em up and they say, "Sure! Come on by... we'll make it good." So, we stop at WW yesterday and 50 minutes and a few coronaries later, we walk out with our forgotten coffee & grits. (Yes, Mike, GRITS .) That was the most expensive $15 worth of groceries we ever bought. I hope she checks the bags before coming home next time.

Y'all have a great week, Olds amigos.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 18th, 2016 at 07:57 AM.
Old October 18th, 2016, 08:17 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Ug. Slept half the day away. Missed my friends at the Awful house, have too much to get done. Well, I'll have lunch at the Awful house.

It's bath day for my girl no matter what today. It's supposed to be in the 80s. It better hurry. After that, ready the trailer for the next acquisition.

I'm going to Walmart tonight. Luckily I don't buy coffee or grits. I am no fan of the lazy susan. I saw nothing wrong with the groceries being checked, going down the second belt to the end of the counter, and someone putting them in a paper bag for you.

John I think the closest I've gotten to the smart phone is Straight Talk. Or track phone. Are they the same thing? I get physically ill when I think about it. It still seems strange to me that I don't have a phone attached to the wall.

Gotta get going. As they say at work, these items are "must do." Have a good day everyone.
Old October 18th, 2016, 09:10 AM

Dan, did cha read the post about de guy in Germany that has a girl friend in Maine dat needs a ride in a muscle car.
She's just a little too far away to entertain.
Old October 19th, 2016, 04:50 AM
CQR

Morning all. Just a quick check in. Way too far behind at the shop. Got here at 4:45 this morning and it still wasn't early enough.
Old October 19th, 2016, 06:00 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to e a hot one today

Clint, You sound like me. The harder I try the more behind I get. Only I have sum one to constantly remind me of how sorry I am

Mike, Red dog doesn't like baths, he likes showers and swims in the lake.

Not gonna watch de debates tonite. FB has me pitch'in my cookies already. I really do wish one of the candidates had married OJ

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old October 19th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Captain Starfire

Nudder hot & muggy one in da' swamp. Doesn't seem much like rain, but they say 20-30% will see some.

Mike, Straight Talk offers Tracfone service (I think exclusively); but you can get a Tracfone without going thru Straight Talk. If you take the plunge and commit to it for a couple months or two and don't throw up your hands the first time the unexpected or complex rears its ugly head, you'll be happy. I was paying about $30/mo for "nothin'" service; now I pay (as I said) about $47 for unlimited phone service and a decent data plan. And this LG Android phone was cheap as dirt.

Hope you get caught up, Clint. Maybe get some sleep for a change. ;-)

Jamesbo, I think I'll have to wash my hair (all 4 of them) tonight as well.

Y'all have a great Humpity, Olds chums.
Old October 19th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Monday for me. Been nice out, thought the other morning I saw remnants of rain. Didn't know it had rained, haven't seen any since.

As it turns out, I didn't give the dog a bath yesterday, either. She has a spot on her side that had gotten infected so I took her to the vet to have it checked out. The vet said, here's some antibiotics, let the medicine get into her system for a day or two before you give her a bath. So there you have it. My next chance for a bath will be in a couple weeks. My girl has a reprieve.

Clint hope you're feeling better from the weekend. How's the new girl working out? She was supposed to ease the workload a little.

John I'd consider getting a ST phone to use in addition to the phone I have, but then when I fall in love with it I'd still want to keep my original number. Not sure I could switch to a different, already used number once the new phone had its own number.

Time to get serious. Getting my girl to go out anymore is an arduous task. Also I need to leave a little early to stop for gas. The new Cruze gets better than decent gas mileage. Its best is 48. That must have been going down hill. Still like it.

Okay have a good Hump Evening everyone.
Old October 19th, 2016, 06:17 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Another sunny day and 82 today, our last day before the thermometer takes a 20 degree drop. Leaves are already falling too, yuk.

Going to start watching the debate in a few minutes and torture myself one last time.

Clint - I always feel like when I'm behind and work harder, I never seem to get ahead either. Hope you were able to get on top of the workload today.

John - I'm guessing that you mean that you're washing all the animals tonight?

Mike - you must have a big garage for all your acquisitions, lol.

Night all.
Old October 20th, 2016, 05:20 AM

Mawn'in all

We could really use some rain down ere

John,what happened to all you hair? Did ya rub it all off on the head board?

Been kinda quiet around de ole green cemetery dis week. No grass to cut, no weeds to wack.

Might as well head norte to get the phone to ring

Have a GREAT day Olds frineds
Old October 20th, 2016, 06:18 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin, folks....

Carbon copy of yess'a'day. Hittin' da big city this evening and playing catch-up in the home office during day. Looks like a tornadey hit it. I've been wanting to wash the Avalon since Sunday, but it ain't happened yet.

Hope the girl does OK, Mike.

Clint, hope you got a couple winks last night and that the workload is dwindling just a tad....

Darrell, no washing (in general) for the kitties... at last count, I still had 4 hairs left on my head. I checked the headboard, Jamesbo, and I found 2, so I glued 'em back in.

Whelp, lemme get back to reality, which is rearing its head. Y'all have a great One, Olds cronies.
Old October 20th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Captain Starfire

Thought of you guys

Old October 20th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Always room for one more

I should have this job.

See you guys in a little while.
Old October 20th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Always room for one more

Hi again everyone.

John that is a good video. Have you heard of this guy before, or is he an actor that is paid by the production company to make this show? I'm not doubting his car knowledge, but it struck me that he read the name "Corvair 95" off the door of the Rampside, and didn't call it a Rampside. I noticed that a couple other times, too. Actor or no, how cool would it be to go across the country and see all these cool cars.

Darrell not everything gets to sit inside. Though I have quite a few in the garage and at the shop. A buddy of mine years ago had a two car garage and three cars. He would rotate them each week. The one that had to sit outside is the one he took to work. His wife's CTS-V had to sit outside all the time.

I agree, Jamesbo, that we need rain. I just hate to see it come. We're supposed to have some I think this weekend, along with drastically lower temps. Maybe I'll beat the rush and have my gas connected early. That means I can have it disconnected earlier next spring.

Hm, who could we mention that hasn't been here in awhile and see if they'll come back. Paul? Adrian? London? How about Cutlass Dad. If I remember right he was in Milwaukee. Or Blue. Or Bulldog. Or of course 1A Tony.

Okay enough shenanigans. Time for work. One more for the rest of you then it's the weekend. Have a good night everyone.
Old October 21st, 2016, 05:46 AM

Mike, Dat dude is giving you a run for the money. Ya better hurry to catch up

GTG

Have a GREAt weekend Olds friends
Old October 21st, 2016, 05:54 AM

Weeeeeeeeekeeeenddd!!!
Old October 21st, 2016, 06:21 AM
Captain Starfire

Cool one in da' swamp... not supose to get out of the 70s today, and it's 40s tonite -- yee-haaah.

Was going to take the Yamaha to the Big City last night for my jaunt, but decided against it at the last minute 'cause I had so much junk to tote. (Stopped to see Aunt Carmy along the way.) Glad I took the Avalon, 'cause it rained almost all the way home. Don't like riding the bike in the rain one bit, so that was good.

Mike, you might be right, 'cause you're more perceptive about these things than I. I was too busy looking at the cars to listen what he had to say.

I've been watching some of the old My Classic Car episodes, 16 seasons of which are available on Amazon Prime. It's a great 22-minute bit of entertainment (without commercials). The last one spent 75% of the show w/ Richard Petty at his museum; quite a hoot.

Whelpt, all's quiet on the Southern Front. Another day of battle. Y'all have a great Friday, Olds buddies.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 21st, 2016 at 06:23 AM.
Old October 21st, 2016, 03:51 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Windy today and cool. Might think about a sweatshirt or jacket for work tonight. Man I hate that it's come to this.

John I think that's what the producers are hoping for, the cars are cool so no one notices the guy doesn't know much. Or the producers don't know any better and that's what kind of a show they put out. I really need to be on TV. The people we see on TV with the cars in various states, strewn about are portrayed as some sort of hero. When people see my cars that are pretty much the same, I'm a nut. That guy had 700 AMCs? Why isn't he a nut?

The real question is, what color is the floor of that pink Tbird?

Clint must be really busy.

Okay gonna help the neighbors move something then it's off to work. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old October 22nd, 2016, 06:04 AM

Good afternoon. Saturday. And wifey left for her friend, comes back tomorrow evening.
Perfect.

Got winter warning last monday. That means that 2 weeks after giving it, they can kick us out from work without any warning. Promises season ending soon!

Then i can spend some time with my Cutlass. Been waiting to get to tinker with my rear and gearbox.

Been fixing the house alot too before winter. Anyways, have a good weekend everyone, off i go.
Old October 22nd, 2016, 09:22 AM

Had to put my long britches on in de mountains dis mawn'in

Have a great day Olds friends
Old October 22nd, 2016, 10:31 AM
Captain Starfire

Twas a nip in da' Swamp air as well. Better Half off to Peoria, so it's bachelorhood for a week.

Y'all have a great weekend, Olds pals.
Old October 22nd, 2016, 04:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Short Friday. One day off then a week of school. Then one more night of work before I get to my regular days off again. Will be a long haul.

John hope Better Half has a safe and enjoyable trip to Peoria.

I'm always late to concede to the cold weather. I had my regular garb on last night and it was pretty nippy out. So tonight I'm taking out all the stops and have on a long sleeve shirt. That ought to do it.

Okay off to it. Have a good evening everyone.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 12:18 AM

Good Morning.

Weve been having cold, and it continues. +/- 2 celcius around zero for last week, and same goes for next week. Why cant i have clean job at office?

Have a good sunday everyone.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 05:57 AM

Mawn'in

Cool in de mountains dis mawn'in

Mike/Clint do either of you follow the prices of used Gators/Mules. I'm kinda sorta half a$$ thinking about getting another one for the cemetery [I've got one in de mountains] From the litttle bit of research I've been able to gleen, it looks like the prices on used ones drops like a rock

TIA

Old October 23rd, 2016, 09:03 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Chilly this morning! It's right at 60 in the house. Still a little too early to be calling the gas company. Though I will be getting the wood stove ready for use soon.

Got home mega-early this morning. Also found out I'm getting screwed out of two days of overtime/two days off. So I told work I wanted Saturday off because I wasn't working 6 days in a row, part of that for free. I got some song and dance about 8 hour days during school and I was only entitled to one extra day off yada yada. Whatever. I'm still coming up short a day. You'd think they were bean counters.

Sorry Jamesbo, don't follow Gators. I like the one you have in the mountains, but I don't think it is capable of what I'd ask of it. Nor do I really have enough room for one. I use the pickup truck to move stuff around at the shop.

Going to get that Valiant this afternoon. It's probably the last one on the south side. Heck, probably the last one in the state. That will probably be it for wrecks for awhile. Though you never know.

Now it's afternoon. Have a good Sunday everyone.

Last edited by slantflat; October 23rd, 2016 at 09:05 AM.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 09:19 AM
Captain Starfire

Downright nippy at 6 dis mawnin at 45 deg. F. Chilliest morning this season. Warmin' up nice, tho', and low humidity persists. Positively lovely day in da' Swamp. Almost wish I had to cut grass.

Any Chiefs fans in the audience? Hope not... not sure if the Saints are up to playing in Arrowhead and coming out alive at this point... But hope springs eternal in the Who Dat heart...

Y'all have a great Sunday, Olds podnuh's.
Old October 24th, 2016, 03:01 AM

Mawn'in

Mite nippy in Gawga too

tis Monday so time to go smack whitey around

Old October 24th, 2016, 03:14 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I'm usually getting home this time of morning, not getting ready to go. Gonna be a long day. Got about three hours of sleep last night, before my girl started having trouble. The seizures she has have caused her back legs to kick uncontrollably. Not much I can do for that. I listened to that for an hour or better, then got up and let her out, hoping that a little movement would stop the kicking. Nope. I sat with her and discovered if I lightly put my hand on her leg it would stop. So for most of the night I was laying on the floor with her, which gave her some relief but didn't do much for me. Eh, sleep is overrated. We did share a pillow.

Went and got that Valiant yesterday, no problems. It wasn't as nice as I thought it would be, the guy described it a little differently than what it turned out to be. It was in his family since new so I think he had some rose colored glasses. That's okay. I didn't tell him it was getting cut up into little pieces. Still a good deal for a C-note.

So class today. Not looking forward to it, though if I learn something I wouldn't mind it. The task of transportation this week falls to the blue van. The parking spaces at the training center are striped so close together, I'd be assured door dings in the Cruze. Used to be we'd start class at 8, then get out around 2. Now some do-gooder has decided that since we are getting credit for 40 hours, we need to be there 40 hours. Hope I can make Summit tonight.

Okay gonna finish getting ready and hit the road with all the other rush hour people. Have a good day everyone hope your week starts out good.
Old October 24th, 2016, 07:07 AM
Captain Starfire

Nippy Swamp mernin' to all... might be the last mernin' for the 40s down here for a little while. Muggies marching back this week.

Mike, so sorry your girl isn't doing well... and your sleep is affected. I have to correct you in one thing, though: Sleep is NOT overrated. ;-)

Whackem good, Jamesbo.

Actually going to resume work on S/F today after 2-week hiatus. Really tough to believe it was 2 weeks ago this mernin' that Better Half and I got up in the middle of the night to drive to airport for MI. Tempus fugit. But spoke to Gene yesterday and he's holding his own. His guardian angel, Ken, drove him up to Pellston for a Shriner's banquet and he really enjoyed it... He's big into that and the Masons, since his Dad was as high in the Masons as you can get. Gene's still bearing the torch.

Caution: Profound Seinfeld parallelism & reference! -->

Teaser: no, not another in the endless stream of Seinfeld references; but a video from Gene's #2 garage (WWII and childhood toy "museum") is in the works.

Have a great week, Olds buddies.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 24th, 2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old October 25th, 2016, 03:49 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Day 1 of class, done. I can see this is going to be a long week. So far what we are doing is outside of my job description, so I won't be using any of this new-found knowledge. Eh, I can put up with anything for a week.

I believe it's Sandy's birthday today. Hope she's smiling down upon us.

John doesn't matter what the situation, there is always a Seinfeld episode that corresponds.

Gave my girl some flea medicine, hoping that would help her discomfort. Odd she goes all summer without fleas and now she has them. I think it helped her kicking a little bit. I slept on the couch last night, and slept better than I imagined I would. My girl slept in my room as usual. I feel better this morning than I did yesterday at this time.

Summit was last night. It was MOPAR night and I saw a friend of mine with his beautiful Barracuda convertible. Oddly enough, most of the awards went to Mustangs and Corvettes. On MOPAR day. No Oldsmobiles were there, as usual.

Okay time to hit it. I'm already behind in the project so if I'm there a few minutes early I can try to catch up a little. Have a good Tuesday everyone.
Old October 25th, 2016, 05:00 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili but spose to warm up

We need rain bad

Played like a goat a-gain yesterday Most frustrating

Mike, I hope your girl is getting better

Did ya see any Roadrunners? That's my favorite Mopar

John, You do realize you have some Steinfeld issues right? I hate to say it but I never got into it. Musta been watching Star Trek or something else.

Come to think of it. When I was a pup, I never missed Walt Disney and Bonanza. Later I never missed Carson. Since them the only show I've watch consistently is Jeopardy

Course, I never turn on the radio either maybe I'm de odd ball

Welp Marker installation day

Have a GREAT one Olds friends and Happy Birthday Sandy
Old October 25th, 2016, 05:15 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Been busier than a one armed paper hanger. (Still don't really understand that phrase.)

Jamesbo, no I don't really follow the used Mule market. Sorry I can't be much help. I can tell you that price for just about everything here is more than in the midwest.

Have a Day
Old October 25th, 2016, 07:46 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin, all... Slight nip in da' Swamp air -- mid-50s, headed up to mid-80s today. We had a sprinkling of rain last Thursday nite; but no real precip for a good month, either.

Yeah, Jamesbo, I do have issues, so maybe one's with my buddy, Jerry. I didn't watch it whilst it was "live." But I definitely caught up in syndication. To me, without question, it's in a class by itself. As Mike said, every situation in life has a parallel to a Seinfeld moment.

Mike, hope the week doesn't get too tedious. And hope the girl improves -- and you get your rest.

We lost power at about 7:30 last night doe to "Public inflicted damage." So I guess it was an auto accident of some sort, or somebody whacking a power line with some high vehicle or something... Hope they lived to tell about it, anyway. But power wasn't restored 'til about 1:30 this morning. Entergy sends text updates, so you're always on top the situation! Thank goodness for that generator. Being as I was in bed, it was a bit of a waste to have it runnin' all that time; but that's why we have it. Barely a load on it, but better than more blinking clocks.

Clint, have you ever hung wallpaper?

OK, wish I'd have gotten "the man" himself, but this will have to do. This is only one of Gene's garages, but it's his "museum" garage. Quite a spectacle; but you can see for yourself if you care to

Y'all have urselves a great Tuesday, Olds comrades.
Old October 26th, 2016, 03:48 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Day three is upon us. So far remaining fairly unstressed, even though I'm the slowest guy in the class.

John my girl isn't going to improve, but the goal is to keep her in the best shape possible. That's some garage Gene has there. Next time you're up get some film of the other ones.

Clint hope things ease up for you soon. That's a better phrase than the one I usually here around here.

No Roadrunners at Summit, Jamesbo. I'm surprised the guy didn't bring his Superbird. I'm not sure if it's a real one or a clone. It's got the beak and the tail, but no vinyl roof. I'm a closet MOPAR fan, but I'm not sure I have a favorite, other than the Valiants of course.

Okay time to hit it. Have a good Humpity everyone.
Old October 26th, 2016, 05:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter chili dry one down ere

Marker installation day got put off until today cause my friendly Honduran Gorilla had other plans. I'm not gonna screw up my back wrestling them into place. BTW John, His name is Ishmael an no speakie Englisse

Mike, I had a black lab {Tar baby] sorry his name isn't [wasn't] very pc but that was his name. Smart as a whip in a duck blind. Anywho he had epilepsy but stayed under control for 15 years. He was a great judge of character. Would growl and gnash his teeth at people I later found out weren't worth the powder to shoot them.

Clint, Remember there'll be plenty of work left to do when we're gone.

John, Does you friend have a house keeper to keep his garage so Spick and Span? I didn't see one single dust bunny.When are y'all going to Ashville?

Welp, GTG Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old October 26th, 2016, 07:52 AM

That '59 Olds that Gene has can go in my garage anytime. Jamesbo, I had a Husky when I was a bit younger, and I always watched how she reacted to people. She 'bout went out the car window from the back seat to get a piece of my ex brother in law. He was a piece of ****.
Old October 26th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Captain Starfire

You guys crack me up! I need to get a dog again....
Jamesbo, it's good, but I can see he's been neglecting it over the last 9 months or so.
GTG... I'm like a 1-armed paper-hanger. ;-) Or maybe a 1-legged man in an ****-kicking contest.
Old October 26th, 2016, 10:23 AM

I read an article [which of course I can't find] about a couple whose dog HATED the baby sittter with a pashion.

They couldn't figure it out so they hid a video camera

Yep, the baby sitter was molesting their child

I always trust dogs better than people
Old October 27th, 2016, 05:35 AM

Mawn'in all

Worm

But the worm dis mawn'in is parched. We need rain BAD

My chain saw went Tango uniform yesterday. I think it's dis new gas what phuques it up

Got all my werk down around de cemetery yesterday so all I gotta do dis mawn'in is mark one lot for a funeral later in de week and kick back

Maybe I can sneak off and hit sum *****