The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2016, 05:52 AM

Mawn'in

I guess Delta isn't ready when you are

John, Trade de Yamaha bike fer a Yamaha piano

Drizzeling a mite dis mawn'in

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 9th, 2016, 10:51 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Slept real good this morning, got home a little early and it wasn't raining. It had been drizzling all night off and on.

Geez John you were going up there yesterday? I'm sorry. No, I didn't have anything to do with it, though I was at work. They said the outage happened around 0230. Around that time one of the guys called and said SAP was down and we couldn't order parts. We were all happy because we thought we could go home early. Little did we know that was just the tip of the iceberg. Last I heard Delta was offering $200 vouchers and also a change to your itinerary without charge.

I need to go speak with the veterinarian about my girl. We changed medicine because the other stuff was making her lethargic. This new stuff makes her unsocial and skiddish. The seizures aren't getting any better and I see no point in giving her medicine if it isn't helping. John I think you were right. Giving her mood altering drugs for minimal/no help is not a good idea.

Well, gotta get something done. Hope Tuesday is treating everyone well.
Old August 9th, 2016, 11:22 AM

Mike, I had a black Lab [as in black labs matter] named "Tar baby" he got a does of phenobarbital every day
Old August 9th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Captain Starfire

Mike, trip was scheduled for this morning... there was some spillover into today's schedule, apparently. I'm probably not going up at all now. I called Delta at 8 this morning and left my name & number rather than wait on the line for 2 hours. 3 hours later, I get an incoming 800 number call on the cell whilst I & better half were strolling the aisles of Trader Joes. No one on other end of call.... Hung on for about a minute to no avail. So we get home around noon and I call Delta back -- this time they say it will be at least 3 hours. We'll see what happens. I just want a refund at this point.

BTW, Mike, when are you going to be in our neighborhood?

Sorry to hear about the pups. Watched a very disturbing episode of Forensic files last night where some evil man bludgeoned his wife dead, then went after her two dogs with the same tire iron and they had to be euthanized. I haven't really been the same since. Good thing I'm not in charge of the "justice" system, 'cause I might just bring back some Old Testament justice.
Old August 9th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo that's what we started out with. The phenobarbital caused her to be unstable when she walked, had no energy, like she was drunk. That was supposed to end but it didn't. This stuff now comes in a big horse pill. Always frustrating and dramatic(for the both of us) to get her to swallow them. I usually pull them apart and put the powder on some food.

John if it's a 4 hour ride to your place from my Mom's then I'll have to sit this one out. Maybe when the weather breaks and it isn't so hot and the company has their act together I'll fly down for a day.

Going to see the vet now.
Old August 10th, 2016, 04:38 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike I'd pass at that price. It was fun looking at all the pic's tho.

My neighbor brought me back a coffee mug from the Reno car show. He says he's gonna fly out next year and drive something back. But we'll see.

John maybe trade that Yami in for something with knobbies on it. We had a neat time and the views were excellent. Here is my bride on her new scoot.
Attachment 155782

And here is some of the country we got to see.
Attachment 155783

Have a Humpday all.
Old August 10th, 2016, 05:31 AM

Mawn'in all

Headed norte unless a family calls

Clint, I guess all ya gotta worry 'bout is bears runing out in front of your bike. Beautiful country

Welp, GTG Olds friends

Have a GREAT day
Old August 10th, 2016, 05:38 AM
Captain Starfire

Cut & paste mugginess, wit addition of monsoons predicted for this evening thru Friday, and even into Saturday. Batten down the hatches.

Clint, that's gorgeous! Actually, better half & I visited a new trail in the hills that we were going to try and ride our mountain bikes thru, and were unable due to the hills and grades. It was eminently suitable for a little dirt bike, and honestly, I'd love to have one. When I was in H.S., my dream was to have a Hodaka Combat Wombat. But I guess the street bike fever got a hold of me when I was about 20, and I never got my Hodaka. (Got my brand new '76 chocolate brown Yammie XS 500 instead.)

Have a great Humpity, Olds buddies.
Old August 10th, 2016, 08:25 AM

Clint,, I have to repeat what Jamesbo said: Beautiful country. John, my buddy bought a 500 back in '75, he loved it, took me a little longer to buy a Yamaha for myself, a '79 650 Special.
Old August 10th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

My computer decided to start an hours long update when I clicked the mouse this morning. Like it couldn't have done it all night. Wonder what new surprises Windows 10 will have for me now.

Clint thanks for looking at those pictures. Seems I will remain 67-less.

John a Combat Wombat? Heck I'd like to have anything with that name.

Jamesbo have a good time in the mountains. For awhile.

So speaking of not buying something, I emailed a guy on craigslist, surprise surprise, about a VW. Looked like a good parts source for the VW that I have and don't drive. Didn't hear back for a day and went to look at the ad again, gone. Seems the thing to do on craigslist these days is instead of emailing someone back and saying sorry it's sold, to just remove the ad you should have removed in the first place and then blow the person off. And then there's the guy selling a 56 Super 88 that wanted 7500 for the longest time, now wants 9000. Amazing thing this internet.

Well the afternoon awaits. Hope everyone is enjoying their humpday.
Old August 10th, 2016, 07:47 PM

Good evening everyone!

Just stopping in for a quick visit.

After a couple of years of dealing with brake issues a new brake booster fixed it and I've been driving the car as much as possible. Even thinking of taking it to a Mustang club meeting sometime.

Clint that is some beautiful scenery!

It has been hot and dry here for a couple of months now. Temperatures for the rest of the week are nearing 100. I'm not used to these temperatures for this long.
Old August 11th, 2016, 03:38 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Paul good to hear from you. Stay cool my friend.

Mike, There will be another to come along that will fit your needs.

Dan and John, I had an '81 Seca 550 that I sure wish I'd have kept. I haven't had a street bike since '90 I guess. and I won't plate my dirtbike(it's titled and legal) because of all the crazies out there. I feel I'm much safer out in the dirt jumping it and stuff.

Jamesbo, We had lots of Deer, Elk, Meese, and Marmots, but didn't see one bear. Maybe I should ask for a refund?

Have a day.
Old August 11th, 2016, 04:45 AM

mawn'in

Clint, I'll catch ya a black bear and send himher over. They tear up bird feeders like crazy in the mountains

As luck would have it, Got a call from a lady with a need on the drive up and anutter one late las nite. So, It's LA turn around fer me this mawn'in and I'm headed back

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old August 11th, 2016, 05:26 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Jamesbo that has to be a record, someone calling before you even get up there.

Paul glad you finally got your brakes figured out. That had to be a relief. Saw your car on a google search for a different Oldsmobile.

Hope I can get in to see the vet today. She was off yesterday and busy Tuesday. But right now I'm running a little late for the Awful house.

Have a good Thursday everyone.
Old August 11th, 2016, 08:01 AM

Here's your bears, on my sister's deck a week and half ago, 75 miles north of me. look to be yearlings...maybe two years old.
Old August 11th, 2016, 10:45 AM
Captain Starfire

Afta'noon, all... so muggy you could cut the air mit a nife. Monsoons haven't come (yet). At least half the time they tell us to start building the arc, it's a dud... but I'll take it. We ain't out of the woods just yet. In any case, I might

Dan, sounds like we could almost start a one-time Yammie Rider's Group here. Those 650s were pretty bullet-proof, I had always heard. Clint, I lusted after those Seca's back then; I really wanted one of the 750 triples, but my meager income didn't permit. I was too strapped putting gas in my '69 Newport. (But ahhhh..... legroom!)

Jamesbo, better you get the calls on the way up to the hills (and later) than not at all. Seems almost automatic these days, eh?

Good to hear from you, Paul. I hope all my rigamarole on the SF brakes cures its ills. I really have no idea what's wrong with them. I'm even considering replacing the lines, even though they look great on the outside.

Hope you made it to the vet, Mike. Good luck with the kids.

Gene's in the hospital. Seems like he has some sort of aggressive infection, which he probably got at the hospital last month when they put a stent in his leg. Now they're giving him IV antibiotics just trying to find out what works. His friend, Ken (whose brand new Silverado I was going to tow Gene's Caddy down to St. Joe with) has been very good to him thus far; had a long talk with him last night. I guess ol' Gene needs prayers at this point; we're trying to keep his spirits up; but as you can imagine, it ain't easy.

Have a great one, Olds buddies.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 11th, 2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old August 11th, 2016, 02:36 PM

Just a quick visit, waiting for food to get ready and then to sleep.
Back at home, me and car at one piece. Just a tad under 1300 miles came to odo.

Catch you all tomorrow. And i noticed that "Tiistai" text, which was, if my memory services me, from Jamesbo, when i read this topic with lousy wifi now and then on vacation.

Good night.
Old August 11th, 2016, 07:33 PM

Good evening everyone.

Tonite I decided to take the Cutlass to the Mustang Club meeting. You can guess the initial reactions but had a few good conversations about the car. I wore a Shelby hat since I couldn't wear a Mustang hat in the Olds and didn't want to wear an Olds hat to a Mustang club event. At least Shelby dealt with Ford and Oldsmobile.

It was around 100*F again today. Left home with the windows open on the Cutlass but even on the highway with the vent window open it was warm. Thought about turning in the A/C but realised I couldn't close the far window while driving.

Mike, I've been driving it a lot since the new brake booster went on. I've noticed my car in Google Search results too. Makes it easy to find a picture to show someone. Good luck at the Vet.

John what kind of brake problem are you having on the SF? Sorry to hear about Gene.

Have a good Friday everyone.
Old August 11th, 2016, 08:41 PM

Clint, I had forgotten about the Secca, still a good looking bike today. I remember that I was considering a 750 Secca or a 750 Maxium a couple years after buying my 650 Special, never followed through.
Old August 12th, 2016, 01:20 AM

Good Morning.

Alot of homework waiting for me.

1969w3155 - Ha i just sold my 750 Maxim like month ago. It was museum registered, just didnt have any time to drive it since all my free time goes to Olds.

car designer - you have an really nice Olds, read through your build thread. Some rock-solid one-marque hobbyist have sometimes pretty purist comments about other makes, ive noticed. Mopar guys for sure wont tolerate anything else up here.

CQR - Nice pictures. Beautiful scenery too. Is it legal to drive out of roads on Denver?
Well, there seems to be some kind of cart-road. Just out of interest.
Old August 12th, 2016, 04:09 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Inline. Those pictures are about 4 hours from Denver. Those are forest service roads where you are allowed to ride non licensed Dirt bikes and ATV's. But in general no, if the motorcycle isn't licensed and equipped with turn signals, mirrors, DOT tires, etc. they can not be driven on the streets.

Dan, Mine was a low mileage 'Garage find' (he bought it for his wife and she never rode it) that I bought in about 1990. it had 542 miles on it at 10 years old. I put close to 1000 miles on it before I sold it to a soldier. IIRC the forks needed new seals. I had it up to 115 once but started to get a little lite in the front end.

John, hope Gene improves quickly.

Well this is my employees last day. I was not in the pool for jury duty today, so we can tie up some loose ends. The at 8:00a.m. tomorrow morning, the Green flag will drop and the wife and I will be racing until 8.pm. straight thru.

Gonna be a long day.

Have a weekend all.
Old August 12th, 2016, 04:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Hot and de grass has started growing again

Gotta spruce up the cemetery, as the drug epidemic continues. Lost another 18 y.o from the city

Inline, They ain't got no paved roads in Colorado cause nobody wants to use them.

John, Sorry to hear about Gene. My bud in the mountains [89] spends more time going and coming from one doc to another than I do mowing grass

Welp, Daylights burning

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old August 12th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Captain Starfire

Building da' arc... hope it's not a replay of March of this year; already some flooding in Tangipahoa Parish. We're fine (right now), but there are over 50 roads closed in the parish and low-lying areas are already flooded, and it's from direct rainfall ONLY -- not rising rivers. Some areas between us and Lafayette (LA) have gotten upwards of 10" since yesterday.

Rivers will pose their biggest threat after Sunday, they're saying.

Lordy, Lordy...

If you have a strong stomach, check out the radar:

https://weather.com/weather/radar/in...e/l/70454:4:US
Old August 12th, 2016, 11:58 AM

Well, thank god youre living up in the hills. Not to say it would help others..
Here we have big news from US storms up there; which is pretty strange if you think about it. But still they are up there at newsletters at Finland.

Was a nice day. Got all homework done which were waiting their doing, and just came from sauna. Tomorrow dad is going to come for a night, a little sauna, a little bit of beer.
Perfect. Need to give good greasing to my belowed one tomorrow, shes earned it.

CQR - Okay, sounds pretty much same as our laws tell here. Your pics just confused me to think its allowed to drive unplated bikes there.
We are allowed only to drive un-plated bikes here at closed areas, and when nobody sees, lol.
Old August 12th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Captain Starfire

Looking out my office window into the front yard

Old August 12th, 2016, 02:26 PM

John, I vote head fer de hills
Old August 12th, 2016, 02:30 PM

Hey hey hey; stop now. Bee_Oh_Pee has two apartments?
I was just staring at the pics and wondered that those pics didnt fit to the image ive gotten from previous pics hes send. If thats the case, take the Olds with you.
Old August 12th, 2016, 02:44 PM

Yes, Inline

John is what we call "Landed gentry" He has a place in Lousiana [a.k.a The Swamp] and a place in god's couuntry [the Georgia mountains]

For reasons I haven't quite figured out yet, He spends most of his time in the swamp swatting misquitos and repairing his road

Mike, Has two places also, A home and an airplane hanger full of cars, He still hasn't bought an airplane yet caue he hates working on them
Old August 12th, 2016, 03:07 PM

Okay, thanks for clarification. That explains many things ive been wondering.
Nothing beats swatting mosquitos

And ive pretty much also figured out that slantflat ( =mike?) aint loving the winged things where he earns his income
Old August 12th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Jamesbo that isn't exactly true. I like the planes themselves, it's the people telling me what to do to them that gets to me sometimes. I'm happy to say that since the big switch back in March, I suffer little anxiety about work. I wouldn't mind having a plane of my own, but I'm impatient. I work on jetliners every day, why the hell would I want to waste my time starting out with a little Cessna or Piper?

John you need a canoe.

Clint safe racing to you. Why is your employee leaving? Good luck finding a replacement.

And speaking of work, it's Monday. I think it's going to be a short week, then it's off to Florida to see my Mommy. My sister and I are going to attempt to get her into her own place; she is not playing well with my niece, and it's affecting the entire family. My Mom lives with my niece, who's an attorney, and not about to let any of my Mom's criticisms pass without comment. Which makes Mom mad. She can't choose her battles, everything has to be a battle. Sheesh.

Okay have a good weekend everyone.
Old August 13th, 2016, 12:28 AM

Good Morning. Saturday.. Rains outside. Pretty much closes out the homeworks outside.
Need to order wood plankets, need to count exact amount of meters first. Its gonna be alot.

slantflat- Okay, thanks for clarification of the situation. Sounds same than when i was working as car-mechanic, i couldnt be less interested about having a hobby car what to fix on my free-time.
By the way, may i ask does 1970 mean something special to you, or is just plain coincidence that you seem to own a load of 1970 cars?

Well, have a good day everyone.
Old August 13th, 2016, 03:12 AM

Mawn'in

Yeah, It's a difficult choice to wake up every mawn'in and try to decide

Tank, Stuka? Tank, Stuka

Mike, ya never seemed like de 150 Cessna type to me.

John, Forget the canoe, I'd get an Amphi [cause I wanta borry it]

Clint, Good luck with the race, Be safe

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old August 13th, 2016, 04:25 AM

Well, it looks like the Del Shannon memorial car show is a wash, rain, rain rain.
Old August 13th, 2016, 05:33 AM

Just to show my age

Del Shannon, " I'm a walk'in in the rain"
Old August 13th, 2016, 05:46 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy to report the (canoe/Amphi/airboat) wasn't needed after all here.... Others in S.E. LA are actually worse off now than they were in March, flood-wise, unfortunately. Some of my friends who had just finished repairs and buying new furniture are in deja vu mode, all over again. It's crying time again.

Jamesbo & inline, one day we'll make the "real" jump to the hills... right now, it's a "getaway" we get away to often -- and love it. But this down here is my home (& realm) -- at least fer now... If I couldn't swat skeeters & shovel crushed concrete, my life would seem incomplete

Dan, sorry ol' Del needed his Amphi. I wonder how the Cadillac concours in St. Joe is faring today.

Mike, your Mom and Aunt Carmy must be related. Dunno what happens to folks after they hit 70. They often get some sort of mouth-running license, it seems.

Be safe, Clint.

Have a dry one, Olds amigos.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 13th, 2016 at 05:50 AM.
Old August 13th, 2016, 06:01 AM
Captain Starfire

I had always heard that "Runaway" was the first song recorded to ever use a synthesizer.
Old August 13th, 2016, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
I had always heard that "Runaway" was the first song recorded to ever use a synthesizer.

I didn't know that but it's nice to have anyther senior on board to assit these youngsters in comprehending my post Many thanks for the advancced metaphorical decoding
Old August 13th, 2016, 04:15 PM

Went to the show, turned out out be ok, they had about 500 cars last year, around 300 this year, the wet weather hampered it of course, but just light rain for the 3 hours plus that we were there. If I can get Picasa to work, I'll post a link.
Old August 13th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Running a little late tonight, but got to work a little early. Not sure how that worked.

Actually I've been asked several times why I like the 70 better than anything else. I think it's just a coincidence that I have mostly 70.

Got my reservation for Reno done. Going to volunteer at the museum for a few days at the end of the month. Total for three nights is 182. I about flipped. Though, I wouldn't think twice about spending that on something I needed for the car or whatever. I guess it's perspective.

Well I guess I'll get to work. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old August 13th, 2016, 11:05 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Bee_Oh_Bee, good to hear youre okay. Showeling concrete?

Had a weird happening last evening. Day earlier i had wrote on finnish us-car forum on topic where people post their finds from various car-selling sites. I was wondering out loud who the f**ing idiot had bought one particular Duster last year, and then just put it for sale on next day on different part of Finland for 2 grand higher.
Question was given because that time i didnt have my Oldsmobile, and was going to see that particular Duster, but it was already sold on next day. Didnt make me too happy to just see it price got jacked up. Didnt go look for it anymore, since i dont want to promote such action. It was for sale, for LONG after that.

Well, happens out he was reading that too, as i kinda hoped, and called me. I bet he was drunk, and told his lifestory for me and tried to impress me bla bla bla.
We at work just cant stand for this kind of action, we follow car-ads daily and see this happening all the time. Artificially raising the prices of already stupidly expensive old American cars is just what it is, outrageous.

Last edited by Inline; August 14th, 2016 at 01:31 AM.