The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2016, 03:52 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Class was dry as dust yesterday. Saw a bunch of different ways to do things that would take me way longer than need be. I guess the instructor doesn't understand that I don't have an hour to research each thing I do. The plane has a ready time and has to make its flight. If I can't find something in a few minutes I call someone. That must be the definition of "textbook."

Went to Summit last night with my neighbor. It surprised me that he actually went. He just sat in the lawn chair and didn't see any of the cars. We took his Camaro and man is that car a beast to drive. The clutch needs adjusting, the seats are hard as bricks, the steering binds, but he thinks it's a gem. That's okay. It is pretty. He didn't want to put the top down and I said then what's the point.

Okay Day 2 of formal classroom training. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old August 23rd, 2016, 05:20 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Sold the Honda, Hope the Kawi goes today.

Have a Tuesday.
Old August 23rd, 2016, 05:56 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day dis mawn'in

Glad I got the mowing and weed whack'in done. Now I can rest and do nothing

Mike, I'm a little curious [or I missed sum thing in an earlier post] Why are you going to school? I mean like how long you been werk'in on planes?

Clint, congrats on de sale. Has de check cleared yet or was it CIFNFA [Cash in fist no fooling around}

John, I'm getting to the point where the only thing I trust less than politician is doctors and the only thing less than doctors is drug companies

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old August 23rd, 2016, 09:16 AM
Captain Starfire

Have a great one, Olds compadres. It's concrete shoveling day today (and washing cars if I have any sweat left after that).
Old August 24th, 2016, 03:24 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday was dry as toast. Jamesbo this is a training class I need to have for my job. Not sure how long this class has been offered, but just recently it's become mandatory. So everyone who hasn't had it has to go. Even me who's been doing this exact stuff for 19+ years. I have learned a few tricks, nothing I'd ever use.

Clint good luck with the bike. Figures the Honda would sell first, Honda Honda goes faster faster... Sorry.

John hope you did okay with the concrete shoveling. How long is the road and do you do the whole length?

Okay gonna finish getting ready and head for class. Have a good Hump Day everyone.
Old August 24th, 2016, 04:07 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike. The Honda was real clean and lightly used. the Kawi not so much. The guy is still interested or at least still messages me late in the evening. (way after my bedtime), but thats ok, I message him back when I get up (Way before the buttcrack of Dawn)

Jamesbo, I only accept Bank notes from a Bankrupt organization on deals like that (Yes cash)

John, hope you have few holes to fill and no leftover concrete.

Have a Wednesday all.
Old August 24th, 2016, 06:05 AM

Mawn'in all

Feels kinda like Elsie's on her way.

Busy day, family coming, 2 shipments of markers coming[headstones]

Already been to NAPA fer my second interior door handle fer my Cheby 2500 4X4 Guess I must ingress and egress alot. Had to get anther set of lug nut5 covers cause sum gremlin keeps stealing the little plastic pos during the night. Also had to order de Super model another antenna. She just can't get the Car wash experience down yet. She's still werking on car wash 101

Wanted to werk on my golf game but I don't see it happening.

Mike, I think it's about time ya got trained in what you've been doing for almost 20 years Ya think they have a class on taking your car to the car wash. I know someone who needs it bad.

Clint, When I bought my 69 H/O de dude wanted CIFNFA [cash] It looked like a drug deal counting out cat eyes [$100 bill] on the trunk

John, When ya finish would ya mind stopping by here, I've got sum pecan stone that washes outa my drive onto the road. It needs to be shoveled back up de hill. And since you got it down pat, I'd like ya to show me how to do it. [Unless of course Delta has a class on that also]

Inline, I read a joke on FB the other day about if ya saved your $$ on beer fer 20 years you could buy a Ferrari. If I can find it I'll send it to ya.

Old August 24th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Captain Starfire

Hot as da' blazes again today. Concrete (actually, crushed concrete) shoveling was an itch-bay yesterday. It was 96 deg's when I came in, and it was as if I had jumped in a pool w/ clothes on. I have to contend with the whole road (maybe 1/5 mile?), but all I do is fill holes. I did one wheelbarrow load, then I spread 3 'barrow's of river sand around the yard to fill holes from all my lovable pet armadillos.

Jamesbo, the Fo-Truk joke is heartless. (I'm on my way ) Now if you can find a joke about da' A/C system in my truck, I'll join in the festivities.

Clint, good luck w/ da' sale.

Mike, I think I'd have to revert to Bic pen spitball shooters -- as I did in the 4th grade. Hope ya' pass da' test.

Have a great humpity, Olds cronies.
Old August 24th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Always room for one more

John my Mom had armadillos at her house when she lived in Florida years ago. She put broken glass all around their favorite digging spots(which was under her house). She said it worked good, except you have broken glass everywhere.

Lunch is over, back to toast.
Old August 24th, 2016, 10:17 AM

Careful when handling Armadillo's, you can contact Leprosy from them. Did not know that they were in LA, thought that they were a southwest critter.
Old August 24th, 2016, 12:46 PM

http://speedsociety.com/authorities-...?source=c10-ss
Old August 24th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Captain Starfire

Whelpt, house clean and ready for better half's inspection when she returns from Mom's this evening. One good thing about cleaning once a month whether it needs it or not is that when you do clean, it sure looks good!

Dan, the only handling I'd like to do is in the form of a clean pop in the head from my .357. But those stinkers, like The Cars, "like the nightlife, baby..." Good thing, 'cause they're pretty dumb during daylight.

I'm going to sit up and wait for those suckers one night. But probably not tonight.

Jamesbo, when that guy slowed down to about 100, he seemed to be going slow. He was easily at 160 and above at times. He was either suicidal or had the brains of an daytime armadillo.
Old August 24th, 2016, 10:19 PM

One miscue, one driver changing lanes, and that biker is dead meat.
Old August 25th, 2016, 03:48 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Today and tomorrow, and I'm done with class. This getting up at O'Dark Thirty is for the birds. Especially when you don't get to bed before midnight.

Went to Greensboro, GA, last night to buy a VW parts car. Not a bad ride, went past Lake Oconee, which is beautiful. It was dark by the time I left, and the guy's house where I was at was in the middle of nowhere. I looked up and the sky was as clear as could be, and about a million stars. It was amazing, I'd never seen anything like that. No way could you see that in the city.

I saw another video like that, and you could see when the motorcycle got so far away from the cop he just turned off his lights. What we don't see is in the next few days when another cop sees that license plate and description the rider is toast.

And speaking of toast, time to get going. Have a good day everyone.
Old August 25th, 2016, 04:40 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Got booted off the site. I saw a bunch of ads on here and thought that was odd. Then didn't see a reply box. thats when I noticed I needed to log in. Odd.

Mike, are you saying you have no class?

John, Sold the Kawi, That was a tough sale for $250.

Cooler here. Had snow on the peaks yesterday. more showers today. the lawn appreciates it.

Have a day all
Old August 25th, 2016, 05:35 AM

Mawn'in all

When I see videos like that I always think. Well, he knows how to drive a bike but where in the world did he practice going that fast Kinda like the guy loading a bobcat in his truck using the bucket. Ya always get to see the success videos but what about the ones while you are learning how to do crazy $hit..

Mike, Glad ding dong School is over for ya

I need to work on my golf game cause it suck so bad.Then going to de big city to take sum food, then going by NAPA fer yet another antenna fer de super models car. Wonder if they have a case price.

Old August 25th, 2016, 06:33 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all.... looks like a few showers headed our way today; but that's OK by me, as it might take the edge off these dead-of-summer high temps we've been having. Unfortunately, they don't need no mo' water to the west of me.

Clint, do you use Firefox? If so, an update came out the other day and it logged me off of every site I'd been logged in to. That does sound like a rough sale... kinda' like some of my C/L deals.

Had ordered a U.S. Radiator copper-brass factory-style radiator for the GS last week, and it came on Tuesday -- beat up inside the box. Vendor packed it inadequately for the tumultuous journey via UPS from GA to LA. I don't know what they do with those packages, but it ain't pretty. But honestly, you need more than bubble wrap and a few packs of styrofoam when shipping a 33 lb radiator in a huge box. I could have done a better job myself -- and WILL when it goes back to vendor tomorrow. (They're sending me another.)

So Mike is classless. Hmmm... learn something new every day! Love dem clear, starry skies. I often envy my middle brother, whose #1 hobby is astronomy and astrophotography - since he was a kid. The man knows his constellations. Has some fancy-schmancy telescope with clock drive and camera apparatus. Goes on weekend star-gazing expeditions. The whole 9 yards. I'm lucky to find the Big Dipper on a clear night.

BTW, how have the pup's seizures been doing, Mike? Does the medication seem to be working without side effects?

Whelpt, Better Half is home again... at least to a clean house. It makes her so happy.

Jamesbo, coat hangers are pretty cheap, and are available in bulk. Tell S.M. that will be next. (Just don't tell her I said so!)

Y'all have a great one, Olds podna's.
Old August 25th, 2016, 09:11 PM

I had the same problem on Wednesday when I came here, had to log back in, and I have Firefox. One site that I use asked me for my security questions and if I was going to use this computer in the future, like it was a new computer .
Old August 26th, 2016, 03:06 AM

Mawn'in

Mike, I jest read there's a museum cloing it's doors in Normandy. They selling tanks, jeeps, bulldozers etc. Dis might be your gollden opportunity

Not sure about the shipping

John, Sorry about the rad. One would think, or maybe not

Scot, you ever gey army aunts down your way? I got sum I gotta get rid of in a pasture near the cemetery

Gotta Get crack'in

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 26th, 2016, 03:52 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

First time this week I noticed how humid it is in the morning. Sure is quiet. When I'm getting home at this time I don't usually notice. I just want to get in the house and get ready for bed.

Last day of class! Yes there are times when my class can be thoroughly questioned. Hope this class isn't recurrent. Hopefully we get out a little early today, as there are people from out of town that need to catch a flight home. The instructor says we're behind. Hm, how many times does he go over this stuff and we're behind?

Jamesbo I saw where that museum is closing. There's a few items I wouldn't mind having, but I think there will be some others with deeper pockets than mine. I'll stick with the rusted VW.

Okay time to hit the road. Happy Friday everyone.
Old August 26th, 2016, 04:40 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Great sleeping weather. got down to about 55F last night. Made it hard to get up this morning.

Have a weekend all.
Old August 26th, 2016, 10:00 AM

Good evening. Was maybe the hardest working week physically at this season, 4 days, 2 nights. From monday to this day it was straight from work to bed and back to work, and some night we had only 4 hours to sleep. One guy almost had black out. BUT- no one is forcing us to this, we are all more than willing. What could be dumber than group of "young" guys with loads of loan from houses?
Answer: Guys with loads of loan from house + american cars as their hobby

Well, sauna is soon ready. Ive been sipping beer for a while now.

Received my correct dual-hump crossmember this week also. Now i can at last get my dual-exhaust sit properly. Tho its propably next years Project, but just had to buy it while i finally saw one for sale.

Have a great weekend guys, will catch you tomorrow. Been reading now and then, but im sure ive missed some posts.

Slantflat- Any change you wont complete your class?

Jamesbo- I have no intentions to buy Ferrari, so i rather drink beer....
I dont know does the beer sold at US suck or are they importing us just the crappiest ones, but i have to say, theres nothing like Finnish Lagers. You should taste them.

Last edited by Inline; August 26th, 2016 at 10:02 AM.
Old August 26th, 2016, 08:43 PM

Inline, just the crappy ones that we won't drink!
Old August 27th, 2016, 05:02 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Well class is done and I'm glad. It didn't surprise me that I did well, though you really have to work at failing one of these classes. Thankfully it isn't recurrent.

So back to my regular schedule tomorrow. Supposed to be nice all week, though I heard there's a storm brewing somewhere that's supposed to hit us hard. I hope not.

Ready to hit the Awful house. Haven't been there in a couple weeks. Have a good Saturday everyone.
Old August 27th, 2016, 07:48 AM
Captain Starfire

Slept in this morning... felt great. Got up & made Belgian waffles, which we seem to fix 2-3 X/yr. They're really fab... better half uses coconut oil and a blend of whole wheat & white flours. Once done, I add butter, maple syrup, & sunflower seeds (my personal preference) and voila!

We have a motorcycle ride planned for Monday, but they're saying 60% wet stuff -- so we definitely are staying tuned.

Y'all have a great weekend, Olds friends.
Old August 27th, 2016, 11:01 AM

Howdy fro de hills

Got my mow'in and weed wacck'in done yesterday

Zo, I good to go til next week

Unless of course I get a call from a family

Have a GREAT weekend Olds friends
Old August 27th, 2016, 11:53 PM

Good Morning. Sunday.

Got alot done yesterday. A new Place to sleep for wifeys belowed cats
And new door to wardrobe.

Today im just gonna rest, to get ready for another week at work, which will turn out to be really hard if plans hold. Cant wait for salary

Also i think i got a garageplace for my car until i can afford to build my own ( hopefully next year) for a reasonable price, taking in account theres a 4-point lift and all the tools you can imagine.

Have a nice sunday everyone!
Old August 28th, 2016, 09:02 AM

Well as usual, I got a message this mawn'in that a family wants to meet on Monday. Thankfully when I called them back today they changed their minds to Tuesday

Whitey awaits

Old August 28th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Captain Starfire

Looks like another day in the tropics... rain, heat, & humidity dominating here in August, which is no surprise.

Was going to do the basic annual maintenance on the riding mower yesterday. Once I got all the grass clippings off the cutting deck, it was so caked w/ mud & gook I needed to hit it with the pressure washer before making adjustments, sharpening blades, lubing everything, etc., etc., which I'll do today. They only charge $100 to do it at the shop in town, but it amounts to an oil change and blade sharpening. They don't do half the stuff prescribed in the manual.

Also did a little more pressure washing, since it's been about a year since that crew came out and did the big job. White doors got pretty funky in that time.

Glad you got the extra day, Jamesbo. Inline, hope you get some R&R and glad you found yourself a temp garage for the SuperCutlass. Mike, it's good folks can again refer to you truthfully as "A gentleman and a scholar."

Y'all have a dry, cool Sunday, Olds pals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 28th, 2016 at 09:51 AM.
Old August 28th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

First night back in over a week. Hope I got enough sleep today so I'm not a zombie. It's nice to do something different but it's nice to get back to normal.

John I'm not always much of a gentleman(no real need to be), but one thing I never do is get into an elevator with a woman if we're going to be the only two in it.

Not sure if I told you guys I was pursuing another Valiant. Brought that guy home yesterday. Maybe a couple days of tinkering and it will be back on the road. That makes, oh heck, I can't count that high.

So I think I figured out the groaning noise on the Cadillac. Power steering. At low speeds or idle, it is fine. When driving, any movement of the wheel and it groans. The noise drops off a little when going around a corner, but is there at the beginning. The reservoir is full. Bad pump maybe or a blocked hose?

Okay off I go. Hope the week starts out good for everyone. Hope you can get your ride in John.
Old August 28th, 2016, 09:03 PM

Good morning. Waiting my turn to fuel pump at station.
Rainy.. Whole day.. Sucks..

I think its 3...3,5 months anymore and then to spend winter.
Wth is this "supercutlass" youre referring to?

Good working week for everyone.
Old August 28th, 2016, 09:15 PM
MOTORHEAD

hey gang
been out of bounds
hope all the critters
are getting wild
bubba
Old August 29th, 2016, 03:37 AM

Welp, this Monday so guess what
Have a Great week Olds friends
Old August 29th, 2016, 04:09 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Tis Monday, so back at it.

Have a day.
Old August 29th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Captain Starfire

No ride; too much threat of rain. We're gonna' try & reschedule; question is, "When?"

Whackum good, Jamesbo.

I'd say you're a gentleman, Mike. Especially when compared to somebody like me, who looks for women to jump into the elevator with alone. (just kidding)

Hope all Olds buds have a great day back to reality (except Jamesbo, who's going to his favorite pastime).
Old August 29th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

What a beautiful afternoon. Sunny, not too hot, humidity in check, bet it will be a nice night.

Too bad John you couldn't make your ride. Hope it isn't too long of a reschedule. I wonder if the same rules of etiquette apply at a grain elevator.

Hope you played good today Jamesbo.

I think the alternator is starting to go on the Cadillac. Noticed the light glowing dim and flickering a little on startup this morning. Well, it has to come off to get to the power steering pump so might as well swap on a new one while I'm at it. It only has 90K on it, but it's also 29 years old.

Ok ready for my Friday. Got plenty to do while I'm off, hope I can find some time to have a little fun. Have a good evening everyone.
Old August 30th, 2016, 03:49 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike that something I would never have thought about. I don't happen into an elevator very often but I wouldnt think twice about being in one with a woman. If you are already in the elevator and it stops on a floor and one woman gets on, do you then exit the elevator on the wrong floor and wait for an empty or busy car?

So John when is the 'Dry season' down yonder? We had a nice rain storm yesterday, we got about 1/2" which for a quick cloud burst is pretty good up here in the desert.Down in the springs they got a touch of hail, let me see if I can come up with a pic.

Jamesbo, hope the Tee's treated you well.

Bubba, Welcome back.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old August 30th, 2016, 06:11 AM

Famly coming early this mawn'in GTG

Old August 30th, 2016, 08:42 AM

I hope we don't get a "touch of hail" around here, geesh.
Old August 30th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all... Hot and dry today, and for the remainder of week, notwithstanding systems in the Gulf. If Good Lord says the same, they're predicting present system to have no effect on us except to suck in dry air from the North. What a switch....

Clint, I guess the rainiest weather is on average spring & fall... but it's really a week by week thing... That Gulf of Mehiko is an unpredictable lady. When those tropical systems flare up, all bets are off. That's one good thing about winter down here: no tropical systems blowing in. But your picture is quite something... Is all of that white stuff hail? And what about that manhole cover off? Man...

Mike, we're always talking about the U.S. cars vs. Japanese. One contributing factor to my bias is alternators. Historically, GM alternators aren't worthy to be put on Tonka toys.

Enjoy da' family, Jamesbo.

Don't want to get political, but is anybody else gagging at the behavior of a certain QB from SF? Man, O man.

Have a great Tuesday, Olds friends.