The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2016, 07:49 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all... Rained for hours last night, and the lawn was too wet to cut yesterday. So now I have to wait at least a few days again, and it's too high already. It's gonna' be fun to cut this time (and look like a mess in the mean time).

Got the new Raptor stainless-steel step tubes on the F-150 yesterday; they look great. The Manik one I had put on when I bought the truck 16 years ago were great (and I actually like the "round" style better); but the plastic pads on one side broke up.... and since Manik is now defunct, I can't find replacements. (I had replaced them once 10 years ago.)

One strange thing on the new ones: the tube marked "Driver's Side" I intentionally put on the passenger side, and vice versa. Very strange; makes me think I have something backwards; but they only look & fit properly (according to my assessment) the way they are now. As somebody we know would say, "Go figure."

Yeah, Jamesbo, $265 later, the units are fine. He charged me $50 to blow out the two lines (which weren't clogged), and $70-something for a pound of freon. But the units hadn't been touched in a couple years, so it's not too bad. They're not really good units (Luxaire) and are about 15 yrs old. But if the evaporator units ever need to be changed, there's gonna' be he11 to pay. The upstairs unit was put into the attic before the walls were sheetrocked, and to replace the other unit, a door frame and some sheetrock will have to be taken out and reinstalled. Oh, well... by the grace of God maybe they'll last until we sell the place -- even though we have no plans in the immediate future.

Hope you survived race day in the heat, Clint. I feel ur pain.

Hope you had some good bandages to put on the wounded head after the beating, Mike. When do the stitches come out?

Inline, sounds like you're staying plenty busy... BTW, are you still enjoying your old American tunes?

So, it's Aunt Carmy day today. Y'all have a great one, Olds pals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 20th, 2016 at 07:56 AM.
Old June 20th, 2016, 08:41 AM

New Plate

Good morning all,

I wanted to share the new license plate my son gave me for fathers day.

Old June 20th, 2016, 09:19 AM

I'm assuming that's your medical profession? Michigan probably wouldn't allow it with "***" in there.
Old June 20th, 2016, 10:05 AM

I like dis idear so much I had to rush out fer paint at Casa Depot
Old June 20th, 2016, 10:40 AM

New Plate

I should have mentioned the "Seinfeld Episode" reference.
Old June 20th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Captain Starfire

jagwhire, a friend of Seinfeld is a friend of mine (and I'm going to speak for Slantflat as well this one time). Welcome to our humble thread. Just don't offer a lift to a woman who isn't allowed to cry... else you'll have to stop short & make a grab....

Originally Posted by jagwhire
I should have mentioned the "Seinfeld Episode" reference.
Old June 20th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Always room for one more

Are you Cosmo Kramer? Then as far as the State of New York is concerned, you are the assman!

Love it! Welcome Jagwhire. Nice looking car you have there.

John there's no stitches, it's just a callus that gets thicker and thicker.

So it was only 340 at the tag office today. Forgot about the "sales" tax I had to pay even though I bought the car from a private party.

There was one little hitch in today's venture. I bought the VW from a man who bought it from a woman. The woman's maiden name was on the front but she signed her married name on the back. Now the title is no good and the tag office person said if I can't get a marriage certificate from her I'll have to go through some bonding company. Nah. I'll think on this awhile and do something creative. This one is actually my fault. If I would have gone in there with the bill of sale from the man dated March, and left the title at home, then I would have paid 10 bucks as a late fee and gotten registered and all would be fine. Oh well.

So now the task of putting all the stickers on. Also it's a rare Monday that I get to go to Summit for the cruise in. How cool is that. See ya's.
Old June 20th, 2016, 06:43 PM

Thanks Olds fans.

John, I love the Starfire. Don't see many these days.

Good cruising weather put on some miles!

Dave
Old June 20th, 2016, 06:46 PM

kUDOS, Slantflat,

Cosmo
Old June 20th, 2016, 08:32 PM

Jamesbo, why do you want a submarine painted like a watermelon in your yard?
Old June 21st, 2016, 03:49 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Dan, The wifes new Dirtbike finally showed up. She doesn't know about it yet, so I haven't posted it yet. I still have a couple things to do to it before I bring it home to surprise her.

Jagwhire, Welcome. Nice looking car.

Mike, Do you have to visit them monthly? Or bi-weekly?

John, now that you got some practice, you wanna come over and put the new nerfs on the Chebby? I got them a few weeks ago, but haven't had time to put them on.

Well gonna be another scorcher today. Spose to push 100 today.

Have a day all.
Old June 21st, 2016, 04:55 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Happy First Day of Summer. For the first 47 years of my life today has been the first day of summer. Now for the past couple years I've been hearing it's June 20. Probably from the people who brought us global warming.

Clint I only go to the tag office once a year. That's plenty. Well, I'm there more times during the year but registration is only due once a year. Geez I'd hate to have that bill once a month.

Jagwhire no matter what the situation there's always a Seinfeld episode that fits it.

John hope Better Half has a great day.

Jamesbo there used to be up by the airport a big cylinder like that painted like corn.

Well it's time to hit the Awful house. Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.
Old June 21st, 2016, 06:40 AM

Good day. Was a long day at work, was at home today 07.30am. We would had wanted to take a lil sleep and go back to work, but our boss suddenly decided we need rest..? B***s*it i say, i bet they counted our last 2 week salary and was frightened how much they have to pay for us, even we do money for them. Go figure.. Well, to heat sauna->

CQR - Yes, Chrysler Blue is atleast the colour what was written on the POR15 enamel.

slantflat- took a long while to figure out what you meant with " celebrating the next trip around the sun" until it hit my head. We celebrate it at weekend, first friday after 1st day of summer is national, payed vacation day here at Finland.

Bee-Oh-Pee- Yes i do still listen them. Great great music. My wifey just dislike, but im not asking him

Jagwhire- Welcome

Last edited by Inline; June 21st, 2016 at 07:04 AM.
Old June 21st, 2016, 06:48 AM

Mawn'in all

FYI, Fer you city folks, It's a propane tank

Jagwhire, Welcome aboard

Gotta go water my maters and weed whack

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 21st, 2016, 07:45 AM
Captain Starfire

Hotter as da' blazes today; rain over for now; may actually be able to cut the foot-high grass by Friday.

Thanks, Mike. Today's Better Half's birthday; we had our little outing on Saturday, so just chillin' today.

Clint, I'll be right over. These new ones attach totally differently than the Manik's, so I had to do a little figgerin' -- especially since the bars themselves are marked opposite of the way I wound up installing them.

Inline, glad you're enjoying the tunes. I agree.

Jamesbo, my tank in LA is buried, but I have an ugly vertical one in GA. So you're doing a different kind of whackin' today....

Cosmo: "You got that right."

Have a great one, Olds friends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 21st, 2016 at 08:03 AM.
Old June 21st, 2016, 10:33 AM

lol,I know!
FYI, Fer you city folks, It's a propane tank
Old June 21st, 2016, 01:06 PM

Do us a favour and send some of your sunshine over this side of the pond. It's been miserable for two weeks now and I am getting really fed up with the rain. Forecast for this week, today overcast, rest of the week rain and thunderstorms.
Took the Cutlass for its yearly test yesterday and it passed without any problems, however driving home the door mirror decided it didn't want any glass in it.

Not a great day today as I lost my wallet. Six hours of telephone calls cancelling my cards. Then one of my staff decided to tell me that they saw my wallet on the desk yesterday and put it in a filing cabinet and not bother to tell me. Hmm, that will be dealt with tomorrow.

Have a good week all
Old June 22nd, 2016, 03:46 AM

mawn'in

Had to run up to de mountains. My 89 yo bud's got sum kinda infecion where he bumped his shin. Hospital Iv for a little while

Sure hope I get shot by a jealous husband I could be going and cumng at the same time

London, My wallet fell outa my pocket when I was mowing,Naturally I ran right over it and saw paper going out the chute Drivers license Ok, cash Ok, credit cards shredded

Well Olds friends Have a GREAT day
Old June 22nd, 2016, 04:23 AM
CQR

Mornin all,

Jamesbo, Sounds like there was some divine intervention going on there. Maybe someone above thinks credit cards are as evil as I do.

London, what are your high and low temps this time of year?

Hit 100F yesterday. Didn't feel that hot. I must be getting acclimated to it.

Have a Humpday all.
Old June 22nd, 2016, 04:56 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

No goofing off today, I have to get back to business. Plenty to do and lots of places to go.

So yesterday I got the car off the trailer. Drove it around most of the afternoon. I loved it! Even though it is a different shade of green than the car I drove in high school, it has the same dark green interior. I felt like I was in high school again. Nice, nice driving car. Left the truck at the shop and brought it home last night, so that's going to be the errand car this morning.

Talked to my best friend who lives in Denver yesterday. He mentioned that it was 100 but wasn't complaining. He used to live in California so I guess he's used to it.

Time to hit the road. Happy Hump everyone.
Old June 22nd, 2016, 09:26 AM

Good evening everyone.

Got our last 2 weeks paycheck. God, i feel like we were living at work, and not much more it anyways would had been possible to do work and still keep functioning. And still im disappointed? Seems obvious you cant get rich by doing work, i have to start cheating other people, that way seems to get you rich every time, lol.

My Cutlass's battery had also died. Was 5 volts, recharged it, and ~5 cranks later it was empty again. I think im going to convert my battery cables too now. Those old-style batteries which have screw-in style connector at the side of the battery, are not available, you have to order them from foreigners. Plus the cost verus normal battery.. I could also add switch to cable at the same time, so i can turn current totally off when i know im not going to drive it for a while. Just do new cables and store old original ones. I have a weird habbit of storing old items i replace for one reason or another, until they are completetely junk.

CQR- Hope we would have as warm as you. We only had 75F today.

slantflat- pics or didnt happen

Last edited by Inline; June 22nd, 2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2016, 01:47 PM

Evening all.

Much better day today, I didn't have to shout at anyone, not even the dog after he left me a warm present on my kitchen floor!

CQR- Daytime highs are averaging out at 75 with high up to 80 and nighttime mid 50s. Nice dry day today but a bit humid. Forecast tonight some big storms coming over so no sleep tonight.

Getting ready to vote in our referendum tomorrow. Big day for the UK. Also I got my tickets for tomorrow nights premiere of Independence day 2 at the local IMAX.
Fingers crossed for Independence day at the cinema and independence day for the UK.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 03:13 AM
CQR

Morning all.

London, That sounds very pleasant. This year the 100 degree weather doesn't seem to be affecting me like it usually does. Maybe my body is liking it better than the below freezing temps and snow from old man winter. Good luck on todays decision.

Mike, Glad to hear you like the car.

Inline. 75 sounds just fine.

Have a day all.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 03:39 AM

Mawn'in

Gonna be a hot one down ere too

Headed home from the hills later today

London, I was gonna come over there to go to the 8th Army air corps museum til I figured out it was in Savanah Ga

Clint, your weather sounds like ours, not a whole lot of spring

Scot, Where ya at?

GTG make sum biscuits

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 23rd, 2016, 07:09 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Hot here, too. Yesterday I got two 100 gallon troughs and I'm gonna fill them with water and give the dogs a bath. Outside. Not sure how this is going to work out but giving them a bath inside is no longer feasible.

Clint how's the daughter and the herniated disc?

Darrell hasn't been around in awhile, either. Nor has Adrian.

Got my mowing done yesterday. That should be good for a couple weeks. Gonna go help a friend of mine move a shed this afternoon. He has to verify first that he's killed a bunch of wasps that had built nests inside.

So I'm at the Awful house this morning and we all decide to go out and smoke. That's code for me to go out and talk because I don't smoke. So we're outside and the server that was working the high counter gets all nervous because I walked over to my truck for a minute, she thinks I'm going to skip out on my bill. Now, she knows I'm in there all the time, and the people I was talking with weren't leaving, and it isn't like any one of the staff couldn't call me on the phone or come to my house, or at the very least put the ticket up and give it back next time I'm there. Nope, she had to get all up in arms. I heard this third hand because when I walked back in to settle up when I was leaving, she didn't say a word. Hm. Perhaps her brains were in the teeth that she's missing.

Okay Happy Thursday. Gotta get moving.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 07:14 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all... not too bad temp thus far, but heat on its way. Might try to cut all the grass except what's in the "bog."

Mike, your waitress might have been Einstein with 32 teeth~! I know I'm bad.

Have a cool one, Olds pals.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 07:59 AM

Old June 23rd, 2016, 05:07 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Here I is

Been hotter than Hades and I've been busier than ole brer fox ina hen house

Happy belated birthday Mike Speaking of green interiors and exteriors, my boss just purchased a 68 firechicken droptop. Green on green with a white top. He's planing on going dark grey and blacking out the rest It does have a M21 muncie but has a 2bbl 350. He did find part of the build sheet under the carpet, but I told him about the poncho historical society so no worries. BTW there is a business in Byron that does hardwood floors and backed up to I-75 are their 6 Corvairs...

Jamesbo usually I run over something but thankfully I've never ran over my wallet The garden is producing good now and it shouldn't be long before the taters are done.

Speaking of, I need to go water them right now

Catch y'all later Oldsmofriends
Old June 24th, 2016, 01:11 AM

Today is our Independence day.
I am so happy.
Old June 24th, 2016, 03:57 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

London I'm happy for you, and to everyone who has money in the market, My condolences.

Mike, She is doing ok. she is just limiting her actions until they come up with a plan (No racing, limited Horseback riding)

Scot good to hear from you.

Jamesbo, not quite accurate. When I was 7-8, I caught a splatter about 2x3" on my thigh. Did you see how much snow they have to race around up on the peak? the race is this weekend and there is a pile up there still. Here's a vid from a few weeks ago. Too bad Big Red burned up in Kali.

https://vimeo.com/171502773

Have a day all.
Old June 24th, 2016, 06:04 AM

Mawn'in all

When I have mo time I'll tell ya about the stupidest thing the Super model ever did

Stay tuned details at 11
Old June 24th, 2016, 07:18 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Thanks Scot. My celebratory week is coming to a close. How nice it's been to be off work all week. I don't ever remember seeing Corvairs along the fence on 75 down that way.

The dog bath venture was a rousing success. They did not put up too much of a fuss, all the mess was outside, and they are squeaky clean. This was one of my better ideas. I was soaked of course. I could have gotten in the tub with them, there was enough room, but I didn't need to.

London I'm not sure exactly what it was you were voting on but I'm glad it went your way.

If the rain holds off I'm going to work on the Cadillac this afternoon, and hopefully finish it up. It's been on jacks probably two months. Then to find someone to help me bleed the system.

Okay gonna get to it. Hope everyone had a good week.
Old June 24th, 2016, 07:37 AM

Hint
Does any one wanta guess what a 14" fiberglass canoe weighs when it's full of ice and beer?
Old June 24th, 2016, 08:39 AM

Does any one wanta guess what a 14" fiberglass canoe weighs when it's full of ice and beer?
A ton, but I've found that the more beer you drink, the lighter it gets.
Old June 24th, 2016, 03:55 PM

Quote.
London I'm not sure exactly what it was you were voting on but I'm glad it went your way.

Mike, we were voting on whether to stay in or come out of the European Union.
The **** has really hit the fan this side of the water. The rest of Europe now hates us even more than they did before - not that that bothers me too much.and our Prime Minister is resigning. Shame coz he was a decent guy
I think we are in for a bumpy ride for a year or two but there are some benefits, at least the Scots are now talking about getting a divorce from us as they wanted to stay in. Every cloud has a silver lining. Should bring down the unemployment stats.

At least your next President has come out and supported our decision - God help us on that one!!

By the way this is not political, just informative.
Old June 25th, 2016, 02:56 AM

Good day. Happy midsummer fest for everone btw! Been warm, been eating alot good food and drinked beer. Today evening im going to drive back home so i can spend little time at home too.

Actual reason i came to my phone writing greetings to you, is this. Remember when i told i found my 3rd buildsheet behind doorpanel? Well, now i have 4 of them. This one was found between fuel tank and carosserie. Is this even possible, 4 buildsheets?? This one is in rough shape, obviously, but still!
Old June 25th, 2016, 08:05 AM

Mawn'in all

So On the hotest day of the year, I'm gonna put my suit on and go to my step son's wedding down by the [humid] river

In keeping with the river theme the bride wanted a canoe to hold beer and Ice

Since no one pays attention to practicality. De Super model is having a flat bed bring the canoe and ice to the party venue.

I think I may need to be powdering my nose when they try to unload the sucker and I hope to be home in bed when they try to get the melted ice out of it.

No I didn't bring my portable bilge pump down from the lake. I was hoping of some one having a flash of sanity..

Have a Great day Olds friends. and please keep me in your prayers
Old June 25th, 2016, 08:28 AM

Is this even possible, 4 buildsheets??
I would say yes, as you have proof in your hands. Are they all from your car? It has been know that buildsheets from other cars sometimes got thrown into another one.
and please keep me in your prayers
Jamesbo we will, maybe a good story out of this one.
Old June 25th, 2016, 09:42 AM

3 of them are exact copies of each other text wise, so from the my car. Condition varies on them. That 4th is only partially out so far, its dragging somewhere, i need to lower my tank propably to get it out intact. Its so far out still that i can see its a build-sheet.
Old June 25th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy from Big D.

Power went out right as I was getting ready for work, and was out over an hour. When it came back on the cable was out. I mean out good. Saw the cable truck up the street when I was leaving. So, my afternoon internet looking will get done in installments this evening.

Got the brake line installed on the Cadillac yesterday. It literally took me all afternoon. Had it on and off several times, trying to get it to seat in the bracket, and get all the lines lined up and tightened. Now I just have to find someone to help me bleed the system.

Jamesbo I'm guessing it was too complicated to bring the canoe, the ice, and the beer to the party and then assemble it all on sight.

Thanks London. I've been hearing bits and pieces of what's been going on. Not sure how you got hooked up with the whole deal in the first place. I think you'll (the UK) be better off making up your own rules and not having to go along with everyone else.

I never did get up here to retrieve the blue van, so now I have two cars at work again. Trouble is, I know it won't fit on my trailer. The tires are too wide/the fenders on the trailer are too narrow. I'm going to have to fix it on site, drive it home, drive something else up here and then retrieve that with the trailer. Or get my neighbor to give me a ride up here again.

Okay gotta do something. Have a good evening everyone and a good weekend.