The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2016, 09:07 PM

Nice job Darrell.
Old April 20th, 2016, 04:42 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, The car looks great. Is the stance any different? We got quite a bit of snow. Probably 18-24". but is puddled down and melted quickly. Lots of broken limbs and trees in the hood. Here is a time lapse of the storm up where my employee lives.

http://vimeo.com/163197861

Mike, have you looked into u-ship? I assume the car is not a trailer queen. so it could be hauled on an open trailer. I would guess you could find someone to haul it for about 5 bones and all you would have to do is fly up and look at it and finish the transaction.

Jamesbo, That pic looks mike what my MIL's funeral will be like.

Last day of precip today. then back into the 70's for a while.

Have a Humpday.
Old April 20th, 2016, 05:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice clear day but Elsie's spose to come tonite

Zoooooooooooo, Gotta get mu Okrie planted dis mawn'in

Can ya tell I gots a different puter? Yesterday, it looked like a Rustang burn out com'in out de back so I stuck a fork in it and guess what? It was done

Darrell, Nice set of wheels. I jes love de W 27, wish all my cars weren't 69 sso I could use one> I've pondered putting one on my Vista jes for the cool factor

Please no politics, my cup runneth over from de TV.Jes dis mawn'in I was think'in How in de world de we live so long w/o talk'in every possible gradation to death. Only diff now is sum of de news channels got hotties in cocktail dresses with augmented cleveage. Hay, maybe dat's why I'm watch'in dis garbage to begin with. If it was good ole Walter Chronkite I would turned it off months ago

Welp, daylite burning

Have a great hump day Olds friends
Old April 20th, 2016, 07:54 AM

Clint, that's a lot of snow, and you can keep it.
Old April 20th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Slept a little too late this morning and almost missed everyone at the Awful house. It's overcast today but I don't think we're supposed to get rain in these parts. I bought a new lawn mower yesterday and want to put it to the test.

Darrell those are some nice looking parts. Suspension, bathrooms, you can do it all.

Clint I watched that video and then had to take a break until I stopped twitching. I need to call my friend in Highlands Ranch and see what he thinks about it.

So this lawn mower I got yesterday is a Lawn Boy. Since when have they been putting Kohler engines on Lawn Boys. My old one has an Outboard Marine (OMC) engine on it.

Decided to just go ahead with the car trailer from Vermont. No matter how I sliced it, it was still the cheapest way to get home. I hate giving them that much for what they're giving me, but that's how it goes sometimes. I want to do weird stuff I gotta pay up.

Okay gonna make something of this day. Happy Humpity everyone.
Old April 20th, 2016, 08:55 AM

Mike, OMC used to own Lawnboy, but I believe that they are kaput, having been bought by Bombardier after bankruptcy, I think that Evinrude is the only outboard motor still around of the OMC/Johnson/Evinrude group, being built by Bombardier. Dang, just did a little research, and found out that Lawnboy was bought out by Toro in 1989.

Last edited by 1969w3155; April 20th, 2016 at 09:32 AM.
Old April 20th, 2016, 10:57 AM

Just wanted to say hello. Sorry, busy at work, will catch you on weekend.

12 hours today, 14 including travel to and from work, that starts to be life. Fresh from sauna. Now to bed.
Old April 20th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Captain Starfire

Afternoon, all....
Installed a new water closet in one of the bathrooms and it came out great; so I think I will buy 2 more and do the other two. This was the test case.

No, Jamesbo, we have dodged all the Houston stuff (so far). Spose to get some wet stuff manana. Muggy today, though, but ain't complainin'. Got the grass (more weeds than grass) out of the way yesterday and it looks nice again. The fire ants have been going ber-zerkey lately. The piles are popping up everywhere and growing like tumors. I try to treat each individually rather than do a general broadcast that just kills every living creature in the lawn; but it's an uphill battle -- no pun intended. Those little boogers aren't going to lose in the long run; but I can slow 'em down a bit.

And the stinkin' armadillos are having their way with the lawn as well. Sure wish I could find one in the act and pop his hiney into oblivion. But I digress.

Mike, that thread I started in Bodywork really turned into an insane asylum, eh? I think I got an answer, anyhoots. So all's well that ends well.

Whelpt, y'all have a great one, Olds friends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 20th, 2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old April 20th, 2016, 09:44 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Thanks for the complements on the suspension. I appreciate it.

Clint - yes the stance is different. The rear sits up a little higher, probably about 2". Not surprising since the original springs were shot. I'll try to take a side pic of the car tomorrow. Hope you get rid of all that white stuff soon, you've got some cruising to do.

Mike - I have a 77 Lawn Boy with an OMC engine on it. Great mower, the original engine finally needed a rebuild last year, the bronze bushing in the crankshaft wore out. Don't know much about the new ones with the Kohler engines.

Got home this afternoon and did my front brakes on the Intrepid. Pads were worn down about 80% so I got it just in time. I took the original rotors to get them cut and had a hard time finding anyone who could do it. Finally found someone on the 3rd try. I guess everyone prefers to just buy new chinesium ones these days.

Well, heading to bed, have a good night all.
Old April 21st, 2016, 04:33 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Jamesbo did you get rain yesterday? It was nice here all day.

So the new lawn mower isn't going to work out. I specifically wanted a side discharge and the display said this machine would do that. How I wondered, since it is a rear bagger. Maybe there was an adapter. Read the instructions, no mention of it converting or needing an adapter. So it goes back.

Got my brake hoses for the Cadillac yesterday, so today everything goes back together. New bearings, too. I think I'm going to have trouble getting the small races out of the rotor. I don't have anything that small to cut them out and I can't get a screw driver in there to knock them out. Hm.

I'm gonna make the Awful house early this morning. That just means I can stay there longer.

Have a good day everyone.
Old April 21st, 2016, 04:41 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, All that should be gone By Saturday I would guess Spose to be 76 tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. The weather models are showing another whopper of a storm with a huge amount of Precip but only 2" of that in snow.

Mike bummer about the Mower. My Ariens will side discharge but I always bag it so I have never converted it.

Getting warm there yet John? Ready to get the GS charged up? I can send at any time. The prices right now are higher than they have been.I see one guy on CL trying to get $50 a can

Jamesbo, If it were Walt, I would guess it would be pretty quiet at this point and time.

Have a Thursday all.
Old April 21st, 2016, 05:27 AM

Mawn'in

Old April 21st, 2016, 10:00 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, all.... Jamesbo, here's "... the way it was" -- campus unrest in 1969 with Walter Funkite:

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 21st, 2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old April 21st, 2016, 11:44 AM

Mike, I got a zero turn ex mark. It came with wonderful instructions On the muffler cover it even says in big letters HOT
Old April 21st, 2016, 08:39 PM

I really miss the old newscasters, it was news, not fluff, nor a beauty contest.
Old April 22nd, 2016, 04:30 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Ordered an Electric wiper conversion kit for that 56 chev at the shop. the company sent it to the billing address(My home) with a Signature required. Umm I'm not at home, I'm at work. So now I have to go pick it up on Saturday at Fedex.

Still waiting on the FI system. It's been backordered twice. We have the motor installed altready. May do the break in with the carb.

I'm feeling somewhat mortal this month as we keep losing musicians that I've seen on concert at an alarming rate. I hope Bach stays healthy. Oh wait.

Have a Friday all.
Old April 22nd, 2016, 05:37 AM

Mawn'in all

Got a little sprinkle last nite with more on de way.So, Don't need to water de garden

Clint, Someone alot smarter than me once said, "Drugs is God's way of telling ya you got too much money"

Headed to de hills fer R & R

Have a GREAT Weekend Olds friends
Old April 22nd, 2016, 08:16 AM
Captain Starfire

Clint, I hate to admit it, but when "Soft & Wet" came out in the 70s, I was smitten.... I did always find "the artist formerly known as Prince" interesting, to say the least. And anybody who'd make a song about Corvettes can't be all bad.

First weekend of N.O. Jazz Fest starts today, but I won't be in that number. Spose to be bluebird weather all weekend -- albeit a tad warm.

Enjoy the R&R, Jamesbo. I hope your phone breaks for at least a few hours.

Have a great weekend, Oldsmobiliers.
Old April 22nd, 2016, 02:18 PM

Howdy all.

Just a quick rant about a certain American that's visiting our shores. If anyone here is privy to a certain Mr Obama then please tell him to keep his nose out of the UK'S business. It's nothing to do with you guys what we do about Europe. Rant over.

Wet and cool in London.

I'm taking all my staff on a party boat on the River Thames tomorrow. Two guys and seventy women. Sounds like fun -- Not!!.

Have a great weekend.
Old April 22nd, 2016, 03:27 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Was going to stay up today and then not sleep, since I tend to not get sleepy at work these days I figured I'd have an extra day to do stuff. But it rained this morning so I stayed in bed. It's nice out now.

London we wish you'd keep him. And speaking of not being political, there's a thread elsewhere about a guy selling parts off a 67 Delmont. Someone posted a VW ad that is rather poignant and I was just wondering, was this a real ad that ran in public spaces?

John I've been to a jazz fest a couple times before, in Davenport, IA. It was the Bix Beiderbecke festival.

The new mower went back. The little girl at Home Depot asked me, what's wrong with it. I said it won't do what I want it to. She just looked at me. Maybe she thought I wanted it to walk the dog. I wonder if I got a goat if the dogs would bother him when they were outside. Wouldn't need a mower. I'd have to file down his horns.

So no go on the Cadillac yesterday. I took my dremel tool out to cut out the races from the rotors and I got exactly nowhere. Probably buggered up the rotor while attempting to get the one out. I wish I would have left it and just put the new bearing in. I'm going to do that with the other rotor but this one has to come out now, it's completely jacked. Any ideas how to get these things out?

Well time for the dogs to go out and me to go to work. Only one day this week, then it's off to New England. Got all my ducks in a row and it -should- be an uneventful trip. And when I get home not only will I have an odd European car no one has heard of, I'll also have an 02 Suburban with more rust than all the cars in the Greater Stockbridge Area combined.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old April 22nd, 2016, 07:44 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening all. Another busy week gone by. Work is going well and maybe some new opportunities with one of lines I sell. Have to wait and see.

Got my powder coated calipers from Rock Auto, Power Stop pads and new brake hoses. Hopefully the project for tomorrow afternoon after I visit my grandmother for lunch.

We also have a visitor for the next week, his name is Chewy. He's a lion head rabbit. He enjoys hopping around, hanging out with us and wants to be pet all the time. Amost like a small dog. Also he is litter box trained so there's no poop ***** on the floor.

Clint - glad to hear it warmed up. I hear your frustration on the 56, just keep telling your customer is worth the wait.

Mike - I'm not a fan of the newer rear discharge mowers either. Buy a good older one off of craigslist. Mine is pre-insurance industry take over so there is no switch to turn it off when I let go of the handle. Also a side discharge. Get an OMC Lawn Boy gas/oil mix so this way you kill mosquitoes at the same time.

Jamesbo - What year did he go off the air? I've heard of him but I never saw one of his news reports.

London - I thought he was only in England for the Queens 90th birthday? LOL

Heading off to bed, have a good night all.

Last edited by OLD SKL 69; April 22nd, 2016 at 07:47 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 01:35 AM

Good Morning. Its weekend. Yesterday i finally got my licence plates to Cutlass and got it approved to Finnish traffic and registry! Today im going to install them. Back in 2013 Finnish Transport and Safety Agency did something historical and introduced small licence plates to fit American cars, being only size of 11,85 x 4,45 inches. And theyre legal!

OLD SKL 69 - Nice looking car you have. Good colour too. Bet those parts made an upgrade to driveability of your car.

slantflat - I should try to get my lawnmover running too after winter to test it. Possibly new gas and plug and ready to run.

CQR - Be sure to keep us updated with pics after you receive your parts and install them. Sounds like you have a lot going on with that car.

Well im off now to get something done. Today im certainly getting drunk. I almost thinked at winter that im having alcohol problem since beer didnt anymore taste so good; but now when back in work, oh boy it tastes good

Last edited by Inline; April 23rd, 2016 at 01:37 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 05:08 AM

Mawn'in from de hills

Mike, Dat VW "add" was from National Lampoon I'm pretty sure, It's been a while

I "think"Walter retire around 1980. For me, I grew up with him and of course remember him almost in tears when JFK was shot
Old April 23rd, 2016, 05:15 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Got rid of the 68 Shovel yesterday. That car actually drove pretty nice. Then replace all 4 coil springs on a 65 C-10.

Darrell, The guy seems to be pretty patient, but I'm worried that Edelbrock is having issues. I have a vendor who had been waiting 3 months for a set of heads from them.

Inline, hope you are enjoying your time off. Here is before and after.(so far)
Attachment 156440
Attachment 156441

Mike the race is too hard to grind thru very easy. I would use a carbide bit to make 2 divots(180` form each other) where the race seats in the rotor. Then use a punch to pound out the race. The cast iron will be much easier to grind out than the race.

John, I have always been a fan of his early music, when he morphed into a symbol, his music got a little too far out there for me.

Jamesbo, I believe some have too much artistic something or other to be able to function properly in the real world.

Have a Friday.

I think I may go work on Brit today.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 07:05 AM

Clint, Did cha miss a day somewhere?
Old April 23rd, 2016, 08:39 AM
CQR

Oops.

They all run together anymore
Old April 23rd, 2016, 10:35 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home a little early this morning, got a couple hours sleep, then took the dogs to jail. Lunch at the Awful house and now I need to get ready to go. Flight looks a little tight up to Boston tonight, but heck it's only 2 1/2 hours inside a metal tube, what's the big deal.

Clint where is the oil filler in the second picture? Did you remove it and use a plug on the valve cover?

Jamesbo if that was National Lampoon they did an excellent job. It reads just like the real VW ads of the 70s.

Darrell I think that's what I'm going to have to do. Next week when I get back I'll start looking, so's the grass in the back doesn't reach the top of the house.

The house is quiet without the dogs. It -feels- quiet. Even when they are here but not making any noise the house has a different feel to it. I don't like it. I'm going to get my stuff together and get up to the airport. It's okay if I'm a little early.

So, have a good weekend everyone and I'll be back in a couple.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 10:59 AM

Good evening. How do i feel myself old at the age of 25? I dont even want to get drunk even i reserved whole day to it I love the taste of beer, but i rather just drink it lazily enough that i dont get drunk, just have a good feeling. Oh well...

Just came from sauna. Was refreshing. Now i have my licence plates on.
Had to sacrifice one Weber Pizza tray ( part. nr 17040) to make backplates to licence plates. Heres the pics. Im myself liking em. Front plate, not so much, but had to install it somewhere, and there were holes already for bolts on bumber chrome So just used them. No additional holes to car was made during installation.

Old April 24th, 2016, 07:44 AM

Mawn'in all

Sunday worm

Inline, I would give ya some sage advice but...........................

What's de ladder on the roof for? To putout chimney fires?

Mike, Why not jes cut and bale hay and forget de mowing.

Enjoy this beautiful Sabbath Olds friends
Old April 24th, 2016, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Sunday worm

Inline, I would give ya some sage advice but...........................

What's de ladder on the roof for? To putout chimney fires?

Mike, Why not jes cut and bale hay and forget de mowing.

Enjoy this beautiful Sabbath Olds friends
For sure, all advice is appreciated, let it come.

I dont know about how its on your country, but ladders are on the roof to sweep chimney funnels, law requires to get it done once a year on house you live. I also have all the material to veranda's roof also, was just too lazy last autumn to do that also. Have to do it soon so i can move to build my garage.

By the way, rear licence plate will be moved upwards to be level with reverse lights, after i get some sheetmetal so i can weld nuts to it to bolt my licence plate on it. Now i had to make half-way decent solution since i dont have Access to tools to weld aluminium.

Last edited by Inline; April 24th, 2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old April 24th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Captain Starfire

Jamesbo, the JFK assassination time was Cronkite's glorious hour -- albeit inglorious for the country.

Mike, the current format of the "Jazz Fest" is really a misnomer. There are a lot of other things it could be called that would be more accurate. Jazz per se plays an extremely small part in the overall program. They sold out to big names & the almighty dollar quite a few years back. The big controversy this year is that they're driving huge tour buses through the Gentilly neighborhoods to drop folks off at the door. The local residents are complaining (and rightfuly so, IMHO) that the tiny streets were never made for those monsters. Folks' houses are shaking and cracking. And they're actually prohibiting the residents from parking on the street, even in front of their own houses, to keep room for the behemoths to pass.

Bluebird down here, albeit still a tad warm. But beggars can't be choosers. In any case, have a great day o' the sun, Olds friends. BTW, what day o'the week is "the Sabbath"? Me & Clint must still have our days mixed up.
Old April 24th, 2016, 01:13 PM

John, I guess it depends on how closely you're related to Moses

Inline, This falls under the rather large umbrella of "None of my business" but I'd be careful with my blood pressure rising from the heat of a sauna and gett'in another boost from the dud suds[beer]
Old April 24th, 2016, 02:46 PM

Well, I survived my boat party with so many women, but tell me why do they always grab you and shout come on and dance? If I was made to dance I wouldn't have been given two left feet.
Old April 25th, 2016, 04:53 AM

Mawn'in all

Tis monday so guess what

Mike's going to the awful house and I'm playing golf
Old April 25th, 2016, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
John, I guess it depends on how closely you're related to Moses

Inline, This falls under the rather large umbrella of "None of my business" but I'd be careful with my blood pressure rising from the heat of a sauna and gett'in another boost from the dud suds[beer]
That is not going to happen. Its a tradition, way of life here. Been forever. Sauna and beer belong together, no excuses. Didnt you know that sauna without beer is shower? I dont know about do you guys even have saunas there or what kind of them you have, theres some "saunas" which make a shame to its name. Real one starts from 158 fahrenheit and over.

Was a short day at work since ( heard so) the asphalt station went broken.

LondonCutlass - I hate dancing too. Ordinary dances are ok, but discos*** and all kind of that stuff, no thanks.
Old April 25th, 2016, 06:40 AM
CQR

Mornin. Sorry I'm late. Went in early to work out.

Down 4 pounds already. And the wife likes me better since I'm not so grumpy.

Have a Monday all.
Old April 25th, 2016, 07:48 AM

Mike's going to the awful house and I'm playing golf
I don't believe it, you're kidding right?
Old April 25th, 2016, 08:02 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all.... Whackem good, Jamesbo. I consider myself a direct descendant of Moses.

Inline, y'all take your rest & relaxation more seriously than we do. That's a definite "plus" in my book. Lots of folks just keep going 'til they blow a fuse over here. BTW, I think those 70-something Cutlasses aged pretty well. I like the design today more than I liked it when it was new.

Clint, I'd say we like you better, too, but that would be impossible. Big-time congrats for sticking with the program thus far... Now we need to get Mike to the gym before every A-H visit.

My brother just bought an off-lease Silverado from a dealer in Picayune, MS... looks pretty nice -- fer a Chibby. Personally, I'd still have to have a V8 -- especially for towing. But I guess it'll do OK with their 3k-lb camper -- until he gets in the mountains.

It's tough finding a nice truck for a reasonable amount these days. New F-150s and Silverados are 50-something, easy. That's plain crazy as far as I'm concerned. I'll have to keep my Y2K F-150 'til the wheels fall off.

Y'all have a great moon-day, Olds buds.
Old April 26th, 2016, 04:17 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, the fill is on the right valve cover on the new motor, we have a breather on order for the left side. He just stuck a PCV valve in there to keep stuff out.

John, I'm still enjoying the endorphin rush and I don't feel like Jabba the Hut all the time now that my muscles are sore it must mean I have a few of them down under all that padding.

Chance of snow tonight.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old April 26th, 2016, 05:06 AM
MOTORHEAD

what are yo waiting 442

my best friend now has als lou gerig 2to5 years
have a nice day