The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2016, 04:21 PM

Howdy all

Stupid question but what is labor day all about?

Busy week ahead. Second employment tribunal in two weeks. Why do some ex employees get jealous of what I've built then decide they want a slice of it.
Still, I won last week and the ex employee has been deemed a liar and has been made to pay me £5k.

Weather in London is great for the time of year low 80s and next week is supposed to be the best weather in 40 years. Global warming, you gotta love it.
Old September 11th, 2016, 06:27 PM

Here you go London: https://www.dol.gov/general/laborday/history
Old September 12th, 2016, 02:48 AM

Man am I glad I didn't have ta explain Labor day

Well, this Monday so guess what? Wrong, I gotta rush over and try to get in 9 holes the rush back for a funeral

Have a great day Olds friends
Old September 12th, 2016, 04:10 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

The new girl goes in to get spayed today.

Had a busy weekend, working on the mud/dog room. didn't sleep worth a sheet last night.

Have a day.
Old September 12th, 2016, 06:22 AM

Hello.

Short day at work. Thats okay, ive already bought everything i planned for this year. Every penny now on i get is just extra.

Actually i came here to ask question. You know the song " California Dreamin" By Mamas & Papas. Is that "winners day" they mention few times some real celebration day on US or just nothing. Been wondering it many times.
Old September 12th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Captain Starfire

Went to a H.S. friend's 60th birthday party for 4 hours yesterday in Mandeville -- about 25 mi. east of me here... 'twas a pretty nice affair. Too much food, though. Really.

Whack 'em good for 9 holes, Jamesbo.

Clint, hope you can catch up on the ZZZZZ's tonight.

Trying to snag the little stray cat around the house since yesterday evening. It's an elusive little thing, of course; it may wind up outsmarting me unless I get the booger in the next couple days. I think a wild critter (opossum, racoon, or armadillo) got the "lure" food last night, as the dish had been turned over. This little kitty wouldn't have done that.

Inline, it's "... on such a winter's day." The U.S. Public Broadcasting System ("PBS") had a great "special" on The Mamas & the Papas this year... do y'all have access to PBS specials like that across the Atlantic?

Y'all have a great Monday, Olds chums.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; September 12th, 2016 at 08:22 AM.
Old September 12th, 2016, 09:37 AM

Lol so ive always misheard it
Have to check for that, would be interesting to listen more about em
Old September 12th, 2016, 10:39 AM

Here ya go Inline: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-m...9293/biography
Old September 12th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Rained ever so slightly this afternoon, this after hearing thunder for two hours with bright sunshine out.

Jamesbo at these funerals are you the one officiating?

Clint I hope you're not referring to your new employee.

Labor Day, like most other holidays, are a non-event for airline employees. Well, the office types take off all the holidays, but for the line workers it's business as usual.

And it's Friday. Did pretty well last night, really hope I can do at least as well tomorrow morning. Might take off Friday and Saturday as well. Thursday it's a nice day in Chattanooga. Towing Museum, DUKW rides, sounds like fun.

Okay off to the races. Have a good night everyone.
Old September 13th, 2016, 04:14 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, lol, no. She doesn't start until next Monday. Talking about the new pup. She had intestines wound up on her uterine horn? so she has been a mess. But shes real sore now and won't eat. She can't afford to miss any meals. She's nothing but a bag of bones anyhow.Have a great couple days off.

John, Are you looking at having the kitten removed? or are you looking to tame it?

Jamesbo, when you only do 9 do you still get to enjoy the cocktail cart?

Have a Tuesday all.
Old September 13th, 2016, 06:22 AM

Mawn'in all

Beautimus day

Mike, I don't officiate, I'm in charge of where to park. Occasionally, I help unload the casket if the family doesn't have pawl bearers. We use a company to dig [open] and close and set up and take down tent and chairs. So there usually 3 of us there along with the family, ministers and 2 funeral directors. Ga law requires a funeral director to be present and the closing of a grave. Sometimes I help the guys take down the tent and load up the chairs [and chair covers] It's really not very complicated.

Clint, Drink'in and golf [to me] don't mix. I'm bad enough w/o getting a buz on. I learned along time ago, I can have a drink and do nothing else or do something else and not drink. Kinda like walk'in and chewing bubble gum.

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old September 13th, 2016, 08:59 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all... dry & hot today; rain is waiting for Thursday, when we're spose to go on a M.C. ride.

Jamesbo, your drinking habits are like mine were in my drinking days. As far as I was concerned, it was an activity of and by itself.

Clint, this capture would strictly be to take it to the pound. But I've not seen hide nor hair of the urchin in two days. Maybe it's found greener pastures. I hope it's OK.

Y'all have a great one, Olds amigos.
Old September 13th, 2016, 03:11 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful out. Did so-so at work last night, worked with my buddy but we had the bad lead. I really think he's on something. Anyway got out around 4, got home and in bed before the sun came up. Reminds me of when I used to drink a lot. If I got home before the sun came up, I did okay.

So I just got back from the place with my new car. 2016 Chevy Cruze. Actually not a bad little car. The salesman was a tool but that wasn't the car's fault. This one is a 6 speed manual. Really drives nice. I can't post pictures anymore but if I texted one from my dinosaur phone could someone post it for me?

Got a lot to do this week, maybe more than I have time for and it needs to get done. I'm not sure if I feel the Blue Flu coming on, we'll see how the week goes. I may not have a chance to be wise, said car salesman was sick over the weekend and was hacking all over the place.

Well hope everyone has a good evening.
Old September 13th, 2016, 03:33 PM
Captain Starfire

So the Stang is history, Mike? If you shoot me a pic via text or email, I'll see what I can do. Congrats on the acquisition in any case...~!
Old September 13th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Always room for one more

Yep it's down the road, so to speak. Never really liked it, took a bath on it, eh it happens.

Just took a picture but I think it's too dark out so I'll take another one tomorrow. It looks like 99% of all the other cars on the road these days. I'm thinking gold pinstripe down the side so it looks like it's big brother Cadillac.
Old September 14th, 2016, 03:43 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike,gonna need to take a pic of them side by side.

Jamesbo, With how poorly I play, I'm sure id spend most of my time chasing down the lass with the beer cart.

Have a day all.
Old September 14th, 2016, 05:28 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter beautiful one down ere

Clint, The problem with the cart girls is I know I have 2 pair of Gokey boots older than them.De utter day I made the mistake of say'in sum'in about Motown music. Got de ole deer in the headlights look.

Still pick'in de last of de maters.

Today, I gotta get my ears lowered and go get a golf lesson. I stink lately and it really Pi$$ me off.

Mike, Congrats on de new ride. I still wanta get a 308 GTS i before I'm horizontal. I wouldn't have one of those paddle things or one after 88 [When Ezo died] I want one that he saw when he walked the line.

GTG

Have a GREAT day OLDS FRIENDS
Old September 14th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Short morning at the Awful house. I didn't want to stay too long, my girl is having a bad morning.

Jamesbo that's the car I want, too. My neighbor had one years ago and liked it until he found out it would be 5K for a tune up. He talked the mechanic into doing it on the side, still paid 3500, then sold the car. Damn sexy ride, though.

I had my own golf clubs once. They were my Dad's. I think he played once. I kept them because left handed clubs are somewhat of a novelty. I played a couple times, the first couple holes I'd hit them straight and frickin' far. After that I'd slice, go into the water, anywhere but where I wanted. Didn't take long for me to get the hint that I'm not a golfer.

Clint I think I could put the new car inside the Caddy.

Well like Jamesbo said it's beautiful out. Might wash a car or two today, don't want to get too far away. Tomorrow may be Chattanooga and it might not be.

Okay see ya's have a good hump day.
Old September 14th, 2016, 08:51 AM
Captain Starfire

Lots on the agenda today...
Happity Humpity, Olds compadres...
Old September 14th, 2016, 10:18 AM

John this poor 7' 550 lb thing got hit on the road between Hiawasee and Helen
Old September 14th, 2016, 05:29 PM
MOTORHEAD

tore apart 2 365 horse power jet boat engines today
the were winterized in the 70's
LOL

hope you all are fare the well
Old September 15th, 2016, 03:43 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Those motors look pretty good for sitting so long.

I bet old Yogi made one helluva mess to whatever hit it.

Jamesbo, It never hurts to look at the new items on the menu. Especially if they are low in fat.

John, Keep plugging away. Hope it was fun stuff.

Mike, I bet you could. Which one is more fun to drive?

Anyone notice the price of fuel? Around here it's about $2 a gallon +/- $.20. but IIRC several years back the price difference between grades was about $.10. e.g Regular Unld. $2.09, Mid $2.19, and Premium $2.29. I filled up Brit on Saturday whilst picking up the pig, and the Pump listed $2.14, $2.49, and $2.79. How did a couple of points of Octane get to be such a costly endeavor?

Have a Thursday all.
Old September 15th, 2016, 06:50 AM

Mawn'in all

Beautimus day

Clint, ROTFLMAO after a few minutes of pondering WTF you were talking about

Mike, I also kinda like the Testarossa. but from the little I know you gotta pull the engine [to the tune of 38 hours] to change the frigging belts

John, MY grad pappy used to say, "There will be plenty of werk left when I'm gone"

Have a great day Olds frineds
Old September 15th, 2016, 08:02 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

No Chattanooga for me. I didn't even get out of bed until 10. My boy came to get me around 4 and then I didn't see him again. Not sure what's going on with my girl but I didn't want to leave her for so long. Hopefully we get things figured out before work tomorrow night.

Clint that's not a valid question yet. I've only driven the new car a couple miles. Now, the Cadillac is fun because I love driving giant, lumbering land barges. I suspect the new car will be fun because it's nimble and quicker.

I've noticed the gas prices have changed as well. I don't usually buy anything but the cheep stuff. Gas jumped 20c over night, night before last. No reason for it.

John hope you got everything done yesterday.

Jamesbo I don't think the engine comes out for a 308 tune up(belts are part of it) but I know half the engine comes apart. Not sure why they'd design a car like that. To extract more money from you probably.

Well since I'm home today there will be no blue flu tomorrow. Still need to get a couple things done Saturday that I won't be able to. My days off are going to change from Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday to Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. Better, but not good enough. Come January I'll get good days off.

Okay gotta get to it. Have a good Thursday everyone.
Old September 15th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all. All got done yesterday, & thanks for the encouragement, folks.

Paid $1.79/gal for last tank at Sam's, so it's not bad down here -- although not as cheap as it had been a few weeks back. But I'll take it.

Like you guys, there's always lots up these long sleeves of mine. So I'll be offline for a few days, but it's all good stuff -- so no worries. Be back soon.

Y'all hang in there in the mean time, Olds pals, and have a great weekend.
Old September 15th, 2016, 10:28 AM

Well, I finally got my damn basement water problem resolved.
Old September 15th, 2016, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Well, I finally got my damn basement water problem resolved.

Well I can mark you off my list of friends who need my help
Old September 15th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Always room for one more

Hey Jamesbo what got deleted so that all the messages moved up one?
Old September 15th, 2016, 02:22 PM

Hi Guys.
WTF!!!!
So it's day 4 of the employment tribunal. So far we have only heard from the claimants side so I haven't had the chance to give my version of events, next thing I know the press has got a hold of the story and they are putting it on the front page. So many allegations without hearing me. That sucks!
And no I'm not going to send the link as my IT guys are working on it already.
Wish me luck for Friday morning.
The truth will prevail.
Old September 16th, 2016, 03:33 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

London. That sucks. But doesn't the defendant always get to plead their case last? Here they do. Besides, does anyone even read a newspaper anymore?
Well I hope it works out.

Dan, Resolved or fixed? Resolved sounds like you found your pool noodles and rubber duckies and tossed them down the stairs.

I wasn't really referring to the cost of gas right now. (It's still pretty good), but more of the fact that it used to cost a dime more for every grade up you went. now there is a forty cent jump between the grades.

Well its Friday and my painter cancelled for this weekend. We were going to get the shop painted this weekend which would have meant I would have to get my sign down and give it some attention. So maybe I'll take the wife riding and see if she can blow off a little steam.

Have a weekend all.
Old September 16th, 2016, 04:56 AM

Mawn'in all

London, Some one alot smarter than me once told me "If you ever go to court,win, loose or draw, you'll wish you hadn't"

Mike, I didn't see anything deleted. Course citicap might have been mess'in with us like the time he deleted the whole thread hence " New good morning"

BTW, It's Scot's berfday

Have a great day Olds friends
Old September 16th, 2016, 05:12 AM

Good day.Its friday, which equals to weekend! Sauna is on the list today, and tomorrow.
Ah.. And beer!

That plain sucks London. Tho it sounds just like the normal way to work for press.. And when the story changes to less interesting, no main-page news for it, just a little explanation on back page..

Have a nice weekend everyone.
Old September 16th, 2016, 09:20 AM

Dan, Resolved or fixed?
Resolved, as in I bought a new house! Jamesbo, according to the folks on the national tube, the gas prices in your area are expected to jump due to a pipeline repair, it seems that there is always something with the oil companies to hike the price, we tend to get the pipeline repair/maintenance excuse up here.
Old September 16th, 2016, 10:17 AM

Stop complaining! Gas is currently 6,42$/ us gal. here, and i consider it cheap!

1969w3155 - Congrats for new house!
Old September 16th, 2016, 11:35 AM

Day 5 update

Hey I'm officially famous!!

One of our national papers has picked up the story and my picture was next to one of Kim Kardashian.

So I had my say in court today and it went well. The case has now been adjourned till Nov 16th so that's my last mention of it till then.

So as I'm so well known where I live I'm off to Spain for a while otherwise I will get too hassled.

Jamesbo, as they say here you are like a wise owl.
Inline, very true. Another saying here is, today's news is tomorrow's fish and chips paper.
Old September 16th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful day. In fact it's been so many beautiful days in a row I've lost count. Though I'd like for them to keep up.

London have a good time in Spain. Glad the tribunal shifted to going your way. There's no celebrity in being pictured next to a Kardashian. Yick.

And speaking of not speaking of gas prices, gas jumped up 15c last night. This on top of 20c a couple days ago. If we have to pay more at the pump to fix this pipe line, what did they do with all the other mega-money they've been gouging us for?

Dan congratulations on the new house. Very far from the old one? Bigger? We already know it has better plumbing.

So the blue van needs a muffler. While I'm at it, I thought I'd take a long spade bit and run it a few times through the converter. At a buck forty, that thing has to be getting sort of plugged. Hope it doesn't throw a message. I'm gonna leave the 02 sensor alone.

Well short week for me. The foreman called over my days off and wants me to switch to Sunday/Monday/Tuesday off so it evens out the work week a little. Right now we have 6+ guys on the weekends and 2-3 during the week. Seems the guy in charge of placing the new guy puts everyone on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday just for the sake of it. This should work out okay, not optimal, but he'll give me Thanksgiving off since I would have been off anyway, and then we'll all bid come January and I'll get the days I want.

Okay off to it, it's Monday. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old September 16th, 2016, 09:23 PM

Mike, the new abode is probably less than a mile away, but the neighborhood improves quite a bit, I went from 1000 sq. ft to 1400 with a two stall attached, where I previously had a one stall detached...and I'm on a slab, no basement. It will be about three weeks before I start moving in as we closed a week early, and I gave them time to close on their new home about 35 miles away, in Fremont, Mi. (home of Gerber baby food).
Old September 17th, 2016, 12:22 AM

Good Morning. Usual autumn weather outside.

Should be doing something. Just dont know what. Maybe disassemble my 7A- heads. One exh.valve is atleast missing a corner, and its been running lean. These parts are from my extra motor, not my runner. If you can call 76' smog engine a runner...

Does anyone care to lighten me, newsmedia here have been giving some fairly small headlines about US.gov sueing Deutsche Bank for the finance crisis. Ive read through the articles, but whats the real deal? Is there something else behind, or just for the sake of finding guilty for the finance crisis?
Old September 17th, 2016, 05:33 AM

Mawn'in all

Pretty day but still dry

Put another drivers side interior door handle in the Cheby 2500 4X4 afte 245,000 miles I musta ingress-ed and egress-ed a lot

Got go mow today

Enjoy de weekend Olds friends
Old September 17th, 2016, 08:14 AM

Inline: http://www.businessinsider.com/r-deu...s-judge-2016-2