The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2016, 04:48 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike I have a couple customers with Commanders. They are ok mechanically (As far as any jeep) They seem very big/bulky from the drivers seat. And kind of have a Hummer H2 feel.

John. He sure lifts my spirits. I have him at the shop all week until his foot heals up. He's a little trooper 3 legging it all around.

Jamesbo, I have done all I can to stay away from them. Good luck.

Gotta go Grocery shopping.

Have a Humpday.
Old July 20th, 2016, 05:27 AM

Mawn'in all

Got anutter shower las nite

Clint/ John,

What are some of your suggestions eat a barrel of oatmeal every day?

Every mawn'in I eat Nova with cream cheese and a slice of mater [in de summer] on a toasted bagel

I love fish but not crazy about grocery store fruit. It just isn't very good IMHO

I'd love to hear some idears

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old July 20th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Captain Starfire

Hot as da' blazes again; but I talked with a guy near Hiawassee and he sez it was in the 90s up there too; so we have no lock on the heat down here, right?

Stinkin' dizziness still rears its ugly head. Prolly going to have to go see about it. Horrible feeling, and it takes a long time to get back to normal after just one adventure.

Jamesbo, I'll give you a call when we get up to GA and maybe I can put B.H. on the phone and you can pick her brain. At least the price is right... Problem is, all the doctors know how to do nowadays (vast majority, anyway) is to prescribe a pill. This is easy for them and makes money for everybody, but it sucks for the patient. OK, that's my rant o'day.

Clint, they're a gift from God! Gotta' love 'em.

Whelpt, lemme go run my errands. Y'all have a great Humpity, Olds friends.
Old July 20th, 2016, 10:03 AM

Jamesbo, when I saw my new Dr. last month, I asked about the effectiveness of fish oil/omega 3 and krill oil supplements, he said that they had little effect, told me that there are alternatives to Statins, guess I'll find out in Sept. when they go over my bloodwork/tests with me.
Old July 20th, 2016, 11:14 AM
CQR

Jamesbo, Get ahold of Darrell. He is who introduced me to All in one from Vascure. I've been on it for a couple of years with no bad side effects. My cholesterol was only borderline so it may not be enough for someone who has extremely high Cholesterol.
Old July 20th, 2016, 11:47 AM

Tanks fer all the help. I think I may go on a sardine diet. I really like them
Old July 20th, 2016, 11:51 AM

Hello.

Sorry- just a really quick hello.
Got my rims under my car today in a real hurry. Now to sleep.
Tomorrow is waiting +24hour shift, then its weekend. Woohoo!!!

See ya at friday when i wake up.
Old July 20th, 2016, 12:32 PM
MOTORHEAD

Happy hump day

:d
Old July 20th, 2016, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jamesbo, when I saw my new Dr. last month, I asked about the effectiveness of fish oil/omega 3 and krill oil supplements, he said that they had little effect, told me that there are alternatives to Statins, guess I'll find out in Sept. when they go over my bloodwork/tests with me.
Sorry, but 'm with John on this one.
These 'Doctor Gods" give out way to may pills and want way too many test [IMHO to cover their a$$] I like Dr Weise and some of the less trational and more natural cures

My health insurance got changed to one of the big companies so I got a new doc, dat doesn't know me from Adam's house cat. but he keeps push'in test and pills on me that I don't want.

Anyway, I got my blood werk done a-agin yesterday, So I have a base line. I'm gonna try sum natural stuff for a few months w/o the statins and then go back and see if it werks

Guess I have ta give up the BBQ rib sandwiches fer a while

Again, tanks for all the advice
Old July 20th, 2016, 07:39 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy All Hope All Is Well

Been busy, busy, busy!

Besides he-ing and she-ing on the Atlantic coast and betwinkt werkin' and wrastling with the Hoodlum that has been giving me a fit. Can't seem to pin-point the problem. Backfire through the carb is the issue along with not staying running. Since then I have changed plugs, cap, rotor button and a broken spring on the mechanical timing advance within the magnetic pickup equipped msd distributor.

Anywho I am ordering another carb and am going to check to make sure the timing gear drive didn't jump a tooth (highly unlikely) Wish me luck, please....

Catch y'all on the flipside
Old July 21st, 2016, 03:54 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Inline

Scot, Good to hear from you.

Looks like we have a few drive by's lately.

Jamesbo, Hope you get something that works.

Have a Thursday all.
Old July 21st, 2016, 04:01 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

The pups are going to accompany me to the Awful house this morning and then they are off to jail. Then it's a 9 hour ride up to Ohio. This trip is brutal up until past Lexington. It seems to take forever to get there.

Decided last night not to go look at that Commander. I drive trucks and big cars all the time and if I'm going to buy something I want sporty and fun for a change. So I got the Mustang washed up and ready and figured if there were someplace that I was going to get door dings I just wouldn't go. Of course this morning I'm wishing I didn't have to take it.

So have a good weekend everyone, I'll try to check in while I'm in the land of Buckeyes, otherwise I'll be back Sunday. See ya's.
Old July 21st, 2016, 06:27 AM

Mawn'in all

Not quit so hot [yet]

Scot, I'm sure you'll figger it out

Mike, Safe travels

Oatmeal realy isn't bad. Wish I could chop up sum sausage just to kick it up a notch

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old July 21st, 2016, 10:50 AM

Hi guys.
Hot as hell in London, never heard so many people complain about the weather. Got up to 94 degrees on Tuesday which is fine, but the humidity is wiping everyone out.
I have a recipe for low cholesterol and great health but I know for a fact you lot ain't gonna like it. I have seen a doctor only once this century so that tells you something. Unfortunately it means going completely vegetarian, no smoking, no alcohol and at least seven hours of sleep a night. It works for me but each to their own.

Great car show coming up this Sunday, the North Weald American summer slam. Four to five hundred US cars as well as a live band and a bit of drag racing. They also give prizes for the best burn out etc.

Have a great end to the week.
Old July 21st, 2016, 12:02 PM

London, Thanks for the tip but that ain't gonna happen
Old July 21st, 2016, 01:01 PM

Jamesbo,

I have been on a statin since I started drugs to aid my kidneys that caused my cholesterol to go high. One pill a day 49mg no side affects. Getting old ain't for the faint of heart
Old July 21st, 2016, 03:00 PM
Captain Starfire

One thought: it's not always all er nuttin'. Anything you do will benefit you. Look at things in halves. Have a brownie with Blue Bell and Hershey's syrup 3 nites a week instead of 7. Or have half your normal serving of that chocolate cake; or have two pieces of Popeye's instead of 4. It really is a lot easier to cut back than to cut out, and often, it makes a huge difference -- maybe the critical difference. It's the "Weight Watchers" mentality.

BTW, after watching my wife in that group for about 15 years, I can say that anybody who's really serious about losing weight IN THE LONG TERM will join W.W. It really works.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 05:08 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter not one

Well there's my ole buddy Pat. I kinda knew he was a lurker. Nope Grow'in old ain't fer sissies

John, 1] I can't imagine your better half wanting to loose weight. 2] Chocolate cake ain't my problem it's butter [cause I trust cows more than scientist that invented margarine]cheese, scalloped taters and pork anything

I've been good fer the past few days, I got my base line, trying to control it with diet, oatmeal, salmon, fish fish and more fish

I think I'm getting the DT's fer a Varsity chili cheese dog with French fries and onion rings

better go

Have a great day Olds friends
Old July 22nd, 2016, 05:40 AM

Good "Morning".

Awake again. Was loooong night, felt like it wasnt going to end never.

Just to join debate of weight watching etc, i also noticed when i changed my Place at work where i work, i started to gain weight since it involves nowadays less physical work, when i was an "spade-man" i could eat anything without gaining a pound.
Well, since then ive started to drop various things out- and it does the trick.
Simple and effective. Im even a bit underweight By BMI-index, but i think its easier to watch your weight now when you dont need to drop it, just keep it same.

Oh well, pics? I have to say i love love love those wheels, just as i imagined.
Happy i didnt cheap out to some common ( cheaper) rims.

Old July 22nd, 2016, 08:20 AM

Inline, the wheels look very nice on your Olds.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 09:00 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all... Hot and muggy down in da' swamp.

Jamesbo, she lost about 40 lbs thru W.W. Now she just stays in "maintenance mode." It helps that she's a facilitator, since she feels compelled to practice what she preaches. It's a lifelong thing, kinda' like being an alcoholic. We're both foodoholics. BTW, just eat half the chili dog at Varsity.

Inline, those wheels are classy. Glad they turned out sooo nice.

OK, got up early and moved a few wheelbarrow loads of road fill and dirt, so taking a break.

Y'all have a great Fright Day, Olds pals.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 09:48 AM

Thanks.

Im off from sauna. Just took a few beers. Cant take many, i think i got a heartbreak if im awake 2 days with 4 hours of sleep, and sit at sauna and drink beer continuosly

Weve ( wifey) already decided church, its now just to decide days which to offer for church. Next weekend are funerals for my grandfathers. Actually weird, i nowadays feel happy for him. He got away easily, and im sure hes happy currently, where-ever he is.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 10:26 AM

Jamesbo, my sister puts ground flaxseed on her cereal, oatmeal, etc. and swears by it.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 11:09 AM
Captain Starfire

Not to change the topic, but this is the bunch I bought my lift from 5 yrs ago and I've found them very honest and accommodating. If anybody's in the market for a new lift, this might be your cue:

http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...y%2fAug+Promos
Old July 22nd, 2016, 03:48 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon All

I think tha mercury is getting thinner in my 10-2-4 thermometer Funny thing about the heat wave is that we haven't broken any records. Always warmer years and years ago I call bs on global warming and call it global "wraming"

Anywho enough ranting it's too hot to get werked up

Have a safe trip Mike Take lots of pics while winding up that way. Some beautiful country up that way.

Howdy Pat. Hope all is well.

Jamesbo I have no idear what a statin is I saw the Statler Bros in Missouri one time though.

John that is the same company I am looking at too. They have the best prices around that I've seen. Also they tell you if the lifts are ALI and ETL rated as well if you have a shop that uses them commercially.

Beautiful 442 there Inline and I dig the new wheels as well

Whelp time to go sit down at the table Y'all have a great weekend and be safe Oldsmofriends.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 04:21 PM

[QUOTE=Bee-Oh-Pee;937838]Not to change the topic, but this is the bunch I bought my lift from 5 yrs ago and I've found them very honest and accommodating. If anybody's in the market for a new lift, this might be your cue:

I bought my Dannmar lift from them as well. came packaged well and with no damage. Very helpful people
Old July 23rd, 2016, 01:01 AM

Good Saturday Morning to everyone.

If global warming exists, i want it to Finland and FAST, its like autumn here currently.. Cold. Thats one of those really rare things i dont like at my country
Actually, had to check from google fast. I live on same latitude N, than Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada, is. So what can you except

Today going to celebrate friend who bought house. It might turn wet
Tho i cant celebrate to the Morning, since night-shift again next week, have to go sleep pretty early.
Old July 23rd, 2016, 05:32 AM

headed to the mountains

Yeah, well I had a lift once but it would werk where I wanted it. It's now in Stockbride gather dust on Scot's maybe trailer

Enjoy de weekend Olds friends
Old July 24th, 2016, 07:37 AM

Had a storm come through this am giving us some long overdue rain, as it was getting bone dry out there, unofficial reports of 2 1/2", which is a good dousing in these parts. Had a loud (close lightening strike) earlier while I was still sawing logs, when I got up I had to reset two breakers.
Old July 24th, 2016, 11:38 AM

Evenings.

Its weekend over. Again. This one did fly past way too fast, mainly because of my friends parties yesterday. My wifey also drove my Olds first time for any significant distance, since, well, i wasnt on driving condition today

Well, have a good working week all.
Old July 24th, 2016, 02:43 PM

Speaking of clogged arteries, I'm gonna whip up a couple of bacon 'n Swiss burgers one for now and one for lunch tomorrow.
Old July 24th, 2016, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Speaking of clogged arteries, I'm gonna whip up a couple of bacon 'n Swiss burgers one for now and one for lunch tomorrow.
Now dat's not fair fer a guy grow'in gills from fish and flaxssed

John, Is your view Brasstown Bald?

GTG open sum sardines
Old July 24th, 2016, 04:55 PM

Jamesbo, I think that when I see my Doc. in September, he's gonna wanna have a talk with me and cholesterol.
Old July 25th, 2016, 03:56 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Inline the car looks great with the new shoes.

Had trout last night. The wife caught it from the reservoir, they were stockers but still pretty good.

Happy Monday all.
Old July 25th, 2016, 07:40 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all... first time on 'puter since we arrived in the hills. Had a good, safe trip; didn't stop to eat this time, and Hotlanta traffic was only moderately heavy (no stopping completely for the most part; just slow, heavy clogs). We made it in a record 9.5 hrs w/ one refuel stop and one "facilities-only" pit stop. Kitties pretty much settled down after an hour or so and behaved themselves.

Wish we could see Brasstown from here, Jamesbo; but that's jes ol' Bell mountain, named after your forebears, no doubt.

Hope the new week is starting off good, Clint. Trout is always a "plus" -- I loves it myself. We went to Middendorf's with a friend of better half on Saturday before last, and I had fried stuffed whole flounder -- weren't bad. Better half had the house specialty, which is "thin fried" catfish, and the friend had the fried softshell crabs. Not a bad piece of food on the table.

Dan, if you bring one of them bacon-Swiss burgers to the doc with you, at least he'd know why you're in the condition you're in. Hope the numbers come out OK for you....

Inline, don't work TOO hard.

Scot, they did good by me. I did have to rent a trailer to go pick up the lift from the truck depot; but that was part of the deal. Too long to fit in my pickup. It really is amazing how these things are packaged when you get them. Of course, some jackass had scratched up one of the runners w/ a forklift. Doesn't seem any piece of freight can escape that, no matter where or what. Remember when operating a fork lift was an actual "skill"? I worked with some older guys when I was a pup who could thread a needle with one of the tines. Doesn't seem to be the general rule any more. But they give you a can of touch-up paint with the lift, so I just hit the scratch with the blue, and now you can't see much scarring. It's not worth the bother to try to make it completely right, IMHO.

Whelpt, y'all have a great one, Olds buddies.
Old July 25th, 2016, 09:34 AM

Dan, if you bring one of them bacon-Swiss burgers to the doc with you, at least he'd know why you're in the condition you're in.
What? Then I'd have to share! ya know John, I was a "do all" supervisor at a small shop a few years back and driving a forklift was part of my duties. I always took care to put the forks where they belonged, under the pallet or skid, but there was a guy on first shift that was all about speed and was "full speed ahead" when it came to getting a load out of a trailer, he damaged a lot of sh#t.
Old July 25th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Rolled into town about 2am, uneventful trip home and it was a good weekend. Got out on the lake with a guy from South Dakota. That's a long drive for a weekend. Everything went well and I'm not the guy in charge anymore.

Stopped at the Awful house this morning and then picked up the dogs from jail. At some point I need to go next door and polish up my neighbor's Camaro a little so we can take it to Summit cruise in tonight. This will probably be the last time I can go this summer, as I won't have any more Mondays off.

Lots of catching up to do. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old July 25th, 2016, 02:32 PM

Well the doc [via email] said stop the statins fer 2 weeks and report back. I'm trying to keep it down with diet and other stuff. Thanks for the suggestions

I think high cholesterol helped my golf game, I'm playing like a goat
Old July 25th, 2016, 06:51 PM

Hey folks. Been damn busy so not posting much. Working hard for Toyota, other than two weeks in June, it's been straight trials and shut downs installs. Of course, they reorganized the company, and I got my bonus this year cut in half, demoted, and a woman who couldn't engineer her way out of a paper bag even if we punched a hole in the bottom got promoted, along with an older guy we just hired who apparently was laid off from his last three jobs.

It's not the money; I have enough, it's the lack of respect for me personally, for the idea of hard work and sacrifice being rewarded and incompetence penalized, and for other people in the same boat as me (even though I got it worst due to previous rank.) Oh well, at least it will be fun in the office with the freshly shattered working relationships.
Old July 26th, 2016, 04:19 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Lots going on. Keep pluggin away Koda.

Jamesbo, goat as in bad? or goat as in greatest of all time?

Have a Tuesday.