The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2016, 10:40 AM

Inline that's becuase they're canned "cut paste" change name, part number

BTW Anyone know WTH a Maybach is
Old May 20th, 2016, 10:43 AM

European luxury car. If you meant that?

Nice to hear about poor customer service. Well, if they fool me once, i dont look second time to their parts. Its just that simple.
Old May 20th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Overcast all day, not too warm, either. Rain keeps threatening but so far nothing.

Jamesbo Mercedes makes the Maybach. It's an ultra-ultra Mercedes, in the league of Bentley and Rolls Royce.

I wish Scot would surface, I have an AC question for him. I probably asked him before but I forgot, which means I forgot his answer. Speaking of people we haven't seen in awhile, anyone every hear from Bulldog? What about that guy Wolfie with the bad back?

Night number 1. The guy that says he's going to buy my school bus promises we'll get together next week. We'll see. He needs to find someone to drive him from Ball Ground to here. About a couple hour drive if I remember right. He's a big fellow, what fun that will be bouncing in that bus for two hours in Atlanta traffic.

Okay guess I'll head out. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old May 20th, 2016, 10:04 PM

Jamesbo.
A Mayback is the luxury arm of Mercedes. Think of a top Cadilac on steroids. But it costs around $700000.

Last night in Santa Monica before heading back to the UK. Has been a great trip which we really enjoyed. Loads of classic tin here, even a bright red 442 thundered past me as we ate out.
Thanks to all the Yanks out there for making me feel so welcome but for God's sake sort out your minimum wage so we don't have to tip every five minutes, drives me mad.

Have a good one.

Last edited by LondonCutlass; May 20th, 2016 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Because I'm an idiot
Old May 20th, 2016, 11:39 PM

Good Morning. Cloudy, but no rain promised.

Finland- Russia @ IIHF WC 2016 today! Also USA- Canada. Gonna see some thrillers today. From Finland- Russia. Sorry, but USA- Canada is already played to Canada.

Gonna do some work at yard, and send one part to fellow hobbyist.

Have a great day.
Old May 21st, 2016, 05:34 AM

Mawn'in all

Me thinks Elsie's left fer a while

I always thought there was sum guy in Germany dat woke up in de mawn'in and said, " I think I need a new pool, let's change de numbers on the back of a Mercedes and jack up the price 20 grand" Guess adding a new name is worth a couple 100 K. I read where the Donald has one

Mike PM me if ya want Scot's phone #

GTG daylights burning

Enjoy de weekend Olds friends
Old May 21st, 2016, 08:32 AM

Yeeeehaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did i say?!? Lets see your northern neighbourghs tomorrow @ thrilling FINAL!!!!
Old May 21st, 2016, 10:31 AM

More great news beside Finland playing at Final

Parts Place sent me an e-mail and offered full refund. So, its still 10/10 for them, going to continue my business with them.
Old May 21st, 2016, 11:36 AM

Inline, Who are your "northern neighbors" polar bears?
Old May 21st, 2016, 11:43 AM

I see that we lost Alan Young...Willlburrrr from Mr. Ed, he was 96!
Old May 21st, 2016, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Inline, Who are your "northern neighbors" polar bears?
Norway, and after ww2, Russia too.

We dont have any border to Arctic Sea, since 1944.
Old May 21st, 2016, 04:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Seemed sunny all day, the few times I woke up, but around two had some pretty big thunder. Still seemed sunny, like now.

Jamesbo I have Scot's number, he's probably busy. It isn't anything pressing.

Too bad about Alan Young. Great spokesperson for Studebaker. Not sure if he was a paid endorser, but Wilbur always had a new Stude on the show. Back in the days of telephone answering machines, I had Mr. Ed answer my phone when I wasn't home.

Safe travels home London. Glad you enjoyed your trip. Come back again soon.

Night Two. Last night wasn't so bad, spent three hours on a lav with a water leak. Got it all apart and found out we don't have the parts we needed anyway. An exercise in futility. Though, we didn't know what parts we needed hence taking it apart. A lot of aviation is like that.

Okay gonna hit the road. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Old May 21st, 2016, 08:56 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. 60 with rain here today, still waiting for spring. Kids went to a dart party, its a place with a 20x30 room, and they get to play with nerf dart guns. They ran around for 3 hours and ate cake. Yes they fell asleep early, lol. That was my afternoon.

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend so far.
Old May 21st, 2016, 11:26 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Cant wait for Final. A bit under 11 hours for it

Until then, working at yard. Thank god i can tomorrow go for work to rest
Old May 22nd, 2016, 05:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Finally quit rain'in I hope

Mike, I had the Kingfish on my answering machine answer the phone at the lodge of the Mystic Knights of the sea

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-001

GTG got 2 families coming today

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 22nd, 2016, 04:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another beautiful day here in the Greater Stockbridge Area. Temp says 80 but there's a nice breeze and it doesn't feel hot at all.

Night 3 is upon us. Last night the lead kept giving me work for planes that had been at the gate several hours. Each time I went up, line mechanics told me they already took care of everything. Gotta love it. Went out 3 times and still left an hour early.

Darrell did you get to play with the nerf dart guns, too? My favorite would be the cake.

I've got it in my head that I want a Cobra kit car. Not knowing anything about them, I looked on the internet. There have got to be dozens of different companies making kits and each one is totally different than the rest, yet they all claim to be the best and most accurate. Anybody have knowledge of Cobra kit cars? How cool would it be to build your own car. Not that I know anything about Fords. And even I wouldn't put a BBC into a Cobra, though it would be tempting.

Time to hit the road. One more after this one. I wonder how easy it would be to talk my foreman into having 12 hour shifts. Probably not very. This working four days in a row is for the birds.

Have a good night everyone. Hope Monday is good to you.
Old May 22nd, 2016, 04:23 PM

Mike, Factory Five is one that comes to mind for Cobra kits, but other than that, I know nothing of the price, quality or difficulty in building one.
Old May 23rd, 2016, 04:04 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, I've thought of it, but I know I don't have the willpower to complete a project like that.

Feels like I've been chewed up and spat out. I was going to take it easy yesterday at the race since I'm still sick, but adrenaline thought differently. have a day all.
Old May 23rd, 2016, 04:08 AM

Mawn'in all

Tis a beautiful Monday so guess what?

Mike, I've got three friends into snakes

1] Grew up with, Lives in Thomasville and has one jes becuase he can afford it

2] Went to high school with, Lives in Buckhead, built a garage, went to school to learn welding, built a 289 then shortly there after drove it off the side of a mountain {Don't think he's a big fan anymore]

3] Went to college with, lives in Buckhead, studied and studied and bought a super snake already made, involved in clubs etc. Kinda a Cobra nut case

Number 3 knows more than the others and is a great friend. Let me know if ya wanta chat with him

GTG whitey awaits smacking

I'm still trying to figger out wth they can do to a Mercedes to make it worth the money they get fer a Maybach?

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 23rd, 2016, 05:24 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik' Mountain Mornin'.... Bluebird day; got the tree-trimmer comin' early today and we forgot the checkbook, so I have to run to Clayton to beg Regions to give me some of my money.
Will be back in the near future, Lord willing.
Hope you feel better, Clint.
Y'all have a great moon day, Olds buddies.
Old May 23rd, 2016, 08:42 AM

I'm not sure I'd want a kit Cobra. I'd rather not have one if I couldn't have a real one.

Just spent 4 days with my old man at grandma's. Cleaned up a lot of junk from the place, did some garage repair, scooped gutters from the slate roof, and then I had to do roof repair. Slate roof repair sucks; tar, walking on slate, jamming broken slate together, sitting on hot slate burning your *** from the sun, and being right on the edge 20 feet up all suck.

Oh well, got a lot of stuff done. Went through all the old booze, too. Got rid of most of it, spoiled bottles of kahlua, schnapps, grenadine, and BS. Kept the wine and the liquor. The back yard smells like frat row, must poured out 50 bottles of crap.

I can pack around 20 or so bags of trash in the bed of my Tacoma, and I'll use the apartment's dumpsters as long as I can, so every time I leave town, I go with a full bed of trash.
Old May 23rd, 2016, 03:57 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Yet another beauty of a day. Hope it continues for my days off.

Thanks Jamesbo, I'm gonna think on it awhile longer before I go talking to people. It used to be the Factory Five cars were the ones to have, but with all the companies I've seen I'd say they are about 4 or 5 now. Hm. Like I really need another project anyway. Koda there's no way I'd want a real one. Couldn't drive it, lest your investment of a million plus degrades rapidly.

John good luck with the tree trimmer. Are you going to have the steps done this trip also?

Clint you must be like me. A cold hangs on for weeks it seems and just won't let go. Maybe your boss will give you a couple days off to recuperate.

Last night of work. That guy is coming tomorrow around noon to get the school bus finally. I'll be glad to get that all taken care of. I'm gonna try to spend most of the day over at the shop mowing and moving stuff so I can get a couple more vehicles over there. The blue Suburban, which I can't seem to get running, needs to go in the next month, because the license plates will expire and my $hithead neighbor will see it and start with his phone calls.

Getting gone a little early tonight, hope I get back early as well. This week hasn't been bad but it seems like my weekend has been a long time coming. Glad it's finally here. Have a good night everyone.
Old May 24th, 2016, 04:35 AM
CQR

Morning, Cold is letting go a bit, but the aches and soreness says "Game on!!!" Gonna try to work today without too many sound effects.

Mike sorry about the neighbor. needs to be a little more MYOB around the world I think.

Have a day all.
Old May 24th, 2016, 05:05 AM

Mawn'in all

Anuuter nice one so time to cut grass. weed garden, etc

Mike, Buddy # 1 had a real one back in the 70's and like an idiot sold it.

Have you ever thought of getting a Borgward. They made a model and named it after the Super Model

John, Good luck with the bank letting you have sum of your own money

Clint, Glad your feel'in better

Koda, Let me know when your gonna toss some good hooch.

Well Day lights burning

So, Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 24th, 2016, 08:21 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Meeting that guy who's gonna buy the school bus in about an hour. I'll be glad to have that thing gone. Can't really use it for what I intended, so might as well be rid of it. Hope he has good luck with it.

Tough night at work. Everything I did fought me every step of the way. My lead felt he needed to yap on the phone and look at ebay instead of help me. I thought I left that in the other department. Finally finished up around 530. They can't touch me for three + days so I'm not worried about it.

Beautiful out. Just sprayed my clothes with permathrin, so I can spend the afternoon at the shop and not get eaten up by ticks. Lousy little bastards, they are worse this year than they were last year, already. As many times as I've been bit, I've never had any kind of reaction, knock on wood, so there must not be any Limes Disease in Stockbridge.

Being up this early will seem like I have an extra day off. I don't mind. Have a good Tuesday everyone.
Old May 24th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Captain Starfire

Tooze day update

Mernin', all... nudder gorgeous one in the hills.
All went according to plan, both at the bank and at the abode with the tree trimming. We can finally see the hills again. This family outfit that did the deed were pretty impressive; didn't try to break my bank, and were just as nice, polite, and honest as I've ever encountered.
Mike, we met with a retaining-wall guy yesterday as well. We're hoping we can get one guy to do the retaining walls as well as the staircase in the back. We weren't overly optimistic about him; got the impression he smelled us a mile away and let us have it with both barrels. But he said he wants to come back and discuss the proposal with us, so we're going to at least humor him. But we definitely want to get one or two other outfits out here and get some more prices. If I think a price is reasonable from the get-go and I like the guy, I'd let him do the work. But there were problems in both those areas; so we'll see what develops.
But we need to act while we have a little momentum, 'cause that's hard to come by when it goes away.

So at least at Regions, there's no such thing as a "counter check" any more. I was hoping to go and get a few of them encoded at the counter for our account so we could write 'em up here. But all you can do is withdraw cash. I guess this day & age, you need to be glad for what you can get. So we had to pay the tree guy in cash... not that he minded that. But I'm not wild about walking around with wads of moola.

Whelpt, thought I'd share our "new" view with y'all. First two are Bell Mountain, and last one is Eagle.

Have a great one, Olds pals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 24th, 2016 at 09:28 AM.
Old May 24th, 2016, 10:23 AM

FWIW John, I never hire anyone from Rabun county. They all think they're robin Hood. [Steal from the rich and give to the poor ....themselves] and never ever try to get sum thing done during deer season.
Old May 24th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Always room for one more

Well the school bus is down the road. I hope my friend has good luck with it. So far his son isn't, his brand new Jeep took a rock in the windshield on the way over this morning.

John I'd wake up to that view any day of the week over this so called lake living. Hope you have good luck with the builders. You're like me, you have to approve of the person before things go any further. You ought to see me trying to sell a car. "Nope, not gonna happen, thanks for coming out."

Jamesbo that Borgward is gorgeous. Worthy of its name. I had heard of them but never seen one. I wouldn't mind seeing that in front of the house every day.

Forgot to take gas with me to the shop so I think I'll do some mowing here today. It is glorious out.
Old May 24th, 2016, 06:57 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Rained here most of the day, again. At least I finally got the garden planted. Late this year but I can't change how cold its been here. I am still waiting for some nice spring days.

Clint - sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon my friend. Any pictures of you in the race?

Jamesbo - how did you do smacking whitey around?

Koda - sounds like you had a productive time at Grandmas.

Mike - buy any more cars lately?

Have a good night all.
Old May 25th, 2016, 04:33 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Looks like it will be another beautiful day. Got some mowing done at the house then took the gasoline over to the shop. Fired up the mower and drove about 5 feet and the drive wheel thing on the transmission stripped out and that was that. So if I can make it over to the Snapper place today I'll be back in business.

No Darrell I haven't bought any other cars lately. Though I need to. I thought maybe I'd take the summer off and work on what I have. That's kind of a foreign concept to me. Though I wouldn't mind finding some generic something to drive back and forth to work.

How you doin' Clint? What did the guy think about his 56 when you gave it back to him?

Looks like I'll make the Awful house a little early this morning. That's okay. Hopefully I don't stay all morning and I can run a couple errands this morning.

Okay here I go. Hope everyone has a happity humpity.
Old May 25th, 2016, 04:51 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, The Photographer usually gets them posted the following weekend. Here's a lap of the course on my Gopro.
The sinuses are draining finally and I think I'll live.

Mike He took off and about a half a block down I heard him jump all over it. He had to catch a flight out of town that day so I don't think he got much seat time in. He sure had a smile writing that check so he is either happy or that check is rubber.

MIL went in to the hospital yesterday. So she finally has been diagnosed with what we knew for a long time.(COPD/Emphysema)Now we have to figure out a game plan.

John, The view is stunning.

Have a Humpday all.
Old May 25th, 2016, 05:37 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter nice day to werk outside

BTW, I played like a goat

John, Beautiful view. What's the name of the mountain in the distance? Which way [direction NSWE} are you facing?

Clint, sorry dat video makes me sea sick

Mike, Get yourself an Exmark GREAT mower

GTG day lights burning

Have a GREAT day Olds friends

I'm learning de super model how to drive a zero turn. {notice the lack of trees fences in the practice area ]
Old May 25th, 2016, 06:20 AM
CQR

Old May 25th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik Humpity

Hola, all.... Warmin' up in da' hills, but still very nice. I think it rained right before we came on Saturday, but ain't seen a drop during our stay.

Decided to get two more outfits out here to give us ideas on the walls & stairs. The original guy (Robin H. ) is coming back out today to "splain" his estimate. We'll entertain him and keep the estimate for reference, but we ain't gonna' pull no trigger jes yet.

Got the stitches taken out the hole in my head this morning. Feels better already... although I had to pay somebody to do it. But we're doing what we want to do, and that's worth something.

Also in the market for a couple mountain bikes. Better half finally sold her Moots road bike and we're taking the proceeds to buy ourselves some mt. bikes. Visited a little shop in Blairsville after the stitch-removal this mernin' and we really liked what we saw. This guy carried Marin bikes and he was super laid back and took his time to 'splain a bunch of stuff to us. So chances are, we're going to order them from him and hopefully have 'em before we leave.

Clint, can't watch no videos up here, but will see if it makes me nauseous when I get back. Hope the health continues to improve. And sorry to hear of the MIL; I'm guessing she was a puffer? I know so many folks with that diagnosis nowadays; and a lot of them aren't even in their 60s yet.

Mike, I watched the Blue Collar Comedy Tour ("The Movie") from early 2000s again yesterday 'cause I needed a laugh... and I sure got it. Hadn't watched it in at least 5-6 yrs -- way overdue. If you've not seen it, the four of them wind up in an Awful House near Hotlanta trading stories... (at least Jeff Foxworthy lives in Hotlanta, and perhaps one or more of the others do, as well).

Jamesbo, I think looking off our front balcony looks generally south; but I need to get me a good compass to see if the house is square with the compass or not. But the sun rises to the left (over Eagle) and sets to the right. I'm not sure what that mountain past Bell is. I've always heard lore of Bell being named b/c of its shape (would make sense). But perhaps your forebears settled down this way a century ago.

BTW, I've always thought about you when I watched Maurice Bell, WWII Vet of Mobile, in the PBS Miniseries, The War -- which I've watched in its entirety more than once. He was one of those old guys that brought tears to my eyes.

Whelpt, lemme get crankin. Y'all have a great Humpity, Olds buddies.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 25th, 2016 at 10:14 AM.
Old May 25th, 2016, 10:16 AM

Dang Jamesbo, that's some incline, does your mower have anti gravity factory installed or did you do it yourself?
Old May 25th, 2016, 10:37 AM

No, I'm waiting on john to give me more distructions. I turn it like it's spose to be and save it right side up but when I post it it's cattiwampus. Besides when she's ridding like this she don't sag much
Old May 25th, 2016, 06:48 PM

Good evening everyone.

It has been a long time but I've been working and driving my Oldsmobiles lately and got thinking about this place and wanted to say Hi!
Old May 26th, 2016, 05:27 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

A guy could get spoiled with weather like this. Sunny and nice out. Can't beat it.

Hi Paul. Don't be such a stranger. You must have gotten the bugs worked out of the Cutlass.

John unless Jeff Foxworthy moved back, he lives in Los Angeles. I go past the street he grew up on every day, but I don't believe his house is there anymore. There's a couple of industrial type places that have gone in and taken out several of the houses and I think his was one of them. Ron White lived in Atlanta at some point. When I was in the Corvair club his manager contacted the then president and said they found some Corvair parts in a house he had just bought, and would we help sell them. Not sure whatever became of that.

Clint that's a cool video. I would have guessed the camera would be all shakey, not everything else. Hope the MIL gets on a good treatment plan.

So about a year ago I get this thing in the mail from Ford, saying my Mustang is one of the cars that has the bad inflator in the airbag, and they will get with me soon to have it replaced. Lately I've been thinking, hm I wonder whatever happened with all that. So yesterday I get something that says, they hope to have parts in the fourth quarter of this year. Odd how they have enough parts to keep building new cars, but don't have any parts to fix the unsafe ones. Potentially unsafe.

Finally got a couple batteries for the Deuce and a half yesterday. Put them in, nothing. Cleaned the battery terminals real good, nothing. Left the accessory switch on while I looked at something else, the wiring for the left turn signal starts on fire. Of course I was on the other side of the truck from the batteries so while I was running over to disconnect them(turning the switch off did nothing) I heard a popping noise coming from the dash. This is very puzzling. Not a clue what's wrong. Shorted accessory switch maybe? I'm not good at electrical, and the sucker is too big to have hooked to someplace.

Time to hit the road. Gonna have my neighbor give me a ride up to my work so I can pick up my pickup, then go over to the hangar where we're having AMT Day. This is the birthday of the first ever airplane mechanic so there's food and vendors. I want to look at some tools and free food is always good, too. Have a good day everyone.
Old May 26th, 2016, 05:38 AM

Mawn'in all

Beautiful and hot day down ere

Welcome home cardesigner.

Been Stud'in up on Maybachs. Seem like de started out like a wild fire and sorta fizzled out

John, I don't have any forbears dat didn't live in anything but mobile homes

GTG got 2 funerals today

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old May 26th, 2016, 06:22 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all... nice up here, and even a tad cool this mernin'; but perhaps Elsie is right around the corner, hiding her big, fat, pendulous udder.

Jamesbo, lotsa' trailers up here; 'specially at ground level. And nuttin' sez Maurice didn't live in one when he returned from WWII. (But BTW, I'm at a loss for a salutation when somebody's off to two funerals. )

Mike, I think J. F. said he lived in Hotlanta when that "tour" was made. That was over 10 yrs ago; was unsure of the others. Was kinda' hoping you were going to say Ron was going to donate those parts to your nonprofit club, but then I woke up.... BTW, seems a wonder Ron's still breathing. As my dearly departed Aunt Jean used to say, "One foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel."

Welcome back, Paul.... Sounds like you've been good-busy.

Got another retaining-wall guy comin' over today. We shall see. But we did order our mountain bikes from the guy in Blairsville; hopefully we'll be riding before we leave...

Adios for now, Olds amigos.