The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2016, 06:39 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Another rainy one and in the 60's today. We're finally supposed to get some sun tomorrow and maybe even 70. Of course, after all the rain over the last 10 days the lawn is growing like crazy. Should have a job and a half when I can finally get to it.

John/Mike - I agree about the time to work on the cars. I have plenty of car projects to do and there all sitting around. I have a motor to assemble for someone and they have been patient but I need to get moving on it. Not to mention some of my stuff.

John - I'm not into bikes but that looks like a lot of fun. I'm sure its fast.

Scott/Jamesbo - yes I also wondered what happened to Teepo too. I hope it did stay with Nicole and maybe she would consider dropping us a note on here.

Clint - glad to here it finally warmed up there. About time!

Hope you all had a good weekend.
Old May 9th, 2016, 03:47 AM
CQR

Good Mornin all.

Darrell, What kind of motor?Seems we all could use 6 months of Vaca to get caught up. Probably wouldn't help tho.

Scott, Howd, Dinner go? I grilled up some ribeyes last night. Funny thing, My stomach was growling by bed time. Almost like it was chinese food.

John the bike sure is pretty, I'm glad you mentioned you had just washed it. Because with the spot under it I was going to question if it was part Haley.

Mike, What a neat little car.I'm guessing if you went into O'riellys and asked for points and condenser for it, The zit faced young man behind the counter would think you are trying to be funny.

Have a day all.
Old May 9th, 2016, 04:11 AM

Mawn'in all

Well, Tis Monday so guess what

I saw a nice FB post by Nicolle wit a pic of her and Sandy for mother's day.Sure do miss her.

John, [and all you bikers] I thought about you yesterday when I was drivng home Southbound on Ga 400 [a.k.a. the Alpharetta Autobahn]Seem like sum body on a bike zigged when they shoulda zagged. The helicopter blocking the highway eventually life flighted them hopefully to a full recovery.

Welp, GTG whitey awaits

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 9th, 2016, 06:47 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Hiya All

Coming up a cloud here but doubt Elsie will show. Enjoying the cool mornings while I can.

Yeah I saw Nicole's post, very touching and heart felt.

I enjoy riding bikes, but again with the terrible/distracted drivers around here, I have given up on ever owning another. I would like to find a pit bike for the track. I wouldn't mind finding an early 70's Honda Trail 70.

The late lunch went off great with the cast. We decided to take the masses to the park and it was a gorgeous day. Not too hot in the shade with a good breeze blowing all day. Women happy, kids happy, we good now

Whelp daylight is burnin.. Have a wondermus day Oldsmofriends
Old May 9th, 2016, 09:32 AM

Clint, were those Tornadoes anywhere near you? One that they showed on the news was huge. John, way back when I had a bike (1979 Yamaha 650 Special in 1980), I cleaned it after every ride, including the fins on the heads, the pipes never blued on me, though it happened to a couple of guys that had 'em at the time.
Old May 9th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Good night at work. We hit the jackpot on this one plane I was working on. It was a charter and it had salmon, chicken, steak, salad, cheesecake, mac and cheese, it went on and on. Who are the Cavaliers, basketball? We have a couple planes outfitted for charters, all First Class seats, and tables up front. We sat there like we were kings. Nice for a change.

Clint the auto parts people don't even know what a Plymouth is anymore. At most of the auto parts stores around here the person will see the part on the computer and still get the wrong part off the shelf. I'd go broke if I had to get all my parts at NAPA.

Tonight is a rare occasion that I get to go to the Summit cruise in. I took tonight off so I could leave for Florida early early in the morning. It's gonna suck being home without the dogs tonight.

Okay gotta get something done. Really nice out today. Have a great afternoon everyone.
Old May 9th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Captain Starfire

afternoon, all

Whelpt, "the muggies" are back. Humidity is in true Louisiana form today, with our snap of spring-like weather now a distant memory. Nothing good lasts forever -- at least on earth.

Thanks for the bike compliments, folks. I have to say, I like looking at it almost as much as I like riding it. Mike, it took me quite a while to take it apart & put it back together, but I did a good job; better (I think) than a guy at the motorcycle store would have done. But I'm pretty **** like that.

So Mike, here's the casa w/ the new shutters. Please excuse my little compost bin on the lawn. Maybe gives the pic a little character? BTW, have a great trip & week in FL.

Dan, that was a neat old bike... My first bike was a '76 Yammy XS500 I bought it brand new for the steep price of $1345 in 1977.

Whackem good, Jamesbo. Hope the weather doesn't get too bad, Clint. Glad the day went well for the family, Darrell.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 9th, 2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old May 9th, 2016, 11:22 AM

I know what you all mean on the cars getting in the way. I figure I'll be at a break point here in a couple years; if I remain on my own, I can do some major projects, like make a race car, if I get hitched to some girl, then less.

Met with a plumber this AM before work for final plumbing jobs here in a couple weeks in the house. Tonight is time to go over the paint with a fine tooth comb for touch up list.

Managed to go run yesterday for first time in 6 months. Only did three miles, and the quads hurt today.

Wish my property looked that good.
Old May 10th, 2016, 03:12 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone. Worm. First time in awhile.

Getting ready to hit the road. While I don't relish a 5 hour ride, it isn't a bad one. I'll get a few CDs together and it will go by just like that.

John you have a stately looking manor. That's a pretty small composting bin you got there.

Quiet in the house this morning. Good reason to get going. The car already has gas so a quick stop to get something to drink and I'm off. Not sure I'll have internet access this week, so hope everyone has a good week. See ya's.
Old May 10th, 2016, 03:53 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike safe travels, Also, if you are going to drink and drive you probably shouldn't post it on a public forum. Hehehe.

Koda, if you haven't run in that long, three miles is plenty. That's what I've been doing 3 days a week, and I need to lengthen it a bit now that I'm getting into it.

John it's beautiful, I got the back yard mowed last night. the Lawn, front and rear, looks just atrocious this year, but I really don't care enough to do anything about it.

Jamesbo, Thats why I don't have a scoot for the street. Around here it's much safer to be jumping/racing a dirtbike, than to venture out onto the public thoroughfares.

Dan, No sir. that was very far east from here, In fact if it were any further east they would have been talking about the Kansas tornadoes. That one storm chaser sure got some fantastic shot of them, didn't he? If you hadn't seen it, Here is a neat pic of it.

Have a Tuesday!
Old May 10th, 2016, 05:18 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter nice one

Mike, Safe travels

John, Your home is loverly, 'When ya have time come on by and help me pick up $hit laying around my dump.

Clint, Yikes, Wonder what makes a fella wake up one mawn'in and decide he wants to chase tornadoes.

Koda, Might as well take out a 2nd mortgage if you're gonna use a plumber

Scot, My garden [except the taters] is off to a very slow start

Well GTG Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 10th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Captain Starfire

Afternoon, all

Thanks for the kind words, y'all. Mike, that's the little "blue bin" we keeps in da' kitchen for compost scraps. I had jes dumped it and inadvertently put it in the field of view.

Better half & I did the trip to B.R. to hit Trader Hoe's -- I mean Joe's -- and Costco this morning. We're over $200 and 3.5 hours poorer now.

Glad that didn't come in your direction, Clint. Mighty fierce looking. I've never seen a tornado in my life, and would be perfectly content to maintain that claim.

Cleaned out the lawn building yesterday -- not that it needed it. Hadn't been done in at least 5 years. It's amazing how much space can be freed up if stuff is even slightly organized. I got me one of them Harbor Freight riding-mower/ATV jacks a while back & assembled it. Works pretty good! Next I need to do the annual maintenance on the ol' John Deere. (I previously lifted the front of the thing with my cherry-picker.)

Whelpt, more muggies in the forecast; looks like a good chance of Elsie hitting here on Thursday and Friday. Glad we didn't have the bike ride scheduled this week.

Have a great one, Olds chums.
Old May 10th, 2016, 06:31 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Overcast today and 60. Keep thinking its going to warm up but it sure is taking its time.

John - that is a beautiful house. Hard to believe that is the same yard that was underwater a few weeks ago.

Clint - I'm assembling a small block Chevy motor. I've done a few of them but its been a couple of years since the last one.

I'm not on FB so is it possible for someone to paste what Nicole wrote so we can see it on here?
Old May 10th, 2016, 08:21 PM

Hello,

CQ, I ran pretty heavily last year when I was a roadwarrior for work. That, and bringing dinner materials and a george foreman and living in a residence inn helped keep me away from the calories and the restaurants at night. I'd be training for the Evansville 10 mile River run weekend after this one, but my old man is coming into town. Ran another 3 tonight, same route, some 45 seconds per mile faster. Rust is coming off.

JB, yeah, this project is expensive across the board. I'm planning on doing it right, moving in, and doing NOTHING to the inside of the place for 20 years other than living in it. I'll have enough to do with yardwork, cars, and my shooting hobby and exercise. A female friend says a woman will be along soon enough to correct me on how I did it all wrong, but I am betting against it. I think I was happier back when I was a lardass and could blame being single on that; now that I'm an eligible dude, I see there aren't many women of worth anymore. I don't mean to be overly negative, my bad.

Punchlist is done for my other contractor. 58 items, mostly paint touch up.
Old May 11th, 2016, 04:11 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, fairly stock or with some extra sauce? I still have a motor for my 450 that I need to re-assemble. Just not enough hours in the day.

John I've seen a couple but none were very close. I find the pictures fascinating but like you, don't need to be that close to one either.

Well found out the pipes still aren't free flowing out of the house, So had to have a rooter comeout last night. The missus was already in a foul mood, but that made it worse. Gotta go with the kid today as she's buying a truck.

Have a day.
Old May 11th, 2016, 05:00 AM

Mawn'in all

Beautimus day

Got de mowing done yesterday

John, Inquiring minds need to know what happened to de bag of Sakcrete dat got wet

Koda, What ya shooting? Trap? Skeet? Groundhogs at 1000 yards? I wouldn't know how to act w/o de super model giving me directions.

Going over to de golf course to pick up a truck load of clippings to mulch my maters,

Here's a cut and paste of the FB page
Old May 11th, 2016, 06:15 AM

At the risk of being non PC. Can y'all smell the Confederate Jasmine bloom'in
Old May 11th, 2016, 10:05 AM

Can y'all smell the Confederate Jasmine bloom'in
Well, unfortunately no, as I don't have a scratch n sniff screen...which is probably a good thing for me
Old May 11th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Captain Starfire

Beautiful, Jamesbo... Didn't know what that stuff is, but I think we have some of it down here. Does it grow wild usually, or is it normally just planted? We have a ton of stuff around the house that I thought was mimosa, but it's not... this stuff doesn't have the mimosa pods, but has all-white down-like tufts that completely FILL the air durng this season, and get into everything. Maybe you know what it is? I should try and post a pic.

Had my Mohs surgery done on my forehead this morning. Was in the dr's office for 3 hours. He did it in one pass, though, which is good. But it gave me quite a nice hole in the head (which I needed!), along with a total of 9 stitches.

Thanks, Clint.... I guess the casa takes precedence over the Buick & the Olds... it's the secret of a 25-yr marriage.

Koda, you sound as if you're doing it right from the get-go. BTW, I was a runner for about 20 yrs until my scoliosis and monster-size frame finally yelled at me: "Stop!" So it's the treadmill and hiking for me these days. But I still miss the running... and it's a great chick magnet! IMHO, women's quality ain't no worse than the hombre's. It just might be tougher for like-minded (decent) individuals to meet up these days; but certainly in the realm of "likely" given enough time.

Whelpt, let me continue sitting on my **** whilst the hole in the head heals up.... Have a great Humpity, Olds buds.

p.s.: since not much activity today, let me add this morsel I just saw from Hagerty. Always had a soft spot for the movie, American Graffiti, prolly 'cuz I remember going to see it with a special date when I was in H.S.:

https://www.hagerty.com/Articles-Vid...ti-Deuce-Coupe

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 11th, 2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old May 12th, 2016, 04:19 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John, heal quickly. Otherwise when you put your bonnet on (So you don't have to have another MOHS again) It won't rub it raw. The scar from mine is still discolored, I think its going to be permanently pinkish compared to the surrounding skin.

The kid is happier than a Barrow in mud with her F250 she bought. It was kinda sketch having to go to the pawn shop so the previous owner could pay off the balance using a POA since her BF is in the klink. But she now has a state issued title in her name, so all is good I guess.

Have a good day.
Old May 12th, 2016, 05:53 AM

Mawn'in all

Decided to werk in de garden before de heat.

Scot, Do you soak you okrie seeds before ya plant them?

John, Sorry about de hole in your head but glad ya caught it early. BTW Mimosa is a bush jasmine is a vine. Zo what happened to de bag of concrete mix after the floods?

Clint, Glad de kid is as happy as an OIC is slop.

Not sure what I'd do if de puter had scratch and sniff.

Welp Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 12th, 2016, 07:56 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all... thanks for the well-wishes. Once the anesthetic wore off, it hurt a little; but we're good. He gave me a prescription for a pain killer, but don't really need it. I just have to continue to "warm the bench," so to speak. Good opportunity to get some stuff done in the office.

Jamesbo, a couple of the 80-lb bags o'concrete in the storage bldg are now petrified. The moisture did them in, but they're prolly about 2-3 yrs old, sitting in that building out there; so they may have been pretty hard before the flood. But I didn't get rid of 'em yet. Might put them in one of the many low spots on the prop'ty and add a little dirt on top. I won't be able to pick 'em up for a couple-three weeks, tho', since I don't want to rip the hole in my head open.

Boat trip #2 with members of our high school class is coming up next week... should be super! And it's super of our classmate to have us out on it for a day. Lots of times when guys strike it rich, they forget all their former friends. But Dana retained both his wife (of about 35 yrs -- along w/ 5 beautiful daughters) as well as his old classmates.

I probably beat it into the ground last time, but I'd never been on a private boat that nice before our last trip in Dec. of '14 -- right after our 40-yr reunion. The boat is called the Seven D's and it creates a scene wherever it goes. And he picks up the tab for everything. I know just the fuel for this thing runs over a grand per outing. I went in the engine room last time to view the two massive Cat V-12 diesels.

Whelpt, y'all have a great one, Olds friends.
Old May 12th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone. Hm, seems like afternoon. It is at my house.

Had an uneventful yet pleasant drive down here to the panhandle. It's been nice hanging with family and when everyone goes to bed at 8pm I stay up half the night watching Velocity channel. If I had that channel at home I'd never leave the house.

Quick question for Dan. Have you owned your Aura long enough for the hard plastic line to crack going from the washer tank to the hood? On my Mom's car it's cracked up inside the hood and the only way to get to it is take out the hood liner, which will destroy it. Have you had the hood liner out and replaced this line? On my Saturn SW the line cracked and I replaced it with a rubber hose and it still didn't work. Mom uses wiper fluid like it's going out of style.

Little bit of rain this morning but now the sun is out. We're cooking out tonight and will have a crowd over. I say I like living by myself but it sure is fun to be at a party. I do miss the dogs. Hope they are okay in jail.

Okay I'll see you guys later.
Old May 12th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Captain Starfire

Have a nice time, Mike... you deserve it.

Jamesbo: you're a green-thumb kinda' guy; me, I'm a "black thumb"!

But here's my source of confusion: I can't look at the bush/vine/tree (the jasimne) you pictured and know it was a technically a "vine" without further investigation; then it would be an uneducated guess. On the surface, that "plant" could pass as a "bush" or "tree" to me.

Also, you said mimosa is a "bush." All I can do is to take you literally. My next-door neighbor when I was a kid had a mimosa in her back yard, hanging over our yard. But that mimosa was an easy 20-25' high. Sure didn't look like a bush to me. I'm so confused. Now, taters: that's sumpin' I can deal with!

BTW, our two blueberry "bushes" (they're really bushes) in our back yard really went berserk in the last week or so with the blueberries. We've been picking at least a pint a day. And boy, are they good... Had some on my waffles this morning.
Old May 12th, 2016, 11:20 AM

Ok, Here we go. A mimosa is a bush that can grow into a fairly large tree It's not very popular any more because it doesn't have any leaves in the winter and look butt ugly. But some people still like them because the attract humming birds.

They're really more of an old country shrub than a citified plant

Git it? got it? good

This kinda reminds me of my all time favorite tee shirt. " If you like my mountains, you'll love my bush" [Bavarian beer of course]
Old May 12th, 2016, 07:36 PM

Hello,

Been raining a LOT here the past 48 hours. I declogged my much neglected gutters to let out probably 20 gallons of water trapped up there.

James, I usually do 3 position sling rifle shooting, collect pistols and rifles and fool around with them, and deer hunt. Would like to set up a 1000 yard gun. I work for Appleseed and Revere's Riders.

BeeOP, yeah, once I get moved and get settled I want to join a tri-athlete club in town. I like biking, can run, and I swam in high school for the team. The problem with chicks these days is they're either obese or have no morals or both, so I figure I'll run and go to church.

Those are nice plants. My place is so overgrown, all I do is mow it with my woefully inadequate push mower and weed whack. I intend to do some chainsaw landscaping and yank some stuff out near the fall.

Isn't a mimosa a drink? Something cultured women drank?

Moving along on the house. Correct size cabinet came in, along with handles. I gave my guys a 60 item list, mostly paint, but they think 4 guys can knock it out all tomorrow. Tile backsplash and shower border on Tuesday, then more stuff to come. I'm hoping to be done next month and moved in July.
Old May 12th, 2016, 09:02 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening all. 75 and sunny today, actually got hot in the car today and needed the ac. Short lived though as it supposed to be colder again tomorrow. Spent the last two nights after dinner cleaning the truck. Clay bar, wax and 303 on all the vinyl/plastic trim and tonneau cover. Looks really clean, until I take it out tomorrow into the yellow haze of pollen.

Clint - the motor is a mild rebuild. Block is a 40 over 350, main bearings are only 10 over. Comp cams 447 lift I believe, have to look at the card that came with it again. Fuelie heads from a 67 motor, ported and polished. Compression around 9.7 to 1. Should have some good torque.

Jamesbo - thanks for posting the pictures of Sandy from facebook. Sure do miss her daily humor and stories.

John - sounds like a good use for those cement bags.

Heading to bed, have a good night.
Old May 12th, 2016, 09:50 PM

Mike, yes last winter I replaced that line while also replacing the squirters on the hood, after shearing one off with a snow brush. Not a hard job, the hood insulation comes off pretty easy. You will have to replace the squirters (nozzles) as they get brittle and will break where they connect to the hose. Rock Auto has the nozzles for about 15 bucks, (Dorman) they are identical to the factory, here is where I bought the line on ebay, as Rock Auto doesn't have them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saturn-GM-OEM-07-08-Aura-Wiper-Washer-Windshield-Washer-Hose-25804652-/141802675830?fits=Year%3A2007|Make%3ASaturn|Model% 3AAura|Submodel%3AXR|Engine+-+Liter_Display%3A3.6L&hash=item2104191e76:g:cCAAAO SwLqFV8LlO&vxp=mtr

Last edited by 1969w3155; May 12th, 2016 at 10:14 PM.
Old May 13th, 2016, 04:48 AM

Mawn'in all

Elsie came late yesterday afternoon and watered de garden fer me

Koda, Cool, Being southern white trash, I was drug up hunting and fishing mostly doves, quail and ducks. But I haven't popped a cap in years [except the ground hog dat was after my broccoli I sent home to glory with a M 1a1]

These day about all I do is try to play golf.

I used to collect Confederate pistols til the market got crazy scary and I used to collect Springfield arsenal rifles/muskets

Since I'm married to a black Irish baby of 9, I say always marry an orphan. [no family]

Since de garden is watered, the grass mowed and it's too wet to plow, I'm headed norte

Old May 13th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all.. still muggy down here, but humidity is spose to take a back seat tonite & tomorrow, although temp's won't be plunging much.

Jamesbo, that's one way to drum up bidness... Head north.
BTW, that is quite a fine looking display of artillery you have there. I thought you said "pistols." Those must be at your "southern" abode, huh?

Koda, what you're sayin' about the women-folk is what the "good" women-folk is sayin' about the men-folk. But runnin' & going to church sounds like a good thing to me, in any case.

Me, I never hunted a thing in my life -- not that I wouldn't. I'd love to hunt me some armadillo in my yard, but am too lazy to stay up all night and wait for the varmints to come roamin' around to dig up the property. And I sure love venison.

Yeah, Darrell, since I'm not Italian or Sicilian, I have no other uses for them. The only offers I make to folks is ones they're free to refuse.

Hope you're enjoying the Florida family & environs, Mike.

Should prolly take it easy again today whilst I'm still stitched up, but I'm growing a bit zany. Might have to take it easy outside, at least roamin' around a bit.

Dan, I'm headed up to St. Joe in August. My MI buddy's was invited to show his '55 Coupe deVille at the the concours, and he's actually going to ship it to St. Joe & back to Torch Lake for the event. He doesn't want to put the miles on it.... it only has 24k. As my Dad used to say, "Nice to be rich." But I have to give the devil his due: it's a breathtaking car. Looks practically new.

Y'all have a great Fright Day the 13th and weekend, Olds amigos.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 13th, 2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old May 13th, 2016, 09:41 AM

Old May 13th, 2016, 10:00 AM

Jamesbo, what a cool collection, if you couldn't get the ball n cap in one in a hurry, you could always skewer someone. John, St Joe is alot closer, there is a concourse that I have been wanting to check out there..providing it doesn't interfere with the Del Shannon car show 8/13.
Old May 13th, 2016, 10:11 AM

Good evening. Whats up everyone? Hope you have everything alright.

Ive been busy with my roof, and work. Today i received all the last new parts sold for my Cutlass to replace broken ones. Mainly interior parts. Going to be busy weekend again, no matter what i planned earlier.. Problem of our work- at winter i have all the time in the world, and at summer, i have a list of undone things big as a mountain. Next weekend tho were going to my wifeys parents summer cottage.

I have a question too. Ive never liked new music ( >80's) much, and recently i found an old band called Fleetwood Mac. I fell in love, exactly the music i like to listen most. Can you suggest me bands similiar to this? For me alone its much a hit'n'miss to try to find them without any suggestions since ive never lived that time myself. 70's being for me the pinnacle of music, with 60's and 80's following closely behind.

Have a great weekend everyone, and everything good for all of you.
Old May 13th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Captain Starfire

That's the one I'm going to, Dan. Were you able to view the link? Unfortunately, it's the 13th.

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
St Joe is alot closer, there is a concourse that I have been wanting to check out there..providing it doesn't interfere with the Del Shannon car show 8/13.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 13th, 2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old May 13th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home this afternoon and did the shopping and got the dogs. Now I'm staying in the rest of the evening. Glad to be home. Had a good time with the family it was nice to see everyone.

Dan I tried getting the hood liner off the car but wherever I touched it just crumbled. Probably baking in the Florida sun hasn't helped it. I'm going to gather all the parts and next time I'm there do the rebuild. I hope the washer tank never goes bad I think you have to take the whole front of the car apart to get to it.

Thanks John. How's the noggin? I'm with Koda. A Mimosa is what we serve in First Class on morning flights.

Jamesbo I have that Confederate Jasmine stuff growing all over my yard. On the chain link fence mostly, but other places. Tough to get rid of but it smells nice.

Koda you must be a young man. All this athletic stuff and refurbing a house, and looking for a nice girl. I'm old and fat. I can't be bothered with being athletic and I'm getting to the place where I can't be bothered with a female. I mean, this last one cut me loose because I have bad days off. I don't need the drama. Perhaps I should go back to church as well.

Guess I'll get caught up around here and then catch up here later on. Nice evening out, light clouds and warm but not humid. The dogs are flaked out on the couches already. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old May 13th, 2016, 08:41 PM

John, yep I viewed the cars there, sweet, which is why I love going to the Gilmore so much, those classics through the fifties are always great to see and photograph.
Old May 14th, 2016, 12:05 AM

Good Morning everyone.

Heres a link to pictures of last weekends Lahti Classic Motor show. Not taken By me. First album is from the actual show, and second album is a small sample of cars on >30yr old parking lot.

http://lazycruisers.kuvat.fi/kuvat/S...ow+7-8.5.2016/

Should start to rain soon, have to do something and fast at outside.

slantflat - so youre girlfriend aint with you anymore? Remember reading hastily that you were visiting your family at ..Florida?

Have a good day everyone
Old May 14th, 2016, 11:05 AM

kinda a late worm
Old May 14th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Getting ready for work, first time this week. Ah it's nice being off but when I get back it's like I never left.

Hope we don't go into overload with all this activity today. I got up around noon to go pay some bills, then went to Awful house for lunch, then came home and went back to bed. Got up when the dogs wanted their supper. No idea what's been going on at work this week so I figured being rested up wouldn't be a bad thing.

Yes Inline I was dating this girl for awhile but evidently she couldn't see past the end of her nose and decided going out during the week just wasn't her cup of tea. I'm sure there is more to that but she didn't let on.

So Dan I was thinking, did you have a tool to take the buttons off the hood liner or did you get your hand behind and just pull them out? I tried that and busted off a corner of the liner. I was going to start in on my, a new car comes with working squirters, bit but I doubt they'd give her very much for the car and I'd probably end up with it and the job would have to be done anyway. I am going to get one of those polishing kits for plastic and buff out the headlight covers when I'm there next.

I busted off the little antenna thing on my phone. I don't think it does anything but I'm taking this as the event that finally gets me to get a new phone. I don't know anything about smart phones. Who here can school me on what's the latest and greatest and the pro's and con's. Should I stick with Verizon or go to someone else? Track Phone from Walmart? Not looking forward to this.

Okay time to head out. Hope everyone is having a good afternoon.

Last edited by slantflat; May 14th, 2016 at 04:04 PM.
Old May 14th, 2016, 05:18 PM

Mike, those clips that hold the hood panel on all broke but one when I pulled them off, I took the good one with me to the parts store, and they had some generic ones in the same size.