The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2016, 10:37 AM

Good evening and good night, just came from work and only paying few bills and then ill go sleep.
Will read at weekend whats written here.
Old April 14th, 2016, 01:03 PM

Evening all

Thought I had better let you all know that all sounds well in London.
Been really busy lately, new driveway and a complete new garden with 105sqm of solid stone patio. Looking good at last.

Been getting busy with my 55 Consul giving it a good shakedown to be ready if we actually get a summer. Engine out tomorrow to prep the bay for a fresh paint. Also take the bottom of the engine apart and give it a good clean.

Weather in London is very changeable, lots of sun and rain but reasonably warm.

Have a great day.
Old April 14th, 2016, 02:12 PM

Hello.

Baseboard mostly in on the house. I think it's finishing today. Going to have a couple weeks of downtime shortly on progress.

The west line at work is getting annoyed at me. My nylon details are wearing prematurely and the AWD transaxles are not always smoothly bolting onto the V6's. I will replace that detail with steel. Wear that.
Old April 14th, 2016, 07:34 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Believe it or not, it means something

Rain is here Elsie go away, I'm looking at an engine for my jon boat

Tired so g'nite all
Old April 14th, 2016, 09:49 PM

Scot, now you're communicating in binary code? HR?

Last edited by 1969w3155; April 14th, 2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old April 15th, 2016, 04:47 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

London, Good to hear from you. Busy is good. Makes the workday go by quick.

Mike, I need a change in my life. I don't really care for how I look, and the kid needed a little encouragement. She started going with her beau, but he now has a job that conflicts with the timing of that. I starting having ladies stare at my chest and asking who my surgeon was.

Well snowpocalypse is coming. They are calling for 1-4 feet of snow this weekend. Really putting a damper on the race in Pueblo this weekend.

Have a day all.
Old April 15th, 2016, 06:33 AM

I remember the good ole days when I knew wth everyone was talk'in about [most of de time]
Old April 15th, 2016, 09:32 AM

Well, I made it here, Spent most of the morning making "Hawaiian meatballs" for work. Finally going to get some warm weather, low 60's today, 70ish for Sat & Sun, think I'll take Monday off, a long weekend to get the gutters cleaned out, pick up branches and mulch/bag up late, last fall's leaves. Clint, don't send that mess this way. have a good one all.
Old April 15th, 2016, 10:15 AM

Good evening, off from work, fresh after sauna.
So, best season start ever. 52,5 hours in week, and friday is always just 8 hours. Hope to climb over 80hr/ week at autumn.
Thats what i describe as life; week hard working, friday early to home, lit the sauna, bath there for hours and enjoy loads on beer. Then your ready for weekend with wife on saturday Morning; because sleep will come before you get drunked. God. I love this.

LondonCutlass: Hello, havent seen you there before. Tho i havent been there too long..
Sounds just like our climate; maybe a bit harsher in reality since you live on island.

slantflat: Good yo had nice time with your sister. I have to ask; what is awful house? Sometimes ive been thinkin its some dinner-place, but sometimes im not sure. Could you enlighten me?

Hope you all get nice spring soon and could take your cars out.

Wife told me to stay awake 2 more hours..

Last edited by Inline; April 15th, 2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old April 15th, 2016, 10:27 AM

http://www.wafflehouse.com/
Old April 15th, 2016, 10:36 AM

what is awful house?
Sometimes we are not even sure what it is.
Old April 15th, 2016, 10:57 AM

It's one [Mike's] of a few thousand chain diners where the waitress have more ***** than teeth

Scot, I give up unless it the firing order of B 2 cylinder John Deere with a plug wire missing
Old April 15th, 2016, 12:10 PM

Does it mean 2369801? It does in decimal.
Old April 15th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Good day. Overcast, which meant the dogs weren't too fired up. Slept till 2. Got up and ran a couple errands and figured that all the idiots were out this afternoon. Was glad to get back home.

Jamesbo there are some people in the newspaper today that are from your neck of the woods. They built a custom farmhouse with a cement fireplace(which is actually a concrete fireplace because it isn't dust) and shiplap walls. WTH are shiplap walls?

Scot were you timing the amount of seconds between flipping the light switch on and off?

So Clint are you saying you have man-*****? Perhaps you need the bro, the man-zere. I need to get back to exercising. I'd like to make something serious of this relationship with this young lady, and suddenly I'm a little self-conscious of being fat.

Well it's Monday. A guy at work wants to buy my school bus so he's going to give me the money tonight and he'll probably come get it Tuesday. Fine with me. If I can't use it for what I intended, I'd just as soon be rid of it. Though it is kind of cool having a school bus.

Okay time to make the donuts. Have a good night everyone hope the week starts out good.
Old April 15th, 2016, 09:10 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Quick check in, wanted to say hello. Made it to 60 today and supposed to get close to 70 over the weekend. Seems like spring has decided to finally get here.

After work today, I got in my new delrin race lower control arms, Moog rear springs and Delco gas shocks in the Olds. Tomorrow I'll bolt in the new sway bars and take her for a spin. Pics coming, sorta like the pics of the bathroom I've been promising too.

Clint - I didn't think you had man ***** when I saw you last but it's still a good thing to work out. I miss it if I don't myself. Gets addicting with how good it makes you feel. Hope you don't get the snow apocalypse this weekend. Enough is enough already.

London - good to hear from you again.

Jamesbo - I never saw Cool Hand Luke until a couple of weeks ago. I liked George Kennedy and googled a list of movies he was in and started to rent them. It was a good one.

Heading to bed, catch you all over the weekend.
Old April 16th, 2016, 03:25 AM

Nice day in de mountains but a mite chili

Mike, I don't think you went in de little jousr I renovated next to de main house in de mountains. Amywho, we took old boards from some camp cabins we took down and made ship lapped interior panneling. Basicaly, ya just run the router in opposite direction on de ends. Problem is, once it's up,[and the groves cover each other] I don't know how anyone could tell it's ship lapped
Old April 16th, 2016, 12:33 PM

Good evening. Had a busy day since tomorrow should be heavy rain through-out whole day. Cut all 7 apple-trees, shed some small trees to form a Place for wifey for her garden, and planted 6 spruces to cover our only visible spot on public road passing our house. And drove 40 miles with Cutlass just for ice-creams. Noticed too that my automat shift-linkage needs adjustment, cant pull it to first due to shift lever hitting the "coulisse-panel".

OLD SKL 69 : No worries. Just post us pictures about your bathroom renovation, and you get few weeks time to get pictures about your Oldsmobile
Old April 16th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Was overcast today and heard some thunder mid afternoon, but now it's sunny and warm. It must have been something other than thunder.

Jamesbo that must be one of those things that people pay extra for on faith. Though I don't see a lot of difference between that and tongue and groove. Each side has to be run through a machine, what difference does it make what it looks like, especially since you don't see it.

Hi London. How goes it with the Barbarian? Here's something you'd know. I recently learned that Big Ben isn't the whole clock tower. But I've heard conflicting stories of what it is. Is it the clock itself/mechanism, or the bell?

Darrell you must be like me when it comes to pictures. I just don't take them. I took my camera to Australia this year and never took it out of my bag.

Well I'll take the dogs out and then hit the road. Night 2 is upon us. Hey, the pressure is off, Monday is over. Have a good evening everyone.
Old April 16th, 2016, 04:20 PM

Well, this morning I get a call from my buddy's wife, while she is on her way to work, telling me that she bought him something...and try not to give him too much grief over it. So, I give him a call, and ask "what did you buy?" He of course plays ignorant, not really answering me, well he finally say's the wife bought me a Mustang...WTF...a Ford? Well she had a '94 Z/28 that she really hasn't driven in a couple of years, and they were looking to trade it in on a '15 Camaro, looking at RS's (V6) and he drove one, liked it, but did not commit. So, he was looking on craigslist this week, and spotted a '05 Mustang GT for about 15k, located about 35 miles from here, he called and the lady who owned it said that "he wouldn't be disappointed", they went and looked at it, and she had already lowered the price to $13,800, he said that he wasn't even going to dicker on the price, and bought it. I went over to see it, as he bought it last night, and it ain't legal yet. It is silver with a black leather interior and a 5spd manual trans., and it is absolutely clean, with only 15 thousand miles on it, never driven in the rain, and I believe it, as it is spotless underneath, with all factory markings and stickers still in place on the undercarriage. I may forgive him for buying a Ferd, because it's that nice, but his Camaro owning (3) son and daughter in-law may not. besides his daily driver, he may need a bigger garage, as he also has two 442's. and she has her DD, and the un-traded Z/28. Well, gotta go, time to finally watch the new Star Wars flick.
Old April 16th, 2016, 06:35 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Okay, a little late but here's the pictures of the bathroom. Pretty much done at this point.

First photo is after I finished the tiling, if you look closely, one of the black tiles is off line. I since fixed it, believe it or not, they come in 12x12 sheets and some were in the wrong place from the factory.

Here's the view when you walk in the door. Whirlpool front loaders, way better than the LG ones I had in here.

Added crown moulding, window moulding, wainscoting and chair rail. Bought everything as Jamesbo would say, at Casa Depot. Upper wall color is Benjamin Moore Manchester Tan.

Light fixture and mirror above the vanity:

Picture of the new Kohler throne. Matching toilet handle and paper holder

Added cabinets over washer/dryer for storage

Marble top vanity on a cherry cabinet, all oil rubbed bronze fixtures, Emtek glass door handle (reproduction of the old style ones)

Last edited by OLD SKL 69; April 16th, 2016 at 06:37 PM.
Old April 16th, 2016, 11:20 PM

Good Morning.

Wow. That looks everything else than a bathroom! And i mean it with good.Does look better than our dinner room

I had to look for the misplaced black dot since you mentioned it, couldnt get a rest otherwise, and found it.
Old April 17th, 2016, 02:34 AM

Mawn'in

Worm

Beautimus work and nice bath. I didn't look fer de dot cause IMHO dat's what bath mats are fer. That electic heat oughta keep your tooties toastie warm.

I vote fer shutters on de window too keep peeping Toms from watch'in while ya.......................do laundry

Anytime ya wanta come help me figger out WTH is wrong with my dripp'in faucet jes let me know.

Inline, You're perfect fer dis site. There are alot of folks ere dat stare at car pics fer years. BTW I ain't one of dem.

Don't tell on me but I'm a closet Rustang lover. I was drug up when de 1st came out. Once I actually drove a sho nuff real Shelby GT 350 and it was a Bear

WElp, Enjoy de rest of de weekend Olds friends
Old April 17th, 2016, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Inline, You're perfect fer dis site. There are alot of folks ere dat stare at car pics fer years. BTW I ain't one of dem.
Okay, i understand the words here, but i cant understand the meaning, flies high over my head

Good evening. Hard work day again. Cleaning of yard after cutting those 7 apple trees ( hope they see the next summer, first time cutting apple trees ) and rose bushes. Also repaired lawn-mover, added lock-up mechanism to one door on hmmm.... " house across the yard"... Whats the real word for this in english? Im speaking about separate building from house where is sauna, sauna room and workshop.

Also made bench to sit on yard, needs oiling anymore and a bit of sanding. The room you see here is currently out of use, its the sauna room. Its going to get repaired, but its not next on the list. Next on the never-ending list is garage for my Oldsmobile, happens this summer. Sorry for blurry picture.

Btw, same time as i imported this pic i also imported pic of my new love:

.. And thats what i drive for my living. And while we are changing worksites i drive this:

Asphalt-station also showing on the background and our old asphalt paver on flatbed. Our group mostly does peoples yards and walking sites. One old guy once told me that you are on the right Place when you feel the pride and disappointment of your doings, once you stop to care, you know you have stopped to evolve.

Last edited by Inline; April 17th, 2016 at 09:14 AM.
Old April 17th, 2016, 10:36 AM

Inline, What I was trying to say is. This site has some very observant people who can look at pics [mostly of cars] and see stuff I would never see. Since you chose to look for the tile dots in the wrong spot, your brain must be wired that way also. Mine is not
get it? got it? good.
Old April 17th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another pretty day here in the Greater Stockbridge Area. Saw a few people out on the lake, which is a rarity.

Darrell the bathroom looks great. Seeing that out of place tile all the time would have driven me crazy, too. Really, really nice. Wish I would have gone that upscale when I redid my bathroom. Really all I did was paint.

I've always liked Mustangs, too. Even the pale Mustang II in the 70s. Heck, Farrah Faucet drove one they can't be all bad. If I were to buy a vintage Mustang it would be a 66 fastback.

Okay time for night 3. Happy Monday to you all, it is close by.
Old April 18th, 2016, 03:26 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik worm.... mernin', all. We're spose to see some sun today for the first time in a while; hope it's so. Decent temps, so I can't complain too much (the way Clint has a right to). Quite the monster (snow) man, BTW.

Darrell, if I'da' paid somebody to do that stuff, I'da' been tickled pink. Sure looks professional. Congrats....

Dan, congats on the new Pony. My last one was a a new '89 5.0 LX that leaked on me and whose clutch chattered and grabbed, and although I did enjoy it, I sold it at 50k mi b/c I saw expenses in its future -- and was sick of the soiled driveways. But I could be tempted by the latest version. To me, looks just like the old DB-5. First, Fusion copied the Aston grill (highly successfully, IMHO). Now, 'Stang copied the body lines. What's next?

Inline, quite the cool monster vehicles! I like the outdoor bench, too... I could use one of those. We had one here when we bought the place, but it became an eyesore after a couple years. Need a "new" one.

Whelpt, I got some kind of bug yesterday and couldn't eat or leave the house. Hopefully, I'll do a bit better today. Y'all have a great week.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 18th, 2016 at 03:31 AM.
Old April 18th, 2016, 04:46 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, the Br looks great. I put in a new faucet yesterday and the new drainpipe(plastic) won't seal up, I have to stop by and see if I can get a brass one tonight.

Mike (and Darrell) no, I don't have a rack that will shame Miss Parton, but I'm not near as fit as I want to be (I'm the heaviest I've ever been). But I also know how hard it is to lose once you put it on.

Well our trees fared pretty well this weekend. Our next door neighbors did not. He has a lot of cutting, trimming and bundling work to do this week. We didn't go to the race in Pueblo this weekend. We got up at 2:30 a.m. and I looked at the CDOT traffic cameras on I25. There was a long section from Castle Rock to the SPrings where there was no pavement showing. I wasn't really too excited to haul the truck and trailer over the pass in that. Good thing too as it was soo muddy only a few participants made it to the finish. Most didn't make it a full lap.

Instead I did some shopping for some new sneaks. Then we went up and plowed out the store. They got pretty close to 3 feet of snow up there. That little Toyota worked its little 4 cylinder hiney off. That was a wet and heavy snow. Probably equal to 2 inches or more of rain.

Have a Monday all.
Old April 18th, 2016, 06:04 AM

Mawn'in all

Cool but warming up considerably

No smacky whitey today. Woke up with this terrible pain in de ball of my foot. Can't figger out WTH I did.? Guess I'll hobble over to de doc in a box. Gett'in old ain't fer sissies

Koda, Don't tell your friend Joe P but I saw a Range Rover with what looks very much like a W36 fender stripe.

John, Hope ya get to feel'in better. I'd recommend home made chicken and rice soup

Inline, Ever get any splinters from dat bench.

Mike, De 66 Fast back is my favorite also. I got a high school bud whose still got his bought new in 66. Kinda a dark green with black interior and the typical hard as a brick rear seat

Clint, so instead of plowing snow and den going to pump iron. Why not jes shovel de snow and save on gas

BTW Clint, I woke up on de couch de utter nite and yours and Sandy's favorite show was blaring. Before I find de remote and change channels in 15 seconds TWD had blasted de back outa 20 heads

Well, Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 18th, 2016, 08:51 AM

Good evening, off from work. Too short day, almost not worth going lol.
Nice to hear its warming on for you guys too so you can take your cars out.

Jamesbo - Okay, now i got it. And no, i havent sit there yet so dont know about splinters?

CQR- What race was held in Pueblo?
Old April 18th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Just a stellar day here again. And it's supposed to keep it up all week. I should be able to get loads done this week. Should.

Jamesbo how did your foot get? What is Doc in a box? Boxed wine? Tylenol? I guess that's technically in a box.

Clint I read once that 1 inch of rain was equivalent to 10 inches of snow. The point of the article was that Hawaii had gotten 10 inches of rain and they said it would have been 100 inches of snow. I thought how dumb. It ain't gonna snow in Hawaii why make that comparison? It must have been during the winter.

Okay out with the dogs. John hope you're feeling better. It's Friday!
Old April 18th, 2016, 03:43 PM

Dang, I need to get back to work so's I kin rest up a bit. Finished up my yard work for now, and it's time to fire up the grill, and crack open a beer, then relax. John, that was my buddy with the 'stang, that his wife bought him.
Old April 18th, 2016, 08:17 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. 81 and sunny here today, warmest day of the year so far.

Thanks for all the complements on the bathroom, I put a lot of work into it. My wife now thinks that every room should look that nice! Can you see that I have more projects coming my way?

Well, I'm heading off to bed, have a good night all!
Old April 19th, 2016, 05:12 AM

Mawn'in all

Beautimus day to waste at de Doctors

Darrell, It's part of the joys of home ownership

Mike, I didn't go to a Doc in a box [Retail heath care place in shopping centers] I decide to go to my "provider" who told me de don't take walk-ins. So, I made an appointment to go back today.

I'm not real sure WTH de would do if I walked in with a gun shot wound. I guess de say, "Have a seat and take a number"

John, Y'all gett'in hammered like Houston [pronounce Houseton in Hotlanta]

Enjoy de day Olds friends. I tell ya more about my foot when I limp home

Apparently, ya can take it with you
Old April 19th, 2016, 09:16 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, could you imagine the chaos if it snowed 10 inches in Hawaii? It's bad enough when it snows 4 inches in your area.

Inline. My family race Offroad on ATV's once a month. They are 1.5 hours long races I mostly just ride and pretend I'm a moving obstacle for the other riders

Have a day all.
Old April 19th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful today. The lead cut me loose at an unprecedented 0130, and the overachiever that I am thought, great, but I'll just finish up this loose end here. Well, at 0400 I was walking out the door. Sheesh. So I get home and get to bed, and about 1130 someone rings the doorbell. By the time I get to the door said person is long gone. I suspect the person didn't actually exist, and it was God's way of telling me to get my *** out of bed.

So, this afternoon will consist of going to Lowes and getting toilet repair parts, and a lawn mower. And a tool box if they aren't dreadfully expensive(like I think they will be). Meeting the young lady for dinner at Longhorn. That's funny. She's actually older than me by several month.

Jamesbo once I needed to see the doctor and went to my provider at 1130 in the morning. They told me they didn't see walk ins until 5:00 that particular day. I said, it's a good thing I'm not bleeding to death.

Okay gonna get to it. Have a good Tuesday everyone.
Old April 19th, 2016, 10:49 AM

Mike, Probably was probably jes an impatient Jahovah Witness
Old April 19th, 2016, 12:39 PM

Jamesbo, that range rover bit is funny.

Slant, you know what you get when you combine a Jehovah's witness with a unitarian? Someone who comes to your door for no apparent reason.

Hitting a pause for a couple weeks at the house. Going to Florida to see my parents and do other stuff. Fish, turkey hunt, hang out, clean out some old stuff, etc.

I did saw off some pine limbs that have been annoying me while I push my mower under them. Once I get moved in, this acre and I will have to come to an understanding; it's overgrown in some areas. I will need a burn pit.
Old April 19th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Always room for one more

Okay I've got a bit of a dilemma here.

I've been planning on buying this car in Vermont. Odd European car that there aren't many of. The current plan is to fly to Vermont, buy a ratty truck, get a Uhaul trailer, tow the car home. No the car doesn't run. Found a truck that will do the job, looked up Uhauls and the trailer was going to be 126.

Fast forward to today, and Uhaul wants over 500 for the trailer. Called the 800 number and the little girl said she'd do a 15% discount, which is pretty good, but even at 444 that's a little excessive, and the fees they tack on will push it over 500. No.

So, I figured I'd get better ideas here than any place else. What say ye? Not going to ship an odd car that doesn't run. I could drive up there in my own truck and trailer for about the cost of the trailer, and then I'd save the 2K I'd spend on the other truck. I'm trying to get away from driving both ways, it's 17 hours each.

This is a little hair-brained even for me. But, the car I want is in Vermont so that's where I must go.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Old April 19th, 2016, 08:15 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Another nice one here today in the high 60's. Got the lawn fertilized, got plenty more yard work to do.

Today was primary day in NY. Went out and voted.

Trump and Clinton won, looks like Cruz dissing New Yorkers in his comments wasn't forgotten and the Bern went down in flames, at least in this state. That's about all I can say on politics unless I want to get into trouble.

Jamesbo - that's a great picture of the hearse with the uhaul

Mike - you must have a decent size garage for all the cars! Is this a euro car to use for parts for the VW? What exactly is it?

Clint - did you get that much snow or were you spared?
Old April 19th, 2016, 08:53 PM
GM Enthusiast

So, getting back to Olds stuff, here's the pictures of the parts and installation of all the suspension stuff I promised to post:

When I bought the car 6 years ago, it had air shocks in the rear and worn out rear springs. Never changed them out, just drove it. Going around turns at a decent speed was always a "white knuckle" experience with how sloppy it was, LOL.

Saved my money and bought new Moog springs and Delco gas shocks, sourced from Rock Auto. Sway bars and rear lower control arms came from UMI, all made in their plant in Pennsylvania.

Since I was under there, I took the time to sand down and paint the rear axle Eastwood black, the shocks shock absorber gray, and the sway bars steel gray. Still need to paint the frame rails and driveshaft. Floors still have most of the original finish on them, paint runs and all.

There was no factory rear bar, this one is 1". You can see the reflection of the rear cover off of the gas tank, the tank was covered in undercoating and was in amazing condition when I scraped it all off. Still has all the original blue dye markings on it. I protected it with 4 coats of Eastwood clear coat paint.

The front sway bar is much bigger than the original 1.25 vs 7/8".

The difference was night and day. I took this car out for a ride and could not believe it was the same car. Between the sway bars, lower control arms, grand Cherokee steering box, and the new springs/shocks in the back, it really drives like a new car. Turning is so controlled now, no front end dive around corners.

Next up, I'm going to replace my front calipers (one is sticky) and new power stop pads. Then my 12 year old tires, there's no cracks in them but I don't want to take chances. Oh well, never done right?

Catch up with y'all tomorrow.

Last edited by OLD SKL 69; April 19th, 2016 at 08:57 PM.