The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2016, 05:17 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Quick check in...

Wowser that hippee chicks is an eyeful

Got some pics from the Byron Pop Festival a year after Woodstock. I'll have to share them sometime.

Dan we had an EF-1 bearing down on us last Friday. It went North thankfully, but then it headed directly for my wife's place of employment Thankfully her building is fortified

Jamesbo I'll keep my eyes and years open for the front end loader.

Finally got our garden planted and hassenpfeffer proof Jamesbo what kind of taters did ya sow?

Hope to have a chance to check in tomorree, until then Oldsmofriends
Old April 8th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Captain Starfire

Arrived back at Plantation safe & sound... Hotlanta wasn't too bad; but traffic stopped twice along the way in other places due to some real lame-O construction lane-closures. But we're in one piece, thank the Good Lord & (Mr.) St. Christopher. I know y'all miss my tomes, so I'll try & do better next time & get caught up on the Board. Right now, I'm getting caught up around the casa, as the place looks like a torrent blew thru ....
Old April 9th, 2016, 05:11 AM

Mawn'in

Nice ere in de mountains

I wonder how many times John and I have ridden past each other going and coming to and home from de mountains

Scot, If memory serves me, it rained during that concert cats and dogs. Had a marketing professor at Emory who taught he was gonnna make a killing, Bought a semi full of watermellons and lost his shirt. If ya can'y do-teach

Koda, Ya know Joe P personally?

Enjoy de weekend Olds friends
Old April 9th, 2016, 06:41 AM

Good evening. Off from work. Got my back better yesterday By sitting few hours on sauna. Does wonders to muscles just to sit on 60-80 celsius.

1,5 hours for Cruise start. Got to take camera with me and show few highlights.

GAOldsman - What kind of garden? For wife? ( I hope so )

Bee-Oh-Pee - Nice to hear your little trip went all good without accidents. I assume Hotlanta is Atlanta, and if so, where that name comes? Is it located on valley which stays hot?

Koda- Welcome!
Old April 9th, 2016, 09:10 AM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hotlanta
Old April 9th, 2016, 09:38 AM

Scot, I had seen where a Tornado had touched down in Edison, GA. on 4/7, didn't know how close to any of you that it was. It has been crappy here for the last week, with light snow and sleet hitting the area. It will be crappy tomorrow A.M. when I go to work...but, spring may finally show up at the end of the week, as we are supposed to get into the mid sixties to 70ish by the weekend.
Old April 9th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another sunny one today. The dogs were spun up over something so I got up with them several times. It's stayed cool the last few days, which is odd considering it was near 80 not long ago.

John glad you made it back safe and sound. Come back soon.

Scot did you make it to the swap meet this year? How was Beetlejuice?

So I was reading in the VW owners manual, and it says for people who live in cold climates they should take the batteries out of their cars to the local VW place and let them tend them over the winter.

Time for night 2. Going well so far. Have a good night everyone.
Old April 10th, 2016, 12:03 AM

Good Morning. Was good cruising, and surprisingly high amount of cars totally considering it was ******* cold for outdoor-activity. We left after 2 hours and Cruise due to that, and went to drive on city streets and eat some sandwiches.
Took few photos, but again due to weather didnt bother too much. Im not a purist or nothing but just somehow i think that this was wrong Place for ******* van with 1000000w worth of music equipment playing out techno-music....

Off i go, to help friend with his charging problems on Valiant. See ya and have a nice day.

Ps. Thanks for explanation about Hotlanta.
Old April 10th, 2016, 05:41 AM

Morning folks, a dusting of snow this am, should melt off this afternoon. Spring needs to arrive.
Old April 10th, 2016, 07:20 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Mernin Oldsmofriends

A mite chilly here but will fair up nicely today

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Scot, If memory serves me, it rained during that concert cats and dogs. Had a marketing professor at Emory who taught he was gonnna make a killing, Bought a semi full of watermellons and lost his shirt. If ya can'y do-teach
No it was hotter than the dickens. Record highs as a matter of fact. The "hippees" broke camp, tore fences down at my dear friend Mrs. Kitty's place (Vinson Valley) and helped themselves to her lake and nearby Echeconnee Creek. Had he bought a semi-full of just plain H2O he would've made a killing.

Originally Posted by Inline
GAOldsman - What kind of garden? For wife? ( I hope so )
Yeah Inline, it's for the wife and sister-in-law. They want to dabble in canning and freezing
Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Scot, I had seen where a Tornado had touched down in Edison, GA. on 4/7, didn't know how close to any of you that it was.
Yeah Dan it was too close for comfort

http://www.macon.com/news/local/comm...e70449772.html

Originally Posted by slantflat

Scot did you make it to the swap meet this year? How was Beetlejuice?
Unfortunately I didn't even get to attend. Not even a rental cart for good-ole Beetlejuice Either he walked or they rented elsewhere I sure needed to go spread some flyers for our RWYB event date of 10/29 but even those aren't ready yet I am at a loss of how to get these local yokels informed about our event I draw more of the Atlanta crowd than anything.

Here are a few pics and newspaper clippings from the Byron Pop Festival... AKA "Atlanta Pop Festival" July 3 - 5th 1970

Allman Bros

Jimi

Old April 10th, 2016, 11:50 AM

Scot, I musta go my concerts mixe3d up BUT if you can remember those days.................you weren't there

I got a bud that went to college with me who has made a few million bagels while werking in his day bakery in Miami. He came to de mountains and showed me how it's done.Not too bad fer my 1st dozen
Old April 10th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Smokey out. No burning on Sunday, yet several people around here burn on Sunday. Guess that rule doesn't apply to this neighborhood.

Jamesbo I love bagels! Not a fan of cream cheese, just lots of butter.

I like that first picture, Scot. Two 68 Tempest LeMans's across the street from one another. In the black and white picture they look identical. Wasn't Woodstock in 69? I was part of the populous but obviously wasn't in attendance.

Work was quite a challenge last night. First up was a recline cable on a 737 First Class seat. I believe whole heartedly that they hung the cable and built the seat around it. Absolutely no access to it, without completely disassembling the seat. I had to get creative with it and it still took me over 3 hours. Next was a window shade on an overwing exit on another 737. To replace it you have to open the door(it hinges at the top and flips up) and take the lining off. A guy drove up to help me as I was standing on the wing removing the liner, and he said that was the first time he'd ever seen someone work on the inside of the plane from the outside. I now have the dubious distinction of being the "go to" guy for 737 First Class recline cables and window exit shades.

Well time to hit it and quit it. Hope everyone has a good start to their week tomorrow.
Old April 10th, 2016, 06:54 PM

This is Lexi. She's an 8 week-old German Shepherd.

I bought Lexi as a surprise for my wife, but it turns out
she is allergic to dogs. So we are now looking to find her
a new home.

She is 73years old, a beautiful and caring woman, who drives,
is a great cook and keeps a very neat house.
Old April 10th, 2016, 07:03 PM

Hahah
Old April 10th, 2016, 07:57 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Busy weekend, not a lot of fun but I did get the bathroom pretty much done. I hooked up the vanity and set the toilet. Got the water supplies all hooked up and everything works. Also put in all the handles and accessories. I know I've been saying it but I will post some pics tomorrow.

Dan - that's one cut puppy. I'm sorry to here that you have to get rid of her due to your wife's allergies. I understand as we had to do that too.

Inline - hope you're making lots of $$$.

Jamesbo- looks like you've got the recipe down. There's a place down in Florida by where my parents are that makes New York style bagels, they import NY water for the authentic taste. If you ever want me too, I'd be happy to send you some.

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend.

Mike - sounds like a fun day at work. At least that should be good job security.
Old April 11th, 2016, 04:16 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Rained last night. We got the Chebby all prepped for the year. the wife and I hand glazed the whole thing and then we put a good coat of Mothers on it. I also did car windows and rainx. vacuumed out and cleaned the inside of the Yota. And that was after we finished the 60' elm I fell last weekend.

I'm ready for a couple days off now.

Have a Monday.
Old April 11th, 2016, 04:43 AM

Mawn'in all

cloudy but nice

Mike, would take the pup but not the wife.

GTG smacky whitey round.

Have a GREAT week Olds friends
Old April 11th, 2016, 07:48 AM

James, no I don't know Joe personally, but he and I seem to click professionally and personally. I respect his precise attention to the facts, and allergy to BS, and he seems to respect me, too. I'm glad, he and the Daves, and a few others really make this site go.

All, it is pouring down rain here; I'm slowly moving stuff to and finishing my house renovation, looking like 2 months out. Running out of non-valuable stuff to move from the apartment, it's just a bed, guns, tools, restored Olds parts, and electronics now.
Old April 11th, 2016, 10:00 AM

Good evening. First day at work- great! Gotta love it. Tho only 11,5 hours... Almost not worth going lol Just payed tax from my car to customs. Lets see if i get my licence plates at this week.

Yesterday we tried to fix that Valiant my friend have. He has charging problems, it charges way too much. Its 74 so transistorised current regulation.
When nothing else seemed to help, i re-wired the whole system again. +12v to alternator field and voltage regulator, from regulator back to alternator field, and regulator grounded straightly to battery negative. And of course from alternator straight to battery positive. Still if pushes over 16 volts. I sayed him his new regulator is broken, but he refuses to believe it. Anyone disagrees or has another theory than new- yet broken regulator causing it. Possible regulator ground problem is listed out By grounding it straight to battery negative.

Jamesbo- Sorry, i hate bagels, but sure looks good for first ones

slantflat- Ah, your work sounds interesting. So youre fixing aircrafts?

1969w3155- Take 50 years off and i might be interested

OLD SKL 69- Good you got your bathroom almost ready. Pics. Where?
Old April 11th, 2016, 10:14 AM

Btw, if anyones interested, heres two picture albums from Lahti Cruising, showing only American cars. These shows pretty good what was there on Saturday. The white 4-door Valiant burning tires on second folder is my friends what i was talking about on previous post. Pictures are not mine. Mine are still on memory card.

http://orp.kuvat.fi/kuvat/2016/Auto+...sing+9.4.2016/

http://tapahtumakuvia.kuvat.fi/kuvat...sing+9.4.2016/

Last edited by Inline; April 11th, 2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old April 11th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Warmed up today over 70, and now it's raining. Ah well, if it has to rain tonight to be nice on my days off that's okay.

Had to run an errand when I got up today. Decided I'd stop off at the Awful house for a bite. The place was clean, and the server was normal looking and attentive. I thought I was in an alternate universe. The chef "created" my double cheese burger and then made meatloaf for herself. I said I'd rather have that. She laughed. She said she was tired of regular old WH food.

Koda is this a house you lived in and decided to renovate, or a house you bought to fix up for yourself? Man I'd love to find some old mansion and restore it. None of those left around here and to buy one that's already done takes mucho dinero.

Jamesbo you're spot on. Dan that's a funny story and an adorable puppy.

Yes Inline I've got 22 years with Delta Air Lines. Worked in several different departments, and just transferred to cabin maintenance. A bit of a departure from changing engines and tires, but a welcome change.

Clint you want to come work on my fleet? You'll want to retire after all of it. Assuming the rain stops I plan on front brakes for the Cadillac and getting the VW going.

Okay gonna hit the road, Friday awaits. Had a way better night last night. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old April 11th, 2016, 09:12 PM

Was Harry Potter there? . Thanks for posting the pics, a nice variety. I like the Caddy the best.
Old April 11th, 2016, 09:17 PM

Mike, normally I would have posted that in the Humor De jour, but with the Sheppard pup, I put it here. If someone showed up at my door with him, it would be hard to resist.
Old April 12th, 2016, 05:34 AM

Mawn'in all

Elsie came during the nite. Hopefully she gone fer a while

Played pretty good on de front side 42 den Jordon Spieth took over my game on de back side

Inline, Tanks fer de pics. I had no idear American Iron was so popular over thar.

John, So sorry to hear about Will Smith. The Gee-arden district is getting like de hood in Hotlanta.

Koda, I don't know Joe either but I do know he's forgotten more than I'll ever know.

Mike, I didn't know ya could order off de menu at de Awful House. How in de wide wide world of sports do ya make meatlaof w/o an oven?

Clint, So de questions becomes do you take you shop to great stockbridge or does the fleet at great Stockbridge come to you.

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old April 12th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Rained all night, but now is sunny and bright. Hey that rhymes. Hope it dries out some so I can mow. The grass is getting taller than the dogs.

Thanks Dan. I'm a sucker for German Shepherd puppies. I wish I could have seen my two when they were baby puppies. In fact my other shepherd I got when he was 6 months so he wasn't a baby, either.

Jamesbo she took a couple hamburger patties and smooshed an egg in the middle, crumbled some crackers, smooshed it into a square and put it on the grille with the chicken lid over it. It looked absolutely delicious. One time I was there the cook made me chicken terry-aki. No clue how to spell that.

If the driveway is dried off I'm going to go work on the Cadillac. Front brakes, and while I'm in there it will get new bearings. Need to find a place that will turn rotors.

Okay have a good day everyone.
Old April 12th, 2016, 09:51 AM

Good evening for everyone. Nice day at work, first asphalts layed down today.
Tomorrow i might get my new machine. Cant wait. Another Christmas

There wasnt even that many cars due to early time of the year.

slantflat - Okay. Wow. Sounds really cool. Not too many aircraft mechanics ive even heard of.
Old April 12th, 2016, 11:26 AM

******* god.. Tai voi pyhä vittu sentään.

Seasons just started, i open the hood to adjust it a bit after visiting shop, and notice geysir of coolant coming under one of the headbolts.. #/(&¤#(/¤#!!
Old April 12th, 2016, 02:51 PM
CQR

This could be useful while I'm in the garage but I don't know how to pronounce those words.

Is the Pay better here or there?

Started going to the gym. I've been less grumpy all day. I think I even smiled once. Maybe. Gonna go back again and see if it was a fluke or not.

Have a day.
Old April 12th, 2016, 04:42 PM

Hello.

Slant, this place is a 78 ranch that was never updated. Bought it from a little old lady, original owner. It's on the north side of Evansville, one acre, convenient to the Toyota plant, in a 40 year old subdivision, with a 20 acre lake that I have outlot access to. Side load garage, and level back yard for my eventual car barn. I've been putting my overtime money into renovating it, and playing my own general contractor. Hella slow but it's finally coming together, 2 years later.

Today, went down in between work and spoke to counters guy, and floor guys, who were installing baseboard.

Ugh, Inline, coolant out the head. Maybe just the temp sender?
Old April 13th, 2016, 04:32 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Looks like it will be another stellar day. The dogs got up extra early this morning and then I was wide awake, so I'm getting a good start.

Koda that's going to look nice. You'll do well with all that sweat equity in there. You doing the whole house or just paint?

Clint you will look like Atlas in no time. Good for you I hope you keep at it. Once upon a time when I was thin I worked out at home and walked 4 miles every day. I tell you I never felt better. If there was a day I couldn't do it I was grumpy. Then I don't know what happened, apathy set in and I quit the whole deal. I really need to get back to it.

So I went to take the batteries out of the Deuce yesterday, and found that the blue Suburban was just a little too close and I couldn't get the battery door open. No problem, I'll just push the Suburban back a couple feet. Nope, parking brake is stuck. No wonder the black truck had such a problem pulling it forward before. So now what do I do, I don't know if the shoes are stuck to the drum or the cable is stuck and not releasing. The pedal doesn't release very far when I pull the handle. Of course it's parked in the mud so I guess I'll just have to get down and dirty and figure out something while underneath the car.

Well time for Awful house. Got a couple errands to run then it's brakes for the Cadillac. This evening I'm having dinner with my sister, which will be a good time. She's going to be in town for a couple days to work at her office. She lives in Jacksonville and usually telecommutes.

Okay have a good Hump Day everyone.
Old April 13th, 2016, 05:45 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice Blue bird day down ere

Koda, Nice werk. FWIW 2 features I think are well worth the money are heated floors in de bath, and auto lights coming on when ya open a closet door. It's part of the MAW when you're renovating Be sure de electrical box is flush mounted behind de Fridge. Dat way You won't have to open de door and kick de fridge trying to get it into the area. {please don't ask me how I know this]

Inline, What a way to start de season. Hope it's not what I think it is. BTW, I google translated your Finnish. You should have your mouth wash out with soapy water

Mike, Take your dup truck You do have a dump truck don't cha? and get some crusher run.

Gotta make hay [or in my case cut grass] while de sun shines

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old April 13th, 2016, 08:31 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik g'mernin, all....

Who's our moderator here?

Yeah, that Will Smith thing is a tragedy. Also, we lost our long-time Saints radio broadcast color analyst, Hokie Gajan, Sunday night. Really sad - the Big "C." 56 y.o.; born & bred in LA, Baton Rouge area, and an LSU graduate and standout, and a 5-yr Saints fullback. Worked as a scout for the Saints organization for 13 yrs. before jumping over to the broadcast tower when Archie Manning decided to step down to closer follow Peyton when he was drafted by the Colts. Blessings to both families, and may the two deceased Saints R.I.P.

Clint, hope your "fluke" is the real deal!

Rain all day -- catch y'all on the rebound.
Old April 13th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Always room for one more

Ah fun.

Got everything apart on the Cadillac and found that the rotors are smooth as glass and the pads have plenty of meat left. I'm wondering if the grinding I heard was actually the wear sensor starting to hit. I'm going to put the new pads on anyway but I'm not having the rotors turned.

So question, when it all goes back together, is there a torque for the nut that keeps it all together? It seemed pretty loose coming off.

I'm putting new bearings in, but forgot to get the grease seals. I'll get those later. I also saw when I got the calipers off that the flex lines are cracking. Another good thing to take care of.
Old April 13th, 2016, 11:22 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Well whoda thunk. When you release endorphins you actually can put a smile on your face that looks very similar to the grimace that pops up whenever you move those muscles that you just exercised.

Mike, If this is the old style tapered bearings snug that nut up while spinning the rotor and I back it off about one flat on the nut.

Koda, Thats looking good.

Well they are calling for multiple feet of snow this weekend up in the foothills. We have a race this weekend and won't be around. Hope they are wrong and its warm and sunny.

Have a day.,
Old April 13th, 2016, 11:32 AM

Good evening. At first, sorry for everyone about cursing. Its just so natural to our generation to use cursing words during normal talking that i didnt even think it that way that it might offend someone, so sorry about it. Ill promise to remember it in future when writing here

Nice 11 hours at work today. I got my new machine today, CAT AP3000. Its beautiful. I dont need my wife anymore to pleasure me. This year we have more work than last year, which wasnt quiet in any way, and we have 25% less mens to do the work. €:s flashing on my eyes.

Koda - Nice looking kitchen. You built it all yourself? No, not from temp sender, directly under head bolt.

Jamesbo - Sorry about it. Tho, that was really from the lamest, lamest end of cursing in Finland. Actually translating dont tell the reality, there it means the same as the f*****g g*d, it dont translate directly here as grammarbook will tell. No-one would say that phrase in finnish as it will translate from english. Same goes other way around, translating it from finnish to english dont tell what it really means, which is that f*****g g*d. But still, ill promise to watch my language.

Now ill go to sleep, see ya.

Last edited by Inline; April 13th, 2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old April 13th, 2016, 12:24 PM

Old April 13th, 2016, 01:36 PM

Hah, I figured out the translation too. Cool hand Luke is a great movie. I don't think anyone was offended; I'm certainly not. Creative profanity is an art form.

Not my work on the house, just my money. Engineer salary can buy me stuff, especially since I'm on my own. No woman, no cry, as Bob said, although I think he was telling a girl to not cry.

Slant that's interesting. I blew bearings out on my driver a year ago, replaced them, but now I'm starting to get some more noise. Hopefully it's tires. Next time I change oil I will jack it up and spin the fronts by hand to listen.
Old April 13th, 2016, 05:02 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Quick check in and a howdy all.

We are supposed to get a couple inches from Elsie in the next few days The rivers are just now getting back right

Oh my, Inline That is some colorful Finnish

Cool Hand Luke is a classic

New flyer for this years festivities
Old April 14th, 2016, 05:05 AM

Mawn'in all

Elsie drizzled a little over nite

Gentlemen FWIW Americans [contrary to what show biz portrays] DON'T ALL TALK LIKE RICHARD PRYOR

Can we Please get over this foul language discussion and move on. I really don't want to moderate the Good Morning Thread

GTG Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old April 14th, 2016, 05:15 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Had a nice dinner with my sister. We sat and talked for two and a half hours. Luckily the place wasn't very full so they didn't throw us out. My sister and I weren't close at all growing up so it's nice being able to talk as adults.

Cold this morning, not sure if the rain is coming back. It only sprinkled last night, and was done before 10.

Didn't get very far with the car yesterday. So it's sitting up on jackstands with the front tires and rotors off. I'll get the rest of the parts I need when I come home from the Awful house.

Clint how goes the gym rat? What made you decide to start working out?

Guess I'll get moving. Last day off. Have a good Thursday everyone.