The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2016, 05:48 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter beautimus day down ere

Clint, you've been missed John, Thanks for using the rubber hose on him to get him back where he belongs.

Well grass cutting time is officially ere

Mike, I guess it's jes de state I'm in. Between FB and de boob tube I'm so sick of politics I could pitch my cookies. De world just seems to get crazier and crazier

The utter day one of de candidate said, " We need a president dat the county can admire not be an embarrassment. "

WO going into alot of gory details. I guess getting a BJ in de oval office certainly qualifies and a proud moment in American History I mean really WTF do these people think de voters are? morons?

Time to STFU

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old March 16th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik mornin', folk.... Clint, it hurt me more than it hurt you.
Can't tell you how good it sounds to hear "Have a day."

Jamesbo, I can't watch the national news any more. I'm on the verge of pitching local news, but since I don't read the newspaper anymore either, I'm a-skeert the world might come to end and I'd be the last person to know.

So today T-Minus-Zero for Mike? Safe travels if it B, Mike.

Seems all that humidity (i.e., flooding) sent the battery charger in the backup generator TU. Battery I just put in in December was dead as a doornail. Trickle-charged it for 2 days and the battery seems to be back among the living; now I have to figger out a permanent solution to the Battery Tender I have on it at this hour. Replacing the factory one is not for the faint of heart; I have a call into my friendly neighborhood electrician; Lord only knows when he'll get back -- and how much it will cost.

Darrell, y'all still feelin' like dead-of-summer up there? It's been in the 80s down here every day (went for a nice little M/C ride to Covington this mawnin'); but the weather pundits say we're headed back to the 30s next week.

Y'all have a great Humpity, Oldsmomigos.
Old March 16th, 2016, 07:38 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Another nice one here today, 65 and sunny. My day with the person from corporate ended when my son's school called me at 11:30 and asked me when I was going to pick him up. I said I'll get him from aftercare after 5. Then I was reminded that today was parent teacher conference day and schools over now. Talk about blowing up my day. At least the guy wasn't pissed at me. Looks like we'll do this again tomorrow.

My wife thinks something's wrong with me because I keep looking at cars on the internet. I guess I won't be surprised if she takes my computer away from me before I can bring another one home.

John - not quite the dead of summer yet, lol Still warmer than its supposed to be and its been great. Of course, without being political, we're getting all the global warming people coming out of the woodwork saying that's what's going on. Of course, they say the same thing when its colder than normal too.

Clint- good to hear from you. Yes hoping to have some time this weekend to work on it and start putting parts in. The paint on Brit was shiny enough already, you're going to need sunglasses standing next to it outside.

Jamesbo - yes I hear you about the candidates and the way they treat us. That same individual can't seem to tell the truth about anything. Scary I'll tell you.
Old March 17th, 2016, 05:33 AM

Mawn'in all

Happy St Patrick's Day

Spose to be anutter nice one wit only a chance of showers

Got de grass cut yesterday

Well since my sister in law as visit'in an de Super model's family is all Irish, I cooked a BIG pot of corn beef and cabbage wit taters and carrots. Guess what? they don't like it. Next time, I gonna give dem fried balogna sandwiches.

John, w/o go'in into detail, This crap is metastasized into all areas of TV. I can't stand it much longer. I'm think'in of toss'in de set out in de yard and spend'in my time listening to Puccini

Old March 17th, 2016, 06:52 AM
CQR

2 in a row.

So what day is set aside for Bohemians?

"She loves the way Puccini lays down a tune."

Old March 17th, 2016, 09:00 AM

The Humor DeJour has some good Irish jokes this morn.
Old March 17th, 2016, 11:46 AM
MOTORHEAD

happy st pats

corned beef and cabbage
Old March 18th, 2016, 05:57 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice but cooler and feels like Elsie's on her way

Glad I got 1] the grass cut 2] my ears lowered [kinda like a double hitter]

Headed to de mountains

Have a GREAT weekend Olds friends
Old March 18th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik' mernin', all... Wow, Clint... glad I'm sittin' when i saw da' Two-fer. ;-)

Jamesbo, you shoulda' froze it and had me & Mike up there to polish it off fer ya'. You know how hard I am to please when it comes to food. Can't anybody make believe they like something when somebody bends over backward to please them? Ex-pecially if they're IRISH!!! I tell ya -- I don't get no respect.

OK... so I know now Mike's gone. Ain't seed him in a coupley days.

Darrell, I guess you just gotta' enjoy whatcha' got. Better than snow storms, eh? We had a minor little storm blow thru last night that dropped the temp by about 20 degrees in a couple hours. In fact, it blew a piece of dead tree down whilst I was driving and scored the top of the Avalon. What a nerve.

Lotta little ends to tie up today. Got a guy coming over from a big company in N.O. to sell us some replacement decorative shutters for the casa. I guess I should be sitting when I gets the price from him.

Y'all have a dry one, Oldsmobuddies.
Old March 18th, 2016, 09:54 PM

Our good friend Allan R. is back, will he re join us here?
Old March 19th, 2016, 12:49 PM

Kinda quie round ere
Old March 19th, 2016, 08:23 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Not much going on here, We're actually expecting snow tomorrow, about 1-3 inches which is shocking since its been so warm.

Drove the Olds today, funny thing, the last time I drove it, I was having trouble with the brakes pulling to the right. Now its fine. Not sure if the front left caliper was just stuck from non-use? Guess I will drive it more and see if it comes back. Didn't get any time today to work on the Olds suspension, will try to do that tomorrow.

One of my car customers stopped by, he was having problems with his 69 Camaro. Very hard to start and the accelerator pedal was sluggish. I took the carb apart and you guessed it, the accelerator pump rubber gasket was eaten away by the alcohol in todays crappy gas. First time I have seen that. Got me thinking about not only my cars but some of the others I take care of.

John - sorry to hear that your car got damaged. Hopefully it won't be expensive to fix.
Old March 20th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Captain Starfire

Mother Goose -- what's up with an afternoon worm? And what a lovely afternoon it is here in da' Swamp. Hope everybody is well. We watched the latest 007 (Spectre) on Blu-ray last night, after we had seen it when it was at the show. Thoroughly enjoyable. You just need to have a 2.5-hr. block of time to devote.

Darrell, no biggie -- thanks. It sounded much worse than the visible result. Just a little scuff on the roof, which nobody can see but me. I had put a Colgan bra on it two weeks ago and it came out real nice. Only issue is that I bought it to keep the bugs out of its teeth, and there's no screen over the lower grill. WTH? Why bother with a screen at the top? It all goes into the radiator. If the spirit moves me while the car has low miles, I might fabricate some little extra screen some kind of way.

Have a great resto' weekend.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 20th, 2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old March 20th, 2016, 12:21 PM

Facebook Post
Old March 20th, 2016, 05:59 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Starting to snow outside, the forecast has changed and they upped it to 5 to 8 inches overnight. Got my snow shovel ready. Schools are already putting out messages on closings and delays.

Didn't have much time to work on the Olds today although I did put about 200 miles on it this weekend. That's about half of what I put on it all of last year.
Old March 21st, 2016, 04:15 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Well had a nice weekend in Manitou Springs with the missus. Took a drive up to the top of Pikes peak saw lots of people looking green and a few dry heaving. Altitude never really affected me that way.

Darrell hope its a quick one and melts soon. We are spose to have snow on Weds. and Saturday by the looks of it.

John, Had some Cajun food yesterday. It was real good altho not authentic. The sauce wasn't red enough But I guess thats what you can expect this far from NOLA

Have a day.
Old March 21st, 2016, 05:24 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili dis mawn'in but spose to warm up

A friend of mine [who jes happens to be a dentist] told me a wierd story. He and his squeeze thought a coyote might have gotten his girl friend's cocker. Zo they went look'in fer it in de woods. Sure enough they found it alive but mauled. They scooped it up and took it to the vet and guess what the vets' 1st question was. ? Did you get any blood on you? Well duh, [they were covered] his main consern was dat they might have gotten rabies from the blood. I never heard of dat one

GTG smacky whitey around fer a while

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 21st, 2016, 10:21 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Early or late worm, depending on how you look at it.

Got about 4 inches of the white stuff here on the first day of spring. Most of it is gone already and going to be in the 50's tomorrow.

Heading off to bed, talk to you all soon.
Old March 21st, 2016, 11:30 PM

Good Morning for sure!

Went to write new employment contract and got nearly 500$ net. monthly salary raise. God i was shocked in a good way

Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
Evening everyone. Early or late worm, depending on how you look at it.

Got about 4 inches of the white stuff here on the first day of spring. Most of it is gone already and going to be in the 50's tomorrow.

Heading off to bed, talk to you all soon.
Lol, same here in Finland. Yesterday we got just about 4 inches snow which melted during the same day.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 07:58 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy Bithday, Clint!

Have a great one, hombre.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 08:17 AM

Happy Berfday Clint, last year [like every year, ]I got a little and a Arrow shirt. Both were too big
Old March 22nd, 2016, 08:56 AM

Happy B day Clint...looks like you'll be sending your snow this a-ways, I'm on the border of the snow line, might get a couple of inches, might get dumped on, though the heavy stuff appears to be headed north of me.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 08:58 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Happy Birthday Clint. Hope you whoop it up good.

Got back last night around 7. That's one long trip. Picked up the dogs this morning and now I have a couple days to unwind and get caught up before I go back to work.

Good turn out at the car show we were at. Over 700 cars, beautiful weather. Good to see my friends I hadn't seen in two years. Such a good time.

Yellow pollen is in full swing. And of course gas went up while I was gone. But to put things in perspective, "petrol" in Victoria was 1.07 -per litre- .

Okay gotta get something done. Hope everyone had a good week last week. Missed being here, missed my dogs, um that's about it. I could stay over there full time very easily I think. Have a good day everyone.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 11:28 AM

Got a new front clip at Lowes
Old March 23rd, 2016, 04:27 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Jamesbo that's about the most original thing I've seen. That and the toilet-turned-barbeque.

Welcome Inline. Not a bad gig getting a 500 dollar raise good for you.

John you headed up this way any time soon?

Gotta go see my attorney this morning. Remember awhile back I was gonna buy that parts business? Well I formed a corporation and was all set to take over the business when the guy flaked. But since I went through the trouble and expense to form the corporation I don't want it to just dissolve(even though I haven't done anything with it), so I'm going to change the name and leave it be. Who knows, at some point I might just need a corporation again and then I'll have that part done.

Okay what's everybody's thoughts on a flooded vehicle? Found this VW Bus in South Carolina, back in October it was in 2-3 feet of water, it's dried out now, lights work, no smells, but the starter just clicks. Motor turns, it's a 78 and still fuel injected. Ordinarily I wouldn't consider a flood vehicle, but this one is for the most part rust free. Do I chance that the body won't rust further and just address the electrical gremlins as they occur, or is this car toast no matter what? He wants a bit too much money for it, not sure if that's because he's seen what good Busses go for or he just took a stab in the dark.

Okay off to the Awful house and then to errands. Happy Hump Day all.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 06:09 AM

Mawn'in all

Cool but clear down ere

Inline, Welcome aboard I gladly pay ya Tuesday if you could spot me a burger today

Mike, You're [and my] old buddy John has got to be the number one authority on flooded cars.

Might dust off de drop top today before the yeller stuff reaches full strength Mike, It's not bad here yet

Well, Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old March 23rd, 2016, 06:37 AM

Thanks for welcomes.

They shipped years ago ( like 10 years ago? ) flooded vehicles from middle-europe, mainly from Germany, to here, Finland.

Needless to say, many problems occured, mainly electrical. It was known fact that they were selling flooded cars, yet people still bought them when they seemed to be cheap enough to be worth the risk. Dont know if many of those are even in traffic nowadays, since cars they bought were usually high-end Audis/ MB's etc which costs shitload normally. And they usually costs alot to repair, too.

Ill hope i can soon take my Olds from winter-storage. And work too might begin on next tuesday if everything goes well. Im a season worker you know, sit on home whole winter, and work then whole spring-autumn time. Today was my 3th month in a row on un-breaking vacation. May sound cool, but it gets boring after first month.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 08:14 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik g'mernin, folk.

Welcome, Inline! Set a spell. (Sorry if you're not familiar with The Beverly Hillbillies . If you are, then take your shoes off, as well.) It's great having folks from across the pond here to enjoy our cars and zany stories and quips.

Mike, welcome back. Glad you had a great trip. Personally, I'd let the VW go; but don't put no stock in what I say. I think I'd be whittling down the fleet in preparation for the eventual retirement to Down Under. Will be in touch.

Jamesbo, we'll have to add that Home Despot Nissan (or whatever it is) to the collection of woodies I emailed you.

Dan, y'all thawing out a bit up there? Still trying to plan my trip to N. MI this summer.

Darrell, hope y'all move into spring fer keeps now after that last "dusting." (Would have been a "blizzard" down here.")

Clint, sounds as if you were a bit under the weather on your b'day. Hope you turn the corner like a Z06 Vette would. Maybe need some REAL Cajun food with extra cayenne to loosen up the congestion.

Whelpt, it's lawn day again. Need to survey the realm a bit to be sure the mower doesn't sink in a hidden mud hole.

Y'all have a great Humpity, Oldsmopals.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 08:23 AM

Well, John it's still dry here, temps have been 40's-60's over the last couple of weeks, but this weather system seems to have the local weather folks mussed up, one day they say that we are going to get royally dumped on, the next, just a couple of inches. Looks like the latest is freezing rain, and up to 1.75" of regular rain. Supposed to start this afternoon, and run through tomorrow, so we will see.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 10:14 AM

Bee-Oh-Pee- Ive never heard about Beverly Hillbillies

Actually its evening here, but i just read great news!
Our Ace Cafe Lahti ( worlds only "real" Ace Cafe after the famous London Ace Cafe, By the way) will again organise and outdoor movie-event, just like in good old days in US. Theres even waitressess servicing to cars. And FM- radio band reserved so sounds will be heard from your own car radio. Cant wait it! Thats like coolest thing ive been waiting for memory.
Its even priced fairly- whole car costs only as much as 2 person would cost to normal movie theather 2D show. Ah, cant really wait it- never been before. Its on augusts last weekend, not a long wait

And as big plus- last year it was restricted to American made cars only- i assume theres some GREAT photos awaiting to be taken when everyone are on their parking spots before movies start. There where i live is strong American car culture, and been for ages. And really great looking cars, which people drive alot on summer around town.

Last edited by Inline; March 23rd, 2016 at 10:16 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 10:57 AM

Old March 23rd, 2016, 12:07 PM
Captain Starfire

Now I don care who you are -- that's some funny stuff.... Better Half has first two seasons on DVD. We watch 'em whenever Highway Patrol, X Files, and Seinfeld disks are overheating.

Clint, I just heard the Denver airport was snow'd in.... Man-O-Man.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 08:09 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Sunny and 70 here today, slight change from Monday when it was 35.

Wife brought home a rabbit today that was abandoned by one of the students in her school. His name is Chewbacca, and he's pretty friendly. Actually hanging out here next to me right now relaxing. Kids are all excited, hope it doesn't cause my daughters asthma to act up. We'll see.

Clint - happy belated birthday. Hope you didn't spend it shoveling snow.

Mike - I would avoid flood vehicles unless you're planning on rewiring the whole deal. Too many potential issues for me.

Jamesbo - yep, that's one way to do bodywork, lol.

Inline - welcome, that's a lot of time off to have. Do you normally get that much time off.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 10:16 PM

Had to scrape a bit of ice off of the car windows before leaving work, but the roads weren't bad, much worse a bit further north, where they have closed schools, and are advising people not to drive. My sister, 75 miles north of me is hoping that they don't lose their power, as they have had wet snow and freezing rain.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 11:24 PM

Good Morning for everyone.

Gah, white s**t coming from the skies.. One good thing actually was when we moved a bit norther, theres more snow & stays longers on the ground versus where we last lived, its actually nice when ground is white in winter, grey winters are awful.

Jamesbo & Bee-Oh-Pee - Lol that Beverly Hillbillies is hilarious, have to look some more from YouTube for enterntainment today.
I remember watching Bonanza when we were kids with my friend, it was our favourite. Knight Rider didnt stand a chance

OLDS SKL 69 - My longest vacation has been 4,5 months, last season was my shortest vacation so far, and if our work starts next tuesday, this vacation is exactly as long/short, depends how you take it ( week over 3 months). Government gives us monthly support which is calculated from your earnings/ work time as days from running year, so its not financially a problem to stay home, i can pay all my loans and bills with it and have even some extra after all payments.

Well, now i go drink some coffee and watch Hillbillies

Last edited by Inline; March 23rd, 2016 at 11:28 PM.
Old March 24th, 2016, 05:08 AM

Mawn'in all

Beautimus day down ere

Mike, I stand corrected. I pulled de drop top out fer a dust off and de yeller stuff turned it green in a nanosecond.

Inline, Glad ya enjoyed Jed et al. I'm still try'in to figger out your werk schedule. Are you say'in ya only werk 3 months a year?

John, I guess [along with you] I'm getting old. I like de ole TV much better dan this newer stuff. Forensic research and displays of various missing body parts aren't very entertaining IMHO

Darrell, Hope spring cometh soon.

Clint, Get you a$$ back on CO and get off FB

Ok gotta go mow some onions in de grass

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 24th, 2016, 05:21 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I mowed for the first time yesterday afternoon and I looked like a giant cloud of yellow dust. The cars are covered about an inch thick. Okay that's an exaggeration.

Looks like Bob could live in that thing. There's guys at work that are close to that.

John I can't retire Down Under because I'm already too old. You can't immigrate to Australia after age 45. I actually looked into moving there once, when things looked bleak for the company and I thought I'd be in the soup line.

Inline enjoy the Hillbillies. Wait till you get to the one where Granny is boxing the kangaroo.

I'm going to go look at that Bus in SC this afternoon. I talked with my neighbor, who is all things cars, and he thinks it should be okay, if'n it's all dried out. It's only a couple hours so what could it hurt.

Clint hope the snow doesn't have you grounded. You ever have so much snow you could go outside from your upstairs windows?

Okay time for the Awful house. Looks like another nice day. I figured out why we didn't have very much pollen last year. It rained steady for two weeks and we didn't notice it. Hm, the choices aren't great. Choke to death every day for a month or wish for rain.

Have a good day everyone.
Old March 24th, 2016, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Inline, Glad ya enjoyed Jed et al. I'm still try'in to figger out your werk schedule. Are you say'in ya only werk 3 months a year?
Ah, no. Im on vacation 3 to lets say max. 5 months a year in a row,
without being single hour on work during that time.

And work then 7 to 9 months a year. Wifeys father works usually only 5 months a year But he lives way northern than me.

To make it clearer to understand, im asphalt worker, driving asphalt paver and then transporting our machines with truck when changing workplace. When the snow comes or ground frosts we stop, and continue whenever it happens that snow and ground melts.
So our season usually stops on december, atlast before christmas, and winters currently being what they are here in Finland, we start again anywhere between march and may.

Last edited by Inline; March 24th, 2016 at 05:40 AM.
Old March 24th, 2016, 05:37 AM

Old March 25th, 2016, 06:38 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike. No. Never had that much here. When I was a kid we stayed in a condo in Steamboat and we got to sled off the upstairs deck. Hope you had a good time down under.

This storm wasn't that bad. Just seems there are more kitty cats moving to Denver. yea it was wet and heavy but it was clearly passable. It's Colorado for goodness sake. It does this every few years.

Woke up at midnight on my Bday(tuesday) with a 102F temp. Finally have it down to 101 today. So I'll see if I can go seek some help today.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

Welcome Inline.

Have a day all.