The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2016, 07:11 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening all. Happy Saturday.

Spend the better part of today getting my Cutlass ready for the Long Island Olds show tomorrow. I got new Radial T/A's mounted and balanced this afternoon. Took me over a week just to get the back ones shipped to the tire store. Cleaned up the rims and put my new trim rings on too. Also gave it a good clay bar and wax. She looks nice and purdy. I'll take pictures of the show and post them tomorrow.

Jamesbo- that's a nice collection. I've got some old ones too but not that old. I wouldn't mind getting a circa Civil War rifle. Where did you find them or where would you recommend looking?

Mike - Well I'm sure you'll find another girlfriend soon. Obviously she only thought of herself.

Inline - nice pictures!

Night all.
Old May 15th, 2016, 12:11 AM

Good Morning everyone. Still rains.. And i would have a ton of things to do outside.
On the short list; fix the lawnmover ( again.. im not buying new one, that money could aswell be used to my Cutlass ), nail the ...valences? to one of my houses walls which i took off to do that veranda roof, change inner doorfelts to Cutlass, dig up a small field to my wife so she can grow onions, carrots etc, clean the yard, saw planks etc etc etc.
Im not out of jobs to do..

Well, until it clears outside, i think i keep surfing on internet listening old music and looking old pictures.

Btw, anyone watching IIHF 2016 WC tournament? We busted your *** Today its Finland- Slovakia at evening. Something to wait for!

Have a good day everyone.
Old May 15th, 2016, 04:46 AM

Mawn'in all

Got to hit de garden again

Now here's a subject near and dear to my heart Civil War muskets/rifles.

They're around, check for a civil war show in your area. They're a zillion different one used. I wanted say during 1st Manassas There were over a hundred different kinds of small projectiles dug up. British, German etc.

I specialized in Springfield armory but there are others. Harper's Ferry until 1861. Palmetto until de war began. etc

Pick up a copy of Fladerman's guide to antique fireamrs and study up before you buy anything and they're kinda like Oldsmobiles, The more original de more better

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 15th, 2016, 09:22 AM

My take on our local " photorally challenge" where the subject was " green".
Alot of green, right?

Old May 15th, 2016, 03:24 PM

Not much going on here, waiting for a contractor to call. Something that ya don't see too often, I got a Buffalo head nickel in my change, well worn and the date is gone, but I like 'em because when I was growing up these and Indian head pennies were still about, along with Mercury dimes, and Franklin halves.
Old May 15th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another beautiful day here. Slept good, too.

Dan I don't think I've ever seen an Indian head penny. Once in a while I still get a wheat penny in change. I've got a couple buffalo nickels, like yours they are well worn.

Not much else news. Not a bad night at work, but the lead was rather irritating. For whatever reason he had to have this one lav door mod done on a plane. Said plane was on jacks and he kept telling me to just go up there anyway. The crew working on the plane said no. So the lead called and then went down there and then told me it was okay. I went to the plane and the crew said no way. I was a little perturbed. I had decided that mod wasn't going to get done no matter what. Turns out the plane was still on jacks when I went home and I didn't have to worry about it.

Time for night number 2. I should have a different lead, hope things are smoother tonight. Still glad I made the switch. Hope everyone starts their week on a high note. Good night everyone.
Old May 15th, 2016, 04:31 PM

Howdy all.

Been in L.A for a few days now. We went to my boys graduation at USC which went fine.
Ended up yesterday in a car show in Long Island which was for a police K9 benefit. Few nice cars but only only saw one Olds, a W30.

Had lunch in Malibu this afternoon, saw Julia Roberts having lunch with her family so we didn't disturb her, also saw Jonny Knoxville getting a take out. Strange who you see around.

Off to Universal studios tomorrow so that should be fun.

Have a good week all.
Old May 16th, 2016, 03:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Tis Monday

Speaking of London and Civil war Muskets Ever heard of a Whitworth sniper rifle.

https://longrollandlostcause.wordpre...itworth-rifle/

Welp GTG

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old May 16th, 2016, 06:25 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, have a good wackey whitey day. I have lots of old lead throwers, but most are in very poor shape.

Mike, I've heard it's cheaper to rent them for an evening than to marry them.

London, Enjoy the crazies.

Have a day all
Old May 16th, 2016, 12:14 PM

Mike, I'm with Clint If it flies floats or fornicates, it's cheaper to rent than buy
Old May 16th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Good night at work. Worked on this charter that had come from Boston. Had Legal Sea Food on board. Shrimp, salmon, chicken, Clam Chowder, steak, good stuff. Had a guy working with me all night and he did most of the work. Can't beat that.

Thanks for the sage advice. Not sure this girl was marriage material. One would think that her love of travel would have overlooked the bad days off, since she could fly for free. She could go anywhere. Ah well, didn't look far enough down the road.

Clint do you see the Hemmings Daily blogs? Today I saw an article about a place in Florida that has Ford Model AA trucks. They looked nice. You do anything with yours lately?

Jamesbo are you a Civil War buff or just the guns? Have you been to Nash Farm down here in Hampton? I've heard the battle of Nash Farm was actually fought at a farm down the road but the Nashes were better at telling stories.

London I hope you're enjoying these fair shores. Congratulations to your son. LA truly is a unique place. My best friend used to live out there. Of all the time I've spent there I never saw a celebrity, nor was I in an earthquake. Hm.

Tonight is Friday. It seems like I haven't been off work for a really long time. Even though I was off 5 days last week, I wasn't home doing chores so I haven't gotten anything done. Chance of rain every day this week, so we'll see if I get anything done this week.

Okay have a good night everyone.
Old May 17th, 2016, 04:28 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike have a good weekend. No. I don't get that. do you have a link? We use our AA daily. Recently its making sure the chicks are out of reach of the dogs. She has a water trough on it that shes using to grow her chicks. She just got in some new breed that lays a deep blue egg and they use the birds for their feathers for fly tying.

Have a day all.
Old May 17th, 2016, 06:07 AM

Mawn'in all

Well Elsie came and hopefully went full blast last nite and early dis mawn'in

Can't mow today

Mike, I just like to read about it and collect stuff. I not one of dem dudes what puts on a wool uniform in August and camps out to show how "authentic" [and miserable] I can make myself. There are alot of people who have forgotten more than I will ever know.

London, Julia Roberts is from Smyrna and berb of Hotlanta.

Inline, Looks more yeller dan green to me

Old May 17th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Home and in bed by 430, not bad. But then the lead started sending me texts so I turned the phone off. Hoped the rain would hold off until this afternoon, no such luck.

Here is the link Clint, hope it works, it's a pretty good article.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...ds/?refer=news

Jamesbo are the people doing the reenactments allowed to talk on their cell phones? That would give the real Civil War people something to ponder.

Haven't heard from John in a few days. He's probably elbows deep in the Starfire's front end work. You know who else we haven't heard from in ages, Paul. Or that guy in Canada who worked in the oil fields? I forgot his name. Had a son who was ill and they went to the Mayo clinic.

Okay gotta go make something of this day. Happy Tuesday everyone.
Old May 17th, 2016, 07:59 AM

Hello.

Still wet here. Need to mow. Lawn service I use for the properties we have up in Terre Haute bailed on me on one property and there is 3 foot grass now. Hopefully got it sorted now.

Got last kitchen cabinet done. Waiting on tile backsplash, dudes bailed this week due to scheduling. Working on one transition on one side to figure out where I want the tile to end and how.

Trying to bring in a new end effector at work here (that's a below the hook lifting device to the rest of the world) to pick up and balance transaxles. Have a nice clamp to hold it in, but the actuating distance for the handle is too big. The workers like all other aspects of it, so I am almost there. The safety person is a tool, she doesn't understand that yes, her safety rules have to be followed, but my one rule has to as well, and that is that it has to work.
Old May 17th, 2016, 09:58 AM

Mike, Ya need this one
http://bringatrailer.com/listing/194...e-woody-wagon/
Old May 17th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Captain Starfire

Hey, y'all... Elsie has plopped her fat **** upon Louisiana and refuses to take the hint. Boat trip canceled due to the weather; hopefully just postponed for a few weeks.

Jamesbo, you're a modest man, my friend. I know you ain't no PhD in history, but you're in the top percentile of (especially GA) war stuff -- Civil and others. I'm above average, but this day & age, that don't say much atol....

Mike, I wish I was elbow-deep in Starfire grease, but I'm trying to take it a tad light with the hole in my head. It actually still hurts. I'll have the stitches 'til next week, then still have to take it easy for another few days so's it don't pop back open. This was the deepest hole they ever dug in me; it had to come pretty close to the ol' skull, being in the place it was. (At least that's how it feels.)

Yesterday I and better half went to my good friend's Mom's funeral in Metairie; that pretty much took up half the day. I've been knowing this guy since high school, and I used to take trips with him & his Mom when I was 15 & 16 y.o.; and we've always stayed in touch; so there was a special place in my heart for her. Great lady. Tomorrow is a good friend of mine's Dad's funeral in Reserve, LA; so that will be at least another half day.

There was another funeral last night for another friend's Dad, but I had to pass on it. I saw the lady (whose Dad passed away) at church Sunday and expressed my condolences to her; so that will have to do.

Jamesbo, don't encourage Mike. It's like showing a slice of Mile High Pie to a diabetic. Shame on you...

Y'all have a dry one, Olds chums.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 17th, 2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old May 17th, 2016, 12:21 PM

John, Bet you're sorry ya never owned a 69. That *$(^*)(& 69 hood tooth would do wonders putting extra holes in your head.
Old May 17th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Captain Starfire

Sounds like it mighta' bit you once or twice!

Now here's one for the clueless do-gooders fans.

OK, and not to be morbid, but we got slowed down on the way to the funeral yesterday by this. Man-O-Man.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 17th, 2016 at 02:11 PM.
Old May 17th, 2016, 08:46 PM

RE: the baby Bison...why are people so g%#@&* stupid? They survive in nature quite well without our assistance, I mean there used to be a million of them on the Great Plains before we came along. Jamesbo, the woody is sweet, normally on a car of that vintage, I prefer stock, but it would be hard to ignore that one.
Old May 18th, 2016, 03:54 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Nothing to say about the little calf. Just amazed they could get close enough to pick it up. We bought a couple of bulls one year for slaughter. While we were keeping them so they could finish, it was more than interesting trying to move them, feed them, water them. They were downright rude to be around.

Kid just got home from work,

Looking at buying another scooter and having it shipped from the U.P. of Michigan. Boy shipping has gone up since the last time I tried.

Have a Humpday all.
Old May 18th, 2016, 05:26 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to be a nice day

Speak'in of calves. Years ago I had a calf slide out under a fence. A do gooder lady picked it up and put it in the back seat of her Mercedes and went to de corner store [long gone] and bought sum dry milk fer calves. About a week later she stopped by and told me the story and said she wasn't trying to steal my calf. I figured she now had several hundred dollars in milk in the fella so I said, Why don't you keep him. I kinda wouldn't know how to treat a calf dat had ridden in a Mercedes.

When I was in college dis girl I knew helped out in the summer in a hospital in Franklin N.C. she told me of a lady dat came in the emergency room after trying to push a black bear into the passenger seat so she could take a pic of it with her husband. One would think Darwin would take care of some of these people sooner rather than later

John, We 69 owners figgered out how to split a pool noodle and use it as a head protector on de tooth.

Mike, I watched the making of Gettysburg. They were talking about anytime they needed something "authentic" they would jes ask the re in actors for it and they always had it.

My numbers are wrong but they also were talking about how thunderous the 20 canons that they shot off before they started up the hill on Pickett's charge. Course in real life Lee shot off like 150 now that's thunderous

I've been to most of the major battle fields but Gettysburg ranks highest in must see. They have guides you can hire to drive around in the car with ya they know everything

Welp enough on the war of northern aggression

Have a Great day Olds friends [even y'all dat don't eat grits]
Old May 18th, 2016, 06:28 AM
GM Enthusiast

Morning everyone. Been busy the last few nights so no posts, sorry. Had a good weekend since it included a car show, lol. I entered the Cutlass into the local Olds show and took 1st place in our class. Was nice to see that all the recent work I did paid off. Wish the weather was better though, was supposed to be sunny and 63, ended up being 55, windy, overcast and periods of rain. Zachary and I still had fun, even if we were cold half the day. Here's a pic of him holding the trophy, and he doesn't want to give it up.

London - the next time you're on Long Island, let me know. We'll meet up.

Koda - I hear you. It's been raining here almost every day for periods of time. I got mine done on Monday but its never easy when its wet. Hope you can get the lawn done before its up to your knees.

Jamesbo - I'm a novice with Civil War era guns, I'll have to get more edgumicated, lol

Clint - my dad grew up on a farm. He always would say that it was hard to slaughter the animals since he and his sisters and brothers would name all of them.

Well, need to head out, have a good day all.
Old May 18th, 2016, 06:31 AM
Captain Starfire

Jamesbo, it would delight me to have a C-O Rendezvous at Gettysburg and you be our Second in Command. I'm guessing we could at least get Supermodel, Better Half, Mike, & ?? on board (not mentioning names any other board members).

BTW, in the famous X Files, "Home," featuring the Peacock family, even though they were in & from PA, they referred to the Civil War as the War of Northern Aggression. Maybe they weren't far from Gettysburg. But what a flavor that episode has -- definitely one of the top 5 "Files."

Whelpt, 'nudder funeral today; let me get at 'em.

Later, Olds buds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 18th, 2016 at 06:48 AM.
Old May 18th, 2016, 08:49 AM

Sorry John, You ruined de X files fer me when ya let me know Scully was a bicycler and ate off both sides of de plate
Old May 18th, 2016, 09:46 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Awful house and the junkyard this morning. Awful house was okay but there wasn't squat at the junkyard. Saw a mid-80s Cutlass 4door with some nice Olds wheels(minus the centercaps). I have no use for them, have a set already. Too bad they will most likely go to the crusher.

Jamesbo that's a beautiful wagon. The text reads like they are selling a house, not a car. I need to go to places like Gettysburg. The neighborhood I grew up in all the streets were named after Civil War things. Antietam St, Gettysburg St, Sherman, Sheridan, Davis, Lee, Jackson streets, I lived on Blair Street. Don't know who Blair was but I figure someone did.

John things come in threes, I guess that's true for funerals, too. When I read the headline of that article I thought the coroner was the one fleeing, but stopped to do work along the way.

The 70 people have trouble with that tooth as well. I haven't worked on my car for years but I still will duck around the middle of any hood that's open.

Add me to the list of people who think the two with the bison are defective. My thought was instead of putting it down, hand raise it or take it to the zoo. Maybe that wasn't feasible. The guy got a $110 fine for doing that.

Well I finally bought me a mower, so that's what I'm doing this afternoon. If I get done and it doesn't rain, I need to finish the brakes on the Cadillac. It's been sitting on the driveway without front wheels for how many weeks now. I'll get out tools of mass destruction if I need to.

So happy Wednesday everyone.
Old May 18th, 2016, 11:41 AM

Darrell, nice trophy and yard ape.
Old May 18th, 2016, 08:49 PM
GM Enthusiast

Jamesbo - okay I have to ask, what's a yard ape?
Old May 19th, 2016, 02:57 AM

A grown up rug rat
Old May 19th, 2016, 06:51 AM
CQR

Mornin all

Darrell, Congrats

Dang Jamesbo, I had no Idea Scully was a carpet muncher.

Gonna try to get rid of this '56 today. I think we've messed with it enough.

Have a day all.
Old May 19th, 2016, 08:21 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all... Well, as luck would have it, this is the day we canceled the boat trip, and it doesn't even look like we'll get a slight mist. Tough to win when you're bettin' on LA weather.... But it beats having a wash-out boat trip.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Sorry John, You ruined de X files fer me when ya let me know Scully was a bicycler and ate off both sides of de plate
Don't cut your nose to spite your face, 'Bo. Just think -- in '94, she still ate normally. If the only reason I watched was Scully, I doubt I'd have made it thru Season 1. She's just a minor distraction, IMHO. Clint, it's a long story, but all fairly available in Cyberspace (both the true and the fabricated).

Darrell, big-time congrats! Looks like the young'un is a chip off the ol' block. I had a good feeling about the show when you told us all you did to the already-pretty car....

Whelpt, hopefully no more funerals for a while, Lord rest their souls. I tell ya', these guys who work at chemical plants for 35 years usually don't last much longer than retirement.

No big events planned today; just a ton o' stuff I'd like to do around here, as usual. 1st would be to R&R a little window unit in my storage shed that has been clogged up with leaves for 3 years. We'll see what happens. I'll just try not to bust my stitches. Degreasing Starfire suspension components would be right under that; but that's the problem, as we've discussed: it's never the top item on the list.

BTW, anybody ever watch Highway Thru Hell, which I'd seen on The Weather Channel? A couple seasons are on Netflix now and it's truly addictive... I hate to get started. ('Nuther reason SF is still up on the lift.)

Y'all have a great Day of Thor, Olds friends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 19th, 2016 at 08:27 AM.
Old May 19th, 2016, 09:17 AM

Morning all.

Celebrity watch day 7.

Yesterday my daughter and her partner saw Floyd Mayweather buying half of the Nike store in Santa Monica and next to me in the hotel pool was Allison something or other who was the lead in the film Drag me to hell.

What's with the weather here. Cold and cloudy in the morning and hot and sunny in the pm. Same every day!

Off to Hollywood and the hills today. The boss wants to go shopping. Think I might have to forget to take my wallet.

Have a great day all.
Old May 19th, 2016, 10:03 AM

afternoon

Had to beat feet early down to get sum test done.

Darrell, Sorry no offense dat's what we call children. You must be a young one like Mike cause I know I got at least 2 pairs of boots older than him. Congrats on the trophy and the fine son.

London, Every time my wife wants to go shopping I pull out the same wardrobe and put a halt to it. I've got a Magnum PI shirt, some sandals, with sum long black knee socks and some Bermuda shorts

John Here's to wishing you a speedy recovery and all your friends remain vertical.
Old May 19th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

This is the latest I've ever gotten back from the Awful house. Got there a little late and missed everyone, so I didn't stay long and then went to the bank. On the way home I wanted to stop by the shop to see what's going on there(nothing) and when I did I saw a guy from the Awful house drove past the shop seeing if I was there. So we talked for a little while, then went and looked at stuff around the shop, then talked a while longer. Got a lot solved that's for sure.

Jamesbo hope your test comes back okay. You must have some really old boots.

London good for you seeing all these celebrities. I had to look Floyd Mayweather up. Not sure there's many I'd care to run into, though it's cool seeing someone famous in the flesh I guess. How long are you there for?

John the word is a retired airplane mechanic lasts about 6 months. It might be a little longer now that we don't use Tsolv or MEK. That was another reason for moving to the cabin. Now I just get overloaded with people's funk. Sometimes I think I'd rather eat a teaspoon of Varsol than to get down on that nasty carpeting.

Darrell good for you your son getting a trophy. Won't be long now before he either wants the Cutlass or you have to get him one of his own. Hm, a nice father son project.

Clint good luck with the Chev. I really, really need to work on mine. The plan was, lo these many years ago, to drive mine every day. Almost there...

Okay now that the rain has stopped, well nothing. Can't mow, can't work outside everything is a mess. Guess I'll clean house. That should be fun. Last day off so I gotta stay up late. Maybe I'll take the dogs for a ride later. They will be thrilled to go for a ride and not end up in jail.
Old May 19th, 2016, 07:30 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Almost the weekend, yeah.

London - how much longer are you in the US?

Jamesbo - that's funny, I figured that's what you meant. Just never heard that kids were referred to as a yard ape.

John/Mike - thanks. Well, you know what happens when you bring a nice car to a car show, it always gets picked apart. I have gone to this show with the Olds the last 6 years and this was the first 1st place trophy.

Clint - thanks. Did you get a chance to flog the 56 to see what its capable of? After all, you have to make sure it's working properly.

Have a good night all.
Old May 20th, 2016, 04:38 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, It runs out alright. You can smell some blowby when you get all over it, so it does have some breaking in to do. It's not a 11 second car by any means but it is a very nice driver with some decent poop when you kick her in the pants.

London, did you ask if he ever wore the same pair of shoes twice?

Jamesbo, I hope you studied hard. Are they grading on a curve?

John sorry to hear about the jaunt on the dinghy getting cancelled. But you know what can happen in bad weather when it's only spose to be a 3 hour tour. Better carry some batteries and maybe some transistors next time just in case.

Mike, I could only imagine working on seat tracks and such on a pass plane. Yuck. Sometimes underdash work on cars isn't much better.

Well looks like the missus finally gave me her cold. Woke up with a tickle in my throat and on fire this morning. Yippee. Just in time for this months race.

Have a day all.
Old May 20th, 2016, 05:32 AM

Mawn'in all

Elsie's spose ta show up but haven't seen her yet

Test results were fine. I think the doc jes needed a new Porsche. Seriously, I'm beginning to think these docs jes send ya fer test to lesson their liability.

I have an elderly friend who got pneumonia. Unfortunately he made the mistake of telling someone [in jest] "Just shoot me" The hospital put him in the psych ward instead of treating him for pneumonia

Darrell IMHO car show aren't about cars jes like dog shows aren't about dogs.

John, I was hoping fer some pic of you and the rich and famous cruising down the mighty Mississippi. I had a friend whose dad had a 53 Hatteras. Being the gentlemanly type I ONCE offered to fill the diesel tanks in Bimini. Unfortunately my Amex card melted. Truth is I could afford to fill the water tanks.

London, Who did ya see today? Jimmy Hoffa?

Clint, Sorry the mrs. gave ya sumthing ya didn't want

Old May 20th, 2016, 06:05 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik g'mernin, all.... Elsie's fury crashed in on LA (not Los Angeles) with a vengeance last night around 10:30. It was relatively quick, but not without fallout. We were fortunate, but lotsa' trees and roofs were blown away in places. Glad all we got was the water and the light show -- accompanied by the sound track.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be on board when Dana refuels the boat. Don't know if any of my credit cards has that high a limit. But in all honesty, I guess if you have to ask how much it is to fill 'er up, you can't afford the boat. Pictures will definitely be forthcoming if & when we ever make it out on the water on the Seven D's again.

Get better soon, Clint. Nobody likes a throat on fire -- or the snotty aftermath.

I heard somebody spotted Jimmy Hoffa at Elvis's Vegas show last week.

Darrell, my two brothers were glued to Gilligan's Island when we were kids, so the reference isn't lost... although I'm not sure I ever watched a whole episode. Thanks for the sage advice.

Y'all have a great Fright Day, Olds chums.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 20th, 2016 at 07:36 AM.
Old May 20th, 2016, 10:20 AM

Good evening for all. Its weekend again. Been busy and sick at work, just visited to look "for sale" topic once in a while.

To my misfortune, i received parts from parts Place while back, and got to notice the new door-end caps i ordered, dont fit, and wont fit without hacking door skins and new end caps.. Now playing back and forth " send me an e-mail" game.. After i payed customs those ended up paying me a tad over 100$ and they are worthless, so i, of course, want some rebate.

Ha. One thing ive noticed long ago and actually dont like when transacting to your country. Every e-mail i receive is overly polite, and they seem to speak around the things pretty well.
At our culture we just say what we think right away, and thats it. No sorries, almost zero politeness, just the plain thing. Makes life a lot easier.
But well- when in rome, do as the romans do. Just a little observation from across the world.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Last edited by Inline; May 20th, 2016 at 10:22 AM.
Old May 20th, 2016, 10:38 AM

Well Inline, sorry to hear about the parts that you received from the Parts Place, good luck returning them as that place has a poor customer service record with many here.