The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Always room for one more

OMG Allan I'm dying! That's going to be stuck in my head all night now.

I see the cookie spambots are at it again. It's getting time for my annual trip to Australia and I was checking some flights on QANTAS, and now suddenly the banner ads here on CO are playing ads for QANTAS. Odd, never saw them on here before.
Old February 14th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Catchy tune isn't it??

Don't you get some special discount working for the airlines as a mechanic?? Saw a couple of flights to down under for 860 round trip from Hotlanta on the cheap flights network. Holy cow, they are not cheap for the most part.

Sandy - ya know the other option to wearing a wig is to wear a fashionable hat with a skull cap underneath (like football players do under their helmets). Probably wouldn't chafe or need clips either. You could start a trend. Hope you don't find that offensive - maybe something like this?

Honestly I think that it would almost hide the lack of hair. Peeps don't usually notice that until the hat or wig comes off right?? So don't feel uncomfortable or frustrated with it - only a temporary thing during treatment. Most peeps who do notice are more likely going to be more understanding and appreciative of your situation. Gee, after hearing about your buzz cut I'm rethinking my next visit for a high and tight.

Oh one last thing that I found amusing. It was your question about why anyone including men would wear wigs?? Made me laugh because my departed F.I.L. used to be shiny on top. BUT, he'd do a comb over and it was funnier than heck when the wind got ahold of it. He finally just gave up and showed off the chrome dome. Didn't change who he was, if you get my drift.
Old February 15th, 2014, 04:14 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Nice Vid Allan. Always helps me when I'm down.

Allan, Thats the car that gave me the disease to begin with. It's in pretty rough shape I'm sure. You can see the rust in that pic and that was taken in the 80's.

I can only imagine how bad it is today.

Well I'm off to chisel concrete today.

Have a weekend all.
Old February 15th, 2014, 04:51 AM

Mawn'in all

ROTFLMAO

Where do y'all find dis stuff
Nice in de mountains. John, I think it was worse weather in Hotlanta dan ere. Mostly snow w/o ice dat's melted now.

Time fer breakfast

Enjoy de weekend Olds friends

Sandy, I like dat look. Kinda reminds me of Bonnie Parker
Old February 15th, 2014, 07:09 AM

How's the earthquake that occurred down that a way's?
Old February 15th, 2014, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
How's the earthquake that occurred down that a way's?

I think I spelt thru it
Old February 15th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Tree Row Hunter in N.D.

Mornin all,

Allan,
That song is too funny its gonna play in my mind now. LOL
Old February 15th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all... Thanks, Mike. I'd NEVER own a vinyl top if given a choice... Who in the hades thought them up? Makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever... why would vinyl be a good material to be in the elements? Paint is much better, IMHO. I just saw pic's of a '70 GS w/ vinyl that this guy I'm communicating with restored.
I don't think the pic's come through unless you log in, but you can try:

http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.ph...ot-Kokomo-quot

Here's just one of the "before" pic's if they don't come thru, and just one reason me don't like no vinyl.

I'm itchin' to be in da' hills, Jimbo.

I'll try and come back later, but I gotta get outta' this chair and get sumpin' dun before it's Sunday already....

Have a great weekend, Oldsmobuds.
Old February 15th, 2014, 09:44 AM

Bad timing. A few days ago I got a letter with a note card enclosed that said "Dan, call me when you get a chance" signed by a name that took a minute to register, and a ph. number. It was from the guy that had owned my '71 for 17 1/2 years, and had brought it up from S. Carolina. So, this morning I called, and I get the dad on his cell while he was driving, and of course talks about owning the car, and selling it to a Chef (now restauranteur) friend of his, who wanted it really bad, much to his chagrin, used it as a daily driver. This guy I had no info on in the papers that I received when I had it, he in turned sold it to the guy that I bought it from near Port Huron, Mi. He asked if I still had it...and of course "no" was the answer. I let him know why I had to let it go, and where it went in the short term (car sales) in Grand Rapids, Mi. He of course asks "how much were you asking when you first listed it?" I told him $10,500 to start and dropped the price slowly until it sold, to which he replied "I would have bought it back for $10,500" Well it was in Auto Trader Classic, Auto & RV etc. but if he wasn't looking, he wasn't going to know...oh well.
Old February 15th, 2014, 10:04 AM

John, Neat werk

I luv de blue drop top in de back ground of one of those pages
Old February 15th, 2014, 07:10 PM

Afternoon all, another hot day here so we are hiding inside with the air con on

That price was US dollars Allan

Vent away Sandy, we are here for you.

I worry about my roof turning like that on the 98 John. I am thinking of taking the vinyl off and getting it painted white instead as the weather here really isn't nice to vinyl.

Welp friends just turned up so I better get off this before I get into more trouble

Take care oldsmates,

Adrian
Old February 16th, 2014, 03:15 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Not a bad night at work, got out early to boot. Can't beat that. I see that I've got one of our better leads tonight(not), so I'm sure and early Friday won't be in the cards.

Epic fail of my cable operator. Had a nice long message typed out for the Morning Crew, and when I hit send, I get this screen You Are Not Connected To The Internet. Everything was connected, all the lights were flashing, in fact I had been doing fine moments before. This has been happening a lot lately, and also the high speed internet has been about as fast as dial-up. All this for 36 more a month than I was paying last year.

I'm afraid the vinyl roof on the Cadillac is going to start looking like that. The hail storm we had last year left hundreds of little half moon shaped cuts in the top. Can't see them unless you're right up on it, but they are there. Upholstery guy said that top is about 900. Not a bad price, but the car isn't worth too much more these days. I think it was the 66 or 67 Chevy Caprice that started the vinyl top thing. Look like a convertible.

Well Dan at least the guy remembered you.

Guess I'll hit the sack. Nice to crawl into bed before it gets light out. Hope everyone has a good day, I'll see you back this afternoon!
Old February 16th, 2014, 04:19 AM

Mawn'in all

I think it's time fer me to comute down under every winter.

Chili willie in de mountains dis mawn'in
Old February 16th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all

'Twas 38 in da' swamp dis mernin'. Warming up quite a bit now, and luckily the wet stuff is off today.

Parades started yesterday, but I doubt I'll see a single float unless there's a caravan to or from the "den" that cuts off traffic. I've seen enough to last a lifetime, thank you.

Mike, have you started the '6 lately? Did you ever post any pic's? Pete put his "farewell" pic standing beside it on his FB page recently. He should have had you in at least one.... but I didn't see that.

Whelpt, let me go get something done after my huge Sunday omelette w/ grits, ham, & biscuit.... sucking on my first coffee... I think I need "breakfast dessert" now .

Have a splendid Sunday, Oldsmochaps.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 16th, 2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old February 16th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Sunday Sunday Sunday. Hmmm, that didn't work. There's still no sun. Maybe Sunday thinks that if I call it by it's first, second and third name it's in real trouble??

I'm really pleased for Brad Jacobs (Mens Team Canada Curling) He won his game against China today 9-8 in an extra end. That means he's guaranteed to play in the semi finals. So is Jennifer Jones (Women's Team Canada) who is a perfect 8 win record and is automatically in the finals for Gold.

John - That vinyl pic is really ugly. But I'm still putting one on my car. Main difference is the roof on my car is perfect, BC/CC, and the car will always be garaged instead of being left in the weather. I think that local weather, storage/maintenance and the quality of the roof material makes a huge difference.

Adrian - Yikes! That puts it in unaffordable territory. Not sure if I'd buy that even if I won the lottery. Too many other things to worry about first.

Mike - Sorry to hear about the Caddy. That happened to my 98 back in 1986. We had hail the size of golf ***** and the padded vinyl did get clobbered. The insurance company said they'd cover all the damage or I could settle for a check for 1300.00. There wasn't a lot of metal damage so I just took the check. IIRC at the time single life was a bit on the expensive side.

Jim - I'm witchu. Only I don't think I could afford to live down under for that long. Might have to find someone to stay with and help with the household expenses.

Dan - So what did this guy actually want from you?? Was he trying to track down the 71 and buy it again? 10,500 makes it sound like a prime car!
Old February 16th, 2014, 02:40 PM

Allan, I think that he and his son, whom I bought the car from, may have been just talking cars, and had a "I wonder" moment, he never said that he was dropping a note to see if I had it, and was it for sale. It is also possible that if I still had it, that he might have made an offer, I don't know.
Old February 16th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Always room for one more

Hi again.

What a beautiful day. Over 60 and sunny and didn't see too much. Hopefully this week while I'm off will be nice.

No John haven't messed with the TR6 yet. Gotta get it registered this week so that means taking it up to the tag office. Pete was gonna send me some pictures he took but haven't seen them.

Allan if I would have had full coverage on the Caddy at the time I would have let them take it. It was a pristine original that was perfect in most ways. Now it is still a dream to drive, but it has the aforementioned bad top now and also it looks like it's been a target on a golf course. No broken glass, though, which I'm glad of.

Friday tonight. Maybe I'll get lucky and be swapped. The good lead I've had all week is there tonight, and other Friday guys are on his crew, so why do I have to be swapped? I ordinarily don't complain much at work and just go with the flow, but man don't mess with my Friday.

Okay out with the dogs then off to the airport. Hope everyone enjoys their evening and has a good start to the week. Oh, holiday tomorrow that's a good start I'd say.
Old February 16th, 2014, 07:30 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Another day, more snow. Got another 3 inches yesterday, after the 14 the other day. Have well over two feet on the ground, and that's in the lowest places. Supposed to finally get above freezing by the middle of the week and we need it to get rid of some of this crap.

Mike - glad to hear it warmed up down there. Sure most of your ice and snow are gone by now.

Allan - love the baconator mug. I could chew on that all day.

John - are the parades for President's day?

Have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old February 16th, 2014, 08:49 PM

Afternoon ya'll I know you all are tired of these polar vortexes your getting cause I am so over these hot stinking days here.

Jamesbo you are more then welcome to come visit for the summer if you want to but don't blame me when you are too hot You are also welcome Allan, I am sure we could fit you guys in so you wouldn't have to pay stupid amounts for accommodation. Even if you only came for a few weeks each I am sure you would welcome the weather change

Yeah Allan I can't see 200K in it personally but I don't know everything about cars, far from it

Time to get some things done around here, take it easy everyone,

Adrian
Old February 17th, 2014, 03:15 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Welp another week.

The MIL is off to Cancun this week. So the missus and the kid have full chores over there. That makes them have to leave a little earlier in the morning. I pushed then out of here a little before 4am.

Well, tied one one on Saturday night. And we are both paying for it again today. Haven't danced like that in a long time. Some SOB stole my phone at the club. So I'm off the grid for now. I filed a claim with Sprints insurance so now I have to wait and see.

Spose to be a pretty nice week mostly in the 50's It sure would be nice if the ice would melt on the south side of the garage. It's about 3 inches thick and down right treacherous to try to walk on.

Sandy what didja think about TWD last night?

Have a Monday all.
Old February 17th, 2014, 04:39 AM

Mawn'in all

Chil but spose to warm up den rain later in de day

Sandy, How ya feel'in dis mawn'in?

Darrell, Nope de parades John's talk'in 'bout are fer Mardis Gras [a.k.a Adult drunken crazy week ]

Clint, It's amaz'in how attached we get to our phones. I dropped mine out in de pasture a few weeks ago an panicked til I found it. Good luck

Allan, I think I need curl'in 101. I have no idear WTF is goiong on. But I'm glad you enjoy it.

Mike,did you see whar de tug wreck wit de tow plane. I think thar's a job opportunity thar fer someone.

Adrian, I'd luv to be sweat'in.

Welp, Olds friends, Tis Monday so guess what?
Old February 17th, 2014, 05:28 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Had a nice little nap at work. I got stuck with the lead who likes to waste everyone's time. Eh, that means I can stay up this morning. It will be like having an extra day off.

Jamesbo I hadn't heard about a tug crashing while towing, but I have heard of the Supertug that jackknifed with an A330 in tow and mangled the nose gear. I also heard about a plane in New York going to be de-iced, and the pilot was talking to the tower and the copilot was talking to the ramp, and the other didn't know what the other said and they ran the airplane smack into two de-ice trucks. That plane gets 7 new slats.

Clint that sucks about your phone. I didn't know people stole phones anymore. I guess phones can hold a lot of info. Used to be people stole phones so they could make calls.

Adrian I'd take those hot stinkin' days any day. I'm so tired of this cold weather. Sure it's supposed to warm up today and this week, but the rain doth cometh, and lately it's been my mortal enemy.

Wow Darrell it's been a lot of years since I've seen two feet of snow all at once. Be careful and I hope you don't get stuck in it.

I think I'll take in the junkyard today. Parts for the blue van elude me and I'm tired of seeing its partless grin. If I don't find what I need today I'll just have to go buy them. Meaning from Chevrolet.

And speaking of the blue van, it needs tires. I don't think I want to buy a 1000 worth of Michelin LTX for it, as cool as that would be, does anyone have a suggestion what's a good tire for a giant passenger car? Might have a load of stuff here and there(it's a 3/4 ton) but won't be towing anything.

Okay gonna hit it. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old February 17th, 2014, 06:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Can't believe I wasn't on here all weekend. Chemo brain kicking in....

A little sun out this morning, temp is -5. Enough already!!! We were supposed to warm up this week, now they have a winter storm watch going into effect tonight at 7 through tomorrow morning. More F'n snow!!!! My God, it's never gonna stop.

Figures it would get crappy since I have to go to Akron for chemo tomorrow morning. I hope I get done by noon and can come in to work for the rest of the day. I didn't feel bad right after it last time. Not till the next morning and each day after. Of course it will start building up in my body now, so who knows what I'm gonna get after this one. I hope it's the same and no worse. There goes drinking coffee in the morning for the next 9 days. Doesn't taste good at all.

I found my way over to Fairlawn all by myself Saturday morning to a wig boutique. The ladies in there were really nice. Not that they're gonna be mean to a cancer patient, lol. I ordered myself a cute black ball cap with black hair. There went another $165 I don't have to spend. I tried on one with brown hair - no one stocks black hair so it had to be ordered. I don't like that the bill sticks out so far! I'm not used to seeing anything in front of my eyes. They should make women's ball caps with shorter bills. But that's to hide your hair line, which is pretty non existant.

I didn't put on this stupid wig at all yesterday. Just wore my turban and looked like a cancer patient! I don't like a lot of the hats they have..... look like old women hats or something to me. I'm not a hat wearer unless I'm outside in the winter.

Allan R..... thanks. I don't get offended easily, lol. I appreciate the thoughts. The ball cap I got will be nicer - nothing on top of it. Just hair sewed around the edges, lol. I got medium length. I am going to order a cotton cap to wear. I have one made out of nylon like pantyhose, and things just slip around on it. I don't like it.

My sister Jean came down Saturday and stayed several hours. She liked my wig. We had a nice visit. I enjoyed it. She never got to see my short hair cut.

Today is Lin's 61st birthday. She's not home, I tried to call. Tried yesterday and got no answer too. Maybe one of her worthless kids came and took her to their place. I don't know. Wish I could have went up and took her an ice cream cake, but I don't want to risk getting germs. It sucks.

Clint.... I wasn't all that impressed with TWD last night. Don't know why? Thought it was strange that Carol just showed up then and there like that. Little sicko Lizzie was enjoying smothering Judith, wasn't she??? Carol created a monster with her, I think. It was nice to see that Daryl is still around. Just stuck with whiney Beth, lol. Next week looks interesting.

Steve is off today, so I better get off here and go check his emails. Brian is driving me nuts giving the weather report to everyone that calls!!!! It's winter..... get over it! I am enjoying the daylight now.... it's a good thing.

Have a great Monday all!
Old February 17th, 2014, 08:48 AM
My sweet ride since 1970!

GOOD Monday to you all!!!

Sandy, I know what you mean about missing the weekend...and I can't use the chemo excuse...I just didn't make it over here...shame on me! I'm glad Jean was able to visit and hope you enjoyed her time with you! I KNOW they make "women's" bb caps, if you want one...just let me know as I am the consummate shopper (I didn't get the nickname "Super Jew" by accident...LOL)

Mike, I hadn't heard about the DC fiasco...bet those guys will be paying the airline back for YEARS...lol

Mike/Clint and anyone else....anyone have any experience with Republic Wireless? I have several friends using it and they all are quite pleased, UNTIL this weekend when one of their phones started having screen bleed. Can't buy a used phone anywhere except from RW because they will not activate it, and only other option discovered as of now is to trade in the offending phone on a new Moto X and pay $299 less an eventual rebate of $100...cash is tight for him right now so trying to discover alternatives...suggestions?

Gotten several notes from folks here about he 62 Starfire I posted under parts for sale. It is about 2 1/2 hours from me and the only thing I know is that it is for sale (saw the ad on Craigslist) but willing to help out anyway I can. UPDATE: I understand that the interior and the rear end are now gone:-)

Had about 1/2" of ice covered with a dusting of snow overnight, but already 37 degrees and the sun is out. Hopefully, I can get the Honda washed to get all this awful salt off from the streets.

Did anyone get to see the AMAZING finish to the Syracuse/NC State basketball game on Sat. night? I am a HUGE Syracuse fan. BTW I am the 1st to admit they played terribly, but the finish was AWESOME!!! Sorry any NC Sate fans...really I am wink wink.

I've gotta get to work, perish the thought. TTYL8R

Scott

Last edited by 70sbulldog; February 17th, 2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old February 17th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik check-in

Mornin', all.... downright muggy; temp was only 57* in the Swamp.... Wiffey and I had a walk at the Ponchatoula Park this morning; great day for it: no sun, no cold -- practically perfect, just like Mary Poppins.

Mike, I've been talking to a Buick guy who lives in Calgary who sounds like he has a job very similar to yours. Here's part of the narrative he presented me:

I work at an airline up here, I am an AME, which is what you would call an AI in the USA. Do the work, move the aircraft (taxi, tow, sunup), troubleshoot and repair systems, then I do the final inspections and certify the aircraft for flight (so I’m the guy that signs and certifies the aircraft, then they fill it with 125+ people and go whizzing along 8 miles above the earth at 550+ mph through -50 C air so thin it barely supports combustion and the autopilot controls it better than humans can-actually thats pretty normal most of the time). It then gets handed over to the pilots/cabin crew and guests who break more stuff

Normal shift is 5 on 5 off, sounds awesome but 12 hours nights are tough, takes two days just to feel normal again, plus we work 60 hours in those 5 nights so an average persons week and a half. Plus it can be stressful, some of the work is complicated and critical, and we do all that in the middle of the night. Lots of training due this year so schedule is a mess as training is days only, so hard to schedule…the girl in charge of that doesn’t get it either, she just moves people around. That will be changing, been a bit of an outcry this year, people are tired of it, how can you switch form nights to days in less than 48 hours??
Very interesting.... and I'm sure stressful! Wonder if he has 2 German shepherds??? lol

Whelpt, sorrry "chem-brain" is kicking in, Sandy. But it sounds like you had a nice little visit w/ Jean. Hang in there.... and try to enjoy Brian's weather reports .

Clint, you got a big bite of worm this mornin'.... me didn't arise until 6... quite the late sleeper today ....

Y'all have a great Monday, Oldsmobuddies.
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Just an Olds Guy

It's MONDAY!!! Yahoooo!
Well I guess for most of ya that means only another 4 days of werk. Up here we have a day off (Family Day). LOL my boy is still sleeping. Teenagers seem to like staying up late and sleeping if he's representative of them...

I'm kind of wondering if winter will ever end here. Ya ever get this feeling???
Attachment 165870

Jim - Ya nose, I cud splane curlin tew ya btter ifn we jes set fer a spall wit some koolones and bertended ta be sober. Akshuley until 15 yarsago I dint hardly no whut the strajedy of kerlin was ether. LOL now I ken even spal it rite and stands on de ice witout fallen on my ****. Yew up fer dat?

Sandy - Thanks. I keep reading but often I don't say anything because it's really a tough topic. FWIW I do listen though. Glad to hear you're not offended. I'll pipe in from time to time, but even when I don't you can honestly assume that I'm still witcha in spirit and hoping for the best results, k?

Clint - Cancun? Just got back from there. She'll enjoy it so much she'll want to stay. That could be a good thing for ya?

John - Jeepers! Too bad that Buick guy wasn't a Buick GAL. That would be a match made in heaven for Mike.

Mike - ^^^^ Know what I mean??? I think by the description in that text that guy is a "lead" where you work?

Adrian - how's life adjusting the the baby and OT? Forgot to ask if Allegra has adjusted her sleep schedule any? I bet your daughter is tickled to be able to help out and play 'mom'.

Scot(t) - Glad to see you turned off the bold typeset. It's easier to read now.
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Captain Starfire

WTH is dat, Allan?

Definitely a "guy" lol....

Scott, the regular typeface is a step in the right direction!

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 17th, 2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old February 17th, 2014, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
It's MONDAY!!! Yahoooo!
Well I guess for most of ya that means only another 4 days of werk. Up here we have a day off (Family Day). LOL my boy is still sleeping. Teenagers seem to like staying up late and sleeping if he's representative of them...

I'm kind of wondering if winter will ever end here. Ya ever get this feeling???

Jim - Ya nose, I cud splane curlin tew ya btter ifn we jes set fer a spall wit some koolones and bertended ta be sober. Akshuley until 15 yarsago I dint hardly no whut the strajedy of kerlin was ether. LOL now I ken even spal it rite and stands on de ice witout fallen on my ****. Yew up fer dat?

Sandy - Thanks. I keep reading but often I don't say anything because it's really a tough topic. FWIW I do listen though. Glad to hear you're not offended. I'll pipe in from time to time, but even when I don't you can honestly assume that I'm still witcha in spirit and hoping for the best results, k?

Clint - Cancun? Just got back from there. She'll enjoy it so much she'll want to stay. That could be a good thing for ya?

John - Jeepers! Too bad that Buick guy wasn't a Buick GAL. That would be a match made in heaven for Mike.

Mike - ^^^^ Know what I mean??? I think by the description in that text that guy is a "lead" where you work?

Adrian - how's life adjusting the the baby and OT? Forgot to ask if Allegra has adjusted her sleep schedule any? I bet your daughter is tickled to be able to help out and play 'mom'.

Scot(t) - Glad to see you turned off the bold typeset. It's easier to read now.
Alan....Thanks for the heads up on the BOLD, I won't do it again:-) I hope others will clue me in to the whys and wherefores so that I fit into the family more easily. BTW Omaha is now sunny and 51 degrees...go figure huh.

Scott with 2t's..lol
Old February 17th, 2014, 07:58 PM

Good evening everyone. Its been a while.

Things have just been busy here lately, work, life, car project.

Last week we only had one snow fall. Made for a messy drive in Friday morning, and the Mustang was just washed the night before when I took it in for an oil change We're getting more snow tonite.

Allan, not all of us had the day off today

Sandy, take it easy in the snow.

Hello to everyone else, but I don't have enough time to get all caught up on the thread.

Have a great week everyone.
Old February 17th, 2014, 08:26 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Hope you all enjoyed Presidents Day. Well, not to sound like a broken record, but we're getting more snow late tonight into tomorrow. Not supposed to be a big one but just another nuisance. At least it will get warmer by the end of the week.
Old February 17th, 2014, 09:11 PM

Well, we were supposed to get 3-5" of the white stuff, ended up with about 8", I'll be out tomorrow with the blower.
Old February 17th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 70sbulldog
Thanks for the heads up on the BOLD, I won't do it again:-)
Not a criticism, just a point of interest. When folks use bold, all CAPS, or red print it usually means they're 'shouting', 'angry', or trying to aggressively make a point.

Paul - yup. I know not everyone has the ultimate job. I do though and lucky for me, I get every day off. Mind you after a while it can be a bit boring.
Old February 18th, 2014, 03:04 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Paul, I must be part canuck as I didn't the the day off either.

Dan, Just think If you were female and received 3" more than expected you'd be happy.

Allan, Her and her hubby kinda like it there. Been a few years since they've been down there. We went a coupla times, but not sure I want to go back. I'd rather go up and visit our neighbors to the north. I'd feel better about spendin my money up there. Maybe B.C.? I haven't been there since 86. Went to Portland for the rose festival and up to the worlds fair. I was too young to pay much attention to anything but the girls in the band. Heck I coulda chased them down here. Oh wait... I did.

John, Yep, Gonna have to be pretty quick to beat me this week. With the MIL gone, the missus and kid are gettin up before the buttcrack of darkness to get them mules taken care of.

Scottwithtwot's, I've never heard of Republic, so I don't think I'll be of much help. I know around here there are several places advertising to repair phones. New screens, replacement charging ports, etc. Thats the best I got. Sorry

Sandy, I was thinking about getting one of those caps too. I really miss my Mullet. It must bother me more than I tell myself as it comes up way too often(My MPB) But I still refuse to try to alter it.
I thought TWD episode was good for setting up for which way it was gonna go. It makes sense on who is ending up with who. That will put a focus on internal conflict and how they overcome it (or fail to) when fighting the walkers.

Mike, I was surprised they didn't take my coat. It was a couple hunnert dollars for it. I guess my phone may be worth something to someone, but Sprint shut it down and blocked it. So at least on their network the phone is supposed to be useless. I'll put a few more protection measures on the new phone I get today. they are shipping one from Tn.

Jamesbo. I honestly learned a lot yesterday by not having it. I learned I spend way too much time fiddling with it. Enough so I'm gonna make an honest effort to leave it be more now.

Well, We had a real warm day yesterday, But the wind on Sunday night must have been record breaking. There was a tractor-trailer on its side in the median yesterday and the MIL has lots of broken limbs and blown over trees. Her neighbor (part of the one who just passed) had lots of damage. his barn was partially blown over and is now kind of hanging off the slab, and lots of vehicles over there need new windows.

Gonna be nice and warm again, but the wind is supposed to be back with a vengence.

Have a day all.
Old February 18th, 2014, 03:34 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Dogs wanted to get up at a quarter to five, so we got up. I was in bed by 1030 last night so not a bad start to the day. Awful house this morning and it's been a couple weeks, can't wait for that!

Got up to 60 yesterday and supposed to be 67 today. I'll take it. I hope this is the start of warming up. I need to get out and rake and pick up limbs and all that other fun stuff.

Who knows anything about Savannah. At some point I decided Savannah is where I wanted to work. Close enough I could commute on my weekends, close to family and friends, lots to do, and it ain't Hartsfield. Savannah has come up on the bid, as well as many other places(LAX, SAN, DEN, BNA come to mind) and if I don't do something now I won't ever. I hear it rains a lot there. That can't be good.

Paul don't work too much. Not much fun in that, unless your job is working for Top Gear.

Allan and John it sounds like that guy is the same as me. If he were a lead in my department his job would be to look at the internet all night and also look for ways to write people up. Instead of getting a raise one year the company changed our name. Instead of "mechanic" we are now Aviation Maintenance Technician. They said it would give us more respect in the business. I doubt that it did but it didn't help pay the bills, that's for sure. This guy is an Aviation Maintenance Engineer. The difference? Engineers get paid more.

Scott that's one thing about the airline biz, you rarely have to pay the company back for things you screw up. Now, that doesn't mean you go without punishment. For us, if we hit anything or really, really break something, we have to go for a drug test. If it's really bad, we get time off. And worse than that, and I'm being serious here, are the years of ridicule and the nicknames you will suffer because of whatever it is you did.

John how you guys doing finding Aunt Jean a place?

Okay gonna get things moving. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old February 18th, 2014, 05:03 AM

Mawn'in all

Yep. Like Mike said, Spose to warm up nicely today

Mike, I've got a good friend who moved down there several years ago. Like any place it's got it's pluses and minuses. P.M. me and I'll give ya his number

Played like a goat yesterday. Gett'in old ain't fer sissies

Sandy, Tell us about how things are go'in.We're all wit cha

Have a great day Olds frineds
Old February 18th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all.

Cant smile this morning. Heading to Akron for chemo.about We have about 9 inches of snow. Roads are a mess. Accidents everywhere. I had one cup of coffee and some toast. Afraid to eat again. I have to ask what i can put on my scalp. Red irritated itchy places. Oh the joy...
Talk to ya later.
Old February 18th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all

Anudder muggy one... widespread fog thru-out SE LA. They were convoying traffic on the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway this morning. Visibility was about 1/4 mile in many places near water.

Hope all goes well today, Sandy. I sent you an e-mail w/ a thought from the better half....

Darrell, I forgot to answer a question you had asked recently, about the Historical Society, etc: The only widely known and available info on our Buicks is the original factory order info, available from the Sloan Museum in Flint. I had gotten the info on my previous GS; but I did it mostly b/c I only had a partial build sheet on it (was missing about 1/4 of the sheet on the left). My "new" GS has the whole thing, so you can tell exactly how it left the factory. That's about all that's available... no really owner history or anything. That stuff is hard to come by. I sure wish I could do a little research on the SF. That's the biggest mystery to me.

The closer I look at Coppertone, the weirder it seems.... strange assortment of options. It's definitely a special-order car. Certainly nothing like I'd have ordered it, but part of a car's lore is its pure quirkiness and rarity, both of which this one has in spades. It's a CA emissions car (which I'm not crazy about), but all of the original equipment is in place and restored, including EGR valve and AIR pump. Not many '72 cars (of any marque) had EGR valves. Buicks V8s for CA delivery had them, and those with 4 speeds had them. The orderer also neglected to check the "HD Cooling" box, which would have been nice on a big A/C car (and on & on).

Mike, thanks for axeing! Aunt Jean is scheduled to move into the skilled nursing unit of one of the Metairie nursing homes on Wednesday. I'm going to see her, along with the new place, today to try to facilitate the transition. But the social worker at her current hospital does some of the legwork, which is nice.

Clint, hope you're managing to get to bed early... don't want to cheat yourself out of too much dodo.

Whelpt, better get a move on iffin' I'm going to head to the South Shore.

Y'all have a great Tuesday, Oldsmofriends.
Old February 18th, 2014, 07:54 AM

Morning all! 46 and sunny here at the moment, but my friends in Manchester NH and Binghamton NY are getting snowed on again as I type.

Alan thanks so much for the "Installing Spring" what a great smile creator!!!

Clint and anybody else that's interested, check out Republic Wireless. They have a sort of unique set up and the monthly fees are GOOD! Everything is internet based for customer service though.

Not much new and exciting here in the Heartland, so will close for now and spend a few minutes in prayer for Sandy..we are with you kiddo!

Scott
Old February 18th, 2014, 07:21 PM

Good evening everyone.

Well, the Pony wasn't enjoying the snowy roads this morning. Even where the roads were only wet, they were slippery. We are supposed to get snow or freezing rain overnight. It should be a fun ride in tomorrow.

But at least the temperatures are predicted to keep going up all week, ending up above freezing by the end of the week.

John, what do you mean by convoying traffic on the causeway?

Sandy, I'm thinking about you.

Mike, I wish I was working for Top Gear, but I'm not If anyone knows of an "in", let me know! Or if they could get me into a car magazine job test driving cars...

Clint, watch yourself in the wind.

Allan, I can say that I enjoy the job I am doing, even though it is in no way related to my education.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.
Old February 18th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Wowsers, this thead is almost dead today. Hope everyone is ok.