The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2014, 02:53 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Sure come on down before the heatwave sets in
Old February 12th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Thanks Clint. I can hardly wait.

Scot - just saw on the news that Gawja is getting hammered wit 'ulp' snow???? That looks like just a skiff compared to up here. But, when you're not used to it, that can be a real nightmare.

Mike - does that mean they will be de-icing the jets? When we did the push off from CCY we had to get de-icing but it was God awful cold (-25). Had to wait in queue for the de icing trucks to do the plane. They got some of it in the engines and ventilation system. Captain revved the crap out of the engines to clear them but a short while later there was this awful stink coming through the ventilators. What do they put in that de-ice anyway?
Old February 12th, 2014, 07:06 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Yup Allan as of right this instant just about 15 miles north of me is getting hammered with ice and snow. We have had rain for two days straight, but it's supposed to freeze tonight so it will be a mess here as well. Did you happen to catch this thread? I don't know if you've swapped over to the rally pac yet but here is some great tech if you haven't or know someone who is planning on it. I also posted it on the S.O. group
Old February 12th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sorry to hear about the weather blues. Hopefully it passes quickly and things will be back to normal soon.

I have 1/2 the U21 done right now - the tach side. Still have to do the gages and install the dash pod for fasten seat belts. BUT, I don't have to cut or modify a thing. I have an OEM adapter from a dealer that allows me to do a straight plug/play from existing harness which converts the wiring instantly to rallye pac. I don't know if I showed you a pic of that but if you want I'll post it on the S.O. group thread. I also have a complete 72 harness from a rallye pac equipped car that's complete from end to end. I'm seriously thinking of using it instead of the adapter as my original wiring was cut in places by the 'professional' installation of an after market AM/FM cassette back in 85.
Old February 12th, 2014, 07:31 PM
"Car"mudgeon

There is no cutting required. All the wires you need are there except for the fused wire going to the coil
Old February 13th, 2014, 03:39 AM
Captain Starfire

Quick sampling of scrambled worm... be back right after the PB&J course ....
Old February 13th, 2014, 03:55 AM

Mawn'in

Rotten taters-check
Firewood-check
home made chili-check
power-check

All is good sept John got de worm
Old February 13th, 2014, 03:56 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Hope you Hotlantians are surviving the apocalypse. I wonder how the walkers are fairing in the cold?

Well I talked my cousin out of the drag mags on his 442. not sure when he'll be able to dig them up, but at least I have dibs.
Attachment 165944

Looks like we are starting to warm up a bit. Spose to be 65 on Sunday.

Have a day all.
Old February 13th, 2014, 04:35 AM
Captain Starfire

Me like PB&J better dan worm....

Whelpt, good mornin' fer real now... 'Twas 32 at the Plantation... which was cooler than our untrustworthy weathermen predicted. Downright nippy... 'cept if you compare it to most of the rest of the country (and Canada, of course).

You're not in da' mountains, are you Jamesbo? I was surprised to hear it's only 29* in Hiawassee, with a low of 21. Yesterday they were predictin' 6-9" of white stuff; not sure they got that much. The white stuff was actually in our forecast down here, but I haven't seen a hint of any.

OK, I'm going to post all the pic's of Coppertone on my Flickr page to satisfy Jamesbo for an hour or two . BTW, anybody ever notice a strong resemblance b/w Little Miss Coppertone and Little Miss Sunbeam? Or did anybody outside the N.O. area even have Sunbeam bread?

OK (again), I'm just going to start axeing questions about stuff I don't understand, although I probably should know: Clint, who are the walkers?

Scott, get used to lost posts! It's the topic of much discussion here in our humble little corner. I've been known to preach to do a <Ctrl>-A +
<Ctrl>-C to keep a backup copy of your post in the Win (or Mac) clipbloard. As a rough estimate, one out of every 20 or so of your compositions will vanish before it becomes a "post." And it hurts when you've spent a lot of time and brain cells, which are becoming harder and harder to come by .

I'll let y'all know when I get all dem pic's up.

How's it going, Sandy?

Y'all have a great Thursday, Oldsmobuds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 13th, 2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old February 13th, 2014, 04:58 AM

John, If'in I head up to God's country can I check on anything at yourr abode?

I think de got 4-6" up dare
Old February 13th, 2014, 05:32 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Wow this is the first morning in days that I actually feel like a normal person. And to think I have to stay home for breakfast. Right now it's snowing giant flakes, almost looks like lake effect. Hm, I do live on a lake, though I doubt our little puddle here has much to do with the weather.

There's about four inches of ice on the back porch, and I'm assuming on everything else. I haven't stepped foot out of the house since Tuesday afternoon when I gave my neighbor back her soup pot. She said let me know when to make more. She takes such good care of me. I guess I should turn on the TV and find out what the rest of the world is doing, since I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Scott it looks like you're officially one of us now, having a post disappear like that. Be sure to select "Remember Me" when you sign in, or the site automatically times you out.

Allan the de-icing fluid is basically heated ethylene glycol. If it got into the engine then the guy doing it needs a refresher course. A lot of times the pilot will shut down the engines, especially if there's a long line of planes to be done. Seems he should turn off the packs (AC) as well.

Scot you can decide where to pick the spot. I don't have any idea what is good/better, so it doesn't matter to me.

Not sure what to do today. It's supposed to warm up but I'm not going to hold my breath. Maybe I'll fire up the 4 wheel drive and venture out in a little while. Hm, 4 wheel drive on ice, I must be a soccer mom.

Have a good day everyone!
Old February 13th, 2014, 06:20 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

I guess they cancelled schools two days in a row here for nada. Not one iota of snow nor ice this far south. Lots of people lost power due to fallen trees on powerlines north of us around Cold'Lanta

Mike that sounds like a plan.

Clint those are some very desirable wheels

Whelp since the roads ain't iced over here, guess I'd better go get the better half a Valentine
Old February 13th, 2014, 07:09 AM

John, Ya ain't gonna believe dis but I actually know de guy what married de girl who was de model fer Little Miss Sunbeam.

True story, 4 brothers [all over 6'8" what obviously play de round ball hoops] married 3 sisters and de 4th one married de SunBeam model. De 3 sister's father was in de lumber bus and helped de 4 boys get a lumber bus in Hotlanta going. Course it ain't no mo.
Old February 13th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

The sun is out and it's 10 degrees here now. Supposed to really warm up next week. About time....

I lost my post too this morning, think I let it time out too long while we were on the conference call about the benefits. My computer decided to update itself....

Well I ordered 2 wigs yesterday - both the same - at the place in Macedonia. I had to try on brown and she had to order black. I liked the look and feel and the cut of them. So with the $50 packet of care products, I spent $523 that I didn't have to spend! God is cancer big bucks$$$$$$$! I put it on my credit card that I'm trying to get paid down while I'm still able to work....

They will be in tonight. The lady is going to call me, so I'll have to go over and learn how to wear these damn things and care for them. I'd so much rather have my own hair. Stopped at CVS on the way home last night and got some hair nets and wore one last night. Kept the hair from fallin out in massive clumps, lol.

This just sucks......

Dr. Bressi called me last night and of course she thinks I should get the Neulasta shot. I knew she would. Don't know why they just can't put me on 10 days of antibiotics when the counts are down. I don't want any more pain.... still deciding.

Jamesbo... sounds like you're all prepared, lol.

Mike... don't be in a hurry to get out and about. Let your body recover.

John... you need to watch The Walking Dead! Walkers......

Well you all have a good day.
Old February 13th, 2014, 10:39 AM
My sweet ride since 1970!

Wink

Howdy "new" family of mine,

A little after noon here, and believe it or not it ALMOST feels like spring today HOWEVER this is NEBRASKA where the bywords are "if you don't like the weather, just wait about 5 minutes and your feelings may change!"

However just chatted with my Godson in Johnson City NY and schools there closed 2 hours early, and it's a good thing. He said the streets were terrible and the school bus had a terrible time getting around even on the flat roads.

Eye exam this morning actually went perfectly fine. No new glasses this time around!!! Yippee.

If any of you have any suggestions about my query on 8-track tapes I sure would love to hear them.

Noticed an ad on local CL for 4 (14 inch) SSII rims complete with caps and rings for $40 total. Ad says "not super nice but can be redone." Any interest just let me know. I will be happy to do anything to help someone out

Hope everyone is safe and sound on the East coast. !

Later

Scott with 2 T's
Old February 13th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Captain Starfire

Jamesbo, you're right -- I ain't gonna' believe it! --> Good thing it's you telling me that. I know it's true. ;-) So I guess they had Sunbeam bread in lands other than New Orleans. The dad of a kid I went to kindergarten and 1st grade with (lived about 3 doors from me) used to drive a big yellow & blue Sunbeam truck. I thought it was so cool when I was a strappin' 6 y.o. tike.

OK, folks, here's a Flickr set with are all the pic's I can scrape up on Coppertone: and you don't have to tell me how nasty that fender patch looked! Hopefully, it's all gone; he said it was taken out, sandblasted, and new sheetmetal welded in. We shall see! ;-) Unfortunately, the pic's are in no order right now, and some are "before" and some are "after." I didn't add any of the titles, so I already know that the thing entitled "vacuum booster" is really just a reservoir.

So glad you're rejoining the human race, Mike! You must be a quick healer...even without the sambucus. ;-)

One of my brothers & I are in the middle of findin' a rehab center (senior home) for Aunt Jean. We don't believe she'll be in any shape to go home with Aunt Carm in the time they're alloting her now. [They said she has to be outta' there (hospital) by next Tuesday.]

Y'all have a resto' Thursday, to almost quote Clint. ;-)

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 13th, 2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old February 13th, 2014, 11:15 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Very nice John and it's the real deal according to the cowl tag Looks like it originally had a white vinyl top. Interesting enough Buick used the U code for the 455 auto car like Oldsmobile Great score brother!

Scott I must have missed the 8-track inquiry Do you mind running that by me?
Old February 13th, 2014, 11:46 AM

Sweet John,
Wit all de time I enjoyed in de back seat of my mother's
Deuce and a Quarter, I've always had a soft spot fer Buicks
Old February 13th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Captain Starfire

thanks, gang... Yep, Scot, he didn't go back with the vinyl top. It's a 4G37U2Z just like my other one... built in Fremont. Be still, my quivering heart ;-) The "U" was the non-Stage 1 455.
Jamesbo, maybe that big rip in the rear cushion was from prior activity back there... !!

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 13th, 2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old February 13th, 2014, 12:46 PM
My sweet ride since 1970!

Talking

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Very nice John and it's the real deal according to the cowl tag Looks like it originally had a white vinyl top. Interesting enough Buick used the U code for the 455 auto car like Oldsmobile Great score brother!

Scott I must have missed the 8-track inquiry Do you mind running that by me?
Mind....of course I don't mind I had mentioned that I have a decent size collection of 8-track tapes from "back in the day" and I would love to use them in the factory 8-track that is in Wendy however, every time I have tried, the tapes snap from old age/dryness. I have serviced the player and am confident that is not the issue. Ideas/suggestions are all welcome.

Thanks

Greatscott
Old February 13th, 2014, 01:41 PM
"Car"mudgeon

No idea Scott on how to "treat" the tapes themselves, but I used to splice them back together with great success. If the tape is fragile from dry rot or similar circumstances then I'd say they are done. Storage is key with these and cassette tapes. Dry and cool is what they like. I too have a decent sized collection that I cherish.

John I don't blame the previous owner one bit for deletion of the vinyl top. Does Buick have somewhere that has the historical documentation on these cars such as Pontiac Historic Services? www.phs-online.com
Old February 13th, 2014, 03:44 PM

Morning all, I can't really complain about the weather here at the moment as it seems that everyone else seems to have a pretty raw deal at right now.

Good to see your feeling better Mike, take it easy on those icy roads mate.

That's a great score John, good luck getting her back to her former glory. Doesn't look to far away to me
Old February 13th, 2014, 08:12 PM

Found this that I thought a few of you might find interesting

http://bangshift.com/blog/a-guy-is-a...-worth-it.html
Old February 13th, 2014, 10:37 PM

Does Buick have somewhere that has the historical documentation on these cars such as Pontiac Historic Services?
The Sloan Museum has that info in Flint, Mi. http://www.sloanlongway.org/buick-ga...otive-research

Last edited by 1969w3155; February 13th, 2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old February 14th, 2014, 02:25 AM
Nop
2-stroke 1-cylinder guy

Mawning. TGIF. KTHXbye!
Old February 14th, 2014, 04:50 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Adrian, I would love to have a 'cammer'. What a neat motor. Had a guy here with a real nice Fairlane. He and Frank Peterson put a cammer in it. Dyno'ed out around 600hp at altitude IIRC.

John, She sure is pretty. Hope she hauls as nice as she looks.

Scott, Those wheels sound like a deal. A local ad here has a set of 15 SSII's driver quality that he's calling '442 wheels' and wants $600

Sandy, I hope our weather heads your direction. We are supposed to get into the upper 60's on Sunday.

Scot, yes they are. I'm not sure what condition they are in. It's been a long time since I've seen them. I hope they are salvageable. I'm going to have to learn how to refurb them. I've seen the ones that TK-65 has and I don't really care for the polished look, I like the side facing areas a semi flat black and the bare area's a satin look. They were the only ones I had ever seen so growing up I thought they were only on early 442's from the factory.

Mike, good to hear you are feeling better.

Have a Friday all.
Old February 14th, 2014, 06:02 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp de snow/ ice melted yesterday an refroze las nite mak'in fer a slipperly mess on de walk ways. Roads seem sine though

John, you may [or may not] remember I had an Olds demo 8 track tape in de H/O The kind dat came wit de car new. Let me look around my assortment of plunder and see if I've got a Buick Demo tape. Percy Sledge anyone?

Clint, I really like dem wheels. Tres cool

Mike, During your brief illness, I shorted my Awful House stock. Is it time to take a long position.

Scot, Sum where 'round ere I've got a small tape splicing machine. Maybe when It thaws, I'll hunt for it. I can still tell ya exactly whar it clicks in Janis Joplin's Pearl during Bobby McGee.

Sandy, How ya feel'in today?

TGIF Olds friends
Old February 14th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jeepers, here it is Friday the 14th already. Something funny about that... OH YEAH - Happy Valentines Day to y'all. If you're planning a memorable evening tonight with that special lady? Don't let your wife find out.

Happy Birthday Nop. A pint of beer with breakfast or lunch would be in order I'm thinking.

Clint - good score on the wheels. Now, all you need to do is talk him out of the 442.

Adrian - nice looking gasser! Is that $AUS? I see our $C is just about the same as the $AUS right now.

Jim - Y'all needs ta invest in a belt sandpaper to put on yer tars when it gits slick.
Old February 14th, 2014, 08:40 AM

I had an Olds demo 8 track tape in de H/O The kind dat came wit de car new.
Did this get lost in the car fire? If you still have it I would be interested in it, as my car is factory 8 track car.
Old February 14th, 2014, 09:11 AM

Sorry, It's toast
Old February 14th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan, the demo 8 tracks were different for each model year. I have one for my 72. When I bought my 83 Regency Brougham off the showroom floor it came with a 'newfangled' cassette player and complimentary cassette. Gotta say the sound quality for back then was actually pretty good. And man that car was whisper quiet to drive.
Old February 14th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Nop
2-stroke 1-cylinder guy

A pint???

This is Bavaria, a pint is a child-size portion over here!

Attachment 85247

Last edited by Nop; February 14th, 2014 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Deleted posting by accident
Old February 14th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Nop
A pint???

This is Bavaria, a pint is a child-size portion over here!

Attachment 85247

LOL now dat's funny! I meant the pint was to put on yer cornflakes. I guess maybe a couple Flagons would be more in order??
Old February 14th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Nop
2-stroke 1-cylinder guy

You're getting closer!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma%C3%9F
Old February 14th, 2014, 09:44 AM

Allan, that's why I was hoping that Jim still had his, as I would like one for my '69.
Old February 14th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Nop
You're getting closer!
Ok, I got the 'ultimate' beer mug for ya!!! When in doubt, wrap some bacononit!!! Can't beat this for a mug you can also eat.

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Allan, that's why I was hoping that Jim still had his, as I would like one for my '69.
You should be able to find one on eBay. That's where I got mine - 20.00
If you just want one that looks period correct with the black labeling (and year doesn't matter?) check these out
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-197...ef9038&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLDSMOBILE-1...item2c7c70f06c
Old February 14th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon all! Happy Valentine's Day.

Cloudy with flurries here today. Temps not getting out of the 20's.

Been on the phone all morning with Dr Rehmus office and my insurance co. Pretty soon I'm not going to have to worry about cancer killing me, Im just going to have a heart attack from all the stress of trying to figure things out and trying to avoid as much pain as possible so I still feel like a human being!!!

I've been reading about Neupogen vs Neulasta to boost the white cells. I thought Brian had taken the Neupogen shots so I asked him this morning and yes he did. He had no bone pain from them. I'm sure if he would have, I'd have heard about it lol.

So I called rehmus office and told her assistant that I'd be willing to take the Neupogen, I don't want anything to do with that Neulasta. She said she'd check with the doc and let me know. So in the meantime I called my ins co to see if they cover either of the shots. The nice guy told me that yes, both are covered. They do not have to be given in a hospital setting, they do need a prior authorization, and if I got them at home they would be covered by my medical.

So docs office calls me back and said the doc said ok, I could take the Neupogen shots but they checked with my ins co and was told they wouldn't cover them! I said that's not what I was told. I then told her what the guy told me. She said she'd call them again and let me know.

So she called me back and said I was right! The shots should be covered. She had previously called the pharmacy out patient part of my insurance. I called the number on the back of my card, lol. Only thing is, I cant get this drug at Giant Eagle or any regular pharmacy. It has to come from Cigna Specialty pharmacy in the mail. She sent them the script and said they would be calling me to verify my address and stuff.

So when I get my treatment on Tuesday they will show me how to give myself the shots in my abdomen. I'll have to do it for 10 days. I think I can do it! I used to give my Marc allergy shots. Plus in the flabby abdomen it shouldn't hurt much. Not like it has to go in a muscle or anything.

So that makes me feel a whole lot better!! But see... if I hadn't called Cigna myself they would have just assumed I couldn't have the shots at home because they didn't call the right people! Its a shame you can't trust your medical team to get things right for you.

I told the girl that these shots had better be included in this 'whole' cancer treatment package with my ins co since it is part of the treatment regimine. I dam sure don't want any unexpected bills. I don't want the ones I am expecting!

I may still get some bone pain with the Neupogen but it wont be as bad as the Neulasta. Neulasta is like getting all 10 shots at once and it overloads the bone marrow. At least with the other stuff it will be a little at a time which I feel will be easier on the body. These doctors don't care about pain. They just give you another pill to take....

Anyhow. Let me say I hate wigs! Why any woman or man would want to wear one is beyond me. This thing is miserable. it feels so strange. The back of my head hurts where the inside adjustable metal clips are against my scalp. The thing feels like it's creeping up the back of my head too.

The lady at the wig shop buzzed my head last night. That's something I don't ever want to feel again! She turned me away from the mirror so I didn't have to see and put the wig right on. I had to buy this stupid turban to sleep in. Its amazing how warm the hair keeps the head I'll tell you. Bald heads sure get cold! I didn't like sleeping in that turban. I look like a cancer patient. I haven't seen my bare scalp yet and I don't want to. It feels so strange.

I have to have the bangs on this wig cut. All wigs have friggin bangs. I'm not used to seeing hair over my eyes. My glasses are out of wack too from being under the wig. Oh the joys....... other than the bangs, the wig looks nice I think. More like my hair and more like me.

Larry had a dozen of red roses on the table for me last night when I got home. They're beautiful. I got him candy. Tonight we're going to have pizza and do our shopping. He got me masks and nitrile gloves to wear so I don't get any germs. People will really look at me funny... I don't care.

Jean is going to come down tomorrow and visit. I haven't seen her since Christmas so that will be nice. Lin's birthday is Monday but I'm afraid to go up there since I have chemo on Tuesday. Don't want any germs. Guess I'll just send her a card. No mail Monday. Crap. Oh well.

Thanks for listening to me ramble... I appreciate it. You all have a good evening.
Old February 14th, 2014, 01:58 PM

Vent away Sandy, vent away
Old February 14th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone Happy Valentines Day.

Sandy I think you're actually sounding a lot better. I'm glad you're finally getting a little satisfaction out of this mess. You should get 7 wigs, one for each day of the week. Like Dolly Parton. She has hundreds.

Jamesbo I'd let the stock ride a few more days. I haven't been to the Awful house in over a week, well I was there yesterday but it was so full I didn't stay. The roads(which were melted and fine by 10am) were too bad to go to work, but not too bad to go to breakfast apparently. And of course everyone had all their kids in tow because the same roads were too bad for the school buses. Next day up is probably Tuesday. Lord willing and the Creek don't rise and it don't snow again.

Got just shy of 60 here today, and a little sun thrown in for good measure. Things are melting right along, and the back yard is a muddy mess. The stupid dog is next door, again, and they were all running along the fence and my two were just covered in mud. They got to stay out on the back porch till they dried off a little. Got out the child safety gate which must seem pretty scary because they didn't go near it. Next house for sure will have a mud room.

Allan that's an interesting beer mug. What is the intoxicating brew inside? Now that whole assemblage should be deep-fried.

John the pictures look great. Lots of work went into the restoration it looks like. I'm not a fan of white vinyl tops, either, I think the monocolor Coppertone looks terrific. I'm not a big fan of browns but I've always liked copper.

I've got several 8 tracks that work okay, I've got an 8 track/AM/FM in my Corvette. Although it seems that the one I was listening to last caused my tires to lose grip on a slick offramp. Had an 8 track stereo in my bedroom when I was a kid. Lights in the bottom would flash when the music played. Very cool.

I feel pretty much better today, so might as well waste that on work. It's Monday. I don't think the holiday weekend will affect us much, not many people travel for Presidents Day. February is half over already. Who can believe it.

Okay have a great weekend everyone.
Old February 14th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - LOL, are you going through withdrawal yet? A whole week without the Awful House? That's like a record for you. Yup, that beer mug I have no idea what's inside it. But remember, anytime you're not sure or something goes wrong? Rub some bacon on it and it'll all be good.

You might have seen this before but I just love it!