The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2014, 05:30 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite chili dis mawn'in

Mike, How 'bout sum pics? No, not of the Aweful house of the new toy

John, I like de color Congrats I know ya luv Granny Sports

Sandy, How ya feel'in dis mawn'in?

Scot, quit lurk'in and get back on ere.

Clint, I heard de weather out thar is pretty bad. The UJ. S.Army had a 2 hour snow delay before opening up fer business

Have a great day Olds friends
Old February 7th, 2014, 06:39 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo. Just cold. -4F right now. but we are supposed to get above freezing today. Not like it hasn't happened before. Its funny how quick people are to close or delay. I don't ever remember getting out of school because of winter weather. We did have a superintendent form Alaska. so maybe that had something to do with it.

Have a weekend all.
Old February 7th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Cutlass Lover

Late morning all!

Sunny and a whopping 2 degrees here now. It was -1 early morning. Wind chills below 0. But the sun is pretty.

Clay is off today so ive been out there a lot this morning. Marc stopped by and brought me 6 donuts, lol! I ate the jelly one even though I had cereal earlier. I'm going to meet him for lunch at Panera Bread and I'm having broccoli soup. I think it will taste good. I hope so anyhow...

My head is still plugged up. Still taking the Advil congestion stuff. I didn't sleep good. It would like burn in the one nostril every time I breathed in. I rolled around a lot all night. Maybe the lovely Dr rehmus can give me something when I see her later. Heck this might just be another side effect and not a head cold. Who the hell knows, lol. I'm leaving here at 2:45 so Brian and Steve will be all by themselves.

Jamesbo... Im feeling better. it's so nice to feel like me again. Almost like me... about 85% I'd say. I only have 11 days till I get whalloped again. So what did you have to have done at the docs? How you feeling from the accident now? Did u ever get things squared away with the insurance and all?

Where has Scot been?? Maybe he got that job.

Mike... welcome back.

John... congrats on the buhog!

Well you all have a good Friday! Don't forget TWD is back on Sunday night!!!! Ive felt like the walkers look, lol!
Old February 7th, 2014, 11:21 AM

Sandy, I self medicated myself wit rotten taters after de doc's visit. Werked like a charm. To answer your question[s] nope, nope and nope.

Like sands thru de hourglass....................
Old February 7th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Captain Starfire

Tgif

Hola, gang. "These are the days of our lives."
(And I didn't even watch the show.) I really felt old when I learnt this week that there hasn't been a terbakkey commercial on TV since 1970. I can still sing every jingle... not that anybody'd be interested in listening.

Nice day today... decompressing from the two crazy days of work. But now, no salt mine 'til Wednesday

Glad to be of service, Mike. And happy you made it home safely. I want to see pix of that new toy, myself.

I think I'm gravitating to keeping the color on the "Granny" Sport. I'll give my "final answer" by end of this month. Thanks for the voting, gang. More pix to follow soon.

Stay warm, Clint! Hope that crazy arctic blast sweeps out soon; I'm wishing an early spring for the entire country; we can all use it.

Whelpt, lemme go get something done before better half comes back. Have a great TGIF, Oldsmofriends.
Old February 7th, 2014, 07:41 PM

Good evening everyone.

Just got back from a week away on vacation. It was nice and relaxing. Unfortunately it was not somewhere any warmer than here, but somewhere just to get away.

Sandy, glad to hear you are feeling better.

John, I like the Granny Sport. From that pic, it just looks so average. Great for a sleeper.

Mike, another car? Really?

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old February 7th, 2014, 07:55 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Been swamped here with snow and ice this week. Kids were off two days from school again. More coming this weekend. Getting tired of shoveling, LOL.

Went for a physical today, a little overdue since I have not been to the doctor in 3 years. Since I'm 40 now, I got violated as part of the man's over 40 cancer screening test. So far I passed with flying colors, just have to get the bloodwork done. Otherwise just been busy with work.

John - nice GS! Good luck with the color decision.

Jamesbo - I'm with you. Not sure who actually watches the olympics but it won't be me either.

Sandy - hope you're feeling better.

Well, have a good night everyone.
Old February 8th, 2014, 05:05 AM

Mawn'in all

Headed fer de mountains.

Gonna dig up sum forsythia and bring it back to line a fence at de cemetery.

Would sum of you computer gurus do me a favor. I got an e-mail from a yo yo I know in de green cemetary businees in New Mexico. I said sum like " I advise you read this twiter link" Naturally it won't open.

I anyone sees anything + or - about my cemetery Milton Fields PLEASE let me know.

Enjoy de weekend Olds friends

Sandy, let go fer 2 laps this weekend
Old February 8th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all... 'twas 37 at the Plantation this morning. Spose to warm up a bit, tho'. I wishes I was going up to the hills, Jamesbo. This is strange, 'cause right now, we don't have a set date or plan. Better half is going to see Mom for her birthday later this month (for a week no less); and I guess we'll decide something when she returns.

As far as Milton Fields, I just did a Google search and I do like the Google ad or listing you have there. Fairly impressive, IMHO. I see nothing negative in the first page, anyway, and quite a few things positive, such as the place being the only one of its kind in the Great State of Georgia.

I guess if somebody spent an great amount of time, they might be able to find something somewhere when sometime somebody got his feelings hurt or stubbed his toe; but the overall impression I got was positive. HTH!

Can you believe it's been 50 years since the Liverpudlians were on Ed Sullivan? At least we still have two of them left, even if one can't sing anymore and the other never could... ;-)

Whelpt, y'all have a fantabulous weekend, Oldsmobuds.
Old February 8th, 2014, 06:55 AM
CQR

Mornin all

Jamesbo I do see some nasty things about Milton fields, But it seems to be some place over where the "Beet-ul's' came from. Not your place.

Not sure if I have to go look at a 69 442 vert today or not. I kinda hope not. The missus doesn't have to work today, and I'd like to spend it with her.

Sandy, hope you're having a good day.
Old February 8th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy weekend peeps

Last day in Meheeko. Its friggen hot and humid here all week. Always around the 80s or so. So looking forward to my frozen wasteland back home. Theres a limit to the amount of clothes you can take off here without getting arrested.
Old February 8th, 2014, 10:02 AM
My sweet ride since 1970!

GOOD MORNING

I have been a member for a # of years but not active. As of this morning I am changing that to ACTIVE. I hope I will be welcome to what I am sure is a great group of fellow Oldsmobile fans.

Old February 8th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

70sbulldog you are most certainly welcome and I hope you find value and enjoyment from our little group here. That's a nice looking convertible in your picture.

Well I started feeling like I had a sore throat when I went to bed last night, and when I woke up this morning, oh mama did it hurt. I've been taking medicine and sleeping all day. Hope I'm in okay shape to go to work, because I have the rest of my time off already planned out.

Allan safe trip home. Hope you enjoyed your vacation. I would never, ever wish to be in the frozen wasteland instead of 80s! See if you can pack a little bit of that in your suitcase and let out when you get back.

Darrell I'm overdue for my physical as well. And the dentist. And the skin doctor. I should just make appointments all for the same day and get it all over with.

Oh Paul, always another car. One can never have too many.

Okay gotta get ready for work. It's Monday after being off five days. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Old February 8th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon All!

Sun and clouds here today. Temps in the 20's after single digits this morning. Snow tonight, I think.

Welcome to our thread 70sbulldog! We have a lot of fun on here.

Went back to Sears this morning and got my eyes rechecked from November. She made a few changes so I'm waiting on the new lenses to come in. Hopefully this time I'll be able to see without going back again and again. Really don't have the patience for it right now.

Saw the lovely Dr. Rehmus yesterday. Told her how crappy I felt the 8 days after chemo. They pricked my fingers and checked my blood counts.... guess who has NO immune system whatsoever right now??? No white blood cells at all. If I get any germs, it's off to the hospital.

She put me on 2 heavy duty antibiotics to take for 7 days so I hopefully won't get any germs. It's always something..... So I spent $60 on more medication, and $40 to see her. There went a hundred bucks I didn't have to spend!!!! God is cancer such a money maker in so many friggin ways. You know what the 'cash' price on the Zolfran anti puking pill is? For 30 pills to keep you from puking, it's $801.99!!!!!! Now isn't that just a little crazy? Gee, I wonder whats wrong with health care?? No reason for that. None at all. No wonder people don't go to the doctor. So glad I have insurance and only paid $20 for those pills.

Pam came over after I got home from the eye doc and we went and got 2 ugly wigs at the Gathering Place. Free. That was good. I didn't like any of them, really. Got a kind of salt and pepper looking one, medium length, and a short black one that I really don't like much. Larry didn't like either of them. He hates the whole short hair thing anyhow. I may go back to that one place and get that medium black real hair one I tried last weekend. But at least I have something to slap on my head now if I get up and my hair doesn't.

I cleaned the bathrooms this afternoon. Don't feel like doing much more. Stomach is kind of crampy today for some reason. Could be the antibiotics now. Larry just made some sketti so I'm gonna try to eat some.

Have a good evening all.
Old February 8th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Captain Starfire

Hey Bulldog!

(BTW, that's a great Liverpudlians' song...)

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Get that real name (just first name is great) in the sig .... that always facilitates a smooth transition to "ACTIVE"!

Nice lookin' "S" there in the Breadbasket.... We look forward to your posts

Originally Posted by 70sbulldog
GOOD MORNING

I have been a member for a # of years but not active. As of this morning I am changing that to ACTIVE. I hope I will be welcome to what I am sure is a great group of fellow Oldsmobile fans.
Old February 8th, 2014, 07:38 PM

Thanks for the welcome Cutlassgal. So sorry to hear about your ongoing battle. With your permission, I will put you on my prayer list. Understand about the wigs...one way to look at is, look at how much less time you will have to spend messing with your hair in the morning... And from one who knows because I am about 80% naturally bald...it sure beats fussing with the stuff..LOL

The medical profession, along with the majority of the economy is so messed up I feel like we ought to trash the entire mess and start all over...oh that we could.

Twinsburg OH...cant say as I know where that is in the state, but we in Omaha are enduring all the cold weather right along with everyone else...Temp tomorrow morning is to be 6 degrees and tomorrow night to drop to -10...ugh...NOT convertible weather ...YET
Old February 8th, 2014, 07:49 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by slantflat
Howdy everyone.

70sbulldog you are most certainly welcome and I hope you find value and enjoyment from our little group here. That's a nice looking convertible in your picture.

Well I started feeling like I had a sore throat when I went to bed last night, and when I woke up this morning, oh mama did it hurt. I've been taking medicine and sleeping all day. Hope I'm in okay shape to go to work, because I have the rest of my time off already planned out.

Allan safe trip home. Hope you enjoyed your vacation. I would never, ever wish to be in the frozen wasteland instead of 80s! See if you can pack a little bit of that in your suitcase and let out when you get back.

Darrell I'm overdue for my physical as well. And the dentist. And the skin doctor. I should just make appointments all for the same day and get it all over with.

Oh Paul, always another car. One can never have too many.

Okay gotta get ready for work. It's Monday after being off five days. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Thanks to you for your welcome and I am really looking forward to spending time here. Since I am recently separated from my wife, and pending divorce I sorta feel like you are all my new family

Thanks also for your compliment on my pride and joy! We have been partners since early 1970 and have agreed not to tell stories "on" each other...but the story of how we came to be a team is quite fun...happy to share it sometime..if anyone is interested.

Slantflat...hope you get to feeling better! Paul...I agree borrow a neighbors garage..the more the merrier...lol

Hope everyone endures the cold weather and like we have here in Omaha...snow...ugh!

Later gang!

Scott
Old February 8th, 2014, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
(BTW, that's a great Liverpudlians' song...)

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Get that real name (just first name is great) in the sig .... that always facilitates a smooth transition to "ACTIVE"!

Nice lookin' "S" there in the Breadbasket.... We look forward to your posts
John,

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it. I have a friend in West Monroe in the Northern part of LA. Anywhere near you?
Old February 8th, 2014, 08:51 PM

Good evening everyone.

Just got back from a night of bowling. The local Mustang club had a bowling night tonite. I had a great time, but I bowled horribly.

For the non-Canadians in the group, we have 2 main types of bowling up here. 10-pin bowling is what you know. Big ***** with finger openings and 10 pins. We also have 5-pin bowling up here. Roughly, take away the 5 pins in the back from a 10-pin setup, and space out the 5 others a little more. The throw a ball that is closer to the size of a softball. To me, this is like actually throwing a softball. I still had fun, but I was far from the top scores. Oh and you get 3 ***** per frame.

The 10-pin is what I play in a league, the 5-pin is what the group played tonite.

So the Mustang is slowly turning white. What are people's opinions on washing a car in the winter. I had the car rust-proofed when I bought it and again before this winter. Some people say not to wash a car since you could spread the salt into places it wouldn't normally go. Others say to wash it regularly. And others say to wash just when the temperature gets close to freezing. Now, if I was to wash the car, I would probably be taking it to a drivethru car wash at a gas station. And I park it outside. Thoughts?

Welcome to the thread 70sbulldog.

Sandy, take it easy.

Mike, I've got a long list of cars I'd like to own one day, but I'm good with my current mini fleet... for now.

Too much information Allan! Safe trip home.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.
Old February 8th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Captain Starfire

Not really, Scott. I seldom if ever make it up that way. I'm pretty much right on the other side of the lake from N.O. (55 miles away), and about 40 miles east of B.R.

OK, interesting: we now have a Scott and a Scot . BTW, I wonder what ever happened to the "other" John who had chimed in a few times a few months back....

Originally Posted by 70sbulldog
John,

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it. I have a friend in West Monroe in the Northern part of LA. Anywhere near you?

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 8th, 2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old February 8th, 2014, 09:21 PM

What are people's opinions on washing a car in the winter.
Try to keep 'em clean, and keep the salt off.
Old February 9th, 2014, 04:07 AM

Mawn'in all

Worm

Welcome aboard Bulldog. Monore is way up norte. Home of Delta airlines and duck hunt'in. Johns down in de swamp [home of good food and broken levees]

BTW, Ya know why a divorce is soooooo expensive? Cause it's worth it

Mike, get go'in wit de salt water gargeling and get you physical/dental werk done. I try to do it all round my berfday

Allan, Safe travels, Hope ya enjoyed your stay

I have a funny feel'in dat befo it's all over dis Scott/Scot, John/John thing is gonna drive me to drink [course it's a short trip]
Old February 9th, 2014, 06:02 AM

Morning. Snow....getting tired of it.
Old February 9th, 2014, 08:33 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Bulldog (Scott). Welcome. Glad you stepped forward.

Well installed the new wiper arms, blades and elliptical antennae onto Brit yesterday. Just pulling the cover halfway off her got me jonesin to take go take her for a ride.

I messaged my cousin yesterday on FB and asked if he had plans to use the Drag mags on the 442 he inherited from my grandpa(that I always wanted even before this cousin was born). I'm sure they are gonna need a lot of work, but I sure love how they look on the car.

Mike, again need pic's of the new ride.

Allan, Safe travels.

Gonna go buy a piece of rubber belting to use as a bed mat for the hoopdee v2.0

Then get ready for TWD tonight. The kid is watching a rerun marathon today. She didn't see the last episode.

Have a Sunday all.
Old February 9th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy Sunday, all... we caught a break and it only went down to 41* dis mawnin'.... spose to be a fairly nice day wit no Elsie, and in mid-60s. I'm going to cherish it. Wishing y'all the same. We're here, Sandy. Good job on the venting and being here with us!

Hope you get it over it quick, Mike. Ditto for the warm saltwater gargling. Although no doctor will ever prescribe it, and it tastes like vinegar, dissolve a couple asprin in a few oz. of warm water and let that stuff tickle your glottis ;-) Aspirin also has a topical anesthetic property that works wonders... it really helps with the temporary relief of sore throat pain. Just be sure you brush your teeth before going to bed, b/c it is acidic.

Better half has a "cold" regimen we both use and maybe it's psychosomatic, but we shake the sore throat threats in a couple days, with them rarely blooming into all-out colds. I won't bore you with it here... and it sounds like a lot of foolish trouble; but it works for both of us. (The saltwater gargling is definitely a part of it.)

Allan, be safe... it's a jungle out there. Glad you had a good trip; can't imagine your wanting to get back to the tundra, however.... ;-)

Have a great resto' weekend, Oldsmogang.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 9th, 2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old February 9th, 2014, 02:10 PM

Jamesbo thanks for the geography refresher...If I get south of Kansas seems like it all just turns into Texas in my mind..lol

Got a GREAT laugh on your divorce comment...thanks and I will credit you when I repeat it

The Scott/Scot issue might be easily corrected so long as NOBODY even considers calling me Scotty! Scotland (although my ancestors are from...are you ready..Poland and Russia), Scottish (see above) and Greatscott are all nicknames that have been used by friends over the years...We won't even discuss the nicknames the "less than friends" have used....LOL

Snow flurries are the name of the game here today, and the high was early this morning at 11 degrees.

Wishing everyone a GREAT week.
Scott(for now anyway)
Old February 9th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Work was miserable last night, and I felt much worse today, even after sleeping all day. Thanks for the home remedies.

Just called in to work. I'll probably get in trouble for not calling, because the doof that answered the phone couldn't understand what I was saying. I may sound like a frog but I am articulate. Then a lead gets on the phone and says what's up, and I'm trying to tell him that I'm calling in while the other person is yammering about something, so I said I'm not coming in! and hung up. They'll probably call in a couple hours when I'm sleeping to say, where are you?

I might call my neighbor and see if she'll bring me some diet Gingerale. It's usually gross but it's the only thing that sounds good right now.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old February 9th, 2014, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.

Work was miserable last night, and I felt much worse today, even after sleeping all day. Thanks for the home remedies.

Just called in to work. I'll probably get in trouble for not calling, because the doof that answered the phone couldn't understand what I was saying. I may sound like a frog but I am articulate. Then a lead gets on the phone and says what's up, and I'm trying to tell him that I'm calling in while the other person is yammering about something, so I said I'm not coming in! and hung up. They'll probably call in a couple hours when I'm sleeping to say, where are you?

I might call my neighbor and see if she'll bring me some diet Gingerale. It's usually gross but it's the only thing that sounds good right now.

Have a good evening everyone.
Feel better my new friend...and I you're right DIET Ginger ale is gross, but if your throat is sore you probably won't taste it anyway:-)

Look at it this way...it could be cream soda :-(

Old February 9th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

More snow here today, and cold. What else is new??

Hasn't been a good day for me. Finally broke down and sobbed my heart out when I washed my hair and noticed red patches on my scalp. My scalp is so tender and sore in places. Guess this is the starts of the hair coming out. God. It's so friggin unfair. Nicole hugged me and cried with me. I've pretty much just sat on the couch and been depressed. Been watching TWD marathon. 10 minutes till the new one!

Mike... hope you feel better soon.

Well I don't have anything good to say, so I'll talk to you all tomorrow.
Old February 10th, 2014, 03:50 AM
CQR

Keep your chin up Sandy. We're all pullin for you. What'cha think of the new episode? Some kid on there needs his hiney warmed up.

Mike hope you're feeling better.

John, can't wait to see more pics of the GS.

Dan, Ditto. Gettin real old. Freezing fog right now. The week is supposed to get a little nicer tho.

Well better go start another week.

Have a Monday all.
Old February 10th, 2014, 04:08 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili but anutter snow jam [southern style] is spose to be headed dis way.

Scott, "Beam me up Scott" jes don't sound right fer sum reason. BTW Do you happen to know Marlin Perkins?

Sandy, Now listen ere, We're all in dis wit cha. So cheer up [dat's a order and women allways follow my directions]

John, Please post sum mo pics pronto

Mike, ya needs to folllow John and mine remedies. Ya probaby need your neighbor ta bring ya sum chicken soup along wit de ginger ale. Please give me a shout if ya need sum help wit de dogs

Welp, Tis Monday so I guess I gonna go smacky whitey round befor de blizzard hits.

Have a great week OLDS FRIENDS

My wife is let'in me play golf on our anniversary.
Old February 10th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Captain Starfire

Top o' the mornin'

Wet mornin' here on the (Texas? ) Plantation. Looks like the N. Shore is first in line for what they're sayin' will be almost 2 solid days of the Elsie visitation. Maybe I should've bought a boat w/ a nailhead, instead of da' GS ??

GE repairman is comin' to fix the 6-month old dishwasher; top arm quit spinning and most of the soap just sits in the tray. Last week, got a notice that they're recalling the GE dehumidifier in the garage due to the Chinese unit's proclivity to suddenly erupt in flames. Gee, and I had a pretty good amount of GE brand loyalty thru the years. Looks like it might be coming to an end; I guess all the brands are about the same nowadays. The GE dishwasher our current one replaced was fabulous; I wanted to get one just like it; it worked like a champ since we bought the house in '06, and the previous owners put it in at least 5 years before that. But of course, they're all different now (I'd day 90% plastic -- even the doors). Just no confidence this thing will ever be a pimple on the fanny of its predecessor.

Booked my flight to go up and see my latest toy. Gettin' pretty stoked!

Here are a few more pic's, but these are obviously from the current owner, and I'm hoping they don't do the car justice. I'll have some "real" pics for you guys in a few weeks, fer sure.... But "coppertone" might actually be growin' on me.... As I said, it's not 100% finished, especially the interior. But it's solid as a rock... never seen a grain of road salt, which I like.

Sandy, we're here every step, FWIW. Sorry for all the crap. No real words; just a little compassion and empathy, along with prayers. Vent away.

Mike, have you driven the new toy around GA yet? That thing would have to be a hoot in the GA hills....

Happy anniversary, Jamesbo! At least we won't have the white stuff to contend with for this round of precipitation. How many years for you and the S'Model?

Clint, freezing fog? And I thought I'd heard of everything.... . God bless the Deep, South.

Y'all have a great and hopefully dry day, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 10th, 2014 at 08:03 AM.
Old February 10th, 2014, 07:03 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Clear and cool with Elsie moving in this evening and freezing rain scheduled for Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.

Sandy hang in there gal we are here for you.

John that is a fine auto you have there

Allan how was the Mexcasin Riviera? Hopefully you had a blast and explored some Mayan ruins. Sounds like you went to the wrong beach if'n ya can't walk around in yer berfday suit

Mike I hope your feeling better brother.

Scott welcome to the Good Mawnin Thread

Happy Anniversary Jamesbo

Whelp we had to bury another loved one yesterday He was my Great Uncle and a retired fire chief. All I can say is the WRFD and WRPD did an outstanding job in the ceremonies and presentation. Wow was it impressive! They had the ladder trucks with the ladders extended out and crossed the road with a huge American flag waving for the procession to cross under. The Fireman's Color Guard also was impressive in all of their duties and routines. Kind of felt like the military's salute to a fallen soldier or veteran. If ever there was a saying "All the King's horses and All the King's men" this is what it looked like with all of the fire trucks, police cars and deputy sheriff's cars. I kept telling everyone I haven't seen since the last funeral, that we have to stop meeting under these circumstances!

Have a great day everyone!
Old February 10th, 2014, 07:32 AM

John, a fine looking Buick. Scott, glad to see the honors that they gave your uncle. Jamesbo, do you think everybody will stay home this storm?
Old February 10th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Captain Starfire

Thanks, guys... I added one of underneath when the body was going back onto the frame.... the guy didn't change the body bushings! I somehow was in disbelief at that, but he swore they looked fine. The ones that came off my old one looked like they came weathered a nuclear holocost. I can't imagine that after over 40 years, they'd be "fine." Oh, well.... 'twill be interesting.

Sounds like a moving and fitting ceremony, Scot! Something to me right proud of....
Old February 10th, 2014, 08:28 AM

Well, I'll be dropping the DD off at the local Buick's service dept. tomorrow to have the headlight bulb replaced, I got a fix it ticket Friday night coming home from work, and I spent enough time Saturday kneeling in the snow until my fingertips started to sting, and I was out of swear words! In warmer weather I would have got it done, but I may be getting a little too intolerant of the cold to do it this time, (I mean really, remove the front bumper to replace a bulb?).
Old February 10th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everybody.

Well just a short 24 hours later and I feel a lot better. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I slept all night, and most of today, so I figure I'll go into work tonight. I'm tired of sleeping! My neighbor did indeed fix me some chicken noodle soup. It really hit the spot.

Happy Anniversary Jamesbo. Thanks for the offer with the dogs. That's one thing they are good at, leaving me be when I need it. They know when I'm under the weather and lay low.

Dan some friends of mine have a Cadillac that needed a parking light changed. Same thing, remove the bumper. They are old and not about to start dismantling the car, so off to Cadillac it went. For a parking light. Crazy.

Haven't put any miles on the new ride yet. Got it off the Uhaul and parked on the side of the drive, then started with my malady. If it doesn't rain my whole weekend I'll take it out for a spin.

Scot we still gonna get a space at the Perry Swap Meet?

Scott I used to love cream soda! Haven't had it in years. My Grandmother used to buy all flavors of Shasta. I haven't seen that in years, either. Mm, Shasta Cream Soda. Now that's living.

Well I guess I'll get to getting ready for work. Hope everyone has a good evening. Sandy hope you're feeling a little better today.
Old February 10th, 2014, 04:04 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Mike glad you're feeling better. We can pre-register a 15 X 30 space for $40 or get two spaces for $80. If we get them before March 22nd that is, after that it is $50 each spot and we would have to wait until the day of the show to register with no day before to set up. This is for both Friday and Saturday April 4th and 5th with the 3rd as a set-up day. Not sure what all I want to sell yet but I am thinking we would fare better with two spots side-by-side. Only bad thing is if I procure a job, I may not be able to attend Friday at the least. www.perryswapmeet.com
Old February 11th, 2014, 03:55 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Scot, my sympathies on your loss. sounds like a great service.

John, Sure looks nice. I'd be proud to cruise in it.

Mike I had a great Cream soda last month. My daughter boght me a 6 pack of specialty sodas for xmas. Sarsaparilla, root beer, Cream soda, etc. Yum. even better than Shasta.

Jamesbo, Congrats on finding someone who will put up with you for years on end. Not sure how we got so lucky?

Lost a family friend yesterday. He'd been in and out of the Hospital the past 2-3 years. Seemed all his problems jumped him at once. All started with a car accident and a back injury. Man I hate winter.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old February 11th, 2014, 04:05 AM

Morning folks, I see that Shirley Temple passed away, one of the actors that it seemed was in half the movies that I saw as a kid on TV.