The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2014, 11:03 AM

Went out and sno' blowed the drive, and put a new battery in the DD, as it was thinking real hard about cranking over when it dropped to the negative temps a week or so ago. It was a seven year old battery, and even though it is working fine when we are in the 20's, why risk getting caught when it gets cold again, as it's supposed to next week, as I'll be heading to Dee twa for the car show next week, I thought it best. Something that surprised me, considering what a pain newer cars can be to work on, was the ease of changing the battery this time...in 'n out in five minutes!
Old January 19th, 2014, 06:20 AM

Mawn'in

Any of your kids call ya 15 times in de middle of de nite and not leave a mesage. 2 hours of early mawn'in panic try'in to find de morons eventually leads to finding dem sleeping safely

Kids
Old January 19th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Beautiful day here, and fairly warm. It's about 50 right now, it doesn't have to stop.

Jamesbo after all that what did they want?

Not sure what I want to do this afternoon. Maybe I'll just play with the dogs. I haven't spent a lot of time with them this weekend.

Holiday on Monday. No mail, no banks, no trash pickup. I think the airlines should be closed as well.

Okay gonna do something. Have a great day everyone.
Old January 19th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Captain Starfire

beautiful Sunday here

Was only 47* here at 7:00. Anudder cold front is supposedly moving in today, makin' for a much cooler nite tonite.

Just learnt that that gorgeous '72 Stage 1 conv't 4-sp went for $112k at the Scottsdale B-J. Guess I'll have to keep looking. At least I was right when I said if it went for $70k or under it would be a deal. . I'm sure the resto itself was about $100k. Dave ain't cheap; but in this case, you get what you pay for. That one would be a lifer, fer sure.

Whelpt, got a lotta oil changin' to do today. Let me go try and keep Mobil in business.

Y'all have a great Sunday, Oldsmopals.
Old January 19th, 2014, 10:25 AM

Morning all, this baby looks to be just as stubborn as Min was, she was 12 days over.

Keep that head up Sandy, we are all here with you to help you through this rough patch

Min talked my into 2 nights of camping this weekend, she really seems to love it which is just awesome.

I picked up my latest rifle, a winchester 22 pump. She really is in rough shape but I'm sure I will be able to fix her up so it looks fine. A previous owner changed the barrel on it and the gun smith really screwed the pooch on it, front mag ring was put on to close so the inner tube hits the underside of the barrel I will have to take some before and after pics

Time for work, have a good day oldsmobuddies,

Adrian
Old January 19th, 2014, 12:35 PM

Mike, De were in Cherokkee N.C. wearing out de peny slots til midnite and wanted to know if de could crash out my house in de mountain insted of a]Staying in Cherokee b] driving back to Hotlanta.

Sure come on down and wake my cracker a$$ up at 2:00 am.m

NOT
Old January 19th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Had a decent weekend here. Sun but cold. Got up to 32 today. The real cold moves in again on Tuesday.

Didn't do much today. Shredded all my 2013 receipts and such. Washed my hair while I still have it. Tried not to think about things and failed miserably...

I cleaned and did laundry yesterday. Made some blueberry muffins and tried a baked lemon chicken recipe I saw on facebook. It was pretty good. I think it would be good with fish too.

Tomorrow I go see my heart doc at 7:30. I'm taking the chemo drug paperwork and having him look at it and tell me how it will affect my heart and the beta blocker I take, if he can. I'm going to call the heart place at Akron General and have them explain what's involved putting the port in my arm and find out how it's going to affect the use of my arm with lifting, carrying, working out and all that since I mostly use that arm. Then I'm calling Dr. Rehmus' office and making sure that everything planned for me has been approved by my ins. co. before I get socked with bills.

I forgot to tell Steve I'll be in late in the morning, but I guess he'll find out, lol. I hope it's a busy day.

Well I better get off here and make sure I have all my notes together and get stuff ready for work since I have to leave early for the dr. Talk to ya tomorrow.
Old January 20th, 2014, 04:35 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Sandy, Hope All the meds can get along. I've tried a few recipes on FB, and so far I'm 0 fer 3.

Jamesbo At least they called and just didn't crash the party.

Adrian, Sounds like fun. My grandpappy was a gunsmith. But He died way before getting them done. so now I have a bunch of leadslingers that don't.

John. sounds like it was a nice car. I assume when you say lifer, you are just stating how long it will take to pay it off

Mike, Sorry for the loss of your WH buddy. Again, it sure seems to me at least, that winter claims more people than any other season.

Darrell, Yes sir Friday night was fun.I was able to take the big plaque home from that race. Saturday we went up and watched the heats. The kid that works for me wrecked. The quad launched into the air and landed on him. He's got a nasty ol bruise spreading up his mid section and down one leg. Then the Family raced a Hare scramble yesterday. So we're double sore today.

Well, Everyone have a great week.
Old January 20th, 2014, 04:57 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili but spose to get really warm dis afternoon.

Welp, # 1 step son called his mom at 6:00 dis mawn’in. Seems he can’t figure out NSEW and was lost on his way to werk.

Was headed towards Chattanooga

Soct Pascal Perez had nutt'in on dis kid. He get's lost on his way to de head

Sandy, Every mawn’in I see des commercials fer de Cancer Treatment of America. I don’t know nutt’in ‘bout dem but as much as de advertise on TV, Must cost an arm and a leg. Did you ever research dem?

GTG

Got a double hitter today, Perodontist followed by urologist

I ‘ll let cha know which is werst

Old January 20th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Always room for one more

Morning everyone. Happy Milk Day.

Man I thought I was in a different dimension yesterday. All day long it felt like it was 4 or 5 hours later than it was. By 9:00 in the evening I couldn't keep my eyes open so I went to bed. That will screw me up for work tonight. Maybe I'll work really hard this morning then go back to bed this afternoon. Or maybe not.

Jamesbo good luck with the dr's today. I need to go have my yearly physical(it was supposed to be in the summer) but now I can't make an appointment until Feb.

Clint it's shoveling snow that gets people in the winter. I don' know what got Rex, we haven't had snow in years.

Sandy hope you had good luck at the dr this morning. I'm with Jamesbo, come to the treatment center in Atlanta. We can help out the doctors.

John did you get all your oil changed yesterday? I've been going to change the oil in the truck and the Saturn and still don't have it done. It sucks not having a good place to do work. Did Pete get back from his trip okay?

Guess I'll go do something. Have a good day all.
Old January 20th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy but warm this morning, temps around 36 but dropping all day to the single digits by tonight. God I'm tired of winter already and it ain't even half over yet!

Went to heart doc this morning. He's such a nice guy. He said all the drugs should get along, to keep taking the low dose aspirin, and the chemo drugs shouldn't affect my heart. He said that if I notice anything strange though, to let him know. You know I will!!!

Made it in to work at 8:20 - I love these holidays when a lot of people aren't working and traffic is thin. Especially in Hudson! Kind of a quiet morning so far.

Jamesbo/Mike.... yeah, we have a lot of those commercials here too, and I did look them up. I couldn't go and stay at one of those places though. Couldn't afford it. If I could, I'd have went to the one in Arizona!! God What I'd give to see blue skies and sunshine for at least 2 days! I'm so tired of depressing gray everywhere I look.

I hope you have good experiences at the doctors, Jamesbo! Hope your urologist is better than Dr. Cha Ching Banks was....

Have a good Monday all!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; January 20th, 2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old January 20th, 2014, 10:42 PM
GM Enthusiast

Morning everyone. Early worm. Still up watching the Australian Open. One of my favorite things to watch although I should go to bed. Soon.

Our weather hasn't been too bad the last week, mostly in the 40's but that is about to change. Supposed to get 8-12 inches later today and then the bottom drops out of the thermometer as its only going to be in the 20's the rest of the week. Oh well.

Enjoy the day everyone.
Old January 21st, 2014, 03:37 AM
Nop
2-stroke 1-cylinder guy

Lunch time. Could be a lucky day today: My VW Eurovan's head gasket is not blown. But if I catch that marten that chewed on one of my coolant hoses, I'm gonna splatter it against a wall...
Old January 21st, 2014, 04:25 AM

Mawn'in

A mite chiili dis mawn'in. Yesterday turned out beautimuus

Welp, Guess what? De doctor wants me to come back fer mo test. I gotta hurry back, ya see, He's go'in to his condo in Maui fer de month of February.

Is thar something wrong wit dis picture or what.

I jes don't know? None of it makes any sense

Mike, On de way down to Hotlanta, sum'in flung a crav'in on me so I stopped and had a big bowl of grits and sum sausage at de Aweful House on McFarland Rd. I axed dem if de knew ya but de didn't

Sandy, By de way de spend money advertising on TV, I kinda figgered dat Cancer Ceneters of Amercia was fer de Rich and Famous

GTG Have a great day Olds friends and be sure to tell your children to either become a doctor or marry one.
Old January 21st, 2014, 04:48 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Which doc wants you to come back Jamesbo? Hope it all turns out he just needs a little more spendin cash.

Nop. I don't envy you having a Eurovan.

Darrell, Sorry about the weather, Maybe I shouldn't tell you its spose to be in the 60's here today?

Sandy, I could deal with these fake Holidays all week long. Sure would be good for business.

Mike, I think winter is just harder on the old and sick. Of all those who have died recently that I know, none of them were shoveling much.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old January 21st, 2014, 05:06 AM
Nop
2-stroke 1-cylinder guy

Originally Posted by CQR
Nop. I don't envy you having a Eurovan.
Yes, that 5 cylinder Diesel is really crammed in there... Or what did you mean?

Old January 21st, 2014, 06:25 AM
CQR

I didn't mind working on the Type 2's but once they went liquid cooled, it all went down hill.
Old January 21st, 2014, 08:11 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all

Late bird don't get no worm... But Darrell, you kinda' cheated

Was only around 50* this morning; but big chill is coming tonite; they're predictin' 23* here Wed a.m. . Clint, I'm sick of winter (even though we don't have the snow); but I know when it's 94 and muggy outside, I'll wonder how I could ever get sick of the cold weather... . Actually, the last couple days have been glorious here. I've been able to leave all the garage doors up all day long for a change... pretty rare down here, as even when the temp is acceptable, the humidity is normally above 70% or so. Hygrometer in garage has been reading 16% -- almost need a humidifier!!

Sandy, any positive news at all is worth savoring.... And at least you don't have to deal with Cha Ching no mo.

Mike, I didn't even know Pete took a trip. Our last correspondence was in November. Strangely enough, however, he called me this morning to inform me of the deal you two got goin'... hope all goes well with it! I think the car is great mechanically, but cometically, WYSIWYG .... he said he was going to give you the right of refusal when you see it, which is a no-lose offer. Just go down and look at it and decide on the spot.

Got the new oil in the Camry + the Fusion. Those are the two most important. New oil for the rest of the fleet is imminent.

Jamesbo, hope all goes well with the followup. Personally, I'd much rather have followup with the periodontist than with the urologist. You'd like think that the money somehow indicated the level and quality of service you were receiving. But we all know that's not always the case. I think my derm of about 20 years sometimes burns stuff off just to get that charge on my bill. My perio sugery will cost me $3 grand after part deux -- and that's after my "dental insurance" (what a misnomer!) kicks in their meager portion. But at least with this perio guy, I feel I could not possibly have gotten a better, more qualified, or more experienced guy. I somehow feel his fees were actually justified, given his skills and qualifications, and staff he carries.

Whelpt, I plan on enjoying my last free day, as it's back to the salt mine manana. Y'all have a great one, Oldsmobuds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 21st, 2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old January 21st, 2014, 02:34 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Windy today. Sun was out bit I don't think it crested 40. Gonna be cold as a mother tonight.

John I'm pretty excited. I liked the pictures Pete sent me so I'll take a ride down there. You and him sound like me with my best friend. He lives in Denver and I don't talk to him very often, but when we do talk we just pick up where we left off. Rare these days to know someone 40+ years. Well, I've known my Mom longer.

Clint and Nop, I wanted to buy a Eurovan once. Nice condition, 5cyl gas and a 5 speed. It was at a Pontiac place on the used car lot. It had 60K on it, so I stopped by the VW place and asked what goes wrong with a Eurovan at 60K. The guy said the timing belt needs to be changed, and that would cost 400 or 500 dollars. Hm, no Eurovan for me. I have had several Type II Busses. Love them.

Jamesbo I only go to the one on N. Henry Blvd. in Stockbridge. The food isn't great but it's nice that everyone knows me. Sort of like Cheers.

Darrell your weather sounds about like ours. Actually our weather sounds about like yours. It's supposed to be warm here. Did you ever hear from the Eldorado guy after he got back?

Hm, no Sandy today? I don't remember anything of note going on today. Must be a busy day at the metal-making place.

Adrian I think the new one is going to be right on time. It's the doctor that's a little off.

Okay gonna finish getting ready and hit the road. Night two is upon us. Hope everyone's shortened week started out good.
Old January 21st, 2014, 03:04 PM

Morning all, we are looking at a fair bit of heat again with temps around 100 I will try and send it your way Sandy

The hospital has booked Tink in for thursday night for the start of the induction process so prob have baby on friday

As you can see the pump needs some work the stock is cracked so I have to source a new one and I can't seem to find one in Australia

I have taken 4 1/2 weeks off work so I can help with bubs and also get a few things ticked off my to do list

Take care everyone,

Adrian
Old January 21st, 2014, 05:38 PM
GM Enthusiast

Having fun outside shoveling snow. Kids are already off tomorrow as the schools wasted no time in canceling it. 16 degrees outside on its way down to 8. Expecting a total of 10-16 inches of the fluffy stuff.

Clint - wish it was that warm here. Rub it in, rub it in. LOL

Mike - the Eldorado is at a Cadillac dealership in Gran Rapids, MI getting everything taken off the body and getting a brand new paint job.

Adrian - glad to hear that the day is almost here. Hope your wife isn't too uncomfortable.

1/2 hour until the Australian open comes on. Federer is playing tonight, one of my favorites to watch. Enjoy the evening everyone.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 04:23 AM
Captain Starfire

Quick worm

Breakfast time . Be back later, but 27 at the Plantation. Not quite as chilly as day predicted.... Pushin' 40 on S. Shore.

Clint, I know ya' been up since midnight.... gotta get them fingers typin' earlier...

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 22nd, 2014 at 04:50 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 04:24 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

The missus was tossin and turnin all night. Didn't get much sleep.

Darrell, It was short lived, coupla inches of snow tonight and a high of 29 tomorrow.

Adrian, hope everything comes out all right.

Mike. I never really cared for the water boxers or Synchro's I hated workin on them. Had a guy a coupla months back want me to install his stainless steel piping kit on an ol Synchro (all the coolant pipes from the front to the rear). I told him no thanks. not something I'd be interested in doing. And he got all offended that I didn't want to work on his Vdub.

John, I've gotten to the point that I bite my tongue when it gets real hot out. I'll take the heat over the cold drippy wet anyday.

Dang it. My phone just notified me that John got the worm.

Have a humpity all.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 05:01 AM

Mawn'in all

Cold as a well digger's shovel down ere

Adrian, Check ebay. I bought a Winchester model 12 stock there once. They may have a mod. 61 [I think dat's what it is]

Good luck wit de down loading

Mike, I can't tell a dime's worth of difference in one Awful House vs. anutter. Is dat fire on de interstate near y'all?

John, Ya gonna need yoru long handles dis mawn'in. De schools in de mountain are runn'in 2 hours late gett'in started.

Sandy, We're think'in 'bout cha

Happy Hump day Olds friends
Old January 22nd, 2014, 06:25 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A crisp -1 degree here now, was 2 earlier. Supposed to be 12 today for our high. Sun is out and it looks nice. Hot in here...... At least the snow is missing us.

I survived yesterday's port placement. Barely. Once we got over there and were talking to the team who were going to do the surgery, they decided doing it in the chest would be better too. So that changed everything because it would be a longer surgery. So the room they needed was taken and we had to wait. Then we had to wait for housekeeping. So it was around 1:00 when I finally went in. It hurt like a bitch, let me tell you!! Not the chest so much, but the neck. The neck hurt all night and still hurts this morning. To be expected though. The chest is tender, but the neck hurts. It took them about an hour and a half to do this. When I was done Larry and I walked back over to Dr. Rehmus area as I had chemo class and wasn't able to attend because I was in surgery too long. So the teacher nurse lady was going to go over it with me in Dr. Rehmus' office.

We were sitting in that hot little room we sat in before, and all of a sudden I just kept getting hotter and hotter and very lightheaded. I told Larry I was going to go out to the desk and ask the girl if I could have a donut cause there was a box of them sitting there and I hadn't ate but a little cereal at 8:30 so I was hungry. I went out and instead of asking for a donut I asked her if I could get some cold wet paper towels for my head cause I didn't feel good. So another lady comes over and grabs my arm and they took me back to that little room and I just started feeling crapier and crapier. They got me some OJ to drink, but I kept feeling lightheaded and tingly all over. Dr. Rehmus finally came by and she started barking out orders like a drill sergent! She got cold icy towels and put on the back of my neck.... that felt sooooo good! She wiped my face. My blood pressure dropped to 70 over something, my pulse was barely feelable. I was white as white could be. They put smelling salts under my nose - boy did those stink! She shoved an oxygen hose in my nose and told them to get me over to the ER so they could do an EKG. I told her I just had an EKG and it was normal Monday morning. But she didn't listen to me. It felt soooo good to get out of that hot office on the way over to ER! By the time we got over there, I was cold and shivering. Still starving too. EKG was normal, they finally gave me a yucky turkey sandwich and a little can of pop, which tasted like a gourmet meal by then, lol. And I felt better. Didn't get any IV's or anything. I was over there for 3 hours.

So they still don't know exactly what happened. Could have been the pain meds and whatever they gave me to relax me during the procedure, combined with the fact I had no food in me, could have just been my heart doing something weird. I had that same thing happen to me one night last Feb. when I was just sitting on the couch watching TV and I went in and got Nicole. Same thing, very low pulse, gassy, tingly, low heart rate, pale. It's my heart doing something. Just don't know what!

So we didn't get home until 7:45 last night. Poor Larry had to get Nicole and take her back over to the shop to pick up Tincanio and bring home. I didn't feel like driving last night. I just wanted to get home and lay down. So that's what I did.

Today the neck still hurts like a bitch, the chest port place is tender and I know it's there today. I took Advil and will keep taking it through out the day. If I need something stronger, I have stuff at home from previous surgeries. I have a card and papers I have to carry around with me now, in case something happens and I end up in a hospital, so they use the right needle in this port. It's some kind of special needle. Can't just use a regular one. I have a script for some kind of 'numbing' cream that I'm supposed to use on the port place before anyone jabs me with a needle. So I have to get that filled.

So I survived the whole thing. But I am sooooooo tired of being poked, cut and jabbed already. I have such a long way to go......

Bills are rolling in from the surgery in December now. Got one from Dr. Smith, got one from Robinson for the operating room.... I really need to see something GOOD!!!! So far this is all depressing as hell.

Our computers are down here at work. Brian is talking with IT in Houston trying to get it figured out. Makes for a boring morning, lol.

Guess I'll call the lady from the genetic place who called me yesterday while I was at the hospital. See what she wants. I'm tired.

You all have a great day!!
Old January 22nd, 2014, 08:39 AM

Thinking about you

Hang in there Sandy. Sounds like this is going to be a long haul. Anytime you want to vent drop me a line I"m a good listener

Pat
Old January 22nd, 2014, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Hang in there Sandy. Sounds like this is going to be a long haul. Anytime you want to vent drop me a line I"m a good listener

Pat

X2 Sandy, My ears have had alot of practice.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 01:45 PM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks! Love u guys. Wish I could just go back to complaining about the weather, lol. I haven't even been out to see Teepo lately.....
Old January 22nd, 2014, 01:49 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Sunny here today and almost 40. Last night was miserable. Thermometer said it was 20, but the wind was howling and of course the management decided we needed to move airplanes. There were extra planes because of all the cancelations to the northeast, but when we moved planes to get extra ones in, the extra ones never came. If I were a betting man I'd say we didn't need the room and the foreman was just, well, being himself. Tonight is supposed to be about the same.

Sandy I forgot about the port. Sometimes I think doctors have no regard for people at all. Oh we decided to change this so go wait some more. Well it's done now so I hope you feel better soon.

Jamesbo there's plenty of differences between the Awful houses. Some are just so old and no matter how much they clean they just smell funny. Years of burning stuff. The yellow and brown paneling drives me to distraction. And of course when I'm in the Awful house I expect to be treated like I'm somebody, and that doesn't happen at any of them except the one I go to.

Clint what's funny about air cooled VWs is that the company shuns every one of them. Hard to get parts from the dealer, no company support, yet try to sell something that even remotely resembles an air cooled VW and they will sick fifty lawyers on you instantly for infringement. They are the McDonalds of the automotive world.

It's Friday for me tonight, got out around 5 this morning, wouldn't mind a repeat. Gonna be cold here in the Greater Stockbridge Area so it will be inside stuff for me while I'm off.

Hope everyone has enjoyed this hump day.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 03:32 PM

Sandy, go right ahead and talk about the weather if helps you get through this tough time. Hang in there girl. Well I was supposed to try and get the worm this morning @ 5:00 am, forgot to log in before heading to Detroit, in too much of a hurry to get my camera etc. before heading out door. The drive over was good, and a lot of sweet cars, but people just walk in front of ya, when you're trying to take pics. I made the mistake of sitting in a new Vette and rowing the gears.....dang what a sweet ride$$. Downstairs they had a Harley display, and had it bolted to something similar to a dyno, it allowed would be buyers the chance to ride a Hog in place, and going through the gears. Got back to this side of the state, and about 30 miles from home, when I ran into lake effect snow, visibility went to nil at times. I guess there was a 14 car pile up on U.S. 31 due to one semi passing another and losing control on the slick roadway. This would be about 3 miles from me, and this area is notorious in the winter for big accidents.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:03 PM

Good evening everyone!

It's been a while, hasn't it?

After reading through Sandy's post today, I know I shouldn't complain, so this is more a summary than a complaint.

Since my last post, colds have been going through my family here. I got it last week, but was starting to feel better this weekend. Then I got food poisining on Monday. I'm finally back to normal today.

Work is going well, but busy.

And it's COLD! here. The thinner transmission of the Mustang has helped a little, but when it's getting close to -40, nothing helps. I can't wait for winter to be over.

Sandy, complain about the weather or anything else you want! That's how we'll know you are doing ok.

Adrian, good luck tomorrow... or today?

1969w3155 (sorry, I'm really bad with names), glad to hear you enjoyed the show. Maybe I'll make it someday.

Well, that's it for today.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:41 PM
GM Enthusiast

Early worm, lol. Just checking in after taking the dog out. It's 5 degrees outside and we have 14 inches on the ground. Ready for Hawaii, , I wish.

Sandy - hang in there, we are all praying for you.

Clint - sorry to hear the cold weather caught up with you too.

Going to bed, the Open is on tonight but its a blowout. Have a great day tomorrow.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 03:59 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, Says you posted at 10:41 p.m. So I call the worm

Paul good to hear from you.

Dan, Seems there are bad drivers everywhere. Not sure anyone can claim the worst drivers except maybe China or Japan.

Mike, We used to have a parts house here that specialized in the Air cooled stuff. And they carried both lines, the German built stuff and the Mexican built stuff. They used to supply the local Vdub dealers with parts. They have since been bought out by some conglomerate. Its really getting hard to be able to buy from a local yokel anymore. Seems all this recession has done is put a bigger piece of the pie in front of the large corporations.

Sandy, Brit's been under cover for so long, I almost forgot what color she is.

Welp, about 3" on the ground right now. and brr cold. hope it warms up enough to wash quads on Saturday. I have to go to an open house on Sunday for a friend whose dad passed last week.

Have a Thursday all.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 04:40 AM
Captain Starfire

Happity Day After Humpity

'Twas a moderate 36 at the Plantation this morning, and well into the 40s here in N.O. Again, "big freeze" comin' tonite; but nothing like most of what you guys (and gal) see... "only" mid 20s on the N. Shore.

The 10-hour work days, along with commute and Aunt Connie visit, take a lot out of a guy; good thing I have the other 5 to recuperate.

Reading every word of your posts with prayerful empathy, Sandy. Keep 'em coming, and (not to coin a phrase), hang in there, girl... We're with ya'.

Originally Posted by car_designer
sorry, I'm really bad with names
Solution: Everybody put yer name in yer sig - this very instant!

Y'all have a great Thursday, Oldsmobuddies.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 05:31 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili down ere fer de souh

Sandy, De lady who werked for me for 20 years had to force de docs to put a port in. I "think" it's spose to make the treatments easier.

Hang in there, Car show season is jes round de corner. I'll send ya a hat that says "Betty Ford Clinic " on the front and "outpatient" on the back

Mike, Not be'in an aficionado of Awful Houses, I'll take your word fer it.

John, Are we gett'in close to de time de Big Easy goes completely mad. Can you still visit your aunt during the insanity?

Clint, I wish I had a dime for every VW bug I saw rolled in hgh school. I think I've axed dis question beofore [but don't remember de answer. ]Some where along in de sixties, I saw a car [maybe an XK-E ] dat had straps around the independent rear suspension to keep de axles from buckeling under. Think it was a Jag?

Happy Thursday Olds friends and prayers to ya gal
Old January 23rd, 2014, 05:56 AM
Captain Starfire

Jamesbo, yeah, it's right around da' corner. The "pee-rades" start mid-Feb, and da' big day is March 4. And the further from da' insanity I can stay, da' better....

But to answer yer question, Aunt Connie (thank goodness) is way out in Kenner, west of the city, and pretty far out of the way of even suburban pee-rades. So there should be very little effect on me (and her, if God spares her until then, which is completely questionable, since she hasn't spoken in almost a week, is on morphine and other heavy-duty drugs, and barely eats or drinks).

I think the Dr's (if indeed any are involved -- I'd never know) and nurses and aides are just waiting for her to move on. At nursing homes in LA -- sad to say -- she's little more than a temporary income stream. Hospice talks a good talk and throws a few resources in her direction, but she's essentially just another name on a case list.

Sorry - maybe gave you more than you bargained for 'ere...

But to get to pleasantries, I took Driver's Ed on a '72 yellow 4-speed Bug. I was scared to death of it at age 14, but I really did learn the hard (clutchin' & shiftin') way. At age 15 I was working at the car wash driving all the standard-tranny cars onto the rack, and feelin' mytee cocky about myself.... Got to drive the 454 4-sp. Vettes, and even a Lamborghini or two.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 23rd, 2014 at 06:07 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 06:11 AM

WAY back in my stupid youth. I was go'ing [really being carried in a mob] down Burbon Street and sum guy stuck his hand up my dates dress, Couldn't slug de yoyo cause my arms were pinned to my side in a sea of looney tunes. My first and last time to get involved in it. Not much later Al Hurt was hit by a brick some one threw at him.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 06:33 AM
Captain Starfire

Par for da' course

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
WAY back in my stupid youth. I was go'ing [really being carried in a mob] down Burbon Street and sum guy stuck his hand up my dates dress, Couldn't slug de yoyo cause my arms were pinned to my side in a sea of looney tunes. My first and last time to get involved in it. Not much later Al Hurt was hit by a brick some one threw at him.
The Al Hirt thing was a big deal; some said it was an oyster shell; but the first diagnosis was that he'd never play again. He proved them wrong, thank goodness.

I'll never forget once (I'm guessing I was about 9 or 10) with my Mom on St. Chas. right off Canal we were essentially moving in a stream of humanity and my Mom freaked out... she was losing us, and she started screaming for the police . After a minute or two, they actually heard her and started carrying my youngest brother, with us holding on for dear life, down the street, lifting Charlie (not a petite little boy, mind you) over the crowd when need be.... And those were the "old days." God bless 'em all nowadays: You know how many folks are packin' heat, tanked up, and jus lookin' to get into some $H1t? Two guys in the Quarter on two separate occasions just in the last week (no Mardi Gras) got their brains beat in by mouthin' off to hoodlums. Both victims are currently in drug-induced comas after brain operations. Man, O man.

Beatings

General story

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 23rd, 2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 06:53 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

8 degrees here and light snow. Heading up to 12!!!! But wind chills are below 0. I didn't lug in my laptop today so I'm on the kindle. Its soooooo much slower...

Just took an Advil, a lot of pain this morning in the chest area. Of course since Brian has had a port, he's a friggin expert. If I hear "that's to be expected" one more time I'm going to take all my frustration out on him lol. Gee... guess I'm to dumb to know I'm going to have pain.

I know he means well but it aggrivates me.

So we get an email yesterday from the owner, complaining that we only did a little over $15 million in sales in 2013 and did $19 million in 2012 out of this office, and he went on to say what a big territory these 3 guys cover and how we are probably missing leads due to lack of coverage here. He suggested that I go into sales or that we hire an experienced inside sales person. When I came back in from my walk and read the email, Brian and Steve had already been discussing it. Brian kept going into Steves office all afternoon and whispering. I hate it when they treat me like I'm not even here. I walked in once and said "I told you when I interviewed that I didn't want to be in sales. I want no part of sales." And I don't. What these guys go through, I want no part of!!!! Steve is like all against any kind of change. Well Brian is too when it comes down to it. But Steve was saying "well when someone is off there will be another persons workload to cover and we still wont be able to keep up" and Brian was just egging him on instead of pointing out what a good thing it would be. They told Steve last summer to hire someone. He only has like a year or two till he retires so he just wants to go along like usual. And God forbid we get someone who might out sell Brian. Larry told me I should go for it and really threaten them, lol. Brian patted me on the back yesterday and said "you just concentrate on getting well and don't worry about any of this". Yeah Brian, your commissions and bonuses and other perks are safe from me lol.

I cant read drawings, I don't know geometry, fractions and all the other things required for sales, and frankly I don't want to know! It just makes me mad that they whisper and talk around me like I'm still not part of the group. Oh well....

Paul.... don't be afraid to complain on my account, lol. Hope you're feeling better. Everyone seems to be sick. Those girls who put in my port said they do about 8 of them a week. That's a sad thing.

Jamesbo...the port just gives them access to the vein to drip the drugs into instead of them poking the veins in the arm like they used to. They pretty much wrecked the veins in my right arm last time, so now I have a lot of scar tissue which is why its so hard for them to get a needle in me and they hurt me so much when they're looking for a vein. I'm sure the port will be easier. Boy does it hurt to clear the throat and cough or sneeze right now though! This too shall pass.

Well I suppose I better do something. You all stay safe in the cold and snow and have a good day!
Old January 23rd, 2014, 09:34 AM

If I hear "that's to be expected" one more time I'm going to take all my frustration out on him lol.
Sandy, leave the semi auto lead dispenser at home please!