The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 25th, 2013, 05:26 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Merry Christmas Mawnin Friends
Old December 25th, 2013, 09:40 AM

Merry Christmas

To the good morning thread
Old December 25th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Merry Christmas All! Hope you are having a great day!!
Old December 25th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Merry Christmas people! Hope everyone is well and got what they wanted.
Old December 25th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Always room for one more

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old December 25th, 2013, 07:16 PM
GM Enthusiast

Merry Christmas! We got lucky this year, it snowed last night so this was one of the rare years we had a white Christmas. Hope you all enjoyed the day and got your stockings filled with great gifts from Santa.

Last edited by OLD SKL 69; December 25th, 2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old December 26th, 2013, 01:15 AM

Late Merry Christmas everyone hope you all got lots of stuff you wanted

Sandy, keep an eye out in the post. You can expect a parcel from us and there is a little something in there you might want to give Nicole that hopefully will put a smile on her dial

Sorry to hear about Tor Clint. Hope she can get some better news soon.

Night everyone,

Adrian
Old December 26th, 2013, 03:06 AM
CQR

Good mornin all.

Welp. we made it thru. No bail money needed so I guess its another successful Christmas.

Hope everyone had a good day.
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:55 AM

Mawn'in all

Originally Posted by CQR
Good mornin all.

Welp. we made it thru. No bail money needed so I guess its another successful Christmas.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Amen Clint

Years ago a guy gave me a lift outa a gas station he remodeled. It's been sitting in his barn waiting for me to build a BIG shop. Wouldn't ya know it, he sold his property in de mountains an now, I gotta go get the thing and store it until I have enough dough to build a shop.

Unfortunately de squirels ate de wiring off my 20" trailer so I gotta get dat redone before I head norte.

Welp GTG get sum'in done

Have a great Day Olds friends
Old December 26th, 2013, 06:44 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

A bit warmer today after a chilly Christmas, we didn't make it above the 40's. We are supposed to see the high 50's.

Overall we had a great Christmas and everyone got something nice

Jamesbo if'n ya can't find a spot for the lift, I've got room

Have a wonderful day all
Old December 26th, 2013, 06:59 AM

Scot, Dis puppy is one ya gotta dig a hole and put de cylinder in de ground
Old December 26th, 2013, 07:05 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Oh darn

Anywho the slab in my center bay has reinforced (thicker) concrete for the other type
Old December 26th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All! Happy Thursday that seems like Monday!

Snowing and blowing here but temps are around 30. Highest we've been for a while. It was around 18 the last 3-4 days. We're getting lake effect snow but its supposed to stop later.

We survived Christmas. Jr and his peeps didn't show up until 1:30ish. So we had to eat first since dinner was just about ready, then we opened stuff. Larry liked the beard trimmer thing Nicole got him and even hugged her! Nicole was so happy to open the gas card he got her! Larry got me a nice Bose radio for in the kitchen cause my old little one was starting to crap out. He got me the gray plastic things that go on the outside of Tincanios door windows so I can have the windows down some when it's raining and the rain won't come in. I've been wanting those.

He says next year we're not gonna be here at Christmas cause its just too stressful. He got all irritated at Jr earlier yesterday morning when Jr called which was lovely. But its over for another year....

Nicole and I had fun up at Lins on Christmas eve with Jean and Diane. We opened our stuff and ate and laughed. Got lots of gift cards.

Adrian... you shouldn't have sent anything!! That's so nice of you all.

It's quiet in here without Brian. He'll be back on the 2nd. Phones are quiet. I think a lot of places close down this week.

I have to leave at noon and go to the shop to get Larry and we have to be at Dr. Rehmus' office at 2:00. I really don't want to talk about chemo. This just sucks... hopefully I can make it back to work this afternoon.

Well glad you all survived the holiday and I'll talk to you later on. Have a good one.
Old December 26th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Captain Starfire

Jes a quick check-in -- happy "day after Christmas" to all.... Unfortunately, I was too busy cooking & eating yesterday to even turn on the computer . Hope everybody survived; weather's gorgeous in the mountains, but a bit chilly -- relatively speaking.

Continued Christmas blessings to all my Oldsmobuddies...
Old December 26th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I'd say yesterday was a success. Slept most of the day, opened the presents my Mom sent us, then went to work and had a light airplane.

Sandy you didn't say where you're going to be next Christmas. On a cruise? Skiing?

Jamesbo that lift sounds excellent. Plant the lift then build the shop around it. We had a lift like that in the auto shop in high school.

Well time for work. Oddly shaped week and now the weekend is almost upon us. Cool. Have a good night everyone.
Old December 26th, 2013, 08:00 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. A little warmer here today, back over freezing so most of the snow melted. Decided to not go shopping today and deal with the crowds. Nice to have a quiet day for once.

Hope you all enjoyed family time and good food. I know I ate too much, especially dessert.

Have a great night Oldsmofriends!
Old December 27th, 2013, 04:10 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, hope you have a light plane every night til new years.

Sandy, My dad bailed on us for xmas for the same reason. 'Too stressful' I don't understand it. but oh, well.

Jamesbo, you be careful about who you let know about that lift. The greenieweenies up here would have a conniption. I don't believe they are allowed doe to the fact that they can leak and put petroleum in the ground (which is where it came from to begin with)

I spent a lot of yesterday trying to get the new plow truck on the street legally. It needs new tires and a muffler, but has lots more go than my old 300k mile carbed truck.

Have a day all.

This is kinda fun to watch.

Last edited by CQR; December 27th, 2013 at 04:34 AM.
Old December 27th, 2013, 05:12 AM

Mawn'in

Clint,

My plan [like so many other plans] didn’t work out. I have a building in de mountains dat fell in years ago but de ½ basement is still there. I was gonna rebuild it into a shop and put de lift in de half basement portion.

Speaking of “greenie weenies” remember when all the ole county stores used to be right up on de road and had gas pumps right at de curb. I have personally witnessed de good ole phone company laying cable and rip up de old gas lines [de store had long since caved in] And not stop to say Howdy. Wonder how many ole gas tanks are either covered with asphalt or torn up and buried

Sandy, How ya feel’in

John, A fella give me 2 cast iron corn stick makers and an Extra large frying pan. Dat plus de large one I had fer ya would make a good start to replacing your hurricane damaged set. I’ve got sum small ones also but never had any use fer dem. If ya want sum small ones also jes let me know

Have a great day Olds friends
Old December 27th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all....

Right at freezin in da' hills; didn't get quite as chilly last nite as the previous few nites. Spose to get up to right about 50 today. Maybe if the spirit moves me, I'll actually wash the Fusion....

Sandy, I'm happy to hear that Christmas was at least partially salvaged for you guys; warms my heart that Richard became Larry for a while...

Clint, neat video! I think I had seen some video of that camper-top P/U ripping down the dragstrip, whoopin' everything in its path. You can hear that bullet-proof Turbo 400 doin' its thing.

Jamesbo, iffin' or when we rendezvous, jes one of each size pan would be fab...

Mike, glad all went according to plan w/ your Christmas social schedule and work. Be careful it never turns into a Festivus for the Rest of Us. .

Y'all have a great Friday, Oldsmobuds. I need to distract myself, as a severe case of GS fever has overtaken me, with this free time on my hands.
Old December 27th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Unfortunately de squirels ate de wiring off my 20" trailer so I gotta get dat redone before I head norte.
Jim, I tink ya got de rong size trayler bud. Lift will nevr fit on dat.

Clint - that was a funny pic of y'all in de hoosegow. Who got out first?

Yesterday was the first really nice day we had in a long time. Temps got up to 41°!! Yeehaw. Snow started melting but the melt froze overnight and the temps are headed back in the turlet.

Any of you take in the mayhem of Boxing Day sales? Not this cowboy....
Old December 27th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon All!

Clouds and sun here today and temps around 41!! supposed to be a warm weekend then cold again next week.

I had a good visit with Dr. Rehmus yesterday. It was encouraging and confusing, lol. She was reading the pathology report and she said I don't have triple negative cancer? She said it responded to estrogen some. So that's a good thing. I don't know exactly what I have now though. She ordered a test to be done on the tissue they already removed. It's supposed to help them know how to treat me. It's something to do with genes and the range they fall in. It's confusing of course.

She said I can go ahead and get the mastectomy and reconstruction surgery!! So I'm excited about that. She is in no hurry to start chemo which is good. I told her it would be good if she could give me the same drugs as last time. This test they're gonna do on the tissue tells them the recurrence chances I have of it coming back. If I'm getting the breasts off, I don't know why we have to worry about that, unless it's recurrence somewhere else...

They took blood of course, and she gave me a friggin flu shot. Told her I didn't want one, I've never had one. My arm is sore today from it. I have to get a chest x-ray done too. But my spirits are great today, I feel she gave me encouragement! If she would have been in a hurry to start chemo, I'd have been worried. That lady doesn't mess around!!

Plus there was a pair of beautiful Cardinals that flew under the tree outside her office and I watched them eat berries out there, and then the sun came out, so I took those things as positive signs.

Jamesbo..... thank you for the card! It cracked me up!! I love Maxine, lol.

Adrian.... thank you guys so much for the package! You're so nice and thoughtful. I didn't even get a card sent out to you all. I think I only sent like 4 cards, lol. My heart wasn't in it this year. Next year will be better.

I got a couple bills yesterday already. Cigna didn't pay Dr. Smith anything on one, they applied it to my deductible. Got one from the anestheisiologist too for $200. These are small compared to what this next surgery is gonna cost me!!!! Plastic surgeons aren't cheap....

Larry keeps telling me how much pain I'm going to be in, like I'm dumb or something... I finally told him to be quiet. Once I heal it will all be worth it to me!! I'm aware there will be a long recovery period involved.

I hate typing on this Kindle. I haven't been lugging my laptop around since the surgery. This thing acts crazy half the time... changes things around on me.

So..... Teepo is in Cruisin Times magazine again!!! Pam sent me the pic in a text message. This is the 3rd time shes been in there. I'm so proud of her. I really have to subscribe to the magazine, lol.

Well I better get off of here and get ready to go home. It's been a weird week. Have a good one!
Old December 27th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone.

Slept good today, looked like it was a nice day, too. Not quite as cold tonight, still 30s.

Sandy glad you got a good report at the doctor. It's rare these days when the doctor takes an interest in the patient, instead of just looking at a chart and breezing out the door.

John if I were to attend Festivus I would lose the Feats of Strength. Besides, I find tinsel distracting.

Tonight being Friday I fully expect to be there till the end. Eh, it all pays till 7. This is going to be a busy flying weekend so the planes shouldn't have too much heavy stuff scheduled. Nothing puts a black eye on the face of an airline like canceling flights over a holiday.

My neighbors just got back from Florida. They didn't tell their daughters they were going so they sent packages for Christmas, and the man called me almost every hour the whole week to see if the packages had come and if I'd bring them in. So now they are back and he's on the phone twice already asking when I'm bringing them over. I said, I'll be there in a little while I'm getting ready for work. Sheesh. Clint I liked your speculation about the Thanksgiving Walmart and Christmas mail.

And with that I depart. Hope everyone has a good night and good weekend.
Old December 27th, 2013, 06:43 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Warmer and sunny today, made it up to 40. Did not get outside too much as it was toy assembly day. My son got a 5 level car garage and it took me about an hour and a half to assemble and put about 50 stickers on it. Geez, could they make it any more fun?

On another note, I bought a new tv cabinet and it was delivered today. It was advertised as "Made in USA" and wouldn't you know it showed up here today in a big box with "Made in China" in big letters on it. It is a nice piece but so much for truth in advertising.

Sandy - glad to hear you got a good report from your doctor. BTW, there's a Walking Dead marathon on AMC on New Years Eve and Day. Showing everything from the first episode on.

Clint - great video. Love some of those sleepers, especially the Caravan!

Well, have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old December 28th, 2013, 03:04 AM

Mawn'in

Worm

Nutt'in new down ere. Jes been play'in in de kitchen

John, I may have ta be an indian giver on de corn bread stick thingys. I figured it out. Ya need 2 cause de recipe dat fills 2 calls fer 1 egg an I can't figger out how to half an egg They're a female dog to clean anywho so I'm really doing ya a favor.

Does dis remind ya of anyone?
Old December 28th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Some night at work. I did exactly three things to the airplane and then sat around all night waiting on a couple other guys to finish installing a rudder limiter. Got home around 5, got to bed at 6, decided at 630 I wasn't tired and got up. Now a quick trip to the Awful house and I'm going to the credit union to see about buying a tractor.

Not bad here right now, just under 40, but rain is coming. It will screw up my entire time off by making everything a muddy mess. I'm going to make the best of it, I feel exhilarated. Don't know why but I won't turn it down.

Off I go. Have a great day everyone.
Old December 28th, 2013, 05:10 AM

Mike, What kinda tractor ya look'in fer?
Old December 28th, 2013, 06:55 AM

Note to self

Always be careful rummaging around in the kitchen drawer that has the mandoline stored it it
Old December 28th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Always room for one more

I found me a backhoe. Saw a Cub Cadet with a backhoe and front loader, was a small one with about a 20 horse motor for 8K. Nice and compact but wasn't sure it would be up to what I'd ask of it. Yesterday found a Ford 4500 for about half that. It's in South Carolina and the guy will deliver it.

I'm pretty sure this guy won't have any trouble selling this thing, and I'm going to take money to buy it so I have the added thrill of trying to get the credit union all up to speed and then convince this guy to take a bank check from an out of town guy he has to drive two hours to see. Well I'm going to give it my best shot anyway.

What kitchen drawer is big enough to have a mandoline in it, and why would you put it there?
Old December 28th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Always room for one more

Oh, haha I get it, I was thinking musical instrument. Now your fingers are julienne.
Old December 28th, 2013, 10:23 AM

Morning all, still hot here but I'm sure most of you would happily swap with me

That's encouraging news Sandy, lets hope it keeps coming. Your welcome too

I know how you feel Darrell, if you can find something not build in china you are doing alright

Good luck getting that lift moved Jamesbo. I'm sure she will be a beaut when she is installed wherever that happens to be

Hope you get that tractor you want Mike, I would sure like one

Time for work, have a good night Oldsbomates,

Adrian
Old December 28th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Had a beautiful day here today with sun and 51 degrees! Rain coming tomorrow then cold again. I saw out in the flowerbed today that the daffodils are starting to come up! Guess mother nature knows what she's doing, lol.

I spent the day outside taking down the Christmas decorations and enjoying the sun. Schleped some stuff back out to the garage, but have most of the containers still in the breezeway until I take down the tree and un-decorate here inside. I usually leave the stuff up till New Years, but wanted to take advantage of the warm weather. I washed all the Christmas throw rugs so I can get them put away, and did the tablecloth and kitchen towels. I should have started Teepo. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

When Larry got home from the shop we went and got something to eat, then went to the Streetsboro Wal Mart. I got a few new yard signs and decorations for 50% off. We were at the Stow Wal Mart last night, but everything was pretty well picked over and not a lot left.

That was about the extent of my day. Not real exciting.

Darrell.... Yeah I saw that TWD marathon is gonna be on. I wanted to watch it, but Jr. got Larry the box set of Homeland and he wants to watch that. Hope it's good, lol.

Adrian... when is the baby due?

Well I'm gonna get ready for bed so I reckon I'll talk to you all later...
Old December 28th, 2013, 08:54 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Felt like spring here today, sunny and 54. All the snow is gone, well at least for a few days anyway.

Did some brakes today and an oil change. Realized I was out of grease for my grease gun and went up to the store. Before I made the right turn at the light, I saw a flash go off and realized the bastards stuck a red light camera right at this intersection. I stopped but the flash went off twice so it makes me wonder if I am going to get a ticket. Oh well.

Adrian - when is your wife due? Do you know what the sex is?

Sandy - I give you credit for taking down the decorations already. The little people in my house would protest if I tried to do that now.

Well have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old December 29th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Always room for one more

Worm. Could have been a bigger worm, my girl had gotten up on the bed with me and around 430 started having the I'm running in a field dream, kicking her legs and waking me up. Couldn't get back to sleep so finally decided to get going for the day. My sleep schedule is all messed up, mainly from being on midnight shift for most of the last 20 years, but also because I thought I could stay up yesterday after work which only resulted in a three hour nap late in the afternoon.

Darrell I hate those cameras! The ONLY reason they are there is revenue enhancement. In fact, the company that owns the equipment(it is leased to the municipality) has an agreement that spells out how long the yellow light will stay on, and if the municipality wants to make it longer the company won't allow it because they get a percentage of every ticket that's written because of the cameras.

Several years ago I was up home and started back for Georgia in the middle of the night. I took surface roads to get to the interstate and of course had to stop for every red light even though I was the only car on the road. There were traffic cameras the whole way to the interstate. What I would notice is the camera would flash as soon as I stopped. What I figured out later was I was pulling up and tripping the sensor. So these cameras sent about a dozen pictures of an empty intersection.

Sandy I didn't decorate at all. I only had one picture out, of me with my dog at my neighbors' house years ago. They were both dog lovers and liked my Max so they invited us both to a Christmas gathering. She took a picture of us and put it in a snow man frame. I couldn't find my mini ceramic light up tree or I would have had that out, too.

I didn't make it to the credit union yesterday but I did talk to the guy with the backhoe and I'm driving up to have a look this afternoon. He didn't seem too phased about the credit union drama so I hope this works out.

Okay off to Awful house. My friend Robert brought tamale's home from his mother's in Florida and he said he'd bring them in today. I've never had a tamale. Might shake up the Awful house a little.

Have a great Sunday all. I'll let you know how it goes with the backhoe.
Old December 29th, 2013, 04:36 AM

What? never had a tamale? I love dem

Whilst I'm fiddle phart'in round in de mountains with dis lift,Donny went by de house and got my drop top. Bless his heart, He'll fix dem winders right [as opposed to me screw'in round and 1/2 a$$ doing it.] He called me las nite and said one of de rollers was busted. I hope Fusick's got em.

Ya know, its really amazing how much de tip of your finger can bleed when ya grab holt to a mandoline by accident. I decided to wrap de sucker in a plastic baggie to prevent further damage to my potential career as a concert violinist

Ok pop quiz time. How long has it been since I smacked whitey round?
[Jes wanted yo see who was paying attention]
Old December 29th, 2013, 06:54 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike that tractor sounds like fun.

Jamesbo, I do believe its been since before the demise of the Burban since you played. Correct?

Allan, I don't remember who got out first, But the missus won and I went out first.

Snowed bout 3" last night. Makes me a little crabby, but I'll need to get out there and shovel.

Have a day all.
Old December 29th, 2013, 07:57 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Cloudy today after raining most of yesterday. Should warm up slightly to around the mid 60's

Mike here is a bit of reading for ya. http://tucker.patch.com/groups/polic...in-2013-tucker

Jamesbo I'd venture to say it has been a bit over a month since smashing the little dimpled wonder around

Whelp have a great day all
Old December 29th, 2013, 10:24 AM

Morning all, got up to 102 yesterday so over this heat.

Tink is due on Jan 15th Sandy and Darrell and by all accounts it looks like we are having another girl but there is only one way to be 100% I am not looking forward to being the only guy in the house

Time for work again, take care Oldsmomates

Adrian
Old December 29th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Always room for one more

Welp, I called the guy and said, are we still on for today? And he said, oh someone who called right before you yesterday is coming to look at the tractor at 130. I'll call you later. So then he calls and said this guy bought it. Nice. It would have been nice if he'd mentioned that little fact yesterday when we were making plans.

Scot I didn't know the Awful house was so newsworthy.

Adrian you're the only guy in the house now.

Jamesbo you gonna tell us?

See ya's.
Old December 29th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

We had rain most of the day and temps in the 40's. It cleared up around 4:30 and had a little sun and the temps started dropping.

I took the tree down today and Larry helped me carry all the containers out to the garage. I spent a few hours out there putting them all back. I dug out all the metal lighted deer we have up there and plugged them in, and 6 of them have lights out. I put them in a pile for Larry to throw away. There are only 3 that still have all the lights working. They are so old now, It's not worth the frustration of figuring out the burned out lights. They s hould have made them if one light burns out, the rest stay lit.

I got the living room vaccumed after getting the tree and stuff out of here. There was glitter all over the carpet. Swept the kitchen floor too. Got the laundry done. Put another tablecloth on the table and dusted in the living room. Brought back out all the regular stuff that goes in the living room. I changed the curtains in the dining room too. Then I went out and swept out the breezeway and put down the new rugs out there. It's nice not to have all those containers out there anymore. Done until next fall!

Nicole went to Columbus again. She'll be back tomorrow night.

Adrian... another girl, huh? Maybe they just can't tell. I feel for you being the only male, lol. Send me some of that heat, would you?

It's probably going to be quiet and boring at work tomorrow. I imagine we'll get out early on Tuesday. I might go over and see Bob if we do. He got me something for Christmas he said.

Well I better get off of here, so I'll talk to ya tomorrow. Have a good night all.
Old December 30th, 2013, 04:15 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

As I type it looks like I'll be eating worm, but I'm thinking Jamesbo may be typing faster than me.

Sandy, I hope your day is busier than expected, I've got to head into the shop today and do returns and deposits, I'm gonna try to make it to the office store and get stocked up for next year.

I already bought a new(er) alignment machine that should be delivered after the first. Anyone want to buy and old G111 for their personal use? It was just calibrated about 2 months ago.

Mike sorry to hear the guy sold the tractor. You know another will come along.

Adrian, Mikes right. I think you need to buy lots of male pets to keep the estrogen levels at bay.

Darrell, there are lots of those cameras around here. Here in Colorado, if they send it in the mail, there is no need to respond, but if someone (an officer) hand delivers it then you have to pay it or go to court. That reminds me, I don't think we send a check for that toll in Chicago that was closed when we went thru. Uh Oh, looks like Brit and I are on the lamb.

Have a great day all.