The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Captain Starfire

Back to the real (?) world

Hopefully, the salt mine won't be "real" too much longer.... after retirement, i.e.

Hope everybody's dealin' with the cold (most places) and snow (northern friends) as well as can be expected. It was 22* when we left Hiawassee yesterday morning, and it stayed pretty much in the 20s through GA.

But after seeing that picture Designer (Paul?) posted, gol dern.... I'm grateful for just nippy.

It's spose 2 B rainy and mild today and tomorrow here, then the big chill. We'll see. Had a few drops on the way in to the South Shore this morning; but was 47 at the Plantation.

Had a great week in God's country. I took a bunch of pic's from one of our little mountain hikes I'll try to post later this morning. Last week could have been a study case on just how fast a week can go by.... and what a speedy disappearing act one turkey can perform....

Clint, what a cute guy! (I don't get a chance to say that too often.) How can your Dad not fall in love instantly?! Hope the new fido works out well for your everybody.

And speaking of working out well, Yota seems to be thriving in her new home. Turns out my wife's friend heard from the guy she initially had in mind for the urchin..... and he wanted her! So after two days of no sleep, "friend" gave her to "rightful owner"! "Rightful owner" actually works at a pet store and is a big "fish" guy.... we're hoping little Yota doesn't get too aggressive with that aquarium!! (See thumbnail below.) So far, so good.
Other pics are from 2 weeks ago when we had her living out on our screened-in porch-patio.

Jamesbo, hope you do better today than last time of smackin' the ol' Titleist, Jamesbo.

Sounds like a nice trip, Mike. Wish I could have seen all those cars. Not having seen many Oldses makes me appreciate mine more.

Sandy, that's a beautiful bird you snapped; we used to see them in N. Michigan when we used to go up there every summer. And good shot, too; it ain't always easy gettin' them.

Y'all have a great Cyber Monday! Don't let the boss catch you.....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; November 26th, 2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Add pic of Yota
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Walk With Me As I Get Older

I hope this poem has the same effect on you as it did on me - then my forwarding it will be worth the effort. Walk with me by the water - worth the read...

A BEAUTIFUL POEM ABOUT GROWING OLDER:

NUTS!!! I forgot the words........
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It was nice here today. Sunny and in the 40's. We have a chance of a little snow tonight but sun by noon tomorrow, they said. I don't like that picture, Paul!! I hate the snow....

Got the carpets cleaned this morning. They look much better, I think. Went to my doctor appt., got the oil changed in Tincanio, and was home by 4:30. There were still things I wanted to do, but didn't get around to it. Back to work tomorrow.

Larry is all fired up - been watching Fox news and all the talk of raising taxes for those that make $250,000 and over.... unfortunately we fall in that catagory. We paid $21,000 for last year, hard to say what it will go up to this year. He's being anti Christmas now, which is depressing. I understand though.

I didn't do any cyber Monday shopping today. I'm not buying a whole lot this year. I already told everyone. I don't want anything, but I'm sure others will get me stuff

Clint... that's such a cute dog! I'm sure your dad will love him!

John..... Yota is a pretty cat! I hope the new house works out for her.

Well I guess I'll get off of here and watch some TV. Have a great evening all.
Old November 26th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

What a beautiful day. Hope Jamesbo did okay on the golf course.

Had to go redo the cover on my neighbor's boat. It's a big elastic tarp thing that really should be put on when the boat is on the trailer, not on the water. I can only get to part of the boat, so I'm hanging over the edges trying to get it all covered. I can't get it very well so that's why I have to keep doing it. Oh well.

Got some yardwork done today and a little house cleaning. The dogs were so glad to get home and they've stuck close to me all afternoon. They are now flaked out on their couches.

Sandy, Larry needs a new accountant. He should be finding ways to get around(legally) paying so much tax. Larry's job is to contribute to the tax base, not totally fund it!

John glad you had a good time in God's country. I'm not sure where Hiawassee is, but it's obviously far, far away from the Georgia that I live in.

Allan you really did pare down the humor thread. It went from seven pages down to one. Someone must have been -really- offended.

Well I think I'll settle in to the wood stove going and home improvement TV. Awful house in the morning and a few errands and another pretty day. Have a good night everyone.
Old November 26th, 2012, 07:05 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by car_designer
Good Evening Everyone.

There were also the 2 Tony's that posted in this thread.

Well Allan, I had my first snow driving experience for the winter of 2012/13. My Dad and I went down to NY state to pick up some parts for his Ram we are working on. The weather was nice in Ottawa, and in the 2 towns we went to, but in between I had to deal with driving in this.

I saw half a dozen cars in the ditch. At one point, the 2 cars in front of me both started sliding and the closer one got almost sideways trying to avoid the first. I am glad I was leaving a BIG space in front of me.

Sandy, if there was any snow falling at all, they are better with the salt than here. They have been salting the roads here for a week or 2 and have not had much rain let alone any snow.
Nice picture. That reminds me of when I lived up in that area of upstate NY. Got to love that lake effect snow.

Well, most things are back to normal around here. Gas prices are still higher than they should be but at least back in stock. Gas rationing ended last friday.

Still some people here without power, but I think most of those homes are just uninhabitable.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old November 26th, 2012, 07:19 PM

Afternoon everybody, been a while hasn't it

Sorry to hear about your cat Allan, always sad to loose a family pet

Glad to see everyone is still kicking around

Well Mike I am still not gonna tell you what the car is yet but I will show you all a few picks of my progress, it seems to be taking a while to get this thing on the road

I will be glad when this car is on the road. We love driving the Olds but at $400 a fortnight it is getting expensive Will also have more time to get on here so that will be good too

I also have had to do some work on the Olds as well. The gas pickup and return lines in the tank had broken loose (solder broke) so I had to drop the tank and fix that Didn't help too much with the gas usage either which I thought it would

Time for an afternoon kip I think, just got home from Minettes school swimming carnival. She had her graduation last Tuesday night which was very nice. After school Min is learning highland dancing and at her graduation she got up in front of the whole school and did a little dance with the other girls, so proud of her. I wouldn't have had the guts to do it

Let me know what you think of the pics Mike, you may even be able to guess what it is but I didn't make it too easy hehehe

Talk soon

Adrian
Old November 26th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening everyone.

Purty quiet here today. Only thing exciting was watching the price of gas go up 30¢/gal. Maybe I should buy gas on line or something??? It never seems to be on the shelf on Black Friday... sheesh.

Jamesbo - y'all c'mon up fer nex mundy. Den ya can play whack pinky or sumpin. Jess y'all woodn find whitey or even a whackin course dat's open dis time o year.

Mike - that was just the XI Humor thread. There are others. Good to hear the pups are happy to be back. I'm sure they'll like you awake in time for AH. Nothing like a cosy fireplace and some relaxing TV. Crack open a cold one and enjoy!

Sandy - 250,000.00+??? Really. You braggin? The American median family income for 2011 was only 63K, and the trending statistics show it will be even lower in 2012.

John - Yota is a very pretty little cat. Loved the pic of her by the fishing rod and fish tank. So retirement is not far away? It doesn't take long to get the taste of salt out of your system. I think you'll like it! What's 'soon'??

Clint - Thread, thread, thread, thread, tread, thread, thread, tread, thread..... did you spot it??
Old November 26th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Adrian, I have no idea what it is besides an older model 4 dr sedan? But the steering wheel and pedals are just plumb on the wrong side! How about a picture hint of what it is. It'll keep Mike up all night wondering if you don't

Nice job on the welding and carpet install.
Old November 26th, 2012, 07:44 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

Good to see you again Adrian. Looks like you are making good progress on your car.

Darrell, I've never fully understand the area referred to as upstate NY. Were you near I-81 at all?

Sorry about the picture Sandy. As punishment, the snow has finally arrived in town here. Well, only have to deal with it until March

Bowling tonite, all 3 games above average. Always good when that happens
Old November 26th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Paul, I enjoyed your picture. Looks so fresh and and white. Whattaya mean only till March? We're planning on having it outta here by end of February, even if I have to load it on CN and ship it to ya!

Good to hear your bowling is 'above average'. For me that would be around, ummm 110?
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:18 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by car_designer
Good Evening Everyone.

Darrell, I've never fully understand the area referred to as upstate NY. Were you near I-81 at all?

I'm on Long Island now so for us, anywhere north of NYC is upstate NY. I used to live about 60 miles west of I-81 in the Finger Lakes area. It was really nice living there except that my job was eliminated so we had to leave.
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Always room for one more

Good to hear from you Adrian.

The pictures don't help me figure out what the car is. If I remember right the hint was it was an American car that wasn't built in America? Absolutely nothing looks familiar to me, but my guess would be an Anglia. Whatever it is your work looks top notch.

Paul only March? I remember my days in Chicago we'd have winter well into April sometimes, and I can remember a time or two snow in May.

Well the stove has burned down and I don't feel like going out to get more wood. So I really will sign off for the evening, and hit the sack. Nighty night.
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:48 PM

The only hint I gave from memory was it is small and was built in 62, didn't say it was american Sleep well Mike
Old November 26th, 2012, 11:00 PM

Larry is all fired up - been watching Fox news and all the talk of raising taxes for those that make $250,000 and over.... unfortunately we fall in that catagory. We paid $21,000 for last year, hard to say what it will go up to this year.
That's LOW! around 8 1/2 %. My total federal tax is 18%, if I include my State and city taxes, it climbs to 22 1/2 %, nothing to get fired up about. Consider yourself lucky.
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:28 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Allan, Hows them new shoes treatin you? Do you carry an average or a handicap in Curling?

Originally Posted by Allan R
Oh yeah! Before I forget, How's EARL???
He's crabby and doesn't think too highly of winter either. 17F this morning and Ozzy (dads new dog) wasn't real happy being that close to the frosty grass this morning. He's goin up to Dads today. he's a neat little guy. snoozin on my lap as I type.

As far as the typo, someone has to keep you in line

Paul, sounds like you are hitting the next level. My average has increased from 140 to 158 since the start of the season, I don't know why, but something has just clicked.

Sandy, Hope work is good for you today.

Adrian, You've made me google more terms today than Jamesbo I enjoy learning the language. How much is Petrol in your area? Or Is Gasoline the more common term as they used in Mad max? And How much do you Drive??? Looks like the mystery car is coming right along.

John, I believe Yota is getting some mixed signals. Who puts a fishing pole next to a fish tank?

Have a great Tuesday all.
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:33 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite dank wit a little drizzle dis mawn'in.

Played pretty good yesterday fer an ole phart 43/42

Adrian, Glad your'e back wit us and vertical but I ain't gotta clue what kinda car dat is.

Anyone remember de joke 'bout de British Siamese twins going on vacation in America every year?

Sandy, Can I borry sum Money? I'm Baroque.

Mike, Hiawassee is up in de NE Gawga mountain an is beautiful Ya really oughta get out of de Awful house sum day and quit fly'in round de world and drive sum whr closer.

Allan, Zorry, I don't do cold, wet and snow. Y'all can keep it. De pics ar bad enough.

Enjoy de day Olds Friends
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Captain Starfire

Sloppy drive in to the salt mine this morning

Mild temps, but spose to chill off after all this nasty stuff ships out.

Thanks, Sandy. She seems to be doing pretty good. And I agree, she really is a pretty little thing; cool markings, and a very curious looking face. Daria worked hard on her for 3 weeks to get her used to being around folks; she was terrified when she found us (!). And it didn't help that we had to trap her to finally get a hold of her.
But she made good, steady progress ... and by the end, she was a lap-hound.
Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Evening All!
John..... Yota is a pretty cat! I hope the new house works out for her.
Look it up on the map, Mike. It's about as far north in the state as you can get; Towns County ... a stone's cast from the NC border.
I posted these pictures on Flickr yesterday to give a little flavor of the area (not for those who are difficult to entertain) -->

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64starfire/sets/72157632109708172/

Originally Posted by slantflat
John glad you had a good time in God's country. I'm not sure where Hiawassee is, but it's obviously far, far away from the Georgia that I live in.
So glad to hear that, Darrell ; we've all been waiting to hear that things are, in fact, improving and getting back to normal. I hope the winter has some mercy on you guys this year.
Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
Well, most things are back to normal around here. Gas prices are still higher than they should be but at least back in stock. Gas rationing ended last friday.
Still some people here without power, but I think most of those homes are just uninhabitable.
Allan, thanks; she's going to be a gem. As far as retirement, I guess it's different for everybody, but one thing we can say for sure is that the current situation of both us commuting to N.O. every day and working full time will be over at some point in the first half of '13. We actually could survive doing nothing, as far as generating income via labor; but one or both of us will likely work part time somewhere at some point to supplement, and it will be doing something like doing freelance work from home, which I did for 13 years before I went back into the workplace in '01. So in any case, we're gonna' have a lot more time to do the things we want to do beginning next year, if the Good Lord says the same.
And what you said about the salt: I know that's true!
Originally Posted by Allan R
John - Yota is a very pretty little cat. Loved the pic of her by the fishing rod and fish tank. So retirement is not far away? It doesn't take long to get the taste of salt out of your system. I think you'll like it! What's 'soon'??
Adrian, is it a '62 VW bus/van/pickup?
Originally Posted by Ausraven
Well Mike I am still not gonna tell you what the car is yet but I will show you all a few picks of my progress, it seems to be taking a while to get this thing on the road
Adrian
Y'all have a great Tuesday, Oldsmofriends.
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Had a dusting of light snow this morning, but it's sunny now. Only gonna be in the 30's all day though.

Adrian! Welcome back, lol. About time......

Well I'd sure like to have some of that $250,000 we make. I don't know where it is. Oh yeah, it's in the machines sitting at the shop, paying insurance and paychecks to the employees, workers comp, uniforms, building payments, utilities, etc..... It sucks that the accountant bundles our personal and the business taxes together. I agree we need a new accountant - they should be looking for loop holes for us. I don't know. Larry just gets irritated when I suggest anything, so I usually keep my mouth shut and listen to him complain.... If we had all the money the gubment thinks we do, my a$$ wouldn't be sitting here at work every day, Teepo would have a frame off and new interior, the house would be paid off, the building paid off, all Larry's credit cards paid off, my medical bills paid off, etc..... It is what it is.

It's quiet in here of course. No phone calls at all yet this morning.

Darryl.... it's good to hear things are improving for you folks over on the right coast. It sure is a slow go...

Jamesbo... I forgot to tell ya I made your 'tomato hamburger soup' on Saturday! It was delicious. I brought leftover for lunch today. I be lovin it!!

Well you all have a great day!!
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning all!

Cool and overcast right now, but the rain we were supposed to get today came last night, so I hope it's done with.

John that is beauty. I'd trade living on this puddle for something like that any day. The commute would be a bear, though. I looked up Hiawassee, you're about two hours from me.

Adrian I been thinking, no didn't stay up all night. I too think it looks Volkswagen, but I couldn't venture a guess as to what model. The door links look like the ones on my Bus. I can't quite make out the crest on the steering wheel...

Darrell with everything getting back to normal what keeps the gas prices high? Greed? Problems with the refinery? At least everyone is mobile now.

Okay time for Awful house. Then I might head over to Hobby Lobby. They have plastic model cars on sale. I've built hundreds over the years, but I need a place to put them all up. I hope they have some new ones.

Have a great day everyone.
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:31 AM

Morning all, still dark out so lets hope it is a nice day and it doesn't get too hot

Good to be back peeps We actually use the term fuel Clint and we call it a servo station where you fill up

Thanks for the nice comments on the old girl but it is not a vw and I wouldn't look too hard at the steering wheel Mike as it is an after market one

Sandy, ever heard the saying "I work too hard to be this broke"?

Good to hear the east coast is getting back to normal again. You guys sure got a battering. At least we know not to annoy Sandy too much now

Well one last clue before I go to work, the car is Australian built

Have a good day olds friends

Adrian
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:36 AM

Cortina?????
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Always room for one more

I was going to say Cortina, Jamesbo, but I couldn't find any pictures of a 4 door Cortina. The steering wheel I was looking at was the black one in the first picture, which is different than the wood looking one in the last picture. It will probably be one of those hand hitting the forehead moments when we finally find out.

So I sat next to Navy Bill today at the Awful house. He's about 100 years old and has survived everything from heart attacks to double pneumonia to brain cancer. He always has plenty of stories to tell. Good way to spend breakfast.

The rain started up again, not a lot just misting. I didn't run my errands this morning so I might go out later this afternoon. All my firewood is wet so I need to figure something out to get the stove going for tonight.

Edit: Okay found pictures of a 4 door Cortina. Don't think that's it.

Last edited by slantflat; November 27th, 2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old November 27th, 2012, 11:43 AM
CQR

Looking at the switch layout on the right side of the column, It sure resembles a Holden EJ, or possibly an EK if its a wagon.

Old November 27th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well I'm in Dr. Cha ching Banks waiting room. Looks like 4 others ahead of me. I tell ya you couldn't pay me enough to drive towards Cleveland every day in all this traffic!!!!! I was a nervous wreck by the time I got here. Going home will be worse. It was just solid headlights in that direction when I was driving here.

Sure hope he gives me a good report. I don't want to be having these scans every 3 months and such. I'd like to ask him about the tube being sore, but I'm afraid he'll want to go in and look at it, lol. I'll just mention that it's tender and see what he says.

Wish me luck!
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:57 PM

It does sort of look like a holdon but it can only carry 4 people

Good luck Sandy and I hope you get some good news.

Adrian
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:09 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slantflat
Darrell with everything getting back to normal what keeps the gas prices high? Greed? Problems with the refinery? At least everyone is mobile now.
Mike - Before the storm, oil was $85/barrel, regular gas here was $3.59. Today oil is about the same price as it was then but regular gas is $3.89. Not horrible gouging but it still sucks.

Sandy- I hear you about the businesses that make that much money and are some how demonized into sounding like they don't pay enough taxes. I have a friend who owns an auto parts store and the business makes 1.6 million a year. After he gets done paying all the loans/bills/salaries/22k a year property taxes, etc, he clears somewhere around 100k. Not a lot of money to pay for your home, 3 little kids, etc. (Especially around here) He does not know if the business is worth the time he is putting into it if the tax rates go up and cut into his salary further.

If he decides to hang in there, he told me the first thing he will do is lay off some employees. If that's indicative of what other businesses will do as well, it should really help the economy improve.
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Sandy I hope you got good news at the doctors this evening. Do we need to call out a hit on Dr. cha ching yet?

Darrell it doesn't seem like gas should be that high if oil is "only" 85/barrel. I think people are being a little opportunistic. Like I said, I'd bet that the guy gouging at his gas station is also complaining about high contractor rates to get his house fixed.

Adrian the only car left I can think of(that is mainstream) is the Chrysler Simca. And it doesn't look like a Simca to me. Will you tell us if we guess right?

Hm, we're on page 191. Not a good number if you're a Delta person, or an American person for that matter. We had two planes with that flight number tank, and American had one.

I found some dry firewood tonight so with a lot of cardboard got the stove going really hot, then put in some wet firewood and it dried right out. It's now 73* in here, and about 50 outside. Having this stove put in was one of my better ideas.

Well everyone have a good evening, I'm going to watch a little TV and when the fire goes out I'll head to bed. So until tomorrow.
Old November 28th, 2012, 04:40 AM
CQR

Good humpday morning all.

Mike 50F outside and a fire? You have some gumption. I don't usually try to smoke up the neighborhood until it gets down into the 20's.

It's back to being mild here again, spose to be 63F today and 70 this weekend. I'm gonna take the Missus out to the MX track with the Dirtbikes. We haven't tried out her new oversized fuel tank yet.

The kid is really getting some hours in... She left for work around midnight last night and probably will get home tonight around suppertime. Take a shower and off to bed again. I'm glad its not me doing that anymore.

Well, I had a customer come in last night and try to buy a rearview mirror adhesive kit, but her credit cards declined the $5.96 purchase. Good thing the economy is getting better.

Mike, I bet you can rattle off most of the bad flight numbers, can't you?

Adrian, how about anuther hint?

Was the Cortina Oz built or UK?

Sandy I hope they find your magic potion.

Well better go wash my *****. They need a good scrubbing before bowling tonight.

Have a great day all.
Old November 28th, 2012, 05:30 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda dank dis mawn'in but spose to warm up again.

Mike, I lit my stove yesterday too. Not because de temps were down but because it takes de dankness outa de house.

Adrian, Calf Rope............I give up.

Sandy, I hope everything is Ok. I'd hate to go thru anutter winter wit choo whin'in 'bout de weather and medical problems.

Scot, Are things look'in up fer you yet?

John, Nice pics. Why don't you and de Mrs. hit de AT sum time. When I was younger, I used to take de kids up dare all de time.

GREAT news. De closest thing I have to a son is on his way back from Afghanistan. Should be home in a day or 2. Den he [and his bride] have to go thru counseling. I think dat's spose to keep him from going postal.
Makes alot of sense to me. Send young American over to Timbucktoo to teach people who've been killl'in each other for a few thousand years how to fight, Then bring them home and counsel them on how to act.

Happy hump'in Olds friends.
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's partly sunny this morning, temps in the 20's right now. Heavy frost early. Supposed to be nice later on.

Thanks for the thoughts, all! I got good news from the reports of the renal scan!! It says my right kidney is now at "53% total renal function, left one is 47% of total". So my right one is putting out more fluid now then my left one! Must be cause of the stent making the tube bigger around. It says the right kidney is 'somewhat dilated' but that's nothing to worry about the doc said. (sure.....) Dr. cha ching Banks said I'm done with him!!!! Unless I need him in the future. I was happy... happy... happy! I asked him about the soreness of the tube now, and he said that's going to happen. The more physical work I do, the more it will hurt.... guess I'll live with it.

I'm going to have to look up what half the words on this report mean, so I understand what exactly they're talking about.

Darryl.... thanks. Tell your friend we feel his pain! It's a sad thing. It sure doesn't make you want to get up and go to work every day, that's for sure. Pay pay pay.....
We have 7 years to pay on the building, and are thankful that the doors are still open each day. People don't realize what it costs to run a business. Yes, we have "assets", but we have no friggin money, lol! If we had all the money the gubment thinks we have, Larry wouldn't be driving a rusted out 2001 pick up truck, the house would be paid off, the credit card debt would be paid down....... it sure would be nice. But some people are 'entitled', so off to work we go each morning. God help all of us. That's all I can say. He's the only one who can!

.....Send young American over to Timbucktoo to teach people who've been killl'in each other for a few thousand years how to fight, Then bring them home and counsel them on how to act.

Jamesbo.... that made me laugh, lol! Ain't that the truth? Our tax dollars at work. Nothing makes sense..... I'm glad to hear he's coming home. Is he done, or will he have to go back?

Clint.... hope you got your ***** all nice and clean, lol! Speaking of such, how's your *** doing?

Have a great day all!
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:15 AM

Sandy,

Unfortunately, he's a career soldier [ A major/airborne Ranger] He should be home for at least a year unless sum'thin crazy happens.
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Always room for one more

Morning everyone.

Jamesbo that is great news about your boy coming home. You'll have someone to golf with.

Sandy I'm glad everything looks good. Did you jump for joy when Dr. chaching said you didn't have to go back to him? Do you think that would have hurt his feelings?

Clint I can't really call out bad flight numbers, but when a number comes up it will sound familiar. 191 is a big one, that was the L1011 that crashed in Dallas. It was also Delta Connection that crashed in Lexington, KY(5191) and American's DC10 that crashed in Chicago in 1979. I remember that one quite well.

Adrian I had to go back and look and you didn't say it was an American car company but you did say it was built in Australia under license. Perhaps a Rambler? It seats more than four, though, but sleeps only two

If it's cold enough for the furnace to come on, it's cold enough for a fire. It was chilly in the house last night, and I had it up to 75* in here. Very toasty. I keep the furnace at 63.

Well it looks like it's trying to clear up, so I might get something done outside. My neighbor wants to go to breakfast, at 1130. He likes going to this diner. It's good eatin' and I'd probably go there instead of the Awful house, but I like the servers better at Awful house.

Great day to you all!
Old November 28th, 2012, 08:01 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by Ausraven
Let me know what you think of the pics Mike, you may even be able to guess what it is but I didn't make it too easy hehehe Adrian
Well for one , shifting with the left hand would be an issue for me , that's for sure ! .... as far as what kind of vehicle it is , you got me stumped . I was going to say some kind of panel truck , but the interior looks too small in the last photos .

edit ... He He , this is old news
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', Oldsmophiles

Was just a bit chilly here this morning... as the deep south goes, anyhoots ...46*; but at least it's dry now; spose to be another cool-down tonite to mid-to-low 30s.

Jamesbo, big congrats on the young-'un's return to civilization. You and S_Model must be delighted. Oh, & we've hiked on that one little leg of the AT ... I think it's between your place and ours, off Hwy. 75. Time's such a factor when we usually come up, we often opt for the trails right around the house, which are nice in themselves. We went to Jackrabbit Mountain, also, as I might have mentioned; it's pretty close and has excellent hiking trails.

One thing we really want to do is the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway train ride (from Blue Ridge, obviously). That's steadily moving up our "must do" list....

Any takers?

Great news, Sandy! So happy for you.... I'm sure Dr. Cha-Ching could take a joke if you wanted to high-5 him and do backward flips....

Mike, one of the saddest days in the history of Metro N.O. (after Katrina and Betsy, of course) was the crashing of Pan Am Flight 759 right near the Armstrong (then Moisant) airport in '82. Unfortunately, I remember it very well; there are still vacant lots in Kenner where the plane went down, right after takeoff.

But on a more cheery note, y'all have a great humpity-hump day, folks...

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; November 28th, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:39 AM

Morning all, got a decent amount of rain yesterday afternoon. Lets hope it has stopped so I don't get to wet on the way to work. Just looked outside, fair bit of fog so I will prob have to wear my wet weather gear

Great news Sandy! It's not too late for you to come stay here for winter if you want too We were around 85 yesterday until the rain started

Good news on your son Jamesbo, lets hope he is able to stay home for a while and have a well deserved rest.

Your right Mike it was built under license and in the late 60's nissan made a deal with the company so their new j15 engine would bolt straight into it no mods needed.

Off to work ya'll, have a great day

Adrian
Old November 29th, 2012, 04:34 AM
CQR

So Adrian, is it a Simca or Rambler?

Morning all. Allergies are terrible this morning. I guess we do need a little moisture to knock the dust down a bit.

I did well bowling last night. Bowled a 157, 232, and a 185. I had my first 6 pack.

John, Those are some nice photos. What is the elevation there?

Jamesbo congrats on the homecoming. Thank him deeply for his service. I do appreciate it.

Well, sounds like Dad and Ozzy are getting along ok. Ozzy met the neighbors Irish Wolf hounds, and let them know there was a new sheriff in town.

Well, I'm expecting a call that Junior is all packaged and ready to be picked up from the butcher.I think Monday would have been his 2 week anniversary for aging. It'll be nice to get that freezer full so it doesn't run soo much.

Sandy, Earls doin ok. he's starting grow some hair back in his bald patches, he still looks pretty rough tho. Good news about the filters. Glad they are doing well.

Darryl, I think that Stocks and futures should be outlawed. Along with many regs. Can't get too political, but dang it, its hard on the common man.

Have a great Thursday all.
Old November 29th, 2012, 04:56 AM

Mawn'in all

A little frost on de pumpkin dis mawn'in but spose to warm up later

Mike,

De said on de news dat sum Hartsfield employees been egg'in de Saints bus. John gonna be really P.O.d if your in on it. I hope you aren't in jail, De gonna miss ya at de Awful House.

John,

Vegas says, De Dirty birds are 3.5 favorite. I predict de gonna loose A-gain to de Saints.

Also, De Dawgs are spose to loose by 8 to Bama. I'll take Bama -10 IMHO De dawgs are gonna get their clock cleaned.

Ya know what de call "Safe Sex" in Alabama? When de raise de tail gate of the pick up.

Clint, Thanks and thanks so much for your kind offer during the fires out thar.

Scot, Give me a shout. I'm too stupid to figger out if ya meant Thursday er Friday.

Have a great day Olds Friends.
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:50 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin After The Hump All

I've got a bit of catching up to do. This thread hauls the mail

Yup Jamesbo it's today, I will be in Dumbwoody fer a spell. Looking on mapquest there seems to be a toll road if I go via Hot 'Lanta Audubon So I guess I'll jet around the Pascual Perez Breezeway aka 285 E and put the hammer down.

Anywho I hope everyone has a wondermous day
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:59 AM

Scot,

De toll road is Ga 400 a.k.a De Alpharetta Autobahn. But it ain't but 50 cents.

Ya can't takes I 285 but please don't do a Pascual Perez. [ Fer yous foreigners, I-285 is the perimeter hwy dat goes round Hotlanta. A baseball player named Pascual Perez once got on it and stayed on it like a Merry Go Round. Missed the Frigg'in baseball game]

Sum moron decide to mark I 285 East, West but IMHO if it goes in a circle it ain't ever going East nor West
Old November 29th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another cold crisp morning here. Temps in the 20's supposed to get up in the 40's later.

Well, we didn't win the powerball, so I'm at work. There is a 1 million $ ticket, a 2 million $ ticket, and a few $40,000 tickets here in Ohio, I'm hearing on the radio. But none of them belong to us....

Steve told us this morning that our Christmas dinner is gonna be on Dec. 15th at the Blue Canyon again. Same place as last year. That's Twinsburg's most fanciest place to eat. There are sooooo many other places where they could get drinks and spend the owner's money, and the food would be much better!!!! Larry and I are not nuts about the Canyon. They give ya like 5 hard green beans on the plate, and a little dollop of taters and you know.... all fancy looking like. Prices are unreal and I just don't think the food is that great for the price. Oh well, we're stuck with it. Steve loves the place.

The 15th is also Elyse's 3rd birthday (the grand daughter) so we have to go over there for her party. I have to find out what time it is, cause I don't remember. Brian is mad cause he told Steve that a weekend night was not good for him and his wife, and Steve chose Saturday.... whatevs.......

We're supposed to get in the 50's this weekend, so I'm gonna schlep down Christmas decorations. Don't think I'll get it all out. I'm gettin tired in my old age, lol. So many people have theirs up already - it looks pretty driving home from work in the dark, lol. We had such nice weather last week.

Scot... good luck getting to where ever you're going, lol. I hate traffic and freeways, and from Jamesbo's description, I wouldn't want to be on that highway!

Mike... I have on the one Olds shirt you sent me! I went in the bathroom and took a pic - which is not a very good one, I must say - so you could see the shirt. I'm not as good at taking self pics as Nicole is, that's for sure. I'm too shaky.

Have a great day all!