The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Always room for one more

Good evening everyone.

Pat, happy birthday to Mrs. Pat. Hope her day was a success.

I've got the wood stove going as well, it's a toasty 75* in here. Although my assignment for tomorrow is to cut some more firewood.

Allan thanks for the link. The filter that I bought came with lines attached to it. So imagine my surprise when the little filter I was expecting came in a 24 inch box. I'll run the car up on ramps and then watch your link a few more times. Shouldn't be that bad of a job.

At Awful house this morning I thought I'd try to healthy up the food, so I got my scattered smothered steamed. Talk about gross. I'll take my chances with the Lomelt.

Gonna be nice for several days. I have the truck home from work again so I can move stuff around. Hope gas goes down.

Last night at work I helped with a grease job on a 777. What a suckful job. The last guy to do this put all the screws in the panels in with an impact. So the job took three times as long because of having to drill out the screws or knock them out with a screw knocker. All this teatering on lifts 30 feet off the ground. It occurred to me driving home that in Vegas when you hit 7-7-7 you've hit the jackpot. Last night it seemed that my luck ran out. Eh, I have 108 hours all to myself.

I think I'll finish House Crashers then hit the sack. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 06:43 PM

Mother of all storms update

Well other than intermittent electrical outages and receiving about 38 inches of rain in 48 hours then putting up with 70 mile an hour winds we who live on top of the hill did considerable better than those who chose to live in the flat lands where it is still flooding.
All in all we did good, neighbor lost part of his deck when a tree fell on it just glancing off the side of his house, could have been much worse he was very lucky.Tuesday we are supposed receive another 4 or 5 inches but hell after 38 inches what is another 4 or 5.....Looking forward to summer....Tedd
Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:36 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to hit 72 today anutter Blue Bird day

Tedd I hope you an Pat don't get washed away out thar. Y'all be careful and safe.

Happy Berfday Mrs. Citcapp.

Mike, Ya know if ya cuts your own firewood, ya get warm twice.

Welp, I'm back on track wit my SEC predictions. Didn't beat the spread but de dogs lost jes de same. I'm gonna reserve my National Title predictions fer a while.

Welp, It's Monday so guess whar I'm headed?

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:47 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Tedd, Hope things dry out a little. Please feel free to send a little of that moisture to our high country, and I guess we could use a little down here too.

Mike, Sorry about the screws, But hey, fuel around here seems to be falling, I paid $3.99/gal yesterday for diesel. I haven't done that in a long time. Pretty sad state of affair, that I'm happy about that.

Pat, Happy belated to the Missus.

I took the Mrs to the MX track yesterday. It was a good time. She sure like that little dirtbike. And that makes me a happy guy. I think I'm gonna be sore for a day or 2. Gotta try to get back into shape after that 1 year Hiatus. Sure was easier when I was younger.

Allan, These people you keep naming, are they names near and dear to you or just the athletes at the top of their game in your sport?

Windy as heck this morning. Have a great day all.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:47 AM
Captain Starfire

Just Another Manic Monday

Always think of The Bangles on Mondays. Good tune... great album.

Very mild here this morning; was about 60 at the Plantation and close to same on South Shore (N.O.). Supposed to get near 80 today.... then rain tomorrow and Wed. a.m. and maybe drop a few degrees for rest of week.

The better half us going to see Mom in IL this weekend, so it's bachelorhood for me for a few days.

Jamesbo, don't whack Mr. Whitey too bad... need to reuse dem *****.

Tedd, glad you and neighbors survived the torrents... that stuff looks serious.... 38" of rain.... .... Lord love a duck Hope things get back to normal soon. But summer's a ways off -- we ain't even in winter yet...

Mike, O'Hare makes you feel as if you're in a self-contained city... seems so isolated from the outside world. But all the stuff I see still sez Hartsfield is da' busiest. See this and this Wiki pages. Me don't know..... me just look at stats....

Y'all have a great Monday, Olds friends.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Foggy and warm here, temps around 54 degrees. Supposed to hit the 60's today and some sun later...... we'll see! Very humid - lots of moisture in the air. It rained all day yesterday and was yucky. Warm, but yucky.

Brian called off sick today. It's a nice thing, lol. Tomorrow I'll have to hear him tell everyone he talks to what was the matter with him. Joy O Joy!!

Well it didn't take Larry long to start back in on Nicole. She was hanging with her black friend Tony, she went to school with him, and she was over at his house Saturday for a while and yesterday. He lives at home with his parents, works at Giant Eagle. When she came home last night, he got ugly with her about it. Hurt her feelings. She and Tony aren't 'doing anything' she says. They've known each other for years.... He asked me yesterday how I felt about having a 'black son-in-law'. I asked him if he never had a female who was just his friend. He said no he didn't. I had plenty of males who were just my friends. I don't know. He's sooooo narrow minded! He's always been racist, but since the election, My Lord has it gotten worse!! It's a sad thing. Oh well. Just had to vent.

I spent yesterday decorating the inside of the house. I don't have much Christmas spirit, but am going through the motions, lol. I have to take Lin shopping this week sometime.

Well not a lot going on, so you all have a great Monday!!
Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:41 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful sunny day today that's supposed to warm up nicely. If I golfed I'd be out with Jamesbo.

I think I'll go to the junkyard this morning. I haven't been in awhile and there's a couple odd pieces I need, like the lock arm for the back door on the blue van. After that I think I'll get some plugs for the Corvette. When you open its hood you can't see the plugs. I'll run it up on ramps and work from underneath. Maybe that will make it run better. I need to start working on my buddy who wants to buy it. There's a guy on here with a Rallye 350 I'd love to talk to, but without any cash to back me up it's all just smack.

So Sandy what is lacking in Larry's life that makes him so critical of others? Maybe it's just the holiday blues. Christmas hasn't been a good time of year for me for a long time.

Clint I know what you mean about feeling the effects of strenuous activity. I decided I need to drop a few so I started in with the Soloflex and walking around the lake. I got in it two days and had to take a break because I was so sore I could hardly move. I'll start back today and if I can't move afterward at least I don't have to go to work. Wish I had a hot tub. Of course then I'd never leave the house.

John, how I miss my native O'Hare. It is its own city. It has its own zip code. It has it's own post office. It has its own phone system. Before the mayor kicked the military out people even lived there. Once upon a time DFW said they were the busiest and all the data seemed to support it, until one day someone figured it out and all fact checkers said, oops, we were counting wrong.

Tedd glad you're still at the top! I can't imagine 38 inches of rain. Heck, the lake I live on is barely 38 inches deep in some spots.

Okay gonna hit the bricks. Hope everyone's week starts out well.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 07:19 AM

Good morning all

Well, went out and put some time in on the ark. With a little luck I will finish before the water gets to high. next we will load the animals and the Oldsmobiles. Gotta load the sewing machine as well to keep the wife happy. I'll pick up Tedd his animals Olds, etc as I float by. Should run out of water by the time we hit Jamsbo's place. Hope you have plenty of room Jamsbo
Old December 3rd, 2012, 09:52 AM
Captain Starfire

Northern Tool/Hydraulics

Well, they're really marketing to the masses now; I guess this makes their name change of about 10 years ago complete:

New Product

And just in time for Christmas, and the fireplace season!
Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hocus Pick!
It's almost 11:00 here and no one has posted on this thread??? Wow. I think winter hibernation has set in.

Pat - belated happy birthday to your young bride. Hope she never meets your old lady.

Adrian - you survive the bike ride?

100% on my curling predictions. Also won our own game last night. Watching all that curling and going to practices has really paid off.

Mike - you up yet?

EDIT: duhhh, I was on the wrong page.....

Last edited by Allan R; December 3rd, 2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everybody.

Well I got the fuel filter changed in the Saturn. It took me all afternoon. I fought for two hours with the clip that holds the bottom hose on, because it was inaccessible. For whatever reason my car didn't look like any of the videos I saw. All's well that ends well, though, and my advice to anyone with a Saturn is to call the guy that made the "it's so easy it will only take 10 minutes" video and have him do it for you.

Not much to write home about at the junkyard today. I did find 22 cents and the little bracket I needed cost me a whopping 78 cents.

John when I was in an electronics class someone put one of those under the teacher's desk before he came into the room. He was a boring, unfun, and stodgy guy. Needless to say he didn't find the humor in it being set off but the rest of us were rolling.

I've got Stacey David's Gearz on right now and they have in the shop a way cool looking 59 Olds wagon restomod. Too bad he isn't working on it; it's just a display.

Time for a snack. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 09:48 PM

Afternoon peoples, hot here with temps around 95 give or take a few

Happy belated Bday to Mrs citcapp, hope she had a great day.

Yeah the bike ride was ok but the roads we rode on were just terrible, lots of potholes and patchwork. Shouldn't be surprised that is how most roads are around here

I hope Larry calms down and leaves Nicole be. She has to learn from her own mistakes but having a "coloured" friend sure isn't one. Hang in there Sandy

Almost time to go to Min's highland dance class. Should be fun if I can find a fan or aircon to stand next too

How did whitey go today Jamesbo, was he a good boy and find the hole for you

Have a good day Olds friends

Adrian
Old December 4th, 2012, 04:50 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Well, its a bit nippy this morning. but still gonna be in the 50's and 60's all week.

Adrian, Highland Dance? as in the Scottish variety? That sure looks hard on ones feet.

Mike, What was the issue of why the vette wouldn't start? I musta missed that.

Allan, You had me there for a minute. I was like WTF? and wondered if you forgot your meds this morning

John, I have 3 dogs, so no need for that machine. Since ours are the deluxe models, they have the ever so popular aromatherapy option to go with the relaxing melodies.

Pat and Tedd, I bet you don't hear "well, we need the moisture..."? We could really use it. I'm probably going to water the lawn and trees this weekend, since we haven't had any moisture to speak of.

Sandy, Sorry to hear about Larrys shortcomings, It probably won't make you feel better, but the kid got stood up on Saturday for the 5th time in a little over a month. All by different guys, all on 1st dates, and they were all white. This guy had texted her all the way up to 3:30 and was spose to pick her up at 5. So the missus and I took her downtown to see the parade, and dinner, and to a club.

I just don't understand it. Its not like she has a 3rd arm sticking out of her forehead, I can see that she is a little too confident in her approach, but come -on guys, grow a pair. Sorry /rant.

Morning Jamesbo, hope your game went well.

Had a customer drop off his new ride yesterday. We have a lot of little stuff to do to it, and then we'll be installing a/c before next summer. Kind of embarrassing, but I had no idea how to start it. got it figured out tho.
Attachment 173258

Have a great Tuesday all.
Old December 4th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I think our luck runs out tonight. I keep hearing of rain, but right now it is sunny and nice! Another day of 70 I think.

Clint the last time I had the Corvette moving around it ran great, then the next day it ran rough and wouldn't idle. It's been sitting better than a month and I started it yesterday, still ran rough and wouldn't idle. I'm thinking one or more of the plugs are fouled. I haven't ruled out much water in the gas. I have no idea how old the plugs are so that's a cheep first guess.

I'm planning a trip to Detroit. Auburn Hills, actually. I read that the Walter P. Chrysler museum is going to close. I don't know if I read this right, but Chrysler LLC owns the Chrysler Foundation, and when Chrysler LLC buys the museum, the money and whatever money the museum has goes into the Foundation. So does that mean the museum is paying Chrysler to buy them? Hm, that deal sounds familiar. Anyway, I've wanted to go see it and the place is done December 31. So I'm going.

That's a beautiful Buick. How does it start? I would have guessed the key in the left of the dash and turn it like every other car.

Okay gonna take in the Awful house, get my lottery tickets, and then go get some new sneakers. Have a great day everyone.
Old December 4th, 2012, 05:43 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to hit 73 today

"Sneakers" Mike, You are a transplant.

WTH I lost my whole frigg'in post.
Old December 4th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sure wish the weather would stay like this, lol. It's 58 degrees this morning!! Cloudy though. Supposed to drop as the cold front comes in. Possible snow tomorrow.

Thanks Clint and Adrian.... Larry has always been bad about certain things, but now he's just full of hate! He surrounds himself with negativity - watches that Fox news like it's the only thing on TV, and miss watching The 5?? Boy, that would be criminal!! You know if they say it, it's gospel!! Nicole had some gangum style music on kind of loud last night cause she thought Larry was watching TV with me, and couldn't hear it. Well, he went to bed, and heard it as he went down the hall. I went and told her that he went to bed, turn it down. She did.

This morning I got the Bemer look, as I call it, and was told to tell her "Not to play that F'in rap music in my house. We are not black, and I won't have that music in my home. She may have the wool pulled over everyone elses eyes"..... I just turned and walked away. My God, I've never seen anyone like him. And this is not the first time I've said that, lol. Seriously. I really don't know how he hasn't had a stroke or heart attack yet, as worked up as he gets about little stuff! To go to bed mad, think about it all night and wake up madder??? That's just crazy. But that's how he's always been. He never lets anything go. And he's always right.... He just thinks the worst about everything, first. Never in my life..... Poor Nicole just feels like shi*. And she hasn't done anything wrong. Narrow minded people. Now of course Jr. has girls that he's 'just friends' with....... But then again, Jr. can do no wrong in anything. Larry's daughter is another story though. He just doesn't like girls. I don't get it..... enough!

Brian is back this morning. I haven't asked what was wrong with him. I'm sure I'll hear it when he gets on the phone, lol. He likes to make sure people know every little detail, lol. It's soooo quiet in here it's scary. I really look for hours to be cut again soon. That won't be good.

Clint..... that's a gorgeous car!! What's the secret to starting it?? Sorry to hear about your daughter's dilema's... I just don't know about people anymore, lol.

Well I better find something to do to at least look busy, so I'll chat later - if I have minutes left, lol. The home internet gets hooked up sometime today.

Have a good day all!!
Old December 4th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Captain Starfire

Thought I smelled sumpin'

It was a balmy 61 home this morning; I think it will hit 80 today w/ scattered showers, getting worse tonite; but very little - if any - cooldown this week.

Clint, I hear you can get that super-deluxe model at no extra charge... what a deal! Actually, little Yota used to let one rip pretty much every time we picked her up; not sure if she was trying to tell us something, or whether she was just working through her nervousness...

Not to dwell on this subject (or maybe just TO dwell on it), when we were in H.S. (quintessentially sophomoric), one of my buddies used to fashion what he called a "Ma Carter's Instant Farter Starter" out of a clothes hanger, two rubber bands, and a metal washer. It was good for abundant laughs at every gathering. Ahhh. to be 16 again! (Not)

That's a 55 Century, huh Clint? Beautiful. I won't steal your thunder as far as the starting My friend near Traverse City has a gorgeous example. We drove it from his house down to Flint for Buick's 100th anniversary in '03. Quite a nice ride.

Jamesbo, I feel your pain! That's happened to me on more than one occasion.... I usually start editing in a word document or something once it gets to a certain length, or at least copy the post to the clipboard just for sanity sake...

Y'all have a great day, Oldsmofriends.
Old December 4th, 2012, 07:58 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
This morning I got the Bemer look, as I call it, and was told to tell her "Not to play that F'in rap music in my house. We are not black, and I won't have that music in my home.
He probably just can't stand rap music . I know I can't ! I can tollerate it for a few seconds , and the station changes , or I leave the area . I just can't stand the lack of talent , and what they talk about / what it stands for . I had this young new guy at work in the area next to ours that had to play that crap over my radio ( to which I have respect for others , and never play my radio so others can hear it ) I asked him a bunch of times , and he would turn it down . It would only last so long ( a day maybe ) , and then he would turn it up again . I got sick of this and got on his back about it . I told his boss , and my boss , and it never happened again , but this took awhile . I think they realized that I'm going to break the radio if this continued . .... It's about respect I guess .

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
Not to dwell on this subject (or maybe just TO dwell on it), when we were in H.S. (quintessentially sophomoric), one of my buddies used to fashion what he called a "Ma Carter's Instant Farter Starter" out of a clothes hanger, two rubber bands, and a metal washer. It was good for abundant laughs at every gathering. Ahhh. to be 16 again! (Not)
Not sure I want to fully understand what this means .

Last edited by oldsguybry; December 4th, 2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old December 4th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Captain Starfire

Whelpt....

Bry,
It just means we were typical kids that got a big charge out of making fart noises and making fart jokes.... Did you see the link to the Northern Tool Fart Machine? Seeing that machine brought back memories of how we accomplished similar feats in the pre-tech (dinosaur) days of my youth.

The machine also made me think of George Carlin's "Fart" routine.... pretty funny stuff, IMHO.... even today

Hope the mods are "fart friendly" here.... maybe they're getting their wives and significant others to pull their fingers as I'm writing this....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 4th, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old December 4th, 2012, 09:48 AM

Know what this is?

Frosty the Snowman's baby picture!

Last edited by 1969w3155; December 4th, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old December 4th, 2012, 09:58 AM

Sweet lookin' 55 Buick, my dad had a '55 Special when I was four, the first car that I can remember, red and white. Mike, have you put any fuel stabilizers in the fuel for your Vette?
Old December 4th, 2012, 10:15 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Know what this is?

Frosty the Snowman's baby picture!
Looks like a red X in a little box to me .
Old December 4th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Always room for one more

No Dan, you know what, I haven't used fuel stabilizer. It had probably a quarter tank of old gas, and then I put in 5 gallons of new gas. It ran terrific on this, for a day. I'm not superstitious, but my feeling is there's nothing wrong with the car, it just doesn't like me. I was at the sporting goods store today, I should have brought home a baseball bat.

Jamesbo you can add that to a long list of things that tags me as a transplant. Actually, where I'm from most people call them gym shoes. Which, by the way, I didn't get because the ones I've been buying forever they don't make anymore, and all the other ones looked like space alien shoes.

Sandy maybe you should start acting just like Larry, show him what he looks like. Poor Nicole would hide under the covers and never come out.

So anyway one of my errands today was to go back and get my spark plugs. Yesterday the guy said I shouldn't put Bosch plugs in a Chevy. I should get AC double platinums. So today I decided they would probably be okay so I went back to get them, and the woman said, we don't even carry them. Sheesh.

Okay lunch.
Old December 4th, 2012, 10:38 AM

Is it corrected now? dangit!
Old December 4th, 2012, 11:09 AM
CQR

I see it.
Old December 4th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Just an Olds Guy

T T T T Toosdaay...... It's cold and windy...could freeze the ***** off a brass monkey today. Y'all know where that phrase came from? Hint - it's from the early military.

Busy this morning. Cut up some bif and marinated it overnight for jerky. Got it started this mawnin around 7:00. Already made 2 batches on the weekend and Monday. 1 is reglar, 1 is picey, and 1 is terriyaki. House smells like a teepee right now. If I had to buy it already made I think I've got about 75-- worth, and I only paid 16-- for the meat.

Did all de housewerk fer de missus seein as how she elected to sleep late. Den it wuz off to de carwash. I like going around 10 because it's empty and I can spend a good hour washing and drying the car before it goes back out into the deep freeze. Betcha it will warm up and melt now that I washed it.... Got some backlog stuff to watch on the PVR (love that show How it's Made, Hawaii Five-0, and a couple mini series I was 'asked to record'. Have to change the front O2 sensor on Joanne's car - it's throwing a check engine light. Those sensors aren't cheap but I see they're on sale for 51-- at Autopartsway.ca so I might pick up a couple.

Dan - Seems to me that Frosty matured into something decent instead of being a 'flake' all his life. Sorry man, it just popped into my head.

Clint - I takes my meds every mawnin. If'n I don't I turn into a Democrap. Love that Buick. I have an idea about starting it - use your foot, right?

Sandy - Damn. Were Larry and Brian separated at birth?? I'm not a big fan of crap music either, but dang! Some of its ok, and I really like that Gangnum Style tune and video. I know why Nicole likes it. Graeme appreciates all kinds of music and listens to stuff in his room all the time. Sometimes he turns it up and opens his door when he wants my opinion on if I like the tune. Most of them I do. He knows better than to play crap music loud enough for me to hear. Luckily I have this covered 2 ways. When I built this house, I had a window of opportunity just before the sheetrock was installed. I sound insulated every room on the second floor. (forgot to do the main floor ceiling - still smacking my head for that). Once you close a door on the second floor, its almost soundproof. Second thing you might want to coach Nicole for so Larry doesn't get too ballistic? Graeme uses earbuds to listen to some of his music when he just wants it a bit loud, but doesn't want to disturb anyone. He's pretty dang considerate that way.

John - it's not just kids. I don't know very many of us that get tired of shootin de $hit about phart jokes, or pullin stuff like dat!

Mike - easiest way to change plugs in a vette? Take off de front clip by the sounds of it. Can't be worse than getting the #8 plug out of a Cadillac 472. I still got scars on my fingers from that.

Adrian - 95°? Got a special deal for you. Package and send me about 2 months of 35° , and I'll send you 3 months supply of 15° air to keep you cool.

Jamesbo - wutcha servin fer snacks? I feel like I need sumtin snacky ta munchon.
Old December 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM

Sausage Swirls

Cook a lb of your favorite sausage, crumble and put in the fridge overnight

Pillsbury Crescent rolls

Pop open the Crescent roll can and lay the rolls out flat. It will be a square with a seem cross ways to make triangles

With a little water press the seem to remove the dots to make it a square again

Place a line of crumbled sausage near edge and roll up, add another line of sausage and roll the crescent roll square into a sausage log

Wrap in wax paper and place in fridge overnite

In de morning unwrap wax paper and cut the log into ½ slices

Place the slices on lightly greased pan and bake in oven according to crescent roll package directions {But watch them closely cause they’re thinner.]

Yummy

Old December 4th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

But but but, I wuz hungry tooday....need a quik snak. Mebbe I'll jes cut sum hell a peen yo's, shred sum cheze an make some nachos wit sum sower kreem an salza...

or mebbe I wont wait til mawnin - I'll jes use dem sausages as a snak.
Old December 4th, 2012, 01:21 PM

Morning all, lets try this again as my interwebs just crapped itself and I lost my post

It looks to be another day with temps around 33degs. I am happy to send you some Allan but I'm pretty sure your neighbours will be a little upset with you Might be easier if you just visit for a few months I have a couple spare rooms or we could house swap cause we wouldn't mind a white christmas

All I can say Sandy is I hope Larry can find a way to stop being so negative cause when we visited he was in a fine mood and nothing seemed to bother him on that day but I did spend a bit of it talking to Blue, I miss Blue he was always good for a laugh

That's one nice looking car there Clint, would look real good sitting beside my 98

Time to go to the shop and get some stuff to finish the little bits and bobs so we can get the "new" old girl on the road.

Have a good day peoples

Adrian
Old December 4th, 2012, 07:23 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hey all. Hope everyone had a great day. Been warm here the last two days, around 60 degrees, so I put up all the Christmas decorations outside for the kids. Hard to get into the spirit when I still need to mow the lawn.
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:00 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Today was a warm, rainy day. The snow is almost all gone and this afternoon it went up to 18C / 64F. I can't believe that temperature in December.

Somehow I just managed to pull off another above average night at bowling last night.

Sandy, sorry to hear about Larry and Nicole.

Clint, ooh, ooh, I know, I know

Adrian, hope you get to enjoy the new car soon. Going to post some exterior pictures when it is on the road?

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old December 5th, 2012, 04:48 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Well another hump day.

Paul Good on ya. Yes, seems many here do know. I think the NTSB would have an issue if you were able to start your new car by pushing the footfeed. :eek :I had never run into that before.

Well, Not much to report, Gonna be about 70F today, and snow thru the rest of the work week. Oh, well.

Have a great day all.
Old December 5th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cooler here this morning, temps in the high 30's. Supposed to get sunny later and in the 40's. I'm glad I got my lunch time walk in yesterday - it poured the rain from about 1:00 on, and it cooled down.

Nicole and I made 3 batches of fudge last night. It was quiet in the house since Larry isn't talking, lol. I kinda like that sometimes. So it's time to start making the cookies, and a few more batches of fudge. I still have to put up my little tree and decorate it yet.

Another quiet morning in here. Yesterday was a looooonnnggg boring day.

We got a huge beautiful poinsettia yesterday afternoon from the owner! It's just gorgeous. It's gonna die quick though, cause it's too hot in here. Steve had his heater crankin yesterday and it got up to 80 in here!!! Thought I was gonna die. He turned it on about 10 minutes ago too. I gotta go put on my capri's.

Today is 9 years that my brother in law was killed in a car accident. Jean's husband. Every year I send her a beautiful flower arrangement to help take her mind off of it some. She got it yesterday and called to thank me. Said it is beautiful! Nov. 28th was 9 years since we lost Chrissy - Jean's daughter in law, my nephews wife - in a car accident. Her and Bob were killed a week apart, both on Friday. That was waaaayy freaky! I'm still very careful on Friday when I'm driving, especially when the roads are bad. I think that will stay with me forever. It was an awful time. Chrissy would have been my age on Dec. 31st this year. So sad....

Got the internet at the house now. It was hooked up yesterday. I went home and found all the stuff I unplugged when I had it shut off, and plugged it all in again. Nicole has a router so we got that set up too. Works good! She's happy.

Well you all have a good hump day!!
Old December 5th, 2012, 05:39 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter warm one but may get sum rain later on in de day.

Sandy, I learnt a long time ago not to tell de Super Model how to rear her kid. I jes keeps my mouth shut an let her do her job.

Adrian, I had de same thing happen to me de utter day, I 'm jes to lazy to go back an retype everthing.

Welp, Happy Hump Day Olds friends

After a week of de govement fiddle phart'in r'ound. He's at Manas [jes west of East Jesus] a air base where he can have his first beer in a year. I Wiki'd "Manas" an it says we pay GET THIS $200,000,000 in rent just to be there
Old December 5th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Captain Starfire

Happity Humpity

Hi, Oldsmobuddies. Pretty much SOS here weather wise; still raining, nasty, and mild. This is supposed to move outa' here later and leave us damp and mild thru the rest of the week and prolly weekend.

Dem sausage thingies sound good, Jamesbo.

Mike, it seemed to make more of a splash nationally than locally, but a brand new Dreamliner had to make an emergency landing in N.O. yesterday (United, from Houston to Newark) when multiple onboard systems reported trouble. I wonder if they're ever gonna get the bugs outa' those things. I'm not sure I'd actually get on one at this point.

Clint, Detroit seemed to be a little more foot happy in the 50s and 70s. There's practically nothing but gas and accelerator (and clutch) on the floor deeze daze. I liked the old foot "dip switch" better, myself. And some old GMs (at least Cadillacs) had the foot button to change radio stations. My friend's '66 Rambler had a foot-operated manual windshield washer pump. (But I guess that was better than my '72 Vega's finger-operated manual pump.)

Y'all have a great (and hopefully dry) one......

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 5th, 2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old December 5th, 2012, 08:09 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
After a week of de govement fiddle phart'in r'ound. He's at Manas [jes west of East Jesus] a air base where he can have his first beer in a year. I Wiki'd "Manas" an it says we pay GET THIS $200,000,000 in rent just to be there
You must be proud ! I know I would be . Except for the $200,000,000 part . I'm assuming by the " WE " part , your talking about , is what the gov. is paying just for our soldiers to be there ? I really wish I had like .25% of that amount .
Old December 5th, 2012, 08:18 AM

Until de utter day, I'd never heard of Manas. Dis is all I know about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transit_Center_at_Manas
Old December 5th, 2012, 08:34 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Until de utter day, I'd never heard of Manas. Dis is all I know about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transit_Center_at_Manas
Good read ! I learned something that I didn't know before . Of course some things are better off NOT knowing if you know what I mean . after reading this , I think maybe I would have to take care of buisness from far away .... Like the push of a button perhaps ? Sorry if this don't sound right to some .
Old December 5th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Captain Starfire

See your house in a snow globe. Really.

http://www.draftfcb.com/holiday2011/

This may not work perfectly for every house in B.F. Egypt (like mine in Ponchatoula). But it works for most folks who live in a relatively urban or suburban area.
Old December 5th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

John - That's cool. A direct link to Google Maps.

Paul - I heard the farmers out plotting for the next year. They said in 2013 AB would have a nice warm spring/summer and very mild winter with temps of around 13-17 and a brief period of 5 cm of snow which would melt off in 2 hours. On the other hand they also said ONT was going to have exceedingly strong winds (I think that has something to do with the gov't), lots of rain and an extremely long cold winter with about 106cm of snow before Christmas....

Snowing here and temps dropping.....again....what else is new?