The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 12th, 2012, 07:46 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Allan R
Darrell - sounds like the gas companies are playing 'screw you' down there. We get that all the time up here. Never liked it, and will never get used to it. Sorry to hear the local power company is being so retarded about getting everyone up and running. That seems to happen with oligopolies.
It really is frustrating. I passed 7 gas stations today, and none had gas. We were told that after the weekend, the gas situation would be back to normal. Right....

That is the problem with this utility as there is no competition. There are still over 60,000 people here without electricity. The hotels are all booked up around here.
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:23 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite chili dis mawn'in

Sandy, I ain't got a clue, De Super model has frigg'in pumpkins everywhar and as you know, We's gots critters dat Completely destroy de garden. But de don't touch de pumpkins.

I ain't gonna touch Allan's comment cause it reminds me of joke [Dat I can't remember]

Darrel, Ya know how to tell when a politician is lying? His lips are moving. I'll bet cha you aren't de only one frustrated. Good luck my friend.

Welp, GTG to de big city a-gain dis mawn'in

Have a great day Olds Friends
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's right at 32 degrees this morning, a little sunny but more clouds than sun. At least it stopped raining. I think it's supposed to start later again though.

I am soooo tired today. Got to work late. My whole routine is messed up now, with Nicole back in the house. But we'll get it worked out.

I moved some of my trophies out of her room last night, unpacked more boxes, and we got the stand and that big TV in her room. I have never seen so many cords in all my life!! Phone charger cords, game system cords, tv cords, God only knows for what cords...... She hooked up the X-box to the TV. I guess she has everything hooked up correctly. I don't have a clue, lol.

She is taking back the Time Warner cable box and modem today. They have an office right by her school. She kept the remote; said it worked last night with the TV. I dunno.... we have Direct Satellite tv, so.... I told her if they ask where the remote is, just say you'll look for it, lol. They told me on the phone yesterday to bring back the box and modem. There are cables from her house we brought that I don't know if they go back to Time Warner or not. I just know they were hooked up to that box and TV somehow. That crap is over my head!!

Tonight I hope to get some more stuff sorted out and repacked nicely. Figure out what we can put over at the shop for storage and what she needs to keep at home.

If it's not raining at noon, I might go down to the car wash and vacuum out Tincanio. I don't think I'm gonna have a chance to do it at home, and I really don't like dog hair all in it. I'm a pick sh*t with my vehicles.

Mike.... I love Holmes on Homes, lol! "Fix it right, Mike"! He sure does an excellent job. Wish I could hire him. I'd love to hear him say what all the contractors didn't do right in our house.

Darrell... sorry to hear gas is still a shortage over there. There's no reason people should still be without electricity. You sure don't hear this on the news around here. I bet it's Bush's fault somehow.....

Citcapp.... I reckon it could be squirrels. We do have a bunch of them. This is the first year they've ever attacked the pumpkins though. I have had critters eat the Indian corn in the past.

Well you all have a great day!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; November 13th, 2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Captain Starfire

Got Dat Right~!

Mornin', all.... it sure was nice to be off yesterday. Never saw a day go by so quick in all my life... Can't wait to retire.

Was 39 at the plantation this morning.... we put a rug and a beach towel under the grill cover where Yota sleeps; the better half reported this morning that she was snug as a bug in a rug (almost literally) at 0-dark-30. Good thing, too, 'cause it's supposed to be in the low-to-mid 30s tomorrow morning. That little booger is completely calmed down now. I scoop her up every time I go out and she snugs in my lap; we have a prospective home for her, but better half wants to practically perform a background investigation on them before reninquishing the urchin. She's so gentle and sweet, she really deserves a good home. We'll see how the story unfolds this week.

Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say day gonna' beat dem Saints?

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
John, I told cha so, I told cha so. Dem Dirty bird peed in der mess kit.
Jim, you did tell me so.... and I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life Actually, I didn't want to agree with you, lest I put dat Marie Laveau gris gris on dem boys.

But what an exciting game. Da' boys' defense actually showed up, and dem runnin' backs Mark Ingram and Chris Ivory really stepped up to da' plate. But we meets again on Thursday nite 11/29 in Hotlanta, so we'll see who has Thanksgiving 2 weeks in a row then.....

Hope you had a good mini-reunion in B'head.

Allan, veal is great; but the thought of keeping dem little cows in dem pens and slaughterin' 'em so we can get a taste buzz is what I'm ashamed of. But I guess I wasn't ashamed enough not to order it.... I wasn't in a "fish" mood and I had a steak last time and the duck the time before that; so I needed something different. The taste certainly didn't disappoint....

Sources reveal the sister was not as accurate as Lorena. She allegedly missed the target and stabbed her husband in the upper thigh causing severe muscle and tendon damage . The husband is reported to be in serious, but stable Condition, and Louella has been charged with . . .A Misdawiener!
Allan, Allan, Allan!! Lord love a duck.

Designer, yep... Q is back. Nerd supreme; he's really a Q for the 21st Century. I do miss Desmond Llewelyn. He'd prolly be pushin' up daisies by now anyway, but it's so sad he died the way he did at his age.... Hard to believe it was 13 years ago already, in Pierce Brosnan's heyday.

I agree that Cleese was a great replacement, although John's persona changed pretty radically between being "R" (The World Is Not Enough) and becoming the full-fledged Q (Die Another Day). It's too bad he didn't stay on.

There's also another character that's reincarnated.... but I'll hush here lest I spoil it.

Hang in there, Darrel.... I know from experience that it always seems like the utilities aren't doing all they can to restore power.... especially when it's yours.... we lost power down here for 5 days in '08 just from the snow. But it is a massive undertaking to recover from a storm like Sandy, as I know you know. Problem is that every event is different, and there's so much infrastructure to repair and replace, and then every home has to be inspected before individual power is restored. I believe they're doing all they can; so glad the "foreign" utilities seem to be really contributing. I hope Entergy (our utility down here) puts a dent in it, anyway.....

Well y'all have a great, warm day if possible.... it's actually supposed to be real nice the whole week down here... no rain in sight, with highs in the mid-60s through the weekend.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; November 13th, 2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:59 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Tuesday Mawnin All

Well we got about a 1/4" of the wet stuff last night and this morning. It's supposed to be a little cooler today with highs in the mid 60's as opposed to a beautiful weekend we had with temps in the mid 70's.

I've been playing doctor since three of the household aren't feeling up to snuff. I guess I fared well since they all feel better this morning.

Mike you missed a great car show and swap meet Friday and Saturday. There were two Oldsmobiles to speak of. One really nice '71 W30 in Viking Blue and a '72 Cutlass Supreme droptop with special order paint. The next show is in April and it seems like it get bigger and bigger every year.

Yall have a great day
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:00 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by arodenhiser
I am glad to see there are pround renecks everywhere. Have you ever wonder what your trackor would be like with a Vovlo 240 Turbo transplant. Put on your Sweedish ears and take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yHl24QynOM

Adam

Wow ! That is one bad a$$ tractor !
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:07 AM

Well, Sunday it was 69*...last night coming home 32* and snowing, but it didn't stick around. Disappointed in the 60 Minutes article, not becuase of the story itself, but what we were told they came here to film.
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
Allan, veal is great; but the thought of keeping dem little cows in dem pens and slaughterin' 'em so we can get a taste buzz is what I'm ashamed of. But I guess I wasn't ashamed enough not to order it....
John, you know what the Chinese word for Veal is don't you???

Say it fast 2 or 3 times: "Yunkow"

I know;

Jamesbo - wut joke izit? Y'all cant jess leeve us hangin like dat.

Mike - apparently that was the backdrive linkage to the key lock. Got schooled on it by Joe and Richard. Didn't know it was mandatory even on 4 spds.

Scot - Been a long time since Round 2 started. Any updates? Still hoping you got someone in arbitration on your side down there.

Well, gotta go put some $$ in de bank. Graeme's scholarship check came in the other day. I'm sure he'll be able to use the money wisely. For right now he's lucky enough to be able to save it. The Education Savings Plan we paid into for all those years has a little dent in it now from his first term. More will be needed in Jan, and so on.
Old November 13th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well we have a few snow flurries this afternoon. It's 37 out there, but feels a lot colder. I went to the car wash and spent $4 vaccuming out Tincanio. No more Emmett hair. Then I sprayed Lysol inside. My fingers were froze right through the gloves.

I stopped at Advance Auto on my way back to work and returned a couple things Charlie had bought and never put on his car, lol. Got $13.85. Gas money for moving Nicole, lol.

I've never eaten veal, and I don't plan on ever eating it. No...No..No.
Old November 13th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Just got back from a long morning. Started out at the Awful house, where I stayed and talked too long. Then got my lottery tickets then went to Fiat for the car's second oil change. They don't have any mechanics and the service manager does everything so I knew it would take a long time. About an hour and a half. That's okay, I learned a few things.

Allan that linkage looks too big and heavy for a key to move up and down, but I will defer to the "experts" since I don't have an example at hand to look at myself. I don't remember any car that locks a manual shifter save for a 70s-80s Saab.

Sandy you wouldn't do well at my house. I have dog hair everywhere and I can't keep up with cleaning it. I have two dog hair factories and it's all over me all the time as well, I gave up worrying about it. I go through several sheets on the sticky roller at a time when I get that thing out.

Scot I forgot all about that show, and I ended up not going away because my friend had some work come up. Rats! Maybe next time. Car shows are going to be few and far between now that it's getting cold.

Well everyone have a great afternoon. I'm going to take in the junkyard later.
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Captain Starfire

I like that stance, Sandy. I'm with ya'.... I caved in to my taste buds. Next, I'll be sucking down pate and slurping turtle soup....

One other confession: I've been to a few cochon de lait feasts put on by my Cajun relatives in Lafourche Parish. Garsh, that stuff is good... but holy moly.

And BTW, please keep the white stuff north of the Mason-Dixon

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Well we have a few snow flurries this afternoon. It's 37 out there, but feels a lot colder. I went to the car wash and spent $4 vaccuming out Tincanio. No more Emmett hair. Then I sprayed Lysol inside. My fingers were froze right through the gloves.
I've never eaten veal, and I don't plan on ever eating it. No...No..No.
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:08 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

Well, it cooled off to about freezing today. I even heard from a co-worker that we had a bit of the white stuff falling today, but I didn't see any when I left work.

I took the Cutlass out yesterday for one last drive. I couldn't pass on the chance when it was 64F out. It felt good, but now all the rockets are resting for the winter.

Allan, think of it differently, think of it as investing in your retirement plan! Ask me how I know, and remember I was the student

John, I guess I'm going to have to go see Skyfall now. That was pretty good timing that they had introduced Cleese as R before Llewelyn passed away and had him ready to take over as Q.
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:55 PM
GM Enthusiast

Darrel, Ya know how to tell when a politician is lying? His lips are moving. I'll bet cha you aren't de only one frustrated. Good luck my friend.
You're right, there's been a lot of frustrated people around here. There's now a class action lawsuit against our monopoly utility, LIPA, for failure to provide services and return power withing a reasonable period of time.
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:11 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hang in there, Darrel.... I know from experience that it always seems like the utilities aren't doing all they can to restore power.... especially when it's yours.... we lost power down here for 5 days in '08 just from the snow. But it is a massive undertaking to recover from a storm like Sandy, as I know you know. Problem is that every event is different, and there's so much infrastructure to repair and replace, and then every home has to be inspected before individual power is restored. I believe they're doing all they can; so glad the "foreign" utilities seem to be really contributing. I hope Entergy (our utility down here) puts a dent in it, anyway.....
John, the biggest issue our utility faces is that it was cited back in 2006 for being severely underprepared for a major disaster due to old and outdated equipment. They are still using a computer language to run their programs that is from 1987.

Darrell... sorry to hear gas is still a shortage over there. There's no reason people should still be without electricity. You sure don't hear this on the news around here. I bet it's Bush's fault somehow.....
LOL Sandy, that's funny. I'm sure it still is his fault!

There are still over 21,000 people without power, with many of these homes uninhabitable. People are waiting for trailers from FEMA, like the ones they were supposed to use in New Orleans during Katrina. Hotels are packed, I don't know how these people can afford to stay there. Is there homeowner's insurance paying for it? Many homes that were destroyed were ruined from flooding and most homes near the water could never get flood insurance.

Gas is still not at most stations. The ones that have it right now only have regular. If a station gets gas, they run out quickly. I am down to a 1/2 tank and want to refill tomorrow but I guarantee the stations that had it today will be out tomorrow. My friends and I text where they saw gas so we cut down on wasting it just to look for it.

Things are getting better but it is taking way too much time to fix these problems.
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Darrell is this the first sign that LIPA is lacking as a utility or the last straw? Hope things are getting better. I heard from my neighbor that Long Island has power now.

Went to the junkyard today, but not much to write home about. I've been noticing there's been a fairly large number of first gen Auroras lately. I'd like to find one with the dark blue interior and heated seats.

So John I was watching Seinfeld tonight, like I do most every night, and I wondered if they eat food while they're talking to keep from laughing. I've seen that several times and wondered if that's the only way they can get through a scene.

Time for our snack. The dogs need to tell me what they want. Hope everyone has a good night.
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Always room for one more

Ah Darrell you posted just before me, so it looks like this isn't the first sign LIPA is lacking. Is there any way to get them booted and someone else in? Is that even possible?

I know a lot of affected New Jersey is still without power, but gas is plentiful and the odd/even rationing is lifted.
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:46 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slantflat
Ah Darrell you posted just before me, so it looks like this isn't the first sign LIPA is lacking. Is there any way to get them booted and someone else in? Is that even possible?

I know a lot of affected New Jersey is still without power, but gas is plentiful and the odd/even rationing is lifted.
Our governor just announced an investigation into LIPA's failure to prepare for hurricane Sandy. 2 hours ago, the chairman of LIPA resigned over this announcement. So, hopefully this will force some type of change in utilities. I, like many people around here, hope that is possible.

My friend's dad lives in Levittown and he just got his power back on yesterday. (An area nowhere near the water so not sure what took so long there) His house does not have a fireplace and the temp inside went down to 38 degrees. He stayed there out of fear of looting.
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all

Today was really nice - temps were up to around 34 and the roads started melting. They still have around 2" of ice on the side streets. Most of the major roads are down to the asphalt now.

Veal? Hey it's just meat. Just costs more for some stupid reason. Not like the cow producers have a lot of time and feed invested in the animal. I'm an equal opportunity omnivore.

Paul - I know. That's the general plan

Mike - I'm with you. Personally I don't see how it could be anything other than a shifter linkage. Let them fight it out.

Darrell - wish there was some way to help you guys out. Can't begin to imagine what kind of frustration you guys are going through. Hang in there. Can't believe that LIPA wouldn't have some kind of preparation schedule knowing full well that LI can be in the path of extreme weather.
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:51 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Speakin of veal, the missus took the calves to the sale on Monday. There was one little steer that would have made a heckuva 4H project. Real mellow and built very well.

The missus is taking Junior here, to Hudson for the freezer. which I have to go buy another stand up for the garage. The pig filled the other one up.
Attachment 173441

Darrell, Its amazing that such a civilized society can have such an issue with the weather. Heck we can put a robot on a distant planet, but can't quickly resume normalcy after a weather beatdown? I feel for you all.

Scott I hope the fam is feeling better. I sure wish my wife would let me play Dr.

Have a great day all.
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:29 AM

Mawn'in all

Crisp but no wet stuff dis mawn'in.

Clint, I used to raise black baldies [or mule headed Angus] I used to put up pigs and steers. Always had a freezer full of meat.

Speak'in of technology. Why is it we can put a man on de moon but can't make a cell phone dat ya can read in de sunlight?

Darrel, I agree it must be Bush's fault. I also think he's responsible fer de General gett'in an "itch"

Mike, I went to de Awful House yesterday too. I had to meet someone. But I'm not eat'in anything there dats gotta have dat silicome/oleo stuff poured on de grill. I jes had me a big ole bowl of grits.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin humans

Clint- nice looking steer, it would have made a good 4h project! The price of hay/ feed has gone the the roof here. Our local animal police just seized a horse farm, and charged the owner with neglect. 21 horses were in pretty rough shape. I think we will see a lot more of this, as feed costs rise. I sell hay, so this is good for me, but hopefully not at the expense of the animals welfare! Mother Nature ALWAYS has the last laugh!

Allan- Looks like I will have to " learn ya" about the agricultural sector....

Off to see a 68 442 today!? Like I need another. Have a feeling this one is a rust- bucket underneath! But the car is complete...

Have a good day......

Ted
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another cold crisp morning here. Cloudy and temps in the 30's. Supposed to get sunny later and we're gonna have sun the next 8 days! I hope so.... We've only been at our average temperature 2 days this month so far. We've been below average and it sucks!

Got a lot done at the house last night. Moved Nicole's furniture back in her old room, so we could finally put the stacks of drawers out of the dressers back in them, and make some room in the spare room, lol. We put the twin bed out of the spare room into her room cause it's smaller. I don't know if I'll set up her full size bed in the spare room or not. I have Teepos awards and pics sitting on the floor. Gotta get that figured out tonight. I did a ton of laundry - We're going to wash all her sheets and comforters and such so they can be packed away. Dog hair....... sorry Mike, lol.

I am tired. Another quiet day in here. Wonder if we'll get a bonus in our checks tomorrow?? He usually gives us one around Thanksgiving...... I hope so. Tire money, lol. We got our turkey last week. The company reimburses us, which is nice.

I had to go out and add coolant to the Intrigue this morning before leaving for work. Nicole came in and told me the coolant light was on. It was low. Larry put a fuel regulator thingy on it last weekend, and now it's been starting the way an Oldsmobile should!! I hope it keeps up!! I can't wait to get my hands on it and clean the inside...... Dog hair and God only knows what all.

John.... when I ever get to come to 'Nawlins, I'm gonna meet you and you can explain all the stuff to me that I don't understand about cajuns and such, lol. I only ever saw one pig roast, and I thought it was gross. The meat was delicious, but I didn't like seeing that pig like that..

Clint..... what a cute cow! I like cows. I used to feed calves with bottles when I was young and lived in W.VA. That's why I ain't a eatin no veal. No lamb either..... I have a hard time eating something I raised, lol.

Darrell..... I read some about that lawsuit against the power company. I read about the old equipment too. That's just a shame. No reason for any of it. I saw some protesters on the news last night. There's no reason in the world it's taking this friggin long to fix things. I really feel bad. Gas shot up here yesterday to the $3.50's again. Don't know why. Cause they can, I guess.

Scot.... Hope the family is feeling better and that you don't get sick too!

Paul... glad to hear from you! I still have to get Teepo put away for the winter. She's in the house garage, which is much warmer than the one she's going in to, lol, but she's all dusty and not happy at all! I don't have the cover on her. I haven't even started her since my b'day. Too much going on. I'm hoping to get out and drive her this weekend.

Well you all have a good day and stay warm!

Last edited by cutlassgal; November 14th, 2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:19 AM

Errrrrrrrr, Sandy dat ain't a "Cow"
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Captain Starfire

You might be right.

Mike,
Maybe so... but I know that all the way from the beginning, in Julia's first episode, she was eating peanut M&Ms in Jerry's apartment while she was talking... Jerry loves dialog over food.... it's essentially another prop.... gives more opportunities for craziness -- especially w/ Michael! Anyway, Jerry pretty much laughs on camera anyway..

You need to get the DVDs so you can see all the bloopers.... Julia is the worst.... there are some scenes that required 10 or so takes b/c she couldn't stop laughing. .... most notable is the final scene of The Little Kicks, with Jerry Stiller and Julia at the jail with Jason. Julia couldn't get through Mr. Constanza's saying, "What the hell does that mean?"

Originally Posted by slantflat
Evening everyone.
So John I was watching Seinfeld tonight, like I do most every night, and I wondered if they eat food while they're talking to keep from laughing. I've seen that several times and wondered if that's the only way they can get through a scene.
Sandy, just say the word.... I'll be your Cajun mentor . I don't see a helluva lot firsthand anymore since my paternal grandparents passed in the 80s and 90s; but I know the basics. As far as "feasts," the two biggies are cochon de lait and boucherie. I already said cochon de lait is roasting the poor unfortunate suckling pig, which happens to be delicious. A boucherie is when they slaughter a fattened adult pig and make a dish or type of food with practically every part of the body you can imagine, except for the hair . Most of it is scrumptious; other parts might not be for the squeamish.

Temp didn't get down as low as they predicted; we had a blanket of clouds that blew in last night and gave us a bit of insulation. Yota was extremely grateful . It was 41 again at the plantation, and supposed to get into the 60s today. No flat rocks to go along with the cows, steers, bulls, calves, veals, or any other bovine creatures on the Lord's green earth....

Y'all have a great humpity day, Oldsmopeeps....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; November 14th, 2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old November 14th, 2012, 07:02 AM

John, Send her sum Boudin. I'm mean parts is parts Right?
Old November 14th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Captain Starfire

Mais....

Dat's sum good eatin', cher! Boudin used to be real "blood sausage" when I was a kid (boudin rouge); but I think they more or less outlawed the sale of food w/ pork blood a couple decades ago. Now it's all boudin blanc, which is made without the blood (just meat and rice and spices -- but delicious, of course) .

Other things that appear at the boucherie are hogshead cheese (really delicious if home-made), and cracklins (grattons), which are fried pork fat with some skin and meat attached. Absolutely to die for, in more ways than one!

One time at a boucherie in Raceland (at my grandmother's sister's place) around 1980, they passed around a big tin of the cooked blood left over after making the boudin... I ate a couple big spoons -- which tasted about how I thought it would -- and I remember having heartburn for the rest of the day: the cooked blood contains a generous portion of the lard (rendered from the cracklin frying) in with the blood!

OK, gotta' quit, 'cause I'm makin' myself hungry. Anybody got any Rolaids?

John, Send her sum Boudin. I'm mean parts is parts Right?

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; November 14th, 2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old November 14th, 2012, 07:52 AM

Morning all

Cold and wet here, standard for the NW this time of year. Reading the posts about the beef and pig brings back old memories. My dad used to go to the livestock auction every year and but a calf and a pig to raise for meat. Did not have a freezer in those days. But the meat market in town had a huge storage freezer room with wood lockers that you could rent and store your meat in and padlock shut. Damn that was a cold room when you went to get your meat. My wife and I used the same place when we got married for a couple of years until the meat market went out of business then we bought our first chest freezer. Still have the freezer and it works fine bought used 42 years ago. My how time flies.

Have a great day all
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Always room for one more

Hey good evening everyone.

I slept a good portion of the day. Slept in till 10, then went and helped my neighbor for a couple hours, then went back to bed until it was time to start getting ready for the evening. I hope that helps at work tonight, since it's Monday.

It's also raining. It wasn't supposed to rain until 11pm, but it's early. Maybe it will stop and that will be it for the rest of the week. I didn't think we were supposed to get rain until next week. Shows what I know.

John I watch the Seinfeld bloopers on Youtube. When George has the toupe and Elaine grabs it off his head and throws it out the window, you can here him laughing off camera. Lots of times you can see Jerry trying to hold back laughing, and others. Sometimes that's funnier than the show.

Jamesbo that oil stuff ain't gonna hurt you. Besides, how could you deprive yourself of the scattered smothered? Well you could get it steamed, it isn't so bad but the regular way is better. I want to make a little machine that tumbles the hash browns while they cook so every one of the strands is browned.

So Clint at this point Junior is now steak? I'd make a bad farmer because all the farm animals would be my pets. I'd have a whole pen full of Arnold Ziffel. What was the pig's name in Charlotte's Web?

Allan I'm still not getting the descriptions of the key linkage in that other thread. My recollection is that to get the key out you depress the little lever forward of the key, and it doesn't matter what the shifter is doing. I'm with you, I think that car used to be an automatic.

Ah time to start another week. Hope everyone is well and has a good night.
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:21 AM
CQR

Morning everyone.

Ted, The hay price here is starting to soften a little. The missus is selling premium horse timothy for a little over $400/ton. The state legislature is trying to make it standard that hay be sold by the bale and not weight. I have no idea what they are thinking. 6-7 years ago the wife was getting 110-130# bales, and now some guys around here are selling bales that weigh ~40#. Its just nuts.

Jamesbo, Our herd is mostly angus, but we still ave a couple of old Black baldy's. Sally is the matriarch of the herd, we bottle fed her and she grew up in our backyard here in the city. That was back when my kid was little. The neighbors weren't quite sure about that. The angus are better built, but the baldy's are much more friendly and easy going.

Parts is parts
Wasn't that from an old Wendys commercial? Wheres the beef? That was.

Sandy, We went to a National race Just outside W.Va. (Mt. Morris, PA.) What a beautiful part of the country. We have had thoughts of living in a place like that. We stopped at a little township outside of Morgantown to ask for directions and realized they musta filmed 'Deliverance' there.

Have a great day all.
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Clear and crisp ere dis mawn'in an it's spose to warm up a good bit by dis afternoon.

Clint, Way back when, I had an Angus named " Nosey" who was my lead cow. She'd follow ya anywhar. We used to have winter pasture across the road and she made moving the herd easy breezie.

Mike, sorry, I ain't eat'in dat stuff no mo. I'm on a grits only Awful House diet. When you find an extra eye in your forehead, maybe you'll understand.

Ted, How'd de 68 "Rust Bucket LOOK?

John, One time I had dis French dude come up ere [friend of a friend] to slaughter a pig. He caught de blood in a pail to make blood sausage. He also burned de hair off with a torch instead of boil'in and scrap'in it off.

Welp, Made myself hungry a-gain
Old November 15th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning Clint, lol! Hi All!!

This was a quiet thread yesterday, wasn't it?? It's cold and crisp here this morning. Temp at 27 degrees and a heavy frost on everything. I didn't get my Hydrangea covered up in time this year, so it's looking pretty black at this point. Don't know if it will help if I cover it now or not....

Got some more unpacking and moving stuff around done last night. Washed all Nicole's sheets, towels and such so they can be packed away. Oh the dog and cat hair in my washer and dryer....... I couldn't do it!! Just tons of the stuff. I think Emmett laid on her comforters. Gonna wash her throw rugs tonight so they can be packed away. I am sooooo tired, lol. I sit here bored all day thinking of how much I could be getting done at home....

Clay got a new company vehicle on Tuesday. A brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4 wheel drive. He traded in the Trailblazer he had. It was 5 yrs. old. The company sent the dealership a check. I guess that was part of the deal of him moving from Texas up here, that he got a vehicle. It's really nice. It has one of those start buttons. No keys, lol.

I guess we're getting a Thanksgiving bonus. Got an email from the owner yesterday. He's such a nice guy. I was hoping it would be with our paychecks today, but it isn't. Gives us something to look forward to next week, besides a short week, lol.

I have to go have another renal scan of the kidneys next Friday. I'll be getting a late start on Black Friday shopping, lol. I hate to drive over towards Cleveland on that day. It's bad enough when the shopping idiots aren't out like maniacs, afraid they will miss the next deal, lol. Then I have to see Dr. cha ching Banks next Tuesday to go over the results. If the friggin kidney is still swelled up, so be it. My mind is made up that I will live with it. It's never bothered me in any way anyhow. I really resent the 2 checks I write to the friggin hospitals every month.....

Clint.... yeah, some of the places in West By God Virginia do remind ya of Deliverance! Some of the people too, lol. I was scared more than once when I lived there. I was stuck up on the Godforsaken mountain, carried water up the side of the hill from the spring.. Lord! I just wanted to come home. If we'd have lived in the city or town or something, I probably would have liked it better. I try to block that time out of my mind..... I do still stay in touch with friends I made there, though.

Well I reckon I better get busy. Hope you all have a good day when ya wake up!!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; November 15th, 2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old November 15th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Captain Starfire

Yikes is right! Dat sure weren't none of my relatives, no....

But takin' da' hare off da' right way is no fun ....
Wasn't there an old horror movie named Bucket of Blood? Maybe your French friend (Parisian no doubt? ) produced it....
It must've been the brother of yer Belle from New Iberia....

And speakin' of Cajuns, did anybody in the metro Hotlanta area used to listen to Bobby Hebert on the radio (sports, Falcons, etc.) when he was up there?

John, One time I had dis French dude come up ere [friend of a friend] to slaughter a pig. He caught de blood in a pail to make blood sausage. He also burned de hair off with a torch instead of boil'in and scrap'in it off.
Mike, I think Julia actually hurt Jason in that scene... she really ripped that rug off violently.... but that wasn't as bad as when Michael bonked Julia in the face with the golf bag.... she had a shiner for quite a while after that one....

Pat, they don't make freezers like they used to! Congrats on all those years. Funny how stuff back then just lasted and lasted. I've seen a few refregerators from the 50s and 60s literally disintegrate before the refrigeration components quit. And all the old Chryslers I used to drive (I had 3 of them) with the old V-twin A/C compressors had working A/C when I either sold them or had them towed off... they never quit. My two '69s actually had copper condensers. My miserable F-150 and '89 Mustang's systems never worked worth a plug nickel from day-1.

It was a might cool at the plantation this mernin'.... 36 to be exact. Yota was breathing smoke, but seemed to fare well in her rug and beach towel under the grill. I think I'm going to put a mug warmer out there with her tonite .

Y'all have a great Thursday, folks.
Old November 15th, 2012, 07:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Mawnin All

Dreary dank day ere but at least the rain has vamoosed

Scot - Been a long time since Round 2 started. Any updates? Still hoping you got someone in arbitration on your side down there.
Allan it's on like chicken bone brudda I suppose we will go to court sometime this decade

Anywho next time I plant a tree, remind me to NOT plant a silver leaf maple We have one right out front to shade to house in the summer and wow does thing make a mess The front yard has been raked two times this fall already and it looks like it hasn't been raked all year I guess I need to start a compost pile with all of the leaves My Grandfather always had one and we always had a garden and fishing bait too

Well I've bent your ears enough Yall have a great Fall day
Old November 15th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Day umpteen when everyone was walking out early and I wasn't. Seems our Number 2 engine had a bad bleed valve that didn't want to be fixed. I'm sure dayshift will make short order of it. We had a lot of work on the plane that we just finished at turnover.

Scot I used to have Silver Maples in my yard up home. I always thought they were nice looking but hated the helicopters that fell and made a mess. Now I miss them but I didn't know a Silver Maple would grow down here. I might have to plant one or a few.

Sandy is your kidney giving you more trouble or is this just a scheduled thing? Man I'd hate for you to go through all that again. We'd have to take a hit out on Dr. Cha ching.

Jamesbo with everything I get into at work, the oleo-melt at Awful house is almost health food.

Holy Cow it's almost 11. Off to bed for me. Everyone have a great day.
Old November 15th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Mike.... No, I'm not having any problems with my kidneys. Then again, I never had any problems to begin with until they created some! This is a follow up from having the stent removed in August. He wants to see how the kidney looks now, if it's swollen still or normal size and working like it should be. It's still real tender in my lower abdomen where the uereter tube was getting blocked and it caused that god awful pain. I've really noticed it lately with moving Nicole. Lugging boxes, alot of bending and stretching.... they created this problem, lol. Just something else I'll have to worry about the rest of my life that used to not bother me at all.

Scot....nice to hear from ya! Hope everyone is feeling better now.
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Always room for one more

Wow howdy everyone. Must have been a busy day for everyone. I got some pretty good sleep today, finally getting up for good around 630. Gonna be a cold one tonight. Doesn't matter how calm it is elsewhere, the wind is whipping at the airport.

Okay off to work. Tomorrow is Friday! Lots planned for my weekend, maybe I'll have a little fun mixed in as well.
Old November 16th, 2012, 05:17 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili dis mawn'in but spose to warm up later.

Done had a big ole bowl of grits to warm my tummy.

Anyone but me ever notice how often Sandy says, "And Such" ?
Old November 16th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Captain Starfire

TGIF this week

Just wanted to be the first to say TGIF this week .
Chilly in the swamp, but not quite as nippy as yesterday & Wednesday. It was 41; expect to get about 70 today, with nary a chance of of a bovine animal nearing a boulder all the way thru Turkey Day.

BTW, I know somebody's got to pay for our site, but this new "ad" stuff really bites. Been following some of the "Site Related" threads that hint that I'm not alone. It really takes a lot of pleasure out of browsing. Add to that my employer's obsolete I.E. 7, heavy restrictions, and speed comparable to dial-up and I think I'm going to start trying to find real work again....

Y'all have a great one.

p.s.: Thanks for not saying TGIF, Jamesbo; you'd have "ruint" my post
No. How often does Sandy say "and such"?

Hope da' grits was good. (Better half & I have to say "Grits is good" every time we eat 'em. ) As for breaking my fast, I had one of my home-made lemon-poppyseed muffins.... perdy dern good, too, I must say.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; November 16th, 2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old November 16th, 2012, 05:33 AM

John, Did you send me de e-mail 'bout archeologist in Louisiana?
Old November 16th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Captain Starfire

Yeah....

Ju like it? And everybody thought Louisiana was last in everything.....