The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2012, 02:07 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Allan R
Ya mean Nicola boom boom? Naw, she's just got nice boom booms.
Well Allan, can't brag about her and not show us a picture.
Old November 4th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Darrell
Not bragging about her. She's kind of flaky. But have a look and decide for yourself. Works best if you view in 'full screen' mode. When it comes to crappy weather, I believe in shooting the messenger...
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...kzPPrGJeVu6B6w
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:45 PM

But have a look and decide for yourself
Well, I did!
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

So did you even notice the weather map or were you looking elsewhere? That was from 2009. Since then she's started to wear more provocative outfits. But I didn't want to shock you with a weather exposé. Gee, if you moved up here, she's single and looking for a good looking guy 6'2" or more around 210?
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Standard Time everyone.

I tried to stay awake today but my brain went into auto-shutdown and I had to have a nap. I've gotten a few things done around the house this afternoon, so I' pleased about that.

Allan I like Boom Boom. We had a weatherperson here named Dagmar. Everyone raved about what a figure she had and then I finally saw her. Not so much. What I thought was funny out of all the people who drooled over Dagmar the weatherperson, no one knew who the real Dagmar was.

We were supposed to get rain here today and we didn't. The sun was out most of the day and temps around 70. Hope it lasts. Tomorrow is car washing day, I might just have to partake.

Think I'll hit the sack early tonight so when I wake up tomorrow I'll be all adjusted to the time change. I'll be finding clocks that need changing for weeks. Cars I don't get into very often. Clocks in rooms I never look at.

Hope everyone's week starts out good.
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:39 PM

she's single and looking for a good looking guy 6'2" or more around 210?
Well, lemme get some seventies platform shoes, and put some ankle weights on, and I'll give it a try, hell, after she drinks a few beers, maybe I'll get a trifecta!
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:49 PM
"Car"mudgeon

http://google.org/crisismap/2012-sandy

Wow I now realize just how much real estate Sandy affected.
This is a neat link that you can interact with and zoom into with different clicks. And it shows all of the detrimental things like available gas, groceries, shelters, power outages and how many affected... etc
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:53 PM
"Car"mudgeon

So did you even notice the weather map or were you looking elsewhere?
I followed the link but What map
Old November 4th, 2012, 07:20 PM
GM Enthusiast

So did you even notice the weather map or were you looking elsewhere?
There was a weather map?? Must have missed it!
Old November 4th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Scot - go to the head of the line. Neat link on Sandy. Looks to me like Manhattan is the place you don't want to be. Lots of power out symbols is scary. Hope those folks have backup systems or wood fireplaces. With luck they'll be up and running quick. I see there's lots of outside help headed their way.
Old November 5th, 2012, 04:27 AM

Mawn'in all

A bit chili, but not too cold to go smack whitey 'round.

Allan, Nicola looks jes like de kinda fat girl one needs to keep ya warm on dem cold winter nites.

John, I still can't believe dem Dirty Birds. I've never seen anything like it.

Anyone else see dis garage pie chart?

Welp, Duty calls

Have a great day Olds friends
Old November 5th, 2012, 04:46 AM
CQR

Good Morning all.

The Missus is one year older now. Her birfday was Saturday. and shes 29! We slept in to 10:00 We never do that. The bed in the hotel was really lumpy, but I didn't get a backache like usual. It was a good time. Spent a lot of money tho. The food was good. they have some great Bakon Bloody Marys tho.
Attachment 173530

Yes, Sandy, We went there last year when the kid was doing her thing. But we didn't stay there overnight last year. Just did a day trip with a tour.

Still mid 60's tp 70 this week. The weekend looks colder and snowier. Looks like I have a race on Sunday. It'll be the fist time in over a year. Man I gotta get back in shape again. And yes, I know Round is a shape...

Bagged up another 9 bags of leaves yesterday. waited a few hours and couldn't see the driveway again. I was gonna take Brittany out, but thought better of it.

John, Hope all works well. Why in tarnation are you gonna get your a/c fixed now? Not sure if you realize its getting cold and the outside a/c is free

Jamesbo, every day all day. usually after the phone rings.

Welp, I need to get to the shop and change the clocks.
Old November 5th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy all.

Brisk 40* here this morning. The sun is out so that makes it tolerable, if not a little misleading.

Clint glad you had a good time this weekend, and happy happy to the wife. I wouldn't have thought to put bacon on a bloody mary. Hey whatever works.

Jamesbo love the pie chart. I'd love some pie more. That chart is pretty acurate. I used to know a guy that when he was working on the car, if he dropped a tool he'd throw all his other tools on the floor and say, there, now I don't have to worry about dropping any more tools. What a nut. Good luck with whitey. And Gilbert.

It's supposed to warm up a little today so I think I'll work on the Corvette. After its tantrum of a couple months ago it's just sat and I walk past it every day wishing it would run again. Well you know the old adage, wish in one hand....

So the week starts! Be good everyone.

Last edited by slantflat; November 11th, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old November 5th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Please tell me the sun is still out there somewhere?????? I'm afraid I'll never see it again, lol. It's been 11 days. Cloudy and dark here, temps in the 30's. It's supposed to clear tonight and get down in the 20's and the sun is supposed to shine for the next several days. They showed temps in the 60's for the coming weekend. I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I'm tired again today. It takes me about 2 weeks to get used to this friggin time change.

I took Lin shopping yesterday. Nicole went along. I didn't get home until almost 5 and it was close to dark. I worked out in the yard anyhow. The security lights on the ends of the house came on, so I could see what I was doing, lol. Got the Halloween containers ready to schlep back upstairs in the garage tonight.

Gas is down to 3.07/3.06 in Streetsboro. Still in the 3.20's around here. I filled Tincanio yesterday on my way to Ravenna. I imagine after the election it will shoot back up!

Nicole registered to vote. She got her letter yesterday with her polling place on it. I am soooooo sick of hearing all this election crap.........

Clint.... glad you had a good time. Happy late b'day to your wife!

Well I better do something. I just put my capris on and rolled them above my knees. It's already 76 back here......... You all have a good Monday!
Old November 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM
NOVICE car nut

Good Morning ....

Originally Posted by CQR
Good Morning all.

The Missus is one year older now. Her birfday was Saturday. and shes 29! We slept in to 10:00 We never do that. The bed in the hotel was really lumpy, but I didn't get a backache like usual. It was a good time. Spent a lot of money tho. The food was good. they have some great Bakon Bloody Marys tho.

Happy Birthday Missus ! Those are some rather interesting Bloody Mary's ya got there .... Never had them with bacon before .

Bagged up another 9 bags of leaves yesterday. waited a few hours and couldn't see the driveway again.
I had to share this one , even if it goes agaisnt the grain of the title of the thread .... I seen two people within a block of one another blowing leaves around with an electric leaf blower in the rain while the leaves are wet . .... Maybe they need a hobby .

Jamesbo - Love the chart ! LOL
Old November 5th, 2012, 09:04 AM
CQR

The caramelized bacon was a nice touch. But I'm surprised none of you have heard of them. They are a huge hit around here.

Old November 5th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Cutlass Lover

Sorry, but that don't even sound good to me, lol! It's still cold out, and in the 30's. Still gray. More drama..... more stress.....

Nicole texts me this morning saying that Jason (The Landlord) left her a voicemail saying the rent was behind and he would have to have the house back. Now....
before he left for the army, Charlie showed Nicole papers where him and Jason agreed that the rent would come directly out of Charlies checking acct, to Jason. I asked Nicole if she knew where these papers are? No. I said ya better be looking for them. I told her that Jason can throw her out on her butt since they were paying by the month with no lease to protect them..... She supposedly called Jason and left him a voice mail. I don't know.

When I was at her house yesterday, a thing from Huntington bank came for Charlie. It was a notice that his acct. is overdrawn by $195.00.... I don't know how Nicole can get the info to him, since she can't call him or anything. I told her today to go to KSU and talk to his recruiter. Maybe he has a way to contact Charlie and tell him what's going on.

Larry says since we've both tried to talk to her and she wouldn't listen, if she ends up in a homeless shelter, so be it.

I thrive on stress..... I thrive on stress..... I thrive on stress......
Old November 5th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Always room for one more

Originally Posted by oldsguybry
I seen two people within a block of one another blowing leaves around with an electric leaf blower in the rain while the leaves are wet . .... maybe they need a hobby.
Maybe they need Darwin. How hard was it raining?

Sandy perhaps that's why the rent hasn't come out of Charlie's account, because it's empty? What about building a little apartment in the back garage over Teepo's bay for Nicole to live in. She sure has her share of the drama.

Got a little yard work done today. Gonna help my neighbor in a minute redo his water line. He said he's been getting high bills and he can't find a leak. So he's redoing the line from the meter to the street. Hope that's the cause of the high bills.
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:11 PM
CQR

Meter to the street? That would mean its before the meter and he wouldn't be charged for it... If he's getting billed, it has to be on his side of the meter.
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:58 PM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by slantflat
Maybe they need Darwin. How hard was it raining?
It was just misting at the time , but it was raining harder earlier , and everything was definitely wet .
Old November 5th, 2012, 05:50 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hi All. Slowly starting to improve around here. Down to about 300,000 without electricity on Long Island and they say most of them will have it back by Wednesday. (Just in time for the next storm on that same day.)

My kids are still home as school is still out for most districts around here.

The gas situation still has not really improved. Very few stations have it and those that do have raised their prices by as much as 50 cents/gallon. One station around here that had gas had their pricing structure as 4.59/4.69/4.79 for regular/ + / premium. Nothing like kicking people when there down.

Jamesbro, I like the garage pie chart. Right on the money.
Old November 5th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Always room for one more

Good evening everybody.

Clint you are right, it was meter to house. Doesn't make much sense the other way. We got 170 feet of Schedule 40 put in and no leaks afterwards.

Darrell I'm glad things are getting better. Maybe the next storm will be a non-issue. The station owners who are gouging should be dragged out to the street and beaten. There's no call for that. I bet when they get home to their own mess they complain about high prices from contractors and slow service.

Rain is supposed to start here in an hour, replete with thunder and lightning. Boy I hope not. And, it's supposed to rain until late tomorrow afternoon. Not fun. It seems like we haven't had rain in weeks. That's fine with me.

Think I'll hit the sack early. Awful house comes early. Nighty night everyone.
Old November 5th, 2012, 07:29 PM
GM Enthusiast

Good evening everybody.

Darrell I'm glad things are getting better. Maybe the next storm will be a non-issue. The station owners who are gouging should be dragged out to the street and beaten. There's no call for that. I bet when they get home to their own mess they complain about high prices from contractors and slow service.

Rain is supposed to start here in an hour, replete with thunder and lightning. Boy I hope not. And, it's supposed to rain until late tomorrow afternoon. Not fun. It seems like we haven't had rain in weeks. That's fine with me.
Mike,

Hopefully you're right about the storm. I think it's the same one you're getting now.

The gas prices are crazy. I guess they think they can charge what they want since there is barely any around. I bought regular gas last wednesday at $3.77 a gallon. Now the cheapest I have seen it for since then is 4.09 and the highest is 4.59.
Old November 6th, 2012, 04:59 AM

Mawn'in all

Wet down ere but no thunder to frighten Mike's pups. Jes a slow drizzle.

Played like a goat yesterday.

Scot, Take note.Be sure to get your girls to date de guy what owns de house and not the guy who's O.D. [Oughta Dough]

Sandy, I don't think de recruiter can do squat. Try Family Services. FWIW, Dis kinda SNFU wit Military paychecks is a unfortunate rather common occurrence

http://www.military.com/spouse/milit...-services.html

Dang De polls have been opened over 30 mins an de Networks haven't named a winner yet. What's de world com'in to?

We'll See

Have a great day Olds Friends. an remember to vote early an OFTEN.
Old November 6th, 2012, 05:26 AM
CQR

Mornin all,

Jamesbo, headin to the polling place to drop off 3 ballots. Thanks for the reminder

Mike good to hear you got it stopped up. Shoulda been able to see the real green patch in the yard to pinpoint the leak

Dang them kids Sandy! I hope she gets it figured out. Seems like one day they are on the track and the next day, they couldn't find their derriere with either hand.

Best wishes to you Darrell. I have a buddy in Jersey that sent some pic's of Sea Bright. Man what a mess.

Well, to quote Jackie Chan "Happy erection day"
Old November 6th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Happy Election Day to ya! Hopefully we will get the country headin in the right direction today....... I'll just be thankful not to hear any more advertisements.....

THE SUN IS OUT!!!!! It's a glorious thing! It's only 28 degrees, but it's sunny!!!! It makes a person feel so much better just to see the sun! Looks like our weekend is going to be around 64 degrees.... I'll take it!

Its 78 in here. I put on the capri's (I've decided just to leave here so I can put them on every day), and I turned on my fan. Brian isn't here yet - he was gonna vote this morning. Any excuse to be late works for him! Crap... here he is, lol!

Jamesbo.... I told her that's how it is with the government. Charlie should have known things don't always get done like they should. Oh well, it is what it is.... She called me crying last night about probably having to get rid of Emmett, her dog. I understand how she feels. Back when it was only me and my 2 cats, I hid them at places where I lived that didn't allow animals. They were all I had in the world that no one could take from me, and I wasn't getting rid of them. Easier to hide a cat than a dog. My heart goes out for her and I feel terrible. Things will work out - I have faith.

If the election goes the 'wrong' way today, I don't even want to go home and listen to Larry. He was already fired up this morning! He says he's not plowing the snow from any of our neighbors drives this winter that has a sign in their year for the 'other' side.... To me, that's just wrong. We have good neighbors, and he plows their drives every year. The bible says help your neighbor. It was here before the constitution was written, lol. Same as having a neighbor who is catholic and your a baptist, lol. People are different and everyone has rights. Can't all be the same, can't all think the same. And you shouldn't hold their beliefs against them because they're different than yours..... That's how this country gets in trouble. But Larry is very narrow minded... and never wrong!!

Well reckon I'll get off of here and get started doing something. This is what I saw when I turned the corner on Rt. 82 this morning!! Have a great day all!!

Old November 6th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Same rain here as Jamesbo has, and the dogs have resigned themselves into going outside in it. I hate that for them. If I were elected president today I'd ban rain. Rain would need a permit and have restricted hours.

Sandy that's a nice picture. Almost looks Divine. Tell Larry you overheard a neighbor with a sign say they wouldn't do something for him because of his sign. Or you could plow for them. Chicks in trucks are cool.

Clint there was no green spot. Evidently wherever the leak was it was pointing down. The ground is so dry here(well it was) it would have been soaked up.

Looks like it will be inside stuff for today. But it's Tuesday, so Awful house it is.
Old November 6th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Captain Starfire

Whelpt, ....

Scot, yes he is.

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Anywho Seinfeld is coming to Macon and this is a poll from the local TV News website
Would you pay $47 to $87 to see Jerry Seinfeld in Macon?

• Yes
  • No
or View Results

My answer: No I wouldn't. Maybe $20 a ticket but not more than $25
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Captain Starfire

That Jackie is where it's at.....

A nip in the air here in the swamps this mernin'... but should be downright chilly manana; supposedly back down into the 40s on both shores of da' lake. That's dead-of-winter down here

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
John, I still can't believe dem Dirty Birds. I've never seen anything like it.
Anyone else see dis garage pie chart?
Jamesbo, I think Marie Laveau's ghost burned a black candle on LSU Saturday... and burned a white one for da' Black Birds yesterday . Next Sunday is da' moment of truth for the 3-5 Who-Dat's vs. da' 8-0 Birds.... I think there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth in da' Dome come Sunday afternoon..... But ya' never know

Originally Posted by CQR
The Missus is one year older now. Her birfday was Saturday. and shes 29!
John, Hope all works well. Why in tarnation are you gonna get your a/c fixed now? Not sure if you realize its getting cold and the outside a/c is free
Clint, Happy (belated) Berfday to da' Missus! My-o-my.....29.... she's gettin' up there, eh?
As far as the A/C, I've been wanting to get off my rump and have it fixed for over a year now.... the longer you let those systems dysfunctional the greater the odds of needing major repairs when repair time comes around... plus that "defrogger" really comes in handy on those muggy, rainy southern winter days. Got the truck back yesterday and the bill was $120... I could have kissed the guy! Turns out the jaboni who did the work a few years ago left off the low-side cap, and there was a slow leak in the valve there. So he put me a new valve and new cap (the Ford cap was more expensive than the valve ); did me a good 3-hour evacuation (dat musta' felt good), and recharge; works like new..... pretty confident that was the only issue.

John - Sorry to hear no home for Yota yet. Glad to hear the code problem is 'fixed'. Can't believe you went that long without scheduled mtce though.
Allan, yeah, Yota keeps gettin' cuter & cuter and more & more tame, and wiffey is gettin' more & more attached.... and household is gettin' more & more disrupted.... I let the other three out on the patio w/ Yota in her kennel yesterday.... they didn't really respond w/ glee, let's just say.... Really need to find that girl a home. The thought of taking her to the shelter sparks immediate wet-eye syndrome from wiffey; so I know to avoid it.... my, how I'm trained...

As far as the codes, the misfires weren't even detectable, except electronically .... and the car never got below 30 mpg; if the entire spark plug electrode were to wear away, it would kill the cylinder; so I knew nothing terribly bad was going on w/ the car. I'd certainly have stopped driving it if I'd gotten the "flashing" engine light. But with the platinum plugs, sane driving, a good ear, and unleaded gas, I knew it wasn't having any long-term detrimental effects.

We had a weatherperson here named Dagmar.
Mike, is Dagmar gone? She sure look(ed) good on dem billboards, and even on TV.... at least to me. Was it all makeup, wonder-bra, and stiletto heels?

Hang in there Darrell... hope things improve rapidly. We feel your pain down here. Dat's crazy about the refusal to allow dem non-union power-line trucks to help. I know a bunch of Entergy trucks were staged up there before the storm even hit. The Entergy T&D guys might be actually unionized (electricians); but not sure. I know that most Entergy employees are not unionized.
I'd mention something about media bias and a lack of reporting during the election on any FEMA flubs or unresponsiveness; but that might be political.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; November 6th, 2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:14 AM

Morning all

Jamsbo,
At least you can play golf. To wet here grass is so high and ground so wet you can lose ***** in the fairway.

Got my custom dash insert back from the machine shop for the 48 now just have to buy the gauges $518.00 for the set I want.

Hope all the people on the left coast can side step the coming Nor easterner.
Did I say that right?

Have a great day all
Old November 6th, 2012, 08:12 AM
NOVICE car nut

Good Morning....

I just got back from the voting station , it took about 10 minutes .... I love second shift

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Scot, Take note.Be sure to get your girls to date de guy what owns de house and not the guy who's O.D. [Oughta Dough]
Not to be confused with OCD ! Outa Currency Disorder

Dang De polls have been opened over 30 mins an de Networks haven't named a winner yet. What's de world com'in to?
That would be because the average volunteer age at the voting station is about 96

Have a great day Olds Friends. an remember to vote early an OFTEN.
I stopped going back to vote after 6 times , because I ran out of disguises

Originally Posted by CQR
Well, to quote Jackie Chan "Happy erection day"
Ahhhhhhhhh !

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Happy Election Day to ya! Hopefully we will get the country headin in the right direction today
Is this a hint of who you DIDN'T vote for ?
Old November 6th, 2012, 09:52 AM

Why is it, the more technologically advanced we become, the longer it takes to vote?
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Bryan..... I couldn't come right out and say it, now could I? Even tho there's a Romney sign in our yard.....

Larry voted on his way to work this morning. He said the wait in line was over 45 minutes. The guy ahead of him waited - just to find out he was at the wrong place! They switched our voting places around, as they divided Summit County up into more districts after the last census thing or something. They screwed us up is what they did. We have to vote for council things that we never had to before. I tried to really research all the issues. We have a ton of local crap to vote on.

It's still gorgeous outside! I went to Macedonia at lunch time and came back here and walked. It's up to 43 degrees, but that sun is sooooooooo nice and sooooooo warm!

Jamesbo.... I made your Arroz rice with beef last night. It was good!! I burped it all night cause of the chili powder, lol.

Nicole went and voted for the first time, she said. I will go after work. Ok, better get back at it......
Old November 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM

I Done did my voting Early .. last Monday..
No Waiting.
Old November 6th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Been overcast today but the rain stopped this morning. Supposed to come back after midnight but so far a decent evening.

It's cold in the house so I got my wood stove cranked up. It brought up the temp in here about 6 degrees in maybe 15 minutes. But I only have wet firewood left.

John I don't know if Dagmar is gone I don't usually watch the news. People don't talk about her anymore. Over the summer at the Summit cruise ins this guy would bring a 50s Cadillac so I'd see Dagmars every week.

Bryan I used to work second shift. Loved it. Don't think I'd work it now though, it wouldn't be the best for the dogs I don't think. Worked out well though when I drank a lot.

Good Seinfelds tonight. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Well I think I'll give my Mom a call and see what she's up to. Jamesbo I forgot the name of the coffee shop you wanted me to go to.
Old November 7th, 2012, 01:13 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Ohio

Did I mention
Old November 7th, 2012, 04:15 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Not much I can say. I better get to work, lots of programs to pay for.
Old November 7th, 2012, 04:26 AM

Mawn'in all

Well, It looks like dares gonna be sum snow pil'in up round Larry an Sandy's Neighbor's houses.

Mike, De name of de Coffee house is de Coffee Cup.

Sandy, Sorry de Arroz rice gave you indigestion. I'm not feel'in exactly chipper dis mawn'in myself.

Guess dare sing'in "Rocky Mountain High" in de rockies dis mawn'in.

GTG befo I say sum'in I shouldn't

Like I always say, When I'm down, I watch dis video

Old November 7th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All. No smiley face this morning....

Well it is what it is. Nothing we can do about it now. We had hope for awhile..... God I am so embarrassed that I live in Ohio. But our state wasn't the only one full of idiots. What's wrong with these people????? I just don't get it. I did what I could do, and that's all I could do. I'd sure like to know how the employed tax paying working people in this state have been helped in the last 4 years. We sure haven't been....... I feel like I should be wearing black today... Oh wait, I am!

The sun is out today and it's in the 20's again right now. Supposed to be a nice day.

Nicole came over last night to pick up a job application I got for her at a vet's office. She filled it out and I will take it back for her today at lunch. Her and Larry had a talk and he is going to let her move back in. BUT..... she has to follow his rules. Hopefully she has learned from her past mistakes. I do not want to be stuck in the middle of them again!!! She has to get rid of Emmett. It breaks my heart.

So I guess this weekend we will take Larry's tractor haulin trailer over and load up what little furniture she has and such. He told her she can store it in his out building over at the shop. Now I have to rearrange what I have put in her old bedroom and clean out the closet, where I put lots of my clothes! Larry is going to buy her refrigerator and use it at the shop and get rid of the old one he has there.

He is also going to take Charlie's toolbox and all the tools. I don't know where we will put that big 47 or 50" TV they have. She's gonna sell a lot of Charlies games, and give his clothes to Goodwill. What a mess....

Brian is leaving at noon today. He has to go get a car he just got from his dad in Florida e-checked and titled over to his name and such. The car is for his son. Must be nice.....

Well you all try to have a good day. Nothing we can do now but pray and complain, lol.
Old November 7th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Captain Starfire

Well said.

Not much to say that Sandy and Clint haven't already eloquently expressed. So I don't need to get political .

Otherwise, was nippy at the plantation this morning. Yota was frisky out on the patio....

Need to think good, happy thoughts, like this: Friday is our 21st wedding anniversary, so we have tickets to the premier of Skyfall for the aftenoon in Metairie, then we're heading to Jacmel, a great little eat-spot in Hammond that we visit once or twice a year for special occasions. I'll probably eat like there's no tomorrow, which -- judging by election results -- there may not be .

I'll give a report on the restaurant (or at least what we get) so that Sandy can visit there when she comes to see her friend from Swamp People....

Mike, not sure about the meaning of "...50s Cadillac so I'd see Dagmars every week" reference.

Jamesbo: Great video . I needed a smile..... I think I'm gonna' let Frank Sinatra and Nelson Riddle (or Billy May or Gordon Jenkins or Neal Hefti) mellow me away. Ol' Blue Eyes has a way of allowing me to count my blessings....

Y'all have as great a hump-day as possible under the circumstances.

Originally Posted by CQR
Mornin all.
Not much I can say. I better get to work, lots of programs to pay for.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; November 7th, 2012 at 06:44 AM.