The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Hump Day everybody.

Went out this morning to get spark plugs and to get my hair cut. While I was out my neighbor called and wanted to go to breakfast, so I went home and picked him up and went to the greek diner down the road. Always a good place.

John that's pretty cool. Some of the addresses actually showed what was next door, but neat nonetheless.

Allan I hate that you are getting snow, but I don't hate that we aren't. It's actually over 70 right now, with rain threatening but so far nothing. Perhaps you can sit up in your observation deck with a hot toddy and enjoy not being out in it.

John I hadn't heard about the 787. Northwest was supposed to be the launch carrier for that plane, but Delta put the kybosh on that. I'm glad, I don't think I want to fly around in a plastic airplane, at least not one of the first ones. It must have been a computer that fried itself to give off so many messages at once. Odd that they'd declare an emergency if the plane was still actually flying correctly. Good article, though.

Sandy that's sure too bad about your people. Remember the good stuff. Eighty degrees in the office? Holy Cow you could grow your own cultures. There's an idea, spray water under Brian's desk when he's not looking.

Well I gotta do something this afternoon. Hope everyone's day is going well.
Old December 5th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - here ya go. Something special taken from my 'observation deck'. Unfortunately I won't be sitting up there for a while. Have to take the wife grocery shopping. Seems like in Alberta there's no 'middle of the road' when it comes to weather. Come to think of it, you wouldn't be able to find the middle of the road out there anyway. The irony of this is that just 2 hours ago the plows were through clearing the snowfall from the last couple of days.
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Always room for one more

Ah! Those pictures made me dizzy. I can remember plenty of days(weeks?) that looked just like that growing up. My condolences.

The rain we were supposed to get for several hours turned out to be about 10 drops and then it cleared up. Still a little cloudy but I can see sunset-blue sky peeking through.

I gave my boy a bath this afternoon and in the process got shampoo and dog hair all over me and the bathroom. He turned out spiffy. I used up the shampoo so my girl gets to wait until next week for her bath.
Old December 6th, 2012, 04:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter nice day. Still none o f de rain they're call'in fer.

GTG meet my state rep fer coffee @ Starbucks. Sure wish it wer de Awful house insted. I hate Starbucks Java

Have a great day Olds friends.

Oh yeah, We're a drop off place fer Toys fer Tots
Old December 6th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cold and frosty this morning, temps at 25 degrees. Sun is coming up though, and we're supposed to be around 40 today.

Jamesbo.... I'm not nuts about Starbucks coffee either. It's way too strong. I drink decaf now, since having A-fib, and it's even too strong there. I drink my coffee with creamer and sugar, and I really have to doctor it if I have it at Starbucks. Now a Strawberry Frapacino is another story...... they are wonderful there! Expensive, fattening, and sooooo good!! I think a small one is around $4.00! I only get them every once in a while.

Another quiet night at the house last night, lol. I cut up the fudge I made and put it into tins. That's about all I got accomplished. Seems to be another quiet day in here too. I sat here and dozed yesterday......

I called Bedford Trim yesterday about doin Teepo's interior. He wants to see the seats, so if I get a chance and it's nice out, I'll take her over. Otherwise, I'll pull the seat out, put it in Larry's truck and take it over. I'd like to order the material from SMS - I hear they can be very slow in getting the material shipped. The guy told me yesterday that it would be around $1000 for them to make the seat cover and install it. Front seat only......

Well have a great day all and stay warm!
Old December 6th, 2012, 05:40 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Warm this morning when I went out to feed. Bout 55 degrees at 5AM. I guess that as high as its gonna get. We are lookin for snow, and yes, my sinuses say we really need it.

That seems really high Sandy.

Hope you have a good meeting Jamesbo.

Have a great thursday all.
Old December 6th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Captain Starfire

Howdy, all....

Whelpt, dropped the better half off at the airport this morning at an ungodly hour (less godly than the usual commute ). Supposed to go eat Chinese (food, that is) in Metairie after work today with some friends I worked with last year; should be nice.

Weather still mild and muggy; was in mid-60s at the Plantation; s'posta be almost 80 again today.

At work yesterday, I moved to a new cubicle in a different building. This is the third building I've been in since I came back here almost 3 years ago.... average of one building per year... If the Good Lord says the same, this will be my final move out here.

Jamesbo, if GA is like LA, he'll have his hand out for a big campaign contribution, or worse yet, for a donation to his private foundation Good luck.

Well, we're lookin' Friday square in the eyes, friends; maybe I'll actually get some things done outside at the house this weekend, as it's predicted to be warm with little chance of the cow and the rock. Have a great one.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 6th, 2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:01 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Now a Strawberry Frapacino is another story...... they are wonderful there! Expensive, fattening, and sooooo good!! I think a small one is around $4.00! The guy told me yesterday that it would be around $1000 for them to make the seat cover and install it. Front seat only.

Yeah I agree on the Starbucks thing , although I like their coffee , just not their price .
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:38 AM

John, De "he" was a "she" and she one of the few I would trust as fer as I could sling an ox.

IMHO Starbucks coffee sucketh. almost 6 bucks fer a decaf an a crummy cinnamon roll.
Old December 6th, 2012, 08:05 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Mawnin All

Another cloudy and warm day here.

Sandy it sounds like that guy don't want any business Is the $1000.00 quote for taking your material and stitching it together and installing it on the seats that you bring him? And only for the front?? That price should be for both front and back being that he don't have to mess with getting the fabric or pulling the seats out of the car. The back seat is easy to remove, just one bolt. The front is a little more involved.

Not much of a Starbucks fan either, but I like coffee and especially fresh coffee. Most book stores around here have a Starbucks within and now a few Kroger grocery stores have them as well. Usually by the time I go to town I have had my fill of coffee anywho

Jamesbo which Rep are you meeting? Austin Scott our U.S. Representative for our district has one of his offices in Wonderful Robins over by where my friend works.

That's a good thing that Toys for Tots We always give to them as much as possible and every year we buy for a boy and a girl and pray that it goes to the actual needy. When I was a Sales Rep fer the A/C place I would "pick" a family that really needed it and ask if they would let my family "sponsor" them for Christmas.

Allan we hope you can dig out by spring
Old December 6th, 2012, 08:16 AM

State House Rep Scot. Jan Jones Nice lady.
Old December 6th, 2012, 10:29 AM

Morning all, same with the weather down under, hot with a chance of hotter

I would love to look out my window and see that Allan, but I might have to change the tyres on my motorbike before I could go to work

I had a starbucks coffee when we were in LA. The price seemed about right for an aussie (overpriced like everything here) but it was way to strong. We ended up getting most of our coffee from the servo, cost about $2 for 24 ounce coffee now that was a bargain

Sandy I agree with Scot, $1000 is crazy for a seat cover even without you supplying the material. Probably wouldn't be that expensive down here for me to get my front seat recovered. I got a quote the other day to get the Morris seats recovered and If I dropped them off and they supplied all the material it would only be $500. All be it they are smaller but there are 2 of them

Have a good feed with your work pals John, it is nice to catch up with old friends.

Time to get dressed and go to work, I don't want to today Have a good day olds friends,

Adrian
Old December 6th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well guys, it seems we don't have a shi*load of upholsterers around here. At least not that I can find. So I'll ask around some more - I think we're gonna have a get together at Bellacino's on Monday night - so I will ask the guys there again, about upholsterers.

We have Starbucks inside our Target Dept. stores here. Other than that, they're in the Malls, and we have one right here on the corner of 82 and 91 in Twinsburg. I love walking in Target and smelling their coffee, lol. But it is strong......
Old December 6th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Kiwi Ciera Driver

Mawnin y'all,
Overcast & drizzle here and I'm meant to be heading off on the motorbike

Still, can't complain, at the other end of the country a storm killed three and injured a dozen yesterday.

No Starbucks in THIS town - I have to make my own coffee!

And I'm pretty sure our local (and only) upholsterer isn't THAT expensive - I'll find out in a week or to hen he's finished my Morris seat. (Owning a Morris must be a 'down-under' thing eh Ausraven!)
Old December 6th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Always room for one more

Good evening everyone.

Scumdog, how are things in Kiwiland?

Well it's Monday, sort of. Since I took yesterday off this makes Monday, and tomorrow Friday. I like that sort of schedule. Supposed to be mild over night both nights, so I can't complain about that.

Well I want to go to Michigan to go see the Chrysler museum, got a good rate for a hotel, but the rental cars suck. Almost 200 for less than two days. I'm going Monday so I know it's a little close. And of course the longer I wait the more they will be. It's a racket, I tell ya. I'm staying in Ypsilanti, Ann Arbor actually but I'm visiting Ypsilanti.

I don't think I've ever been to a Starbucks. I don't drink coffee.

John hope the wife enjoys her stay in the Land of Lincoln. Did you know Illinois turned 194 on December 3?

Gonna hit the road. Hope everyone has a good evening and is prepared for the weekend.
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hmm,
Purty quiet when all there is to discuss is Starbucks...check in witcha later.
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:22 AM
CQR

Morning all. Woke up in a good mood for some unknown reason. Then I remembered its a somber remembrance of those lost 71 years ago.

Mike enjoy the mini Vacation. Sounds like a fun thing to see.

Allan, Is the snow as bad as I remember? not looking forward to it. They are calling for 6+" by Monday.

Sandy I hope you find someone a little more reasonable to fix you seat. I had the bench seat in the yota recovered by a guy here that charged me $75 including the materials (Not a show car job but looked nice anyhow.) I would think $3-400 would be plenty for labor for a top notch job.

Scumdog, Is your Morris' wheel on the wrong side of the car too?

Well, its Friday after a very expensive Thursday. Right after I posted yesterday I went down to do a little laundry. Turns out putting my MX body armor in the washer was a bad idea. It got caught in between the drum and door liner on the spin cycle and the plastic back panel wore a hole in the door. So. we bought a ~$2000 of washer and dryer last night. I had to think about it, but the old Maytags we had were better than 15 years old. They did their time I guess. The wife is picking them up today and putting them in the basement and taking the old ones out. so I best get brittney moved out of the way. have a great day Olds Friends.
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

TGIF Olds Friends

Another warm one today and the rest of the weekend is supposed to be awesome as well

Whelp I better get going, gotta run to the best butcher shop in da south so I'll have something to grill this weekend

Yall have a safe and wondermous weekend
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All

We got the cow on the flat rock here this morning. Supposed to be rainy pretty much the whole weekend. But temps are up in the 40's right now, so at least it's warmer. I'll take warmer!!

Steve is off today so that's nice. I won't be roasted to death today. It's sad that I can't wear any of my pretty Christmas shirts in here because it gets too hot. I have sooo many of them, but they're all heavier material like sweat shirts and fleece.

Another silent night in the Bemer household last night. I wish I had all the energy Larry wastes by being mad over stupid shi*!! Poor Nicole knows he's gonna corner her tomorrow at work, when I'm not around, and accuse her of coming between me and him already. We are not the ones that did anything wrong. So she has a black friend. So she was listening to gangum style music. He's the one who chooses to make mountains out of mole hills. I'm not the narrow minded racist one who yelled at my spouse at 7:00 in the morning!! I feel bad for her...... just like old times.....

I was going to take Lin shopping tomorrow, but when I talked to her yesterday, she's sick. I don't want it!! She sounded terrible. Said she's taking stuff, so hopefully she will feel better. We found out the day after Thanksgiving that she also has that COPD, which is why she gets so short of breath. I'm surprised her doc didn't give her an inhaler or some meds for it. He just said it wouldn't get any better, and that was that. I don't like that guy. So I let the heart group know too so they could put it in their records. I hope she's feeling better today. Guess I'll get the tree put up and start making cookies tomorrow. I really have no spirit.....

Clint.... what kind of new washer and dryer did ya get? I love our Maytag Duet set. It was real expensive several years ago, but has been worth it. I couldn't believe the difference in the clothes after being used to the old agitator type washers!

Mike.... have fun in Michigan! We had Lin at a rehab place in Ypsilanti after she first stroked out on us back in 1995. She had her defibulator put in in Ann Arbor. Great medical there!!

Well you all have a great Friday.
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:05 AM

Mawn'in all

Normally dis day, I say, "There's a little Nip in de air" [jes to be funny] but it's really rather warm down ere.

Mike, I think I'm gonna go to de Awful house dis mawn'in and get me a BIG bowl of grits jes to wash de nasty taste of dat lousy Starbuck's crap.

Only in America could da get away wit sell'in dat junk fer dat price. Course only in America could a guy like me grow up to have higher morals dan a TV evangelist like Jimmy Swaggert an sleep wit mo women dan a Hollywood star like Rock Hudson.

Sandy, Dis is jes de excuse ya need to call Blue an ax him who he'd use to recover dem seats. If ya get him, Tell him I miss him and if he'll return we'll kill de fatted calf [jes like de prodigal son]

Clint, A few year back I wanted one of dem fancy smacy Maytag sets wit de sweater dry on top [fer delicate golf shirt and such as Sandy would say] But de cotton pick'in things were as high as a cat's back.

I was on Lowe's one day and saw one of sale dat somebody had put a small dent in way down on de bottom and got it fer a song. I mean like who goes into de laundry room an get's down on their knees to inspect de frigg'in dryer bottom.

TGIF Olds Friends an PLEASE remember the ones we lost on December 7th.
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:53 AM
CQR

We bought some floor models. they are the Maytag Maxima series. Ours has a small dent in one too. but heck thats nothing. what til the missus gets them down our curved stairs. This is what the look like.

Old December 7th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone!

Jamesbo and Scot I don't know where you guys live but here smack in the middle of the two of you it's overcast and cool, high lucky to be 60.

Jamesbo I get your first funny but not the second one, except maybe that number might not be as high as you'd think.

Well I'm all set up for my trip next week. Got the hotel and the car. Now Delta just has to cooperate and get me there.

I got one of those fancy Maytags a little over a year ago. But I didn't get the pedestal so when I do laundry I have to get on my hands and knees to get it out of there. One of these days I'll build my own pedestal, about 4 feet high I'm guessing.

Sandy does Larry smoke? Maybe you could slip a little mj into his butts and help him relax a little. Or make him some special brownies. No not the exlax ones....

Okay time for beddy-by. Wasn't a bad night at work, we were inside with good lighting, I replaced a Digital Flight Data Recorder and the rubber plates on the nose gear spray deflector. Of course walking on the filthy and oily hangar floor all night got my boots messed up, which I realized when I saw I was making black footprints on my carpet when I got home. Eh, the carpet is coming up soon anyway.

Okay have a good day everyone. Jamesbo enjoy the Awful house. Get some scattered covered and don't be sceered.
Old December 7th, 2012, 08:51 AM

Mike, TV evangelist Jimmy Swaggart got caught wit a hooker and Rock Hudson was gay.

Get it?Got it? Good.
Old December 7th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Friday again already?? Wow, where does the time go?

The plows are finally getting to the bus routes (thank God we live right beside one) and they were just here. Not bad. Ha ha ha on them we're getting another dump today and next week. Good to see our tax money finally being used for something worthwhile. Y'all enjoy that warmth and flat rock. Tonight's low is supposed to drop to -21. Need to have the car plugged in if I want to use it tomorrow.

Clint - Nice washer and dryer. We bought a new set of LG about 8 years ago. Cost 2400 back then. Afraid to look at the $$ now. BTW, sometimes those washers get a funny smell in them because you need to use HE detergent. And no, the snow isn't that bad, it's the idiots that drive on it. If you got a snow blower, it's just fine.

Jamesbo - sounds like you got it made...

Mike - good thing you live alone. A Mrs. would have killed you for tracking that in. Check out the truck too...

Scot - some ribs, ground biff from Jamesbo's fatted calf, and a few steaks would be great! mmmmm mmmm doggeys.
Old December 7th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Captain Starfire

The Day Lives in Infamy

Howdy, Oldsmobuddies. Muggy and mild again; this week turned out to have much more wet stuff than they predicted; the 20% was accurate Wed thru today; usually 20% means don't hold your breath; but I've run into rain somewhere every day they said 20%.

Yesterday afternoon some jackass towing someting on a trailer took the liberty of driving on my front yard to (I assume) turn around, and got stuck. I wasn't there at the time, but he wound up putting deep gouges in the wet ground (that used to have a semblance of grass) prolly 40 or 50' long before somebody came to pull his sorry butt out, by the trailer. I don't know who it was, but I have the whole thing on my home video surveillance. Pretty pitiful... a big, new Ram 4-dr p/u with a POS trailer with I-have-no-idea-what loaded on it. I'm gonna do some investigation over the weekend; but I didn't get home until 8 last nite and of course left at 5:30 this morning. Lice. They just left the crushed and failed 2 x 4's in the holes, and didn't bother leaving a "sorry" note or anything....

But.... it's Friday and I can try to at least patch it up this weekend; with the weather, it's still sloppy wet out there. But grass surely won't regrow until spring.

Scot, so where's this fab butcher shop?

Mike, no, I didn't know the Land of Lincoln had its birthday this week. H.B., IL!

We got the front-loading HE Kenmores w/pedestals after Katrina and they've been pretty darn good since. One track for a pedestal drawer spilt its ball bearings a couple years ago, and I had to buy a new track. However, it was a replacement part that didn't fit right; so I wound up sending it back and buying some generic bearings, restuffing the track, and sealing it back up, and it works fine to this day. Every now and then, a "custom" project actually succeeds....

Adrian, we had a good time at din-din... I have a food hangover today! We went to a little place in Metairie called Mr. Ed's, since the Chinese place we wanted to go closes from 2-5, and we wanted to eat at 4. It was a fried feast .... unfortunately for my waist... can't do that too often. Started off w/ appetizers of fried mushrooms + fried onion rings, then got a salad + entree of fried seafood (oysters, swimps, & catfish) .... all excellent, I must say. I indulged myself and ate the whole thing w/ my fingers... now that's fun ! Of course, had lotsa' tartar sauce + coctail sauce and even a little lemon juice to further wet things up....

Well, y'all have a great resto' Friday. Should be interesting when I approach a couple of my neighbors about the tracks. This ain't the first time something like this has happened.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 7th, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone. The weekend is upon us!

John that's crazy about the yard. It wouldn't be too hard to spot when that truck shows up at the neighbors with mud all over it. What is a food hangover?

Jamesbo I knew Swaggart was caught with a ho and I knew Rock was gay. I thought you were putting more into it than just that.

Allan you know what's funny? I got dressed for work tonight, put on the same boots and went outside with the dogs, and then completely forgetting I walked across the carpeting to the computer. Looking around there aren't any new footprints, maybe the red dirt scrubbed off all the oil.

I'm taking the truck back to work so the Saturn and the Fiat will be here this weekend. I don't need a truck so I might as well free up some of the space on the driveway. I might bring the truck back next week and haul some scrap.

Hope everyone is having a nice evening and enjoys their weekend.
Old December 8th, 2012, 05:49 AM

Mawn'in all

Hey Mike, LI in NY wants me to go look at a green Cutlass drop top in Buford. Didn't you look at that car earlier.

You might save me a trip. I'll buy ya an Awful House Gift certificate.

Have a great weekend Olds friends GTG
Old December 8th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Always room for one more

Good Morning all.

Sorry Jamesbo, no gift card for me. The car I went to look at was white. You showed us a picture of a green convertible that belonged to a friend of yours, that looked like it was well on its way to returning to Earth's basic elements. I think the car LI is looking at is a 68 or 69. Is it on craigslist?

I don't want another night like last night at work. I start work at 930, and our plane was supposed to land at 1230. Instead it landed at 245 and got to us at 4am. I have never worked on a 747 before and I was completely lost. We were doing an inspection that someone said was supposed to take three days, and we did it in about an hour. Well the lead got mad and said make it last three days. I don't know what his problem was but that just meant we were done for the day. By the time turnover got there I was about out I was so tired. Luckily my car knows its own way home.

So that means I'll probably sleep all day today, which I hate. It wastes one of my days off. Eh, I'll do stuff tomorrow and then get ready for Detroit on Monday.

Not much else on my end, I'm going to retrieve the dogs out of the back yard then hit the sack for a little while. Hopefully I'll get up in time to enjoy this nice day. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:05 AM

Yep, Here it is. It's in a furniture/cabinet shop up near Buford off Friendship road.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/3386822923.html

I just thought you might have seen it in your travels.
Old December 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by CQR
the old Maytags we had were better than 15 years old. They did their time I guess.
They were probably about 1/2 way through their life to be honest with you .... or at least that's what I can remember . My parents had a washer & dryer that lasted over 20 years , and that was the cheaper brands . I think they bought them in the early 60's . I think they still made things good up till about 15 years ago .
Old December 8th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Captain Starfire

Good Saturday to all....

Mike,
When I eat too much fried food -- especially closer to bedtime -- the next day I feel lethargic and bloated; didn't have much of an appetite (thank goodness) yesterday... Had my usual lemon-poppyseed muffin to break the fast, then a baked tater for lunch, and a salad for din-din. That's all I needed.... but today will be a different story!

I made a sausage-chicken file' gumbo last Sunday and I'm going to be really puttin' that stuff down the hatch along w/some brown rice & French bread over the next coupley o' days, until I pick up the Missus on Monday evening....

Sorry about the crappy nite; but I gotta' say, dat story don't do much to instill industry confidence for us "regular" passengers.... Wondering how an inspection that's sposta take 3 days can be done in an hour...
Please tell us it was all superfluous

Reminds me of my new-car get-ready days at Star Chrysler ...

Actually, the difference b/w the Mitsubishi products back then and the Chrysler and Plymouth products -- especially thru '78 -- was like nite & day.

We had these Plymouth Sapporo's that were literally perfect when they arrived at the dealership; check air & fluids and good to go.... but if memory serves correct, we were paid 2 hrs to service them.

But the '78 Newports & New Yorkers (the last REALLY big ones) basically had to be gone completely thru, w/ door and window adjustments, propane-idle sets, timing, trunk & hood alignments, electrical short tracings, carpet R&R... it was a shame. I think we were paid about 3 hours for those... and they usually took 4-6... we'd usually have to go to the service writers and get warranty tickes written, even though they were untitled stock vehicles.

'79s ("downsized" new models) were much better, thank goodness. But then the dealership closed in '80

Weather looks pretty nice indeed today; sunny now, and mild, with moderate (for down here) humidity. I'm contemplating a ride in the drop-top .... that thing is gonna' rot due to disuse....

Hasta luego, Olds amigos....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 8th, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old December 8th, 2012, 11:13 AM

My current Maytag washer is 20+ years old, My dryer was 25 years old when I replaced it. My parents had Maytags that lasted as long. Whirlpool now owns Maytag, so I'm not as sure of the quality, I always thought Whirlpool made a decent product, but my brothers wife just replaced a 7 year old washer.
Old December 8th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Afternoon fellow Oldsmaniacs!
Quickie (not that kind Clint)
-20 with windchills close to -28 right now. Hope the car starts. On my way to an **** kickin contest. TTYL
Old December 8th, 2012, 11:25 AM

A closer look is needed

Caught taking a closer look!
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Always room for one more

John it's political. The inspection doesn't take that long, but for some reason the lead wanted it drawn out longer. There were other things on the plane it's not like we would have been just sitting around then. I'm sorry if it sounded like we were shirking our jobs. It's not like that at all. Our leads are always about trying to show each other up and trying to prove something to the maintenance planners.

So, slept till 4. I got up for the dogs around 130 and felt like a zombie. Now the day is pretty much done. I'll spend this evening getting things ready for my trip.

Jamesbo that looks like a nice car but I've never seen it. Did LI send you the thread he started about it back around that time? If memory serves he's had an extensive dialogue with the owner.

Bundle up Allan. Whoa mamma I remember those days, can't say as I miss them.

I had to laugh last night, I went to see a buddy of mine in the hangar. He's been having some trouble with his Olds Ciera and is looking for another car. I said, are you going to get another Ciera? He said oh no, I don't want another big car. Big car? He also has an extended Ford van because he has 7 kids. If he thinks a Ciera is big then he'll be looking in the micro-car catagory. Sheesh.

Okay see ya.
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All:

It was warm here today,in the 50's, but cloudy with misty rain on and off.

Dan... I love that pic, lol!! . Curiousity killed the cat. I hadn't seen Doodle for 2 days. I went out and called him this morning but he never showed up. Tonight when Larry went out to the back garage and opened the door, guess who came shooting out of there like a bullet! He must of went in there Thursday night when Nicole went out to get her remote, and she didn't know he was in there. Ain't the first time he's spent a few days in there and I'm sure it wont be the last! He was happy to get to his food, lol. I hope he didn't sleep up on Teepo.....

I got my little Christmas tree up today. Its not decorated yet. I got laundry done, and then spent 5 hours in the kitchen making cookies. My feet hurt! I made 2 batches of the peanut butter blossoms - they're my favorite - 1 batch of snickerdoodles, and 2 batches of oatmeal raisin. Next I'll make chocolate chip and the sugar cookies. Nicole helped me some before she went out with her friends.

Well she said Larry didn't corner her today at work, so that's good. Hes still not talking to her at all. Hes saying a few things to me now, but I'm not real friendly back. Tired of this crap.

I talked to Lin today and shes feeling better. She still sounds like crap though. I'm not going up there until shes better.

Well you all have a good evening.
Old December 8th, 2012, 09:13 PM

Afternoon all, I would say good but I am between night shifts so it isn't good for me

Have fun up there in Michigan Mike, I sure did when I visited the Olds museum in Lansing

That sure is a hell of alot of money for a washer dryer Clint, does it fold and hang your clothes too?

I'm not much of a peanut butter fan Sandy but the oatmeal raisin ones sound nice

Time to get ready for work, have a good night olds friends,

Adrian
Old December 9th, 2012, 09:57 AM

Afternoon Friends

Kinda dank in de sunny south. Monday is look'in bad fer whitey smack'in too.
Old December 9th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Sunday it is!
Yesterday was great. We won our **** kickin contest in spite of the other team's efforts to cheat. Sometimes you have to wonder why people with just bad attitudes get into team competitions. Basically it was the other teams skip who was a real dork. The rest of them apparently don't like him at all. Wonder why they play with him in the first place. Especially with his attitude. We play again today, but a different team.

Mike - you have to remember that to some peeps who have never experienced a 'real' big car, a Ciera is probably large - especially compared to most of the econoboxes that are sold today.

Jamesbo - not smacking whitey on Mon?? Yer kiddin. Dat's why dey make garbage bags an hats...

OOOOHH! We got warm weather on the way. S'posed to go up to +1 on Mon or Tues!!! compared to the -24 we had last night??? Yeeee hawww!
Old December 9th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Our cloudy day turned into a real nice looker. Blue sky and 70 right now.

Got home from the Awful house this morning and decided I needed to clean the kitchen. Four hours later and I'm almost done. It was break time and the dogs needed a snack. Washed the windows and the floor and went through the big pile of whatever seems to always end up on the counter.

Allan good for you! Winter is like a vacuum cleaner, it sucks. If your neck of the woods is anything like Chicago, you'll be through with all that nonsense somewhere around June.

I'll be at my Mom's some time the week before Christmas, and she will be making her annual Christmas cookies. Most of these recipes are my Grandmother's, she's been gone a long time, but tasting her cooking always makes it more special. My Mom has it down to a T.

Anybody know anything about the fake W30 on ebay that's in Florida? Aside from the annoying computer voice on the ad the car looks pretty good. I wonder what they'd give me for a Corvette that's been lovingly taken care of and in beautiful shape. Or mine.

Well the Christmas music is going and I'm almost finished with the cleaning for the day. Next I redo my resume so I can apply for a lead job in another department. My current resume is dated 1997.