The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all...

A little chill in the air early on (33 @ Plantation); but spose to get up into 60s and be gorgeous today.

Clint, I've always told folks it's about 4500' at the house, but I'm not positive. Hiawassee (ground level) is around 2200, and I know we're quite a few climbs above that.... but you got me curious now... I need to look at the deed and see how good (or bad) my memory is. In any case, hope y'all enjoy Junior... I can taste those ribs now....

Jamesbo, I have a queasy feeling about tonight.... Saints offensive line is practically in wheelchairs.... we have no depth there; so if Drew has to run for his life as he did on Sunday, I don't have much hope.

All I can hope for is a good, entertaining game, and that they make it worth losing my precious sleep time. Oh, and maybe we could get a little revenge for the eggs on the Saints' bus last night at Hartsfield .... Gimme a break

Not sure about the AL - GA shootout... but I love the Safe Sex joke!
Archie Manning on WWL radio last night picked the Dogs. He says they're peaking right now and get better every week. We shall see.... right now, any team that beats Sabin is my favorite team

Y'all have a great day....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; November 29th, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old November 29th, 2012, 07:06 AM

John,

Jes remember I'm one of the rare bread, I was born ere along with 'bout 16% of the population of Hotlanta. De rest of des folks [which throw eggs] are transplants. If it hadn't been for WW II and all the snow birds enjoy'in de weather at Fort Bennning and the invent of A/C this town would be anutter wie place in de road.
Old November 29th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Captain Starfire

They said they were airport workers, of all things.... you'd think at the busiest airport in the world and with the threat of terrorism, the jackasses would have more to do than funk-up the Saints bus

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
John,

Jes remember I'm one of the rare bread, I was born ere along with 'bout 16% of the population of Hotlanta. De rest of des folks [which throw eggs] are transplants. If it hadn't been for WW II and all the snow birds enjoy'in de weather at Fort Bennning and the invent of A/C this town would be anutter wie place in de road.
Old November 29th, 2012, 07:18 AM

I don't know WTF happened but I do know the place has wall to wall security cameras. i bet cha a dime to a doughnut sum folks are sending out their resumes.

I'm look'in a an on line list of airport restaurants try'in to figger out WTH they got de eggs.
Old November 29th, 2012, 08:47 AM

Well I'm setting here next to the wood stove waiting for the mother of all storms to hit Northern Cal. They say 6- 10 inches of rain with gusts up to seventy miles an hour, not to worried about the rain I live on top of the mountain and luck will have it water goes down hill to the flat landers below, but seventy mile an hour winds raise havoc with the trees and power lines so it's a good time to fire up the generators and get everything ready for the outages that will for sure happen in the next couple of days. I have trees all around the house I live in a forest) and here is hoping they all have good root systems nothing makes a person sleep poorly than hearing a tree fall near the house in the middle of the nite.....Tedd
Old November 29th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Tedd... sure hope you all come through the storm ok! Those sound like some high winds, and nothing you can do to stop them, lol. Let us know!!
Old November 29th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Slept a little later than I thougth I would, my boy jumped up on the bed with me and we had a snooze-fest for a couple hours. I don't even mind when he snores.

Sandy not surprising that shirt looks better on you than it did on me. Glad you like it. The blue one should be equally as nice, if not the wrong font...

Scot give a wave as you go past Exit 228. Hope you get back before 230-3oclock, as that's when the loonies really get cranked up out there.

Jamesbo and John, I was not a party to the egg throwing. And John don't get me started on that "busiest airport in the world" BS. I've worked at O'Hare as well and there's no way Atlanta is busier. It was just a ploy for Mayor Shirley to enhance her supposed need for the extra International concourse that by the way she needed to name after the dead mayor.

Well Adrian I give in. I've scoured the internet and books for pictures of cars that resemble what you have there and I've come up with nothing. I must be slipping in my old age.

Tedd good luck with the storms. There are a couple trees in my back yard that could up-end any day now, I hope I get someone to come take them down before they rearrange my roof.

Well I need to get to Walmart so I have milk and bread before the weekend. And since I have no milk or bread now I might as well stop off at the Awful house for lunch. So have a good afternoon everyone I'll check in later.
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:13 AM

Jes had dinner [dat's lunch fer you foreigners] wit Scot and his daughter [who BTW is cute as a bug in a rug and smart as a whip]

I think I deserve sum kinda prize fer meeting the most C.O. Members

Donny [from round de corner]
Adrian [from Down under]
Jeffery [from Miami]
Kevin [who werks in de Ferrari dealership]
John [from de Big Easy]
Scot [from Perry]

Sandy were your ears ringi' n? We were talk'in 'bout cha........Jes kidd'in
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Cutlass Lover

Awwwwwww.... I wanna have lunch with you guys. Glad you were able to get together! That's great. Hope you had an enjoyable time. I enjoyed my walk in the sun. It's up to 45 degrees and real nice walking weather. I didn't want to come back in here and sit.
Old November 29th, 2012, 02:35 PM
"Car"mudgeon

We had a great time and thanks again Jamesbo for meeting us on such a short notice. I just received the Email from the AJC last night saying we won. By the way the youngun won a 5 DVD set of the new Disney movie Brave from the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Mike we stopped in at Summit on the way back and drooled over a few blown crate engines and other "must have" parts. Dang good thing I was already broke or I would have bought up 1/2 of the clearance items in the scratch and dent sale There are some super prices on some of that stuff.

Maybe next time us Georgians can meet up at Buckner's or something.
Old November 29th, 2012, 03:02 PM

Morning all, sunny day with a top of around 88.

Ya'll still haven't guessed it yet, I'll let you know soon enough

Glad you had a good dinner Jamesbo and Scot. I still remember the lunch we had at the golf course too

Enjoy the warm temps while you can Sandy, they won't be around for much longer

Well I'm sitting in the hospital at the moment waiting to get a gastroscopy. I've been having issues with my stomach so I hope to get this worked out, hopefully sooner rather then later

I better put this mobile phone away before I get yelled at

Have a good day olds friends

Adrian
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Won't be long now... Adrian that's what you said months ago. You could give us a little better hint. It's like when I wanted my buddy Johnboy to guess where the "A" dollar bill was printed, I told him, the Constitution was not signed in this city. Of course you never can tell about some errant young lad with a pen knife.

I hope your gastritis gets better Adrian. That doesn't sound like fun at all. Hope it isn't an ulcer.

Jamesbo and Scot good for you guys for having lunch. Summit is some sort of place, isn't it. I go there a lot during the summer, but only a couple times in the winter. I myself must be at -1 for meeting people from CO. Since I was a dumbass and didn't meet Udo when I was supposed to. Udo who is conspicuously absent these days. Hope he's doing okay.

I love Buckners. What other place does the food keep coming. Don't see any in front of you, spin the thing around and bingo there it is! Can't beat it.

Well it's Monday. This is my long week and so I didn't have to work four days in a row I took yesterday off. I couldn't get Saturday. So I'm still only working three but I have to work Saturday. It won't hurt me. I won't like it but it won't hurt me. Time to get moving. Hope everyone has a good evening and is ready for the weekend.
Old November 29th, 2012, 06:34 PM

Well all went well with the procedure. Have to talk to my GP now and discuss what's next.

Ok Mike, the initials are M M E and it was built in Sydney, seat belts were optional and it came with a 1622 cc engine. You should be able to find out what it is with that.

I took tonight off as I need to be monitored. Would be nice to take off tomorrow but it's not in me to take time off for no reason.
Old November 29th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Does it look like this?
Old November 29th, 2012, 07:11 PM

Very very close Allan
Old November 29th, 2012, 10:01 PM

One of these?

Morris Major Elite.
Old November 29th, 2012, 10:23 PM

DING DING DING you win!!!! lol although that one is in a lot better condition then mine
Old November 29th, 2012, 10:42 PM

It took a lot of guessing and searching after looking at the pics..but pointing out that Allan was close put me on the right trail. So, how ya gonna shoe horn an Olds 455 in there?
Old November 30th, 2012, 05:12 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to be a 9 er 10 on de Wizometer today.

Adrian, Glad we got dat settled cause I would never have figgered dat one out. Hope ya gets your tum tum straighten out.

Mike/ Scot, I ain't never been to Buckner's. De got pot licker?

John, WTF happend? I guess I better not quit my day job and take up mak'in book. But I still think de Dawgs are gonna get whipped.

Sandy, Allan, Clint Sandy and de rest of you peeps come on down. We eats lunch every day sum whar.

Me and Donny are famous for our fried chicken liver repasts wit pole bean, smashed taters wit gravy, and corn bread.

TGIF Olds friends, I'm headed to de mountains wit Red Dog
Old November 30th, 2012, 05:15 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin All

Clear and chilly this morning but is supposed to be nice all weekend

Adrian that looks like a sporty ride, I like that style. Kinda reminds me of a shortened '50 Olds

Well I hope everyone has a great & safe weekend
Old November 30th, 2012, 05:17 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Mike/ Scot, I ain't never been to Buckner's. De got pot licker?
Only in their greens
Old November 30th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Hard to believe it's the last day of November already. It's a warmer 33 degrees out here this morning, lol. Kinda cloudy.

Adrian..... that's a cute little car. I'm sure yours will look beautiful again one day. Hope your stomach problems aren't anything major. I hate all the tests one has to go through....

It's quiet in here again. I sure wish the phone would ring, lol. I'm hating the dark evenings. I get soooo bored once I'm home. I wanna be outside doing something, not just sitting. I sit all day and I'm not one to just sit around. It makes me crazy!! *sighs*.......

Jamesbo.... when I finally get to eat with you, I don't want no chicken livers! No crawcrabs either, lol! I know...... you could make up a buffet of all your recipes and I can try a dab of everything!

Well you all have a great Friday!!
Old November 30th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone.

I didn't do too badly last night. Got out a little past 8. I'll take it. Now the pressure is off. Two more to go then it's my weekend.

Adrian that is a smart little chap. I don't think I would have ever guessed it. Hope you get it going soon.

Okay Jamesbo you're going to have to enlighten me as to what pot lick is. Or do I really want to know.

Sandy I'm in full agreement with you. It's dark here by 6 and try taking two black dogs out when you don't have any light in the back yard. If I were King we'd change our clocks once a month so it's always light at 9pm.

Well time to hit the sack. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:46 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Well it's Friday. Weather is looking good.

Adrian, Neat looking little ride.

Well, I'm going to look at a truck tomorrow. I want an extracab and a truck that will do the speed limit up the hill would be nice too. It's amazing at the resale Toyotas hold.

This one doesn't look too molested or abused. and it has half the mileage of my current Yota.
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3419561658.html

Have a great day all.
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:14 AM

G'morning everyone..

So I pulled my motor earlier this week, got it all on the stand and ready to tear down today. will be interesting to see what I am getting myself into.

Home everyone has a great day!

Chris
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:34 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by Ausraven
DING DING DING you win!!!! lol although that one is in a lot better condition then mine
Put a 455 in it .... he he

edit ..... Someone beat me to this one already

Last edited by oldsguybry; November 30th, 2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:03 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by slantflat

Okay Jamesbo you're going to have to enlighten me as to what pot lick is. Or do I really want to know.
Pot likker or Pot Licker as Jamesbo put it is the brine or juice that is the result from cooking salt pork with water and greens. Turnip greens, collard greens, etc
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Pot likker or Pot Licker as Jamesbo put it is the brine or juice that is the result from cooking salt pork with water and greens. Turnip greens, collard greens, etc
Crumble up a little corn bread on top an ya got your self sorta an inside out aux jus cornbread sandwich [crumbled that is]

Rich folks might even find a small piece of salt pork meat in it.
Old November 30th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Always room for one more

Okay Scot I looked it up and I know what the if for! Meep meep? What a strange place.

Beautiful, beautiful day here. It was a little cloudy when I woke up but warmish, and it's supposed to be nice and warm all weekend. I'll take it.

So I've been noticing that the siding on the back of the house next to the sliding door in the kitchen has been deteriorating. I figured since it was in a shaded corner it was getting wet and not drying very quickly. Well it's getting wet alright, the gutter is leaking and when it rains the water goes inside the wall and it's almost completely compromised the wall. The inside too has started cracking, I think from opening and closing the sliding door. I don't think any of this has been dry for months. Guess I'll call my neighbor the carpenter to see what we can do. After I fix the leak of course.

Well it's that time again. It's Friday so everyone should be out whoopin' it up. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old November 30th, 2012, 10:17 PM

Afternoon everyone, hot here today and it is only gonna get hotter They keep saying we are having a heat wave

Thanks for the nice words on the car, I just hope I can get it on the road soon

The gastroscopy came back all clear so no ulcers or anything like that. That is good news but now we have to find out why I am having problems with certain drinks and foods

That is not good news Mike, hope you can get it fixed before the cold weather really kicks in.

Have fun in the mountains Jamesbo, would love to be able to do that here

Well I have to get ready for work now, last night shift as I took one off I don't really want to go but ya get that.

Have a great weekend olds friends

Adrian
Old December 1st, 2012, 07:05 AM

Mawn'in

Mike, We got a little red lite dat goes on his collar. Ya push it once, it glows, twist and it blinks. At first I thought it was kinda woosie, but it really comes in handy walk'in him in de woods early or late.

Adrian, As I got older, one day I figgered out dat I jes can't eat sum things.The list makes absolutely no sense but it werks fer me. Ya may have to start noticing what time of day or what types of food throw ya off.

Sum stuff makes me feel like I been eat'in Drano.

First thing I'd check is lactose, It didn't hit me til I was 'bout 40. Now, I don't touch milk [cheese is fine don't ax me why]

Welp, Have a great day olds friends
Old December 1st, 2012, 01:02 PM
Captain Starfire

Hola, amigos...

A quick "Hi" since I took off work yesterday and wasn't near a cumputer for a change (really a good thing now & again ).

Jamesbo, Drew had arguably the worst game of his career, that's what happend. Made quite a specacle out there w/ 5 picks.
Oh, well; it would take divine intervention for the Saints to make it into the playoffs now... so we might as well chalk the whole season up to Sean's absence. Better luck next year, 'cuz 5-7 is pretty tough to resurrect from. Enjoy your time in Gods' County (Rabun). Can't wait to get back up to the area.

And we'll see how dem dogs do startin' right about now --> I think the game's scheduled for 3 Central Time on CBS. Ha' Bout Dem Dawgs....

Cool little chariot, Adrian! I'd have never gotten that. No worries about somebody else at a car show havin' one....

Y'all have a great weekend, Oldsmobuddies.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 1st, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:37 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evenin All.

It was partly sunny here today and in the 50's!! Very nice day. I spent it schleping down containers of Christmas decorations from the upstairs in the garage. Got the yard decorated all pretty.

Tomorrow I will work on decorating the inside of the house, amongst other things. Nicole ran the Sweeper today so that's done.

I'm almost out of megabytes on my wi-fi for the month, so I cant be on line much until after the 7th when it starts all over. I let Nicole use it some too, so that used it up faster. Tuesday Windstream will hook up the Internet here in the house again. Nicole will be paying for it each month. She has a router too, so I will be able to use it and not use up my wi-fi. That will be nice!

So you all have a great evening and I'll talk to ya tomorrow.
Old December 1st, 2012, 05:28 PM
Always room for one more

Hey Happy Saturday all.

I'm all ready to head to work. This working Saturday is for the birds. I better get used to it, though, because next year my off days rotate and I'll be working Saturdays fairly regularly.

Looked like a beautiful day here. It got up to 65 and later on was a little overcast, but it's still nice out now and isn't supposed to get below 55 tonight. I'll take it.

I've got a couple projects I plan on tackling this weekend. I need to replace the fuel filter in the Saturn, which hasn't been done in at least 50,000 miles. No wonder it is slow. I also need to start collecting lumber to rebuild the steps on my back porch and look into that wall by the back door. And of course play with the dogs, and go to Awful house, and, and...

Boy employees of the airport haven't faired well lately. Just on the heels of the egg throwing, someone/something caught someone throwing a bag over the fence and a guy on a bag tug there to catch it. A big no-no. That guy is suspended pending a thorough investigation. Hm, thorough. What's in the bag? Lunch.

Okay time to hit the road. Have a great evening and better tomorrow. It's December already! Holy crap.
Old December 1st, 2012, 09:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hi everyone.
Curling. Canada Cup. About as exciting for youse as trying to get frogs to fart? Doesn't matter, I love the game.

Round robin finished Friday night. Mens tie breaker this morning with Jamie Koe and Mike McEwen. McEwen won and advanced, but I wanted Kevin to. Semi finals finished today - tomorrow will be the mens/wimmen's finals. I want Jeff Stoughton to win for the mens (even though Glenn Howard is one of my all time favs) so he can get a berth to the Olympic playdowns next year. Stephanie Lawton to win Wimmens and Jennifer Jones to show.

Not much else to say except hope you all are doing well.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 06:37 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Mawnin All

Another beautiful day in store here.

Well we knew the Dawgs couldn't hold off Crimson Tide so now I am betting Bama will put it on Notre Dame for the National Championship.

Well I hope everyone has a great Sunday
Old December 2nd, 2012, 10:06 AM

100% attendance GTG
Old December 2nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Sundays are always fun.
Batting 1000 on the curling so far. Stepanie just won her match and is the Canada Cup women's champ. She now gets an automatic berth to the trials in Winnepeg next year.

Glenn and Jeff will be playing in about an hour. Won't get to see it all because I'm curling too. Have to leave prolly at the start of the 6th end. Gonna put it on the PVR.

Mike - the fuel filter on the Saturn can be a PITA. Are you just replacing the cannister or the lines too? Prolly the easiest way to de-pressurize the fuel rails is pull the fuel pump fuse and let it run dry. Here's a cool link for changing it out. Clik the pics for larger image http://www.atthetipwebs.com/technolo...uel_filter.htm
Old December 2nd, 2012, 12:21 PM

Morning all, looks to be shaping up to be a fine day down under.

Off for a ride with a friend this morning, he is getting his bike license and needs someone to be with him when he is riding so I volunteered. What sort of a guy would I be if I didn't help a mate get his bike license

Well time for me to go, have a good day olds mates

Adrian
Old December 2nd, 2012, 03:42 PM

Good Sunday afternoon everyone

wifey's birthday today, Geeze she's getting old....wait cancel that she's the same age as me until the 26th so I guess she's still pretty young because I know I am.

Wet and raining day here time to build a fire in the wood stove and kick back
Have a great day all