The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2013, 05:34 AM

Late Worm WTH is everybody
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

It's snowing here. Got a couple inches so far. We had rain last night which froze, so there's ice under the snow. That's always nice... temps in the 20's.

It's quiet in here. 3 phone calls for Steve so far this morning. That's been about it.

I have to call the genetic testing place this morning and make sure they got pre approval for all that before I go on the 28th. I don't want to get socked with a bill for that too.

Well not much going on so I reckon I'll check Brian's emails. Talk to ya later on. Have a good Monday!
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning all.

Been out spending money this morning. First went to the diner with a buddy of mine. No Awful house today! Thought I'd change things up a bit. Then went and bought a pair of tires for my truck. A full set would have been over a thousand dollars, so I'll get the other two in the spring. The tire people are still holding on to their idea of putting new tires on the back. Absurd. My new tires are on the front.

Jamesbo I thought you'd be out smacking whitey. How's things going with the trucking company?

Clint I heard on the news this morning Colorado just opened their first recreational pot store. I guess anything's possible now.

Think I'll go out and work on the big truck for a little while. It hasn't budged in weeks, so a trip to get some fuel will be in order. A nice little jaunt and then I can put some conditioner in it.

Have a great day everyone. Supposed to be 50 here today, hope it makes it.
Old December 30th, 2013, 09:57 AM

Went in this morning for a crown, took two hours, generally goes quicker and smoother, unfortunately, he got me to jump a little, he apologized and advised me to take a couple of Ibuprofen! Currently 15* with a light snow, with some single digit overnight temps headed this way. This is where Lake Michigan comes in handy, we won't get sub zero temps that the Dakota's and Minn. got, the lake will warm the air a bit before it hits us.
Old December 30th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Where is Don? (??Dbord??).

Dan, the reason the crown takes so long is they have to check your royal lineage before the size your head for it...yer majesty.. JK.

So what's the big deal with 'worm'. It's not the worm that you should be posting - it should be 'Bird', less of course it's the early worm that get's the bird? I didn't think a little armless thing like that could flip off a bird...whadoIno?

I'm getting depressed. Nuff with winter already. Turn on the sun woodja???
Old December 30th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Always room for one more

Allan how I see it, we ARE the bird and the early post is the worm. We are getting the first post, hence, getting the worm. We are early, we are the bird. Hm, how prolific.

I heard a weird sound outside today, and looked out to see the Goodyear Blimp flying over the lake. Cool.

Didn't get anything done on the green truck today. I did start it up and walk around it about 20 times. Figured out a couple parts I need to order for it.

Just heard that Andy Granatelli died yesterday. That guy had a lot going back in the day.

Quiet night around here tonight. Got the stove going and Happy New Year Charlie Brown on TV.
Old December 30th, 2013, 06:28 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Colder today, dropping down into the teens tonight. A little shock treatment since it was around 60 yesterday.

Adrian - would be glad to take some of you heat from you. Hope your A/C is working well, got to keep the wife happy, especially right now.

Sandy - I remember my mom going in for genetic testing, and she had to get it pre-authorized by the insurance company before getting it done to, or it was going to cost around $4,000. Ridiculous right?

Clint/Mike - I agree about the red light cameras, it is only a money making gimic. They said they were putting them up at high risk intersections as their justification for safety. Well, they just put on up at an intersection near my house, one lane each way, 30mph road, all residential. No history of accidents there that I know of, I've been living here for 13 years and can tell you that it's not an issue.

Well, have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old December 30th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by slantflat
Allan how I see it, we ARE the bird and the early post is the worm. I heard a weird sound outside today......
Nope. Somehow I can just see you, Clint or Jim sitting at the table in the morning doing this: BTW I love the ending....
Old December 30th, 2013, 08:49 PM

Dan, the reason the crown takes so long is they have to check your royal lineage before the size your head for it...yer majesty..
I hope winter lasts until June in your neck of the woods:0 O.K. not really.
Old December 30th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

You wouldn't be far off. It comes in October and leaves in August. Last crowns I had done were about 2 hours also, but I had to do it in 2 sessions. The first was to drill the teeth down to pegs and fit the temp crowns, the second was to remove the temps and install the permanent ones. Crap, I have so much precious metal in my mouth now I could use it for a down payment on a Cadillac.

Darrell - We have so many red light cameras up here you wouldn't believe it. That and mobile photo radar. I agree they're more of a cash cow even though it's claimed that it increases awareness. Yeah right. Once the jackalopes get past the RLCs they put the hammer down. I also see these lenses that are put over the license plates to diffuse the image from the camera. Apparently it's not illegal to sell them, but it's supposedly illegal to mount them on a vehicle. I'm on the fence with that because none of the police up here enforce it. Heck, some of the police in our fine city are the worst examples of driving out there.
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:20 AM
Always room for one more

Bird. Worm. And all of it.

What's everyone's plans for Amateur's night? I will be staying in with the dogs, hoping that the bullets from the guns my neighbors shoot off don't penetrate the roof of my house.

Gonna head to the Awful house today and then Walmart. Not sure what I'll do at home, have a burn pile maybe.

Allan up home there's this joke that goes around, that might be funnier if it weren't true. Chicago has two seasons. Winter and Construction.

Okay headed out. Have a great day everyone and whoop it up good tonight.
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:41 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili dis mawn'in but milder dis afternoon.

Gotta go to de tag office and get a new tag fer de trailer dat jes been rewired. It sat in de woods fer a couple years.

Den I'm gonna start cook'in sum black eyed peas wit ham hocks and sum turnip greens.

Happy New Year Olds buds
Old December 31st, 2013, 07:22 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy combo New Year's Eve + Tuesday

Stayin' chilly in da' hills, gang. Was 30 dis mawnin'; thank goodness for the gas fireplace in the den; man, that thing's a lifesaver.

Better half is makin' a big pot o' chili for today and tomorrow; always a winter (and New Year) favorite.

I ain't been sayin' "Hi" around here much 'cause our wireless Internet access the better half gets thru work is tapped out; I'm sitting in the Ingles grocery store (actually, the Starbuck's in the front) parttaking of the wireless access. Decent little atmosphere... not crowded (yet). I know it's gotta' be a quantum level above the McDonald's down the street.

Darrell and Mike et al: re: the red-light cameras, I got burneda bout 5 years ago in Jefferson Parish, and it really hurts. It was about $175. I invested in the lenses for every vehicle, and none of us has gotten busted since; but I don't know whether it's 'cause we're extra careful now, or that the lenses work. . I'm happy either way.

Mike, I feel for you with the "kids" waking you up all the time the way they do. Oh, well.... I know they're great pups and are eminently worth it....

Jamesbo, glad your "violinning" career will at least be salvaged. You need to at least put that instrument in a baggie or sumpin'. BTW, I think those rollers are fairly generic GM parts; a lot of parts stores even carry them. the ones they put on '70s Mopar hardtops break if you verbally threaten them. . The GM versions usually have a bit more stamina. As far as the length of time since you whacked whitey, I'll say like the Wolf brand chili commercial from yonder days: "Well that's too long!"

DidI post this one before? I'm gettin old(s).

(Uh-oh... is the video corrupted? I can't seem to get to play right. Try changing the resolution and go to "full screen" and maybe back to regular view. It eventually worked for me that way.)

Hope everybody has a safe New Year's eve and a happy and prosperous new year.

New Year's blessings to all my Oldsmobuds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 31st, 2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old December 31st, 2013, 08:19 AM

What's everyone's plans for Amateur's night?
As I no longer have an urge to get plastered on the eve. of the new year, I'm working. Kinda hard to turn down X3 pay. Did that yesterday also.
Old December 31st, 2013, 08:39 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

A little winter humor...

winter...gotta love it
Old December 31st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy last day of 2013! I can't believe all the things that happened and made the news this year. Watching all the story summaries on the news the other day I couldn't help but think how we've lost some really good people, welcomed some new ones, and got on Mom Natures bad side a lot. She seems to have quite a temper lately. Maybe we should be classified as cars are : Survivors. But that show's already taken isn't it?

Ted - That my friend is just the tip of the iceberg. Feels good to be Canadian doesn't it? We're a different kind of people I don't think anyone except another Canuck really understands.

Dan - We also don't get plastered on NYE. In fact the rule of thumb here is a toast using Ginger Ale. Looks sort of like bubbly without the after effects. I also used to work the holidays for the same compensation when I was younger. The $$ is good, but unfortunately so are the deductions.

John - the video worked just fine. There's a whole slew of those old Olds tests and advertising from back in the day. Every so often I like to watch them. Boy, they were sexist as hell back then weren't they? The RLC issue has been a hotly contested debate up here for a long time since they were introduced. From what I've seen though, there are simply more and more of them being put up. Mind you there are also RLC advance warning signs up here for them too. So anyone dumb enough to run one kind of deserves what they get. In part I do agree that it's playing a role in making motorists at intersections a little more caution. Just a little though. Want a laugh? A fellow instructor friend of mine who never passed Math in school used to consistently warn his classes about intersection safety by telling them (God's truth) " 25%, or 1/3 of all crashes happen at intersections.". I'm not sure if he was all there or only 50%.

Jim - sounds like a nice din din planned. I thought once you tagged a trailer, it was for life? At least up here it is. I haven't used my boat trailer for close to 15 years now, but the tag on it is continuous. Hafta do sumpin wit it soon doh, mebbe go fishin nex summer or sumpin. Catch me a mess of slimy tings.

Mike - LOL bud. You da birdworm man. I think you should buy shares in Awful House or just open your own franchise. We also use that phrase about the seasons up here mostly because it's God's truth. Heck we even have some seasons that combine construction/winter at the same time. It's called the 'headache' season. Planners tell us it's for our own good and it's short term pain for long term gain... yeah right. Just when they finish, they tear it up and start all over again. I vote 'headache' season is the winner.

Well it's finished the latest round of white rain here and the winds are calm. I'll have to go out shortly and put the snow blower to work. I love that thing because now my back doesn't feel the pain of shovelling large amounts of flaky water.
Old December 31st, 2013, 03:04 PM

Good morning all and a Happy New Year!!!

Got to knock off work a little early yesterday which was nice. When I got home a ran the mower over the yard again so it looks nice for the new year. I got a new mower recently as my old one finally died, boy I tell you what, mowing the lawn with one you don't have to repair every time you use it is a real treat

How is that trailer of yours getting on Jamesbo? Did you work out a spot for your lift yet?

Try to have a safe night ya'll,

Adrian
Old December 31st, 2013, 04:13 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Adrian! It's NYD down under all ready isn't it? Hope your year works out special and 2014 is memorable! Good health, wealth and happiness to your family!
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:17 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Snowy cold and windy here today. Didn't get out of the teens. Cold tonight too.

We got out of work today at 2:00. I went down and got the chest x-ray done. Then I went to the bar where Bob and his guys were and he bought me a few drinks. I finally got a hug!!!!!!!!! I came home and dug out the bottle of Grey Goose vodka that Noah got me back in 2003 that I've had hidden in the closet all these years, and Nicole and I had a drink. First time we've drank together I enjoyed it, and had a few more!! I'm still feeling somewhat drunkish. Ate some cheese and crackers and Larry fried chops for supper. Sitting here now watching the Homeland dvd that Jr got Larry for Christms. Hope it gets better cause I think it's pretty boring.... I'd rather be watching TWD!!

Nicole went to her friends house around 5ish. She probably won't be home tonight. I'm gonna try to stay awake until the ball drops.

Well you all have a Happy New Year and stay safe!!
Old January 1st, 2014, 12:37 AM

Worm!

Happy New Year everyone!

Just got home from a New Year's party, and I am starting to fall asleep. I'll try to catch up later.
Old January 1st, 2014, 04:43 AM

Mawn'in all

Happy New Year Olds friends

Cut/paste Chili dis mawn'in milder dis afternoon

Adrian,Tanks fer de goodies. Ya really shouldn't have but de Super model chowed down.

Welp de trailer is kinda a continuing saga. Went to de tag office yesterday and got my number to wait. # 256. When they called out they were now serving # 152. I said Phuque it.

I mean life is too short to spend the day wit de unwashed masses. I may jes take a chance and make a run to de mountains an back sans tag. I de fine is $100 I figure by de time I wasted a day at de tag office. I'd be better off flipp'in burgers at McDonald's by the hour.

GTG Hope everyone has a prosperous 2014
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:15 AM

Happy New year from Bothell WA

Hope everyone has a great year. This is my retirement year starting in February.

Only one resolution get the 48 Olds done. Whats your main resolution?

Have a great day all
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:20 AM

Pat, My resolution is to not make any resolutions. Ya see, I came from a long line of sorry white trash. and I never keep em.

BTW

Congrats on join'in de unemployed
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:24 AM
Cutlass Lover

Happy New Year All! Here's to another year of friendship, laughs, and car shows! It will be a challenging year for me, but I'll get through it! I wish all of you a healthy year; if you have your health, you have everything!!

No hangover for me today, thank God! I sure did enjoy those drinks yesterday!! It's snowing here today, supposed to get anywhere from 4 - 9 inches. We have about 5 already. It's down to the fine snow coming down now. Had the big flakes earlier this morning. I shoveled out to my bird feeders and filled them. Had a beautiful cardinal out there this morning with his red self. So pretty against the snow. Larry plowed the driveways out. Nicole is still at Tony's or where ever she went yesterday evening.

I have a little poke roast to put in the oven later on. I was gonna put it in the crock pot but I didn't. I want to add taters and carrots but I don't want them to get all soaked full of poke grease.... I'm the only one who will eat it. I'm gonna put kielbassi and kraut in the oven for Larry. We had poke chops for supper last night, and bacon this morning, so I'm about poked out already, lol.

I'm not doing much of anything today. Just sitting around. I did work out with Gilad earlier, which I haven't done for months. I figure I better try to keep my arm and chest and back muscles as fit as possible until I have the surgery. So I gotta get back in my routine. It doesn't hurt to reach with my arm anymore, so I'm pretty sure I'm healed from the surgery. I heal pretty quick.

I've been second guessing my surgery, since reading that there's still a chance the cancer can still come back in the chest wall or lymph nodes and that area. And if it does, they can't do anymore surgery since there will be no tissue left there to do anything with. I'm wondering if I should just get the radiation and chemo and leave it with just having the lumpectomy done. I don't know. I wish I wouldn't read so much..... I know it can still come back in the liver, bones, brain, kidneys, pancreas or where ever anyhow though. I don't know. I'll talk it over with Dr. Smith on the 6th.

Well I should get out my box of receipts and such from 2013 and start sorting out what to shred and what to keep. You all have a great New Years Day!!!
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:25 AM

Gotta keep this one. All of my car buds are laughing at me saying I will never finish it. Hope to prove them wrong
Old January 1st, 2014, 01:50 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Happy New Years Oldsmofriends
Old January 1st, 2014, 02:20 PM
Always room for one more

Happy New Years, team!

Didn't do too much last night, stayed in and watched some TV, did this and that. The fireworks started early so the dogs were not happy. The neighborhood was loaded up more than usual, probably in more ways than one, at midnight it sounded like we were under siege.

Work tonight. Should be business as usual since New Years isn't really a holiday that affects flying, at least when it's on a Wednesday.

So Pat will you be retiring to Mississippi? You've spent so much time there I figure you must like it.

John I wonder what the effects of no REM sleep are after four years. You're right, I wouldn't not have these two for all the tea in Boston Harbor.

Allan that thought has crossed my mind more than once. Owning an Awful house would be a sure get rich quick scheme. Trouble is, I've heard it takes more than a million to get in. I should look into it to be sure.

Jamesbo if you can wait until late Saturday or Sunday to move the lift I'll run up and give you a hand. Or if you can wait for [I don't know when] you can use my trailer.

Okay time to get ready. Hope everyone is recovered and doing well. It is my sincere wish that all my Oldsmobile friends have a healthy and awesome 2014.
Old January 1st, 2014, 03:10 PM

[QUOTE=slantflat;635150]Happy New Years, team!

So Pat will you be retiring to Mississippi? You've spent so much time there I figure you must like it.

Don't think so but the better half and I intend to fire up the old motorhome and start looking around for more sunshine, lower taxes less costly housing and room for a shop of course
Old January 1st, 2014, 03:13 PM
CQR

So it sounds like you are headed to Texas?
Old January 1st, 2014, 03:43 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hmmm, Jan 1, 2014 doesn't seem a whole lot different from 2013. Not to be cynical but why waste time with NY resolutions? Statisically 99.9% of them get broken before the end of Feb. So I don't offer up any resolution atall except to try and stay on the green side, or white side of de ground.

Jim - sorry ta hear bout de trailer. If I'd a bin der? I'da done de same ting, eder dat or pull de fire alarm an den payshently jess stand in de line cue at de front. Oh, yeah I'd also a busted de dang paper ting dat gives out de tickets. I doubt de law would look twice at yer trailer speshully if y'all have a bandit runnin distrakshun...

Paul - LOL you must have gone out partying just to do the worm thing?? Now dats funny that you'd remember to post soon as y'all got in. I hear the weather down your way isn't all that great now either. Did you get hit with the ice storms?

Pat - Retirement? At your age?? No way. Y'all gotta keep workin till you're at least 70! You turning 59 or 60 this year? Ok, now I'll be nice - retirement is really nice, but you'll find out that all of a sudden all that time you figured you'd have will be eaten up with a lot of things that mysteriously just 'happen'. But, to quote some motto: 'There's no Life like it!".

Mike - only a miljun? Sell off some of them cars/trucks, then borrow the banks money. Tell them you're going to create economic futures for at least 30 Americans and the current administration should fall over backwards trying to help you.

Clint - mmmm, I'm making meatloaf with bacon init and onit....back to reglar beer for awhile.
Old January 1st, 2014, 11:13 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Zzzooo, ziss iss vat eet eees zlike ven djew ged da verm??? Nod zoo eksiting az id zeeems....bud, id iss....

Old January 2nd, 2014, 04:16 AM
CQR

Good Morning all.

Allan, Regular beer still washes down dinner too.We bought a 12 of PBR for NYE. just to be different. Sure makes you pee a lot.

Mike, I think the restaurant biz would be the ultimate PITA. I am irritated when only dealing with 2 employees. and they are male. I couldn't imaging dealing with a bunch of waitresses. I remember the ladies I worked with at Village Inn. Holy Moley.

Sandy, Sounds like you're keeping my pig farmer uncle in biz. I'm sure he thanks ya.

John, I'm still wondering how that guy didn't roll a bead off those rims in the slalom course.

Well, Back to work today. Not lookin forward to it. The missus sure was actin different yesterday. Not sure what crazy resolution she came up with. but her entire demeanor is different. I thought maybe it was too much holiday cheer, but she was still a half bubble off this morning.

Have a great thursday all.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:43 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Still snowing here. Gonna snow all day and all night. Plus another storm coming in on Sunday. Temps in single digits tomorrow and gonna be worse next week. I think Tuesday is gonna be like 3 as the high and -6 that night. Gotta love arctic air. Not!!

Brian is back today. The thermostat will be cranked no doubt!!! No one has touched it since hes been off.....

Nicole made it home last night sometime. She looked tired this morning lol.

My poke roast was good yesterday. So was the kielbassa and kraut. Man that stuff stinks up the house!! It was nice just to sit around all day. But I did get bored. I'm not one to sit.....

Guess I'll box up Clay's 2013 orders today and make some room in the file cabinets. Its gonna be a long Thursday that seems like Monday!

I'm waiting to see the Fed Ex truck pull up with Stevens and my paychecks! I about shi* on Tuesday when I checked my account and no paycheck had been deposited!!! I got on the phone to the payroll lady in Houston, and here she has me down as being on medical leave without pay!!!!! I was mad! I said "didn't we just talk last week about what days you were going to use for me when I was off for surgery"?? Spacehead.... I told her I will let her know when I'm out of time and then she can put me off pay. Steve didn't get his check either, she blamed the payroll company for being late. He wasn't happy. So she was going to Fed Ex them overnight to us. Hopefully they will show up today. I already sent a bad check to Hagerty for Teepos insurance thinking my check would be in the bank Tuesday morning as usual....

I swear its always something!!!

Well you all have a great day. Ttyl!!!
Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:01 AM

Mawn'in all

Rain'in and spose to get cold as a well digger's shovel tonite.

Mike, I appreciate de offer but I'm gonna have to put de thing on [and off ] de trailer with a tractor boom. I may store it on de trailer til I either use it or sell it.

Sandy Remebr dat stuff in de little cup de gave us at Mary Mac's? Dat's pot picker a.k.a Turnip green juice with poke fat. If ya don't eat greens on New Years day ya never gonna have any money

Clint, Only 1/2 a bubble is pretty good. De Super model is so visceral I have no idea WTF is going on.

Well let's see what 2014 throws at us.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:06 AM

Allan, are you sure that you just didn't stay up late in order to get the worm?
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:11 AM

Your welcome Jamesbo, glad de super model enjoyed the treats

Looks like we are going to have a heat wave here, around my area we're looking at temps around 108 which is pretty warm that's for sure. There are a couple places out west looking at 118 Here's hoping we get some rain soon to cool things off

Time for work again, have a good day oldsmomates,

Adrian
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yeehaw. The Missuss's passport came today. Now there's no worry about heading south to the warm climes for vacation.

Clint - Dinner? Who needs dinner just to wash down a cold one? Yeah, it's definitely a good plumbing test to make sure everythings working right.

Dan - maybe.

Rained here last night. Easy to spot - there's a good coating of ice all over my car. Good thing it's going to warm up to 34° today. Just in time to tank back down to -24° overnight. Going to stay around -29 till after Sunday. Time to crank up the fireplace.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 12:40 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well it's still snowing and now the wind has picked up too so it's blowing around. We have below 0 wind chills. Adrian... send us some warmth please!

Darrell... I see that Long Island is supposed to get pounded from this storm too. Go buy milk and bread, lol.

We're still waiting on Fed Ex Express to show up with our paychecks.... I've been calling them all afternoon. Steve is not happy! I stayed in here during my lunch hour too just in case they showed up..... The lady I just talked to a few minutes ago said he should be here between 4:30 to 4:35. I should have asked if that was going to be today!

Brian turned up the thermostat about 20 minutes ago. I turned on my fan! Its up to 76 already. Sure was nice with him gone. If he wouldn't go out to smoke, he wouldn't get cold. Duma$$!!!!!

So Clint....yesterday started the legal pot selling in Colorado? They were showing some long lines of people waiting on the news and one guy from Ohio spoke. Hope he smokes it there and doesn't get caught with it here lol!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; January 2nd, 2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 03:08 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone. As Pooh would say, happy Windsday.

It's gonna be cold as a mother out tonight. And windy. I guess winter has decided to settle in. Although I do notice the days getting longer. It may be just a tease, you never know.

Sandy I hope your checks showed up. I have direct deposit so if my check is ever late, I better get my resume together....

Ice. Allan some years ago we had a bunch of ice in Atlanta, and snow, and it shut down half the state for a week. Being from Illinois, I took a spade shovel out and started chipping away at the ice. My neighbors asked why I was doing that, it would melt eventually. I said, because that's what you do when you have ice on the driveway. Well, the next day it hadn't warmed up and my neighbors couldn't get their truck up the driveway, so they got out spade shovels and started chopping the ice. I just laughed.

Adrian 108 does sound hot. It sounds funny to me when I'm over there in March and my friends will say, boy is it hot, it's nearly 40!

Clint I think you're right, the restaurant business would be tough. Though, what industry doesn't have its hassles. Hm, maybe I should start up an airline. Oy.

Jamesbo, there is nothing left to say. That is perfect.

Okay off to work. Got my longjohns on and will probably work inside. Though, if I didn't have them on I'd be out on the ramp. That's okay, I never complain about working inside.

Have a good night everyone, just one more and it's the weekend. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:48 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Spent the last two days moving furniture, and throwing out garbage. Good time to do some winter cleaning. Only problem is, tomorrow's garbage day and I can't put anything out there because of the storm. Oh well.

About 24 degrees outside now and snowing hard. Supposed to have blizzard conditions tonight into tomorrow am. Expecting about 10-18". Govenor declared a state of emergency and closed down the main highway on and off the island. Reminds me of the storm we had last February when we got 32". Guess I'll be shoveling a lot tomorrow.

Hope you're all warmer and drier!