The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2023, 05:27 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - You're being kind to that guy - it might pay off if you move your thread to the bargain basement.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Jim - You're being kind to that guy - it might pay off if you move your thread to the bargain basement.
Don't understand Are you speaking of the Vista inquiry?
Old March 23rd, 2023, 05:31 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Don't understand Are you speaking of the Vista inquiry?
Of course...
Old March 23rd, 2023, 06:04 PM

Chris - Idiots working stupid. Nothing else adequately describes it. Absolute fools.
Yep, that pretty much says it all!

Just got back from picking up more furniture for my wife. Probably Antique (>100-yrs old) as evidenced by the wooden wheels, but we haven't dated it yet? It's a chest of drawers and a ladies vanity with a bench seat, all very ornate. We timed it pretty well, just barely beating the heavy rain that's setting in tonight and all day tomorrow, with some severe storms forecasted. Hoping to make it to the cruise-in on Saturday afternoon if the rain stops and the roads dry out in time.

Getting ready to settle in and watch the Michigan State game which is probably over by now but I recorded it.

Hope everyone has a great evening and weekend!
Old March 23rd, 2023, 06:13 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Getting ready to settle in and watch the Michigan State game which is probably over by now but I recorded it.
Yeah, Wildcats advance. Close game.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 07:00 PM

Yeah, Wildcats advance. Close game.
Norm, WTH, you gave me the outcome before I could watch the game!!!
Old March 23rd, 2023, 07:07 PM

I wanted to watch the local news, ya know, to keep up with what's happening in town, but no, there was some basketball game with schools far, far away. I care not for what college sports teams from places I have barely heard about are doing.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 07:12 PM
Running On Empty

Norm, WTH, you gave me the outcome before I could watch the game!!!
Oh heck. Sorry about that. I thought you knew honestly. I just thought you wanted to watch it.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 08:10 PM

Oh heck. Sorry about that. I thought you knew honestly. I just thought you wanted to watch it.
Ah, I'll get over it, just a B-ball game. Saved me the agony of watching them lose in OT!
Old March 24th, 2023, 01:43 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning 4o'clock!!

I didn't speak to the lead yesterday, but on a hunch, I came in at 4 and wouldn't you know it, we all started at 4.

Apparently the tacos came yesterday about a quarter to 12. I was back in class. The instructor asked if we wanted to go back down, we declined.

Jamesbo WTF is wrong with that guy posting about a different car in your for sale ad? That's about a dick if you ask me.

Well Chris, the Mets really blew it tonight!

Okay almost an hour in and I have my first wheel already. At one point yesterday all four robot positions were down. The lead always says if your robot is broke to get out the torque wrenches. Everyone thinks he's joking and they sit down. Oy.

Okay have a good day everyone, when you wake up.

Old March 24th, 2023, 02:03 AM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by slantflat

Jamesbo WTF is wrong with that guy posting about a different car in your for sale ad? That's about a dick if you ask me.
Mike beats me, I'm beginning to think some people are like the hardy perennials that show up at HOA meeting I spoke about above. Its their hobby to tire kick. I had a dude on FB market place that wanted pics of inside the tail pipe [exaggeration]Every time I went norte, I took more pics. After 3 weeks of taking ,more pics. Yesterday he said I only have $11,000 I said , You need to save up because the wagon is 25K
Old March 24th, 2023, 02:22 AM
Always room for one more

And that's why I never sell anything.....

Old March 24th, 2023, 02:23 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - I think they got a little carried away on the red interior VC in your classified ad. The guy who commented on the bargain basement showroom was the real dick-licker.
Old March 24th, 2023, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
And that's why I never sell anything.....
Well I don't have an aircraft hanger and I can barely turn around in the lake garage, Vista, Jeep, jeep trailer, Gator 10 sets of SS ll etc [like your Olds 350, sand blaster, ] cherry picker transmission jack 1952 Mercury outboard jerry cans parts washer, shop vac tools tools tools and more tools
Old March 24th, 2023, 07:02 AM

Norm, could you please learn me how to insert those things into my text? I need one of fred Sanford having a heart attack . Thanks
Old March 24th, 2023, 07:13 AM

Norm, could you please learn me how to insert those things into my text? I need one of fred Sanford having a heart attack . Thanks
Old March 24th, 2023, 07:17 AM
Jeff

I am soooooooooooooo glad I don't have to be nice anymore and the Starfire is in someone else's garage. Nitpickers, lowballers, and guys that were really interested, then ghost me... screw 'em all.

I could go on a long diatribe about my two HOA's, and people not understanding what dues should be spent on or not. I don't have the energy for it today.
Old March 24th, 2023, 07:23 AM

But, Jeff, you need another car for a witty name.

My cars do not have witty names. Best I can come up with is Big Red 'Hoe for my 98 Tahoe fire engine red garage queen.
Old March 24th, 2023, 07:44 AM
Jeff

Originally Posted by Koda
But, Jeff, you need another car for a witty name.

My cars do not have witty names. Best I can come up with is Big Red 'Hoe for my 98 Tahoe fire engine red garage queen.
Ah, see... that's funny right there -- Big Red 'Hoe made me laugh out loud.

I do not claim sole responsibility for naming any of my vehicles. Hell, I had the Starfire for 20+ years before one of my sons blurted out "Oldie Hawnk". The Lacrosse probably wouldn't have had a name if Waze hadn't got us lost in the foothills of OH/PA, whilst trying to find the dealership. That name came from a mid-90's SNL skit. Nicknames gotta come organically.
Old March 24th, 2023, 08:04 AM

Hi guys - Stormed most of the evening and overnight last night. Heavy rain, wind, lightning/thunder. Monty suffered his usual meltdown, but by midnight had worn himself out and we were able to sleep. We're supposed to get a repeat throughout the day and evening tonight, with flash flood warnings in effect. Ugh!

Things look iffy for a car event tomorrow afternoon. I think the rain will have moved out, the question will be if the roads have time to dry. I'm not going to take it out for just a few hours and then have to spend several hours detailing it again. There will be many other opportunities. No other big plans for the weekend. May, or may not, watch some of the basketball tournament now that MSU got knocked out.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!
Old March 24th, 2023, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer
Ah, see... that's funny right there -- Big Red 'Hoe made me laugh out loud.

I do not claim sole responsibility for naming any of my vehicles. Hell, I had the Starfire for 20+ years before one of my sons blurted out "Oldie Hawnk". The Lacrosse probably wouldn't have had a name if Waze hadn't got us lost in the foothills of OH/PA, whilst trying to find the dealership. That name came from a mid-90's SNL skit. Nicknames gotta come organically.
I am familiar with Lothar and his sermons on walking with a woman.

Chris, I took a truckload of stuff to my storage unit last night, some firewood, my truck's sandbags, and a few rubbermade totes of crap. Left the bed cover open and the tailgate down for the rain, which started about midnight and stormed and is still ongoing.
Old March 24th, 2023, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
Chris, I took a truckload of stuff to my storage unit last night, some firewood, my truck's sandbags, and a few rubbermade totes of crap. Left the bed cover open and the tailgate down for the rain, which started about midnight and stormed and is still ongoing.
John - I'm sure you are getting what we had last night. We've gotten a little break this morning, but it's supposed to start again soon. Not looking forward to it. Batten down the hatches and stay safe, I think we're both on the periphery of potential tornadic activity later this afternoon.
Old March 24th, 2023, 10:45 AM
Jeff

The Lothar name was really just to make one buddy laugh, because we're idiots that way.
Old March 24th, 2023, 11:53 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Jim - I guess you're talking about a run-of-the-mill .GIF file; or, maybe a meme file - not 100% on exactly what you'd like help with? Whichever is the case let me know, I'm happy to help you out. Red Foxx (Fred Sanford) has had so many heart attacks tough knowing which one is any better than the other. Our family got a kick from watching Sanford & Son - always a good time.

(1)

(2)

(3)
Old March 24th, 2023, 11:59 AM
Running On Empty

I was caught by surprise when a woman (Sue) I know (plays golf at my club) approached me at the grocery store this afternoon saying a friend of hers panties were soaking wet - said her friend wanted to know if that Cutlass Supreme convertible was for sale. I said it was indeed for sale. My friend, Sue, called me to say she gave her friend (Joanne) my telephone number and her husband (Doug) was going to call me. We'll see...
Old March 24th, 2023, 12:18 PM

I said it was indeed for sale.
Hey Norm - Probably just my failing memory these days, but I don't remember you even casually saying you might put the Cutlass up for sale? When did you decide to do that?
Old March 24th, 2023, 12:20 PM
Running On Empty

I've never had a nickname for anything I've owned. I don't particularly like assigning a nickname to things - for several reasons. What would it matter if I thought nicknames were inane, stupid, cheesy, useless, silly, ridiculous, contrived, absurd, annoying, pathetic, irritating, troublesome, aggravating, mindless, simpleminded, dull, idiotic or vain? It wouldn't. If you or someone you love dearly has owned a pet rock, I urge you or that person to seek medical treatment.
Old March 24th, 2023, 12:21 PM
Running On Empty

Hey Norm - Probably just my failing memory these days, but I don't remember you even casually saying you might put the Cutlass up for sale? When did you decide to do that?
Chris - About 1:30pm at the grocery store.
Old March 24th, 2023, 12:32 PM
Running On Empty

There has existed in my mind only one name, which isn't a nickname for anyone; in fact, it isn't the name of anyone. It's about the only type nickname I get along with.
Her name is Suzy Creamcheese - raised on Uncle Bernie's Farm & descendant of the Duke Of Prunes.
Old March 24th, 2023, 12:35 PM

Tanks norm, sorry to be so stupid ( remember I played pong) how do I save it and get it onto a text message?
Old March 24th, 2023, 12:37 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - Hey man, no problem. Put your mouse over one of the images you want, then RIGHT-CLICK your mouse and SAVE the image (to anywhere you want - a folder, your desktop, anywhere you'll remember where you saved it to). Then, when it comes time to use that image, you already know how to post images on here so it's that simple. If you still have a question - just ask or call me.
Old March 24th, 2023, 01:02 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - You headed Norte? You got the image thing fingered out? Call me for a walk-through if needed: 1-252-422-6666 (Son of the Devil's Dominion)
Old March 24th, 2023, 01:08 PM

Chris - About 1:30pm at the grocery store.
Well, I guess my memory is still somewhat intact! I guess everything has a price, and right now would be a good time to sell with prices having escalated significantly over the past 3-years.
Old March 24th, 2023, 01:14 PM

Norm yes thanks I got it figured out. Yes I'm Norte

I'm going to use it instead of the stupid thumbs up 👍
Old March 24th, 2023, 01:17 PM

I used to have an answering machine recordings of the king fish answering the phone at the lodge. Hilarious
Old March 24th, 2023, 01:33 PM

Chris, sell your Hyundai before it's too late.
Old March 24th, 2023, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Chris, sell your Hyundai before it's too late.
Dan - What do you mean specifically?
Old March 24th, 2023, 01:37 PM
Jeff

I've never had a nickname for anything I've owned. I don't particularly like assigning a nickname to things - for several reasons. What would it matter if I thought nicknames were inane, stupid, cheesy, useless, silly, ridiculous, contrived, absurd, annoying, pathetic, irritating, troublesome, aggravating, mindless, simpleminded, dull, idiotic or vain? It wouldn't. If you or someone you love dearly has owned a pet rock, I urge you or that person to seek medical treatment.
Not sure if I should be offended here, or not.
Old March 24th, 2023, 01:43 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Weezer
Not sure if I should be offended here, or not.
Of course not - that was really the whole point of not finding any reason to dislike the notion of assigning a nickname (or name) to anything - what would it matter.

EDIT: I take that back, if you've owned a pet rock - all bets are off the table.
Old March 24th, 2023, 01:52 PM
Jeff

OK, middle finger picture withheld (this time).