The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2023, 03:20 PM

Wow, that is crazy, Chris!- actually all of it, the BIL deal, college buddy deal and lifter deal!!
Norm, I am going to be repairing my clothes dryer soon. I just ordered all moving parts, ignitor, gas coils, tstats.limits all of it. No heat-gas dryer, I don't want to get it apart and find I need something else. My washer and dryer are in a small room so not a lot of room- It will suck but I have the time. All those parts cost about $100. so worth it...
Old March 28th, 2023, 03:26 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Norm, I am going to be repairing my clothes dryer soon. I just ordered all moving parts, ignitor, gas coils, tstats.limits all of it. No heat-gas dryer, I don't want to get it apart and find I need something else. My washer and dryer are in a small room so not a lot of room- It will suck but I have the time. All those parts cost about $100. so worth it...
Greg - Good deal. It sure beats the cost of a new clothes dryer. Hope it goes well. You probably recall the size of my room - very small. Requires some body contortions.
Old March 28th, 2023, 03:30 PM
Running On Empty

This helps me forget the miserable game I just played and keeps me from whining like a little bitch.

Old March 28th, 2023, 03:36 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - My grass seed has germinated. Literally popped up overnight.
Old March 28th, 2023, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Wow, that is crazy, Chris!- actually all of it, the BIL deal, college buddy deal and lifter deal!!
Greg - Yes, that is certainly the trifecta of craziness! I was certainly disappointed to determine the lifter deal is most probably a scam. Sure wish I had your mechanical capabilities, I'd probably just go buy a new dryer
Old March 28th, 2023, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
This helps me forget the miserable game I just played and keeps me from whining like a little bitch.
Norm - Is that a Hot Fudge Sunday? I see vanilla ice cream, walnuts or pecans, and lots of whipped cream, but can't really see anything else???
Old March 28th, 2023, 03:47 PM
Always room for one more

I did go buy a new dryer. It was 600 bucks. So those of you who can fix a broken dryer will be money ahead.
Old March 28th, 2023, 03:48 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Is that a Hot Fudge Sunday?
Absolutely
Old March 28th, 2023, 03:50 PM
Always room for one more

Got Mom to the doctor and came home and had leftovers. Just as good as the first time. It's beautiful out. A little chilly. We were supposed to get rain over the weekend but I don't see it now. I think we're done for a couple weeks. Yippie! I might try to get my friend to come over to help me move stuff over Easter weekend. We don't have any plans and I know he doesn't.

Old March 28th, 2023, 03:55 PM

Absolutely
Delicious! I bought some Mocha Almond Fudge ice cream a few days ago, Edy's brand. Edy's may be local, don't know for sure, but it is very good ice cream. I love coffee flavored ice cream with chocolate fudge on it, the almonds are just a plus!
Old March 28th, 2023, 04:00 PM
Running On Empty

Edy's Ice Cream is nationwide - part of the Dreyer's Ice Cream heritage.
Old March 28th, 2023, 04:06 PM

Norm It looks wonderful If I ate like you did, I would make John Dailey look like twiggy
Old March 28th, 2023, 04:11 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - Most days I walk when I play golf - weather permitting. So I walk ~18-25 miles weekly just playing golf. Toss in climbing/shuffling scaffolding I tend to get a workout. I'm very active with a high BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) - I burn calories reading a book.
Old March 28th, 2023, 04:14 PM

Edy's Ice Cream is nationwide - part of the Dreyer's Ice Cream heritage.
Ya, I looked it up since I didn't know. Apparently started in California. Marketed aa Dreyer's west of the Rockies and in Texas, and Edy's in other parts of the country.
Old March 28th, 2023, 04:17 PM
Running On Empty

Our H-T (Harris-Teeter) grocery stores sells most of the Tillamook dairy products. They produce excellent dairy products, locally owned (Oregon) & governed by small farmers (as opposed to the industrial banking conglomerates).
Here's a list of their ice creams...delicious. I made that hot fudge Sundae w/ Tillamook. They recently had a sale - buy one get the second free. I can't pass up those type savings - I'm weak.
https://www.tillamook.com/products/i...l?type=premium

Old March 28th, 2023, 04:33 PM

Our H-T (Harris-Teeter) grocery stores sells most of the Tillamook dairy products. They produce excellent dairy products, locally owned (Oregon) & governed by small farmers (as opposed to the industrial banking conglomerates).
Here's a list of their ice creams...delicious. I made that hot fudge Sundae w/ Tillamook. They recently had a sale - buy one get the second free. I can't pass up those type savings - I'm weak.
https://www.tillamook.com/products/i...l?type=premium
They've sure got alot of good looking flavors! I saw they have Coffee Almond Fudge!
Old March 29th, 2023, 03:19 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Had our weekly lecture about overtime today. He must think we forget or can't remember what the overtime rules are. Fact is everyone does remember, they just don't care. Eh, I don't work overtime so I don't care.

Norm I didn't know there were Harris Teeter stores, I thought they went out. I do know they are part of the Dolly Parton grocery empire, along with Big Star and Piggly Wiggly.

Pickup goes in for clutch this afternoon. Lord I hope I don't have to walk home. When it's ready I'm going to drive the car over, drive the truck home, then go pick up the car with the trailer. It's only about three miles to the place, and I walked it one time. Not a good time.

Okay Happy Hump Day everyone.

Old March 29th, 2023, 04:40 AM
Always room for one more

I didn't know this was possible but I now have a wall guy that is slower than my other slow guy. A couple guys didn't show up this morning so people got moved around. Not only is this guy like molasses in January, he also looks at the internet while wheels are piling up behind him. I try to make casual, helpful comments to get him to work, but I'm afraid they come across as passive-aggressive. That's not helpful. Guess I'll get a lot of internet looking in today as well.

So the weather on my phone said it was going to be in the 70s all week. It was a little chilly out when I left the house but I thought, heck it's going to be 70 I don't need a jacket. Now the weather is saying it's going to be 64. WTH why can't everyone be on the same page.

Break is in an hour. No one is working now. I feel some sort of a shake-up coming on.

Old March 29th, 2023, 06:07 AM

This is my favorite way to enjoy ice cream https://thetoastykitchen.com/strawberries-romanoff/
Old March 29th, 2023, 06:30 AM
Always room for one more

I don't see any ice cream.

Old March 29th, 2023, 06:44 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
Norm I didn't know there were Harris Teeter stores, I thought they went out. I do know they are part of the Dolly Parton grocery empire, along with Big Star and Piggly Wiggly.
Mike - I don't believe Dolly has interests in either Kroger or H-T any longer. H-T was purchased by Kroger (KR) sometime in 2013 (finalized 2014). H-T is doing quite well (apparently). I certainly enjoy shopping at their stores. FWIW, H-T developed in Mooresville, NC (basically home of NASCAR) & their rival grocery store Food Lion was developed just up the road in Salisbury, NC. I hate the Food Lion grocery store chain.
Old March 29th, 2023, 06:53 AM
Always room for one more

Oh Norm, we've been through this before. Dolly Parton bought Big Star, Piggly Wiggly, and Harris-Teeter's. She merged them together and called the new store Big Wiggly Teeters.

Old March 29th, 2023, 06:55 AM
Running On Empty

Oh Norm, we've been through this before. Dolly Parton bought Big Star, Piggly Wiggly, and Harris-Teeter's. She merged them together and called the new store Big Wiggly Teeters.
That's right - forgot!
Old March 29th, 2023, 07:04 AM

I don't see any ice cream.
Well I use vanilla instead of whipped cream
Old March 29th, 2023, 07:05 AM
Running On Empty

1971 CS Convertible Update

The woman interested in buying my car contacted me, Monday. I was going to list the car sometime at the end of May, but this woman contacted me, instead. I spoke w/ her husband. They have some deep pockets & he apparently has some knowledge of classic cars (and boats). He is buying his wife a car for her 65th birthday and asked her to pick one out. She wants a classic, saw mine several times at my club and her panties became soaked. She's going to drive it this Friday (day after tomorrow).

Last fall the power top switch went Tango Uniform - I think the switch is culprit, but not 100%. I have the top in the UP position, currently. Sometimes it works, other times not. I'm going to see if I can measure the amperage draw this morning to get a better handle on the issue, it could be the wiring may be suspect. I'm aware of the wiring location(s) and the circuit breaker for the power top. Therefore, I'm going to focus on ruling out the wiring to/from the power top circuit breaker first (cleaning the posts, terminals, etc.). If it's the switch, so be it. I'll R&R the power top switch from the dash panel (removing the speedometer & fuel gauge cluster).

I was really wanting to keep the car until end of May because I want to pull the dash cluster from my 2003 F-250 diesel tractor, send it out for a solder "re-flow" then reinstall. I've mentioned this in earlier posts, the solder on these Ford truck instrument cluster/gauge panels gets brittle and develops cracks - causing intermittent instrument failure(s) leading to eventual permanent failure(s) - that's me. I suppose I could rent a vehicle for several days while the instrument panel is out being re-soldered.
Old March 29th, 2023, 07:10 AM

A friend of mines uncle was a big wig with Ingles. After fishing with a bunch of Ingles execs for a week I bummed a ride home from Bimini in the corporate plane and a couple of exes invite me to their annual Herd Party in Atlanta . Basically it was a giant drunk where all the food suppliers met at a hotel with half the hookers in Atlanta A good time was had by all
Old March 29th, 2023, 07:13 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
...met at a hotel with half the hookers in Atlanta A good time was had by all
...essentially those working at the old Atlanta's Gold Club.
Old March 29th, 2023, 07:30 AM
Always room for one more

Norm I don't remember you saying you wanted to sell your car. You gonna drive the diesel tractor full time then? My guess would be if the top works sometimes, it isn't the breaker/fuse.

Old March 29th, 2023, 07:44 AM

1971 CS Convertible Update

The woman interested in buying my car contacted me, Monday. I was going to list the car sometime at the end of May, but this woman contacted me, instead. I spoke w/ her husband. They have some deep pockets & he apparently has some knowledge of classic cars (and boats). He is buying his wife a car for her 65th birthday and asked her to pick one out. She wants a classic, saw mine several times at my club and her panties became soaked. She's going to drive it this Friday (day after tomorrow).

Last fall the power top switch went Tango Uniform - I think the switch is culprit, but not 100%. I have the top in the UP position, currently. Sometimes it works, other times not. I'm going to see if I can measure the amperage draw this morning to get a better handle on the issue, it could be the wiring may be suspect. I'm aware of the wiring location(s) and the circuit breaker for the power top. Therefore, I'm going to focus on ruling out the wiring to/from the power top circuit breaker first (cleaning the posts, terminals, etc.). If it's the switch, so be it. I'll R&R the power top switch from the dash panel (removing the speedometer & fuel gauge cluster).

I was really wanting to keep the car until end of May because I want to pull the dash cluster from my 2003 F-250 diesel tractor, send it out for a solder "re-flow" then reinstall. I've mentioned this in earlier posts, the solder on these Ford truck instrument cluster/gauge panels gets brittle and develops cracks - causing intermittent instrument failure(s) leading to eventual permanent failure(s) - that's me. I suppose I could rent a vehicle for several days while the instrument panel is out being re-soldered.
Renting el cheapo seems to be easier than finding a buyer as this one was dropped into your lap.
Old March 29th, 2023, 07:49 AM
Running On Empty

You gonna drive the diesel tractor full time then? My guess would be if the top works sometimes, it isn't the breaker/fuse.
Mike - I'm not certain exactly what I'll do regarding transportation - I'm currently downsizing. The Indian is listed on CL, as well (I think I need to renew the posting). While some of my buddies etc. seem to suggest the 71 CS defines who I am, I'm not necessarily in full agreement w/ that portrayal. The '71 CS has been and is a great "hobby", but that's where it ends - a hobby. I spend significant amounts of time on other projects I enjoy. I'm not sold on the notion it's something I care to "maintain" any longer. I may purchase a golf transportation "beater".

You may very well be correct regarding the top. I can't recall where the power top SW gets its ground - it could be a ground issue, possibly. I think the ground is achieved via the dash panel ground. I've seen switches fail with intermittent ground faults. Oh well, guess I'll head out & dive into it.

Glad my grass seed is germination though. It's the small things which bring satisfaction to my existence.
Old March 29th, 2023, 07:51 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
Renting el cheapo seems to be easier than finding a buyer as this one was dropped into your lap.
John - I like the way you think - my thoughts exactly.
Old March 29th, 2023, 07:52 AM

...essentially those working at the old Atlanta's Gold Club.
And a few other Shoe shows. Funny true story down the road there was another Shoe show that the Feds seized for some reason and tried to run it. But the couldn't make a go of what once was a successful titty bar, Your tax dollars at work
Old March 29th, 2023, 07:58 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - I know "exactly" of which you speak. It was during this period of time I was visiting my good friend (Mark) in Marietta (1992 - 2001) regularly, several or more times/year. You think Steve Kaplan had a contract w/ the NBA?
Old March 29th, 2023, 08:37 AM

Nom Ax Ms. Soaked panties if she would also like a Vista Cruiser, Ill pay ya a fee
Old March 29th, 2023, 09:31 AM
Running On Empty

The Power Top circuit breaker has never been removed. Quick visual demonstrates SIGNIFICANT corrosion on both posts, h/w & wire end terminals. Irrespective if ‘that’ is the issue, those items are getting a thorough cleaning possible upgrade. Stay tuned.
Old March 29th, 2023, 09:34 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - I might chance mentioning it to her husband after & if she’s a buyer on the convertible. Some of my fondest adolescent memories occurred in the back of a ‘69 VC.
Old March 29th, 2023, 09:48 AM

Norm Jes tell him He will get laid more often Deal done
Old March 29th, 2023, 10:35 AM

The Power Top circuit breaker has never been removed. Quick visual demonstrates SIGNIFICANT corrosion on both posts, h/w & wire end terminals. Irrespective if ‘that’ is the issue, those items are getting a thorough cleaning possible upgrade. Stay tuned.
My phrase for that sort of thing is "I have found A problem. It might not be THE problem, but it is A problem."
Old March 29th, 2023, 10:44 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
My phrase for that sort of thing is "I have found A problem. It might not be THE problem, but it is A problem."
Yes, indeed. Just removed the 40A (LITTELFUSE INC) circuit breaker to clean it up real well & test for continuity. I could have tested for continuity while installed on the fire wall, but it requires a thorough cleaning anyways, so I removed it. Unlike many clueless/brainless motorcycle riders I've known & helped along the side of the road, I carry a compact set of tools on my Indian. I can't think the number of times my 1/4" drive socket set has facilitated the ability to get into tight spaces. Removal of this circuit breaker is one such case. So simple when you have the correct tools.
Old March 29th, 2023, 12:58 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - 1
Norm - 0

Cleaned up Power Top circuit breaker, continuity is perfect, reinstalled & upon activation of the switch the switch is shot, as in FUBAR like a limp dick. Oh well, more good having cleaned up the circuit breaker after 52 years. I'll R&R the switch after I show the car to the woman in heat on Friday. Wash, slight wax and vacuum it tomorrow.

I have a really nice large filet of wild-caught Sashimi Grade Coho Red Salmon in the freezer I'll be attending to next.