The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2023, 05:22 AM
Running On Empty

The majority of Mom's family (farm owners) owned JD. Excellent products. "Spend the green, go Green"
Old March 21st, 2023, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
Those noodles look good. Better than the shitty BBQ served by a weirdo here at the plant. Working night shifts the first part of this week.
Thanks John, I'll let my wife know. What's going on that's got you stuck on night shift, who'd you **** off now? Seriously though, are you installing new equipment again, or doing testing???
Old March 21st, 2023, 05:28 AM

I'm trying to save my sheckles to buy a metal building and get my stuff out of the leaking roof used tin 50 year old tractor shed. One of [ beside $$$] problems I have is the city wants the building to match the siding on my house. or go before the Design review committee. I'm leaning towards having it erected on Sunday and follow the theme, Its easier to beg for forgiveness than ax for permission
Old March 21st, 2023, 05:45 AM

Good morning guys,

Much warmer here this morning than it has been in several days, 43° at 0730. The monsoons will be setting in though, with a high probability of rain and storms all the way through Thursday. There was no activity at the home construction site yesterday other than hauling off a couple of sets of forms that they couldn't fit on the truck the day before. If it rains as much as they're projecting over the next 4-days they're gonna have a whole bunch of water in that hole!

I have to take our SUV to my regular mechanic for a State emissions test this morning in order to renew my plates (2-year) before the end of April. He's only 3.5-miles away so pretty damn convenient. I'm going to have him do an oil and filter change while I'm there, just to save the time and mess of doing it at home. He only charges me $15 if I provide the oil and filter.

No other big plans for today other than watching the rain fall.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old March 21st, 2023, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I'm leaning towards having it erected on Sunday and follow the theme, Its easier to beg for forgiveness than ax for permission
My favorite management philosophy! I operated that way for 35-years where I worked. Took my lumps when I was wrong, but more often than not was praised for taking decisive action and getting positive results. Phuque the debate and 2nd guessing, just "Gitr done!"
Old March 21st, 2023, 07:32 AM
Jeff

My last rodeo with a plug aerator left me without internet. When the cable company "buries" the cable, it's only about 2-3" deep -- oops. Mental note for next time.
Old March 21st, 2023, 08:54 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Came to work and no one said anything, except my friends who said they were glad to see me. The lead didn't say anything and I didn't try to pick a fight with him. I figure I'll save this for another time when I need to make a point.

Robot still broke. I don't think they are trying to fix it anymore. I've got my premier wall guy this week. Things are going well but slow. Two wall guys are depending on one slow robot guy.

Gonna be nice all week. I hope I get a chance to do something outside. Might see if I can talk a friend of mine into coming for a visit this weekend so he can help me with some things.

Okay have a good day everyone.

Old March 21st, 2023, 01:32 PM

Chris, GVSU would have been a good choice for me back then, a mere 30 mile commute. One of my buddies did go to MSU, so if I had gone I would have known one person! Your wife does amazing work, and the alfredo looks pretty damn good as well. Just ordered a glazed ham for easter, told my brother's wife that it was the least that I could do as dinner is at their place.
Old March 21st, 2023, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Your wife does amazing work, and the alfredo looks pretty damn good as well.
Thanks Dan, I'll be sure and let her know on both accounts. She is certainly blessed with many talents! I definitely got the better of the deal in this marriage. Nice of you to offer to bring the Ham for Easter!
Old March 21st, 2023, 03:08 PM

Good afternoon guys,

Rain got here around noon, nothing severe, yet. At least it's mild out..

Got quite a bit done today. Got the emissions inspection and oil change done on the SUV. Then got online and got a 2-year renewal on the plates for it. Then got online again and renewed my 6-month auto policies with Hartford for the SUV and my Ford Truck. I tried to pull up a quote from Progressive that I got for my motorcycles a few months ago, but I'm still too far out (5/23) from when my current policy expires with Geico to purchase the Progressive policy. Progressive is going to be about 30% less than I'm currently paying Geico, with better coverage.

I always remember when it's the first full day of Spring, the 21st is my little Sis's birthday. I hope she can have a decent day even with everything that's going on with my BIL. The funeral for his son is Thursday.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old March 21st, 2023, 03:18 PM

I did it! The magic of the Vernal Equinox!
Old March 21st, 2023, 04:28 PM

The magic of double sided tape!
Old March 21st, 2023, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
The magic of double sided tape!
Nope, that's the real deal brother!
Old March 21st, 2023, 05:02 PM

Chris, I hope that yo have better luck with Progressive than I did, I switched to them three years ago, and had big savings, then a year later they hiked my rates up big time, and I switched again.
Old March 21st, 2023, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Chris, I hope that yo have better luck with Progressive than I did, I switched to them three years ago, and had big savings, then a year later they hiked my rates up big time, and I switched again.
Dan - I hear ya, that's the F'ing game they all seem to be playing these days. Maybe since it's motorcycle insurance I'll have better luck, who knows. Motorcycle insurance is purchased for a full year policy period versus the 6-months for autos. If they try to jack it up next year I guess I'll just shop around again. I recently switched my SUV and truck over from Geico to an AARP endorsed policy thru The Hartford. The 6-month renewal just came due on that and they didn’t raise it a penny, guess we'll see what happens with that one at the 1-year mark.
Old March 22nd, 2023, 06:38 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

No lead, things are slow. We're burning up youtube.

Insurance just doesn't seem right. The government says you have to have it, and then the insurance companies charge you whatever they want. Oh and then if you have a claim, sorry, we're only giving you what we want to give you. Or drop you all together.

My one granddad worked for International Harvester. He was a foreman at Farmall Moline Works. His best friend was a foreman at Farmall East Moline Works. And here I bought a Deere endloader and backhoe. Well, Harvester was long gone by the time I bought my tractor.

Chris I think you photoshopped out your hand

So we took the freezer back to Home Creepo yesterday. It was a trick getting it up into my truck by myself but somehow I managed. Went in and said this has a dent on the top of it. Guy brought out another one and helped me load it and off we went. I haven't unboxed it yet. I had to lay it down in the back of the truck so it needs to stand up a day or so before I plug it in. Actually I'm not sure if I really need to. The old refrigerators with the motor on the top you had to let them set. Why tempt fate. There are just some things you don't do.

I gotta go find a snack. Hope everyone has a good day.

Old March 22nd, 2023, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.

So we took the freezer back to Home Creepo yesterday. It was a trick getting it up into my truck by myself but somehow I managed. Went in and said this has a dent on the top of it. Guy brought out another one and helped me load it and off we went.
Mike - Hope you have better luck with the replacement freezer! Glad they replaced it for you without any hassle!
Old March 22nd, 2023, 01:05 PM

Since it's supposed to warm up and rain I decided to over seed with my new toy. Worked pretty good only when it's set for the tines to go in deep, the hopper is tilted back so far I can't see how much seed is left in the hopper [ w/o stopping and getting off) Norm, In the pic below the rig are 2 graves that sunk and we added dirt to before reseeding
Old March 22nd, 2023, 04:06 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - Looks good. Did the hopper disperse OK?
Old March 22nd, 2023, 04:15 PM
Running On Empty

47/42 A complete meltdown.
It took me 15 holes to find a swing. At the range early working on an adjustment in cadence. I really like the adjustment - nothing happens overnight, will take several more rounds to find the groove. It was enjoyable striking the ball in tolerable weather conditions I'll say that much.

Replaced oil filter, new oil, new air cleaner filter(s), new fuel filter, new spark plug, greased mower deck pulleys, removed, cleaned sanded both ends of + & - battery terminals, applied dielectric grease then sprayed down entire JD ZTR. Runs like a champ w/ 426 hours on the clock.
Tomorrow I'll R&R new mulching blades.
Old March 22nd, 2023, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Jim - Looks good. Did the hopper disperse OK?
yes only wish I could see the bottom better
Old March 23rd, 2023, 02:13 AM
Running On Empty

Maybe mount a mirror? Stainless steel would be best.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/19281571013...evt=1&mkcid=28

Old March 23rd, 2023, 03:42 AM

Norm, That is exactly what I am planning on Great Minds think a like Amazon has clip on Cubical mirrors
Old March 23rd, 2023, 06:49 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Good deal. Curious if you perform the maintenance on your ZTR &/or other equipment or you entice Donny w/ your home cooked gourmet meals? I am so happy I bought a 1500 lb capacity pneumatic/hydraulic motorcycle lift years ago. With the side platforms installed there's plenty of room for the ZTR. What a difference it makes working on your feet instead of constantly working from the floor, knees, back, etc. Money well spent.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 06:56 AM
Running On Empty

R&R of new Oregon Gator mulching blades complete. Oiled/Greased various moving assemblies. Done w/ the ZTR mower. After coffee I'll make a leveling adjustment to my motorcycle lift - RF corner sits too low for it's location - easily adjusted, they're big gnarly steel bolts with feet you simply adjust up/down.

It appears the weather may remain conducive for grass seed germination moving forward. When I broadcast my seed ten days ago, the weather went Tango Uniform heading down into the lower 30s. I'm not sure they'll germinate. I may head to Ace Hardware for another bag of Scott's grass seed mix. The soil is supposed to remain 50° - 70°. So, I really don't know if they'll still germinate w/ the warmer weather or they've gone dormant and will rot.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 08:11 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Quick break for lunch and then back to class. This is an enormous waste of time and resources. There are two people in this class and neither one of us does the work that this class is recurrent for. I haven't worked on this machine in about a year, but the class is only on theory. A monkey could run this machine and never once set foot in a classroom.

Ug. After this I need to take Mom to the orthopedist for her progress checkup. I think she's doing great, new Xrays will tell the story.

Have a good day everyone.

Old March 23rd, 2023, 08:15 AM
Running On Empty

Quick break for lunch...
Mike, is lunch provided w/ your class?
Old March 23rd, 2023, 08:21 AM
Always room for one more

No it is not. Actually the lead said since we did such a good job during 5S he was going to bring us taco's today. He told the group this morning it would be about 11:15. That has come and gone and it looks like I will need to be back to class before he even gets here. Oh well. I'm not going to get my knickers in a bunch over it.

Old March 23rd, 2023, 08:26 AM
Running On Empty

Old March 23rd, 2023, 09:03 AM

Norm, We do it ourselves [with in reason] I let Donny use my lake house sometime but save the hard stuff for him [like pull and paint engine ] As I'm sure you know from golfing. His job is very seasonable, when he gets busy like poking holes in 40 greens [ including practice] I wont even text him with a problem [That's probably why were still good friends]
Old March 23rd, 2023, 10:01 AM

Ooooops, a Big Problem!!!

Notice the excavator in the pic is on the oppossite side of the street from the new foundation. Earlier this morning the excavotor was digging to the right (in the pic) of where the gravel leads to the new foundation, on the foundation side of the street. From what we have learned on the Subdivision website, the guy operating the excavator hit and damaged a water main. Why he is now having to dig on the opposite side of the street to make the repair I don't have a clue???
Old March 23rd, 2023, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
From what we have learned on the Subdivision website
I am sooooo glad there isn't one of those for my neighborhood. I'd be the topic of discussion much too often.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
I am sooooo glad there isn't one of those for my neighborhood. I'd be the topic of discussion much too often.
I hear ya Kenneth! I should have said "from what my wife learned on the Subdivision website" because I never get on there. Just the same group of people bitchin and moanin about anything they can think of to bitch about to make them feel better about themselves!
Old March 23rd, 2023, 01:42 PM

Chris, I learned along time ago City Hall, local politics like subdivision or HOA are some poor idiots hobby. They wouldn't miss a meeting or a chance to grab a microphone and prattle for anything. Last time I went to city Hall I ran over several hardy perennials on the way out the door. They still had more questions even after my vote was approved
Old March 23rd, 2023, 02:28 PM

I received a letter from my HOA tucked under my mailbox flag that had "lake passes" and a "boat sticker" and new rules for the lake and boat storage. Someday, I'll move my canoe down there.

This was from the 2/28 meeting, which I did not attend, because I received no email invite. They tend to forget me. They also tend to forget me with the dues email. They tend to remember me when I do not pay, then they come all "you were emailed."

This year, I shall be more firm. If they try to late fee me on dues, I will tell them where to insert it.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris, I learned along time ago City Hall, local politics like subdivision or HOA are some poor idiots hobby. They wouldn't miss a meeting or a chance to grab a microphone and prattle for anything. Last time I went to city Hall I ran over several hardy perennials on the way out the door. They still had more questions even after my vote was approved
Agree 100%. I go to our annual subdivision meeting just to cast my vote on the annual budget and to throw my 2-cents in if they're trying to spend funds on something stupid. Otherwise, I just say phuque em and go about my business!
Old March 23rd, 2023, 02:34 PM

Update on the water main break on the street behind us as a result of the excavator working on the new house. The City has issued a precautionary boil order for the homes on that street for 24-hours. Supposedly our street is not affected.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 02:58 PM
Always room for one more

Well the class is over and I passed. Barely, but good is good. The other guy didn't. He'll have to make up the test in a couple weeks. We didn't get tacos, either. I assume they came eventually but I went back upstairs and had some stuff I brought. That's fine.

Chris you'll know if your street is affected by the boil order if your tap water is brown. I would love to get a whole house water filter with a sediment filter so I never have to worry about that. Also one that removes lead and chlorine. And fluoride but I don't think there is one for that.

I used to be president of our Homeowners Association. We never really did anything. We couldn't assess anyone or tell them to do things like cut the yard because the association was voluntary. We paid a lot of money to a high priced downtown attorney for her to tell us how to make people pay. She said we can't, and if we pressed the issue with someone, ie in court, we'd lose. Our property deeds say we have access to the lake and all common areas. Doesn't say anything about dues.

Absolutely gorgeous out. I had all these plans to do things and I got to Mom's and sat in my chair and snoozed. It felt good. I must have been stressed in class all day. We unpacked the new freezer and got it going, all is good. Rain this weekend, I got plenty of stuff to do inside as well.

Old March 23rd, 2023, 03:07 PM

Chris you'll know if your street is affected by the boil order if your tap water is brown. I would love to get a whole house water filter with a sediment filter so I never have to worry about that. Also one that removes lead and chlorine. And fluoride but I don't think there is one for that.
Mike - Glad you passed your class!

Guess we're good to go on our water, it looks ok!
Old March 23rd, 2023, 04:24 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Idiots working stupid. Nothing else adequately describes it. Absolute fools.
Jim - I thought you most likely performed your own maintenance. Good on you. Hope the jeep is running well & ready for a season of enjoyment.
Mike - The guy who didn't pass - he's a lesser known monkey?
HOAs - Yikes...