The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2012, 01:29 PM

Sandy, I may be old BUT I got to see all the GREAT bands in person. Eat your heart out.
Old November 19th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Cutlass Lover

LOL! You know I meant it in a nice way....
Old November 19th, 2012, 02:19 PM

You got that right Jamsbo and a lot of those guys are still rocking out and filling venues with all ages.
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:30 PM

Good Evening everyone.

I can't remember the last time we had any precipitation around here. Unfortunately, that hasn't stopped the city from spreading salt on the bridges. Daytimes highs predicted to be above freezing all this week. I'll enjoy it while it's still around.

Tonite was bowling night, and my lowest game (154) was 20+ pins above my average. My highest game was 192 There goes my handicap though.

Mike, I remember some of those things too. I still have a Walkman cassette player around here somewhere. What is a Texas bacon sandwich?

We still have one of those old style walk up only DQ's here in town. Hmm, wonder if they have closed for the season yet?

There is one local chain of Burger joints. Everything available from a plain burger to ones with Mac 'n Cheese aka Kraft Dinner to Allan and me. They even have a Don Cherry burger with "sour grapes, moldy cheese & a stale bun" (inside Canadian joke).

orthoK, welcome to the forum. I would say that a WRX wagon isn't a bad A to B car.

Have a great week everyone.
Old November 20th, 2012, 04:35 AM
CQR

Good Morning all,

Paul, Nice series. We hopped back up to 1st place last week. I bowled a 201, a 170 and a 163 on a 157 average. Our cleanup man pre bowled and bowled a 229 and a pair of 258's. He almost has the highest average on the league. Pretty dry around here as well.

Pat feel free to send some of that moisture to the mountains just west of here. They sure could use it.

Mike I sure understand the 80's thing. I would kind of like to hire someone from at least the early 80's so they don't look at me weird when I start jamming to later Boston or something.

Jamesbo, I may not have seen Wagner in concert, But I did get to see the Go Go's in '83 at Red Rocks. The music may not have been worth much, but holey moley! the mini skirts were everywhere. Truth be told, I did see a lot of concerts of bands that were already mature by the 80's, The Scorpions, Don Williams, Bad Company, Merle Haggard, etc.

Well, everyone have a great day.
Old November 20th, 2012, 04:57 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day, It's warm'inn up a might.

"Wagner in concert" Hahahahaha

I was speak'in of a mite later, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Ottis Redding,The 4 tops, The Supremes,The Shirelles, Paul Revere and the Raiders, The Stones, Elvis, Liberace, The Beatles, James Taylor, Rod Stewart

Mike, We didn't get a drop of rain up ere yesterday.

Sandy, I hate to brake de news to ya. but Ya ain't spose to do things like ya did when you were a kid. I trust You've given up swinging from chandeliers.

One day my ex said to me. " You've changed." So I said, "I hope in 25 years I've changed."

Speak'in of Be'in Thankful [Thank God an Greyhound she's GONE]

My dear departed mother used to say, It isn't what cha eat between Thanksgiving and New Years day dat's the problem, It's what cha eats between New Years Day and Thanksgiving.
[Course fer our friend Mike it seems he eats de same thing ever day]

Enjoy your day Olds Friends, I gotta put a little Buddy Holly on my vinyl decoder [ LP]
Old November 20th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Originally Posted by CQR
Good Morning all,

Paul, Nice series. We hopped back up to 1st place last week. I bowled a 201, a 170 and a 163 on a 157 average. Our cleanup man pre bowled and bowled a 229 and a pair of 258's. He almost has the highest average on the league. Pretty dry around here as well.

Pat feel free to send some of that moisture to the mountains just west of here. They sure could use it.

Mike I sure understand the 80's thing. I would kind of like to hire someone from at least the early 80's so they don't look at me weird when I start jamming to later Boston or something.

Jamesbo, I may not have seen Wagner in concert, But I did get to see the Go Go's in '83 at Red Rocks. The music may not have been worth much, but holey moley! the mini skirts were everywhere. Truth be told, I did see a lot of concerts of bands that were already mature by the 80's, The Scorpions, Don Williams, Bad Company, Merle Haggard, etc.

Well, everyone have a great day.
Morning..
Had to post!......all this talk of yesterday!
Listening to Boston in a friends basement, playing pool and skipping school and driving around in his white 69 Firebird convert....man, that really was fun
AND, square headlights are still a new thing!
Face it, the fast food restaurant will soon be a thing of the past,they will go the same way as the Edsel!

The only rock star I ever met was Kim Mitchell of Max Webster...well as the song says" might as well go for a soda"

Have a good day......
Ted
Old November 20th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy this morning, temps in the 30's. Might have some sprinkles they say. There wasn't much traffic out there this morning.

I have to leave around 3:30 today to take Lin to her heart doctor appt. I don't mind taking her to this one. I like to ask him questions, lol. I have her kids taking her to most of her other appointments, finally.

It's quiet in here. Hope we get off early tomorrow. I think last year we got out at 2:00. I have to make pies and get the deviled eggs done.

Scot.... ya lurkin out there? Hope all is ok!

Paul.... good to hear from ya! You too, Sammy!!

Clint.... I love Boston! They're still one of my favorites.

The Intrigue has a cassette player. I have a ton of cassettes I can't listen to anymore. I should burn them onto disks. Tincanio has a cd player.

I think my favorite concert I went to was the Eagles. I love me sum Eagles, lol! Lynyrd Skynyrd played over at Kent State and for the life of me, I can't remember why I didn't go see them. It was free if I remember correctly. Joe Walsh was a local boy. He used to play around Ravenna and Kent, in the bars.

I saw The Monkees, Herman's Hermits, Three Dog Night. Ponderosa Park over in Salem was a country band place back in the day. I saw a lot of bands over there, some people were opening bands before they made it big on their own, like Neal McCoy, Suzy Bogess. I saw Alabama, Tracey Lawrence, Tracy Byrd, Ricky van Shelton, Mark Chestnut, to name a few. I love music!!

This reminds me of Kenny Chesney's song "I go Back", lol.

Well you all have a great day and smile at the memories, lol.
Old November 20th, 2012, 07:31 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thanksgiving Week All

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Scot.... ya lurkin out there? Hope all is ok!
Yeah I'm here every now and again, just kinda bummed out. Details in a bit or maybe even via PM. Lot's going on some good some disappointing.

You guys saw some great bands and gigs. I like all kinds of music, especially the late 50's - mid 70's. Not much of a country music fan but I like a lot of Southern Rock like 38 Special, Marshall Tucker, Skynard, Allman Bros, etc. My faves are all over the place genre wise like Jim Croce, Buddy Holley, The Trogs, The Turtles, Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs, The Doors, Joplin, Big Brother and the Holding Co (Also Joplin ), (Early) Rush, Jan & Dean, The Beach Boys, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendricks, The Ventures, well I could go on and on..... I guess that's why my 8 GB iPod memory is full

Well I got lots to do so I'll be around probably later than sooner. Check ya on the flip side (Side B or the B side of a 45 RPM record for those born after the fact)
Old November 20th, 2012, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
. I remember the waterbed craze(I was part of it, still have mine wouldn't be without it).
I still have mine as well. a nice King size waveless.
I just have a hard time finding sheets for it..
and finding another bladder when it sprung a leak a few years ago.. that wasn't fun at all..

I get scared thinking of what I will do if it should break again.. I hope it doesn't..
Old November 20th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Always room for one more

Morning everyone!

The Awful house was abuzz with people and I was there for over two hours. Saw some guys I hadn't seen in a while so it was nice to chit chat.

Scotty lay it on us! Who else will be as supportive in your time of disappointment? Hope things shape up soon.

So Sandy, Kenny Chesney, eh? All this talk of yesteryear reminds me of his song "Don't Blink."

I've got an old hi-fi that has the dreaded 60-cycle hum in it. I wish I could get it fixed so I could play my records on it. I found a bunch of electronic stuff buried in my office last night, some of it works some doesn't, I don't know what do with it. File #13 I guess.

Jeff I can't find sheets for my bed, either. Probably online or something. Mine sprung a leak a few years ago and I got a patch kit and some marine adhesive. Worked like a charm.

It's a beautiful day here at the Campus and Grounds, so I gotta get out and do something productive. Have a great day everyone.
Old November 20th, 2012, 08:39 AM

Ah yes...live concerts, the early ones are foggy, Aerosmith, REO Speedwagon, Foghat, Pink Floyd (twice) The Who (3 times), Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Heart, Frampton, Harry Chapin, and most recently Roger Waters. Fortunately, for the last 25 years, light alcohol at the events, so i can remember why I spent my money
Old November 20th, 2012, 08:48 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by slantflat
I work with a guy that was born in 1989. I have clothes older than that.
I have a faded Harley Davidson shirt that has a date of 92 on it .

I see nothing wrong with a car having a cassette deck, in fact most of my recorded music is on cassette.
I gave up on that one . They ( cassettes ) don't last very long .... even if you dont play them , they seem to deteriate in time .... after owning a CD player/DVD player all these years , I cant even bear listening to a cassette tape anymore . They sound so bad to me now , like your in a tunnel or something . I basically threw all my cassettes in the garbage , but my .... ahem .... wife cant seem to part with her cassettes , and they just waste a lot of space under our stereo system which is old too .

Originally Posted by car designer
I still have a Walkman cassette player around here somewhere.
me too .

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
The Stones , The Beatles
Good music there .

I should burn them onto disks.
That would sound terrible !

Eagles , Lynyrd Skynyrd , Joe Walsh , Three Dog Night.
More good music .

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Led Zeppelin , Jimi Hendricks , 38 Special , Marshall Tucker , Allman Bros , The Doors , Joplin , (Early) Rush , Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendricks
Excellent choices !
Old November 20th, 2012, 08:56 AM

Nothing beats putting a record on a quality player. I-Pods suck for good sound
Old November 20th, 2012, 08:57 AM

I shouldn't hold my breath I suppose, waiting for Led Zep to tour again. My Oldest brother (age 67) collects eight track players and tapes. My Pioneer HPM 100 speakers were purchased by me in 1976...still sound great, and considering what they go for on ebay, well mebbe i'll just hang on to them!
Old November 20th, 2012, 09:24 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
I shouldn't hold my breath I suppose, waiting for Led Zep to tour again. My Oldest brother (age 67) collects eight track players and tapes. My Pioneer HPM 100 speakers were purchased by me in 1976...still sound great, and considering what they go for on ebay, well mebbe i'll just hang on to them!

Some of the old non-solid state equipment really sounds good . The same goes for guitar amplifiers . Tube driven equipment rocks !

edit .... I would definetely hang on to those speakers ! I have listened to some really good old time speakers that are still pretty comparable to todays stuff .... unless your trying to compare to a Bose speaker or something .

Last edited by oldsguybry; November 20th, 2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old November 20th, 2012, 10:14 PM

hey buddy.

yeah kalgoorlie is a cool place, kinda like the last post. A lot of nice folks there and everyone seems to be very cool and individual, not like what you can get in the big smoke.

Its a nice place here guys and well worth the trip.

Originally Posted by CQR
Mornin all,

One of my best buddies is in the DQ business. Their family used to own 12-13 stores here on the front range, But I think they are down to 4-5 now. They never owned any Brazers, just the Ice cream, hot dog stores.

orthoK, I been friended by a lovely lass from Perth. Shes originally from Kalgoorlie. I, like Mike would like to visit sometime. Oz fascinates me.

Sorry, I haven't been on, been real busy. A friend From Chicago was here with one of her associates, for a therapy instruction class over the weekend. Then yesterday went and attended my first race in over a year. I can hardly move today. Wow, I'm outa shape. Then the missus and I fell an almost dead silver maple in the back yard. the past couple of years have been hard on the trees around here. I personally believe that we should remove the willow next to it, but she is determined to save it.

Well, heres to a short week. have a great day all.
Old November 21st, 2012, 05:36 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili dsi mawn'in but spose to warm up 'bout noon.

Mike, I found a magazine you dogs might wanta subscribe to.

Scot, Sorry things are FUBAR. Hang in there pal.

Y'all are gonna ROTFLYAO but de best shows I've seen in order are

1] Liberace
2]James Brown [and the Flames]
3] Elvis

As I got older, it seems de shows got worst and louder De last Neil Diamond concert I got drug too was de pits. [De first 10/12 weren't so bad]

Scot, I saw what's left of de Beach Boys at Chastain outdoor amphitheater in de rain. The bad news is de folks behind me umbrella was running off right down de back of my neck.

When I was a pup, we used to go see Ramsey Louis at the Caroursel lounge at Pascal Bros. [Wouldn't dream of go'in in dat neck of de city today]

Fer dat matter, I hate go'in to Hotlanta period.

Have a great day Olds Friends
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:03 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Where are ya?? It's another beautiful morning here. Temps in the 30's and sunny. Supposed to be 60 tomorrow!! That's my kind of weather.

Very quiet in here today so far. Hope we get out early.

I boiled the eggs for my deviled eggs this morning. Will go home and make them, and get the pies baked. Jean called yesterday and isn't joining us for dinner. She was on Sunday - don't know why she changed her mind.... We got a 20 lb. turkey so I guess there will be plenty of leftovers. I'm one that eats turkey on Thanksgiving and that's about it for the year.

I didn't get home last night until going on 8:00... Left here at 3:30 to take Lin to her heart doctor. They did an ekg and she was in A-fib. Soooo.. the doc upped one of her medicines from a half a pill to a whole one twice a day to see if that helps get her heart out of A-fib, and he wants her to come back next Tuesday for another ekg. We had to stop by the pharmacy and make sure they got the script refills, then I had to go through her pill containers and change the pills around so she takes the new larger dose of the one. It's amazing that she can't tell when she's in A-fib. I sure can, lol.

Nicole is going to go by and get Lin today after she's done at work, and bring Lin down to spend the night since Jean isn't coming and won't be picking Lin up on her way down. I guess that means I go home and set up Nicole's bed in the spare room. I didn't want to.... I'm tired.

So I see on facebook that the Olds calendar is on sale now. I have to check it out to see if Teepo made it in!

Scot.... sorry to hear things aren't goin real good right now. Hang in there!

You all have a great day and safe travels if you're driving!!!
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:29 AM

Good morning from Lansing MI! Its suppose to get up to 60 today, Doing some brake work on the 72 Cutlass I recently bought for my dad! I've had the drums sitting in rust bath all night, going to rinse them off, paint them, and put on new shoes, adjusters, and the spring kits that I bought yesterday!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:43 AM

Morning all

Happy hump day,

More rain today. But at least its a short day. The 6-year old 900 dollar dishwasher died last night so off to buy another before Turkey day. The clothes dryer and iron died last week. That makes three doesn't it. So I should be good for a little while. Have a good holiday all
Old November 21st, 2012, 09:03 AM
NOVICE car nut

They did an ekg and she was in A-fib.
I can't remember what that is . I have a heart murmer myself ( Mitrol Valve Prolapse ) , although I don't take medicine for it , I'm also scheduled for a ekg on the 3rd , and some blood work ..... as I get older I can feel it now . I get these funny feelings , and little pains from time to time . The cigarettes are not helping either . I was down to a couple a day , and now I'm smoking more again . I'll have to cut back down .

Originally Posted by citcapp
The 6-year old 900 dollar dishwasher died last night
I'm the dishwasher here . I want to be though . I hate dishwashers , they seem to be just a waste of resources . I can do them a lot cheaper by hand . The only time I use the dishwasher is on the holidays , or when there is a big get together .... otherwise I just do them by hand .... Pay me $30 an hour , and I'll do yours lol
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:25 AM
Always room for one more

Happy day before Thanksgiving everyone.

I hope everyone that works is home by now and ready to whoop it up for the looong weekend.

Slept good this morning. Until around noon. Beautiful day here.

Pat for 900 did the dishwasher clear the table for you as well? I don't think I've ever seen one that high before. Of course I've seen refrigerators for like 5K so what do I know.

Howdy Airborne! I need to make it back to Lansing one of these days and take in the Olds museum. I was there in 87 when I attended the OCA convention. The only thing that stands out in my mind is a Toronado that had a thick rubber nose on it. Weird.

Sandy deviled eggs are my favorite! I'm not a turkey fan either. In fact one year my Mom was at my house for Thanksgiving, and neither one of us wanted turkey, so we grilled steaks. My sister makes spaghetti. Did the Pilgrims even eat turkey for the first Thanksgiving? Did they call themselves pilgrims?

Jamesbo love the mag. I can see where my dogs would have editorials in there.

I think it's been over 10 years now that I've been going to Australia. Wish I had enough time when I'm there to see some different things, but I barely am away from home a week when I go.

Well gotta try to get something done, since I won't have a lot of time to myself this weekend. Hope everyone has a great day and is ready for tomorrow.
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by oldsguybry
I can't remember what that is . I have a heart murmer myself ( Mitrol Valve Prolapse ) , although I don't take medicine for it , I'm also scheduled for a ekg on the 3rd , and some blood work ..... as I get older I can feel it now . I get these funny feelings , and little pains from time to time . The cigarettes are not helping either . I was down to a couple a day , and now I'm smoking more again . I'll have to cut back down .

I'm the dishwasher here . I want to be though . I hate dishwashers , they seem to be just a waste of resources . I can do them a lot cheaper by hand . The only time I use the dishwasher is on the holidays , or when there is a big get together .... otherwise I just do them by hand .... Pay me $30 an hour , and I'll do yours lol
Do most of ours by hand as well Just me and my wife. But holidays parties are another story. Not much I won't do for 30 bucks an hour cash, worth 60 bucks on a pay stub
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:50 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by citcapp
do most of ours by hand as well just me and my wife. But holidays parties are another story. Not much i won't do for 30 bucks an hour cash, worth 60 bucks on a pay stub:d:d
Ha Ha ! I tried to put a grin smiley face , but it wont do it for some reason .

Last edited by oldsguybry; November 21st, 2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:09 PM

Interesting,

We do most of ours by hand also. Keeps from using the dishwasher as a 2nd china cabinet
Old November 21st, 2012, 02:17 PM
Just an Olds Guy

R.I.P. Mew

I mentioned to you folks just about a month ago that Mew had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Today she joined the Feline Upper Club and is not enduring the pain she must have been feeling. She is sorely missed by all of us. We will remember her fondly for the years of companionship she shared so willingly with us.
Old November 21st, 2012, 02:29 PM

Sorry to hear that Allen. Our pets lives are to short, they sure bring joy to our lives while they are with us.

R.I.P. Mew

ARF ARF from Toby our little dog
Old November 21st, 2012, 02:41 PM
CQR

My condolences Allan.
Old November 21st, 2012, 04:13 PM
Always room for one more

Allan I'm very sorry.
Old November 21st, 2012, 04:36 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Sorry about your family pet Allan......
Old November 21st, 2012, 05:05 PM
NOVICE car nut

OMG Allan .... I'm very sorry .... That was a beautiful cat !

R.I.P. Mew
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:25 PM

Allan, I am sorry to hear about your cat.
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:35 PM

Hi Allan
People who don't care for cats may not understand how they can become a member of the family. Summer before last I had to put down my cat Sheba. She'd been my buddy for 14 years and yes I missed her. Sorry for the loss to your family.

John
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:14 PM
Cutlass Lover

Sorry about your cat Allan R. That's terrible.

We got out of work today at noon, which was nice. I got the deviled eggs made and the pies baked. Nicole brought Lin down. I made a couple frozen pizzas for supper tonight. Too tired to cook.

We brought in Nicoles bed and set it up in the spare room. I liked having the twin bed in there better. More room. We had to go to Wal Mart and get some sheets and a comforter for the full bed. I washed them before I put them on the bed.

Well I'm tired and heading for bed. You all have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Old November 22nd, 2012, 04:38 AM

Mawn'in all

Allan, So Sorry about Mew. I was just telling my wife about the Thanksgiving day back in 95 my step mother passed away.

Let's all hope for a Happy Thanksgiving and that we survive the family repast.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 06:12 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Happy thanksgiving olds friends

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Old November 22nd, 2012, 06:15 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Mike here's a little something different only 40K
Old November 22nd, 2012, 06:59 AM
Always room for one more

Hey Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Good night at work. Changed an engine on a 767 and when we were finished ran it up and no problems! Usually there's a line that's leaking or a valve that sticks, but this time smooth sailing. Got home a whopping 25 minutes early.

Scot that guy has been working on that car for years. I have a feeling it will never be done. When it is done he'll think of something else to do. It is a cool one. Where does it say he's selling it?

Well time for bed. Turkey lunchmeat sandwiches await us this afternoon, and I need to get everything ready for my trip tomorrow. Supposed to be a nice day today, Jamesbo I hope you and Red can get out and enjoy the day.

Hope everyone has a great day and lots of good food!
Old November 22nd, 2012, 07:53 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Actually you want your potatoes lumpy .... They're suppose to be better that way .

Originally Posted by GAGoldsman
Mike here's a little something different only 40K
I like it !

Everyone have a great , safe , and sleepy Thanksgiving .... except for you Canadians , because you already had yours apparently

Last edited by oldsguybry; November 22nd, 2012 at 07:58 AM.