The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2013, 04:28 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John, I was busy watching those vids with the Ferds breakin hearts and taking names. Thats ok. The missus thinks I'm getting a little rotund. John I heard that Tom Hanks was gonna smoke cigarettes in the new movie about Disney but that would have givin the movie a 'R' rating.

Sandy I hope you don't overheat today. Gonna cool off here today. Spose to be about 30* colder starting today.

Mike, better luck next time.

Have a thursday all.
Old December 19th, 2013, 05:07 AM

Mawn'in all

cut/paste

Chili dis mawn'in but spose to warm up dis afternoon

Scot, You may be de only one on CO that has a clue where Richland,Ga is

Anyway, you're never gonna guess what happened in dat sleeply south gawga town http://www.richlandrum.com/

Dat's where my grandpa lived. I think de may be using one of his old stores. I found sum and bought sum to give to my cousins fer Christmas.

Right in de middle of the deep water Baptist Bible Belt.

Sandy, Hang in there gal

GTG have a great day Olds friends
Old December 19th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Captain Starfire

chomp, chomp...

Spose to be the last chilly one for a while; 'twas 41 at the Plantation, but in the mid-50s by the time I hit the S. Shore. Tomorrow, temps back up to high-70s and the wet stuff rears its ugly head....

Clint, that's sooo absurd. When you consider the garbage and filth that pass for family fare these days, to essentially make a show off limits to kids b/c of tobacco use is beyond comprehension. BTW, Mary Poppins is one of my all-time favorite movies ... .period. I still have the LP that Aunt Connie bought us ca. '64... I remember she originally bought the monaural version -- and we had just bought a new (albeit dinky) stereo phonograph... so the next day she returned it to the store in Downtown N.O. and exchanged it for the stereo version. I think I can still sing every song by heart.... "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun.... "

Sandy, sorry for the added drama at home.... maybe it's time to "kill him with kindness"? I kinda' like that result of "heaping burning coals upon his head." (Proverbs 25)

Whelpt, I spent about 40 minutes with a health insurance company yesterday and we might finally have found a solution... The company is still writing "underwritten" policies (thru 12/31) in which you can be outright rejected, and preexisting conditions excluded... so we might have one that would exclude some things, but would still give us some reasonable coverage. If officially offered (I have to wait 72 hours), it would be good for a year; but come 2015, these policies would not be legal anymore. I just hope we can get this for a year, then we'll cross that second bridge when we get to it. Maybe Congress will have some sort of fix in place by that time. (But I'm not holding my breath.)

Not to jump to politics or religion, but just for the sake of making a prediction, what's going to happen to Phil Robertson (and DD) with his being banned by A&E? I say he gets bigger than ever, and some other network will double his salary....

Jamesbo, dat stuff is prolly mytee-fyne.... in my drinkin' days, I'd have scooped up a litre or two. Used to love Myers', Capt. Morgan, and Bacardi in a previous life.

Y'all have a great Thursday, Oldsmopals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 19th, 2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:55 AM

That looks like some good rum, which reminds me, I gotta make rumballs for Christmas.
Old December 19th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Captain Starfire

Get thee behind me, Satan -->

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321278334073

(sure could tempt me)
Old December 19th, 2013, 09:16 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Afternoon All

Very nice day today and supposed to be in the 70's by the weekend

I saw dat stuff on da shelf last time I frequented my favorite aqua vitae provider

John you need dat vert brother Nothing like a big red droptop

Clint what is this world coming to these days

Y'all have a great day
Old December 19th, 2013, 10:02 AM

????

Anyone know what dis came off of?

I found it in de woods while I was walking Red

Is it worth as much as yesterday lotery ticket dat didn't win?
Old December 19th, 2013, 10:17 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Dunno right off what it goes to, but I'd say it's worth something to someone as long as the studs are there and it isn't broken anywhere.
Old December 19th, 2013, 10:31 AM

It's not the Maltese falcon!
Old December 19th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

We have sun today!!!!! Its warm too! First we've. Been above freezing in 13 days they said. It's 41 now and will be lovely for my walk in a few minutes.

My Marc came by work this morning and brought me a cinnamon raisin bagel!! It was soooooo yummy. Haven't had one in so long. He brought a few other ones too but these guys didn't eat any. He was going over to see Larry after he left here. I wished him luck, lol. Told him he's gonna get an earful!

These guys hadn't been out to check the mail while I was off so we had a boxful out there! I usually get it each day when I'm done with my walk. Got lots of chocolate gifts that came in when I was off. Some of the things that came, they already took home..... I saw the UPS boxes but none of the goodies.

Well I better find something to do so I'll talk to ya later on. Have a good afternoon.
Old December 19th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Nice day here, around 60. Not going to be quite so cold the next few nights, which is fine by me.

Well I know why I go to the Awful house on my days off. It gets me up and moving and out of the house. Yesterday I decided I wouldn't go, so I stayed home. A couple hours after I got up, for whatever reason I laid down on my bed, and snoozed for two hours. Didn't get the burn pile started until 2. I sort of half-assed it also, I didn't get that much burned. Eh.

Jamesbo that looks like a hoodbird off a 56 Chevy.

John that Delta looks excellent, and with Polycast SSIV wheels to boot. I'll go with you to drive it back.

Sandy hope things are going okay this afternoon. I bet those guys were wandering around in circles while you were off, not knowing where stuff was or what to do with things.

Scot I don't know where you're getting those 70s temps but I wish you'd share. We were supposed to get rain this weekend but now it's looking like we aren't. It's officially winter in two days, so when is it going to start warming up?

Still need to get a couple presents for my Mom. I'm out of ideas. What do you get someone who doesn't like anything? So far I got her an Orgreenic skillet. It's supposed to be the last word in non-stick cooking. I rack my brain trying to come up with ideas and most things I get her end up in a closet.

Well I think I'll start getting ready for work early today, so I'm not so rushed. We're getting into the serious holiday flying so there won't be as much work on the planes. They don't want to risk cancelling a flight and then Buffy and Jody not getting to grandmother's house.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old December 19th, 2013, 12:38 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Here ya go Mike

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day...+GA+31069:4:US
Old December 19th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Always room for one more

79! You're killin' me!
Old December 19th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
Get thee behind me, Satan -->

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321278334073

(sure could tempt me)
Nice looking car John. Someone painted the engine the wrong color tho - HUGE discount for that. 71 Royale std engine was the 455 2bbl which it appears to have, but the L31 was the choice one for that baby.

The SSIV's are claimed to be an add on, but really do add to the look. I don't think it will sell for huge $$ though as the B bodies are not considered as desirable in today's market.

BTW, this in NOT a full restoration - IMO the body is a cosmetic respray with a freshened up interior. All you have to do is look at the inside of the door jambs, hood and trunk to see that. The rest of the car appears to have been well preserved likely by storage in a garage during it's life. Overall very nice presentation, good body lines, panel gaps and trim. Hagerty would likely value this car as condition 3 at around $10 - 11K. But if I was going to spend that kind of money for a larger car, I'd be looking for a good turnkey Vista Cruiser
Old December 19th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
LOL - here ya go Scot
Sunny Edmonton, Alberta
Old December 19th, 2013, 01:50 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Brrr Al that makes my bones ache looking at those temps
Old December 19th, 2013, 02:15 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Does this sound like any outfits you know Mike?

Old December 19th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Is that the new A380???
Old December 19th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Always room for one more

Looks like a 380. I didn't realize there was going to be a cargo version. Scot we always are tempted to write something smart alecky when we get dumb write ups. Once in a while someone will and then he gets in trouble.

Okay off to work. Good night everyone.
Old December 19th, 2013, 06:40 PM

Good evening everyone.

Busy this week with Christmas parties and work in general.

Spring is here! The snow is melting and the temperature was at or just above freezing today! Well, at least for today. We have a storm coming in tomorrow and supposed to be getting another one on the weekend.

Scot, that maintenance reply list is great!

John, that is a nice red convertible!

Sandy, hopefully things get better this weekend.

I could not believe when I heard the big lottery in the US was up to over 600 million Maybe I should have gone down and bought a ticket! Up here, at least for one of the lotteries, is capped at $50 million, then they will add up to 50 other individual $1 million prizes. What would I do if I want even a 1 million prize? I think I could make do.

Well, have a good Friday everyone.
Old December 19th, 2013, 08:42 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Sunny and warmer here today, temps up to 45. Going to 50 tomorrow so we should get rid of all the ice.

John - ahhh temptation with buying another toy? , sounds familiar. I think Robertson will be fine and the show will either go on or go to another station. We still are allowed to speak our minds, hopefully.

Scot - like the airplane repair jokes, very funny.

Going to bed, have a good night everyone.
Old December 19th, 2013, 09:31 PM

Getting a bit of freezing rain, some slick spots on the highway on the way home from work, side streets are real slick. Should be fun tomorrow.
Old December 20th, 2013, 01:06 AM

Mawn'in

Worm

English muffin, Canadian Chedar. poached egg, Canadain Bacon

Boy, It's nice to be in de mountains sans cats, Red dog an I are really enjoy'in it.

Put new fuel pump on de Gator yesterday, Today gonna rotate tires on de 2500 4x4 and change de oil, cook a big pot of chili and wait fer de rain

When de super model makes up her mind,there's no stop'in her. She's bout to bust a gut to get the deck pressure washed. I keep tell'in her to wait til spring but nooooooooooooooo. Zo, I guess I'll haul de pressure washer home and make a skat'in rink out de deck

Mike/Scot look at de wings of dat hood ornament. I don't think it's a Cheby with dem ridges in de wings. I keep want'in to say Desoto but I'm no expert

Sandy, Tell Grumpy Jamesbo said to be sweet to you, or I'm gonna send uncle Lewie up there wit a rubber hose to adjust his attitude

Have a great day friemds
Old December 20th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Nop
2-stroke 1-cylinder guy

Had christmas party in the office until 1:30am.
Back for work at office at 6:15am.
There's still half the food in the kitchen freezer.
There's a post-it on the fridge door "Eat up or get fired".
Oh yes, "Christmas beer" is free today at work.
Need I say more?

Yes, I do live in Bavaria. And I like it that way.

Last edited by Nop; December 20th, 2013 at 01:33 AM.
Old December 20th, 2013, 04:39 AM
CQR

Mornin all

Friday is here and I need to start my x-mas shopping this weekend.

Have a great one all.
Old December 20th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Nop
2-stroke 1-cylinder guy

Originally Posted by Nop
There's a post-it on the fridge door "Eat up or get fired".
Check.
Originally Posted by Nop
Oh yes, "Christmas beer" is free today at work.
Check.

Yaaaawn!
Old December 20th, 2013, 04:53 AM

Nop befo ya get sideways at werk. Would cha mind help'in me wit dis hood ornament.

It's about to drive me to drink
Old December 20th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Nop
2-stroke 1-cylinder guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
dis hood ornament
Me sorry, only firm with German brands/animals/ornaments:

Attachment 81527
Old December 20th, 2013, 05:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin All

Jamesbo does it have any casting #'s under the bottom? Any other writing?
Old December 20th, 2013, 05:49 AM

Scot Nope

3 of the 4 post are good and beleive it or not the nuts turn easily

I think nop got his head caught in de trough a bit early at werk
Old December 20th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon All!

Elsie is here. She arrived last night. Temps are in the 40's which is nice.

Real quiet in here today. Phones aren't ringing. Steve will probably let us go around 4ish today so we can get ready for our dinner tonight at 6:45. Brian printed the on line menu for us so I guess we can kind of decide what we're going to have ahead of time. I'm going to be having me some drinks, I know that!!

I broke down and talked to Larry last night. Asked him how he's liking his new truck. That was about it. Marc called me after his visit over at the shop yesterday afternoon. He said he told Larry that he doesn't need to add to my stress, just to let things go. He said he also told him that I can handle Nicole when I think shes not being respectful of me or whatever, and that he needs to understand that little things are enormous to me right now and he just needs to support me and hold my hand or whatever. You go Marc!! So hopefully some of it sunk in..... Might have to send Lewie, Jamesbo!

So I'm thinking that this Target store thing where the crooks got all the customers account numbers from black Friday to mid December, is what happened to Nicole when Chase called her last week about all the transactions that someone was trying to put on her card. Jean and I also used our bank cards at Target on black Friday. I watch my account activity pretty much every day so if I'm not right on with the bank I know it immediately. Nicole and I both have the automatic alerts from Chase on our phones which is good!! It's a shame that people have stooped so low these days...

We just found out that one of our employees in Houston, his 13 year old daughter just died of cancer. She was diagnosed in the spring so it must have been fast moving. I can't ask... Cancer sure doesn't discriminate. It doesn't care if you're young or old, poor or rich, black or white, thin or fat, whatever. It just rears its ugly head at any time. God that makes me so mad!!!!!!

Well before I get off on a rant I better get off of here. Have a good afternoon all. Hope ya get all your shopping done Clint!
Old December 20th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Captain Starfire

Happy Friday, all....

Warm, muggy one down in the swamp. Only got down to mid-60s on both sides of the lake, with wet stuff threatening -- although not here yet.

So, the better half & I are going to my brother's college graduation party tonite at their house... It's only 37 years after H.S. graduation! I gotta give the boy credit --> he persisted, and I guess it finally came to fruition.

I did a cursory Google image search for "jet hood ornament" and looked at about 400 of them... nuttin'. I'd say it's a rare bird, no pun intended. I don't think it's a Chebby, although that was my first thought.

Sandy, let's hope & pray that little lecture sinks in; we'd all hate to see Uncle Lewis have to take a special trip to OH to do the attitude adjustment. Very sad to hear of the precious 13-y.o. girl. God rest her.

Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
John - ahhh temptation with buying another toy?
Darrell, I'd love a toy like that. It's less about the $$ and more about marriage "capital" --> You know you only have so much, and you have to spend it wisely. What it's gonna' come down to in the next year or so is me getting another toy or getting an actual new car when I ditch the Camry. I'm not gonna' get both. Right now, I'm leanin' toward a new toy; but I really don't "need" it. Just want it! When I quit this job, I could actually do without a commuter per se, and just use my F-150 for my local transportation and the better half's Fusion when need be and for longer trips.

Allan, thanks for that evaluation. It all makes very good sense. Wasn't sure of the correctness of the engine color. I'd say it was rebuilt. You? I don't think I'd get it unless I knew it had the 4V engine. That's what I had in my old '73 in a prior life, and I loved it. I had a friend with a '71 coupe with the 2V and it just didn't light my fire, although those old 2Vs have some great throttle response ... and of course, that incredible Oldsmobile rumble. (It's amazing how quiet my SF is.)

Here's my video du jour. What a Wurlitzer! Enjoy.
Whelpt, have a great weekend and resto' Friday, Oldsmomates.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 20th, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old December 20th, 2013, 12:17 PM

John, Scot and Larry said it 's a 51 Lincon. I'm going back to de woods to see if I can find de rest of it
Old December 20th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Captain Starfire

I must've missed dat.... Hope you gots you some heavy excavation equipment .
Old December 20th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone.

Been cloudy all day, but I don't think it's going to rain. The clouds are what's going to keep temps a little higher tonight, which I appreciate.

John that wagon is a circus on wheels. I'd love to drive something like that every day. Congratulations to your brother.

Sandy I hope your Marc's well placed comments do some good. Was the exchange about the new truck at least temperate?

Holy Cow Nop.

Clint good luck with your shopping. The package I send to my Mom is going to be a bit late.

Well gotta hit the road early tonight. Gonna go next door to see off my neighbors, they are going to Florida for Christmas. He likes to talk so I need to build in some extra time for the ride to work. If I'm late I have to bring donuts.

Okay have a great weekend everyone.
Old December 21st, 2013, 03:45 AM

Mawn'in

Worm

No more 51 Lincon parts/pieces in de woods.

John, When I re did my Vista I was amazed at de number of chrome trim parts it had. But it wouldn't hold a candle to dat wagon. Holly Cow

Guess I need to go back to de city and start think 'bout Christmas
Old December 21st, 2013, 05:29 AM
CQR

Mornin all!

Gonna steam clean Quads today. Spose to get up to a Balmy 40F. Then do my shopping tomorrow.

Have a great weekend all.
Old December 21st, 2013, 07:12 AM
Captain Starfire

Welcome to da' pre-Christmas weekend

Mornin', all... I haven't gotten up this late in years. My eyes are puffy... but we didn't get back from the graduation party until almost midnight. It was food-overkill; so I tried not to kill myself. They had a fabulous corn & crab bisque... I could have just eaten a good bowl of that & been OK. But that was just the start.

We might also go to Middendorf's this afternoon with a couple friends; but I got a text last night that the wife wasn't feeling well and they'd let us know this morning whether they would make it; haven't heard anything yet.

It's in the 60s and way-muggy in da' swamp; Elsie has eluded us thus far; but she's still spose to show her bovine face tonite.

Have fun with that steam-cleaning, Clint. Hope you and Jamesbo do manage to get all yer shoppin' in before they start singing Joy to the World.

As for our video du jour: This is a long one, but Jay is pretty entertaining and there's a pretty cool story behind the car. My friend, Gene, has a '59 Super 88 drop-top up in Bellaire, MI. He's the one I'm planning on going to St. Ignace with in June.

Whelpt, let me get to doin' sumpin'.... Have a great weekend, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 21st, 2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old December 21st, 2013, 09:04 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good 1st Day of Winter All

We get to celebrate the official start of winter with temps almost like early summer and flirting with the 80* mark

Jamesbo that is sad news , as I had visions of a '51 Hot Rod Lincoln dancing in my head With a rocket engine of course

Whelp we're about to head out. Zo have a great day all
Old December 21st, 2013, 10:26 AM

We get to celebrate the official start of winter with temps almost like early summer and flirting with the 80* mark
You're not nice.....more freezing rain here, with a shot of a winter storm moving through tomorrow!