The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2014, 08:39 PM

Mike, I remember that VW ad...oh, oh, I might be getting uh, more mature! Nope that's not it.
Old January 28th, 2014, 04:01 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Dan/Mike. I remember that as well.

Scot, Absolutely. I haven't needed it much this winter. In all honesty, I need to get it all transferred over to the new(er) truck. My wife mentioned in passing that I 'was getting quite the truck collection...' time to clean house a bit I guess. Hope you phone starts to ring.

John Good luck keeping those ladies under control. Sounds like you have your hands full.

Sandy, I'm pretty sure we are all ready for spring. This one sure seems relentless.

Thanks Jamesbo. Talkin with my pop yesterday I guess I've been pretty sheltered when it comes to family deaths. I never knew he was the one who heard the thunk in the bathroom and found his dad (my grandfather) on x-mas day many moons ago.

Had a guy call me yesterday form a little 'bedroom community' outside of East St. Louis that saw that TV show, and wants me to help him find him a 442. So I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with him yesterday. I sent him a link to this one. Seems a little steep to me but thats not my decision.
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4234680307.html

I also sent him this one. They both have been listed for quite a while.
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4241710577.html

I also saw this and thought "holy moly! and I thought I paid too much for my set at $125."
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/4305614404.html

Well, its cold this morning. We got 3-4" yesterday into this morning. May have to use something more than a shovel.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old January 28th, 2014, 05:32 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili an spose to snow later. I guess I need to follow to Hotlanta tradition an go out an buy milk and bread [even though I don’t need it]

Clint, Aren’t dem 15” snap on centers?

Zo, I wakes up early grab a cup of java and go out on de poach to have a cig. And thar’s dis jump box out thar and de step son is asleep on de sofa.

“Where’d ga get de jump box? “ Lee, [squeeze’s father ] gave it to me.”

“So what’s it do’in on de poach?’

“ My battery won’t charge”…………..I think it may be because the thing that looks like a belt that’s attached to the battery is rusty”

“ Are you talk’in ‘bout de cables that attach to the post?

“ Yeah, I guess”

“Why don’t ya clean dem off?”

“ What should I use?

“ How about a wire brush.”

“Where can I buy one?’

“Auto Zone, Casa Depot ANYWHERE.”

Zo helicopter mom goes out to help wit de jump box as step son heads to werk. “Jim, We need you.” [It’s 5:30 a.m. an I’m having my second cig and my second cup of java.

Ya know sweetheat, when de cables are rusty and he put’s de jump box on rusty cables, they’re not gonna make good contact an it may not start

Stay tune fer chapeter II of “ How stupid can a college grad be”

Will he have de common sense to clean off his battery cables or will he buy a new battery?

Who need ‘reality” TV
Old January 28th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Sunny and -11 here this morning. Our high is supposed to be 2 if we're lucky. Typing on my phone while l Larry is driving so pardon mistakes. On our way to Akron. Let the games begin.

Genetic place is first stop. Start praying at 1:00. Pray that I will feel ok the rest of the night and will wake up feeling ok and be able to work. I should feel worse by Friday. Takes about 3-5 days. The nurse did call me yesterday and I asked a ton of questions. Didn't get any good answers.

Just passed the riverfront. How I wish it was June already!

John... so sorry to hear about your other aunt. will say prayers.

Mike.. got the package. thank you!

Have a good day all.
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:09 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good afternoon mawnin friends

Whelp the freezing rain has begun and the snow is on the way

Clint it would be fun to plow a few roads if the need should arise I hope my phone rings too Funny thing is the Dept of Labor that posted the ad stated that this position was for an apprentice position with little to no experience needed. Well I land the interview with my resume that I faxed over. During the interview, I tell them about myself and most of my many talents. One of them states "We are looking for someone with machining experience" I tell them I can read micrometers, straight edge, blueprints, tape measure to any increment with precision, drill press experience, so on and so forth. Basically I feel good about the interview and my abilities, so I guess it's a waiting game to see if anyone else out qualifies what I can offer. I mean how can I have experience on a milling machine or a lathe if I haven't had the opportunity to do so? I woulda thunk that an apprentice need not to have machining experience, but mature enough to not mangle his hands or worse?

Jamesbo tell the young lad to use coke and battery terminal spray after it's clean.

Y'all have a great day ya hear
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Just an Olds Guy

3 more days.
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:38 AM

Use Coke? Dat's jes what he needs to get FUBAR
Old January 28th, 2014, 01:21 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Old January 28th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Captain Starfire

Chill-Y afternoon

Hi, y'all.... It's with mixed emotions I report the passing of dear Aunt Connie early this morning. The Lord has shown His mercy and her suffering has ended.

After seeing her last night, I'd have been surprised had she survived the night.

Thanks for all your prayers and well-wishes, gang. I really appreciate it.

I and my brothers and other aunt will focus on getting Aunt Jean healed up... not exactly sure about her path to wellness, or exactly what the prognosis is, as I haven't seen her in the hospital yet. But we'll figure it out pronto.

The weather doesn't seem as bad as the prognosticators said. We haven't seen a flake of snow here at the Plantation as of 3:53 p.m. CDT, although ice is starting to form everywhere. With any luck, 'tho, the sleet and rain will end soon and we'll get thru the next day or two unscathed.
Y'all stay warm, Oldsmofriends.
Old January 28th, 2014, 02:21 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Our thoughts and prayers are with you John. We are genuinely sorry for your loss and just know she is in a better place my friend. We hope your Aunt Jean will heal swiftly. Let us know if there is anything you need.

Scot, Kim & Family
Old January 28th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Always room for one more

Hey all.

John I'm so sorry. Bless her. Continued prayers for Aunt Jean and the rest of you.

It started snowing here some time after noon today. I'd say we have about three inches. It's not snowing hard, but is supposed to be on again off again for the rest of the evening. The dogs love it. I brought home the 4 wheel drive truck.

Scot I can't imagine anyone not hiring you. You want me to call them?

Jamesbo if he buys a new battery and still doesn't clean the cables, expect another call early tomorrow morning as well.

Allan where else are you going besides Texas? Weren't you going to Mexico? I went to Mexico once, Tijuana. I was freaked out all day long.

So Sandy I'm lost. You went ahead with the chemo? Keep pressing for good answers.

Okay time has snuck up on me, again, still have to go out with the dogs and I wanted a little extra time to get to work, guess I'll have to drive 90. Hey, I got 4 wheel drive...

Have a good night everyone, it's my Friday. Woohoo! Eh, it don't mean much.
Old January 28th, 2014, 07:02 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Clint thanks for the loaner, but I think I'll try my luck getting a 16 horse Wisconsin into this one

Thanks Mike for the confidence, and sure call them please
Old January 28th, 2014, 07:19 PM

Good evening everyone.

John, my condolences to you and your family. And sorry to hear about Aunt Jean, she is in my thoughts.

Well, I felt like I was back at school. We all got sent home at lunch today! Sounds like a water main was leaking and they needed to shut the water to the building to fix it. Oh well, just had to go home.

Scot, that is a funny looking plow.

Allan, I think another reason for the doors on the driver's side of the bus is for entry and exit on one-way streets.

Clint, bowling is going good lately. The 2nd half of the season started in January and we have been in 1st for the last 2 weeks. I'm hoping we can keep it up.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:35 PM

John, you have my condolences.
Old January 29th, 2014, 02:38 AM

Mawn'in

John, My sincerest condolences for your loss. PM if you need/want any help

Welp, Hotlanta is a mess, total grid lock. Seems [in their infinite wisdom] de let de govement, schools, and business all out at de same time. So de roads got overloaded with folks [dat can’t drive in snow] try’in to make it home with the normal 1/8 filled gas tank.

Kinda a snowy mass exodus similar to an interstate Dunkirk

De problem is with so many cars on de roads, the few plows/sand trucks can’t get out to do their job

De super model is stuck in Buckhead [luckily with sum friends] I don’t know whar de step son is wit de dead battery. Hope he’s OK. I called him to tell him NOT to come home and to go to his aunt’s house [not fer from where he werks] but naturally he didn’t call back.

Me? I’m at de farm with 4 cats, Red Dog [he likes hot pastrami sandwiches] a pound of pastrami sum havarti and sum rye bread.

De shaded rural roads around ere are a sheet of ice. My neighbors on FB are going crazy try’in to figger out where thar kids are [stuck in school or stuck on a school bus] des ladies are burning up their FB page wit info/questions

Reminds me of snow jam 1982

Hotlanta weather is crazy. Monday I think it hit 56 degrees today it’s 15

Food –check, vodka-check, gasoline-check, fire wood-check, 4 wheel drive-check

Golf? Not very likely

Clint, I sho am glad I don’t have to put out hay fer de cows like I used to.

Mike, I hope ya can find a seat at de Awful House. De news says, people are sleeping there and Casa Depot after der cars either got stuck or run outa gas
Old January 29th, 2014, 04:26 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John, My deepest sympathies to you and yours for your loss.

Jamesbo, I can only imagine what yins are all dealing with. Its bad enough here when it snows 3 inches(and its supposed to). Hunker down and make sure that vodka doesn't go bad. as fer the wheels, they don't look very special to me. Just the run of the mill SSII's This guy sure seems proud of them.

Paul, Do they still have the 'After school special' on the tube? They were always some cheesy movie like 'Benji' or 'Return to witch mountain'.

Scot. That little thing is the bees knees. Not sure how you get into it tho. I did use the plow to scrape the driveway before I left. But I didn't use it at the shop. We keep getting these crappy little snows that are just enough to be a bother, but not enough to need to plow. I have a gravel lot at the shop and if I try not to scrape too close or all my crushed rock ends up in a pile by the parking stops. Usually it melts fast enough I don't mess with it unless its more than 4-5".

Sandy, hope you are feeling ok this morning. I took a pic of the wifes Amaryllis Flemenco Queen. Hope it brightens your day.

Allan 2

Have a humpday all.
Old January 29th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Well we're up to 5 degrees after a -2 start. God was it cold yesterday. In and out of those different hospital buildings and parking garages.... miserable.

The genetic place was interesting. They will study my blood and see what they find. I have to go back in march. I told the guy I cant worry about having a friggin hysterectomy too on top of all this other stress!! My God. Let me get through one thing!

Got the stitches out of the port places. That hurt. Got my lovely IV bags of cytoxen and taxotere. And saline solution in between them. They gave me the taxotere first. Put my feet on ice and also made ice gloves for my hands that I had to wear for that hour of that drug. Its to constrict the blood vessels to cut down on the chemo getting in them and causing neuropathy. Unfortunately the effects are cumlitive so the more of the drug I get the more its building up and will likely cause neuropthay. I know Brian has been dealing with it since 2008 from his chemo and its painful.... I don't want it! But ice and my Reynaulds syndrome with my hands.... man did that hurt! I also sucked on ice cubes throughout the infusion to hopefully not get mouth sores.

When she started the cytoxen I immediately got the headache and the runny nose sinus like symptoms that it gives you. I tasted the flush each time she flushed the port too. Yuck.

Had to go to Giant Eagle and get the anti nausea pill scripts filled after all that so it was going on 7 before we got home. Larry was grumpy yesterday. Kept telling me what a bad patient I am. I almost told him just to go sit in the waiting room.. . I'm sure he'd be all sweetness and light if he was going through this. Not!

I didn't eat anything all night. Just munched on some Triscuits. I remember 23 years ago when I woke up out of a sound sleep to go throw up the rest of the night.... so I was afraid to eat. I dozed on the couch some. Went to brush my teeth and man did the toothpaste taste like crap!!! So did the mouth rinse. Good old metal mouth kicking in.

I slept fitfully. Woke up at 5 am and pretty much just laid there. I'm drinking a lot of water to flush this cytoxen out. Its a big time bladder irritant.

Today I think I'm blessed to be feeling as good as I do. Metal mouth is still here so nothing tastes right. I have a little headache and face is warm. Eyes feel heavy. My hands are freezing. Stomach is noisy but feels ok. Took Zofran at 7 am. Will take it again at 3. They gave me another nausea pill but I'm not going to take it. Causes breathing and heart problems... don't need that! My heartbeat is very soft today. Not powerful like it usually is. I have to take my temp and call her if I get a fever of 100.5.

If I can just stay feeling as good as I do now, by Friday, I'll be thrilled! But I do know as the days go by symptoms usually get worse. We will see. I should be losing my hair within 14 days. That sucks big time.

John... I am so sorry to hear about Aunt Connie. I'm sure she is in a better place now and pain free and young again. I hope all goes well with Aunt Jean.

Clint... thanks for the pic! Very beautiful. I haven't bought one of those for a few years. Thank you!!!! I like flower pics.

Jamesbo... you make me laugh! Which is good lol. Hope you dont run out of rotten potatoes!!

I guess Houston shut down yesterday. Sleet and rain.
Well I gotta do something I guess. Its slow and quiet in here. Brian is stressed and the drama is going....

Have a good humpday all.
Old January 29th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone. Be back a little later. Pray for the people who are stuck in this mess. They are completely screwed. Not partially, completely.
Old January 29th, 2014, 11:15 AM

Clint, How do you get in the snow plow business. Does the city buy your plow or do you buy it and bill them fer hours spent plowing

Mike, Yep it's de global warming dat doing Hotlanta in. I've been driving round up here [Milton] pull'in people outa ditches all day. De jes parked cars and walked home.
Old January 29th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Cutlass Lover

You guys be careful out there! Marc said his coworkers there in Hotlanta started for home and ended up abandoning their cars and walked back to work last night and slept on the floor. Couldn't go anywhere. Guess Louisiana and the Carolina's got snow too. What a brutal winter this has been so far.
Old January 29th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Always room for one more

Okay howdy everyone.

I was in that mess all last night. Set off for work and got about a mile from my exit and everything stopped. Then everyone started driving on the shoulder and pretty soon it was as full as the lanes. Fast forward 15 hours and the National Guard showed up to help people get off the expressway. Never did make it to work, obviously. Lots of people were way worse off than me. I pray everyone did okay.

Oh, and today is the 17th anniversary of me moving to Atlanta. Holy Toledo. How can it be that long. When I moved here, it was warm. I started working at the Atlanta airport February 3, and we were in shirt sleeves. I thought, this can't be too bad. Little did I know.

Jamesbo I saw you on TV. The news showed someone in Milton on a golf cart towing a snow board down an icy road.

Sandy I totally missed the bit about the hysterectomy. Where did that come from? I agree that might be a bit much to worry about right now.

And I'm beat. And I haven't even done anything! Gonna get into my PJs and hit the sack. Yes at 630. Have a good evening everyone.
Old January 29th, 2014, 07:10 PM

Good evening everyone.

Still cold.

I hope everyone in the south is doing ok with all these storms. We've been having a rough time with it up here, and we are "prepared" for it.

Wow, that sounds real bad Mike and Jamesbo.

Sandy, hope you don't get worse during the week.

Clint, I don't know about the after school specials. I didn't watch TV. I tried to actually get something done.

Hope everyone has a good end of the week.
Old January 30th, 2014, 03:50 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Paul thats ok. I'm just reminiscing on my youth.

Mike happy anniversary. Prior to that you were in the windy city weren't you? They have spent most of their time in negative temps the past few weeks. Brutal. So notalwaysHotlanta is still a warmer option.

Jamesbo. My plow is only for personal use. I use it here at the house, at the shop and at the wifes store. The city , county, and state all has there own plows and drivers. (My fil plows fer the state.) There are many private contractors who go around and get contracts to plow parking lots and driveways for people. Thats why I originally picked up the blade for my Yota. We had a winter like this one, where we kept getting trivial amounts slightly over an inch. The SIL had a contract with a guy who would come plow the lot for anything measurable over an inch. We kept getting 2-3 piddly storms a week that was costing her $45 a pop.

Sandy, Hope you slept better last night. Just doesn't sound like much fun. I haven't slept worth a hoot recently. The past week has been nothing but bad terrifying nightmares. This stress is gonna do me in.

Have a Thursday all.
Old January 30th, 2014, 06:23 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili wit sum icey spots left on de roads

Did ch'all se our mayor on de Today Show?

Clint, Tanks, I may talk my new best shoping friend [Mike] to look fer a good used one owner snow plow fer me. Oughta insure, It'll never snow again

Having 4 wheel drive is kinda like hav'in a new puppy round ere. All de women love me.

Sandy, how ya do'in today, I'm think'in 'bout cha.

Welp, enjoy de day Olds friends
Old January 30th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Sunny and 15 right now. Might hit 40 by Saturday and some snow coming tonight. Wish I had my laptop... I took pics of those "snow rollers" in our yard the other day. Pretty cool!! Guess we had all conditions right for them to form.

I'm feeling a little on the queasy side this morning even though I took a pill at 7. I ate an English muffin this morning and had a little coffee. Took my vitamins. Right under my eyes,my cheekbones are still bright pink. Looks stupid. Still have metal mouth. I had a hard time falling asleep last night but i slept better.

I called yesterday and asked about the red face. Was told its a side effect of the decadron, which is a steroid. Hopefully it wont last much longer. Hands are still cold today but headache is gone.

I tried to nap yesterday at noon but Brian went out and got lunch and brought it back here. Between him typing and rattling food wrappers I didn't get much rest. Today he brought his lunch. Maybe I'll feel good enough to go walk and get out of this hot box.

I have to have Steve sign the FMLA paperwork that Dr rehmus filled out and get it down to Houston so I'll be covered for chemo.

Quiet in here again. Long morning so far......

Well you all have a good day.
Old January 30th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Set out this morning for the Awful house, don't know what was going on but I stayed there almost two hours. Then went to the Credit Union and came home. Roads are pretty much good today, still a few spots where it's always shaded.

Wish I had a dime for everyone who said to me, you could have made a lot of money with that deuce. Shoot, I could make money with the Silverado, but I had my own worries. I didn't see the mayor on TV but I'm certain he sounded just as dopey as he did in the news conferences.

Sandy where does the metal taste come from? Is there actually some sort of metal in the medicine? Maybe you could wear one of those metal-attracting bracelets. I wonder what happens to all the metal that collects when you take the bracelet off?

Jamesbo drive a couple states up and have a plow mounted on your pickup. "You could make a lot of money."

Clint I worked at O'Hare prior to Atlanta, but I didn't actually live in the city. I lived in Park Forest, which is about 30 miles from downtown. Yes I tell people I'm from Chicago because otherwise I'd hear, where is Park Forest, is it near Chicago? How's your friend doing with all the cheddars?

Well I guess I'll go shovel what snow is still around so it dries. The lake has ice on it still and it's almost 40.

Have a good one all.
Old January 30th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Always room for one more

Here you go Jamesbo

And it's cheeper than a plow truck and way more cool.

John Deere 450C - $12500 (carrollton)

John Deere 450C Dozer with six way blade. 1982 model with JD 9550 backhoe attachment, 60% U.C. 3300 actual hours. Tractor is in good condition.
$12500
Old January 30th, 2014, 10:53 AM

Mike,

Me thinks de good ole city mite not like what dem tracks do to the road way
Old January 30th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Always room for one more

Ya it's not like you could run/hide from anyone.

Just finished shoveling my neighbor's driveway. It's melting pretty good but this way it will dry as well and not just turn to ice tonight. So there's my winter amusement for this year.
Old January 30th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Captain Starfire

Howdy, folks....

Thanks so much for the condolences. So far, everything pretty much going as expected. I still haven't seen Aunt Jean in the hospital, but my two brothers have been seeing her daily. I've been ice-bound at home since Monday nite.... Today's my first day back at the salt mine.

All I can say about the Hotlanta fiasco is "Holy Ap-Cray!" Gov. Deal accepted responsibility for his part, but ol' Kasim Reed never took an iota of responsibility. Man, O man. That can't be good for his political future. He was blaming the weathercasters.

Anhoots, let me try and get caught up here so I can get back home eventually....

Y'all have a great rest o'Thursday, Oldsmobuds.
Old January 30th, 2014, 08:41 PM
GM Enthusiast

Well, been off here for a few days, a combination of work and my computer taking a dump. $85 dollars later, it seems to be working again. Damn viruses.

Before my computer went out, I bought The Walking Dead DVD set for the first three seasons. It arrived today so now I'm just catching up on the episodes I missed. Only another week until it comes back on tv. My wife used to make fun of me for watching it but now she's addicted.

It has snowed three more times here in the last week. They love salting the hell out of the roads here, so everyone's car is disgusting. I was sitting at a light yesterday and there was a 66 Chevy Kingswood wagon in mint condition next to me just covered in crap. Could not believe he was using it in this weather. Definitely ready for it to warm up here. Funny to see the pictures of 2 inches of snow down south and how everything comes to a hault. Hope no one down there got into any accidents.

Have a good night everone
Old January 31st, 2014, 03:55 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, Someone around here is cruising the highways in a rig like that. Evem when there aren't any highway rumble strips, I sometimes still feel where someone took a tracked vehicle for a joy ride.

Darrell, Was wondering where you been? Lookin forward to the new changes after the prison riot. Everyone was getting a little too settled in.

John, drive safe til it all thaws out.

Sandy. I'd like to see the snow rollers. Never heard of it. We were spose to have a snowpocalypse last night. They are still saying we're spose to get 6-10 inches by this morning and a couple more today and more tonight. So far we have almost 3". It's a real wet fine small flaked sleety snow. I have a feeling theres gonna be lots of wrecks on the roads this morning. If I had an order big enough for you guys Id give you a call. I only need 2 pieces of 3/8 plate. I need to give Den-col a call and get them ordered and sheared.

Jamesbo, maybe you should buy 2 of them. that way it may not snow next year either, with all this global warming stuff going on.
Have a Friday all. We have another Arenacross race tomorrow. so Not sure I'll be on this weekend.
Old January 31st, 2014, 05:50 AM

Mawn'in all

Gonna get warmer today. I think it’s caused by all the politico hot air and finger pointing.

I have a theory about why Hotlanta get’s these terrible snow jams.

Let’s look back to Monday when I was playing golf and de temps were in the mid 50’s.

Den de snow starts a few days later and de temps drop. IMO, the ground is so warm de fist snow melts immediately, Den de temps keep dropping and de snow keeps fall’in. What cha got den is a layer of ice covered with snow. An Impossible conditions. Anywho, dat’s my theory

I was watch’in Leno las nite when he had the section he calls Jaywalker’s. He goes out on de street and axs people question an sum of the answers had me roll’in in de aisle.

Leno, “Where do they speak Gaelic?”

Street bimbo, “ Err………….. San Francisco?”

Leno, “ What president was known as Tricky Dick?”

Street Bimbo, “Clinton?”

Sandy, How’s your day going?
Old January 31st, 2014, 06:10 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone.

Like Jamesbo said, warming up today. The sun is out now and it isn't too bad out. Rain's coming so it will keep getting warmer.

Clint good luck with your racing this weekend. Imagine what the streets of Europe must have looked like after the war and all those tanks driving over them.

Missed you Darrell. Ya too bad about the wagon. Maybe the guy's winter beater crapped out and it was the Kingswood or walk. Why is it that any computer issue always costs 80 bucks to fix? Must be some magic number.

I don't know, John, I'd say the mayor doesn't have much of a political future now. Where does one go after being mayor of a big city, senator? I know one group who wouldn't vote for him again.

Well it's Awful house and Petsmart this morning. This afternoon I might go to the local stone place and buy some stuff so I can build a stone wall in my living room. When I have the stove going the wall behind it gets pretty hot, even though it's the required amount of space from the wall. The rock wall will look nicer anyway.

Have you a good weekend.
Old January 31st, 2014, 07:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Cloudy but warmer here. We're actually above freezing right now at 33*. We have snow coming in then a wintry mix tomorrow and then rain. So it can freeze.....

I feel like crap again today. Different than yesterday but still crap. Tried to nap on my lounge chair in the bathroom at lunch yesterday. Went home and got on the couch and sipped ginger ale and munched oyster crackers and slept on and off all evening. I had Larry make me a grilled cheese around 8. It stayed down. This morning it was diarreah. Im still burping like a pig and worrying every time I do. Have oyster crackers right here beside me. Couldn't drink my coffee this morning. It didn't taste good. I ate some rice krispies. They seem to be ok.

I don't think I'm going to feel like shopping tonight. We'll see. I might try to walk at noon since its warmer. I cant just lay around and get weak. Gotta build up my strength. This just friggin sucks!!

Darrell... good to hear from you. Glad your wife got into TWD, lol. Its a good show. Cant wait for it to come back on.

Clint... I'll be on my laptop this weekend and will post pics of the snow rollers. Pretty cool things.

Ok eyes aren't focusing... talk to u later on.
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:36 AM

Sandy, Ya know when I play golf, I gets hungry Zo, I take along a small [6] sleave of
Ritz peanut butter crackers.

De bev cart only sells cheese peanutbutter crackers and those god aweful malt crackers. De make me sick as a dog.

Ya mite try different kinds of crackers. Jes MHO
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:45 AM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo maybe you can help me with something. When a funeral procession is going down the street, why does everyone pull over and stop? And they don't pull off the road so normal people can get through, they sort of half-*** pull over so no one can get through. I suppose it stems from the way back times when there was only a one lane dirt path that everyone was on, but geez louise a six lane highway?

Saw the Code Enforcement woman at the Awful house today. She's a nice lady. She says to me, I have to talk to you. I thought, here we go. She said, I want to plan a trip to Australia can I ask you some advice? I said sure stop in when you're in the neighborhood(which is all the time). How funny.

Nice and sunny and 40. Still ice on the lake.
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:03 AM

Mike,

A few years back I went to a funeral of one of my dear farmer friends up here in Roswell. [8 lane Roswell rd/ hwy 9] He was buried up here in a small church cemetery. Leaving Roswell NO One pulled over, the closer we got to the “country” [ 2 lane roads] the more people pulled over.

When I was a pup EVERYONE pulled over to show respect for the departed. That means “normal people “ aren’t spose to get thru.

IMHO people are in to big of a hurry to show any respect any more.

So pull over and quote John Bradford “There but for the grace of God go I “

I say it every time I see a homeless person. It helps me count my bleesings
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:27 PM
Always room for one more

Well okay Jamesbo, I didn't mean to offend you. It just seems weird to me. Pull over for the cop with the flashing lights(it's the law) and the hearse, but for the ten mile procession? Now, giving right-of-way is different.

I'll remember that quote.

Addendum: I went to my buddy Wikipedia to read up on John Bradford. It was on this day in 1555 that he was condemned to death and then spent the rest of his days in the Tower of London, until burned at the stake that July 1.

Last edited by slantflat; January 31st, 2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:42 PM

Mike, You didn't offend me. I admit to being an anachronism. Jes look at it as a short pause "in the days occupation"

Yes, It is wierd.but in a good way.

Years ago, I used to keep cows across my street in a field. When I moved them backand forth, people would stop their cars get out and help. Today, me and the cows would get run over by a series of soccer moms late to get their nails done.

Course,[ believe it or not.] My grammar school was about 1/4 block from the intersection of Piedmont and Peachtree. [downtown Buckhead]Kids in the 7th grade with a white shash and a cheap tin badge used to monitor the cross walk. [Safety Patrol] Today at that interrsection ya'd need at least an uzi.