The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2014, 12:09 PM
CQR

Ding ding ding. Yup. thats what rolled into the shop today. Way too much carb for this altitude.
Old January 13th, 2014, 09:08 PM
GM Enthusiast

Early worm. LOL. Was a nice day yesterday, 52 and sunny. Far cry from a few days ago. Almost got down all the Christmas decorations, I know, better late than never.

Clint/Jamesbo - pm's sent about the cholesterol nutraceutical.

Citicap - great job. I knew the engine but never would have guessed the car.

Clint - what size nailhead was that? Only nailhead I've ever seen with dual quad's was a 425.

Well, have a great day Oldsmofriends.
Old January 14th, 2014, 04:55 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, thanks for the info. I'll look it over. You would be correct. Thats a 425 from a 64 buick. It has a Muncie Rockcrusher and a overdrive, 53 chev front end and a 68 vette rear with 4 wheel independent suspension.

Sandy, Sounds like possibly a leaky injector. Run some good cleaner thru her if you haven't recently. (Like BG 44K) Also if that happens again, Its just like a carbed engine and if you put your throttle to the floor it will put the computer into a clear flood mode and shut off the injector spray while cranking.

I ended up with a 66 special vert to try to get running for my tow truck guy. looks like someone put the interior of a 75 towncar in it. It's hideous.

Have a great day all. A 39 Corvbuiford beckons.
Old January 14th, 2014, 05:02 AM

Mawn'in all

De cow is on de way out.

Man o man dat Pat's as sharp as de come. He pretends he's not interest in de Good Mawn'in Thread but like de Shadow. He knows. Corse he spent de majority of his youth in de back seat of a 39 Ford. Kinda suprised he rememberedd de grill.

Darrel, Tanks fer de info. It's muchly appreciated. Now can you tell me what to mix with my carot juice so it doesn't taste like carots.

Adrian, I rolled an MG convertible when I was a kid on a dirt road. When it stopped my head was in the road side ditch with the windshield flat as a pancake. Jes tell your bride drop tops are safe on a dirt road with a nice ditch.

Mike, I see de Awful House in my near future. Sum'in flug a crav'in on me.
Old January 14th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Well this is the 3rd time I've tried to post! I keep losing my post..... We have a little sun now after a dark cloudy start this morning, temps at 34. Snow possible tonight.

I am tired today. I didn't sleep good. I think it's my heart not pumping right and giving me enough oxygen. I can feel it flopping around and beating weird in there, lol. Probably all the stress I'm going through is catching up with me....

So Jean and I were on the phone last night about 3 hrs. filling out that genetic paperwork. We stopped when we got to the cousins, neices and nephews part.
They just want to know soooo much that we don't know! They want to know who had cancer, when they were diagnosed, what type, how old they were, how old they were when they died..... We're just guestimating at most of that cause we just can't remember!!!! I don't see how any of this will help me. It may help them figure out when the next attack of the genes is going to hit someone in the family I guess. So tonight I have to call her again and finish up. It's depressing as hell.

Clint... thanks for the tip! Can I get that cleaner at Wal Mart that you said? Or will something like Gumout work too?? I've never used the stuff. She's starting just fine now....

Did you all read that nice article that Ken - 442much- wrote in the Jan. issue of JWO about their trip? I enjoyed it. Looking forward to reading the rest of it in next months issue.

I have to call Dr. Rehmus' office and find out about my test results - they left a message at home yesterday.

Jamesbo.... that's funny!!

Well I better do something... you all have a good day!
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well. Called Rehmus' office. The girl said "well she actually wants to see you, I don't know what your numbers were". She knows things, she's just not allowed to say! So now I'm worried. Rehmus was also getting the results of my chest x-ray sent to her too, so who knows....... Man oh man I hate this. So I go see her on Thursday.
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:19 AM

Morning all, still no new edition the the family and Tink is due today

When bubs is born I am taking a month off work. Over here Mike they pay me $600 a week parental leave, that's it. That is no where near how much I earn a week just to get by so I have taken annual leave and I will apply for that joke of parental leave and if I get it then we get paid twice

Sounds like you had a close call with that Jamesbo. I even tried the old but it does has a roof just not all the time but still no go

Time to get the body to work, have a great day everyone,

Adrian
Old January 14th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Twas a beautiful day here, got up to about 60. Now it's going to get cold and stay cold again for a few days. Yuck.

Got the Saturn started last night. Put in my charged battery and it did exactly the same thing. Cranked slow until the battery went flat. Then I hooked up the jumper cables and let it set while I was talking to someone. After that it started, after coughing and popping and bucking.

Crap! Time to go already and the dogs still need to go out. Time sneaks up on a guy sometimes. Have a good night everyone.
Old January 14th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Unseasonably warm up here right now but I'll take it. Nicola boom boom is calling for a high today of around 40 and by Saturday maybe around 50. Woo hoo!

The new renters next door have showed their colors. Not even good enough to be called po white trash. Too bad.

Won the curling match on Sunday very handily. We stole points in every end but the last which was a blank. Felt sorry for the other team, but not enough to let them win.

Clint - There's a version of ice racing up here with cars and snow machines. You'd have a hoot because we don't care who wins, we care who has fun. Plus they drink a lot of beer afterwards...

Adrian - I guess you must be a new Dad again by now?? Never gets old does it?

Question: Can you get whiplash from typing at the puter too long???

Mike - What's wrong with the High Saturn? Our Low Saturn has been used only 2x in the last 3 weeks but it still starts. Just sits nice and comfy in the garage waiting for the wife to use it. LOL she did today. Went shopping and bought enough groceries for Graeme to survive for at least 3 weeks on his own. BTW, thanks for the info on the storage bins. I would have thought there would be some consistency; guess I was wrong.
Old January 14th, 2014, 04:29 PM

[QUOTE=Jamesbo;640787]De cow is on de way out.

Man o man dat Pat's as sharp as de come. He pretends he's not interest in de Good Mawn'in Thread but like de Shadow. He knows. Corse he spent de majority of his youth in de back seat of a 39 Ford. Kinda suprised he rememberedd de grill.

I know I'm just a stinking lurker. I'll be back soon

Adrian, I rolled an MG convertible when I was a kid on a dirt road. When it stopped my head was in the road side ditch with the windshield flat as a pancake. Jes tell your bride drop tops are safe on a dirt road with a nice ditch.

Did the same thing with a 49 ford only it had a roof. Three guys rolling around inside like peas in a bucket. One broken wrist. Youth, dumb and lucky
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:04 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Rained here today but at least it was about 50. Not much going on otherwise.

Clint/Jamesbo - let me know if you need any other information. This should definitely help!

Have a good night everyone.
Old January 15th, 2014, 03:41 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Gotta lot of work to do on the quads to get them ready for Fridays Arena Cross.

Have a hump day.
Old January 15th, 2014, 05:38 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili in de sunny south dis mawn'in

Sandy, I been going round and round wit doc's and have 'bout come to de conclusion dat a] They all think they're Dr. Gods. b] De got WAY too many expensive toys de have to pay fer c] They're all scared to death of being sued.

Pat, By far de car dat got rolled ed most when I was a pup was a VW bug.Lucky de gas tank was in de front and not on de roof.

Scot, What's up pal?

Adrian, Keep us posted

GTG Have a great day Olds friends
Old January 15th, 2014, 06:01 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

I beat Jamesbo??? Cloudy and dark here and cold again. Temps at 29 and they aren't supposed to move today. Cold coming back next week as we get to the coldest part of January. I'm soooo tired of 'below normal temps'. Heard that all last year.....

I drove the Intrigue this morning! She has missed me!!! What a great little car. She has over 120,000 miles on her now. Service engine light is still on cause she wants that air pump, but she ain't getting it!!! Runs good, the new brakes are nice, heat comes out good... I love that little car! Can't wait to restore her one day. Nicole better have Tincanio over at Don's at 10, and she better not clip the mirrors backing out of the garage! I'd hate to have to hurt her, lol.

Jean and I got the rest of that paperwork filled out last night. Good God! So now I have to mail it or email it over to them, and they will call me to go over it. They might as well talk to Jean, cause I don't know jack schitt and Jean barely remembers a lot of it.

I'm leaving here at noon I guess, since it's my lunch hour. My appt. is at 2:30, so Larry and I should be able to stop and grab a burger or something for lunch on the way. I hate all that traffic over there at the Rt. 8, 77 split. Glad he's driving.

Adrian.... do we have a baby yet???

Where's Scot been??? Yooooo Hoooooo...

Citcapp... glad you're still lurking, lol.

Well I better do something, so I'll talk to you later on.
Old January 15th, 2014, 07:01 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good mawnin all

A bit cool here and gonna get colder when this other cold front moves through this evening.

I'm here guys, and all is well. I guess I've been lurking like Pat here lately.

Happy humpday all
Old January 15th, 2014, 10:18 AM

She jes thinks she beat me.
Old January 15th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Humpin' everyone.

Hi and goodbye. My Mom called me when I first woke up and talked for 30 minutes, so I'm 30 minutes behind. The dogs are out now and I'm just now ready for work. This getting up and 4 and having to be gone at 6 is for the birds. But I like getting off work at 7 in the morning.

Gonna be cold tonight, in fact it's going to be less than 50 the rest of the week and weekend. I don't think we're supposed to get rain.

Sandy hope you got some good news at the dr today.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old January 16th, 2014, 04:09 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Headed back out to the garage to get scoots ready for tomorrow.

Have a day.
Old January 16th, 2014, 04:21 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili down ere

De said yesterday was de "old" [meaning smaller] moon. I guess dats de opposiite of de "New" Moon.

Anywho, things were downright crazy round de ole cemetery yesterday. never had so many calls in one day.

Welp GTG Olds friends

Hope today is calmer
Old January 16th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cold this morning, 19 degrees, but the sun is out. Snow possible later this afternoon.

Not lookin forward to going and seeing Dr. Rehmus later. My insides are like jello.... I think if I lose any more weight from all the stress and nerves, I'm gonna have to buy all new clothes.

Saw the plastic surgeon yesterday. I was right--- he wanted to do the procedure that I don't want done. So he said I should talk to another surgeon in their practice who does the DIEP flap surgery. So I have an appt. to see this guy on the 31st. They also gave me some surgeons names for the mastectomies, cause Dr. Smith won't be able to do them. So I have to research more now.... I'm soooo tired. I came back to work yesterday afternoon for 45 minutes, lol. At least that shows I'm trying...

I emailed the genetic paperwork off to that nurse lady yesterday. Hope she got it. I haven't heard from her.

Nicole got Tincanio's oil changed yesterday. She is happy now, lol.

Jamesbo.... I saw that your post beat mine when I posted yesterday, lol. You were running late! Marc is in Hotlanta today -- don't know how long he'll be there. Told him to take TWD tour, lol. I'm sure he won't since he's there on business.

Well I'm gonna try to concentrate on something, so I'll talk to you all later. Have a good day!!
Old January 16th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Captain Starfire

Hi, folks... hope all had a happity humpity yesterday.

28* at the Plantation this morning, but 40 by the time I got to the salt mine on the South Shore.

Busy at work these days, and peripheral (i.e., "real") issues keepin' me hummin'.

Sorry you have to resume the search, Sandy. I know you and your Jello will hang in there ;-)

Hope you have a better day at the grave, Jamesbo.

I go for my followup periodontist vist tomorrow and am almost looking forward to it ;-)

Y'all have a great resto' Thursday, Oldsmobuds.
Old January 16th, 2014, 10:32 AM

Morning all, still no new edition to the family yet As long as it doesn't happen tomorrow I don't care, it's my brothers birthday tomorrow and I can't stand that @sshole.

Went to the wreakers yesterday after work and got some exhaust pipe so I can rebuild the Morris exhaust. Only cost me $20 for everything I need and it came with bends in it or $20 for 1 meter of straight pipe new

Hope you have some luck with the searching Sandy.

TGIF, Time to get this body to work, have a good day oldsmomates,

Adrian
Old January 16th, 2014, 11:04 AM

Adrian, When's she's spose to download?
Old January 16th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Beautiful day here. But cold as a mother. I got up earlier than I thought I would but not as early as I would have liked. Guess I'll just putz around this afternoon and hit the Awful house for supper. If I run a couple errands tonight it frees up more of my day tomorrow.

One thing I'm going to do is go out and look at the trim tag on my green Cutlass. There's a pretty good debate going on about what the "Z" means on some cars' trim tags. I never figured the interior of my car to be anything special but I pulled out the broadcast card and lo and behold there is the Z in the special box. So now I'm gonna go make sure it's on the tag.

Adrian isn't she a couple days past due already? Hope everything is okay.

John good luck tomorrow with the mouth doc. I need to go to the dentist, it's been, well, it's been awhile. I'm not having any trouble so it's easy not to make the appointment.

Sandy good luck with the continuing research. Imagine if you were trying to do this in the age of no internet. You'd be at your desk with volume upon volume of encyclopedias piled all around you and you'd have to wear librarian glasses.

We used to have a restaurant by my house called the New Moon restaurant. Chinese food. When I was a kid we'd call them up just to hear them answer. Newd Moon! To adolescents that was pretty funny.

Well I guess I'll do something. One more then the weekend. Maybe I'll really whoop it up.
Old January 16th, 2014, 12:12 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Hey All

A might chilly here in da dirty ole south

Mike could you email a copy of that broadcast card to my email addy? There may be something there... Yep that thread is the new found interest of the world wide C/O
Old January 16th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Always room for one more

Scot I don't have your email. Give me a little bit to figure out how to get the image to you, I don't have a scanner.

I guess I could go out and look for a card in the convertible. I'm guessing it's long gone, that car has been apart and back, and if my suspicions about the missing body tag are correct, the card would be done away with as well.
Old January 16th, 2014, 12:59 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Ah okay but if ya figure it out it's scot1BLUE@windstream.net (remove BLUE)
Old January 16th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Always room for one more

That's you? I got something earlier today but it just had a bunch of little black Xed boxes. I may be on to something, stay tuned.

Just found out a guy I knew died a few days ago. Not a very likable fellow but he was into Oldsmobiles so we had some good discussions. He had a bunch of stuff sitting around including a couple project cars. If I could get ahold of his exwife I'd offer to help liquidate that stuff, because judging from what he said about his other car friends, they'd either rip her off or not know anything about the stuff. They are Chevy guys. Nothing wrong with Chevy's, but it isn't a secret dedicated Chevy guys don't always know much about Oldsmobiles.

Got a good fire going in the stove. The firewood has dried out at least, so it will be toasty in the house tonight. Low of 20 something I'm guessing.

Old January 16th, 2014, 07:52 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Did not get on here last night, fell asleep before 9. Guess I was worn out from sitting in traffic for a couple of hours. Always fun around here with that.

Have to get a new phone tomorrow. Any advice on carriers? I have Verizon with talk, text, etc and they are nailing me every month for 170 for two lines. Was going to compare different carriers at Best Buy. Anyone have thoughts on AT&T, Metro PCS, T-Mobile - quality, download speed and price?

Sandy - I hope you got good news tonight, please let us know what he said when you get a chance.

Adrian - I'm sure your wife's ready to go, just got to get the little one to agree too. My first one didn't want to come out. Wife had a C-section and the first three times they tried to pull her out, she just squirmed back in. Smart girl.

Mike - did you figure out what was wrong with the Saturn? Bad battery cables, corrosion, or slow starter?

Well, have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old January 16th, 2014, 09:40 PM

I might be gettin' old! I had a doc. appt today at 11:00, I have another appt. next week with a different doc., well for today's appt. I went the office of the doc that I have an appt. with next week, of course they pointed that out my appt. was next week, to which I replied "I gotta go!" of course on the other side of town, and I was 15 minutes late, and after waiting for an elderly couple at the receptionist window, I told them of my mistake, to which they replied "we'll see if she (the P.A.) will see you", Dang. Well, she said o.k. and five minutes later I was in the examination room. (Sandy don't read this part) Damn was the P.A. HOT!! Of course 25 years younger than me, so it's a moot point.
Old January 17th, 2014, 03:50 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone Happy Friday.

Headed towards 50 today and to celebrate I'm going to have a burn pile.

Darrell the Saturn's malady was a discharged battery. Charged it up and helped it with jumper cables, and it fired up. I had remarked to a guy that it's too bad a fuel injection car keeps dumping fuel into an already flooded engine and I blamed that partially for my trouble, then Clint comes on and says to hold the pedal to the floor like on a carb and that tells the computer to stop pumping fuel. Good to know, now. Anyway, the car is a 96 and probably could use a new starter, new battery cables, new, new, new... I plan a complete rebuild in the next 8000 miles. Of course that could be years.

Dan my sister flies up to Chicago for work quite a bit and early one morning she rushed to get to the airport to fly home, only to find she was at the wrong airport. She said the agents were very nice about it, I didn't tell her that they mocked her mercilessly after she left. Though I'm pretty sure that happens more than you'd think.

Funny thing this data tag thread. I haven't paid much attention to my car in a long time, but after getting out the broadcast card and actually looking at the car, I've learned something even after 29 years. Now I want to get back into working on the car. Hm, what can I knock out of the priority list.

Well it's off to Awful house, then Walmart and the bank. If I can get the burn pile going by noon I'll be happy.

Have a great day everyone and hope you're planning a fun weekend.
Old January 17th, 2014, 04:50 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Well, got everything mostly ready. Except for the pilots. I don't know why we do AX races. We are no good at them. He's a pic of the partial track we are racing on tonight.

Mike, I'll have to look into that thread to see what all the hubbub is all about.

Jamesbo, Tell me is winter always busier than summer in your biz? Seems like people around here are checking out left and right.

Sandy, I hope things ease up on you a bit.

Adrian, Take her for a jog.

Dan, Isn't that the way it goes? I was at the urologist the day before my wedding, and the assistant was finer than frogs hair.

Gotta go.

Have a day all.
Old January 17th, 2014, 05:05 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili an clear but spose to warm up later in de day.

Clint, It's wierd. I have no idear when de phone is gona ring. If I sit ere all day play'in pocket pool nutt'in happens, if I go to town [like I did Tuesday to have lunch with sum friends.] I get an emergency call.

De phone rings every Friday when I walk into de door of de mountain house.

Drives me nutso but when a family needs help ya gotta be there.
Old January 17th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cold here with a few flurries around but the sun is out some. Snow coming in around rush hour they're saying. Not much but enough to make it tricky. Supposed to be cold next week and really cold the week after.

Well.... my visit with Dr. Rehmus yesterday sucked. According to the tissue test she got back, my recurrence chances are high (no surprise there) so she wants to start chemo quick. Like starting on the 28th. I am just so pissed off!!!! I'm back to having Triple Negative again, after she told me it wasn't, 3 weeks ago. I asked her JUST WHAT THE HELL DO I HAVE?????? And all she could say was breast cancer. God they mess with a person's head so friggin much! You know, these tests are only as good as the info put in to their computer - if someone puts in something with a decimal place off, it changes the outcome of the test. The doctors just read what is printed for them by a tech. I have no friggin faith in any of their reports or their tests. Anyhow, I am MAD!!!! It is not fair that I have to go through this **** twice already. It's not fair that I'm the one who evidently has the gene that mutates. I'm so mad at mom and my whole friggin family right now. I know it doesn't do me any good to be so mad, but I am.

Larry says "well you beat it once, you came through everything just fine last time", well yes I did, but you know what helped besides the fact that I was 23 years younger and in better health?? I didn't feel like a cancer patient because I didn't look like one. I could look in the mirror and still see a pretty girl with HAIR!!! I wasn't bald and sick and colorless. This time, my hair will fall out which is gonna be traumatic as hell.... I've had my hair for 55 years. I'm gonna look like a sick cancer patient and I don't want that..... God it's just not right.

So anyhow.... I have to go next Tuesday to the heart center at Akron General and have a port put in to my right arm for the chemo. Don't know why she isn't having it put into the chest or shoulder. My right arm is my only good arm, so I'm hoping I don't lose the use of it. Guess I'll ask the people putting in the stupid port. Then I have to go to "Chemo Class"! I asked her if she was kidding? Chemo class? Give me a break. Something new to make money off of I guess. We used to get booklets about chemo. This ought to be interesting......

She's giving me 2 killer drugs this time around. I don't like the sound of the one at all. I took the other one before. I will get them every 3 weeks, it will last 3-1/2 hours a treatment. I have them set up for Tuesday afternoons, so hopefully I can still do my regular cruise ins on the other nights. Trying to think ahead. Hopefully these treatments won't knock me on my butt. Last time, when I'd get all 3 drugs at once, I'd come home and lay on the couch for the next 3 days. I was just so tired and run down, like I had the flu. All I could do was lay there. I'm gonna be out of paid time in no time at all. This just sucks.

I just wanted to get my friggin surgery now, like I was told I could do, and worry about chemo later like I was told I could do. Now, she's all concerned and in a rush. GOD THIS SUCKS!!!!!! I canceled the 2 appts. I had coming up with plastic surgeons. So I guess I start chemo on the 28th. I have that stupid genetic testing that morning. If it wasn't for Nicole I'd cancel that whole friggin thing. I have cancer and all my relatives are dead. I don't need to know anything more. I have to go back and see Dr. Rehmus again on Feb. 7th to have my blood checked and see how I'm doing on the chemo. Hopefully those drugs will agree with me and I won't have any problems that require me to have to see her or call and scream at her before that!

I have a week to change my attitude, I guess. I sure hope I can do it. I asked her about chemo and being out in the sun with Teepo. I told her she's not taking that away from me too. It's the only thing I look forward to. She said my chances of burning are going to be increased with the drugs, wear long sleeves. I said yeah, right. I'm just soooo messed up right now.

So I have a bunch of crap coming up in the next weeks. Monday morning I have to go see my heart doc and talk to him about the drugs she wants to give me and see what he says about it all. None of it is good for the heart. I'd sure like to hear something good! Like "Hey Sandy..... after you go through all this you will never have to do it again"!! That would be nice to hear. But I know it's impossible to say.

I gotta get my positive attitude back.....

So on to better subjects.... Steve is off today and Brian was out until 10 min. ago so Clay and I had a nice quiet enjoyable morning. It's busier this morning than it's been for awhile. I like that! I stay busier when one of them is off.

Well I will take my foul self off of here now since I'm not pleasant! Thanks for listening..... You all have a good Friday.
Old January 17th, 2014, 11:25 AM

I’m all ears Sandy.

I’ve been go’in round and round wit a few doctors gods myself. ”Fax me this, bring me this, go get this checked out here” only it all gets lost. There is sooooo much data floating round NO ONE has time to keep track of it much less time to read it.

IMHO the whole medical profession [including vets] is FUBAR
Old January 17th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Cutlass Lover

I love you guys!
Old January 17th, 2014, 08:16 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Almost felt like spring today, in the 40's and sunny. Nice day for working and visiting my customers. At least I wasn't getting soaked like I did most of the other days this week.

Roads are pretty clean here so hopefully I'll get the Cutlass out tomorrow for a spin.

Sandy - Sorry to hear that they keep going back in forth with the diagnosis. Keep your chin up. They put my mother through the radiation and chemo for her triple negative cancer and she's doing fine now. Yes she lost her hair too but it came back. 3 years and still cancer free, which is obviously the most important thing.

Clint - looks like you're going to have some fun tonight.

Scot - how goes the job search? Any good leads?

Watching the Australian Open now, only 72 there today, was 108 yesterday. Can't imagine hanging outside when it's that hot let along playing tennis.

Old January 18th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Always room for one more

Wow 10:15 and I still get the worm? Must have been one heck of a night!

Got back from the Awful house and Walmart. I didn't go yesterday but needed a few things today. Got some oil for the Saturn, so when it warms up this afternoon I'll change it.

Got a good burn pile going yesterday but the wind picked up so I had to end early. Did get a few things trimmed instead and some raking done.

Cold right now but the sun is out, gonna be 40s today. When the hell is it going to warm up a little!

Might go to that guy's funeral today. Better yet, the visitation is an hour before, I could go to that and get home early. Actually I think a few people from the Awful house are going.

Well I better do something. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
Old January 18th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all... 'twas 25* here at the Planatation dis mawnin'... mite chilly, I mus say. But it's beautiful, and spose to get well into the 50s today.

Took the Vette to N.O. yesterday to see Aunt Connie. Ran as sweet as sugar, as usual. Listened to a Basia CD on the way back; great combo: Basia (London, Warsaw, New York) + Vette ride. Can't classify that lady as anything but "pop," but what sweet pop it is.

Sandy, I'm so sorry this is all so screwey for you now; as essentially Jamesbo said, vent, vent, vent! We're all here. I just know that we're all gonna' be meeting in Hotlanta or somewhere else in the near future and you'll be looking back at the whole thing through your own thick bangs again. Keep working on that attitude adjustment .. let's all keep seeking all the help from above we can possibly summon up....

Bought a huge, heavy (mostly 'cause of particle board) quartz heater w/ digital thermostat at Sam's yesterday for $100. Ran it in the bedroom last night and it makes a little too much racket to really sleep soundly thru. It was supposedly $140 a month ago and they're closing 'em out. Of course, it ain't exactly manufactured in Des Moines, IA .... Thought about returning it, but I think I can use it in the office. I've been trying to use space heaters to keep the central heating (and thus, the electric bill) down... I guess we could just pay another hundred a month and just have the whole house toasty. But I have too much of my thrifty Dad in me... , who had just about all his parents' Depression-era outlook hardwired into him...

I still have (and use every winter) a small, 800w Lakewood radiant space heater I bought at Walmart for about $15 in 1984 that works like a champ. Mfg'd in Chicago - for real. Of course, that was before Wally World bacame a world-dominant superpower, and most things were still made here. As hard as it is to fathom today, there really was a time when Sam Walton's establishments were a lot of fun to go to... Heck, I felt like that about K-Mart in the Seventies.

Perio visit went swimmingly yesterday. Gradually getting back to eating on that side of my mouth, and caring for it a little more actively myself. (Still ain't spose to floss there.) Funny part is as soon as it heals adequately and I'm back on "stringy meats," it'll be time for Part Deux.

Whelpt, let me get busy... better half will be returning from her Weight Watchers meeting this morning (she's a facilitator). Gotta at least look like I'm being semi-productive.

Have a fine weekend, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 18th, 2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old January 18th, 2014, 09:40 AM

Chili in de mountains dis mawn'in. Drug de trailer up ere to finally load up de lift.

Think, I'll build a fire an do nutt'in