The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2020, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Siding complete Now

paint, next paint the straight panels, add sofits/,facia, the batton, trim and doors
James - That is super sharp! You're going to love having that!
Old October 5th, 2020, 10:57 PM

I started using Maguire's over four decades ago. When I worked at Chris Craft, we had the paste wax in a tin, and used it as a release agent on the molds for the boat hulls. I was curious about it, then I went to car show where some guy had some to use on his show car. I asked him how he liked it, got a positive response, and have been using it ever since
Old October 6th, 2020, 01:37 AM

Thanks Chris, Now comes the hard part

. Making it look like it;s been there since 1926
Old October 6th, 2020, 05:29 AM

Thanks Chris, Now comes the hard part

. Making it look like it;s been there since 1926
James - Do you belong to a Home Owner's Association that has a regulation that all new structures must look "period correct" with the character of the other houses/structures around the lake? Or, do you personally just want it to fit in more?

I think I've mentioned that over the past few weeks my wife's been busy refinishing a solid oak dining set that our neighbor's were just going to throw out because their young children had scratched up the table top and chairs. The entire set was originally a very dark mahogany color and you couldn't really see any of the natural wood grain, except where the scratches were. My wife's not done yet, she still needs to put another coat of farmhouse white on the chair backs, frames, and table legs, and put a polyurethane sealer on the chair seats and table top, but it's going to look absolutely beautiful when she's done. The woman's definitely "got skills".

James, maybe you could contract her to come down and "antique" your boathouse. I can guarantee you wouldn't be disappointed in the workmanship. Then again, you probably couldn't afford her . . . LoL!!!

Old October 6th, 2020, 05:31 AM

Chris, The problemo is it isn't wood siding, it's Hardi board
Old October 6th, 2020, 05:56 AM

Chris, The problemo is it isn't wood siding, it's Hardi board
Gotcha, but it's still got to be painted right? There are a combination of techniques and paints that could be applied to make it look more "vintage" right from the get-go.
Old October 6th, 2020, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Gotcha, but it's still got to be painted right? There are a combination of techniques and paints that could be applied to make it look more "vintage" right from the get-go.
That;s the plan

Old October 6th, 2020, 07:12 AM

Good morning guys,
Still pretty chilly here this morning, but it's supposed to warm up nicely this afternoon. I failed to mention it was darn right cold yesterday morning at 32, with a light frost. Way too cold, way too early for here. I'm hoping it's not a precursor to the kind of winter we're going to have.

I have to put my accountant hat on today, several bills coming due in the near term.. Somehow our 6-month policy renewal on our regular autos, my Hagerty policy, and our Homeowner's policy all come due at the end of this month.. It's a hard month on the bank account!

Well I hope everyone has a great day, and Norm wanted me to say good morning from him, so I'm passing on his well wishes!
Old October 6th, 2020, 01:51 PM

Hey guys,

Northern white beans and ham in the crock pot for dinner, and mamma's making a big pan of cornbread to go with it. One of my favorites!

Old October 6th, 2020, 02:17 PM

My invitation must be lost in the mail
Old October 6th, 2020, 02:26 PM

Speaking of Northern white beans, I have been thinking of making a pot of white chili. We'll see.
Old October 6th, 2020, 02:40 PM

My invitation must be lost in the mail
Come on up anytime, you have an open invitation, and a room with your name on it. We'll even leave the light on for ya!
Old October 6th, 2020, 03:07 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Just finished some meatloaf. I know we talked about it the other day. My Mom also made some corn casserole and that is the perfect side. You just can't beat it.

Stayed at my desk today. The other guy came in, don't know why he canceled his vacation, but he was in inspection and I didn't even talk to him.

Took my pickup to a place today for the wheel bearing. It's getting louder and louder. Wasn't sure where to take it but a friend of mine recommended this place. They seemed decent. Hope it isn't too expensive, but whatever is wrong it needs to be fixed.

Jamesbo the boathouse looks awesome. I don't know why you have to faux-weather it, it will weather on its own soon enough.

I don't know why cornbread always makes me think of Jerry Clower.

Beautiful evening out. My sister called me at work today and said she heard I was going to visit down there this weekend, and I might want to rethink my plans. She said Pensacola was right in the middle of the "cone of uncertainty." Uh, what's that? They don't know for sure where it will hit. I said, I'll keep an eye on it and let you know what I'm gonna do.

Well, that's three. First Mac Davis died, then Helen Reddy(she might have actually been first) and now Eddie Van Halen. That one stings a little. I was never a big Van Halen fan but they were their biggest right when I was growing up. I hate to see things like this. I guess he'd been sick for awhile.

Chris Norm sent me a message and when I went to reply it said he had chosen not to get replies. He's got my phone number in his email tell him to give me a call if he wants.

Okay! Gonna clean up in the kitchen a little bit then relax before bed. Hope everyone is ready for Hump Day. Have a good evening everyone.

Old October 6th, 2020, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone,

Chris Norm sent me a message and when I went to reply it said he had chosen not to get replies. He's got my phone number in his email tell him to give me a call if he wants.
Mike - I am not an expert on the workings of this site, but I'm pretty sure you can't send a message back to Norm right now because he's been banned for a few days. It isn't because he has chosen "not to get replies" from you, or anyone else. I will let him know you tried to respond back to him, and that he can call if he needs something.
Old October 6th, 2020, 03:49 PM

If ya look way back, the second post in the "New Good morning thread. You'll see where our dear friend Pat [Cittcap] accidently deleted the original

He used to make white chili often. And of course, Col mentioned he was glad Pat wasn't in charge of rocket launches

I miss both of them
Old October 6th, 2020, 03:59 PM

The post dinner drowsiness has hit us all!

Old October 6th, 2020, 04:16 PM
Always room for one more

Chris I figured that was the case, but those are the exact words that the message said. Eh, who knows. I'm lucky to get this thing to turn on much less navigate around it!

Once I went to the beginning of the New Good Morning thread and read through every message. There are people who just vanished as well as people we knew their eventual outcome. Like Wolfy. I think he departed abruptly and never said why, although I remember him having severe back problems. And Don from South Carolina, he was really, really old and just quit showing up. Others have come for a short time, or once, and that was it. And others were around a long time and decided to stop showing up for whatever reasons. Scot. Clint. Blue Vista.

Okay bedtime.

Old October 7th, 2020, 03:23 AM

Happy camel day olds friends [Beat the $hit out of Lawrence Welk doesn't it?
Old October 7th, 2020, 08:55 AM

Anna one anna two. Yes it does.
Old October 7th, 2020, 01:42 PM

Thought I was gonna have ta bury the Massey Ferguson 135 today/ I was doing sum bush hogging and. Hit something that knocked the oill filter out of it's gasket to spew enough oil to the danger point before I realized it.

Got a new filter and replaced almost all the oil and believe it or not, she cracked right back u[p

Whew, I was afraid I had some lower end damage, pretty tuff machine [fingers crossed]

Old October 7th, 2020, 02:41 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Boy I'm wacked. The place called and said the pickup was done so I thought, what the heck, I'll go over to the shop and then walk to the place. It's only a mile or so. Well, it was about 3 miles, and along a busy highway. Had to walk in the grass most of the time because most of the cars were line huggers and they would have taken off my arm. Don't think I'll do that again. It wasn't as much as I thought it would be, about 550. Might use them again some time.

Jamesbo the lake used to have a 135. It was a big piece of junk, but kept running. Plenty of people who had no business running a tractor abused it for decades. We also had a Ford 4500 endloader/backhoe. I had permission to use these machines at my house sometimes. After I got run off the HOA board the broad that became president after me sold both of them, "because they were ugly." I said, you are one dumb b*tch. She didn't like me and that's how she kept me from using them. After she left the lake spent I don't know how much on a Kubota garden tractor, some huge thing that they couldn't pay for. I'm sure it's paid off by now but holy cow, for what it cost they could have completely overhauled both the old ones.

Work was good. Reduced number and we finished around 1. Tomorrow is my last day for the week, then I head to Florida. Last I heard the storm is going to hit around the Texas/ Louisiana border. We should be good in the Florida panhandle.

Time for some dinner. I tell you I could just go to bed. The counter thing on the phone says I walked 7600 steps today. Shoot that's about three times normal. Maybe I should do that more often.

Have a good evening everyone.

Old October 7th, 2020, 04:54 PM

Hi everyone.

Boy I'm wacked. The place called and said the pickup was done so I thought, what the heck, I'll go over to the shop and then walk to the place.

Have a good evening everyone.
Hey Mike - Just curious, what ended up being wrong with your truck, I didn't see where you ever told us?
Old October 7th, 2020, 05:01 PM

Thought I was gonna have ta bury the Massey Ferguson 135 today/ I was doing sum bush hogging and. Hit something that knocked the oill filter out of it's gasket to spew enough oil to the danger point before I realized it.

Got a new filter and replaced almost all the oil and believe it or not, she cracked right back u[p

Whew, I was afraid I had some lower end damage, pretty tuff machine [fingers crossed]

James - Brother, you had a guardian angel looking after you today. Glad you noticed what was happening when you did!
Old October 7th, 2020, 05:55 PM
Always room for one more

So just as I was getting ready for bed, an hour ago, a friend of mine calls and wants to talk. That's okay, sleep is overrated.

The truck had a bad left front wheel bearing. It's made noise for years. I've taken it on long trips, towed countless times, a little noise never hurt anyone. But last time I had it out I could feel it in the steering wheel. Guy said today the only thing holding things together was the CV joint. He replaced the hub assembly and all is well. I'm not always the smartest, it was a disaster waiting to happen. It needed to be fixed before I tow a car down to Florida next month.

It still needs back brakes, the parking brake redone, an exhaust leak up near the manifold, and a bunch of little things. I don't use it near as much as I used to, so I have a little time. I can tell you this much I'd be lost without it.

NOW it's time for bed. It's about time for my friend in Alabama to start texting me, so the phone goes off. Good night everyone.

Old October 7th, 2020, 09:58 PM

Jamesbo, that's a clean tractor. Where's the oil filter located, down low?
Old October 8th, 2020, 01:55 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jamesbo, that's a clean tractor. Where's the oil filter located, down low?

yes, Opposite side down low. Didn't see it squirting from around the gasket. I really thought I had done her in, I'm gonna bush hog more today ,fingers crossed. I need to get ready to drill in some fescue seeds and want the horse pasture as clean as possible

Sorry, that's a stock pic, I wish mine was that clean, but there are some for show and some for go ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mine is the later

Have a great day Olds friends

Can't wait until next Wednesday
Old October 8th, 2020, 05:33 AM

Good morning Olds friends,

James - You've peaked my curiosity, what do you have going on next Wednesday?

My riding buddy and his wife, and my wife and I went for our couples ride yesterday. The weather was absolutely perfect. There were bright blue skies all day, and the temp was about 64 when we started out at 0915, and about 84 when we got home at 1600. We rode out to that Onondaga Cave State Park. There is a camping/picnic area there down by the Meramec River that runs through the park and we found a picnic table in the shade and had a nice lunch. Since my wife did not have to drive, she was the designated photographer yesterday, and I'm still waiting for her to send me a few of her best pics before I can post any.

I have to finish cleaning the bike this morning, and then start in on finishing getting the car ready for the show on Saturday. Right now I'm hoping they still have it, yesterday the rain chance for Saturday was pushed up to 30%, when it had been 0% earlier in the week, guess we'll see?

Hope everyone has a great and productive day!
Old October 8th, 2020, 07:40 AM

Chris, It's hump day so I thought I might post another pic

Food Friday so y'all need to name some other days

Bush hogged the south 40 early dis mawn'in The old Massey Ferguson is better than a Timex watch. "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking"
Old October 8th, 2020, 08:18 AM

Chris, It's hump day so I thought I might post another pic

Food Friday so y'all need to name some other days

Bush hogged the south 40 early dis mawn'in The old Massey Ferguson is better than a Timex watch. "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking"
James - I'm with ya now, keep on humpin, or was that truckin???
Old October 8th, 2020, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
James - I'm with ya now, keep on humpin, or was that truckin???

It's alot of werk spending hours and hours look-in fer the right camel part pic for my Olds friends but somebody's gotta do it
Old October 8th, 2020, 03:01 PM

It's alot of werk spending hours and hours look-in fer the right camel part pic for my Olds friends but somebody's gotta do it
Amen brother, you're a camel part visionary!
Old October 8th, 2020, 03:42 PM

Happy camel day olds friends [Beat the $hit out of Lawrence Welk doesn't it?
Nice
Fan of the itty bitty titte committee

Also a fan of your new boat house James. Enjoy

Last edited by otto72; October 8th, 2020 at 03:49 PM. Reason: extra
Old October 8th, 2020, 04:00 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Work was okay, and now I'm done for the week. Next week it will be inspection.

Been working on the Saturn since I got home. I've got well over 8 hours into it and have achieved ZERO success. I've used every tool I can think of, and nothing is working. At least I haven't lost either of the new grommets. Yet. I think I'll put out a plea for help here, even though Oldsmobile didn't have a version of this car, I've often found people are helpful here, unlike the Saturn forum. Two hundred plus views and one reply, which was not helpful.

Beautiful here. Still have to go to bed early because my dentist appointment in the morning is at 0640. Have you ever heard of anything quite so ridiculous? It will get me going to Florida earlier than I would have, that's why I took the appointment.

Okay gotta find something to stop all this bleeding on my arm. Sharp edges under the hood. Have a good evening everyone.

Old October 8th, 2020, 04:10 PM
Old School Olds

James, the girl and the waterfall would be just fine sir! I can't find her anywhere.....
Old October 8th, 2020, 04:36 PM

Good evening guys,
Here are a few pics of our ride yesterday. Hope you enjoy the scenery!

Old October 8th, 2020, 05:18 PM

Chris- Thanks for sharing the road trip pictures. Good memories made to be sure.

Keith
Old October 8th, 2020, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by otto72
Chris- Thanks for sharing the road trip pictures. Good memories made to be sure.

Keith
Thanks Keith. From our house which is about 25-miles directly south of St. Louis, we rode all backroads about 90-miles southwest to Onondaga Cave State Park.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; October 8th, 2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old October 8th, 2020, 09:04 PM

Last I heard the storm is going to hit around the Texas/ Louisiana border. We should be good in the Florida panhandle.
Yeah, all of my and my wife's families in SW LA are evacuating again. The streets are still lined with piles of debris from Laura that haven't been picked up yet, and all that stuff is gonna get blown around again by this storm. Dang, they just got the electricity and water turned back on and new they have to evacuate again.
Old October 9th, 2020, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by tru-blue 442
James, the girl and the waterfall would be just fine sir! I can't find her anywhere.....
So sorry, rules are rules and it's Food Friday Maybe we should have "Waterfall Wednesday"

Old October 9th, 2020, 07:51 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Jamesbo that looks like it should be my lunch. Unfortunately, I think McDonalds is going to be my lunch.

My dentist appointment was for 640 this morning. No one was there. They opened a few minutes late and I checked in and waited almost an hour. The guy came in for 5 minutes. I was fuming the whole time I was waiting. They jerked me around for days to get my procedure done, and now they say, oh we'll make an appointment for a cleaning. I said, no thanks. Then she says, we have an opening today at 1230. I said no. Then she says, how about Saturday? I said, you have Saturday appointments and it cost me 400 bucks to come in this morning? I left. My head was about to explode.

Anyway, went to the Awful house and saw some friends and hung out with them a couple hours. One guy's car broke down(for the last time) on his way in so we were waiting on a rollback. Now I'm going to pack up and hit the road for Florida.

Kenneth I hate that your people are evacuating again. I hope things aren't as bad this time. I keep thinking I want to move to N.O. but I'd live north of the lake. Not sure that would be out of harm's way or not. I'd probably be the guy having to watch the airplanes when a storm came through.

Chris those are beautiful pictures. You don't see scenery like that in the city that's for sure.

Well better git to gittin' . I should be half way there already. Eh, I don't mind, I don't get to see those guys very often and it was fun jawing with them. Might check in over the weekend, hope everyone is doing well.