The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2013, 11:17 AM

It flunked de load test. I got a Delco phoney bologana cover at de lake I had on the H/O. I'm gonna bring it back and buy a battery to fit de cover on Monday.

Donny said, "It's possible dat a couple battery plates hit each utter and dats what made it quit on de Super model [and brother in law] Ever heared of such a thing?
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM
CQR

Possible but not probable. It died on them and then wouldn't start, correct? I can see a shorted cell causing a slow crank (slow enough not to start) but not usually a cause for a stall.
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:43 AM
"Car"mudgeon

That's something I've never heard of Jamesbo, but like Clint said it's possible I guess Didcha also get the alternator checked out as well? The old screw driver to the backside or take a battery cable off the battery whilst it's a runnin' is a couple ways if you don't have a meter.
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:43 AM

Clint, Thanks, I have a hard time understanding wtf she says some times.

Scot, Alternator is putting out good.

Main problem is I've got too many frigg'in batteries.

Boat 2
Gator 1
Tractor 1 [Heavy Mother]
Vista 1
drop top 1
4 x 4 truck 1
Burban 1
Trailblazer 1

Not to mention mowers/ mulchers etc.
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:53 AM
"Car"mudgeon

I know whatcha mean, and them suckers ain't cheap anymore. Even the lawn mower batteries are getting outrageous.
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Tanks, Dat's jes what I need sum'in dat eats.

De "Y" in my heater hose on de burban is cracked. Why do I have a "Y" in de first place? Fer de rear heater to keep Red warm I guess.

Geeze Louise de mor stuff de put on des cars de mo de tear up.

There are actually 2 of them there..
a "Y" and a "T"
I have had to replace both of mine..
the second went about a year after the first..

I would rather fix that than what is going on with my suburban.

it is currently at the Dealership trying to find out why I can't tighten up a spark plug in 1 hole..
2 plugs same story in the same spot. Plug threads look just fine..
it is also running very lousy.. and I have a deffinate miss.

yes this is in my NEW to me engine..
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:01 PM

Yep, I know de "T" went TU right after de rad develped a pin hole in de middle of de mountains. I love both my Cheby trucks but de cool''in system seems to be de weak link.

Oddly enough, When no.1 step son borrowed my truck a few months ago [big mistake] He called me an axed me why it was run'in hot. I told him to turn th SOB off an get sum one to look at it. [He's a collge grad put still try'in to figure out how to order checks]

Anywho, He got sum shade tree down in Newnan whar he lives to " fix it" Now the thing is running cold. 150 or so. It [and de Burban] ALLWAYS stay right @ 190 for as long as I've owned them.
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:03 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Sounds like he took the thermostat out or knocked the center out of it.
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:04 PM

well. the Dealer called
they installed an AC Delco plug and it tightened up fine. and the threads are OK on the Head.. (good news for that I guess) but there is still a misfire - they are saying that the fuel pressure regulator has failed and is dumping too much gas into the intake. and it needs to be replaced. I am already @ $200 so far and they want another $300 to replace the regulator.

Does anyone know an easy way to test the regulator ?

Last edited by crzyjef; June 5th, 2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Sounds like he took the thermostat out or knocked the center out of it.
Thanks, That's what I was think'in. Sum ain't right.

"Like sands thru the hour glass.......so are de days of our lives"

Might take a look at it tomorrow. I'm on a roll. I try'in to see if I can get everything I own runn'in fer 1 frigg'in day.
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:18 PM
CQR

Originally Posted by crzyjef
well. the Dealer called
they installed an AC Delco plug and it tightened up fine. and the threads are OK on the Head.. (good news for that I guess) but there is still a misfire - they are saying that the fuel pressure regulator has failed and is dumping too much gas into the intake. and it needs to be replaced. I am already @ $200 so far and they want another $3 to replace the regulator.

Does anyone know an easy way to test the regulator ?
A fuel psi test will show a bad regulator. If its leaking into the intake the pressure will drop after shut off. if its pushing 75 psi, that will also show its bad.
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Cutlass Lover

I'm sooo happy for you Scot! I can't wait to read the article. I've thought about submitting Teepo, but I don't really know what to say, lol.
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:12 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Sandy I am stoked You could write about all of Teepo's many awards and plaques
Old June 5th, 2013, 03:41 PM
NOVICE car nut

Ok , question time ..... Is the rear bumper on my 72 CS some kind of ground for the tailight assemblies and the other lights back there ? I took my bumper off to do some work on it , along with replacing the tailight assembly on one side because of a bad bulb socket . After wiring the replacement on , I turned the ignition on and lights to see if this solved my parking light / blinker issue , and now neither brake light , parking light , and turn signal works on the back . When I turn the blinker on , it just stays lit on the instrument panel , and nothing lights up on the bumper .
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:32 PM
GM Enthusiast

So ecstatic my car is going to be featured in next months issue of "Journey With The Olds"
Congrats Scot! You'll have to post the article so we can all see it.
Old June 6th, 2013, 03:57 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Way to go Scot. Can't wait to see it.

Bryan, I can't tell from your pictures how many wires go to each bulb socket. If you have 3 wires to each socket then the lights are not grounded thru the bumper, if there are only 2 wires going to the sockets, then yes, it is grounded thru the housing then thru the bumper.

Good luck with the burb Jamesbo. Hope you get somethin runnin'. remember that mule can keep the grass down in the cemetery . Good lookin animal if you ask me. and cheap too. They want $1500-$2000 for a ridable mule around here.

Well, I need to get to work early and get one of Bandimeres Camaros going this morning. They need it for grudge racing today. Its a 2000 Z28 with a hard 15K miles on it. Thats about 7500 miles of Wide open throttle down the dragstrip. they put the knock sensors under the intake manifold, and then they went and put the motor under the cowl. What a PITA. have to do most of it by feel.

Have a great day all.
Old June 6th, 2013, 04:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp de ole cow came late yesterday and we had a gully washer. Gotta go check fer settl'in on de graves dat were perfect yesterday.

Clint, A few years back a friend of mine brought "John" dis white mule over to stay for a few months. Jes fer de fun of it we used to plant corn with a cole planter and use a gee wiz betwix de rows. Dat's almost like real werk. Ya always seem to run outa seeds and or fertilizer at de wrong end of de row. Gee Haw

Talk 'bout pricy mules, Ever look at de price of a matched pair?

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I've thought about submitting Teepo, but I don't really know what to say, lol.
Sandy, You could right a lengthly article about the temps in your office [and such]

Scot, Ya needs to quit right'in and start think'in 'bout build'in an ark.

Mike, I might think 'bout pospon'in my trip to Savanah.

How did we get so much techno talk on dis thread. Sum times, I feel like a dislectic grammar school drop out in a Minsa group. Y'all sure know your stuff.

Have a great day Olds friends [and such]
Old June 6th, 2013, 05:59 AM

James, did you get your suburban back together..

I will trade you work to be done if not..
That is easy work...

I had to take off the intake Manifold to replace the fuel pressure regulator on mine.. What a royal PAIN.
Old June 6th, 2013, 06:03 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
Congrats Scot! You'll have to post the article so we can all see it.
Will do Darrell

Originally Posted by CQR
Way to go Scot. Can't wait to see it.
Me either, I am busting at the seams.
Scot, Ya needs to quit right'in and start think'in 'bout build'in an ark.
No doubt Jamesbo, the bad thing is that the middle daughter is in Orlando right now but should be heading this way soon. By the way what is a gee wiz?
Old June 6th, 2013, 06:12 AM

Good Mawnin All By the way what is a gee wiz?

Dis is a lousey pic wit extra crap but it's what cha run betwix de corn rows when de corn is up to get rid of weeds and/or till in side dress fertilizer
Old June 6th, 2013, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by crzyjef
James, did you get your suburban back together..
Did Rose Kennedy own a black dress?

Have fun wit yours................. Wanta borrow my drywall mud bucket?
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:15 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by CQR
Bryan, I can't tell from your pictures how many wires go to each bulb socket. If you have 3 wires to each socket then the lights are not grounded thru the bumper, if there are only 2 wires going to the sockets, then yes, it is grounded thru the housing then thru the bumper.
Thanks . Yes each light bulb only has two wires . I'm going to hammer away on my bumper today to straighten it out hopefully .

The other day at work , we had a customer breakdown , so I stayed late to ship a drive to them in FL . They had to charter a flight , and the drive was going to be the only thing on the plane . The cost was $19000 to ship it there . I just can't see how it could be that much .... Maybe Mike can shed some light on this .
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Cutlass Lover

Late morning All!

We have had the rain since last night sometime. All morning it's been raining. Temps around 63 right now and it's humid as heck again.

Been a crazy morning around here with Steve's stuff. Problems.... I like it though, cause it keeps me busy and makes the day go fast. Brian was already stressed out when he came in, lol....

Nicole is going to head to Cedar Point today with her friends. The weather isn't as crappy there, it's better to the west of us. I told her to take dry clothes and shoes and leave in the car just in case.....

It was a nice night at Chic Fil A last night. Lots of cars! Nicole and Matt rode with me. Bob came by from the body shop, but he didn't have his Olds. So we talked a while. He said he's just busier than heck at work and it would be a couple weeks before he could even think about getting the Intrigue in. Nicole's friend said he will pay for it even if he has to use his credit card. I really don't care how he pays for it, I want it done. I can't even wash the poor thing. I'm afraid water will get in from that sprung back door. And the car needs cleaned and detailed bad!!! I told Bob to call me when it looks like he can get it in.

I need Nicole to take it to Defer too and have the rotors checked. The dammed thing shakes like crazy when ya step on the brakes. One or more of the rotors are out of round or something. Larry said he machined them when he put on the brake pads back in Oct. or Nov. I don't know, it's done it ever since. My poor little Olds.....

Guess I have to go out for lunch today or eat in Tincanio. Brian brought his lunch and I don't want to sit in here listening to him whine and type through my lunch hour.

Well you all have a great day, and such!
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:51 AM

In memory of their sacrifices on June 6th this maniquin still hangs from the steeple in St. Mere Eglese.
Old June 6th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone Happy Thursday.

Had such a good time in Tybee yesterday. Of course it rained like a mother here while I was gone and my girl clawed a huge hole in the wall in her room. Time for more plywood. My brother and his family are well, my one nephew is 13 and already over 6ft tall and has size 14 feet.

So Sandy it's 1:00 what did you end up doing for lunch. You should eat sardines or something and sit right in front of your fan, so the smell goes over to Brian.

Jamesbo that's interesting about that church, I'd never heard that. Wikipedia didn't say when they actually put the mannequin up there. You're full of interesting things these days.

Bryan what kind of plane was the charter? Even the smallest plane at Delta costs something like 500,000 to charter. I'm guessing it was a King Air or similar, and planes are expensive to operate. The pilot gets paid a lot, the fuel costs a lot, and things break on planes all the time and they are expensive to fix.

So I'm at the Awful house this morning. I left the dogs loose in the house because it was actually looking kind of clear, and my plan was to go to Walmart afterward. Well it starts raining while I was eating, so I left and tried to rush home, being behind every slow moving driver in Henry County, only to get there and find it hadn't rained and the dogs were sleeping.

Scot I hope I can find a copy of your story when it comes out. I don't get JWO so I'll have to beg, borrow, or steal. Always nice to see yourself in print.

Dan the car doesn't have a cowl tag. I don't know why anyone would take it off, other than they wanted to paint underneath it, they changed something on the body and didn't want anyone to know, or they needed it for another car they were faking. Why fake one Supreme for another? I'll see if I can get some pictures posted that I got from the owner. You know I always have such an easy time posting picture.

Well it's raining now so it will be play inside all day. Hope everyone is having a good day and I'll check you all later.
Old June 6th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well the rain stopped for an hour or so. There was a real fine light rain at lunch time. It's just yucky dampish muggy out there. I might have to turn the AC back on at home tonight depending on how wet it feels in the house.

Glad you had a nice visit, Mike. I bit the bullet, and stayed in here and ate my lunch. Then I got my trusty umbrella and went out and walked. Sardines in front of the fan, lol! That was funny!!

I think Bellacino's is still planning on the cruise tonight, I'm not going unless the roads are dry, and I don't think that's gonna happen. We'll see.

Ok, gotta sort some more of Steve's filing now. TTYL!
Old June 6th, 2013, 05:15 PM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by slantflat
Had such a good time in Tybee yesterday. Of course it rained like a mother here while I was gone and my girl clawed a huge hole in the wall in her room. Time for more plywood.
I left the dogs loose in the house because it was actually looking kind of clear, and my plan was to go to Walmart afterward. Well it starts raining while I was eating, so I left and tried to rush home, being behind every slow moving driver in Henry County, only to get there and find it hadn't rained and the dogs were sleeping.
Man , maybe you should just take them everywhere you go from now on

Bryan what kind of plane was the charter? Even the smallest plane at Delta costs something like 500,000 to charter. I'm guessing it was a King Air or similar, and planes are expensive to operate. The pilot gets paid a lot, the fuel costs a lot, and things break on planes all the time and they are expensive to fix.
I guess I'm in the wrong buisness . I'm not sure which plane they conjured up , because the sales guy set this one up . All I know is I about crapped my pants when I seen the total charge on the transaction slip .
Old June 6th, 2013, 11:02 PM
NOVICE car nut

Here's one for ya . This guys Mustang got thrown into a tree during last weeks tornados down south and still runs .

Last edited by oldsguybry; June 6th, 2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old June 7th, 2013, 04:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice but spose to get mo wet stuff de say

1 ringy dingy .........2 ringy dingy,......... 3 ringy dingy
"The voice mail box of the customer you are call'in hasn't been set up."

CRAP How am I spose to communicate wit # 1 step son if he won't do de basics.

Zo, I call #1 steps sons GF and say, " Have him call me, I need to ax him sum'in bout de truck when he borrowed it.."

Fast forward 5 hours.

"Hey, What's up?"

"Is this deer camera in my truck yours?'

"Yeah, but it's broken, But I need it. BTW I'm gonna send cha dat $183.00 I owe ya fer tex'in"

" Well ya can add anutter 75 to de 183 bucks. Did you ever order any check?"

"No"

"Why not go to the bank and ax dem for sum counter checks or get a bank check?"

"What's a counter check?"

"Where's the Travel bar that I left in the truck?"

"What's a Travel bar?"

"It looks like a type writer case but it holds liquor"

"What's a type writer?"

"Never mind"

I betcha a dime to a dounut de shade tree who "fixed" de over heat'in in de truck by yank'in out de thermostat got it.
Old June 7th, 2013, 05:03 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin All

Looks like the torpical strom has left the building After raining on us since lunch time yesterday, it finally quit early this morning. Thank goodness we didn't get any real bad winds or lightning out of it.

Wow Jamesbo, sounds like a very informative conversation
Old June 7th, 2013, 05:35 AM
CQR

That made my eyes bleed.

Happy Friday all. have a great weekend
Old June 7th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Captain Starfire

Sure missed a lot yesterday....

Happy Friday to the Oldsmofriends Anudder warm & muggy one in da' swamp. Hit a little shower on the way in, and it looks like a day of spotty showers on & off (40%). Thank God Andrea pitched east; sure didn't need that over here. Sorry about all them tornados, you folks in FL and into GA.

Gee, I miss one measley day and all kinds of excitement going on here on the board....

Scot, belated congrats! I think my JWO subscription is officially lapsed, unfortunately. I couldn't see supporting that dysfunctional bunch anymore. However, it may be a case of cutting my nose to spite my face. Can you scan and post it when it comes out?

Jamesbo, what would be the repercussions of "just saying no" when asked to borrey yer equipment/truck/nail-clipper in the future? I'd have to draw a line, myself ... but then, I can be a mean SOB in the face of someone else's utter disregard to my property or mental health.... even if it's thru ignorance.
Nice but spose to get mo wet stuff de say
"Hey, What's up?"
"What's a counter check?"
"What's a Travel bar?"
"What's a type writer?"

I betcha a dime to a dounut de shade tree who "fixed" de over heat'in in de truck by yank'in out de thermostat got it.
Glad you had a nice visit, Mike . I'll be in IL soon for my (wife's) nephew's wedding. Haven't been there in 10 or 15 years. It will be good to see Mom-in-law, anyway, since I haven't seen her in about 8-10 yrs, since she stopped flying down to see us every year.

They're almost finished a new Awful House on the same street as my work (Elysian Fields Ave.). It's the first new one within N.O. city limits I recall since God-knows-when.

As far as the batteries, I'm a firm believer in "Tenders." They're a slight inconvenience and cost a few bucks, but the money and misery they save in the long haul make them well worth it.... I have one on every battery in my fleet except our two "daily" drivers. The Vette still has the original batt., and it's going on 10 yrs. I even put one on my mower.

Hopefully things will stay dry long enough for me to run the ol' Deere a few laps around the yard this weekend. Y'all have a great one....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 7th, 2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old June 7th, 2013, 06:38 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
Scot, belated congrats! I think my JWO subscription is officially lapsed, unfortunately. I couldn't see supporting that dysfunctional bunch anymore. However, it may be a case of cutting my nose to spite my face. Can you scan and post it when it comes out?
Sure thing John Will do for sure I may do just that myself if they cannot straighten things out soon. Shame too because I have one heck of a collection of the JWO from the late '70's to present with a few missing of course.
Old June 7th, 2013, 07:03 AM
"Car"mudgeon

I would like to ask those of you who aren't Facebook friends with me to vote for me here
http://fan.powerblocktv.com/entry/2700692 it would be greatly appreciated. And if you would like to friend me on Facebook, I am here at https://www.facebook.com/ScotHardman?ref=tn_tnmn

Thanks guys
Old June 7th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another cloudy wet muggy day here. Fine misty rain coming down now. Hard stuff is over. Supposed to be decent Sunday for the BOP.......

There's a show over at Quaker Steak and Lube tomorrow, put on by the Chosen Few Corvette club. Don't know if I'll go or not. I went last year and they gave out garage clocks as awards, lol. I gotta think about it.

Nicole is heading to Sandusky today for Cedar Point and this anime convention thing that is tomorrow. Her and Matt are going. I guess Matt is moving to his dad's house, so he won't be down the road anymore. She brought him over last night for a while. He is such a nice polite young man. Smart too. I've never seen him have his cell phone out and be texting on it all the time like most of the youngsters do. He ate supper with us last night then she took him to his dad's. I guess his mother is bi-polar and also a drunk. She says some pretty mean and terrible things to him. It's sad. He was telling us about it, and I feel really bad for him. He's scared of her, so he's moving. He said his sister hasn't talked to their mom in like 3 years....

Busy morning here today. I like it!! Clay is going to be out making sales calls in the Illinois/Iowa area all next week, so Brian will still be stressed. No chance to catch up in between people being out. Awwww....

The landlord is here with an HVAC guy checking out the unit. Of course Brian went outside to talk to them, so God only knows what we will end up with. He asked them to look at this thermostat in Clay's office too. I'll probably really roast from here on out, lol. Who knows??

I just realized that the 21st is what, like 2 weeks away? Summer officially begins, and we start losing minutes after that. It hasn't even seemed like summer thus far. Cold, cold and more cold. It's only in the 50's here now. I sure hope we have some hot weather in July. This is gonna be the shortest 'summer' I can remember.

Jamesbo.... you crack me up, lol!

Have a great Friday all!
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:58 AM

I dunno Scot I saw another Olds and an Olds engine to vote on! O.K. you got my vote.
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:28 AM

Scot, Cha got my vote

John, I dunno but I think de time has come. Scary part is he's a college grad.
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
I dunno Scot I saw another Olds and an Olds engine to vote on! O.K. you got my vote.
Thanks Dan If I had that Olds, I would keep it Olds and not put a Chebby 383 in it. But that is just me. Being my coupe already has a Chebby engine in it, well you know
Scot, Cha got my vote
Thanks Jamesbo
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:43 AM

Well it took a while but

Finally happened
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:52 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Hu's on 1st? Wait I thought "What" was on 1st? Oh nevermind