The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Hot and sticky here, chances of storms all this week. Supposed to be 90 today.

It's quiet in here without Clay.

I don't know what happened to the pic I posted?? It was there last night, lol. I saw it! I hate this new photobucket.

I picked a tick off of Dude last month. It wasn't in him, it was just crawling on his fur. I put it on the sidewalk and sprayed it with clear paint since I had the can in my hand, lol. I watched it suffocate. We used to get them on us when we were kids, and we'd pick em off and smother them with fingernail polish, lol. Dude is always out prowling in the tall grasses around here.

I saw that friggin groundhog last night!!! I thought it was dead or gone. I haven't seen it at all this year until last night. It better not be trying to dig under the fence to get to my garden. Do they eat mater plants that would be sticking out through the fence?? I'd hate to have to get the Glock out.......

Our database just locked up. Don't know what's goin on in Houston? The IT dept. just had to change everyone's passwords and do some work down there because they fired an IT guy, and he was privy to all the company's information. Not good!!!

Well you all have a good day! I'm gonna try to repost my pic.....

Attachment 169772
Old June 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everybody.

Boy are we getting a downpour right now. I thought it was supposed to hold off until around midnight, but that just shows how much the weather channel knows. I think it's going to rain off and on all week, how nice.

Clint my dogs pick up a tick maybe a couple times a summer. Same for me. I live in the woods so it surprises me that they aren't more prevalent. I was told the Comfortis didn't do anything for ticks, that I'd have to buy collars (at 12 bucks apiece). Well I did that one time, and my boy got a tick about a week after I put them on. I tried to get my money back because clearly it didn't work, but they said, oh, we don't think the manufacturer will give you your money back. I absolutely hate the vet I go to. The owner is a thieving bastard who is only interested in separating you from your money. My dogs actually get good care(not from him) but if there were a decent alternative anywhere close by I'd sure go there instead. Too bad too, when I had my other dog they were terrific.

Sandy what is that NOT on the front of Teepo? I don't think she could be any cleaner.

Friday tonight. Plenty to do over my weekend, but this time I'm staying here. I like being away but it doesn't get anything done around here. I need to rent a 10-year old.

Well enjoy the evening everyone.
Old June 24th, 2013, 07:26 PM

Good evening everyone.

Not on long tonite. Keeping real busy lately trying to get the Cutlass finished. Basically work, Cutlass and sleep.

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old June 25th, 2013, 05:02 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day in Dixie

Sandy, I'm wit mike WTH is de "NOT" on de front of Teepo?

Played pretty good yesterday 42/43. Got home and picked squash and dug new taters. I'm gonna roll sum of de small ones ['bout marble size] 'round in a skillet wit buttter.

Gotta go to de stow and get me a ham steak fer Supper.Wish my green beans would hurry up.

Yelp Daylties wast'in

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old June 25th, 2013, 06:14 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Jamesbo. Is a good score the same no matter what course you play on? In other words, are all courses built with a certain numbers of strokes for par? Say a par score of 95? Sorry, I've only tried to play once and I was in 4th grade.

Paul, glad to hear you're busy.

Mike, have a good weekend.

Sandy, sounds like to need to take some lessons from Bill Murray.

Happy Tuesday all.
Old June 25th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Hazy/cloudy here, muggy as heck, temps around 76 degrees now. We might be getting some rain today.... who knows? Larry's brother in Iowa said they're flooding there.

I went over to the Riverfront last night. Great night to be out amongst the cars. I really wanted to win the 50/50..... half the pot was $507!!! Coulda used that, lol. I was surprised there were open spaces over there. I got by the fountain as usual.

The NOT on Teepo is a magnet I lay on there.... it says NOT in huge letters and then in small letters across the NOT it says "made in China" One of my car show guys gave that to me last year, lol. It gets a lot of great comments, lol.

Well Nicole has her interview today at 2:00.... all of you say a prayer that she aces the interview and gets the job!! Then we'll pray that she keeps it, lol.

It was nice to see her when I got home from work. I didn't get to talk long cause I was leaving for the Riverfront. She called me when I was over there and said she got the lecture from Larry about how she's unemployable, her life is going down hill, she hasn't done anything with her life since she graduated 3 years ago, yadda yadda yadda. Same shi*, different day. He hurts her heart with his words.... of course his kids are angels! His daughter had twins at age of 21, un married of course, and she lived with him then with her mother, on welfare of course, didn't work for a good many years... but man is Nicole a bad person!!!! We won't even talk about his precious son....... it makes me mad, but I keep my mouth shut. It's a wonder I haven't bitten my tongue clear off by now, lol.

Anyhow.... Jamesbo.... Whatever that plant is that is growing in my lily bed, it has huge leaves that have like jagger thorn things on the underside of them, and it has 10 blooms on it! I gotta take a pic of it and post it so you can tell me if it's a squash or something, lol. 3 of the blooms are big and orange? It must gonna be doing something soon, lol. I don't remember putting any gouards over there with the pumpkins last fall, but I might have. I think it's kinda cool whatever it is, lol.

Paul.... nice to hear from you!

That's funny Clint!

Well I reckon I'll talk to ya later on. Have a good day!!
Old June 25th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Captain Starfire

Howdy, Oldsmofriends.

Good to be back. Hopefully got all the weddings for a while out of the way . My friend's daughter's wedding on 6/15 was one of the best ones I've ever attended, and unfortunately, our nephew's wedding in IL on Saturday was -- without question -- one of the worst . I'm not going into all the details, as it would take pages. But here's the Cliff's Notes version: The wedding and reception were at the same place. We got there at 2 p.m. and left at 9:30! Absolutely unbelievable was the complete lack of regard for the guests. The "lucky" couple did their thing -- on no apparrent schedule whatsoever -- and let us linger and care for ourselves most of the afternoon. If it hadn't been my wife's family, I (and she) would have left early on with no qualms at all. But we had to gut it out to the bitter end. And par for the course, it was a sit down meal that made A&G seem like Morton's or Ruth's Chris. Potato buds and water, canned green beans, and some sort of chicken slab. Wow.... OK. It was great to see the better half's family -- hadn't been up there in way longer than I care to admit. But I'll be going up more when work ends, Good Lord willing. OK. Done with the wedding.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for the wiffey, Mike. I didn't get her a present yet, so I have that at the top of my "Johnny Do" list today. Glad you had a good trip to see Mom. And I like that "shade w/ no shade." I think we all get the message .

Clint, I guess we all have to quell our political opinions fairly regularly in this day & age. I'm of a different political persuasion from most of better half's family, so I had a lot of practice over the weekend. We usually manage to find common ground, but I do a lot more biting of the tongue than her siblings do. I figure it's best to try and keep the peace.

I picked up a tick myself last year trudging through our woods and didn't know what the thing was. I thought I had developed some kind of skin tag . But it was on my arm, thank goodness, and I got it before it got grape sized. I'm sure there are quite a few around here with all the animals (pigs, deer, opossum, raccoons, squirrels, mice, etc., etc., etc.) roaming around.

Sandy, one day you're gonna need to compile a list of players in the Digital Life of Sandy.... I can't keep track. (I can't even remember the names of our own posters.) And congrats on that 2nd place. You're gonna' need a new room just for Teepo's trophies. I hope Nicole nails the interview and takes the job.

Well, y'all have a great Tuesday. Really looking forward to the break for the 4th. Hope to head for the hills for at least a few days. Might be the last time as a working stiff....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 25th, 2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:18 AM

it has huge leaves that have like jagger thorn things on the underside of
them
Hmmm, sounds like that sheep eating plant that was in the news last week, ya might want to take percautions:0 Yesterday at work we had a young Bald Eagle on the edge of the drive to our plant, we are back in the woods a little bit, but very unusual to see an eaglet on the ground, he stood in one place for about 20 minutes, then crossed the drive, and bounded into the woods, never attempting to fly. Someone at the shop called an animal rescue service (I believe that we have one that is raptor specific), and they did come and get him...and reported back that he was dehydrated and malnourished. They have a good rep. for rehabbing birds.
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:22 AM

Clint, Most golf courses are par 72 [36 front/36 back nine] some are par 70's
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:38 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon Mawnin People

Well I believe we have had some sort of rain/storm 6 out of the last 7 days with today being no exception. Looks like we may get wet again this afternoon

Mike I did not know that about comfortis, I could've swore it repelled or even killed ticks as well. Deer ticks are terrible out here, but so are mosquitoes and occasionally gnats depending on the wind direction. I guess with all of the different flea stuff I have tried on my pups, it's easy to confuse what it is they all do. But above all I will have to say that confortis works better than anything else I've tried on them for fleas. There was also a topical liquid that was good for fleas, ticks and mosquitoes that worked well too. I believe it was frontline plus or something like that.

Dan that is cool about the eaglet I have always loved watching birds of prey. When I lived in Dalton, GA for a spell, there was a bald eagle nest on top of the foot hill/mountain we lived on. Man that nest was huge But down here in good ole Perry, GA all we have is mostly red tailed hawks, owls and an occasional peregrine falcon.

Jamesbo did you ever wonder where the saying "Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise" came from?

The original use of the phrase "Good Lord willing and the Creeks don't rise" was from a statesman in the early days of America, and didn't refer to water, but to native American Indians from the Creek tribe here in GA.
The statesman, at the time in deep South GA, had been summoned to another location, DC, IIRC, and his reply indicated his concern for a rumored Creek Indian uprising hindering his arrival in a timely manner.

Cool stuff right there.
Old June 25th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well we have a thunderboomer coming through right now, strong winds and hard rain. Nicole stopped by on her way from her interview. She said it went well, she thought. The lady is to let her know in about 2 weeks. I sure hope she gets the job... she said it's kinda like a 'floater' job. Wherever you're needed, you work. Keep your fingers crossed!!
Old June 25th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Nice day today, but this afternoon had some showers and now we're getting thunder. The sun is still out so I hope it doesn't last.

Sandy I'm glad the interview went well. That's actually a pretty good place to start, being the floater. Good opportunity to learn a lot of things quickly.

Clint how's the wife's arm these days?

A few years ago our dam was in danger of being taken down, so we were frantically trying to find ways to keep that from happening. Someone said they saw a bald eagle flying around and had a nest somewhere in the woods. So we were all excited because the State wouldn't do away with a lake where a bald eagle lived. Turned out it was a Golden Eagle, which isn't protected. Also turns out the dam was spared and we still have our lake.

John I haven't been up to IL for over a year. I miss being amongst my own kind. Glad you had a good time in spite of the odd wedding.

Not much else, maybe I'll make some waves somewhere this week while I'm off. Gotta take the Fiat in for service tomorrow, that should get things moving.
Old June 26th, 2013, 03:48 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, thanks for askin. She seems to be healing well. the cast comes off on monday, and they will take a few more x-rays as well. Then shes spose to have a splint for 2 more weeks. Where in Il are you from Mike? My A/P buddy whos boss was killed is looking to change jobs. Hes not happy with how the plane and crew is being used. I guess its down in Fl. for a pre-purchase inspection. It would be nice if his interview with this new company goes well.

Speaking of him, He is interested in that little mustang I posted on FB and the owner agreed to sell it, so now I find out he hasn't talked with his missus about it.So, not sure if I have to deliver a ferd to the windy city or not.

Scot, I plasterd your wall with that 1000HP NSX that made it 2 turns in practice at the peak. The guy lost some eyebrows and part of his goatee, but fared much better than his Acura Here is an onboard from last year.

Sandy, Here's hoping Nicole gets the position.

Jamesbo, I figured they had to have some sort of standard. Otherwise you could tell someone you shot a 74 at such and such a course and that person wouldn't have a clue, unless they had played there.

John, The older I get, the harder it seems to be to bite down on that tongue and I'm not sure if it has more to do with the fact that those family members don't seem to make much difference in my life or not.

Happy hump day all.
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:32 AM

Mawn'in all

Happy Hump'in day

Cloudy wit a chance of shower on an off

Anybody besides me like to play Spyder Solataire?

Clint, Glad "She" [who must be obeyed] is on de mend

Dat Mustang was right in my era. Worst thing about dem was de center of de back seat.

Sandy, I do think We need sum kinda chart or graph or program to help us keep track of Nicoles a] Boyfriends b] jobs [and or interviews]

When ya gets as old as me, bermebering things is kinda like trying to keep a pig in a pirogue.

Scot, Dat's interest'in. I had no idear

Welp, Olds friends enjoy de day.
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I just assume it's going to rain so why look at the weather. It's nice out now.

Clint I grew up in Park Forest, which is just south of Chicago. I'm originally from Moline, which is just over the river from Iowa. Moved when I was 3. I still have family in Moline, but don't ever get back there. I need to go.

Scot that is interesting. That's like the story of why Chicago is the windy city. Has nothing to do with the weather.

Lots to do today, errands, gotta take the Fiat in for new starter bolts, stop by the credit union, go find 4x8 sheets of metal, and of course it starts out under the yellow sign. Have a good one everybody.
Old June 26th, 2013, 05:08 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Humpin' Day Mawnin All

Another copy an paste day here. Sun and clouds with pop up t-stroms later.

Good thing no one was hurt badly Clint. Pikes Peak is pretty hairy to say the least

Jamesbo I used to play spider solitaire all the time. Nowadays I enjoy a game called word crossings on the kindle (first edition) every once in a while. Kinda like a crossword puzzle, except you get a certain amount of letters to make words within the puzzle and there is usually one or two words that use all of the letters.

Whelp gotta go look at an A/C unit fer a bit Y'all have a great hump day
Old June 26th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Stormy here again, muggy as heck, temps in the high 60's right now.

We had bad thunderstorms all evening and night last night. Hard rain and heavy winds. I was worrying about that dead maple tree. I'll feel better when Larry gets it taken down. Some of our roads are closed this morning from fallen trees and flooding. It's messy. All sorts of branches and such down in the roads. Supposed to be stormy all day.

Brian brought his lunch again, so I reckon I'll eat mine fast and get my umbrella and walk, lol. I can't stay in here and listen to the whining and complaining.....

Jamesbo!!!!!! I HAVE A RADISH!!! I'm soooo excited! It's like on top of the ground kinda... is that how they grow? I'll post a pic of it. I'm very proud, lol! That's sad......

Nicole's graduating class picture is in the newspaper today. I don't get that paper here, so I asked my friend to cut it out for me. The pics we ordered on graduation night have been done for like 3 weeks now, but we haven't made it to Kent to pick them up.

Here's some pics of that plant in my lily bed, Jamesbo. The storm yesterday broke 2 buds off of it.

Have a good day all!

And my radish!

Old June 26th, 2013, 07:08 AM

Sandy,

Cograts on de radish, that's de way de grow stick'in above de ground a little. Dat utter plants is a squash or Zuke.

Whew, I'm glad we finally got a frigg'in raddish
Old June 26th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Me too, lol! Now I see my pics have gone away?? I don't know what happens to them...... That other plant must have got there from one of the decorative gouards I put out in the fall... hmmmmmmmm....
Old June 27th, 2013, 04:17 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice mawn'in but I fear de cow is on her way.

Sandy, After a little thought, I think the plant looks a little viney. Could be gopurds. All de gourds I've ever grown [and it's been a while] had corkscrew tinicles to latch onto a trellis and they were strong as Chelsie's breath.

Years ago, I had a German lady as a neighbor and she would come and get radished out de yazoo from my garden. I my memory is correct, she would slice dem and soak 'em in salt water fer sum kinda salad.

Yesterday afternoon, Red an I were leav'in de office above de garage an I spoted a Ground hog on de edge of de garden. Didn't have anything handy cept a M1-A 1 so I yanked it out it's case an opened de bolt to find an empty clip. Rummaged 'round and found a fulll clip and popped de sucker right in de head from 75 yards. Not bad fer a POS gun. Kinda shocked myself to tell ya de truth.

Welp, Off to pick mo squash before de rains come.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 27th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Looks like a nice day out. I hope the rain stays away. I really need to move to the desert.

Took the Fiat to get its starter bolts fixed. Seems the factory made provisions for three bolts to hold the starter, but only installed two. So the fix was to replace one of the bolts with another one exactly like it, and install the third bolt. Odd.

Gonna go to the junkyard today. I haven't been in months. Went to Walmart last night so that's out of the way. Also went to Northern Tools. I like that place but they don't seem to ever have what I'm looking for.

Well gotta get moving. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old June 27th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's like a friggin rain forest here today. The humidity is just worse than horrible!!!! It sucks. I can't wait till I can move to Arizona and never have to deal with humidity again. Cloudy and in the high 60's now, storm chances through the day. Had more rain last night. Just what we need. Flood warnings out everywhere. Rain chances stick around all through tomorrow too. Better not rain on Saturday. Pops is having a show over at Summit Racing...

I'm off tomorrow. It will only be Brian and Steve in here. I plan on going to Lins and organizing her storage containers that are piled haphazzardly in her bedroom. That woman won't get rid of anything, I swear to God. I try to tell her she can't keep everything forever. Once in a while you have to get rid of things. What a pack rat.

I didn't go to Chick Fil A last night..... I should have. It stayed sunny right up to 9:00. But the humidity was just awful. I hate humidity..... so I stayed home and filled the bird feeders and puttered around. Cleaned Teepo. I don't think Bellacino's will be cruisin tonight.

OK... tell me something. At the Newton Falls show, I noticed Teepos hood looked all 'smeary' certain ways the sun was hitting it when I had the hood up. Now I'm thinking it's probably all the quick detailing spray I use on it, lol. Imagine that! How can I get it un-smeary so I can use the spray and it won't look smeary again? Maybe I should ask Bob....

Nicole must have spent the night at Matts.... she wasn't home this morning. They're building a big new Speedway gas station right by our house on 91, I told her as soon as the 'now hiring' sign goes up, she better walk over and apply!!! I was thinking of applying there myself. I like people.....

Well you all have a good day!!
Old June 27th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Always room for one more

Okay here's a question. Looking at the picture of Teepo with the latest trophy, you can clearly see the top of the grille divider, and it has three indentations in it. Were those pilots to drill holes to mount it to the hood, before someone wised up(and cracked their head too many times) and made it stationary between the grilles?

Nice day here in the Greater Stockbridge Area. Didn't make it to the junkyard, my neighbor called and wanted to go to breakfast. This right after I left the Awful house. Eh, I called it lunch. Did get some firewood cut this afternoon, got a rim for the Rampside painted, and put covers on two of the cars that I didn't register this year.

Okay gonna spend four more hours outside.
Old June 27th, 2013, 09:23 PM

Well, I lucked out at the Neurosurgeon's today, said physical therapy was all that I needed, the x-rays being one dimensional and read by a over cautious Doctor (his words) indicated that I had bone spurs and multiple pinched nerves...but that was not the case per the MRI. So we'll see how it goes, but better than being off from work on short term disability @ 60% pay.
Old June 28th, 2013, 04:05 AM
CQR

Good morning everyone.

Good news coming from a brain doc. That doesn't seem to be the case very often. Glad its just PT. I still think its better to avoid the knife if at all possible.

Mike, Maybe you can hit the bone yard today? I'd love to help you on the tongue question, but I don't have a clue. Allan R I bet knows.

Jamesbo, I assume you are talking about the rifle and not the tank? After watching caddyshack a few times, I gotta ask.

Scot. I didn't here of too many problems yesterday, so it must have been just the lower sections that were so hairy. Firestone made a special tire just for that race. They even call it the 'Pikes Peak Special' and the funny thing is, no one uses that tire for the race anymore. pikes peak just doesn't have the same flair to me now that its all paved. The kid who is working for me is looking to sign up for it next year. His dad wants him to race the champ car instead of his truck.

Sandy. You sure you want to deal with AZ's lack of humidity? It was pushing 120* there yesterday. Heck it was hot here the past couple of days. Close to or at 100* and in the upper 90's again today.

Have a great weekend all.
Old June 28th, 2013, 06:34 AM

Mawn'in all

Good news 'bout de neurosurgeon

Yeah de Carbine

Nice day today. A loverly day to pick squash. I'm gonna take sum to de bank an see if I can deposit it.

GTG
Old June 28th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Late start this morning. I had to sleep on the couch last night, as my bed sprung a leak. Didn't sleep worth nuthin'. I guess I can't complain too much, this mattress is almost 20 years old, and has been drained and filled several times. So now I just have to find where to buy a waterbed mattress. They aren't as common as they were that long ago.

Dan glad you don't have bone spurs. My Mom had them on her feet, very troublesome and painful.

I wish I had a tank. At my other house my mailbox kept getting knocked over, so I thought I'd get a Sherman and park it behind the mailbox with a string going from the hatch to the post. Of course a Sherman costs around 4 million, so I never got one. I moved to a different house in the neighborhood and oddly enough my mailbox has never been messed with.

Jamesbo there's a Y74 Cutlass up in your neck of the woods. It's all taken apart and several different shades of primer. You ever seen it? What did your friend ever end up doing with that green Cutlass? You ever sort out the convertible?

Gonna try for the junkyard today. Then I might drive up to Dallas and get an 18 foot swimming pool that we can float a car in at the Amphicar shindig.

Late for Awful house. Have a good one all.
Old June 28th, 2013, 07:54 AM

Mike, Dem trees all look alike to me. I never woulda know it was a Y 74. But No, I ain't never seen it.

If'in ya want me to check it out fer ya, jes let me know
Old June 28th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Captain Starfire

Fab Friday to all Oldsmophiles & ...pals

Yippee!! Vacation from the kitties. Better half took off w/ them for the hills this morning. God bless her.

Muggy as a sauna this morning. Helped to "pack" the kitties and load the car at 5 a.m. and was soaked in 15 minutes. Had to be 80 at the planation with about 101% humidity.

Mike & Jamesbo, here's a car for your "must have" list:
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...202554676.html

I think I could even be tempted.

Mike, I have a jackass neighbor in a modular who uprooted my mailbox from its concrete moorings so's he & his trailer could negotiate the curve; he laid it on its side, and a day later, I approached him and he vowed he would make it right. That evening, he just uprighted it back in the (now mud) hole. Wow. I figgered it was either curse him, shoot him, or put it back my self. So basically being a God-fearing and law-abiding citizen, I cracked open the Quikcrete and did it myself. But now, judgmental ba$tard that I am, I know everything about him that I care to. Maybe a tank would have been in order for me? (That Pierce Brosnan 007 tank scene in Goldeneye comes to mind.)

Also, I think we had broached the IL connection and birthing at some point in the past, but my Dad-in-law (RIP) was born in Moline. His Dad worked at John Deere.

Clint, hope the missus's arm continues its road to perfection. On another note, I remember putting together a 1/25 model of the "new" '66 Toronado when I was a yung'un. I still remember on the box it said something about "Pike's Peak Champion," and having no idea whatsoever what that was. The box also said the car had a "7-litre engine." So I asked my smart-Alec uncle, "What's a litre?" He quickly responded: "LBJ's a litre." (If you don't get it, maybe you should feel fortunate. )

Awesome on that diagnosis, Dan. We'll be pulling fer ya' and keeping you in our thoughts & prayers.

All that talk about groundhogs & carbines has me itchin' to go pig hunting . I cut the grass last night and it seems as if the activity might have subsided a bit lately, though.

Jamesbo, I don't know who's Chelsea, but I'm hopin' I never encounter her...

Y'all have a great weeknd, friends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 28th, 2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:05 AM
CQR

LOL, John, I am about 1 mile from the owner/driver of that car. Frank Peterson has had a fabrication shop here in town forever. His family is famous for their turkey farms. They have had many different farms in the area since before I was born. Actually my buddy who was burned at the dragstrip is Franks nephew. Wow. Makes it sound like a newer version of 'Deliverance Arid style' with how everyone around here knows or is related to everyone else. did your model look like this?

Old June 28th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Captain Starfire

Humbleivable!

Small world, Clint! ;-) (I hear the banjo pickin' in da' background right now... ) So that's actually a '68. Maybe it was later than '66. But the LBJ comment leads me to believe it was pre-Nixon.

Back then, those little $2 kits came with parts & decals so you could make 1 of 2 or 3 different versions.... and I'm pretty sure that was one!! I have to admit I likely did mine bone stock. I definitely recall that the instructions specifically said that the wider tires went on the front....
Pactra paints were 10 cents a bottle back then, and the glue was put right out there on the shelf, and I could go in at about 10-12 years old and buy the store out if I wanted. But I digress.

My youngest brother was really into the movie monsters, and I (of course) was into the cars. Still have my '64 Riv model, but I built that one about 30 yrs ago as an "old" kid.

I still like those Toro's, though, and still toy with the idea of getting one. I NEED an old coupe: GS, Toro, 442, what's the difference?

Originally Posted by CQR
LOL, John, I am about 1 mile from the owner/driver of that car. Frank Peterson has had a fabrication shop here in town forever. His family is famous for their turkey farms. They have had many different farms in the area since before I was born. Actually my buddy who was burned at the dragstrip is Franks nephew. Wow. Makes it sound like a newer version of 'Deliverance Arid style' with how everyone around here knows or is related to everyone else. did your model look like this?

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 28th, 2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:32 PM

Got the new issue of JWO, a nice article on Scot's Olds.
Old June 29th, 2013, 05:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice but cloudy,

De step son is ere wit his squeeze fer his mom's berfday. So fer no card, no present but she did cook him breakfast.

I'm reminde of our [me and Scot's] friend Jerry Clower

"Sum people are educated beyond their level of intelligence."

Dis Mawn''in he said, "I need sum antifreeze to get my a/c werk'in"

So, I said, "No what you need to do is take cars 101"

I think it's time fer me to shut up fore my blood pressure rises.

Have a great day Oldsfriends.
Old June 29th, 2013, 07:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Saturday Mawnin All

Boy we got a gully washer last night Jamesbo I think you are right, we do need to build an ark.

Dan I am glad to hear the good news about the neurosurgeon I can't wait to see the issue of JWO, I think I may tackle the mail truck when it goes by I hope they didn't chop it all up, Brad was supposed to send me a proof for me to agree on but never did.

Whelp the bahia grew like two feet in three days so I guess I better get after it
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:41 AM

I got a friend request from Allan on FB, good to hear from him, I mentioned your (Scot) car in JWO.
Old June 29th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Saturday everyone.

Beautiful here, wish it would stay that way. I think we're getting yet more rain this afternoon.

I decided not to drive up to Dallas to get that swimming pool. I really didn't want to spend 250 on something we're going to use once a year. It would be different if I could use it here but I don't have anyplace for it.

Jamesbo you should write down all the things the step son doesn't get and then write a book.

John the WaterCar looks pretty cool. A bit pricey if you ask me. But who can put a price on driving your car into the water and then cruising around?

Found a place in McDonough that sells waterbed stuff, and got a new mattress. So today all I have to do is unfold it in the frame and fill it with water. Should be all heated up by the time I'm off work in the morning.

Scot I hope I can find a copy of the article somewhere. How cool is it to be in print.

I think I'll work on the pontoon boat a little this afternoon after I get the bed going. I'm tired of having it sit in the front yard. Actually I'm tired of not being able to use it. Eh, it's like everything else I have sitting around here.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old June 29th, 2013, 10:53 AM

There ya go Mike.
Old June 29th, 2013, 11:14 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
I got a friend request from Allan on FB, good to hear from him, I mentioned your (Scot) car in JWO.
Yeah I saw that Dan
Originally Posted by slantflat
Scot I hope I can find a copy of the article somewhere. How cool is it to be in print.
I'll see if I can get another copy or two But it is an honor for sure.
Originally Posted by 1969w3155
There ya go Mike.
Thanks Dan for posting that, I tackled the mail truck but no JWO to be found
Old June 29th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Always room for one more

Thanks Dan. Excellent article, Scot. Took me an hour to read it. Those words are really tiny. Okay not an hour. Love the pictures.
Old June 29th, 2013, 03:26 PM

Sorry about the small copy Mike, I was hoping that you could enlarge it on your end, maybe with Windows photo viewer. I apparently don't have the ability to copy it to a pdf file, which will allow you to zoom quite a bit.