The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2013, 04:10 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Old June 7th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone. Happy Friday.

I can't catch a break. I slept until 130 this afternoon, still no food in the house so I said, I'll go to Awful house and have lunch/supper then go to Walmart for groceries. Got caught up talking to Rex then hit the gas station, then argued with the chair warmer at the eye doctor, then decided it was too late for Walmart so I went home. Well, we must have had some rain while I was gone(none where I was) and my girl chewed her way through the wall, again, and this time got into the next room. Second day in a row for a huge mess. You're right Bryan, I may end up taking them everywhere because I don't think they can get out of metal. I wouldn't put it past them. At this point the girl's future is hanging in the balance.

I called into work because I obviously couldn't put them in a room with a hole in it, and the manager said oh sorry, the book is full. I said I have an emergency at home and you're not going to see me. I got an "okay" with an attitude so I've patched the hole as best I can, with 2x4s, and I'm going in anyway. I'm going to bitch out the manager, though. He's a *****.

And I didn't go to Walmart and I still don't have any food in the house.

Okay done venting. Have a good weekend everyone and I hope the hurricane missed everyone.
Old June 7th, 2013, 04:58 PM

Morning all, overcast here but I don't care. On holidays for 20 days so time to catch up on so many things I have been slack on (cursed work).

Hope all is sorted with your transportation Jamesbo, I know what it is like to not be able have things work when they should.

Bet your one proud mom Sandy now that Nicole has graduated.

Sure would be nice to read about your car in that mag Scot, you will have to tell me what they said

Went to the rifle range with Tink yesterday. Her first time with my rifle and that caliber (30-06), she did very well at the 50m and 100m.

We will be visiting our grandparents in Stanthorpe while I am off so the Olds has a nice cruise in her not to distant future

Also going to the Winternationals this weekend as well. It is the largest drag racing meet in Australia and our friend has a top alcohol car so it will be fun to see him race. He is new to the class.

Time to go get some stuff done around here, have a great day mates

Adrian
Old June 7th, 2013, 05:20 PM

Mike,

Dis falls under de rather large unbrella of " None of my business" BUT you need to stop fiddle phart'in 'round wit dem dawgs and get er done.

I used to have a black lab named "Tar baby" dat was as mean as a gut shot grizzley. When I [during a brief marriage] was living in town, I built a "Bear Cage" Basically a 8'X8' plywood box with chain link fence on de front.

I put sum hay in it and he waited fer me in de cool basement til I got home and took him out to play in de park. [Meter reader crapped in his pants a few times in de basement but dats OK]

I'll give ya sum horse wire dat should werk. FWIW 2"x4" welded wire ain't worth putt'in up.

If I were you, I'd find de studs an cover the "dog room" inside with either horse wire or chain link nailed wit long staples into de stud, door jambs etc.

I had a lab mother once an her pups were in de laundry room Sum how de door betwix dem got shut during de nite an she ripped thur drywall, lathe, studs and all.

Let me know if ya need sum help design'in Doggie Alcatrez.

IMHO, It would save ya [and dem] alot grief.
Old June 8th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Captain Starfire

Where is everybody?

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
John, I dunno but I think de time has come. Scary part is he's a college grad.
Happy Saturday to all... Where da heck is everybody?
Jamesbo, I feel good hearing you say dat.

Sorry to hear of the girl, Mike. Sounds like time for drastic action.

Hu might be on 1st, but LSU jus needs to win one more to head to Omaha.... I'm not like the seriously rabid LSU fans that fill this boot-shaped state, but I'll sure be pullin' fer dem boys!

I guess I'll run the Deere for a few laps this afternoon... but it's anudder hot, muggy one down here. Can't wait for summer

Well, hope everybody's doing fine. Y'all have a great weekend.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 8th, 2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:02 PM

Funeral, cook'in fer guest de usual Saturday
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:47 PM

Have you ever thought of an electric fence Mike? Might sound mean but it works and they are not that bad, I tested mine on myself :O I only ever had it on once and that was enough for them to get the idea not to go near that "string" I hang up. Now if I don't want them in a part of the yard I just string some up, don't even have to turn it on.
Old June 8th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Saturday everyone.

Got home this morning a little early. We busted *** on a 757 engine change, only to get the old motor down when an over-achieving inspector wrote up this little fire blanket, that literally could have been fixed with red RTV, but instead it required engineering approval which wasn't going to come until 3 this afternoon. So we sat around from 0130 to 630. Eh, glad I went in after all. I would have hated to waste 10 hours for that.

So before I left last night I took a bunch of old furniture and lined the entire room. No walls were available. Of course there was no bad weather so when I got home the dogs were just fine. Jamesbo, I hate to say it, it doesn't matter how long the staples are, if my girl can get ahold of it with her claws it's coming down. I've already built the plywood dog jail, that lasted about a month. I am going to find aluminum diamond plate and put that up on the walls. I need to know where to get that anyway so I can redo the deck on my pontoon.

John I have an orange shirt that says LSU on it. I found it in a truck I was working on one time and I wear it occasionally. I'm not a ball fan so I had no idea what it even meant. People would say, are you an LSU fan? I'd say nah it's just a shirt.

Adrian I've seen those dog fences and collars. They are fine in the yard, because I go out with them, it's when they are alone in the house that they freak out. A German Shepherd can crush anything with one bite, but thunder sends them running under the table. Hm.

Well, I got up this afternoon and went to Walmart and Checkers so I'm all set for awhile. I don't have to go out for food anymore. Yes I'll still go to Awful house. It's like a magnet.

Okay hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
Old June 8th, 2013, 06:37 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I gave my brother-in-law my brindle bulldog and a crate (cage) The dog has never been crate trained and he loves it. He even sulks sometimes when he gets put in his 10' X 10' kennel outside. Never seen anything like it Anyway Mike, Wally World, Pet Smart, Foster's and Smith, etc carries them for around $60 each for the size you need. Which is 36" x 23" x 26" high.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...5&pcatid=24435
Old June 9th, 2013, 05:51 AM

Morning all, gonna have couple of cups of Joe and git in a little O.T. today.
Old June 9th, 2013, 08:42 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Mawnin All

Looks like Elsie is coming back for a spell today

Allan wanted me to tell everyone hello and that all is well on his end

Well only 97 moons to go until my biggest event of the year The 8th Annual "Run What Ya Brung" nostalgia drags, car show and swap meet. I hope to see a few Oldsmobiles there I know or at least I believe there will be a '56 there unless he brings his model A. Anyway it's only $10 each to spectate and only $20 to enter and run as many times or as few times as you like.
Old June 9th, 2013, 11:17 AM

De cow came and went [I hope] Cause I got anutter funeral in 'bout 45
Old June 9th, 2013, 01:57 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Hopefully you squeezed it in Jamesbo, cause there is rain from John (LA) to us (GA) to Sandy
Old June 9th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Rain this afternoon but nothing grotesque. I hope that's it now. Actually not a bad evening out.

Scot that looks like a nice enclosure. My girl would be out of that before I was out of the driveway.

Rumors abound about the next schedule. The one we here most often is 3 on/3 off, and once a month 4 off. Hours 7-7. That part will suck. My advice to anyone wanting to work in the airline business, don't. They make sure you are living your life for the company and have as little life of your own as possible. Unless of course you slip right into being an executive.

Who knows how to make a newsletter? I'm now the acting editor for the Amphicar club. The editor we had doesn't want to do it anymore and no one has expressed interest. So it's up to the president(that's me luckily) to pick up the slack. I have no clues.

Okay tonight and tomorrow and then that's it. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. See you all later.
Old June 9th, 2013, 05:24 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I dunno Mike my bulldog ate through the chain link fencing on the kennel but has yet tried to Houdini his way out of that crate It'll work. Something about them being contained in the smaller enclosure makes them content. Lay a bed in there and voila.
Old June 9th, 2013, 07:37 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Quiet here this weekend and it gave me a chance to work on the cars.

The 307 in my Riv needed some going over. I replaced the timing chain and water pump. Had to take the intake off too. So many dam hoses and vacuum lines. The original gasket was shot and oil was making its way up the sides of the heads and getting sucked into the combustion chambers. Never done, oh well.

Hope you all had a great weekend.
Old June 9th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

The weekend is over already. I took Lin shopping yesterday,so I didn't get home till late. Tried to get a little cleaning done before I left so I got a late start. Cleaned Teepo when I got home and got some laundry done. It was cloudy most of the day yesterday but the sun finally made it out in the afternoon. Didn't have any rain.

Today was pretty much the same. Cloudy morning - we got lightly rained on at the show - then the sun came out and we got up in the 80's. I got sunburned again. My chest and neck and upper back is red. And my cheekbones under my eyes, lol.

It was a nice show at the BOP today. 240 cars were there. I saw Kurt (Wmachine) and talked to him some. There were 10 beautiful Cutli in my class and my friends Buick. I didn't expect to even place at all, so I was very surprised to win the "Award of Excellence" in my class!

Chickipoo, with Teepos clone, won first place. I am very pleased with my award. Now I have a little piston shaped award, lol.

I got home around 5 and cleaned her off, then wiped down Tincanios interior and vaccumed her out. Soooooo much pollen on the dash. My rag was yellow. Did some more laundry and washed my hair. Time to go back to work now and relax, lol.

Its supposed to be a rainy week they said. Warm too, so I'm sure it will be humid. The weather guy said we usually get like 3.43 inches of rain in June, but we've had half of that already and its only the 9th.

Well I guess I better round up my stuff tor work, so I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old June 10th, 2013, 04:01 AM
CQR

Morning all. Gunna be a scorcher today. Spose to get close to 100.

Adrian, I saw the pic of Tink. Something real sexy about a woman with a firearm, (unless shes upset with you. )

Mike, Hope you can figure out a way to contain her. Our little JRT is getting a little twitchy at night with the fireworks. now he thinks they are gonna pop every night.

Sandy congrats on the piston.

John, I have a racin buddy that is an LSU nut. Always Geaux tigers this and Geaux tigers that. He's from the NO area. Actually I'd be surprised if you hadn't heard of his family. Its on a lot of bus' down there. He's part of the Hotard clan.

Too much yard work yesterday. The wife turned the turkey coop into a duplex. she's gonna go get some hens on Saturday. He has to do full shores this morning, so we got up at 2:45 this morning.

My quick job of replacing the well pump on Saturday turned into a full days deal. Oh, well, its done, hopefully this will last another 15 years.

Have a great day all.
Old June 10th, 2013, 04:13 AM

Mawn'in all

De cow cometh, then goeth then cometh again.

I think I'm gonna have hydroponic tomatoes

Started pick'in squash wear'in my car wash boots yesterday. Manit's muddy.

Mike, Why not ax sum members to write 'bout there cars and send dem in wit pics

Since de post space is sumwhat limited and I haven't taken my blood pressure pil yet, I won't go into de latest STUPID thing de kid did.

Geeze Louise, WTF are de think'in?

Welp, Have a great days Olds friends. I gotta do sum runn'in 'round today.
Old June 10th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

We have rain today. It started overnight and is supposed to be crappy all week. Humid as all get out too. It's muggy in here, the AC is set so low you can't even tell when it kicks on..... Steve has his heater on! Arrrggghhhh.... I've been sitting out at Clay's desk since he's off this week, cause it's 5 degrees cooler out there. I'm gonna spend a lot of time out there this week somethin tells me.

Nicole made it home around 11:30 last night. They had fun at their dress up convention thingy and at Cedar Point yesterday. She got sun burned too. Hope she does some job huntin today.

Jamesbo..... they DON'T think, lol. I've given up trying to figure out these kids.

Mike.... hope you get your armour plated room for the dogs done, lol. I couldn't deal with that, much as I like animals, lol.

Am trying to download my show pics to Photobucket now so I can post them.

You all have a good day and stay dry!!
Old June 10th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Captain Starfire

Howdy Doody, Oldsmobuddies...

Can't believe the weekend is over already. I barely had a chance to notice it. Remember when having two days off seemed like a real good break? (I guess I was a few months younger then .)

Whelp, I'm not gonna' wish it was September or October, 'cause I know (if I'm fortunate) I'll be looking back in 20 years wondering where the heck my "retirement" went . So I'm gonna' enjoy my last months at the salt mine. Today's the better half's first official day of her part-time career; but she has to go in tomorrow to "officially" discuss the details of her new arrangement. Heck of a break.... I'll have to drop her off and pick her up downtown.

Clint, you bet your sweet bippy I know the Hotards. Their bus company used to be headquartered around the corner from my parents' house in Metairie (on Demosthenes St.). But there are a heck of a lot of Hotards in LA and the N.O. area. I went to H.S. with a couple of them that weren't even related that they knew of.

Mike, the most important thing, as James alluded to, is to get the feedback from the members. You can at least begin the mechanical part by getting a Word newsletter template from off the MS Office site directly, or off the web. Just be careful o' the viruses. I could help you if you have any specific questions. Send me a p.m. if need be.

I was able to run the Deere for the requisite laps around the yard on Saturday afternoon, and thank goodness I did; Sunday around 4 a.m. St. Peter was bowling some serious strikes, and the light and water show was on.... and it stayed on for a few hours. In fact, as usual, we lost power for a few hours. I'm so glad we had the generator installed when we built the garage. In this neck of the woods, it's practically mandatory.

Well y'all have a great day.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 11th, 2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old June 10th, 2013, 07:34 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin Oldsmopeeps

Anudder rainy day in Gawga. Hope it don't affect the roundup I put on the weeds yesterday evening That stuff ain't cheap

Jamesbo you could always plant rice
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Captain Starfire

Roundup

Scot,
Buy the generic glyphosate at Home Depot or Lowes. Any pennies I can keep out of the hands of Monsanto help me sleep better at night.
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:38 AM

http://www.agardenforthehouse.com/20...r-not-roundup/
Old June 10th, 2013, 09:17 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
Scot,
Buy the generic glyphosate at Home Depot or Lowes. Any pennies I can keep out of the hands of Monsanto help me sleep better at night.
Actually it was the generic but roundup was easier to spell
We've tried the vinegar and it works on the weeds but not the unwanted grass.
Old June 10th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everybody.

Last night of work. I'll be like John when the weekend is over, where'd it all go. I have to get my drivers license this week. That should prove interesting. I also have to get my license plates for all the cars.

Hey back to Allan. Glad he's doing well.

We got tons of rain this afternoon. My boy was okay but my girl was a total pest. Up on the bed then jump down. Stand on the side, drool on me, whimper, trust me there is nothing I can do to curtail this behavior. I don't get it. She must have really been wacked out in her last life.

As for the newsletter, getting content is the easy part. I will make it all up. Actually getting one together is the part I don't do well with. I will look for some templates to see if they will help. John I'll probably hit you up for some pointers. The Amphicar club is the lamest club I've ever been involved with when it comes to member participation. Getting people to send stuff in is like pulling teeth. No one wants to do anything or participate, yet people will quit the club and then cite nothing new happens why should I send in my money. Go figure.

Darrell I need to do valve cover gaskets on my 307 Cadillac. Doesn't look like a fun job. I think the way I'll fix it is sell the car.

Well fun awaits! Have a good evening everyone.
Old June 10th, 2013, 06:51 PM

Good evening everyone.

Went to two shows on the weekend. Saturday was a cloudy, misty day, but it turned out to be a good show. Yesterday was the first time for a new show (new location) hosted by the same people who hosted their old show for 20 years.

The Delta was running good, but still watching the temperature. I had to replace the old thermostat in it last weekend. I asked for a 180*, but I think they gave me a 195. As the car first warms up it hits about 195 then drops to around 180. After that it stays around 190-195 unless I stop.

Mike, good luck with the Newsletter.

Congratulations on the award of Excellence Sandy.

Good to hear from you again Adrian.

Have a great week everyone.
Old June 10th, 2013, 09:01 PM

Mike, when will you get the "new" Olds?
Old June 11th, 2013, 05:01 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp de cow keeps a com'in an going.

Sandy, Here's a low cal recipe fer squash.

Recipe: Aunt Fanny's Squash Casserole
Ingredients:
3 pounds summer squash
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup saltine cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
saltine cracker crumbs

Process:
Wash squash, cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4-inch slices. Combine with chopped onion and cook in water to barely cover until both are tender. Drain thoroughly, pressing out excess water with back of spoon. Mash squash and onion with potato masher.
Mix with half the butter, the cracker crumbs, eggs, sugar, to taste, salt and pepper. Pour into greased casserole dish.
Pour remaining butter on top and sprinkle with additional cracker crumbs. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45-60 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bubbly.
Serves 6
cook's notes:
This recipe is from a restaurant in Smyrna, Georgia called Aunt Fannie's Cabin. Aunt Fannie was a freed slave of an old Georgia family who remained with the family until her death. The menu at the Cabin represented many of the dishes that Aunt Fannie prepared for the family
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another gray rainy cloudy one here. Muggy, and temps in the 60's right now. We did see the sun last night about 7:30!! What a wonderful sight. I'm really tired of this friggin wet dank fall like summer..... I really hope we get some summer this season.

Hot and stuffy in here of course. Fan is on. It's too quiet without Clay here. Brian is 'concentrating' and whining of course. He doesn't talk unless he has something to say. Then that's important... I like it when he's quiet, lol. He brought lunch yesterday. I went out and walked in the rain. Yes, I did have my umbrella, lol.

I puttered around inside the house last night. Couldn't go outside, too wet.

Paul.... happy to hear you're enjoying some shows.

Jamesbo.... that recipe sounds good. When am I going to have some radishes???? I know it's been 22 days since I planted the seeds. They have pretty tops, but I dug one up the other night and there's no radish attached. They're still little plants. Of course I don't know how tall they're supposed to get? The package says 'harvest in 22 days'. Do you have any planted that you can take a pic of??

My cherry mater plant is really beautiful. The other 2 'best boys' or whatever they are aren't near as big yet.

Well you all have a good day.
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:23 AM

Sandy dis spring has been so cool and wet everything is late. Jes give 'em time.

Normally, I'd be pick'in beans dis time of year but not dis year
Old June 11th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Cutlass Lover

Dammmm Jamesbo! Those are some nice radishi!!!! I am jealous. If I don't get any this year, I'm never planting them again. I didn't get any when I tried them in the containers a couple years ago either. The tops of mine aren't near that big.
They're just barely above the ground level. The lettuce is getting taller. The spinich looks like grass or something, lol. I suppose they will get big and the leaves will spread out, I dunno....
Old June 11th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Did it again. Slept till 3 on my first day off. Eh, it felt good.

The new to me Olds will happen in a couple weeks. The guy is on vacation until Saturday, then I'm going to Florida next week, so the first chance I'll get to go up there again is the last week of June. Of course, he is adamant that I pay him cash, but I got him to agree to a check if it's verifiable. He wants me to give him the check and then let him deposit it and clear before I come get the car. I guess he thinks I'm the only one that has to shoulder some of the risk here. I don't know what's wrong with his bank calling mine and verifying over the phone. Then he will know it's not fake and I can take the car. Somehow I see this deal falling apart over this, I hope not.

Hot today. I'm guessing over 90. Sunny. I hope it keeps up. I'll be able to mow some more in my back yard and move the cars around.
Old June 12th, 2013, 04:39 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Mike I hope it works out for you. Where is the car located?

Jamesbo and Sandy, Glad to see someone has a decent growing season. It started wayy too late here. This weather has been a trip. not sure, but it may be another crappy hay year again. Wouldn't it really suck to have to fire up the loader once a month and clean the sand off your driveway? and forget about a lawn...
http://www.9news.com/news/article/34...t-to-get-drier

Paul, I'm having heating issues too if I'm in stop and go traffic, but if I'm moving it'll drop back down to 175-180. I think I have a weak (new) fan clutch. GM doesn't offer one for my application anymore, and I have had terrible luck with aftermarket fan clutches.

Well, we hit about 100 again yesterday, and the state kinda just spontaneously combusted. I have a bunch of friends who are evacuated in the black forest fire. , It sure isn't looking good for the fire season this year.

A buddy of mine that runs Bandimere speedway got hurt on Monday. they were scraping excess rubber from the track and something happened and a fire broke out. Sounds like he got burned pretty bad. He's gonna be in the burn unit for the next couple of weeks.

Well, better get to it. gonna be another hot one.

Have a great day all.
Old June 12th, 2013, 04:43 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp, Not spose to rain today Jallahula

Try'in to drag up kids proper is kinda like try'in to nail Jello to a tree.

Mike, WTH happened at de airport yesterday, 1st de thunk it was a bomb den jes an electric short er sum'in. Oh dat's right you slept thru de evacuation.

Sandy, Now I know how de Isralites felt when de were mak'in bricks fer de Egyptians. Had to pick in my car wash boots Mud, mud, mud.

John, Did ya try one of dem nite watch thingys fer your yard?

Scot, Did ya ever fix "Egg and Rice" My friend's grand mother from Charleston use to make it. Yummy jes be sho to add lots of crumbled bacon.

Have a great day Olds buds.
Old June 12th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Well, wish me luck. I'm going to the DMV today to get my drivers license. I've studied the website at length and believe I have all the necessary documents to prove that I was born. And I'm going there before Awful house so I should be nice and happy by the time I get my picture taken.

Clint hope your friend recovers fast. The car I'm looking at is in South Carolina. The guy seems reasonable enough, we'll see. That article you linked to said dry conditions for 50 years. How on earth do they know that?

Jamesbo I heard about that when I woke up yesterday. It was on Concourse D. Who knows what goes on with that rickety place. Looking back at airport history, we were due a new airport 13 years ago. Shoehorning Concourse F between the TOC and air cargo doesn't count.

Maybe if I have luck getting my drivers license today I'll attempt taking the High Saturn to the emission testing place. It's always passed before but this year I'm not so sure. I might even put a little isopropyl in the tank to help it out. Of course I did that once on a VW and it promptly quit running. Seems the isopropyl you buy in the store is about half water.

Okay here I go. Have a great Hump Day everyone.
Old June 12th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another muggy yucky day here. A little sun out there now, but bad storms are moving in late afternoon and evening, they said. Could have some tornados around.... It's about 72 now, heading towards 81.

God it's yucky in here. I don't understand how with the AC on, it feels so muggy in here? Just wet like. Of course it is 76 in here. I can't wait till Brian goes on vacation at the end of the month. He's played with that thermostat God only knows how many times. Who knows what he's done.

He's ate his lunch here all week so far, but he hasn't come back with his food until 12:30, so I get to eat my lunch and then head out to walk as he's coming back in. Works out well!

Well today is 1 year ago that I had that first stupid painful surgery that messed up my ureter tube. I'll never forget it, lol. I'm just so thankful that the tube has stayed open. I'm still paying on the bill. Got 5 months to go....

Jamesbo... it is soggy, wet and muddy. I didn't even attempt to go in my garden last night. Water was standing on the grass. My cherry mater is huge and beautiful... those other 2 have funky looking leaves - like they're curled up or something? Plants look healthy. I dunno. The pumpkin seeds have sprouted.
I never planted pumpkins before so I'm clueless about where they are gonna go and what they do, lol.

Clint... sorry to hear about your friend. That sucks.

Mike... good luck!!! I hate going there.

Well you all have a good humpday!!
Old June 12th, 2013, 06:21 AM

Sandy,

De Stupor model planted a punkin patch at de lake 2 years ago. Der vine are gonna go everywhar. We had punkins out de yazoo til October and sum body stole every single one of dem. What cha needs to do, is put a shingle or sum'in under the punkins when de get go'in to get dem off de ground.
Old June 12th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

Ooohhh! Thank you, Jamesbo!! I'll have to watch the vines and see if I can steer them towards the end of the garden instead of towards my plants, when the vines start runnin, lol.
Old June 12th, 2013, 12:16 PM

My Burbs fall'in apart jes like me. Got a leak in de Oil cool'in line.

Took de 4x4 truck by de golf course an got a load of plugs from de arification of de greens. Donny loaded dem up wit his bobcat. Now all I gotta do is wait fer de bent grass on top to die so I won't have a bent grass garden. I got sum mater boxes dat need sum new soil.. I "think" sum of it's jes been planted too long wit maters.

De plugs are sand, peat moss, dirt mixture......should be good soil

De had a dump truck load of plugs de were gonna give away, so I figggered I'd git it a try.